• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I really wanted to see Midna in the foruth one. Hopefully, they'll get here into another successful game before that one comes out. Also, get rid of tripping, have better hitstun, and make everyone have better adjustment when it comes to gravity and such. Characters that have float-like physics have a slow desend, but I don't want to see heavy characters like Bowser fall to the ground as fast as Kirby does.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
What I want:

characters:
Rayman
Krystal, no falco.
Mewtwo back.
Young link, not toon link, with FD mask FS.
Make wolf less of a clone.
Give ganondorf a sword or his trident thing, and some dark magic projectiles.
Better balance

1p:
more interesting scenarios for event matches
a story with branching paths.

Stages:
less gimmicks on the stages they provide.
stage builder with more versatility.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
What I want:

characters:
Rayman
Krystal, no falco.
Mewtwo back.
Better balance

1p:

Stages:
No comment on Rayman...
Krystal in place of Falco, fine.
Mewtwo was killed by Brawl. He isn't around anymore. Besides, he's three generations old - we don't need 3 first gen Pokemon! (Speaking of which, yay, you didn't remove Jigglypuff!)
TOON LINK! Younk Link is old and has been replaced by Toon Link.
Of course you should de-clone. Along with Ganondorf.
Better balance... That's pretty much a given, thanks.

More interesting event matches, 200 and 50 percent YES.
Story with branching paths, yes.

Liss gimmicks on gimmicky stages, I'd say leave them alone (for the pure casuals) and add more non-gimmicky stages.
Stage Builder with more versatility, no, I like the bad one. [/SARCASM]

Shuma: Down B. Up B. Side B. Even Neutral B, in a way.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
but...Why the hell would you want Snake & Sonic over an Animal crossing character? just NO!, NO!!, & NO!!!! do you wanna remove them just because there 3rd party? I don't think so
And so, everyone forgot that Smash Bros was a Nintendo fighting game.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I had a strange idea along the lines of Street Fighter 3 and Guilty Gear...an all-purpose meter for doing certain special techniques.

Turn the L button into a Tech button of some sort. This button will allow you to do a few ATs at the cost of the aforementioned special meter (which refills as you deal damage). My ideas...

- Tech Dash - tap forward or backward while holding L. Moves exactly like a wavedash but the meter prevent spamming. Ease of use makes it iffy since it'll take somewhat less skill to use it. My suggestion is to disallow shielding, dodging, jumping and grabbing during a Tech Dash to increase the risk of using it and to encourage smart usage of the move.

- Tech Shield - Press L while shielding or dodging to perform a parry-type move. If it misses, you're left open briefly. If you land the parry correctly, your opponent s left open long enough for a hard punishment.

- Tech Cancel - Press L with the right timing during a move to cancel the ending lag of any move. The amount of meter used depends on the move. Similar to GGXX's Roman Cancel.

- Aerial Cancel - Hit L as you land during an aerial to cancel the landing lag. Takes less meter than a Tech Cancel. Same as L-canceling in Melee.

- Final Smash - When the meter is 50% (or more, still deciding this) full, press L and B to perform the character's specialized Final Smash move. It's primary purpose is dealing large amounts of damage, though most FS's will KO at about 80-90% pre-attack (character dependent). The drawback is that they are no longer invincible nor unblockable (except for some possible grab-type FS's). However, there are ways to combo into these moves.

Of course, these are just ideas, wishful thinking and the like from someone who knows nothing about game design or crafting a fighting game engine. The idea of making ATs easy to perform migt not sit well with some since it does little to differentiate skilled players from lesser ones. However, it's all in the intelligent use of such techniques rather than the physical execution that I propose makes this system somewhat viable. Any ideas? Comments? Criticisms?

DQP

Smash Ace
add more metroid characters. we need to see more sylux, ridley, and dark samus, people
take out tripping
give smash balls the boot
improve wifi
give more stage-building options
put in the ability to use your own music from your SD card
krystal in, falco out
more 3rd party chars, such as viewtiful joe, megaman, and geno
make saki amamiya and lyn characters
and lastly, make it for nintendo's next console after the wii, which will be called the Ultra Nintendo

Ilex

Smash Ace
Wouldn't Gooey be sweet as a 4th Kirby rep? Here's a moveset I thought up:

UpSmash: Umbrella
- Gooey strikes an umbrella upwards and then opens it.
FSmash: Broom
- Gooey swings his broom forward
DSmash: Spike
- Gooey's body gets covered in spikes, damaging those on either side

B: Cutter
- Gooey fires a slow moving, crescent shaped projectile
ForwardB: Lightning
- Gooey's body is iluminatd with electricity, zapping anyone who touches him
UpB: Fire
-Gooey fires upwards a short ways in a small fire burst.
DownB: Lick
-This is where it gets interesting. If you've played Kirby's Dream Land 3, you know that Gooey can lick an enemy up to get their ability like Kirby. In SSB4, he should lick them up and attain their DownB move, just like how Kirby get the opponents B move.
But as we know, certain characters like Zelda and PT don't have attacks for their DownB, so this is where it differs from Kirby. When Gooey licks up an opponent, his stats get altered to become more like the character he licked up. For example, if Gooey has a weight of 14 (These are purely hypothetical numbers) and Bowser has a weight of 26, then the resulting weight of Gooey after he has attained Bowser's abilties is about 20. So when Gooey uses Zelda's DownB, he would get Sheik's headwear and would become faster with a faster falling speed. This way the DownB isn't useless. The only DownB I can think of that wouldn't work out is Olimar, but an exception can be made (Think of how they Kirby's Olimar neutral B is different from Olimar's).

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
What I want:

characters:
Rayman
Krystal, no falco.
Mewtwo back.
Give ganondorf a sword or his trident thing, and some dark magic projectiles.
Better balance

1p:

Stages:
So you want Young Link back, but you also support de-cloning?

What?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
The new generation sucks... That is why it doesn't get noticed. Most of its Poke'mon look like an 8-year-olds doodles (with the exception of epic starters and legendaries, which every generation has).

The first generation on the other hand wasn't out of ideas and had a great set of Poke'mon. How many people actually know who Lucario is... I don't. Mew and Mewtwo are famous because they made an impact on the series.
I've heard this somewhere before....

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=263

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
So you want Young Link back, but you also support de-cloning?

What?
Young Link could return but needs a Mask based Transformation moveset. His Final Smash would be the Oni Link from the end of Majora's mask.

He would either transform into different forms based on which special he did or instantly change into the character for a single move. Like this...

Side Special: Goron Link
Nuetral Special: Deku Link
Down Special- Zora Link
Up Special- Bunny Ears Jump (it increased his jump in Majora's Mask)

Goron Link- Strong but Slow can take a beating.
Nuetral Special- Bolder Toss
Side Special: Goron Roll
Up Special: Rising Roll
Down Special: Remove Mask

Deku Link: Quickm, good movement, but short reach and light
Nuetral Special: Bubble Shot
Side Special: Tornado Spin Attack (the spinning technique he did in MM)
Up Special: Flower Ejection (He bursts from a flower and floats back to the stage with two flower copters that only last a limited time)
Down Special: Remove Mask

Zora Link: Avaerage Speed, Great reach, fights with the blades on its arms, cannot drown.
Nuetral Special: Water Pulse (chargable)
Side Special: Arm Blade Boomerang
Up Special: Aqua Jet (similar to squirtle)
Down special: Remove Mask

Final Smash: Fierce Deity Link - Link Turns into this powerful form with the ability to throw energy with every sword slice, and increased abilities in every other category.

~Courage~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Courage808
What they should have

Things the next Super Smash Bros. game (if they make one) should have:

Characters:

- Character - Game - Reason

- Felix - Golden Sun 2: Lost Age - Golden Sun was one of Nintendo's best RPGs ever made. And Felix is just awesome! Why does Game & Watch (Even though he's good) get to be in the game and he doesn't?!

- Fierce Deity Link - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - The Fierce Deity Link was one of the kewlest characters in all of the Zelda series. He's never appeard in any of the other Zelda games, but so has Shiek. Why SHOULDN'T he be in the next game?

- Midna & Twilight Wolf Link - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - The game would explode of pure awesomeness if this were to happen but wouldn't it be worth it?

- Paper Mario - Paper Mario series - I think its such a good idea that it doesn't need an explanation. His Final Smash would be to summon all his friends from TYD and send out a team attack.

- Lloyed Irving - Tales of Symphonia - If you havn't played the game, do so now. Its one of the best games to have ever appeard on the Nintendo Game Cube. Ever.

- Knuckles the Echidna - The Sonic series - I consider Knuckles to be the kewlest character of the Sonic series. Shadow being the second, and Sonic being the third. Thats a good enough reason.

- Shadow the Headchog - The Sonic series - Read the top.

- Sam Raimi - Geist - In last months issue of Nintendo Power, the creator of the Smash Bros. series said that there wasn't much Nintendo heroes after Captain Olimar, so thats why he got to be in the game. But even though it wasn't Nintendo's best, it definetly wasn't the worst. He may not have been a favorite one, but ****it he's still one of Nintendo's heroes! I'm talking of the rated M GameCube game, Geist. It would have been really awesome to use Sam's newly aquired ghost powers to blast Mario in the face or float him back to the safty of the stage after getting knocked out, right?

- Dr. Eggman - The Sonic series - I don't feel like the game had enough villains. Sure, they had Bowzer, Dedede, Ganondorf, and even Ridley (Though he's not playable so he doesn't count) but c'mon!!! You've got a bunch of Nintendo heroes from dozens of Nintendo, and non Nintendo games and you've only got like 3 villains?!?!?!

- King K. Rool - Donkey Kong series - Like I said before, the game needs more villains!!! I wouldn't mind rushing somone as King K. Rool or throwing a pointy crown to somones face or somthing!

- Roy - Fire Emblem series - I didn't even use him in Melee all that much, but what about for the people that did?! C'mon Roy mains out there, Ike is a bad *** and Marth's speed is almost second to none but are they really enough to replace the original Phi3r?!

- Kyrstal - The Star Fox series - I was hoping for more Star Fox characters and I'm glad we got Wolf, but seriously, wouldn't Krystal have been a fine addition?

- The Black Knight - Fire Emblem: Path of Radience - More villains!!! (I didn't play this game but I'm pretty sure he's the main antagonist, right?)

Assist Trophies:

- Cuccoos - The Legend of Zelda series - Imagine ssummoning a Cuccoo you can pick up and jump with and it'll act almost like a parosol that you can float with... Now imagine chucking that cuccoo into an enemy attack and summoning a swarm of cuccos to attack that person!!! >:D A cucco that'll act the way the Unknown Pok'emon did in Melee except more... CHAOTIC!!!

- Wario Ware Game -Wario Ware Inc. series - You know how you go to that one Wario Ware level in Brawl and like some random mini-game occurs? It'd be cool if you could summon somthing like that on any level with the power of an assist trophy.

- Master/Crazy Hand - Super Smash Bros. series - If your character is getting pummled to death, wouldn't it be such a reliefe if you summoned Master/Crazy hand to punch, pound, slap, poke, etc. somone?

Items:

- Mega Mushroom - New Super Mario Bros. - You see where I'm going with this, right?

- NES - Nintendo Entertainment System - This would be a NES that, when you pick it up, your character turns into an 8-Bit version of his/herselfe! So you'll be just like Game & Watch! Nothing will really change except your attacks will become weak I geuss. I dunno what it would do, but sounds pretty kewl, right?

Extra Stuff:

- Catagory Option:
Catagorize your level selection, or item usege to fit a specific match and save it. For example, set up a catagory where you have no items, and can only choose certain stages for a tournament type match.

- Original Music:
Upload music into an SD Memory card and play your own songs while you play.

- Color Editer:
Edit the colors of your character! Edit the eye, skin, hair, cloths, wepon, etc. color!

- Costume Change:
You know how Wario gets two sets of costumes..? Why can't everyone have the same? I mean, you wouldn't even have to add some of the characters I mentiond! The only thing that would change would be the appearence and the name. The moves won't be altered at all. For example:
Mario's costume change would be Dr. Mario.
Sonic = Shadow.
Marth = Roy.
Link = Fierce Deity Link.
Toon Link = Young Link.
Peach = Daisy.
Diddy Kong = Dixie Kong.
Yoshi = Birdo.
Fox = Krystal.
Ike = The Black Knight.
Snake = Liquid Snake
Ganondorf = Ocarina of Time Ganondorf.
The list would go on!!!

Stages:

- King K. Rool's Ship - Donkey Kong Country:
If there are going to be more villains then they each need a stage! Remember in Donkey Kong Country, how when you faught King K. Rool you were on a big ship litterd with bananas? Well, if it were in the next Smash Bros. game, it would be filled with Kremlings in the backround watching the fight and throwing banana peels and ocasionally cannon balls will fall out of the sky like in the original game.

- Home Run Field - Super Smash Bros. series:
It'll be just like the Bridge of Eldin, except King Bulbin doesn't appear and blow it up every once in a while. A nice, large, flat field with a tiny platform to the far left and you're centerd in sort of the middle-ish area of the field. And occasionally a SandBag comes flying over head. Now you can also measure how far you fly certain oponents!

- Metal Gear Rex - Metal Gear Solid:
An epic battle held atop Metal Gear Rex, who'll ocasianally smite you from time to time. Could you really pass up the offer to do that just once?

Game Modes:

- Four Player Adventure Co-Op:
As the title implies, four players, adventure mode, co-op. You could just pick four Toon Links and turn it into somthing similar to Four Swords Adventures...

- Online Team Battle Mode:
Have a team of 4 players challenge another team consisting of 4 players as well. Screw epic battles, creat an epic WAR!!!!

- Super Smash Bros. Party:
Instead of Mario party games featuring only Mario characters, why don't they mix it up and add a bunch of Nintendo characters and things from their respective games? It could at least be like a mini game in the new Smash Bros.

- Team Stock:
Alright, imagine playing a 1 v 1 match. You get 5 stock lives. And each life is a different character. Would you put your best first? Or last?

- Stage Builder (Advanced):
The game would be kewler if we had better parts to build our stages. Like to be able to add water, or decorate the backround with stickers or somthing, maybe make a moving stage perhaps...

- Race to the Finish!:
I really wish they added more Race to the Finish levels in Brawl. And instead they remove it compleatly... It'd be kewl if they had the same thing but harder levels or somthing...

- Page Theme:
Pick a page theme for the game's main menue or choose wall paper or somthing. Like, if you're a fan of Zelda (Like myselfe) then maybe you can have like page themes for each character?? I dunno, somthing similar to the PSP's page theme. Where they have pictures and icons and stuff. That would be kewl.

- Online Smash Talk!:
Play online and be able to speak using a headset or somthing.

Well, I know that was a lot, but you must admit that there was at least ONE suggestion in that mess that you like!

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
That's an interesting concept. Why... it would just be... a blast! Well, seeing as how Mario Kart (the most successful Mario spin-off series) has a stage, perhaps Mario Party may receive one also. Odds are, it won't be an alternating stage, but probably one of the most iconic of stages in a Mario Party game. Unfortunately, every game features new, and different stages, so perhaps it'll be a remake of one from the first game.
Ah, I think I have a new, creative idea in reguards to that.

Mario Party Stage (Take 2)

Stage info:

The stage will be based off of the Adventure Pipe and playable stages available. The basic platform(s) will be in the Adventure Pipe itself, but after a while, it will shift its backround to that of a Mario Party stage (similar to Castle Seige). However, the platform(s) will not change (not like Castle Seige). With the change of scenery, the music will also change according to the specific stage (similar to that of Wario Ware Inc.'s music of the Wario Ware stage). After a certain time period, the stage will change back to the Adventure Pipe backround. (if this is the case, and there are no obsticals included in the stage, it may be the most popular tournament-legal stage :D)

Stage music:

Adventure Pipe: Adventure Pipe (original)
Adventure Pipe:
Party Mode Theme {Mario Party 6}
Adventure Pipe:
Party Cruise Theme {Mario Party 7}

Mario's Rainbow Castle: Mario's Rainbow Castle
Mario's Rainbow Castle:
Toad's Midway Madness (original)
Mario's Rainbow Castle:
Woody Woods

DK's Jungle Adventure: DK's Jungle Adventure (original)
DK's Jungle Adventure:
Shy Guy's Jungle Jam
DK's Jungle Adventure:
Pirate Land (original)

Peach's Birthday Cake: Peach's Birthday Cake
Peach's Birthday Cake:
Sweet Dream
Peach's Birthday Cake:
Koopa's Tycoon Town (original)

Yoshi's Tropical Island: Yoshi's Tropical Island (original)
Yoshi's Tropical Island:
Koopa's Seaside Soiree (original)
Yoshi's Tropical Island:
Grand Canal

Wario's Battle Canyon: Wario's Battle Canyon
Wario's Battle Canyon:
Mystery Land
Wario's Battle Canyon:
Creepy Cavern (original)

Luigi's Engine Room: Luigi's Engine Room
Luigi's Engine Room:
E. Gadd's Garage
Luigi's Engine Room:
Clockwork Castle (original)

I've thought about an unlockable portion to this stage. (imagine, an unlockable to a stage 0.o)

Bowser's Magma Mountain: Bowser's Magma Mountain
Bowser's Magma Mountain:
Bowser Nightmare (original)

Bowser's Magma Mountain:
King Boo's Haunted Hideaway

Eternal Star: Eternal Star (original)
Eternal Star:
Space Land

Eternal Star:
Deep Blooper Sea

Stage design is simple: (Y represents Mario)
______

_________Y_________

Make sure to send some of your opinions on both Mario Party stage ideas! ^^

Edit: Too lazy to find the original idea for the Mario Party stage? Here it is!

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
As far as new characters go (since everyone ignored my proposed game mechanics in my lasdt post), I don't think you need to add too many...

- Remove Lucario and readd Mewtwo. Lucario isn't as iconic and his moveset doesn't really differentiate him from what Mewtwo could've feasibly been. A mix of Luc's and Melee Mewtwo would be nice. Make him a bit heavier, too.

- Krystal from Star Fox to replace Falco, equipped with her Assault uniform and power staff. Good range, quick, but light and hard to KO with.

- King K. Rool, a somewhat unpredictable heavy type with a projectile (his Crown) and some moves that turn him into a living hitbox.

- Dixie Kong, similar to Diddy in terms of ground and air moves but uses her hair as a grapple, a helicopter and as a smash attack. Essentially a different take on Diddy but not a clone.

- A well-thought out and revamped Ganondorf. Either he uses sorcery or he;'s a swordsman. If he does use a sword, there might be some consideration toward removing Ike and replacing him with Lyn, who would function as a fast but weak sword user while Ganon takes over as the power swordsman.

- Knuckles, power and air prowess with decent recovery.

- Tails, somewhat weak but very quick in the air with fantastic recovery and decent range with his tails.

- Waluigi, who has a fighting style similar in philosophy to Wario...unpredictable and very strange. Great range with his legs but subpar recovery. Maybe uses golf clubs and tennis rackets?

- Samurai Goroh, to give F-Zero another rep. A heavy but quick sword user.

- Another Metroid rep. I would say Dark Samus, a space pirate, Rundus or Sylux would work well.

Just my opinion, but I think the following characters should be removed.
- Toon Link (just make Link quicker and give him some of TL's attributes)
- Pokemon Trainer (the idea was good but it doesn't seem to work too well in practice. Not entirely set of this, though. Maybe a different trio of Pokemon?)
- Falco (it would be difficult to completely declone him at this point, give Fox his blaster)
- Ness or Lucas (hard to choose between them. If they both must stay, I say you revamp Lucas's special moves to differentiate him more)
- Ike (only if Ganon becomes a power sword user. There's no use in having more than one character of that type around.)
- Snake (he feels out of place in the game and it seems like HAL didn't really put a lot of thought into balancing his moveset. Either revamp him to be more balanced without completely neutering him or get rid of him)
- Lucario (I personally would rather see Mewtwo return with improvements)

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
^ I agree with all except taking out Falco, Ness and Toon link. Ness is one of the original 12 man.
I really dont wanna take out Ness but it seems dumb to have two PSI kids with similar B moves in the game. I think their standard moves are different enough. I would rather see Lucas's B moves changed since Ness had claim to them first.

I really want to see the next SSB have few to no clones. I can handle Luigi and Mario but it shouldn't go beyond that. The Mario Bros. are like the Ken and Ryu of SSB except Luigi is more like Dan. Maybe make Luigi less goofy and more serious (just not too much since it IS Luigi).

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
No Masterchief. Why? Because he's not even third party, for crying out loud! Sonic and Snake both had appearances on Nintendo systems, but Masterchief was Xbox all the way. Why on earth would anybody even consider his "third-party" inclusion? Not to mention he would really do much of anything except shoot stuff. Seriously. What does MC do? He fires guns. That's freaking it. Not a Brawler.

D

Deleted member

What I'd want? Hmmm...

...But that ain't gonna happen. So...

Characters:
  • Tails
  • Knuckles
  • Shadow
  • Bowser, Jr.
  • Rundus
  • Krystal
  • Ray Mk II
  • Lil' Mac
  • Dixie Kong
  • King K.Rool
  • Ridley

Stages:
  • Good Egg Galaxy
  • Bowser's Castle
  • Subspace
  • Gangplank Galleon
  • Cave of Origins
  • Angel Island

Songs:
  • Good Egg Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy)
  • Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart Wii)
  • Tabuu Battle (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
  • Bryyo--Cliffside (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
  • Feline Frenzy/Canine Craze (WarioWare: Smooth Moves)
  • His World (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  • Marble Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  • Ocean Palace (Sonic Heroes)

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
As far as new characters go (since everyone ignored my proposed game mechanics in my lasdt post), I don't think you need to add too many...

- Remove Lucario and readd Mewtwo. Lucario isn't as iconic and his moveset doesn't really differentiate him from what Mewtwo could've feasibly been. A mix of Luc's and Melee Mewtwo would be nice. Make him a bit heavier, too.

- Krystal from Star Fox to replace Falco, equipped with her Assault uniform and power staff. Good range, quick, but light and hard to KO with.

- King K. Rool, a somewhat unpredictable heavy type with a projectile (his Crown) and some moves that turn him into a living hitbox.

- Dixie Kong, similar to Diddy in terms of ground and air moves but uses her hair as a grapple, a helicopter and as a smash attack. Essentially a different take on Diddy but not a clone.

- A well-thought out and revamped Ganondorf. Either he uses sorcery or he;'s a swordsman. If he does use a sword, there might be some consideration toward removing Ike and replacing him with Lyn, who would function as a fast but weak sword user while Ganon takes over as the power swordsman.

- Knuckles, power and air prowess with decent recovery.

- Tails, somewhat weak but very quick in the air with fantastic recovery and decent range with his tails.

- Waluigi, who has a fighting style similar in philosophy to Wario...unpredictable and very strange. Great range with his legs but subpar recovery. Maybe uses golf clubs and tennis rackets?

- Samurai Goroh, to give F-Zero another rep. A heavy but quick sword user.

- Another Metroid rep. I would say Dark Samus, a space pirate, Rundus or Sylux would work well.

Just my opinion, but I think the following characters should be removed.
- Toon Link (just make Link quicker and give him some of TL's attributes)
- Pokemon Trainer (the idea was good but it doesn't seem to work too well in practice. Not entirely set of this, though. Maybe a different trio of Pokemon?)
- Falco (it would be difficult to completely declone him at this point, give Fox his blaster)
- Ness or Lucas (hard to choose between them. If they both must stay, I say you revamp Lucas's special moves to differentiate him more)
- Ike (only if Ganon becomes a power sword user. There's no use in having more than one character of that type around.)
- Snake (he feels out of place in the game and it seems like HAL didn't really put a lot of thought into balancing his moveset. Either revamp him to be more balanced without completely neutering him or get rid of him)
- Lucario (I personally would rather see Mewtwo return with improvements)
LOLOLOL, hold on a sec. I bolded those two specifically. So...let me get this straight.

You want to get rid of Lucario because he isn't as "iconic" as Mewtwo, yet you wish to replace Falco with Krystal? How much sense does that make?

Lucario shouldn't be replaced by Mewtwo. Are you telling me that we should have six first gen characters representing all four generations of Pokemon as playable characters? Assuming there's seven years of Brawl until the next Smash, you'll want Mewtwo...AGAIN? Over the other new Pokemon that will undoubtedly come along? Come on, grow with the times. Mewtwo is no longer the most powerful Pokemon. Mewtwo is no longer the only evil Pokemon. He's not as iconic as he was before, and he's not as popular as you think he is. End of story.

Now, going onto the rest of the points I care about, Toon Link shouldn't be removed, especially if he continues to be the face of young Links in the Zelda series. In fact, he's more popular than Twilight Princess Link, with Phantom Hourglass absolutely destroying Twilight Princess sales in Japan.

Pokemon Trainer is fine, and he's actually iconic. More than Mewtwo, at any rate.

Getting rid of Ness and Lucas, is once again, a stupid move. The Mother series is over. Lucas is the last main character, and Ness has been here since SSB64. Both of them will stay.

Ike is popular in Japan and North America. North Americans actually KNOW Ike, as they played his game. I don't think he'll be going anywhere, in addition to him being a Lord in two games.

And that's about it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
LOLOLOL, hold on a sec. I bolded those two specifically. So...let me get this straight.

You want to get rid of Lucario because he isn't as "iconic" as Mewtwo, yet you wish to replace Falco with Krystal? How much sense does that make?

Lucario shouldn't be replaced by Mewtwo. Are you telling me that we should have six first gen characters representing all four generations of Pokemon as playable characters? Assuming there's seven years of Brawl until the next Smash, you'll want Mewtwo...AGAIN? Over the other new Pokemon that will undoubtedly come along? Come on, grow with the times. Mewtwo is no longer the most powerful Pokemon. Mewtwo is no longer the only evil Pokemon. He's not as iconic as he was before, and he's not as popular as you think he is. End of story.

Now, going onto the rest of the points I care about, Toon Link shouldn't be removed, especially if he continues to be the face of young Links in the Zelda series. In fact, he's more popular than Twilight Princess Link, with Phantom Hourglass absolutely destroying Twilight Princess sales in Japan.

Pokemon Trainer is fine, and he's actually iconic. More than Mewtwo, at any rate.

Getting rid of Ness and Lucas, is once again, a stupid move. The Mother series is over. Lucas is the last main character, and Ness has been here since SSB64. Both of them will stay.

Ike is popular in Japan and North America. North Americans actually KNOW Ike, as they played his game. I don't think he'll be going anywhere, in addition to him being a Lord in two games.

And that's about it.
Meh.

I say that we make Lucario how he's supposed to be -- a fast character. He was made fast in the anime and stuff, and I think he was fast in the games, so maybe he could be the 'fast' psychic Pokemon.

At any rate, either make Lucario fast and add Mewtwo in or just keep Lucario by himself.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Well, I already posted my roster.. and no one commented on it. I have no life, so I've been working on a sequal, drawing pictures of all the characters and making movesets for newcomers and crap like that. I have an entire book of characters.. I'm almost done. I've made a full story but not written out all of it yet, just a simple outline but I'm not finished yet. I doubt anyone really cares but whatever, I'll post my favorite part of it.

(sorry, I only have a digital camera to take pictures..)
Tetra from Windwaker, redesigned to match the Twilight Princess style of graphics and be a third version of Zelda selectable on the character screen. (Yeah, as if Sheik wasn't enough) She's a relatively average character I suppose. Somewhere between Zelda and Sheik? I have her as being fully balanced and whatnot. I have a full moveset written out for her.. maybe not really as detailed as some movesets posted here but still, a moveset. Doubt anyone'd ask for it as I doubt anyones gonna read this but whatever. Sorry, I'm really negative, apparently. lol
So, she uses some of Link's objects and her things to attack: grappling hook, skull hammer, bomb arrows, lantern, sail.... Yeah she's my favorite.

Oh, and I took out Toon Link on my roster for her, as I think she's a better representation of Windwaker.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, I already posted my roster.. and no one commented on it.
Ok, here are my thoughts
I think a good roster would be:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina
DK, Diddy, Wario, Yoshi
Link, Zelda/Sheik/Tetra, Ganondorf, Midna, Fierce Deity
Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal
Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ridley
Captain Falcon
Ness, Lucas, Claus
Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer [Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard], Pokemon Master [Jigglypuff/Lucario/Mewtwo], Darkrai
Marth, Sigurd, Ike, Micaiah
Pit, Ice Climbers, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Bubbles
Isaac, Chibi Robo, Olimar, K.K. Slider
Mr. Game & Watch, Skapon, R.O.B., Primid
Sonic, Snake
In other words, PASS

You pretty much threw Nintendo characters at it and said "done". This wouldn't make a very interesting roster. It just slaps on characters. Do I really want to play as Micaiah, Fierce Deity, Roselina or Darkria? Does anyone? You see, people wanted to see Ike. People wanted to see Lucas. Who cares about Claus. Only fanboys want Midna. No one wants to play as Chibi-Robo. No one.

In the same vein, you have to be careful about flooding, and that's what you did here. We don't need 4 FE characters. We don't need 3 Mother characters, especially when two are from the same game.

ALSO, you haven't thought how to make the characters interesting, or how they might play. Why do you have Zelda, Sheik and Tetra as one character. Why did you combine Mewtwo, Jiggly, and Lucario as one character. They worked alone and were designed to be that way. PKMN Trainer was designed to switch, so his pokemon are balanced, speed and power respectively. And how is a laid back musician like K.K. Slider suppose to fight?

You haven't thought about what people want to see. You just made your dream roster, and it's not very good. You need to A)Have characters people want to see or you like to play as and B)Make them interesting.

The one thing you did right that no one else did is you didn't throw a whole bunch of third party characters on there. One Sonic character is enough people.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Ok, here are my thoughts

In other words, PASS

You pretty much threw Nintendo characters at it and said "done". This wouldn't make a very interesting roster. It just slaps on characters. Do I really want to play as Micaiah, Fierce Deity, Roselina or Darkria? Does anyone? You see, people wanted to see Ike. People wanted to see Lucas. Who cares about Claus. Only fanboys want Midna. No one wants to play as Chibi-Robo. No one.

In the same vein, you have to be careful about flooding, and that's what you did here. We don't need 4 FE characters. We don't need 3 Mother characters, especially when two are from the same game.

ALSO, you haven't thought how to make the characters interesting, or how they might play. Why do you have Zelda, Sheik and Tetra as one character. Why did you combine Mewtwo, Jiggly, and Lucario as one character. They worked alone and were designed to be that way. PKMN Trainer was designed to switch, so his pokemon are balanced, speed and power respectively. And how is a laid back musician like K.K. Slider suppose to fight?

You haven't thought about what people want to see. You just made your dream roster, and it's not very good. You need to A)Have characters people want to see or you like to play as and B)Make them interesting.

The one thing you did right that no one else did is you didn't throw a whole bunch of third party characters on there. One Sonic character is enough people.
Although I don't really agree with the roster, there were a good amount of people who wanted Micaiah, Darkrai I'm not sure about, there were alot of people who wanted Midna in, Claus I know was a major part of M3, I don't think Mother needs more than 2 characters though. Even though there wern't a whole lot there were people who wanted Chibi-Robo in. I don't like him, but I'm not everybody.

I couldn't imagine Captain Falcon in a fighting game either, yet he was. ROB wouldn't be a character either, KK Slider could fight just like every other wierd choice, I don't think KK is a really good rep for AC but whatever. Most things of what you said I agree with though.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
i think they should change the physics. make online play amazing like the 360s. and this might sound stupid but maybe they could add travis touchdown from no more heroes. that game was awesome. although im not sure if he'd fit.

chili

Smash Cadet
It would be nice if they brought back Doc and Mewtwo. Pichu I can live without.

Bowser Jr. and Toad would be some nice additions as well, although then they'd have to find a new neutral B for Peach. :/

I would want them to get rid of tripping obviously. And to speed the game up a little. Brawl is a little too floaty for me.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Ok, here are my thoughts

In other words, PASS

Actually, to be honest, I did a lot of thinking about the characters to try to make the movesets I created for them interesting.. Well, I haven't finished yet, but still. For example, I have Rosalina fight completely indirectly, having a luma do all her fighting for her. And I have Tetra redesigned and redone (which I at least thought was really creative) Pokemon Master was honestly just an easy way to get more characters on the roster, and it fit well into the story I created. Stupid ideas, I'm aware. But.. I did put a lot of thought into it and I think people would find them fun to play as.

I think most of the best choices are already taken anyway. Ike, Lucas, Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, Meta Knight, Wolf, Lucario, Captain Olimar.... all the most popular ones are in. Kystal, Ridley, Isaac, Takamaru and Claus seem to be the best choices for characters that were left out. And as someone else said, Micaiah, Darkrai, Midna, etc did have considerable support. I only formed it with the current characters and honestly, in several years the roster I would make would be completely different. I'd probably have the most popular pokemon from the new generation and the current Fire Emblem lord and the stars of the new games. There's not a lot left to work with right now and my list is huge. Crap is to be expected.

Besides, did people really expect Pokemon Trainer to be the way he is or Zero Suit Samus as a playable character? or even R.O.B.? I guess I have a lot of funky characters on my list but there's not much left to work with, as I said.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Veggi said:
KK Slider could fight just like every other wierd choice, I don't think KK is a really good rep for AC but whatever.
Tom Nook for the win.

Also, Tetra is a horrible idea. Tingle's better.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^

I'm totally serious about that, actually. I think he's the perfect character for the job, since you can't really tell me that SSB4 won't have an AC fighter, especially after all the trophies, item, and even a stage rep'ing the series were included in Brawl.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
^^^

I'm totally serious about that, actually. I think he's the perfect character for the job, since you can't really tell me that SSB4 won't have an AC fighter, especially after all the trophies, item, and even a stage rep'ing the series were included in Brawl.
And all the music!

I had originally gone with Tom Nook but I'm not sure why I changed my mind. I wanted to draw K.K. Slider in my character book I guess. I think Tom Nook or the main Animal Crossing character will be playable in the next game.

And, yeah.. I disagree about Tetra, obviously. I won't even put reasons why because it honestly doesn't really matter, anyway. It's all opinion.

Veggi

Smash Champion
And all the music!

I had originally gone with Tom Nook but I'm not sure why I changed my mind. I wanted to draw K.K. Slider in my character book I guess. I think Tom Nook or the main Animal Crossing character will be playable in the next game.

And, yeah.. I disagree about Tetra, obviously. I won't even put reasons why because it honestly doesn't really matter, anyway. It's all opinion.

^^^

Tom Nook was the character I wanted to be in Brawl most, with all the tools and stuff there's so much moveset potential plus AC is a major franchise. I made a moveset for him a couple pages back. I don't want those generic characters in because they're dull and don't have as much of a story, plus making everyone pleased with it's looks would seem to be impossible, while Tom Nook has a set look with a couple of store costumes. Perfect in my opinion.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
And all the music!

Tom Nook for sure.

It'd be practically impossible to make a "Villager" that conforms to the ideas of every AC fan, even if only for the fact that you'd have to pick between a boy or a girl.

I might be okay with Tetra as a character (or an AT, better yet), I was really just referring to the idea of "TP-ifying" her, since she's an exclusively WindWaker character. At the most, they could make a Toon Zelda, and have Tetra be to Toon Zelda as Sheik is to Zelda...but that'd be pretty silly, considering the other things they'd need to fix in the Zelda roster first *coughganondorftinglevaaticough*.

Veggi said:
I made a moveset for him a couple pages back.
Repost it! I want to see how it matches up to my dream-set.

EDIT - Okay, seriously, I can't find the darn thing. What page is it on?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I think your Tom Nook movesets really good. I've never played Animal Crossing so I don't know what anything in that game is like. The special moves are really interesting.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Tom Nook for sure.

It'd be practically impossible to make a "Villager" that conforms to the ideas of every AC fan, even if only for the fact that you'd have to pick between a boy or a girl.

I might be okay with Tetra as a character (or an AT, better yet), I was really just referring to the idea of "TP-ifying" her, since she's an exclusively WindWaker character. At the most, they could make a Toon Zelda, and have Tetra be to Toon Zelda as Sheik is to Zelda...but that'd be pretty silly, considering the other things they'd need to fix in the Zelda roster first *coughganondorftinglevaaticough*.
Well, anything I say in response to that would be my own opinion on it. I personally think I'd like it better if all characters from one series matched up graphics-wise. It seems really odd to me playing all-star mode and Toon Link appears on the bridge of Eldin or Twilight Princess characters on the Pirate Ship.. I was just playing around one day and made a Twilight Princess design for Tetra and liked it and drew it a couple times so I thought it was an interesting idea.

Ganondorf really should be using his sword now. It's annoying that he doesn't. Give that stupid moveset to Black Shadow or something and make a new one or at least give him a few attacks with it or something...

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I grow sad with no comment on my Young Link moveset. Woe is me.

As for this kind of lame pokemon argument that's been going on. Mewtwo doesn't need to return. I'm much fine without him being some underpowered pile of crap. Lucario -is- the most popular pokemon of the newest generations, arguing otherwise is probably ignorance. Also, I don't feel we need anymore First OR fourth Gen Pokemon reps. If anything there would need to be a Second or Third gen rep if they were going to add a pokemon.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I grow sad with no comment on my Young Link moveset. Woe is me.

As for this kind of lame pokemon argument that's been going on. Mewtwo doesn't need to return. I'm much fine without him being some underpowered pile of crap. Lucario -is- the most popular pokemon of the newest generations, arguing otherwise is probably ignorance. Also, I don't feel we need anymore First OR first Gen Pokemon reps. If anything there would need to be a Second or Third gen rep if they were going to add a pokemon.
Gimme' a page number, and I'll get back to you on that.

I do think Mewtwo should be brought back. Tweaked/buffed/nerfed/whatever, but he should be back. He had an original moveset and is pretty iconic, but his spot was basically stolen by another character, which, to me, seems really unfair.

sheik93 said:
I personally think I'd like it better if all characters from one series matched up graphics-wise. It seems really odd to me playing all-star mode and Toon Link appears on the bridge of Eldin or Twilight Princess characters on the Pirate Ship.
Everyone in Brawl is imaged with the same style, but Toon Link just has funky proportions.

And if seeing Toon Link on Eldin weirds you out, then I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Snake and Ike invading Smashville.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
I do think Mewtwo should be brought back. Tweaked/buffed/nerfed/whatever, but he should be back. He had an original moveset and is pretty iconic, but his spot was basically stolen by another character, which, to me, seems really unfair.
Mewtwo isn't iconic anymore... When was his last movie? When was Lucario's last movie?
So what if he had an original moveset, anything can be given an original moveset.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Gimme' a page number, and I'll get back to you on that.

Page 57. Actually Mewtwo's moves were for the most part a collaboration of several other people's with tweaking. The most original part of his moveset was really his hypnosis imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom