• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree with everything you said, except for Animal Crossing. I mean, they don't always have to be from some fighting game to be in - case in point, Ice Climbers.
I guess, but Animal Crossing seems just too...placid. However, it should be noted that I haven't played it.

Since you have never played it, there is no way for you to ever possibly know just how cool a character he is.

And what do you mean he isn't iconic to the series? What series? One game isn't a series.
I realize that I haven't played the game, and as such, all that I say concerning Geno should be taken with that in mind. However, I still am annoyed a bit with the huge following that realistically thinks he has a spot in SSB simply because he has one real appearance, and not even as a main character.

And I mistakenly said "series" because I had been typing with the series mindset previously (DK, Metroid). However, that just underscores my previous point. :-/

---

Again, I realize that I haven't played some of these games. It is to be noted that characters that possibly could have conflicted with these ideas prior to their inclusion, also. However, I can only speak in foresight. And I'm not speaking as if I'm intimately familiar with all of these characters, either. Their lack of importance along with a lack of what I feel would be a good "fit" (highly opinionated, to be sure), makes some of the more, well, controversial, of my decisions.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
My tenth row would be:
Waluigi - Just like Mario and Luigi except lankier and clumsier feel. He'd have a kart instead of Wario's Motorcycle and would have a tennis racket and baseball bat.

Balloon Fighter - Can't Walk, just hovers and slides around until balloon gets popped (Sort of like Wario and his cycle). Shoots arrows.

Octoman - F-Zero character. 8 Arms. 'Nuff said.

And either a fighting polygon (generic kick-and-puncher), Animal Crosser (shovel), or a Mii (bowling ball, fitness... er..).

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
If the Sonic series is going to be represented again, they're going to have to have more representation.
A new playable character? A new assist trophy?
Why not a new stage.

Metal Harbor:

Most music should be based on music that plays on a stage, rather than a main theme:

Metal Harbor
Ocean Palace
Chemical Plant Zone
Labrynth Zone (remix)
Marbel Garden Zone (remix)
Station Square
Egg Rocket Zone (remix)
Sand Ruins
Green Hill Zone (remix) Please, they need to have a remix of the original.
*Last being a song from 'Sonic Unleashed'*

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Ok,here are some ideas:
I)Characters:

1)Newcomers:Bowser Jr,Megaman,Ridley,King K Rool,Isaac,Samurai Goroh,Micaiah(or any FE character without a sword),Geno, Zelda character,Mewtwo,Krystal and Roy(new moveset with only few things from Melee).
2)Zamus with her own character slot.
3)Alternate Customs:Old Snake(Epic),Dr Mario,etc.

II)Game Engine:

1)Hitstun like Melee.
2)No tripping.
3)Bring back L-cancel and Dash Dancing.
4)Shields should work like the Melee ones.

III)Stages:

*-New:Bowsers Castle(a must),Ganons Tower(or any stage that could work as Ganons home),a Prime 2 or 3 stage(dark and light world switch=win),Golden Sun stage,Forest Maze,Megaman Stage,Gangplank Galleon,Sargasso Space Zone (for Wolf) and a stage for Dedede.
-Bring back Peaches Castle(Melee),Fountain of Dreams(Melee) and the Pokemon and Zelda stages from 64.

IV)Others

-Get rid of Masterpieces.
-Better stage builder.
-Bring back BTP and RTTF.

Thats all I can think so far.

*Edit:Forgot about a few things:
Luigi with Poltergust,Ganon with differents atacks(nair,dsmash,bair,uair,fsmash) and Toon Link with things like Skull Hammer,etc.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I don't know. How about
BETTER FREAKING STAGE BUILDER!!

I already love it, but it barely lets you do anything!

My wish list for a better builder
--New parts--
-Molten metal (the red glowy stuff that burns you)
-Falthrough/moving platforms that are located at the bottom of the square that you select.
-Pendalums (like the ship platform in New Pork, the platform in Pichu's melee target test etc.)
-Water
-teleportation pannels (a guy can dream, can't he?)
-one way platforms (you can go through the bottom and up, but you can't fall through them.)
-more backgrounds
-thin solid platforms about the width of the fall throughs, also able to be placed on bottom of selected square

--New mechanics and features--
-90 degree rotation
-grabbable edges on almost every part (exceptions would include springs, ice, tredmills, the bottoms of slanted platforms; not the top; etc.)
-tracing your own path for moving platforms/upsizing them seperately
-larger sizes (Come on. If you want to have good boundry room right now you can only make a stage about the size of FD on large scale.)
-walk-off boundries

There's a little more I want to add, but I forgot. I'll edit this post some time later.

Also, I don't have any characters I want really badly except for
Sukapon!
and as a second I also want
Ridley!

I'll post their movesets later.

EDIT: Ah... I can see it now:
*somewhere at a video game convention (E3, perhaps?)* Nintendo rep: "Well, we've been getting alot of complaints about how cruddy the stage builder in brawl is, so we have decided to do something about it in SSB4.
We're removing it!
Maybe that'll shut you whiny b*tches up."

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I liked a lot of your ideas phantomphungus.

Here is a sort of draft roster I made up

Issac-Seems really popular now. Plus, GS is awesome, and considered a great game by many (was on IGN's 100 best games ever).
Andy-AW needs love. It's a long running Nintendo franchise with loads of personality and history. Not to mention music. Andy would also make a cool character. He would gain funds though KOs and damage and then summon units like Machs and Tanks to help him fight.
Krystal-Another fan favorite that missed Brawl. She has a lot of potential and is pretty popular in the sates (one of the top 5 requested characters when I did the poll way back)
King K. Rool-A regular villain in the DK franchise and one who has some popularity in Japan as well as here)
Mii-Idea. This is a create a character. You pick a Mii and you give it a moveset based on Mii Parts you have collected. They are either Power, Speed, or Technical. These will all effect how your Final Smash, Mii Parade, work. You can have up to 4 different sets.
Saki-He was a character Sakurai said he got a lot of request for so I think he should move from AT to playable character, especially as the US and Europe can now play Sin&Punishment. He'd make a cool fighter, and has some potential for stages (like the Elevator level)
Little Mac-A character that should have been in Brawl. Punch-Out was one of the best selling games for the NES, and Punch-Out is one of the top downloaded games on the VC. He's also a character a lot of people here love, and one they will remember.
Ridley-A character a lot of people wanted but didn't make the cut. I really do think he should be resized and made to work in Smash. Instead of standing, he would walk around hunched down, like he did in Metroid Prime. He would come out as a huge beast when he jumps
Black Shadow-Although a lot of people want to see Gohor, I chose him since japan like him more then we here like Gohor. He'd act more like a Capt. Falcon clone then Ganondorf, and probably be like Ganondorf was in Melee. He has also become a much more important character with F-Zero GX.
Geno-Geno was one of the most requested characters for Brawl, but missed the boat. According to Sakurai, there was one character who didn't get in due to legal reasons. So perhaps Geno was ment for Brawl. Hopefully, in SSB4, it will be his time to shine.
Tetra/Toon Zelda-A character found on Brawl's disc but was not in the game. I think Tetra would fit right in, especially with Toon Link now, and I think it's a character people would like to see.
Also Staring
Mewtwo
Roy
Dr. Mario
-Felt he had enough importance to Nintendo being a recurring character and was one of the best selling NES titles. Not to mention he is a Smash veteran.

Also, one idea was replacing Snake for Megaman. Snake really feels out of place and has little to no history with Nintendo. The trophies were mostly from the PS games. Not to mention one of his three games was a port while another was a remake. Not deserving. At least Megaman has some history with Nintendo.

shinsengumi101

Smash Rookie
I would love it if we got MORE stuff to work with in Stage Builder, and I really want to see Isaac as a playable character.

Possible moveset:

B: Charged attack (Like Roy in melee)
Bleft/right: Uses Super Nova
Bdown: Uses Granite Djinn - reduce damage taken for 10 sec
Bup: Uses growth to grow vines for him to grab onto (Maybe)

A: Sword Swing
Aleft/right: Slash of his sword
Adown: stab with his sword
Aup: upper slash with sword

Aair: swings sword (Like Marth)
AairL/R: Sword Slash to side he's facing
AairD: Stab sword into ground (Like Link)
AairU: does a backflip kicking enemies

SmashL/R: Uses Ragnarok
SmashU: Uses Firebomb (Like Ivysaurs Smash-up)
SmashD: Uses Mother Gaia - area he's facing

Fsmash: Uses summoning Judgment - on random target

Z(Grab): Uses Force Catch

Anyways I think This would make Isaac a formidable foe in SSB4, or a purchasable character pack for Brawl. And yes I know I gave him abilities obtained from using other djinn combo's.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well I'll first adress some issues with Peach that I hope they change if they happen to make another one.
- Give her back her old second jump. I dont really think it was really necissary to nerf in the first place.
- Make her invincible when performing Toad. People with reflectors or with attacks that have reflecting properties deflect the spores.
- Make her invincible when using the Peach Bomber. Its still easily interuptable before she attacks which is pretty pathetic imo.
- Make the falling speed on the Parasol similiar to Melee.
- Make Turnips bounce off sheilds.
- Give her back her old Dsmash.
- And give her some decent killing moves.

Well thats about all I can think about right now....

PhillipthaGoober

Smash Journeyman
New Characters: Geno, King K. Rool, Krystal, Mallow, Megaman, tails, Lip, Isaac, Ray Mk, Mewtwo, Paper Mario, Black Shadow, Bowser Jr.
And GOOD online with no lag and ranked matches. New levels and events. Give Fox, Falco, and Wolf different final smashes. And no tripping. And a faster pace like Melee.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Stages:

Death Egg Zone: would be an epically bad *** stage.... with the "Doomsday" theme. Here's a metal cover :) : http://youtube.com/watch?v=1lyyzk0vXPE

Egg Carrier (From Sonic Adventure): It would be reminiscent of Cornaria but fly through classic Sonic stages from the four classic genesis titles.

King K. Rool's Pirate Ship: Like the Windwaker stage... but DK themed

Andross's lair: Basic stage with two or three platforms.

Just for the hell of it: The Axem Ranger's ship from Mario RPG "Blade"

Characters:

Knuckles (I have a full move set for him)
Tails
Dr. Robotnik (Image the machine he used in SA2 but with arms)
Kamek
Geno
Baby Bowser
King K Rool
Twilight Link (Wolf/Midna)
Sword Ganondorf (CF's arch enemy replaces Ganon's old move set)

TaTonkaWight

Smash Rookie
changes:
Improve Stage Builder
make adventure even more amazing then it was in brawl
improve online play
every carecters own break the target corse

some carecters that would be nice to see:
knuckels
tails
eggman
megaman
battletoads
mewtwo( think they should bring him back and get rid of jigglypuff)
another f zero guy
another donkykong carecter possibly a villan
deoxys(sp? its a pokemon)
maybe a rep from xbox like mastercheif
paper mario
this might not happen but a superhero, ninjaturtle, powerranger or even a dragon ball z carecter
make shiek/zelda like samus and zero suit samus meaning the way to change them by holding r at the menu
walowegi
spyro
crash
bomberman
keep every carecter from brawl except Lucario

pretty much i just want to see more carecters each with thier own moveset.
i dont mind clones but maybe they should be like a second option of a certin carecter like say you wanted to play as bowser like you can change the costume you could change him into say baby bower who pretty much has the same moveset with only slight differences and is faster but lighter and less powerful.
same could be done for mario he could be dr mario paper mario or baby mario. pikachu could be pichu, sonic could be shadow , link could be young like or toon link ect.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Samus should have the following changes:
-Screw Attack should be her nair, but have it still be a sex kick in terms of hitboxes. Should have high knockback and range.
-UpB should be shinespark, which would be directable, and have a knockback not unlike Wolf's ForwardB. Shinespark does minimal damage to Samus.
-Bomb should be chargeable, such that a charged bomb is a power bomb, which expands, then does high damage but medium knockback. If her charging is interupted, the bomb doesn't go off. If she doesn't charge, it's a normal bomb.
-Dash attack should have blue afterimages, mostly for effect, to mimic the appearance of speedboost.
-Should have five second jumps. It's ridiculous that after three games, Sakurai has not managed to retain this most basic aspect of Samus: she can stay airborne forever.
-Should have some kind of ice beam or ice missile, just 'cause.
-Should be able to crawl. I.e. She should be able to curl into a morph ball at will. A jump from crawl looks like a morph ball spring jump, in that the ball pops up, but other than that, acts like a normal jump in what can be done out of it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Recently, I've really been wanting King Boo as a playable character in SSB4. He could be a very defensive character rather than the normal offensive type that most characters are. For instance, he could actually travel with his shield on - rendering himself slightly "invisible", but of course, is able to be grabbed out of it, and yes, it would wear off like any other shield (fade to darkness like Yoshi's does) to avoid being an automatic broken character.

He could sport all kinds of licks, punches, and "possession" attacks, where he could latch on to your opponent and mess with their movements, while dealing a consistent amount of damage. His recovery attacks would rival R.O.B.'s and Jiggs, allowing him to float around momentarily, in any direction. To balance this out, his actual attacks would need to be rather weak, but all in all,

I find that he could be a very, very interesting character, and as a big fan, I would love to see him appear. A little strange, but to rep another famous Mario villain, he would do a great job filling the role.

I'll now elaborate on those that have been spoken of in such high regards by the majority of Smash fans:

My acceptance of Ridley being playable is weakening with the passing days, and to be honest, I was never too sure about his inclusion initially. Sorry in advance, but he just does not seem right as a playable character. Look, shrinking him is entirely feasible, and could render him playable, but it would not feel right. Think about the transition from a huge dragon to a Bowser-sized dragon who can get beat up easily by someone of the likes of Jigglypuff. Frankly, it would be demoralizing, and would lower the supreme regards that we hold Ridley in now. Let's leave him as a boss, or out of Smash Bros all together to retain his greatness. There are just certain characters that if dumbed down to the ranks of an easily defeatable PC, would be stripped of the love that we have for them in their respective series.

As popular Ridley is as a Metroid rep, I think that one of the Hunters would make a more suitable character. I'm not much of a fan of Sylux, but I do approve of his inclusion as another Metroid representative, as long as he would play very differently from Samus.

As for Geno, I never played Legend of the Seven Stars, and even though he has a lackluster importance to the Mario games (since SMRPG), he could be revived through Super Smash Bros. I admit, I do feel indifferent about him, because he is foreign to me, but I would nevertheless accept him as a retro-Mario character due to what kind of twists he could bring to battle.

Now, King K. Rool. I love the Donkey Kong Country series, and that is pretty much what crafted the world of Donkey Kong that we have today, bringing us DK's modern appearance, Diddy, Dixie, Funky, Cranky, K. Rool, Kremlings, etc, etc. However, unlike Nintendo's other reptilian tyrant, K. Rool has never been so prominent - rather just waiting for DK to confront him after surpassing all of his threats and obstacles. Bowser is very evident in the Mario games throughout the course of the game - causing more problems for our plumber. As iconic as K. Rool may be, he does not feel just "right" for Smash Bros. Seriously, how would he fight, and would it be unique at all? He would feel like a sloppy Dedede, without the hammer, Waddle Dees, Doos, and Gordos, and perhaps a bit of Donkey Kong himself. Overall, he would make for a terrible character, and would be very filler.

I'm also not a fan of Krystal. She seems bland, and is not a part of the Star Fox series to me. Star Fox = Fox, Peppy, Slippy, Falco; Star Wolf = Wolf, Leon, Pigma, Andrew. If any more Star Fox characters are to be added, it will probably be Krystal, due to her being: a) a female, b) wielding a staff, and c) desired by many.

To balance out the 2:1 ratio of Star Fox to Star Wolf characters, I would actually like to see Leon as a playable character rather than Krystal (this is if another Star Fox character is added). He would play very differently than the others - not having a gun, deflector, or a moveset like any of the other three. I would imagine him to be very acrobatic, being the lightest of the four, but with attacks like an agile, bipedal chameleon might have - attacking with his tail, arms, and perhaps even head, rather than with his legs. He would be a bit redundant though, and if no changes were made to the other three SF characters, he may have a hard time standing out. At least he would break the "space furries" title, whereas Krystal would only add to it. He would also be a lizard, while she would too - be a canine, bumping the count to three dogs and a bird.

I'm all for innovation, diverse characters and/or movesets, not just fillers for the sake of stuffing as many reps from different series as possible. I feel that we just about have all of the necessary characters from each game series in Brawl, and adding many more could overflow the game, breaking the uniqueness and closeness that we have with the characters that we do. From the Mario series, we have: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario. Those are the most prominent characters (minus Toad) from the series, and have been around the most and longest. From the Donkey Kong series, we have the aforementioned Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong. A bit lacking, but this series hasn't been so popular in recent years, so having Diddy is great enough as it is. Also, those two Kongs are very close to the Mario characters due to games like Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc, etc. As for the Zelda series, we have the three parts of the Triforce: Link, Zelda, and Ganon; any more would merely be extras (looking at you Toonboy)...

More to come...

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
As much as Jigglypuff doesn't deserve to be in the next ssb, he was one of the original 12.

Only one or two third party characters. I vote for MegaMan and possibly Knuckles also.

Actual Nintendo enemies in Adventure mode. No freaking primids, puppets, angry motorcyles and eyeballs. Instead, goombas, koopas, rattatas, and other common Nintendo enemies.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Spire III, you are perfectly right when it comes to Ridley, however, King K Rool, you obviously have never played Donkey Kong or something, cause if you seriously think that King K. Rool would be d3 without a hammer then you must really suck at this game...King K. Rool has amazing moveset potential that would actually be true to his character...and although I don't want Ridley in the game, he to has amazing moveset potential...nothing against Wolf, he is a great character with great skills, but they add him over Ridley and King K Rool...two of the most popular and iconic Nintendo villains ever to be created and they add Wolf who was in like what...3 games and did nothing but get shot down by Fox? I dunno about you but when I think about Nintendo villains, Bowser comes to mind first and Wolf comes last if not at all...

And you want to add Leon...a character who no one honestly cares about?

Yes, another Metroid hunter would be fantastic for the game...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire III, you are perfectly right when it comes to Ridley, however, King K Rool, you obviously have never played Donkey Kong or something, cause if you seriously think that King K. Rool would be d3 without a hammer then you must really suck at this game...King K. Rool has amazing moveset potential that would actually be true to his character...and although I don't want Ridley in the game, he to has amazing moveset potential...nothing against Wolf, he is a great character with great skills, but they add him over Ridley and King K Rool...two of the most popular and iconic Nintendo villains ever to be created and they add Wolf who was in like what...3 games and did nothing but get shot down by Fox? I dunno about you but when I think about Nintendo villains, Bowser comes to mind first and Wolf comes last if not at all...

And you want to add Leon...a character who no one honestly cares about?

Yes, another Metroid hunter would be fantastic for the game...
Well, look at the King K. Rool battle in Donkey Kong Country. He was considerably larger than Donkey Kong himself, who is one of the largest characters in Brawl. Yes, yes, Bowser was downsized a bit, but with Bowser's posture, shrinking him did not have as adverse of an effect as it would on K. Rool, and that's because when pitted against Mario, Bowser is still larger. If K. Rool were put into Smash Bros, he and Donkey Kong would be about the same size, intensifying that "adverse effect" on the contrast between hero and villain of the series that they derive from.

Also, his moveset consisted of: a) throwing his crown, b) hopping around, and c) dropping cannonballs. They would certainly have to stretch him a lot to make him playable and unique, but again -- they've done so for characters like Ice Climbers (who really didn't do anything in their game), and even the two Kongs, to cite more relative characters. So yes, K. Rool could be made, and I would not digress from his inclusion IF they at least made him feel a bit "superior" to Donkey Kong in size.

It's all about balance, between every element in the game - including the rationals between the number of game reps, and how they stand in contrast between one another within Smash Bros, and within their respective games. That is the reason why Ridley was not in Brawl, and that is the reason why he should not be.

Also about Wolf. I really disapprove of his inclusion also, but if a Star Fox villain were to make it as a playable character, we would definitely see him over Andross. I personally dislike Wolf as a smasher due to how he plays. Leon has really never been addressed much, but I would take him over Krystal because he has been around longer, and because of the ratio between 2:2 heroes and villains, rather than 3:1. I support more villains as characters, because as great as it is to pit Mario and Link together, amongst any other heroes or general "good guys", it's in some regards even greater to pit Mario against Ganondorf, or Link against Bowser. Now don't get me wrong, I don't do these matchups really, I play with who I want against anyone, but the concept of having villains available helps to balance the roster a whole lot more, even if the non-villainous characters take up the majority of the cast.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
After he appeared in MarioKart Wii, isn't anyone wanting...

ya know...

And for everyone asking for Megaman and Geno... I'd anticipate the ones found in brawl's data before I started asking for some reletively obscure 3rd party character.

Look deep insdie your heart... do you think there is an actual chance of having geno in SSB4?

Spire

III
BRoomer
After he appeared in MarioKart Wii, isn't anyone wanting...

ya know...

And for everyone asking for Megaman and Geno... I'd anticipate the ones found in brawl's data before I started asking for some reletively obscure 3rd party character.

Look deep insdie your heart... do you think there is an actual chance of having geno in SSB4?
Ahhh, Funky Kong! I was meaning to add him to my post before last. I would really like to see him appear as a PC in SSB4. As of now though, he's seen no real action (besides racing games, correct me if I'm wrong) so how would he play? He has a plane, so that could be related to his Final Smash perhaps. I'm thinking that [given his looks and lifestyle] he could whip out a guitar and fight with that perhaps, along with punches, kicks, and the usual. Also, he could use a surfboard to slide around the stage, hitting his opponents on the way. I completely support Funky Kong, and have since Donkey Kong Country. Hey, hey defeated K. Rool with a freakin' boot in DK64; he deserves credit.

Also, Dixie Kong was very important in the Donkey Kong series, but in recent years, has fallen in popularity, and is now more so an "extra". Although she's unique in how she moves about, I do not see her making the cut as a character. Excuse me for my controversiality, but if they "upgraded" Diddy Kong to have Dixie Kong as a "Nana", I would applaud that decision. That way, we could have both Dixie and Funky or K. Rool. Unfortunately, that pair existed only in Donkey Kong Country 2, and even though that concept existed in all of the Donkey Kong Country games, I do not see it being revived. Even so, if the DK series gets an AT in SSB4, it should be one of the three aforementioned characters, along with one of them becoming playable.

Personally, I prefer the air Funky Kong.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a few suggesting an Advance Wars CO as a character. This piqued my interest, as I consider myself to be a big fan of the series. However, I think a CO would be a terrible character. He would summon/buy units? Seriously? What would that mean? Would he be a projectile army or consist of several separate characters running about the stage? It doesn't fit at all. Maybe it could be resolved, but with much more effort than for other more iconic and adaptable characters. Sorry.

But the Mii is still the worst idea.

Also, I see a lot of pairing of characters to make another "Ice Climbers." The climbers were made together, have always been together, and rely on each other, if I'm not mistaken. Nearly every suggested combination I've seen would destroy either of the characters (if deserving at all). They don't fit. Don't force things.

chansen

Smash Lord
Id be satisfied with a funky kong bonus costume color for dk. that's be much easier and im sure everyone would be just as happy with his controls.

just like, "why didn't they give mario a doc costume, just for good measure?"

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Well, look at the King K. Rool battle in Donkey Kong Country. He was considerably larger than Donkey Kong himself, who is one of the largest characters in Brawl. Yes, yes, Bowser was downsized a bit, but with Bowser's posture, shrinking him did not have as adverse of an effect as it would on K. Rool, and that's because when pitted against Mario, Bowser is still larger. If K. Rool were put into Smash Bros, he and Donkey Kong would be about the same size, intensifying that "adverse effect" on the contrast between hero and villain of the series that they derive from.
Bowser was downsized a bit? Sunshine. Enormous.

Also, his moveset consisted of: a) throwing his crown, b) hopping around, and c) dropping cannonballs..
He is a boxer...

Diddy and Dixie would make a good team, methinks. Not an Ice Climber clone, because they switch with and throw each other... Down B could be to switch the order, changing the stats a little (and maybe Up B, Rocketbarrel Boost for Diddy, and Helicopter Spin for Dixie?), Side B could be Diddy/Dixie throwing Dixie/Diddy...

Funky Kong needs to go in. But 4 reps (Donkey Kong, Diddy/Dixie, K. Rool, Funky) is a lot for a less popular franchise like Donkey Kong... :confused:

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've seen a few suggesting an Advance Wars CO as a character. This piqued my interest, as I consider myself to be a big fan of the series. However, I think a CO would be a terrible character. He would summon/buy units? Seriously? What would that mean? Would he be a projectile army or consist of several separate characters running about the stage? It doesn't fit at all. Maybe it could be resolved, but with much more effort than for other more iconic and adaptable characters. Sorry.

Also, I see a lot of pairing of characters to make another "Ice Climbers." The climbers were made together, have always been together, and rely on each other, if I'm not mistaken. Nearly every suggested combination I've seen would destroy either of the characters (if deserving at all). They don't fit. Don't force things.
Well how about an actual infantry unit? The generic "Battalion Warrior", or "Advanced Warrior" with a number of weapons: rifle, rocket launcher, grenades, etc. It wouldn't be confusing in the least bit, and seeing as how it is one of Nintendo's newer and successful series, they could have a rep in SSB4.

Also, Diddy and Dixie were originally paired up in DKC2, and although you can play as either individually, they were made to work together. I understand where you're coming from in this argument, as the only Ice Climbers anyone has ever known have been the two together - always. So yes, they are iconic in the fact that they were originally a pair, and have always been a pair (their physical resemblance of one another keeps them together also).

Bowser was downsized a bit? Sunshine. Enormous.
He was considerably smaller in Galaxy (his latest Mario adventure appearance) than in Sunshine.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
First thing's first. There had better not be another subspace emissary. If there must be a story mode it had better not be AWFUL like the SSE was. Id say have 50 characters for an acceptable sequel.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
Melee came first. Sunshine was strange enough as it is. Look at the boos:

Oh, my case is null then.
Oh, jeez, that Boo is... :eek:

First thing's first. There had better not be another subspace emissary. If there must be a story mode it had better not be AWFUL like the SSE was. Id say have 50 characters for an acceptable sequel.
You mean, you want no Adventure Mode at all, or you don't want one of SSE-quality?
50 characters is a good amount. 15 more than its predecessors, good, fine, yay.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman

Geno isn't third-party in the way Mega Man is, the only two games he has ever been in (SMRPG, and he made a guest appearance in some Mario and Luigi RPG on a handheld) were Mario games. So he is owned by Square, but he is still a Mario character.

Also, the fact that SMRPG is going to be on Virtual Console, shows that Square and Nintendo are getting friendly with each other again. Not to mention Geno was one of the most requested characters in Brawl. I say he has more of a chance then Mega Man.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I think a custom character feature would be nice (and I know similar stuff has already been suggested).

It would be a mii but you give it armor parts of other characters in order to change its appearance. It could be molded to look just like a character if all armor parts were used.

Its creation would work like this:

Step 1, create base:
This creates the basic form of the mii (skin color, gender, etc.)

Step 2, Add armor parts:
Helmet- Mii gains the head of said character and inherits its air moves.
Body- Mii gains body of the character and inherits its size.
Hands- Mii gains hands of the character and inherits its specials.
Legs and feet- Mii gains the legs and feet of a character and inherits its ground moves. The weapon of this character is automatically given to the Mii.

Step 3, Assign Colors:
Using a color scheme you fill in the mii's colorable areas.

Step 4, Stat Point Assignment:
The system I'm using for the example is based off of the one in the online game Guild Wars, because I feel that game had a balanced stat system.

1.You are given 200 stat points to assign.

2. Each stat is given a level of 0 (weakest)-12 (highest) depending on how much you invest.

3. Each thing you increase the stat of cost 1 point for the first level, and then rises as it goes on, until reaching 20 points for level 12.

4. These would be the stats:
Constitution (higher constitution means higher weight and falling speed and shorter jumps.)
Power (raises average knockback and damage of the character)
Speed (increases average movement speed and decreases lag frames, as well as decreasing traction.)
Priority (self explanatory)

With this stat point system a Mii has several options. A very balanced Mii is possible (effectively making it like Mario), while a more focused one is also possible. For example, the Mii could reach 12 Power and 12 Speed then decide to focus its remaining points in Priority making Priority 3. This Mii would have excellent speed and power, but would inherit below average priority and horrible traction, weight, and falling speed as a result. Playing as said Mii would likely be rather clumsy, kind of like an inexperienced player using Brawl's Captain Falcon.

Step 5, Save Mii template.
This saves the custom character to a named template. Templates can be deleted and edited.

Now I know that this could potentially be overpowered, and thus would likely be banned from tournament play (which is ok because its meant for party/casual play).

Mii's would have the following restrictions:
Cannot be used for online brawls.
Can't be played in any 1p modes except for training and classic.
Can't be played in Tournament Mode.

And people might ask why this Mii should make it, when it doesn't represent a game. It actually does represent the Wii system itself by being a customizable Mii.

Spire

III
BRoomer
And people might ask why this Mii should make it, when it doesn't represent a game. It actually does represent the Wii system itself by being a customizable Mii.
I won't quote your whole post to conserve scrolling space, but your system is interesting. Ideas as such have crossed my mind, but not in relation to the Mii. Who's to say that the next Smash Bros will appear on the Wii? If so, then the Mii cannot be included (seriously, bringing a Mii to another platform that is not titled almost identical to the Mii, but with a vertically flipped M is blasphemy), but that is not intended to shoot down your idea at all.

I think a system with said character-specific parts, along with many customization-specific parts could work, and if not the Mii, than perhaps each series could host a base model. Different parts should be unlockable through: unlocking new characters, stages, AT's, finding the pieces in adventure mode, buying with coins, etc, etc. They could eliminate the whole sticker system and replace it with customizable parts (this could potentially also apply to the stage builder, where you could buy parts).

Mario could sport a "plumber" base body and a generic "koopa-like" body for those like Yoshi, DK could sport a gorilla base, Kirby a base round character reminiscent of he and Waddle Dee, Zelda and Fire Emblem could share a base human body, Star Fox a base anthropomorphic body with interchangeable animal heads, Earthbound a small child base, and F-Zero/Metroid, a "futuristic" human base (aside from the Zelda/Fire Emblem base). Forgive me if I excluded anything important.

It's a bit of a stretch, but all in all, that would be adding one, two... eight base bodies. That's basically adding eight new characters that can be altered in gender, height, weight, etc, etc. So by changing the different values, you could potentially have an endless amount of customized characters with slightly different movesets within their base-body families.

espio87

Smash Ace
Just thought of some alternate costumes:
Samus: Light Suit (MP2), Dark Samus
Snake: MGS1 Snake, Iriquos Pliskin and Tuxedo Snake

Changes they should make:
Toon Link Final Smash: The Four Sword: Toon Link splits into four and the copies attack the opponent/s.

Patchi

Smash Rookie
In a house, in a state, in a country, on a plantet
Each original series (excluding Mertroid and F-Zero and including Fire emblem and Wario) would have 4 characters each. Metroid and F-Zero would have 2 characters each. Olimar would be mixed with an Aminal Crossing rep, an Electroplakton rep, and a DS rep. There would also be 4 3rd parties and the 4 Retos would be together.

Example:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Yoshi
Kamek
Baby Mario
Shy Guy

DK
Diddy
Dixie
King K.Rool

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Young/Toon Link

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Knucle Joe

Fox
Wolf
Falco
Krystal

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Capt. Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Ness
Lucas
Masked Man
Paula

Wario
Ashley
Mike
Mona

Marth
Lyn
Roy
Ike

Olimar
Electroplankton
Tom Nook
Issac

Pit
ROB
Mr. G&W
Ice Climbers

Solid Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Bomberman

Electroplankton Moveset: (NOTE: The special effect are similar to the 5 different Pikmin's effects)

B-Lumiloop: Electroplankton spins around, causing a small shockwave. The shockwave damage opponents closeby, and can defelts projectiles. The shock randomly comes in 5 colors (Pink, Blue, Yellow, Green and Turquoise) and each comes with a random special effect.

B>-Luminaria: Electronplankton will charge a ball of light. It would go from Blue to green to Yellow to Red. The ball, when released will shoot of straight. If hit any surface (items, platforms, attack, enemy, ect.) it will go in any direct except the direction it originally came from. The projectile will keep going until it goes off stage. The colors go in order of power and speed.

B^-Tracy: Electroplankton turns into 1 of 5 figures (each with a different special effect) and fly straight up for a short while. You can use the control stick to control the direction of the Tracy and it's flight.

Bv-Hanenbow: Each time Electronplankton is hit, it will change color from white to red similar to the leaves in Hanenbow. Electroplankton will also will return to white slowly when not being hit. When Bv is used, Electroplankton spins and shoots out a wave of petals which shoots 24 ways through the stage, and trhese petals will continue traveling until dissappearing off stage of being hit. When the attack is used, Electroplankton will return to white. The power and size of the petals depends on the color of Electronplankton.

Final Smash-Sun-Animacule: Millions of bubbles appear onstage and slowly rise to the top of the stage. These bubbles can pop by themselves and can be popped by being attacked. The bubbles can shoot out small crystals which can pop bubbles and send opponents flying.

Grab-Beatnes: Electroplakton turns into a beatnes and grabs the opponent by it's long tail. Electroplankton's mains head turns into 1 of 5 random heads each grabs, which has a different effect.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I think a character customizer would be great, but you guys forgot pokemon. The shape for it would be similar to a small lucario frame. Also, this:

Helmet- Mii gains the head of said character and inherits its air moves.
Body- Mii gains body of the character and inherits its size.
Hands- Mii gains hands of the character and inherits its specials.
Legs and feet- Mii gains the legs and feet of a character and inherits its ground moves. The weapon of this character is automatically given to the Mii.
That is a great idea, but they should also include parts related to the represented series, but that aren't playable characters. Examples: Pichu helmet, Tails body, Knuckle Joe hands, Sidestepper legs.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't want Claus or Black Knight because they'd have too many swords then, and Claus is too much like Darth Vader. But giving Ganondorf a sword to use as an actual attack is a good idea. Putting that evil dark Samus or that guy with the horns though probably doesn't seem to good either because they're not too popular like Ridley or K Rool.

I'd like to have Mona as a villain though. She's "bad" enough and is Wario's most liked person. She killed lots of policemen when she used her monkey friend to throw banana peels at them. That makes her bad enough, not Ashley because we'd then have too many magic users. Mona would be better because she is one of the few semi-popular FEMALE characters whom people wanted to get in that doesn't use magic (Micaiah, Krystal, and Midna all use magic).

Along with Mona, I'd like to have:

Sukapon. He is a really strange character who looks really wierd but we need characters like that for Smash. His game Joy Mech Fight seems to be the precursor to the Smash series.

Takamaru. Yes, he is a sword user but we need more Japan-style swords because there are too many Western style sword fighters (Marth, Ike, Isaac). He is a great retro character.

Isaac. He'd be good because people like him and I like him too.

K Rool. Big and fat and mean, he looks like he'd be a good heavy weight that can have quite a different moveset than Bowser.

Ridley. I think he'd be good even if he was resized. So who cares if Jigglypuff could kick his butt? Jigglypuff could kick Ike's butt in Brawl and Ike supposedly is awesome in his Fire Emblem games, but no one is complaing that is bad is it? The same could be said of Snake. A game is a game, and they can't make every character who has too much awesomeness not beatable by "stupid, cute things" like Jigglypuff or Ice Climbers or the game wouldn't be balanced (like it's balanced already :ohwell: ) Just as long as Ridley isn't bad, a good player should be able to beat any Jigglypuff just fine.

Krystal. Not because I think she is hot. I just think she'd be an interesting female character.

Micaiah because lots of people like her too and she offers a different form of magic than elemental fire magic like Krystal or Zelda would with fire. She offers light magic which can act differently.

Paula. Probably no one knows who this is but MOTHER can use another rep. I chose her over Claus and Kumatora because we'd have too many Japan-only characters, and Claus is too much like Darth Vader. We already need more females, and Kumatora doesn't use weapons while wacking people with a teddy bear is awesome and embarassing at the same time.

Muddy Mole. He'd be good because he'd have an interesting digging move and offers another good lightweight who still is still a "small, cute character" but an adult character who is not too silly like Jigglypuff is.

DeMille, he is Japan only yes but he's a rabbit and uses lots of strange and wacky items like summoning a giant Thomas the train-like train to smash enemies off the screen. He is great because he's a small 8 year old rabit who uses strange toy-like items to defeat his enemies and embarass lots of people when he kicks their butt.

Mii. Yes, we need Miis because then we can finally add some form of customization to the Smash series. If you don't want to play with them, then don't. They shouldn't automatically be included as enemies in Classic mode, and the player should have the option to choose to not fight against Miis online if he wants. But seriously, lots of people want to beat up Hitler. So let them.

I would have like Geno and Banjo-Kazooie too if they weren't third party but sadly they are.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
You're saying Dark Samus is not well known but Isaac is?

And Mona over Black Shadow?

I have to disagree with you. Black Shadow ("bad guy" from F-Zero) could take Ganondorf's current moveset and make an awesome addition while they could give G-dorf a mix between magic and sword moveset which would be AWESOME for him. Dark Samus as a Wolf-like clone of Samus would work wonders and would serve for more representation of the Metroid Universe which BTW besides Samus Aran has practically NO famous "good guys". I actually can't believe FE and Mother both have more representation (or equal if you count ZSS) than Metroid which is by far a much more important franchise.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't want Claus or Black Knight because they'd have too many swords then, and Claus is too much like Darth Vader. But giving Ganondorf a sword to use as an actual attack is a good idea. Putting that evil dark Samus or that guy with the horns though probably doesn't seem to good either because they're not too popular like Ridley or K Rool.
Dark Samus not popular? She's the main villain of the latest Metroid games, why doesn't she deserve a spot? Plus, she'd work a lot better than Ridley, I think.

I'd like to have Mona as a villain though. She's "bad" enough and is Wario's most liked person. She killed lots of policemen when she used her monkey friend to throw banana peels at them. That makes her bad enough, not Ashley because we'd then have too many magic users. Mona would be better because she is one of the few semi-popular FEMALE characters whom people wanted to get in that doesn't use magic (Micaiah, Krystal, and Midna all use magic).
What's wrong with having magic users? It's really good for a fighting game, you know... Plus, who else has magic? Zelda?

Along with Mona, I'd like to have:

Sukapon. He is a really strange character who looks really wierd but we need characters like that for Smash. His game Joy Mech Fight seems to be the precursor to the Smash series.
Don't know who that is...

Takamaru. Yes, he is a sword user but we need more Japan-style swords because there are too many Western style sword fighters (Marth, Ike, Isaac). He is a great retro character.
Don't know who that is, but apparently, he has a sword. We have enough swords, even if that's a Japanese sword. Just my two cents.

Isaac. He'd be good because people like him and I like him too.
Heard of him, never played his games, so I can't give an opinion on him.

K Rool. Big and fat and mean, he looks like he'd be a good heavy weight that can have quite a different moveset than Bowser.
Yes.

Ridley. I think he'd be good even if he was resized. So who cares if Jigglypuff could kick his butt? Jigglypuff could kick Ike's butt in Brawl and Ike supposedly is awesome in his Fire Emblem games, but no one is complaing that is bad is it? The same could be said of Snake. A game is a game, and they can't make every character who has too much awesomeness not beatable by "stupid, cute things" like Jigglypuff or Ice Climbers or the game wouldn't be balanced (like it's balanced already :ohwell: ) Just as long as Ridley isn't bad, a good player should be able to beat any Jigglypuff just fine.
Sorry, but I really hope Ridley doesn't go in. He just doesn't work, I think. Try pitting a giant futuresque dragon that flies against Snake or Bowser. Plus, what does he even do in the games? Attacks Samus a lot, takes a Metroid once? I hear he killed Samus' family, but what game was that even in?

Krystal. Not because I think she is hot. I just think she'd be an interesting female character.
... People think she's hot? O_o
But yes, she'd be A. more female representation, and B. have a method of attack dissimilar to anybody else in Smash (a staff).

Micaiah because lots of people like her too and she offers a different form of magic than elemental fire magic like Krystal or Zelda would with fire. She offers light magic which can act differently.
Never played her game(s?), but after spending time with a Fire Emblem/Smash nerd, I've been convinced she should be in. FE representation from somebody without a sword, for the win! :bee:

Paula. Probably no one knows who this is but MOTHER can use another rep. I chose her over Claus and Kumatora because we'd have too many Japan-only characters, and Claus is too much like Darth Vader. We already need more females, and Kumatora doesn't use weapons while wacking people with a teddy bear is awesome and embarassing at the same time.
Never played her game, but she works... I suppose. Oh, and on the subject, they should give Ness/Lucas attacks they actually have, you agree?

Muddy Mole. He'd be good because he'd have an interesting digging move and offers another good lightweight who still is still a "small, cute character" but an adult character who is not too silly like Jigglypuff is.
... Who?

DeMille, he is Japan only yes but he's a rabbit and uses lots of strange and wacky items like summoning a giant Thomas the train-like train to smash enemies off the screen. He is great because he's a small 8 year old rabit who uses strange toy-like items to defeat his enemies and embarass lots of people when he kicks their butt.
... Who?

Mii. Yes, we need Miis because then we can finally add some form of customization to the Smash series. If you don't want to play with them, then don't. They shouldn't automatically be included as enemies in Classic mode, and the player should have the option to choose to not fight against Miis online if he wants. But seriously, lots of people want to beat up Hitler. So let them.
I agree, just so long as customization doesn't make them broken... Who would want to go online against a Mii with Snake's tilts, Meta Knight's recovery, etc.?

I would have like Geno and Banjo-Kazooie too if they weren't third party but sadly they are.
I've never played Banjo-Kazooie or Super Mario RPG, but I really don't like Geno. Great, a doll that's possessed by a star that's in one game and mentioned in another.
... Right.

And to the person who said Dark Samus should be a clone of Samus - NO. USE PHAZON. THANKS.

chansen

Smash Lord
I actually can't believe FE and Mother both have more representation (or equal if you count ZSS) than Metroid which is by far a much more fanboy franchise.
You do know that they make this game in Japan, right?

Gimme more costumes, less ice climbers, and maybe five or ten new characters...and melee physics. And make captain falcon good again. Hell, throw wavedashing in on "accident".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom