• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Animal Crosser idea:

Smash attacks = Axe.

Maybe nair involves the axe as well.

B: Slingshot
Side B: Net, maybe stuns for a bit and does light damage. Iunno. Somebody else come up with ideas for it.
Up B: Fishing rod. Tether recovery. :/
Down B: Shovel. Somebody improvise plz.

Iunno. I really want him as a playable char.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
....So you want to replace Lucario, someone who reps a new generation....with Mewtwo AND Mew? Okay people. Seriously. Get over the **** first generation already. 8 first gen characters? That is such stupidity.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
Support Blooper for SSB4!

STATS
Size-2
Weight-3
Power-2.5
Speed-3
Fall Speed-2

MOVESET
A-Tentacle slap-3%
AA-Other tentacle-4%
AAA-Ink-7%
Dash A-Blooper falls on his face at twice his running speed-10%

Forward tilt-Long ranged tentacle hit
up tilt-rising headbutt-8%
down tilt-360 spinning tentacles around-6%

Nair-360-4%
Fair-spin forward(like sonic's fair on drugs)-8%
Uair-Ink fountain up-6%
Bair-tentacle-2%
Dair-Tentacle swung downwards(spikes)-10%

F-smash-Headbutt-5-22%
Up-smash-Tentacle swipe up-3-18%
Down smash- ink at the ground in front of you-5-19%

Standard Special-(Ink Spew) You can charge this up. Once fully charged Blooper spews ink automatically. The longer you charge it the faster and more ink he spews.
Damage:5-20

Forward Special:Tentacle slap-blooper slaps down his tentacle in front of him. Very little startup lag.
Damage:14

Down special:spark-Electricity appears around blooper. Blooper does have electric abilities(look it up on wiki if you disagree)you can charge this move for more electricity.
Damage:7-19%

Up special:ink jet-blooper jets himself upward with ink damaging anyone in his path.You can charge it and control its trajectory.
Damage:7

Final smash-Blooper floods the stage with water. With the stage submerged, everyone must swim. They do not have high speeds when swimming. In the water are 10 to 20 bloopers that swim at high speeds attacking opponents. they give high knockback and about 15 damage each.
that owns.
:)

Ixnay

Smash Rookie
New characters aside,...

. More backgrounds in the stage builder (they do get old, don't they)
. Customizable photos
. Team battles with one fighter's moves helping the other (i.e. Ice Climbers' B-up)- Sakurai could
probably do a lot with that idea.
. A new special co-op mode.
. More trophies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
....So you want to replace Lucario, someone who reps a new generation....with Mewtwo AND Mew? Okay people. Seriously. Get over the **** first generation already. 8 first gen characters? That is such stupidity.
The new generation sucks... That is why it doesn't get noticed. Most of its Poke'mon look like an 8-year-olds doodles (with the exception of epic starters and legendaries, which every generation has).

The first generation on the other hand wasn't out of ideas and had a great set of Poke'mon. How many people actually know who Lucario is... I don't. Mew and Mewtwo are famous because they made an impact on the series.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I knew you'd be one of those first gen fanboys. Well here's a news flash. Pokemon's still going on. It's still popular, and it's still a good series. With 493 monsters and more to come, we can't keep looking to the first gen for ideas. Hell, I'm sure Pokemon Trainer made it because of the Fire Red/Leaf Green remake, and nothing more. You don't know who Lucario is? Who cares? Pokemon fans know who Lucario is, and he's the most recognizable Pokemon of the new generation. And last I checked, new characters are added onto series because...*gasp* the FANS want them!

I feel bad that Mewtwo was cut. Really, I do. But asking for Mew as well? Just plain ridiculous.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The new generation sucks... That is why it doesn't get noticed. Most of its Poke'mon look like an 8-year-olds doodles (with the exception of epic starters and legendaries, which every generation has).

The first generation on the other hand wasn't out of ideas and had a great set of Poke'mon. How many people actually know who Lucario is... I don't. Mew and Mewtwo are famous because they made an impact on the series.
And is exactly why the first generation has the most reps (Pikachu, Jiggs, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard). Between the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Generations, only one rep is present - Lucario, and he's of the latter. I would never replace the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, but Mewtwo direly needs back in the game. He has had the most impact on the series and on the fans as an individual Pokemon.

Like you mentioned in your before-post, a Mew/Celebi/Jirachi character could be great. Perhaps there could actually be two [sets of] characters - one a heavy Legendary, and one a light Legendary. The Heavy would be Mewtwo/Deoxys/Lucario, while the light would be Mew/Celebi/Jirachi. The heavy group would all play the same, but use different models, while the light group would also play the same, but use different models.

The names would change depending on who you select, whether it be by pressing the alternate-costume button, or by clicking on the Pokemon in their "selected image", just as you do with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. I think the latter would be a better solution. This way, we would have one, two... FIVE Pokemon characters on the roster, but a grand total of 11 reps: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Lucario. There are 493 Pokemon, and choosing only a few isn't doing much justice to the huge amount, so by limiting the roster space to 5 characters, but expanding the representatives to 11 is a great way of representing the Pokemon series without taking up a lot of space.

EDIT: I would love to be able to play as Magmar, Electabuzz, Scizor, and Golduck, but that's very limiting, and they hold no importance in any of the movies (which is what the Pokemon PC's are strongly based off of). The above listed legendaries have all had main roles in movies, and because they are legendaries, and most Pokefreaks just love the legendaries, they are appropriate and generally accepted.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I knew you'd be one of those first gen fanboys. Well here's a news flash. Pokemon's still going on. It's still popular, and it's still a good series. With 493 monsters and more to come, we can't keep looking to the first gen for ideas. Hell, I'm sure Pokemon Trainer made it because of the Fire Red/Leaf Green remake, and nothing more. You don't know who Lucario is? Who cares? Pokemon fans know who Lucario is, and he's the most recognizable Pokemon of the new generation. And last I checked, new characters are added onto series because...*gasp* the FANS want them!

I feel bad that Mewtwo was cut. Really, I do. But asking for Mew as well? Just plain ridiculous.
Truth be told, I'm not first gen fanboy. If it weren't for the Leaf Green/Fire Red remake, then the 3rd gen (ruby/saph) would still be my favorite.

And yes Lucario may be the most recognizable Poke'mon of the new generation, but noone but little kids and die hard Poke'mon fan boys would know him if he didn't appear in SSBB. And you know why.... because he isn't nearly as important as you suggest.

And how is it rediculous to ask for Mew? I would still prefer him be paired with Mewtwo because it makes since, makes Mewtwo usuable, and saves a character slot on the roster.

Edit:

I'm going to agree with Spire's most recent post because its an incredibly fair suggestion. And it represents even more than just Mew, Mewtwo, and Lucario.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Hold on. No one but little kids and die hard fans would know who Lucario is? That's funny. I recall, before Brawl coming out, many people and sites speculating that Lucario would be a new addition, because he was the most popular 4th gen Pokemon, and Smash is all abbout combining old and new Nintendo character additions. So if Lucario is the most popular Pokemon of the newest generation of Pokemon, he isn't considered important? Interesting. Very interesting.

And it's ridiculous to ask for Mew, because as I said, that's eight Pokemon characters from the first generation alone. EIGHT. Everyone else has a reason for being in the roster, and Mewtwo did too. Mew's been a rare sighting Pokemon for several years, and it does demean Mewtwo as a character. A Pokemon once thought to be the most powerful, a Pokemon with a savage heart, teaming up with Mew...why? Mewtwo should be on his own. He lives to fight, and I doubt he would be happy sharing it with the playful Mew.

I'm all for adding Mewtwo back, but that's it. No more first gen Pokemon as playables. The important 6 are there, and that's all there should be.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Truth be told, I'm not first gen fanboy. If it weren't for the Leaf Green/Fire Red remake, then the 3rd gen (ruby/saph) would still be my favorite.

And yes Lucario may be the most recognizable Poke'mon of the new generation, but noone but little kids and die hard Poke'mon fan boys would know him if he didn't appear in SSBB. And you know why.... because he isn't nearly as important as you suggest.
I'm hardly a "die-hard" fan. =P But yeah he's right. Though Lucario did have his own movie, so did like 7 other pokemon who are more important. Where are they?

Anyway SSB4 simply needs Lyn from FE. Period. Idk about Marth, Roy, or w/e. Just add Lyn.
^Funny thing is Florina's my fav FE char of all time.

Here's a thought. Jump super stars was on the DS, right? Then maybe Nintendo can weasel in some manga characters. Hopefully not just Goku. >.>

Last think I wanna say. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!! You buy it then you hold no leeway and you are stuck *****ing about tripping for 6 months until you just deal with it.

DXStarman

Smash Rookie
The obvious trend in Smash bros. Games: More Characters. More Stages. More Features.
That's all I want and a much... much better online.
Forgot to mention: If they make an 'adventure' mode, learn from history, don't try to make a story out of it, Subspace was a disaster that didn't make sense, and therefore, make a better adventure mode.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I actually think Ivysaur should be Bulbasaur and Squirtle should be Wartortle. Don't ask me why, I prefer them that way.

Oh and yeah, bring Mewtwo back. If you need to eliminate one char make it Jiggs. I mean, what makes her so important?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Hold on. No one but little kids and die hard fans would know who Lucario is? That's funny. I recall, before Brawl coming out, many people and sites speculating that Lucario would be a new addition, because he was the most popular 4th gen Pokemon, and Smash is all abbout combining old and new Nintendo character additions. So if Lucario is the most popular Pokemon of the newest generation of Pokemon, he isn't considered important? Interesting. Very interesting.

And it's ridiculous to ask for Mew, because as I said, that's eight Pokemon characters from the first generation alone. EIGHT. Everyone else has a reason for being in the roster, and Mewtwo did too. Mew's been a rare sighting Pokemon for several years, and it does demean Mewtwo as a character. A Pokemon once thought to be the most powerful, a Pokemon with a savage heart, teaming up with Mew...why? Mewtwo should be on his own. He lives to fight, and I doubt he would be happy sharing it with the playful Mew.

I'm all for adding Mewtwo back, but that's it. No more first gen Pokemon as playables. The important 6 are there, and that's all there should be.
Since when was Jigglypuff one of the important 6. Even Pidgey and rattata are more important than Jigglypuff.

And yes Lucario is the most popular Poke'mon of the least liked generation of Poke'mon... Wow.

And why would they team up? Have you even watched Poke'mon The First (and best) Movie? Mewtwo and Mew get in a huge fight and are perfectly and evenly matched because Mew isn't the weakling you seem to think he is. Then at the end of the movie, Mewtwo and Mew take all the other clones and dissappear after Mewtwo explains how wrong his ideas were and all that bs about friendship that they stick in every ****ing episode of Poke'mon ever made.

So yes, making them a team would be viable.

And for future reference, not all characters get into Smash because they were popular and fan demanded... for some its the exact opposite. The Ice Climbers? Pit? Ringing any bells?

And if you think Mew is rarely seen as a Poke'mon, LOOK AT RAYQUAZA! Rayquaza does not get his own movie (that I know of) and only appears as an optional legendary of a single season. Yet he is added... AS A BOSS!

Do you know why these "rare sighting" poke'mon are well known. Because they are the kind that are so great that you are willing to go out of your way to get them, because they are that powerful and that much more satisfying to capture.

Another thing that you don't see is that Mew has something that a lot of "more deserving newer Poke'mon" don't. He has appeared in Poke'balls as the rarest one in every single SSB game. Heck, in Melee, they even give a 10,000 point bonus just for getting Mew from a Poke'ball. How many of these "more deserving newer Poke'mon" you talk about have that?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Like Chris Lionheart said -- the fourth generation just wasn't that good.

I don't think that Mewtwo and Mew should get in (only Mewtwo), but Lucario was a bad addition. He replaced a much better, more respected, and in-general cooler Pokemon.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Do you know why these "rare sighting" poke'mon are well known. Because they are the kind that are so great that you are willing to go out of your way to get them, because they are that powerful and that much more satisfying to capture.

Another thing that you don't see is that Mew has something that a lot of "more deserving newer Poke'mon" don't. He has appeared in Poke'balls as the rarest one in every single SSB game. Heck, in Melee, they even give a 10,000 point bonus just for getting Mew from a Poke'ball. How many of these "more deserving newer Poke'mon" you talk about have that?
Actually, Rayqauaza was the main antagonist of the Deoxys pokemon movie, and had his own game (kinda) in the form of pokemon emerald.

If you people really want some likely pokemon, I'd look less into the pokemon that "deserve" to be a character and more into the pokemon that stand on two legs and can perform similar to a human. Think along the lines of maybe Deoxys or Meowth (please god, no).

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Since when was Jigglypuff one of the important 6. Even Pidgey and rattata are more important than Jigglypuff.

And yes Lucario is the most popular Poke'mon of the least liked generation of Poke'mon... Wow.

And why would they team up? Have you even watched Poke'mon The First (and best) Movie? Mewtwo and Mew get in a huge fight and are perfectly and evenly matched because Mew isn't the weakling you seem to think he is. Then at the end of the movie, Mewtwo and Mew take all the other clones and dissappear after Mewtwo explains how wrong his ideas were and all that bs about friendship that they stick in every ****ing episode of Poke'mon ever made.

So yes, making them a team would be viable.

And for future reference, not all characters get into Smash because they were popular and fan demanded... for some its the exact opposite. The Ice Climbers? Pit? Ringing any bells?

And if you think Mew is rarely seen as a Poke'mon, LOOK AT RAYQUAZA! Rayquaza does not get his own movie (that I know of) and only appears as an optional legendary of a single season. Yet he is added... AS A BOSS!

*sigh* Oh good lord. Where do I begin?

Pokemon is a series in which popularity rules supreme. Since there are 493 monsters, it's hard to pick 'important' characters. That's why you pick popular characters. What role did Pikachu have in Red/Green that made it so important, huh? It was the anime that gave Pikachu its popularity, was it not? And that made Yellow Version afterwards? Pikachu became the face of Pokemon because of the anime. And Jigglypuff, being the second most popular Pokemon in Japan at the time (and at the very least, still kept that title in an American 10th anniversary poll in 2006) earned her right to be in Smash because she was so popular. So yes, according to Smash, Jigglypuff is important because she's the second most popular Pokemon behind Pikachu.

Pokemon The First Movie? LOL. Yes, I saw that piece of crap. Mewtwo and Mew disappeared, yes. But then Mew never showed up in the next 'movie' Mewtwo Returns. Mew was gone, and it was just Mewtwo and his clones. So...yeah. They aren't even together anymore.

And I think you really need to check up on your Smash history. Pit definitely got into Smash BECAUSE he was so requested. Ice Climbers, R.O.B, Game & Watch and Roy are the only true characters who you could say didn't make it in because of popularity. But when it comes to Pokemon, popularity is a bigger factor than anything because there are over 400 monsters to choose from.

Sigh. When I said Mew was rarely seen as a Pokemon, I meant that in the Smash sense. It's a rare sighting to see a Mew. That has been its role from the first game, and to make it playable now would be lame, especially since the first gen has way too many reps already.

Rayquaza was in the seventh Pokemon movie by the way. You neglect to mention that Rayquaza was a version mascot, in the form of Emerald. And that's good for Rayquaza, he was picked to be a boss. Yayyyy. *clap*

And like I said, yay for Mew. It's been the rare sighting Pokemon in every Smash game, and it should stay that way. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi can't even be caught regularly. You only get them at Nintendo events or in special Nintendo discs. So...they fit their role as rare Pokemon, as not everyone has them.

I don't know how many times I'll have to repeat myself. I don't know what you're all thinking, either. The fourth generation is the least liked? Pokemon Pearl and Diamond's sales disagree with you. The ratings for the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl anime disagree with you. Just because you grew up with the first generation doesn't mean it needs to be overrepped, and it doesn't mean that other, more recent generations shouldn't get a chance at representation. Pokemon is still popular today, and the newest generation that children are familiar with should be represented. That's all.

Actually, Rayqauaza was the main antagonist of the Deoxys pokemon movie, and had his own game (kinda) in the form of pokemon emerald.

If you people really want some likely pokemon, I'd look less into the pokemon that "deserve" to be a character and more into the pokemon that stand on two legs and can perform similar to a human. Think along the lines of maybe Deoxys or Meowth (please god, no).
Ivysaur is shaking its vines at you.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The names would change depending on who you select, whether it be by pressing the alternate-costume button, or by clicking on the Pokemon in their "selected image", just as you do with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. I think the latter would be a better solution. This way, we would have one, two... FIVE Pokemon characters on the roster, but a grand total of 11 reps: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Lucario. There are 493 Pokemon, and choosing only a few isn't doing much justice to the huge amount, so by limiting the roster space to 5 characters, but expanding the representatives to 11 is a great way of representing the Pokemon series without taking up a lot of space.
Please note: No one wants to play as Mew, Celebi or Jirachi (maybe the former). We don't need 11 pokemon, especially as a lot of fans want fewer pokemon characters.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
What does everyone think of transformations in brawl? Like a pokemon evolving, an FE char getting promoted, and some of the things that happen when people use their final smashes. When I speak of transformations I'm not saying people get broken by pressing a button like super sonic, but more of a style change with apparently stronger abilities, but mainly different abilities.

Something of that sort would allow a lot more options, and therefore complexity to learning a char who can transform. And also with more options comes more likely hood of glitches, which can be game breaking or game making.

The problem is such a thing might not easily fit into SSB w/ out being either out of place. A game could let you transform if you build up the energy by charging or landing hits (NO!), getting a certain item (no smashball >.>), or balancing out the game for the one loosing (rewards for sucking... sounds like camping). The best way I can think of is like a typical sheik to Zelda transformation, maybe with a little more risk such as no super armor, taking longer, giving you a certain amount of damage at once or over time, etc.

Anyone think transforming (in a super saiyan fashion) is a good idea for SSB4?

D

Deleted member

Another thing for the Pokemon argument:

Johto remake are on their way.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Another thing for the Pokemon argument:

Johto remake are on their way.
Seriously? That would be sweet.

And a lot could be said against the argument that has been presented to me.

Yes Jigglypuff's popularity came from the anime... where has that lead with her inclusion in Brawl... She is the 2nd most voted character for most HATED in Brawl and the LEAST voted character in the Favorite Character/Main Poll. She is so unpopular in fact that only 2 people have voted her for their favorite character/main in that poll... IN ALMOST FOUR MONTHS.

Wow. Rayquaza was mascot of the 3rd game in a generation. The 3rd game is the one that is made last for the hell of it. It doesn't mean anything. Crystal was just Silver and Gold with some slight changes and the removal of the cloning bug that existed in those games. Yellow was just red and blue where you had to use a useless unevolvable Pikachu as your starter. Loads of fun. I suppose you could say that it reveals a little more of the storyline, but most of this is based off of the anime.

And who watches the more recent Poke'mon movies? They don't even have commercials for these things anymore. They just make them and they pop up in stores or as ads in Poke'mon game boxes randomly. That and the movies are as painful to watch as the show is if you are above the age of 8-10.

And noone wants to play as Mew, Celebi, or Jirachi? Correction YOU don't want to play as Mew, Celebi, or Jirachi. These characters could be much more interesting than someone like Jigglypuff.

And isn't it about time that Mew had his return?

And my argument has nothing to do with "being raised on the first generation." I've watched episodes and played games as recent as the Ruby and Sapphire series. The show and the games just tend to get progressively worse as time goes by. Thats usually the general rule for any game or tv show, unless they put serious effort into the later generations/seasons, which they sure as hell didn't for the diamond and pearl season.

GunMaster001

Smash Cadet
I have been thinking about this for a while now. The first thing to do is get Sakurai off of the Smash Bros projects. You need to get someone in who can think of the competitive scene and the casual scene. Someone who is creative and will make an epic game. Someone who will keep to their word.

The most obvious fixes are no more clones. That means a lot of work is going to be needed for Fox, Falco, and Wolf. I don't even know why Gannon is a clone. I am not sure how to fix the space animals but I have some ideas for Gannondorf.

Usmash - Captain Falcons Usmash but more powerful like it was in melee.
Dair - The stomp should stay with Gannon

b- His dark energy orbs from Ocarania of Time. The more you charge it the more that shoot out.
down b - Silver spears fall from above Gannon and land next to him on either side. Somewhat like DK's down B.
side b- He thrust across the stage with his sword out. Like Ike's except, he doesn't have to charge it and he doesn't swing the sword he just runs into his foe.

Uair - He thrust his sword into the air
fair - He swings his sword in front of him. The middle spikes
bair - Like Captain Falcon's bair except add a sword to it.

Dsmash - Gannon slams his sword into the ground causing a small shockwave on both sides of him. Like Charizards D-smash
Fsmash - Could be another sword smash or just a really strong punch

So that is one Clone out of the way.

Story mode: One of the main issues with Story mode was that it was pretty repetitive. You have a wide list of game characters many of which came from side scrollers. Utilize their different level style then just walk around fight enemies reach the end. Through in some jumping, platforming, puzzles, speed runs. I bet you could even get away with some Strategy Role playing levels.

I came up with an idea for a story. It starts out with your villains getting trounced by their respective arch rival and turned into a trophy. Eggman and Master hand round up the villains and create a little alliance between them all. Eggman has hatched a plan that require collecting energy sources in order to power his new secret weapon that will allow the villains to rule their respective worlds. The robot also has the ability to utilize moves from other fighters. So as a side mission the villains are to collect the DNA of all the heroes. In the end the crystal shards, chaos emeralds, powerstars, and triforce of power are rounded up. The robot, I figure would look something like Emerl but maybe a bit more generic, thus gains this immense power and the ability to fight like anyone of the playable characters. Gannondorf and Bowser transfrom into Gannon and Giga bowser. The heroes defeat them. Followed by a fight with Master hand who has used the energy source to summon crazy hand to help him. The robot eventually goes crazy during eggman's repairs after its initial defeat. Everyone has to team up to stop it. The final bout would pay some fan servie to the Mario and Sonic fans as the two would have to team up and go into supercharged forms to fight the robot.

Basically the story mode whould be more varied and have more boss fights.

Classic mode, touch the platfrom and race to the finish would return. All star would once again end with fighting forty Mr. Game and Watch. You would fight the fighting team before facing off with Masterhand again. Score will once again be brought back.

Training mode will now give you more options. You can set the computer to do specific action such as specific attacks. This way you can test thoroughly individual moves and tactics.

I was thinking that Smash balls would be turned into specials. You would build up your special meter based on rewards for certain actions. Teching the ground, wall teching, meteor cancelling, power sheilding, spot dodging an attack. Maybe makes this feature able to be turned off. I think it would add a different dimension to the game. You could no longer spam because your opponent could build up their special. You would have to play a more cautious and less noobish game.

As far as the physics go, I would like to have the game in between Melee and Brawl. Faster than brawl but not as fast as Melee. Not as floaty as brawl either.

Random tripping would be taken out but forcing your opponent to trip by using something like your down tilts will stay in and so will footstool jumps.

I figure the game will be called Super Smash brothers Royale.
yeah royale, showdown, final battle, somthing like that

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur is shaking its vines at you.
Exactly. Ivysaur wouldn't be able to perform standard actions like a third jump or a grab without his vines. I'd say those little tentacles are a "personified" part of him (yes it's a long stretch...)

I knew someone would bring him up, he seemed to be the Achilles’ heel in my argument. :dizzy:

Edit: Sorry to disappoint you guys, but we don't have any info about G&S remakes yet; there just a pipedream. :urg:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Exactly. Ivysaur wouldn't be able to perform standard actions like a third jump or a grab without his vines. I'd say those little tentacles are a "personified" part of him (yes it's a long stretch...)

I knew someone would bring him up, he seemed to be the Achilles’ heel in my argument. :dizzy:

Edit: Sorry to disappoint you guys, but we don't have any info about G&S remakes yet; there just a pipedream. :urg:
Aww man, I want to play a redone version of them. :ohwell:

Samurai_Sushi

Smash Rookie
Hope this doesn't look like a wall of text.

-Black Shadow
-Mewtwo's Return
-Hopefully a cool new gen poster boy for pokemon (not dissing Lucario or anything)
-New Pokemon trainer to rep 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations. Methinks Bulbasaur, Feraligatr, and Combuskan (sp)
-Skull Kid/Majora's Wrath (Latter would be believable at around Gannies side, IMO N64 was Zelda's golden age and deserves a good rep.)
-If any more 3rd parties, then Grey Fox and Tails
-Viewtiful Joe
-Amaterasu
-Phoenix Wright for lulz
-Isaac since he sounds cool and his music is cool
-Tough choice between Sylux and Ridley. As much as I love Ridley, It might ruin his character if he was scaled down do to bowser size. Bowser has his goofy moments, and if I'm correct Ridley never has any moments like that. I don't think Sylux is very well known by fans that aren't so hard core, but from what my Metroid nerd friend had told me he is pretty awsome..
-Some Advanced Wars characters, mabye Andy for the originals and Lynn (Days of Ruin) since everyone wants more females.
-New Mario rep, probobly Bowser Jr. since he has become extremely common in almost every new game. I'm probobly the only one who has a soft spot for Petey.
-No new Kirby Reps
-No new Fox Reps, possibly replace Falco for Krystal to shut the fans up, but I think that after two Smash appearances, Falco deserves to stay, even if he is a d!ck.
-No new Yoshi reps, to close to mario IMO.
-No clue about Wario Ware reps, if Waluigi joins his games he might have a chance. Luigi's evil twin needs a decent cameo in something other than a sports spinoff.
-No clue about FE
-No animal crosser, that would be worse than Jiggs
-No Miis, they only belong in sports spin offs
-No Tingle..... god forbid they add tingle as a fourth Zelda
-No Shadow, never liked him, but that's not a really good arguement.
-And lastley no Geno, sorry but I can't see what's so good about him. One game, one Cameo, legal issues, pretty much none of Nintendo's current targetted audience knows about him. But then again, I sadly have never played the game so I never experienced how supposedly awsome all the bandwaggon people make him out to be.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Hope this doesn't look like a wall of text.

-Black Shadow
-Mewtwo's Return
-Hopefully a cool new gen poster boy for pokemon (not dissing Lucario or anything)
-New Pokemon trainer to rep 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations. Methinks Bulbasaur, Feraligatr, and Combuskan (sp)
-Skull Kid/Majora's Wrath (Latter would be believable at around Gannies side, IMO N64 was Zelda's golden age and deserves a good rep.)
-If any more 3rd parties, then Grey Fox and Tails
-Viewtiful Joe
-Amaterasu
-Phoenix Wright for lulz
-Isaac since he sounds cool and his music is cool
-Tough choice between Sylux and Ridley. As much as I love Ridley, It might ruin his character if he was scaled down do to bowser size. Bowser has his goofy moments, and if I'm correct Ridley never has any moments like that. I don't think Sylux is very well known by fans that aren't so hard core, but from what my Metroid nerd friend had told me he is pretty awsome..
-Some Advanced Wars characters, mabye Andy for the originals and Lynn (Days of Ruin) since everyone wants more females.
-New Mario rep, probobly Bowser Jr. since he has become extremely common in almost every new game. I'm probobly the only one who has a soft spot for Petey.
-No new Kirby Reps
-No new Fox Reps, possibly replace Falco for Krystal to shut the fans up, but I think that after two Smash appearances, Falco deserves to stay, even if he is a d!ck.
-No new Yoshi reps, to close to mario IMO.
-No clue about Wario Ware reps, if Waluigi joins his games he might have a chance. Luigi's evil twin needs a decent cameo in something other than a sports spinoff.
-No clue about FE
-No animal crosser, that would be worse than Jiggs
-No Miis, they only belong in sports spin offs
-No Tingle..... god forbid they add tingle as a fourth Zelda
-No Shadow, never liked him, but that's not a really good arguement.
-And lastley no Geno, sorry but I can't see what's so good about him. One game, one Cameo, legal issues, pretty much none of Nintendo's current targetted audience knows about him. But then again, I sadly have never played the game so I never experienced how supposedly awsome all the bandwaggon people make him out to be.
This one seems pretty solid except for some of the no's.

Star Fox could use another rep and Krystal has a lot of unique potential that none of the others have.

Kirby has several characters (namely Biospark, Knuckle Joe, and Sword Knight & Blade Knight) that have a lot of promise.

Also, I agree with Ridley not being compatable as a character. Sylux would be great, but I like all the opposing hunters (especially Noxus and Weavel) and hope that they all get representation. Metroid is a very large franchise and that many reps wouldn't be uncalled for.

And don't you think a female PT with Piplup, Bayleef, and Blaziken would be better than one with Bulbasaur, Combusken, and Feraligator?

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Characters:
  • Lyn (Fire Emblem)
    Been vouching for this since brawl was announced. Screw Ike, he's from the worst games in the history of Fire Emblem.
    -Final Smash:
    Think along the lines of what her assist trophy did.

• Toon Zelda/Tetra (Legend of Zelda)
    This really needed to happen. I'm not a huge fan of clones, but... christ, you can't give me toon link and deny a t-zelda/tetra counterpart.
    -Final Smash:
    Think along the lines of the "bombings" on the pirate ship level.

• Geno (Super Mario RPG)
    A lost and forgotten character from a game made entirely of epic win. Where did he go?
    -Final Smash:
    Geno Whirl. Yeah. That **** does 9999 damage.

Maybe?:
  • Tails/Knuckles / Shadow
    Popular, yes, but I wouldn't be crushed if none of these show their face. Sonic is enough.

• Animal Crossing Human
    I'll kick your *** with a shovel.
    The only course without a home character in brawl. What the hell. It's a great idea to begin with. Fishing pole for grabs/tether recovery... think about it.

• Megaman
    I've never played a megaman game, but I've heard of him. Grounds for a smasher? Yes.

Existing Character Changes:
  • Pit
    Play Kid Icarus and tell me 'disincluding fire arrows was a good idea' with a straight face. For his final smash, I want to see fewer centurions, fire arrows and the magic wand of invincibility (temporarily).

• Diddy Kong
    Partner him with Dixie Kong, DKC2 style. Downb-switch between the two or something.

• Kirby
    Ability to turn a copy ability into a fighting partner, Kirby Super Star style.

Remove:
  • Lucas
    He's as important to Nintendo's history as Roy.
  • R.O.B.
    I didn't want to see him in Mario Kart DS and I sure as hell don't want to see the ******* again. He had TWO GAMES. See Lucas.

Misc. Character Related:
  • Rather than clones, have awesome alternate costumes, I.E. Doctor Mario outfit for Mario. This was more an issue in melee, but I would love to see alternate/retro graphic style outfits for the different characters.
Stages

Add:
  • Hyrule Castle, N64
    PLEASE.
  • Saffron City, N64
    THANK YOU.
  • Peach's Castle, N64
    Though the bumper was annoying.
  • Venom, GCN
    A scrapped favorite
  • Great Bay, GCN
    See above.

Remove:
  • Yoshi's Island
    Worst. Stage. Ever. I hate this course with a burning passion.
  • Onett
    I hated this course a lot more in brawl for some reason.
  • New Pork City
    Second worst stage ever. (I swear I have nothing against Earthbound)
  • Rainbow Cruise
    Competitive or not, this stage is fail.
  • Rumble Falls
    Does anyone actually like "moving" courses?
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
    Same as above. A bit more tolerable, but... no.
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
    If it wasn't for the "electric" arena this one would be fine
  • Green Hill Zone
    I hate this stage.

Stage Ideas:
  • Sky Sanctuary (Sonic The Hedgehog 3/ Sonic&Knuckles)
Item Ideas:
  • Angel Feather (Kid Icarus)
    Effects: Doesn't need to be carried, passively "worn". If the holder hits a deathline on the BOTTOM of the course, holder gets the equivalent of Pit's Wings of Icarus to return to the stage with.

• Vulnary (Fire Emblem)
    Effects: A three-use item that recovers quite a chunk each use. Has a cooldown time before each use. A "fight over" heal item.

Misc. Ideas
  • Stage Effect Toggle
    Removes random event objects from courses. I.E, @ Mario circuit, removes the cars. Perfect for tourney ***s.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I think a PT with Treecko, Quilava, and maybe Swampert.
idk about Swampert. But definately Tree and Quil. :D

Spire

III
BRoomer
-I'm probobly the only one who has a soft spot for Petey.
I'm completely with you about Skull Kid, and Petey (big fan, but not many of us are).

And don't you think a female PT with Piplup, Bayleef, and Blaziken would be better than one with Bulbasaur, Combusken, and Feraligator?
Why make the fire the large again? I'm thinking that if they add another Pokemon Trainer, they should have starters from the latest generation at the time that the game is made. Water = 3rd stage, Fire = 2nd Stage, and Grass = 1st stage.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Characters:
    This really needed to happen. I'm not a huge fan of clones, but... christ, you can't give me toon link and deny a t-zelda/tetra counterpart.
    -Final Smash:

• wow! I I would like to see this happen, having a Toon Zelda would be awesome IMO

[*]Geno (Super Mario RPG)
    A lost and forgotten character from a game made entirely of epic win. Where did he go?
    -Final Smash:
hmm... undeniably Super Mario RPG was one of the best games of it's time but I'm not a real big fan of Geno, plus what if another creator besides Sakurai doesn't include 3rd party characters? then what?

Maybe?:
    Popular, yes, but I wouldn't be crushed if none of these show their face. Sonic is enough.

• Knuckles yes, Tauils and Shadow hell no especially Shadow since he would probably end up as a clone but I could see Knuckles doing his Emerald smash

[*]Animal Crossing Human
    The only course without a home character in brawl. What the hell. It's a great idea to begin with. Fishing pole for grabs/tether recovery... think about it.
    well I'd have to say, NO, NO, and you guessed it NO!!

[*]Megaman
    I've never played a megaman game, but I've heard of him. Grounds for a smasher? Yes.
HELL YEA, he should have been in brawl though, but one can have hopes of him being in the next one!

[*]Diddy Kong
Partner him with Dixie Kong, DKC style. Downb-switch between the two or something.
[/list]
I don't totally agree with this, but it would be intersting to see how they would work as a team

Remove:
  • Lucas

• agreed!!!

Misc. Character Related:
    • Rather than clones, have awesome alternate costumes, I.E. Doctor Mario outfit for Mario. This was more an issue in melee, but I would love to see alternate/retro graphic style outfits for the different characters.

• yes this is exactly what i've had in mind, like Dr. Mario for Mario, Shadow for Sonic, Dark Samus for Samus

Stages

Add:
    • Hyrule Castle, N64
      PLEASE.
    • Saffron City, N64
      THANK YOU.
    • Peach's Castle, N64
    • Venom, GCN
      A scrapped favorite
    • Great Bay, GCN
      See above.
    I totally agree with you on bringing back Saffron City, Venom, and Hyrule Temple, but I wouldn't real wanna see, (or care) about the others

Remove:
    • Yoshi's Island
    • Onett
    • New Pork City
    • Rainbow Cruise
    • Rumble Falls
    • Mushroomy Kingdom
    • Pokemon Stadium 2
    • Green Hill Zone
      I hate this stage.
    I agree with most of this except for Green Hill Zone and Mushroom Kingdom which I actually like

Misc. Ideas
    • Stage Effect Toggle
      Removes random event objects from courses. I.E, @ Mario circuit, removes the cars. Perfect for tourney ***s.
    hell yea this would be awesome removing stage hazards would definetly make more of these stages tourney legal, plus more difficult for n00bs to try to get a fluke KO

Krakatoa

Smash Cadet
I think a PT with Treecko, Quilava, and maybe Swampert.
idk about Swampert. But definately Tree and Quil. :D
or three initial stages, I would like mudkip chikorita and charmander...but mudkip it's not gonna happen, and that in the course of the battle they evolve if they defeat somebody

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Remove:
  • Lucas

• Wow that is quite a statement to say that Lucas should be cut :)

I think it'd be ok to cut Lucas because his game MOTHER 3 is only available for Japan only and not America. But by that logic through, Takamaru or Sukapon or DeMille would have no chance in SSB4 because they're Japan only characters :(

Not only that, then Ness will be all alone as the sole Earthbound rep. I'd only like it Lucas were to be cut if they were gonna give SSB4 like 15-20 new great characters including Krystal, Isaac, Micaiah, K Rool, Geno, Megaman etc. But if SSB4 isn't gonna have a good amount of good characters to "make up" for Lucas then I think it's better he stay.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Characters:
  • Lyn (Fire Emblem)
    Been vouching for this since brawl was announced. Screw Ike, he's from the worst games in the history of Fire Emblem.
    -Final Smash:
    Think along the lines of what her assist trophy did.

-Final Smash:

• Geno (Super Mario RPG)
    -Final Smash:

Maybe?:

• Animal Crossing Human

• Megaman

Existing Character Changes:
  • Pit
    Play Kid Icarus and tell me 'disincluding fire arrows was a good idea' with a straight face. For his final smash, I want to see fewer centurions, fire arrows and the magic wand of invincibility (temporarily).

• Diddy Kong
    Partner him with Dixie Kong, DKC2 style. Downb-switch between the two or something.

• Kirby
    Ability to turn a copy ability into a fighting partner, Kirby Super Star style.

Remove:
  • Lucas
  • R.O.B.
    I didn't want to see him in Mario Kart DS and I sure as hell don't want to see the ******* again. He had TWO GAMES. See Lucas.

Misc. Character Related:
Stages

Add:
  • Hyrule Castle, N64
    PLEASE.
  • Saffron City, N64
    THANK YOU.
  • Peach's Castle, N64
  • Venom, GCN
    A scrapped favorite
  • Great Bay, GCN
    See above.

Remove:
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Onett
  • New Pork City
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Rumble Falls
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Green Hill Zone
    I hate this stage.

Stage Ideas:
  • Sky Sanctuary (Sonic The Hedgehog 3/ Sonic&Knuckles)
Item Ideas:
  • Angel Feather (Kid Icarus)
    Effects: Doesn't need to be carried, passively "worn". If the holder hits a deathline on the BOTTOM of the course, holder gets the equivalent of Pit's Wings of Icarus to return to the stage with.

• Vulnary (Fire Emblem)
    Effects: A three-use item that recovers quite a chunk each use. Has a cooldown time before each use. A "fight over" heal item.

Misc. Ideas
  • Stage Effect Toggle
This is full of both idiocy and good ideas. Mostly idiocy.

Starting with your first suggestion...

Ike is from the worst games in Fire Emblem history? Since when? Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance had one of the strongest storylines and was one of the BEST games in Fire Emblem history (and Gamespot's professional critics will agree with me). Now I will agree that the sequal, Radiant Dawn sucked ***, but guess what, Ike is not the main lord of Radiant Dawn, Micaiah is.

Lyn does deserve to be in but not as Ike's replacement. Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's largest and greatest franchises and doesn't deserve to be limited to 2-3 reps.

And REMOVE LUCAS!?!? This combined with your first suggestion makes me think that you were high when you typed this up. Lucas is just as deserving as Ness. If anything, Earthbound needs a 3rd rep... Paula.

Your kirby suggestion was also stupid. That could be very broken on a character that is well balanced as he is.

Pit's final smash suggestion was the next dumb idea in this post. Its fine as is.

Finally the stage removal... that was ********. No stage should ever be removed no matter how bad it is. Stages can be disabled and you don't have to use them.

What I did like:

Vulnerary... why didn't I think about it. I would suggest a change however. 3 uses. 10% each, to be true to FE. A use would happen every 10 seconds.

Stage Hazard Toggle. Great idea. Make it individual and it would be even better.

Diddy and Dixie combo. Just make banana throw his Side B, remove his face ****** move, and make Dixie Kong his Down B.

Megaman. Though this is such a huge bandwagon its nothing new.

Adding old stages. Truthfully ALL old stages should be re-added and with a graphics improvement to make them feel as great as some of the new stages.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm still back on the Pokemon thing.

I think we should have a PT with Metapod, Kakuna, and Magikarp. Yep.

But seriously, when including a triple combination of Pokemon, I think it would be best to stick to first- and second-generation Pokemon. After that, the Pokemon just aren't as widely known or recognized. Yeah, I know, the "hardcore Pokemon community" is in love with their fourth-generation guys, but some of us aren't so much. I own Blue, Gold, and Sapphire, and I loved them all, but I still get nostalgic thinking about my favorites from Blue, something that doesn't happen so much as I get thinking about later versions. Just about all of my real favorites come from the first- or second-generation sets.

So, with that said, I think a second PT should break from the Fire-Water-Grass triangle. You know, there's another triangle we could use for a rival trainer, the Fighting-Psychic-Dark one. Something could be done with that. Or a female trainer (which I'm in support of) could have Pokemon that roughly correlate to the PT we already have. Sandshrew, Nidorina (not sure, though, without the vines), and Butterfree could work pretty well.

As far as individual Pokemon, I think we're pretty well-off. And as much as a lot of people would like to see Mewtwo back, I've found that I don't really miss him all that much. Lucario's a lot better, anyway. Mewtwo was seriously nerfed. It's kind of like the idea to put Ridley in. It's an insult to his real power and potential to reduce him to a playable character in Smash. Mewtwo should really be able to destroy everyone else without lifting a finger, yet he gets constantly beat on, because yeah, he kinda sucked in Melee.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's largest and greatest franchises and doesn't deserve to be limited to 2-3 reps.
Do what now? Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's least known franchises. Let's see what comes before it: Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Kirby... but really... Fire Emblem?

Alright, I'm still back on the Pokemon thing.

I think we should have a PT with Metapod, Kakuna, and Magikarp. Yep.

But seriously, when including a triple combination of Pokemon, I think it would be best to stick to first- and second-generation Pokemon. After that, the Pokemon just aren't as widely known or recognized. Yeah, I know, the "hardcore Pokemon community" is in love with their fourth-generation guys, but some of us aren't so much. I own Blue, Gold, and Sapphire, and I loved them all, but I still get nostalgic thinking about my favorites from Blue, something that doesn't happen so much as I get thinking about later versions. Just about all of my real favorites come from the first- or second-generation sets.

So, with that said, I think a second PT should break from the Fire-Water-Grass triangle. You know, there's another triangle we could use for a rival trainer, the Fighting-Psychic-Dark one. Something could be done with that. Or a female trainer (which I'm in support of) could have Pokemon that roughly correlate to the PT we already have. Sandshrew, Nidorina (not sure, though, without the vines), and Butterfree could work pretty well.

As far as individual Pokemon, I think we're pretty well-off. And as much as a lot of people would like to see Mewtwo back, I've found that I don't really miss him all that much. Lucario's a lot better, anyway. Mewtwo was seriously nerfed. It's kind of like the idea to put Ridley in. It's an insult to his real power and potential to reduce him to a playable character in Smash. Mewtwo should really be able to destroy everyone else without lifting a finger, yet he gets constantly beat on, because yeah, he kinda sucked in Melee.
I remember hearing the "Sandshrew, Nidorina, and Butterfree" idea a long time ago in this post. Now, what makes that combination even worth half-supporting? It's a bad combination with extremely non-iconic Pokemon (despite the originality in the three, for being the first of their "kind" due to their 1st gen origins). Don't get me wrong, I love the three, but they wouldn't work as Pokemon reps; as playable characters. However, the Fighting-Psychic-Dark combo is interesting, as it works similarly to the Fire-Grass-Water combo. Machop, Sneasel, and Alakazam would be awesome. Or Houndour, Hitmonlee, Gardevoir (or Gallade).

Now, for Mewtwo. You don't want him back because of how he played in Melee. Well... they could completely shift gears with his mechanics, rendering him entirely playable. He has already been in a Smash Bros game, so any "dumbing down and stripping of honor" has already been done, and I don't think it left a mark at all. Most people want him back because they love the character Mewtwo, not how he smashed in Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom