• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
If they're going to do the Mii idea with customization, they need a point system. For example, stats are out of 5 and you have 20 points to spend. Power, Jump Height, etc. could all be stats you can put your points in. Then they can make things like gliding and wall-jump/cling (yes, I want my Mii to glide, duh), could cost a set number of points.

Really, here's what I think for character additions.

Megaman -- My top pick for inclusion. Megaman would be a very unique character and could bring a lot to the table (how in the world do people think he'd be a Samus clone???) Additionally, he's been featured in tons of Nintendo titles, and [personal opinion] they were all of his best games.[/personal opinion] Megaman's shown a lot of versatility (how many series?), and I think he's well deserving of a place in the next Smash Bros.

Bomberman -- Hello? Can you spell iconic? This guy is one of the originals, and has given Nintendo a vast array of games. Not only that, but he's stayed true to himself and his methods, while somehow always remaining a refreshing and enjoyable character. Besides, Smash Bros. needs more bombs.

Those are my top two. I would absolutely love to see one or both of them make it. There are a few others I'm in support of, but don't feel like explaining or going into detail about. Questions, feel free to ask.

Baby Mario Bros.
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Paper Mario (heck freaking yes!)
Birdo (a little hesitant on this one, but I think she could work)
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
A Rival/Female Pokemon Trainer
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Someone from Golden Sun (might as well be Isaac)
A mage from FE (personally, Erk was my favorite, but anyone would do)
Someone from Chrono Trigger (all of the characters are awesome, and heck, if we're looking for female representation, any of the three female party members from here could be worked in, although Crono would probably have to be the first and foremost included)
Banjo & Kazooie
Ridley (you know, I was opposed to this idea, but I'm warming up to him, so...)
Protoman (either him or Zero, to go along with Megaman)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
God dammit. I don't know why this is pissing me off so much, but it is.

Mii's won't work in Smash Brothers you idiots.

Think about it. Super Smash Brothers is for popular video game warriors that have an important background to the world of video games. Guess what? The Mii doesn't fit this, you don't fit this, and having a create a character option would completely ruin the premise of Smash Brothers.

It was like when Sega decided to put humans in Sonic (excluding Robotnik). They screwed **** up.

I really don't care how 'zomg uber kewl!1' it would be to be able to shamlessly self-insert yourself into Smash Brothers. Leave that for the crappy fan fictions that have killed the SSB section of ff.net.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
God dammit. I don't know why this is pissing me off so much, but it is.

Mii's won't work in Smash Brothers you idiots.

Think about it. Super Smash Brothers is for popular video game warriors that have an important background to the world of video games. Guess what? The Mii doesn't fit this, you don't fit this, and having a create a character option would completely ruin the premise of Smash Brothers.

It was like when Sega decided to put humans in Sonic (excluding Robotnik). They screwed **** up.

I really don't care how 'zomg uber kewl!1' it would be to be able to shamlessly self-insert yourself into Smash Brothers. Leave that for the crappy fan fictions that have killed the SSB section of ff.net.
I think your completely right, putting Mii's into SSB would completely ruin the games, in mario kart it was OK but in SSB it is a opletely stupid idea

If they're going to do the Mii idea with customization, they need a point system. For example, stats are out of 5 and you have 20 points to spend. Power, Jump Height, etc. could all be stats you can put your points in. Then they can make things like gliding and wall-jump/cling (yes, I want my Mii to glide, duh), could cost a set number of points.

Really, here's what I think for character additions.

Megaman -- My top pick for inclusion. Megaman would be a very unique character and could bring a lot to the table (how in the world do people think he'd be a Samus clone???) Additionally, he's been featured in tons of Nintendo titles, and [personal opinion] they were all of his best games.[/personal opinion] Megaman's shown a lot of versatility (how many series?), and I think he's well deserving of a place in the next Smash Bros.

Bomberman -- Hello? Can you spell iconic? This guy is one of the originals, and has given Nintendo a vast array of games. Not only that, but he's stayed true to himself and his methods, while somehow always remaining a refreshing and enjoyable character. Besides, Smash Bros. needs more bombs.

Those are my top two. I would absolutely love to see one or both of them make it. There are a few others I'm in support of, but don't feel like explaining or going into detail about. Questions, feel free to ask.

Baby Mario Bros.
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Someone from Chrono Trigger (all of the characters are awesome, and heck, if we're looking for female representation, any of the three female party members from here could be worked in, although Crono would probably have to be the first and foremost included)
Banjo & Kazooie
lol, I completely agree on the banjo & kazooie

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice

Baby Mario Bros.
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Banjo & Kazooie
What is the reasoning behind the Baby Mario Bros.? This is really puzzling me. It seems like a random combination with at least one almost completely forgettable character that was thrown together for the sole reason of the Ice Climbers' existence. I dislike.

Waluigi may have been around for a while now, but he's still a trash character. He has no game of his own. There's little question in my mind that he does not deserve it. Is there any reason beyond "he's cool"?

Wouldn't Shadow be a direct Sonic clone?

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Well how about an actual infantry unit? The generic "Battalion Warrior", or "Advanced Warrior" with a number of weapons: rifle, rocket launcher, grenades, etc. It wouldn't be confusing in the least bit, and seeing as how it is one of Nintendo's newer and successful series, they could have a rep in SSB4.

Also, Diddy and Dixie were originally paired up in DKC2, and although you can play as either individually, they were made to work together. I understand where you're coming from in this argument, as the only Ice Climbers anyone has ever known have been the two together - always. So yes, they are iconic in the fact that they were originally a pair, and have always been a pair (their physical resemblance of one another keeps them together also).
The problem with an infantry unit would be that he would be, well, generic. Sure, it would represent the series in a way, but it wouldn't do it in the way that an "all star [Nintendo] character" fighter should. An iconic CO would be required, and I've already explained why I think they don't fit. There are plenty of great games out there that deserve recognition, but not all fit as playable characters, I believe. That's why I was very pleased to find that Advance Wars got an Assist Trophy.

And yeah, the Kongs were paired in DK Country 2. However the precedent, it is small and has been essentially trumped (in my eyes) by the characters' roles since. I'd only support paired characters if they couldn't reasonably stand on their own. I mean, making two into one is essentially saying the two act as a single character, and Diddy and Dixie have separate game personas, unlike the Ice Climbers.

But, whatever. Just some thoughts.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dark Samus not popular? She's the main villain of the latest Metroid games, why doesn't she deserve a spot? Plus, she'd work a lot better than Ridley, I think.

What's wrong with having magic users? It's really good for a fighting game, you know... Plus, who else has magic? Zelda?

Don't know who that is...

Don't know who that is, but apparently, he has a sword. We have enough swords, even if that's a Japanese sword. Just my two cents.

Heard of him, never played his games, so I can't give an opinion on him.

Yes.

Sorry, but I really hope Ridley doesn't go in. He just doesn't work, I think. Try pitting a giant futuresque dragon that flies against Snake or Bowser. Plus, what does he even do in the games? Attacks Samus a lot, takes a Metroid once? I hear he killed Samus' family, but what game was that even in?

... People think she's hot? O_o
But yes, she'd be A. more female representation, and B. have a method of attack dissimilar to anybody else in Smash (a staff).

Never played her game(s?), but after spending time with a Fire Emblem/Smash nerd, I've been convinced she should be in. FE representation from somebody without a sword, for the win! :bee:

Never played her game, but she works... I suppose. Oh, and on the subject, they should give Ness/Lucas attacks they actually have, you agree?

... Who?

... Who?

I agree, just so long as customization doesn't make them broken... Who would want to go online against a Mii with Snake's tilts, Meta Knight's recovery, etc.?

I've never played Banjo-Kazooie or Super Mario RPG, but I really don't like Geno. Great, a doll that's possessed by a star that's in one game and mentioned in another.
... Right.

And to the person who said Dark Samus should be a clone of Samus - NO. USE PHAZON. THANKS.
I like that you support K. Rool

But "I've Never Played a Banjo-Kazooie game" and you call your self a gamer?

Dear god, man! Go get project 64! and download Banjo-kazooie 1+2!!!

And you havent played enough Metroid apparently either, you need to go do that as well.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Before I begin, I feel obligated to say the following: First post.

Movin 'on, I personally figure the next smash should have a total of at least 50 characters. So I figure if they keep the 35 choices from Brawl, they need 15 more to reach the bare minimum. Here's who I'd add (I know most, if not all have been already stated):

1.Claus: Good for another Earthbound/Mother character, and I'd also want...

2. Teddy from Earthbound 1. You know he'd be awesome.

3. Bowser jr.

4. Pigma Dengar

5. Black Shadow

6. Ridley

7. King K.Rool

8. Paper Mario

9. Chibi-Robo

10. Mewtwo (back from Melee)

11. Waluigi

12. Galleom from SSE. I'd love it.

13. Bomberman

14. Megaman

15.Cloud

Now for the story mode, I figure we'd have the bad guys travelling in groups. Wario and Waluigi, Bowser and Bowser jr., Ganon and Black Shadow (uneasy alliance), Wolf and Pigma (even more uneasy), and K. Rool by himself. They're all travelling around in big fancy rides: The Bowsers have a ship like fro mSuper Maro Galaxy, K.Rool has his pirate ship, Ganon and Black Shadow travel in one of Shadow's larger vehicles, and Wolf and Pigma have an over-sized Wolfen. The baddies are ust travelling around, wreaking havoc and trying to turn heroes to trophies, but the thing is, each villian team has a "secret weapon" of sorts. Wario and Waluigi have Claus, Wolf and Pigma have Ridley, and Ganon and Shadow have Mewtwo. K.Rool really is the lame man out here. So much so that the boss bad guy, a ressurected and more powerful Tabuu hiding behind the form of a posessed Bomberman, deems him a failure and uses mind-control power to brainwash him and send him to fight whatever hero along with Galleom in a tag-team match. Eventually Wolf gets fed up with Pigma turning him into a trophy, Bowser and jr. snipe down Wario and Waluigi to get their cut of the world when its all over, and Ganon and Shadow stab everyone else in the back before being defeated much like Ganon was in Brawl, thus explaining how each villian would be allied with the heroes' side. In the end, all the heroes and villains converge on posessed Bomberman's fortress, where they discover the sources of Tabuu's power: Cloud and Megaman being held prisoner with their power being siphoned away. The characters free them, diminishing Tabuu's power, and then eventually defeat him. Bomberman, Cloud, and Megaman would be the last 3 characters to be unlocked.

Also, they should improve the stage builder and get rid of random tripping.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Bowser was downsized a bit? Sunshine. Enormous.

He is a boxer...

Diddy and Dixie would make a good team, methinks. Not an Ice Climber clone, because they switch with and throw each other... Down B could be to switch the order, changing the stats a little (and maybe Up B, Rocketbarrel Boost for Diddy, and Helicopter Spin for Dixie?), Side B could be Diddy/Dixie throwing Dixie/Diddy...

Funky Kong needs to go in. But 4 reps (Donkey Kong, Diddy/Dixie, K. Rool, Funky) is a lot for a less popular franchise like Donkey Kong... :confused:
If this is a double post... I'm very, VERY sorry, but

"A Less popular series like Donkey Kong"... I actually, truly take offense to this, as a Dk fanboy

Donkey Kong was around before the name Mario was around. Everyone knows Donkey Kong just as much as they know Mario. (At least the real gamers do) The Dk series is also the 4th best-selling series Nintendo has (Behind, of course, Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda)

The DKC games were extremely well made, extremely high-selling (dammit, DKC2 had a novelization)

K. Rool is probably one of the most well-known villains (If not by name, I know people who know him as "Dk's crocodile king enemy" more well known than even Ridley (Did not say more popular, I said well-known)

I hope you'll remember that in Brawl, Starfox was given 3 characters, while Donkey kong, who could have had K. Rool, Funky, or Dixie as characters (And almost DID have Dixie) only got the two front-runners of the series. Starfox, which has only had 5 games. 5....games... ws given 3 characters.

DK has had at least 20 games. And has had a revival since DK Jungle Climber.

Starfox however, has basically fallen under.

Who deserved a third rep? It's not Starfox...

DK is not "A less popular series", it's only less popular than the big 3, and if youre comparing it's popularity to those... er.....

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Movin 'on, I personally figure the next smash should have a total of at least 50 characters. So I figure if they keep the 35 choices from Brawl, they need 15 more to reach the bare minimum. Here's who I'd add (I know most, if not all have been already stated):

1.Claus: Good for another Earthbound/Mother character, and I'd also want...

2. Teddy from Earthbound 1. You know he'd be awesome.

3. Bowser jr.

4. Pigma Dengar

5. Black Shadow

6. Ridley

7. King K.Rool

8. Paper Mario

9. Chibi-Robo

10. Mewtwo (back from Melee)

11. Waluigi

12. Galleom from SSE. I'd love it.

13. Bomberman

14. Megaman

15.Cloud
Is this a wishlist or a reasonable list? I ask mainly for the additions of Galleom and Cloud. Cloud is Square, and in my eyes, fits not at all. Is Galleom even from a game besides SSB? Not to mention he's immense.

Why take Pigma over Leon? Leon's actually an assassin. Now, I don't support either, but I'm just curious.

I feel Waluigi is a Mario trash character with no influence of his own. The series would suffer none from his absence. Is there a reason besides "he's cool"?

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Well, look at the King K. Rool battle in Donkey Kong Country. He was considerably larger than Donkey Kong himself, who is one of the largest characters in Brawl. Yes, yes, Bowser was downsized a bit, but with Bowser's posture, shrinking him did not have as adverse of an effect as it would on K. Rool, and that's because when pitted against Mario, Bowser is still larger. If K. Rool were put into Smash Bros, he and Donkey Kong would be about the same size, intensifying that "adverse effect" on the contrast between hero and villain of the series that they derive from.

Also, his moveset consisted of: a) throwing his crown, b) hopping around, and c) dropping cannonballs. They would certainly have to stretch him a lot to make him playable and unique, but again -- they've done so for characters like Ice Climbers (who really didn't do anything in their game), and even the two Kongs, to cite more relative characters. So yes, K. Rool could be made, and I would not digress from his inclusion IF they at least made him feel a bit "superior" to Donkey Kong in size.
Go play DKC 2,DKC 3 and DK 64.A moveset for Rool shouldnt be a big issue....

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
@Ramgigon

Here is some info about some of the characters that most people don't know about that would be good.

Mona:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=82153

Muddy Mole:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81747

DeMille:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74058

Here is Paula for the other people who don't know her.

I don't think I'd want Cloud or another 3rd party like that. When I thought about the roster, I think the only viable best one in reality is Megaman because he was on a Nintendo system before and is probably the most popular of all 3rd parties even if I never played any of his games before. If this was in a parallel universe, I would have thought Master Chief would have been the best and most popular 3rd party member to bring to SSB4 because he contrasts everyone in the whole roster and would bring out a lot more sales for the game but since that can never happen, Megaman wins by default.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
What is the reasoning behind the Baby Mario Bros.? This is really puzzling me. It seems like a random combination with at least one almost completely forgettable character that was thrown together for the sole reason of the Ice Climbers' existence. I dislike.

Waluigi may have been around for a while now, but he's still a trash character. He has no game of his own. There's little question in my mind that he does not deserve it. Is there any reason beyond "he's cool"?

Wouldn't Shadow be a direct Sonic clone?
The Baby Mario Bros. I feel like would be a unique character with something different to contribute to the game. I don't think they're forgettable at all, but maybe I'm the only one who feels that way???

I don't even think Waluigi is cool, and I'd probably never play him. But as long as Wario's in, I don't see why not. I don't particularly like Waluigi, but I absolutely hate Wario. More than anything, I guess that's just kind of a bitter thing for me, because I didn't want Wario.

Shadow would not have to be a direct Sonic clone. See "Shadow the Hedgehog."

Oh, and to whoever said Miis won't work. I'm not for them, I was just saying how it'd have to be done, since that was the current topic of discussion.

shinsengumi101

Smash Rookie
I think a custom character feature would be nice (and I know similar stuff has already been suggested).

It would be a mii but you give it armor parts of other characters in order to change its appearance. It could be molded to look just like a character if all armor parts were used.

Its creation would work like this:

Step 1, create base:
This creates the basic form of the mii (skin color, gender, etc.)

Step 2, Add armor parts:
Helmet- Mii gains the head of said character and inherits its air moves.
Body- Mii gains body of the character and inherits its size.
Hands- Mii gains hands of the character and inherits its specials.
Legs and feet- Mii gains the legs and feet of a character and inherits its ground moves. The weapon of this character is automatically given to the Mii.

Step 3, Assign Colors:
Using a color scheme you fill in the mii's colorable areas.

Step 4, Stat Point Assignment:
The system I'm using for the example is based off of the one in the online game Guild Wars, because I feel that game had a balanced stat system.

1.You are given 200 stat points to assign.

2. Each stat is given a level of 0 (weakest)-12 (highest) depending on how much you invest.

3. Each thing you increase the stat of cost 1 point for the first level, and then rises as it goes on, until reaching 20 points for level 12.

4. These would be the stats:
Constitution (higher constitution means higher weight and falling speed and shorter jumps.)
Power (raises average knockback and damage of the character)
Speed (increases average movement speed and decreases lag frames, as well as decreasing traction.)
Priority (self explanatory)

With this stat point system a Mii has several options. A very balanced Mii is possible (effectively making it like Mario), while a more focused one is also possible. For example, the Mii could reach 12 Power and 12 Speed then decide to focus its remaining points in Priority making Priority 3. This Mii would have excellent speed and power, but would inherit below average priority and horrible traction, weight, and falling speed as a result. Playing as said Mii would likely be rather clumsy, kind of like an inexperienced player using Brawl's Captain Falcon.

Step 5, Save Mii template.
This saves the custom character to a named template. Templates can be deleted and edited.

Now I know that this could potentially be overpowered, and thus would likely be banned from tournament play (which is ok because its meant for party/casual play).

Mii's would have the following restrictions:
Cannot be used for online brawls.
Can't be played in any 1p modes except for training and classic.
Can't be played in Tournament Mode.

And people might ask why this Mii should make it, when it doesn't represent a game. It actually does represent the Wii system itself by being a customizable Mii.

Neat concept except, if they Mii's can't be used for regular multiplayer, I doubt that people would spend their time making one.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that there should be no Miis in online SSB4. It is just that there should be an option for a person looking for a server to find one that doesn't allow it. But Miis should be enabled by default and if Nintendo's server sees that there are let's say more than 80% servers turn off Miis, Nintendo's server should automatically but quietly turn them on in random games even if the person creating a game decides to turn them off to ensure there will be some Miis online.

I see Miis as a feature that could help sort of alleviate some of the shock if your favorite character didn't make it, and a chance to let other players be shocked at the type of Mii you create to make them see.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Shadow would not have to be a direct Sonic clone. See "Shadow the Hedgehog."
I'm not the most familiar with Shadow, so in what ways would he differ? It seems like the most notable way he differs from Sonic is his use of Chaos Control. (And according to Wikipedia, apparently Sonic can use it too, but that's not the point) Isn't that primarily a function of time and space? How would that work besides being a Final Smash?

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
I'm not the most familiar with Shadow, so in what ways would he differ? It seems like the most notable way he differs from Sonic is his use of Chaos Control. (And according to Wikipedia, apparently Sonic can use it too, but that's not the point) Isn't that primarily a function of time and space? How would that work besides being a Final Smash?
Shadow also uses various other 'Chaos' abilities, such as the Chaos Spear (basically an energy bolt), Chaos Nightmare (sadly only in Sonic Battle, makes a localised energy blast) and Chaos Blast (big energy blast).
Chaos Control slows/stops time, and can also enable teleportation in Sonic Adventure 2, the first game in which it appears, but apparently not in subsequent ones.
In addition, Shadow can use all of Sonic's techniques and abilities, and is proficient with guns, swords and other such weapons, as well as vehicles (but I feel that an SSB appearance should focus on Shadow's Chaos abilities and Spin attacks rather than more mundane weapons).

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'll shoot someone if i see more Sonic characters in Brawl. What part of Nintendo ALL STARS do you not understand? Sonic and Snake can stay, Megaman should be added. but if i see revolver ocelot, grey fox, shadow, tails, zero, sigma and other characters in Smash i'll go insane.

There are ATs for a reason.

Also, i fear that the Black Knight's and Dark Samus's time are done, both are dead(at least DS) and their games are done. So i don't think there would be a reason to include them in the next game.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Improve Online play
SUPPORT FLIPPING COMPETITIVE PLAY
Get Dark Samus in there (I dare anyone to say she'd be a clone)
Make the game depth even deeper (for example, let us put ANY music on any stage; more wallpaper for the stage maker)
Make it easier to fricken type

Stuff like that. Above all, make online and make it more competitive.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
My REASONABLE character wishlist:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Dimentio (As he can cross dimentions, he seems to be the perfect antagonist in the story mode if they use the actual Nintendo worlds in the story)

DK
Diddy
Dixie
King K. Rool

Yoshi

Wario
Mona (Warioware needs a second representative)

Link (with Young Link as an alt.)
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

Pikachu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Charizard (he rocks enough to be his own character)

Kirby
Metaknight
Dedede

Fox
Krystal
Wolf

Samus/Zamus
Dark Samus

Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Marth (with Roy alternate)
Lyn
Hector or Sigurd
Micaiah/Sothe tagteam (they replace Ike)(they can switch between each other)

Lucas
Ness

Pit
Mr.Game and Watch
Little Mac
Stafy
Issac
Saki
Animal Crosser

Dimentio is stretching it but that comes to 16 newcomers and 47 characters overall which I find reasonable. As long as it is balanced enough to make at the top fourth of the roster tournament viable without complete domination by 2 characters, then it is all right.

Plus I do not beleive smash should have any third party characters, especially not the rediculous amounts people place in their character lists.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Of those pictures, who is number 3, 5, and 6?
3 is Black Shadow, the villain from F-Zero. He created the Blood Falcon, Captain Falcon's clone to eliminate his enemy (of course you know who that is). This thirst for revenge was caused by Captain Falcon constantly stopping Black Shadow's evil plans. Finally Black Shadow decides to join the racing competition to eliminate Captain Falcon personally.

5 is Black Knight, the villain of Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, don't know much about him but he could work as a slow, powerful character. And by slow I mean really slow.

6 is Claus, Lucas' twin brother who supposedly died but was reconstructed as a cyborg by Porky, his right arm can transform into a cannon or sword and he has mechanized wings as well as a mask to hide his identity. In the end of Mother 3 he kills himself to save the world, turning him into the real hero of mother.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
I like that you support K. Rool

But "I've Never Played a Banjo-Kazooie game" and you call your self a gamer?

Dear god, man! Go get project 64! and download Banjo-kazooie 1+2!!!

And you havent played enough Metroid apparently either, you need to go do that as well.
K. Rool for the win. :)
... That's two people who've told me to... Yikes, I guess I should...
I've played halfway through Super Metroid, beaten Metroid Primes 1 and 2, played about a quarter way through Corruption (who took my disc!?!), and beaten Hunters (irrelevant, I know). Which game is Ridley stated to have done something important, other than stealing the last Metroid? This is a question, by the way, not a shot at Ridley.

"A Less popular series like Donkey Kong"... I actually, truly take offense to this, as a Dk fanboy

Donkey Kong was around before the name Mario was around. Everyone knows Donkey Kong just as much as they know Mario. (At least the real gamers do) The Dk series is also the 4th best-selling series Nintendo has (Behind, of course, Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda)

The DKC games were extremely well made, extremely high-selling (dammit, DKC2 had a novelization)

K. Rool is probably one of the most well-known villains (If not by name, I know people who know him as "Dk's crocodile king enemy" more well known than even Ridley (Did not say more popular, I said well-known)

I hope you'll remember that in Brawl, Starfox was given 3 characters, while Donkey kong, who could have had K. Rool, Funky, or Dixie as characters (And almost DID have Dixie) only got the two front-runners of the series. Starfox, which has only had 5 games. 5....games... ws given 3 characters.

DK is not "A less popular series", it's only less popular than the big 3, and if youre comparing it's popularity to those... er.....
... *dies*
I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA. Donkey Kong is Nintendo's fourth best-selling franchise!?!
... The DK fanboy (me) is happy. :bee:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
My REASONABLE character wishlist:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Dimentio (As he can cross dimentions, he seems to be the perfect antagonist in the story mode if they use the actual Nintendo worlds in the story)

DK
Diddy
Dixie
King K. Rool

Yoshi

Wario
Mona (Warioware needs a second representative)

Link (with Young Link as an alt.)
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

Pikachu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Charizard (he rocks enough to be his own character)

Kirby
Metaknight
Dedede

Fox
Krystal
Wolf

Samus/Zamus
Dark Samus

Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Marth (with Roy alternate)
Lyn
Hector or Sigurd
Micaiah/Sothe tagteam (they replace Ike)(they can switch between each other)

Lucas
Ness

Pit
Mr.Game and Watch
Little Mac
Stafy
Issac
Saki
Animal Crosser

Dimentio is stretching it but that comes to 16 newcomers and 47 characters overall which I find reasonable. As long as it is balanced enough to make at the top fourth of the roster tournament viable without complete domination by 2 characters, then it is all right.

Plus I do not beleive smash should have any third party characters, especially not the rediculous amounts people place in their character lists.
This list is sad.

To be a good list you need to do the following....

1. Put back Ike.

2. Put back Falco.

3. Put Poke'mon Trainer in (Charizard is NOT good enough to be his own character)

4. Remove Stafy... waste of an AT and waste of a character.

Fixed.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
This list is sad.

To be a good list you need to do the following....

1. Put back Ike.

2. Put back Falco.

3. Put Poke'mon Trainer in (Charizard is NOT good enough to be his own character)

4. Remove Stafy... waste of an AT and waste of a character.

Fixed.
1. Ike, although has been the lord of 2 FE's, is not more important than Micaiah. Micaiah is actually a crucial part of the plot while Ike is there purely by coincidence. Micaiah also has the potential to be a MUCH more unique character than Ike. FE although could use 3 reps and not 4 however I will admit.

2. Okay, I agree with you, The Starfox crew should not be replaced or cut for SSB4.

3. The Pokemon series does not need SEVEN characters. But if Charizard does not have what it takes, they could always put Meowth in the game.

4. May I ask if you have played Stafy's game. He is most certainlly not a waist of a character space.

Also, I realize ROB is very important now. He needs to be put in the roster.

Is there ANY character in the Zelda series not in the big 3 that is at least somewhat significant in more than 1 game?

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
Okay I've been thinking about this for a long time now. And here are characters, stages, I would like in a future SSB game.

New Characters
Paper Mario(I might get slammed for this)
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
Waluigi
Daisy
Birdo
Dixie Kong(I might get slammed for this)
King K.Rool
Midna
Krystal
Lololo & Lalala
Meowth
Black Shadow
Louie(Pikmin)
Lyn(Fire Emblem)
Micaiah(Fire Emblem)
Little Mac(Punch-Out)
Isaac(The Golden Sun)
Mike Jones(Startropics)
Balloon Fighter(I might get slammed for this)
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Simon Belmont
Banjo & Kazooie
Dante
Earthworm Jim
Cloud Strife
Lara Croft
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro The Dragon

New Stages
Mushroom Kingdom 3(Based off of SMB3)
A Paper Mario type stage
Bowser's Castle
Observatory(Mario Galaxy)
Sarasaland(SML)
Mario Paint stage
Diamond City(Warioware)
Forest Of Illusion(SMW)
Vanilla Dome(SMW)
Crocodile Cauldron(DKC2)
K.Rool's Ship(DKC2)
Palace Of Twilight(LOZ: TP)
Ganon's Tower(LOZ: WW)
Solar(SF64)
Dinosaur Planet(SFA)
Marida(SM)
Phendrana Drifts(MP)
Float Islands(KD)
Mirrorworld(KATAM)
S.S. Anne(Pokemon)
Mt. Coronet(PD&P)
Space Plant(F-Zero X)
Underworld(Kid Icarus)
Cave Of The Past/Devil's Machine(Earthbound)
A new Pikmin stage
A new Fire Emblem stage
The Ring(Punch-Out)
Venus Lighthouse(Golden Sun)
C-Island(Startropics)
Tetris Stage
New Metal Gear Solid stage(Prefably wherever MG4 takes place)
Casino Night Zone(STH2)
Death Egg Zone(STH2 & S&K)
Monsteropolis(Mega Man)
Pac-man Maze
Castle(Castlevania)
Spiral Mountain(Banjo-Kazooie)
Devil May Cry stage
Earthworm Jim stage
Final Fantasy stage
Tomb Raider Stage
N Sanity Beach
Dragon Realms

I'll post the music I would like later.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
4. May I ask if you have played Stafy's game. He is most certainlly not a waist of a character space.
While Stafy may be a good idea because he's another cute small character, I don't think they could make him a PC because his voice is way too similar to Kirby's. They'd also have a hard time pulling off an original and interesting moveset. All he'd do is hit and spin.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I think a good roster would be:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina
DK, Diddy, Wario, Yoshi
Link, Zelda/Sheik/Tetra, Ganondorf, Midna, Fierce Deity
Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal
Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness, Lucas, Claus
Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer [Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard], Pokemon Master [Jigglypuff/Lucario/Mewtwo], Darkrai
Marth, Sigurd, Ike, Micaiah
Pit, Ice Climbers, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Bubbles
Isaac, Chibi Robo, Olimar, K.K. Slider
Mr. Game & Watch, Skapon, R.O.B., Primid
Sonic, Snake

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Donkey Kong and Mario were actually released at the same time. While Mario was known as 'Jumpman' in the original Donkey Kong arcade, his name was changed to Mario due to looking like the landlord of the Nintendo of America head quarters, also named Mario.

Starfox has actually had two games come out in the past, lets say, seven years (since the GC was released). Donkey Kong has also had two. As a Starfox fanboy myself, I have to admit that Starfox is falling under.

But DK doesn't get off the hook. He's falling under as well.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Well, look at the King K. Rool battle in Donkey Kong Country. He was considerably larger than Donkey Kong himself, who is one of the largest characters in Brawl. Yes, yes, Bowser was downsized a bit, but with Bowser's posture, shrinking him did not have as adverse of an effect as it would on K. Rool, and that's because when pitted against Mario, Bowser is still larger. If K. Rool were put into Smash Bros, he and Donkey Kong would be about the same size, intensifying that "adverse effect" on the contrast between hero and villain of the series that they derive from.

Also, his moveset consisted of: a) throwing his crown, b) hopping around, and c) dropping cannonballs. They would certainly have to stretch him a lot to make him playable and unique, but again -- they've done so for characters like Ice Climbers (who really didn't do anything in their game), and even the two Kongs, to cite more relative characters. So yes, K. Rool could be made, and I would not digress from his inclusion IF they at least made him feel a bit "superior" to Donkey Kong in size.

It's all about balance, between every element in the game - including the rationals between the number of game reps, and how they stand in contrast between one another within Smash Bros, and within their respective games. That is the reason why Ridley was not in Brawl, and that is the reason why he should not be.

Also about Wolf. I really disapprove of his inclusion also, but if a Star Fox villain were to make it as a playable character, we would definitely see him over Andross. I personally dislike Wolf as a smasher due to how he plays. Leon has really never been addressed much, but I would take him over Krystal because he has been around longer, and because of the ratio between 2:2 heroes and villains, rather than 3:1. I support more villains as characters, because as great as it is to pit Mario and Link together, amongst any other heroes or general "good guys", it's in some regards even greater to pit Mario against Ganondorf, or Link against Bowser. Now don't get me wrong, I don't do these matchups really, I play with who I want against anyone, but the concept of having villains available helps to balance the roster a whole lot more, even if the non-villainous characters take up the majority of the cast.
I dunno what game you have been playing cause although brawl isn't like melee, it is still largely unbalanced...so your balance argument really doesn't hold anything cause the day smash bros becomes balanced is the day that it doesn't exist anymore...

With King. K Rool...he is resizeable...he was freakin huge in donkeykong country but that was way back then...in donkey kong country 2 he was still big, but much smaller...donkey kong was able to freakin punch him through the roof, King K Rool would have to be the heaviest character and it is possible to make K Rool bigger then dk but still a good size...they gave freakin captain olimar a amazing moveset and all he does is force cute pikmin to do his dirty work as a slave driver, they can give k rool a moveset, they can give a piece of toilet paper a moveset if sakurai wanted to...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Is there ANY character in the Zelda series not in the big 3 that is at least somewhat significant in more than 1 game?
Skull Kid with Majora's Mask is by far one of the most important characters in Zelda history. He appeared in one game, yes, but left his mark for many (do some intense research and you may find the answer). Majora is also the second most desired Zelda villain. Vaati is a spinoff Villain, appearing in games that aren't relevant to the timeline. Think of it this way:

We have Link, the hero; Zelda, the catalyst, and Ganon, the villain. We have the triforce right there, yes, but - Link also traveled to Termina, a land based on the number four, and in some cases two. It was between he and Termina's evil - Majora, who possessed Skull Kid (an innocent, or in some ways, Termina's catalyst). I could go on for hours about the Zelda lore, but this is not the time or place to do so.

Anyways, unless Majora returns in the next Zelda title, we probably won't be seeing the likes of it, but I still vote for the addition of Skull Kid/Majora['s Mask]. We would then have Two heroes, and two villains (excluding Toon/Young Link, whether or not he returns). We would have the triforce (three) within the compass (four). The number of the characters would be relative both to Hyrule and Termina, with the essence of the Hyrule's three within that of Termina's four. All fits; all is balance; all is well. One vote for Majora!

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
That, my friend, is 100% country-fried GENIUS.

I commend you. Imagine what kind of sick moveset Sakurai could hook Dimentio up with...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
My roster:

Franchises: (47 total reps, not including teams and alts)
Mario (with paper mario, Dr. Mario, and Striker Mario alts), Luigi (with Paper Luigi and Striker Luigi alts), Peach (with Paper Peach, Striker Peach, Daisy, and Striker Daisy alts), Bowser (with Dry Bowser alt), Walluigi, Rosalina, Yoshi (7 reps)

Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong&Dixie Kong, K.K. Rool, Funky Kong (4 reps)

Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal (4 reps)

Wario, Mona, Kat&Ana (3 reps; 4 including teams)

Samus/Zamus, Sylux, Trace, Noxus, Weavel, Kanden (6 reps; 7 including Zamus as a seperate character)

Captain Falcon, Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh (3 reps)

Ness, Lucas, Paula (3 reps)

Poke'mon Trainer (male)-Squirtle, Charizard, Ivysaur, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mew & Mewtwo, Poke'mon Trainer (female)- Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon (6 reps; 11 including all PT Poke'mon and Mew and Mewtwo as seperate reps)

Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede, Knuckle Joe, Biospark (5 reps)

Link/Wolf Link , Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf(3 reps; 5 including Sheik and Wolf Link as seperate characters)

Marth (Roy alt), Ike, Micaiah/Sothe, Lyn, Hector, Ephraim/Eirika (6 reps; 8 including teams)

Olimar (1 rep)

Other: (8 reps)
Tales of Symphonia- Lloyd Irving (1 rep)
Mr. Game and Watch- Mr. Game and Watch (1 rep)
Custom Robo- Ray Mk III (sized to be larger) (1 rep)
Golden Sun- Isaac (1 rep)
R.O.B.- R.O.B. (with Ancient Minister Alt. Outfit) (1 rep)
Kid Icarus- Pit (1 rep)
Ice Climber- Ice Climbers (1 rep; technically 2 if you count them being a team)
Animal Crossing- K.K. Slider OR Tom Nook (1 rep)

Third Party (If any): (5 reps)
?- Geno (1 rep)
Sonic- Sonic (Shadow alt) (1 rep)
Metal Gear Solid- Snake (1 rep)
Megaman- Megaman (Classic, X, and New) and Zero (Megaman Zero and Classic Zero) 2 reps

Total Characters (without 3rd party): 59
Total Characters (with 3rd party): 64 (lolol)

Now thats an *** load of characters (and I'm not even counting teams and alts!)

*Note:
Diddy and Dixie: Diddy's Down B changed to Dixie. Diddy's Side B changed to Bananna Throw.

danielrofl

Smash Cadet
I honestly just want decent online play, more custom settings and a simultaneous worldwide release :)
More characters would be cool too I guess :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom