• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Mewtwo By Rhubarbo:
^ Special Teleport: This is the same as in Melee, however, Mewtwo lets out a little burst of energy wherever he reforms.

>Special Psychic: Mewtwo puts his arms out then a field of energy is made. Anyone to enter that field of energy is affected by this attack. Mewtwo can move you around and throw you in any direction when you are cuaght. To move someone, simply tap the control stick. To throw someone, press A.

Neutral Special Hyper Beam: Mewtwo puts his arms in the pose that he used to make a Shadow Ball in Melee. Here he charges up a light beam. Release the attack to send a beam forwards. Mewtwo has to "recharge" after using the attack.

v Special Future Sight: Mewtwo starts to hold his temples. You now enter a mode where you tap b as many times as you want. The more times you tap b, the longer it will take for Future Sight to activate. Everytime you tap the button, an additional 3 seconds are added. You can tap it for as long as you wish, but the move will not take more than 30 seconds to activate.

Final Smash Shadow Ball: Mewtwo holds up a giant Shadow Ball above his head. It starts to grow and absorb foes that are in radius. After a set period of time Mewtwo releases it and sends out shock waves and deals massive damage to all that were sucked in.

> Smash Poison Jab: Mewtwo holds his fist behind him then punches a foe. If fully charged, the foe will have posisonous residue on them that deals damage. The attack however has shadowy effects.

v Smash Dream Eater: Large shadow jaws form in front of Mewtwo. Hold the attack longer for more chomps at the foe.

^ Smash Psycho Cut: A large sweeping "psychic" blade hits the foe.

^Tilt: Tail sweep
>Tilt: Iron Tail
v Tilt: Tail sweep

A combo: Holds both fists outwards towards the foe and sends out a dark burst, then another. After three, he starts making a shadow ball like move that sucks in the foe (much weaker than the regular Shadow Ball)

Dash Attack Toxic: Mewtwo sends out toxic shadowy waste (can not poison)

N-air Bulk Up: Mewtwo grows slightly and hits foes in his radius
F-air Shockwave: Shocks foe with electric shadow attack (can not paralyze)
B-air Double Team: An illusion of Mewtwo hits the foe behind him
U-air Stone Edge: A shadow-ish stone spire hits foes above Mewtwo
D-air Brick Break: A shadow-ish block appears under Mewtwo which he crushes with his mind (SPIKE)

Grab: Long ranged Psychic grab

Taunt One: Laughs maniacally
Taunt Two: Uses Taunt attack to make a hand that waves finger
Taunt Three: Uses the move Flash to make his body glow with light

Victory One: Laughs maniacally
Victory Two: Makes then breaks a Shadow Ball
Victory Three: Teleports into victory podium

Costume One: Cape from anime
Costume Two: Armor from movie
Costume Three: Scarf from Lucas (Pokemon DP)
Costume Four: Black Mewtwo with Orre Trainer's Snag Machine
Costume Five: White Mewtwo
Costume Six: Mewtwo with lab coat (Professor Oak's)
This is definatly a 'Make Your Move' worthy character moveset and extras.
Can't wait to see Kirby using Hyperbeam! (0.o)

KOS-MOS = no, she's worthless. She's not known to many people and has nothing to do with Nintendo.

I very much appreciate you posting him Tyfighter.
Not me, the credit goes to Overlord Crono. : )
(would like some feedback on the Mario Party stage {take 2}) : )

OverlordCrono

Smash Cadet
Long post warning!

That character Fulgore looks quite scary. I guess he possibly
could work but many people would say he looks too all serious like Snake does and thus doesn't fit in Brawl.
True, but yet, Snake is still in, and the majority of people are happy with him, even though he was "dumbed down" in terms of maturity (No usage of guns, etc.), and if they managed to pull that off so nicely with him, I don't see why the same can't be done with Fulgore.

Mega Man: Yes.
Ridley: I've said it a dozen times, he doesn't fit. And don't give me the "Snake is realistic too!", because Snake is a human. Ridley is a dragon thing with lasers.
Krystal: Yes.
King K. Rool: Yes. Yes.
Midna/Wolf Link: Too many Links - Midna/Wolf Link would make a good transformation for Link, like Sheik.
Ray MK II: ... Who? :embarrass
Isaac: Yes.
Roy: Why does he 'deserve to be back'?
Pokemon Rep: Lucario will leave, that's for sure. But Mewtwo really shouldn't come back - 6 first gens for 5 generations = fail.
Fulgore: ... Who?
Ridley- Well then, care to tell me why exactly he "doesn't fit" in your opinion?

Ray MK II- He is basically the icon of Nintendo's Custom Robo series, I haven't heard too much, but the series is quite popular, and he was a Assist Trophy as well. The wiki article is here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custom_Robo

Roy- He was not only a Melee veteran, but he is popular, and least hated of the Melee clones. I feel he was unfairly scrapped, and should make a return in SSB4, provided with a new move set. I wish I could say the same for Mewtwo, but he's in a different situation, and it doesn't seem too bright for his future. :(

Fulgore- The icon of the Killer Instinct series. Its a bit hard to explain, so here is the wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Instinct

Interesting choice, very out-of-the-box. However, this character choice is very unlikely.

What people don't realize is that there will be only a handfull of 3rd party characters, those of which have high popularity and high demand. Plus, there may not be the option of including 3rd parties in the next installment.

This is supposed to be a discussion for the next installment, but, as expected, about 90% of the posters post their character rosters for the next installment, most of them being 'wishlists'. I've seen some well-thought-out ideas (most of which are non-character related) in that 10%, but the theme of 'discussion' has not been properly used (sometimes it has). FYI, the roster will not reach to 60. (I can't believe some of the rosters that have been posted)

Please, either post a therouw character roster, an idea that is non-character related for representation (we need more of this!), or do not post at all.
First of all, how is he unlikely? If I am to reply to that, you need to actually explain your own reasoning.

Second, what do you expect? It should be obvious that the character roster is the most talked about subject of SSB4, and how people speculate whether or not their favorite characters will have a chance in. Sure, there is more to Smash than the roster that can be discussed, but the characters are probably the most interesting subject, and hence why it is the most discussed.

And third, I hope you are not including me, as from what I can see, I gave valid and decently thorough reasons to my list, and I did not see a wall of text built of dozens of characters anywhere on my post. Not to mention the only third party characters I listed are Mega Man and Fulgore.

On the subject of Fulgore, I'm not so sure characters from dedicated fighting game series should be allowed in Smash. It makes no sense. Smash, to me, is about putting characters that you wouldn't see in a regular fighting game and putting them into a fighting game. Why take a character who is already in a fighting game and put him into another fighting game with characters who, if you're looking at it from a traditional standpoint, shouldn't even BE in a fighting game?

(yeah, I know I said fighting game way too many times...but you get the point, I hope)

Would you put Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li into Smash? Terry Bogard? Sol-Badguy? Might be interesting but those guys are seasoned fighting game staples, not to mention they're all third-party (including Fulgore). Not only would it be blasphemy but it would be pretty difficult, too.
But you see, Smash is a game/series that brings characters from all sorts of game genres into the battlefield. I see no reason why having a character that already comes from a fighting game shouldn't be any different. Heck, that can actually be good, as then the character already his provided a perfectly good move set to use. As for those you mentioned, I'm not really fans of them, but if they have a good opportunity to be invited, then why not? If they fit the qualifications (popularity, move set to use, good ties with Nintendo), then by all means, sure. It is your opinion though, and I won't force you to change your way of thinking.

Fulgore = no, but I love the idea so, so much. He's also not known to most, but he's more related to Nintendo though the SNES, Gameboy, and N64 than KOS-MOS is. I very much appreciate you posting him Tyfighter - that was a blast from the past type of feeling, slapping all of the obvious, bandwagon characters along the way. Even though Fulgore will not make it into SSB4, I would love to see a new Killer Instinct game. Unfortunately, it would be on the 360, of which I do not own.
True, he is not as well known nowadays, but then again, neither was Ice Climbers or Pit. And in actuality, Rare does have rights to creating games for GBA and DS, so for all we know, KI3 could be made on there! Chances are slim, but hey, its still a possiblility. :p

Fulgore is property of Rare which is property of Microsoft. It won't ever happen.
Its not so simple as that. A KI game has yet to grace the 360, and Rare has GBA/DS rights as I said. All of the KI games have been only on Nintendo, and Rare still has very good ties with them, so I highly doubt that the inclusion of Fulgore is impossible as you say.

Fulgore though.....yeesh. I don't really think any KI character would work--ultra combos would kind of imbalance Smash, don't'cha think? Anyways, he's a Rare character, so he's out by default.
Who said Fulgore had to use the game engine he's used to? I don't see Pokemon of Fire Emblem reps. stick to their way of gameplay in Smash, and Fulgore could easily do the same.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I hate to harp on this, but I'm feeling ignored, so I'm postign this for a third time. If I'm being annoying with it, I'll stop posting it. I REALLY would like some feedback on this.

-------------------

I had a strange idea along the lines of Street Fighter 3 and Guilty Gear...an all-purpose meter for doing certain special techniques.

Turn the L button (or Y button) into a Tech button. This button will allow you to do some very useful techniques at the cost of the aforementioned special meter, which refills only as you deal damage, thus encouraging aggressive play. My ideas...

- Tech Dash - tap forward or backward while holding L. Moves exactly like a wavedash but the meter prevent spamming. You can do any tilt or smash out of a Tech Dash and it allows you to quickly slide of platforms and edges. Good for approaching, quick movement or edgehogging.

Ease of use makes it iffy since it'll take somewhat less skill to use it. My suggestion is to disallow shielding, dodging, jumping and grabbing during a Tech Dash to increase the risk of using it and to encourage smart usage of the move. There will be no invincibility frames during a Tech Dash, either.

- Tech Shield - Press L while shielding or dodging to perform a parry-type move. If it misses, you're left open briefly. If you land the parry correctly, your opponent will experience heavy lag (a la SF3 parry) long enough for a hard punishment.

- Tech Cancel - Press L with the right timing during a move to cancel the ending lag of any move. The amount of meter used depends on the move. Similar to GGXX's Roman Cancel. Meant to help with long combos.

- Aerial Cancel - Hit L as you land during an aerial to cancel the landing lag. Takes less meter than a Tech Cancel. Similar as L-canceling in Melee.

- Final Smash - When the meter is 50% (or more, still deciding this) full, press L and B to perform the character's specialized Final Smash move. It's primary purpose is dealing large amounts of damage, though most FS's will KO at about 80-90% pre-attack (character dependent). The drawback is that they are no longer invincible nor unblockable (except for some possible grab-type FS's). However, there are ways to combo into these moves.

Of course, these are just ideas, wishful thinking and the like from someone who knows next to nothing about game design or crafting a fighting game engine. The idea of making ATs easy to perform might not sit well with some since it does little to differentiate skilled players from lesser ones. However, it's all in the intelligent use of such techniques rather than the physical execution that I propose makes this system somewhat viable. Any ideas? Comments? Criticisms?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now that I think about Mewtwo and Roy probably have a decent chance at a resurrection. After all, out of the Seven Deadly Fighters, they were the farthest in terms of completion. If we knew the reasons why they were scrapped in the end after so far into development, they might stand a chance and become the first true returning fighters.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
First of all, how is he unlikely? If I am to reply to that, you need to actually explain your own reasoning.
Ok, for a 3rd party character inclusion, that character must have high demand. (Excluding Snake, because Sakurai wanted him in) He has a loooooooooong way to go before consideration. He has to have Sonic-type popularity (or close to that), you probably know that Sakuarai was a bit hasty to putting him in Brawl, as he was not intensionally planned until 5 months prior.

Second, what do you expect? It should be obvious that the character roster is the most talked about subject of SSB4, and how people speculate whether or not their favorite characters will have a chance in. Sure, there is more to Smash than the roster that can be discussed, but the characters are probably the most interesting subject, and hence why it is the most discussed.
Not much. Like I stated, interesting and not-expected characters will be suggested every-now-and-then. I like the mentioning of such a character, but other, more popular characters tend to take more of the spotlight, and are more likely to be represented in the 4th installment of Smash.

And third, I hope you are not including me, as from what I can see, I gave valid and decently thorough reasons to my list, and I did not see a wall of text built of dozens of characters anywhere on my post. Not to mention the only third party characters I listed are Mega Man and Fulgore.
Oh, no. You gave valid reasons to such inclusion. Of coarse, Fulgore will have a long list of characters to surpass, which makes it quite unlikely that such a character will be included. I'm sorry if the 'discussion' aspect of my post was out of concept. =/

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
I don't think K.Rool is more popular than Ridley amongst most people. Personally, I'm not a big fan of K.Rool, his character is so...un-necessary!
If thats case the all of Nintendo is un-necessary...a fat alligator is way cooler then a porky plumber...

someone listen to duck...

Your ideas are interesting...I need to think about it, a lotta canceling and dashing I see...

Florida

イーグランツ
What? Already? You guys need to relax a little and focus more on Brawl. Super Smash Bros. 4 is a long ways away (possibly never happening). How about you stop wishing on what you want and start working on what you have?

Pit. :3
Just a little rant for you all.

~Courage~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Courage808
Epic Win

My bad, I thought it was a couple, but it was actually like 10 pages back. Anyway here it is.

Tom Nook moveset

A: punch right fist
AA: punch combo right left
AAA: punch right, left and right punch in the gut, nice for spacing. ( In AC I think it says he's in a fight club)

Side Smash: holds an axe behind his back like a baseball bat charges it up and swings.
Down Smash: Closer range than other down smashes, stab down with a shovel.
Up Smash: Pulls out his slingshot and shoots straight up in the air (is different then most people's up smash and I like it) this attack can be charged like others, and is used just like in the games, except whatever you should goes up not down. Not as strong as other's but in my opinion more useful.
Dash attack: Swings his axe on one foot having a dizzy look like in the game when you miss with the axe.

Nuetral air: Pulls out a large fish in front of him. Like the "Show it off!" function in AC.
Down air: sticks out his shovel downwards, it works as a spike, but if he misses it gets him some bad lag to display the animation when you hit something hard with your shovel in AC.
Up air: Hit people above you with your oversized head.
Forward air: Swing axe forward. Slow, small hit box, but powerful. Missing lag from AC when axe doesn't hit. check.
Back Air: Drops a leaf behind him and then pulls it back quickly. Like in AC where something is dropped out of the inventory onto the ground then picked back up.

Now for the fun part.

B: Heave furniture, I really like this move because it actually works this way in Animal Crossing too. Throw a leaf forward and it turns into furniture, that you have to avoid, if it hits a person it does damage, and stays there posing as an obstacle.
B left/right: This took me a while to come up with something fun. You swing out your net over your head just like in the game and you can catch projectiles and items alike, and they get stuck in your net, then the next time you press sideways b you throw it. If it hits a person, they get stunned with the "wtf?" look in Animal Crossing whenever you hit someone with a net. Barely any time spent stunned though.
B down: Bury a pitfall it takes about 2 seconds so use it when your not near someone, then whoever walks by the spot falls in and they have to repeatedley press A to escape.
B up: Tom Nook takes out a leaf from his pocket puts it under him, it turns into a random bouncy object and he spring flips in the direction you point, people in his way get hurt, but not bad.

Grab: Throw your fishing line torwards your opponents if it catches them you reel them in and proceed to pick them up, like in the game.
Bash: Shake them like a tree. :laugh:
Throw forward: Drop them in front of you then kick them forward.
Throw backward:Toss them above your head then bicycle kick them backward.
Throw up: Throw up, then shoot them with your sling shot as an attack.
Throw down: Throw your foe down and hit them with the shovel.

Final Smash: Two box trucks with the leaf logo on them appear at the top of the field and pour tons of furniture all over the field doing lots of damage. Tom Nook pulls out a leaf umbrella and is comically uneffected. The attack also leaves opponents stuck in a pile of furniture and they have to hit A to get out. Considering Tom Nook doesn't brake the pile.

Taunt: Ha Ha's surround Tom Nooks head as he laughs at your insolence.
Costumes: The cloths of the different stores he went through.

I changed it a bit.
OMG, this idea effin' wins!!! I sooo love everything about this except for his Final Smash.

Is it suppoused to be like somthing iconic for the Animal Crossing series or just for Tom Nook?
Because if its just for Tom, I think having him summon like, Nook's Cranny, and having it expand straight into Nookington's right on the battle field would be awesome!
It'd be kinda like how that Sim assitant trophy dude summons buildings, but this one is like summoning a small building, then a big one, then a bigger one, then a gigantic one!!

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
First off i would have to say make stage builder A LOT better. add more parts, more backgrounds, give us rotation on the pieces, rather than just a horizontal flip.
Second bring back all the melee characters and add a lot more. I dont know if any of you out there remember a game called "Zombies ate my neighbors" but i used to love it and would love seeing that in the game somehow. And i read earlier, dont remember who posted it, but they mentioned the idea of using your wii mii as a player, and i thought that would be great. I remember back on my N64 i had a few WWF(now WWE) video games and you could create your own player and pick moves from a selected movelist for your character and i think this would be a pretty interesting idea for SSB4.
Third possibly a 4 player co-op and better story mode
Fourth better online play

Xfactor777

Smash Cadet
I'm still crossing my fingers for shadow the hedgehog to be in now THAT would be cool and Dry Bowser would be pretty sweet too

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
When I read an interesting fact, I have to go see if it is true.

I searched this but excluded all games that didn't have Donkey Kong in the name, so Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing games only in Japan, remakes and what not.

The results were:

Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong II, Donkey Kong 3, Donkey Kong Circus, Donkey Kong Hockey, Donkey Kong Jr. Math, (I'll exclude Donkey Kong on Game Boy since it is a remake of the original, even though most of the content was new), Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Land, Donkey Kong 64, Donkey Konga, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong, Donkey Konga 2, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, DK: King of Swing, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, DK Jungle Climber, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

Okay so DK's total is: 18

King K. Rool: Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3, Donkey Kong 64, Donkey Kong Land, Donkey Kong Land 2, Donkey Kong Land III, DK King of Swing, DK Jungle Climber, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast.

King K. Rool's total is: 10

Now, don't get me wrong, I want K. Rool in Smash as much as the next guy, but DK is definitely in way more then him. And I like how you tried to talk down to players like you knew so much more about DK then them, when a few minutes of searching the web shows you are wrong.

Well admittedly, this only applys to the games that K. Rool has been in, and of the games that carried DK's namesake that K. Rool has been in, he's been in more than DK. Ironically, I had completely blanked out about the retro games, and I really dont indclude the sports games, as they cause people to put DK and Diddy, and now Funky, in a group with the mario characters on smash rosters, which is UTTERLY wrong.

Apologies for blanking out about the classics, but as far as the series that is ONLY Dk's, (The classic DK games cant say this, as most of them involved Mario), K. Rool has been in more than DK, as he was absent as a playable in DKC2 and DKC3.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Jiggs needs a couple improvements for SSB4.

Sing needs to either 1) have a larger radius, 2) be able to put opponents to sleep in the air, and/or 3) put them to sleep for a longer time. As is, I find it a pretty useless move; it's impossible to hit with, and any decent player can break out of the sleep before the move even ends, unless they're up to ridiculous amounts of damage first.

Rest needs to be fatal again. Flower > Fatal? No. No, no, no.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
I want to see a stage that is always randomly generated, like Castle Siege, but the layout is just randomized each time you play, like it's some other castle, some other castle interior, and some other cavern.
It could be another recreation of a castle set in Fire Emblem, or...

Mario Party Stage (Take 3)

Stage info:

The stage will be based off of the Adventure Pipe and playable stages available. The basic platform(s) will be in the Adventure Pipe itself, but after a while, it will shift its backround and platforms to that of the new basic platforms of that Mario Party stage. (similar to Castle Seige). With the stage change, the music will also change according to the specific stage (similar to that of Wario Ware Inc.'s music of the Wario Ware stage). After a certain time period, the stage will change back to the Adventure Pipe backround. This is the nature of a Mario Party! :D

Stage music and structure:

Adventure Pipe: Adventure Pipe (original)
Adventure Pipe:
Party Mode Theme {Mario Party 6}
Adventure Pipe:
Party Cruise Theme {Mario Party 7}
_____

_______Y_______

Mario's Rainbow Castle: Mario's Rainbow Castle
Mario's Rainbow Castle:
Toad's Midway Madness (original)
Mario's Rainbow Castle:
Woody Woods

l
_____
l

l
_Y_
l

--
DK's Jungle Adventure: DK's Jungle Adventure (original)
DK's Jungle Adventure:
Shy Guy's Jungle Jam
DK's Jungle Adventure:
Pirate Land (original)

__Y__
____/
____

Peach's Birthday Cake: Peach's Birthday Cake
Peach's Birthday Cake:
Sweet Dream
Peach's Birthday Cake:
Koopa's Tycoon Town (original)

^_Y_^
-- --

Yoshi's Tropical Island: Yoshi's Tropical Island (original)
Yoshi's Tropical Island:
Koopa's Seaside Soiree (original)
Yoshi's Tropical Island:
Grand Canal

[_
_]

____Y____
(water)^^^
^^^
(water)

Wario's Battle Canyon: Wario's Battle Canyon
Wario's Battle Canyon:
Mystery Land
Wario's Battle Canyon:
Creepy Cavern (original)

___
___
___/ /_Y_\ \___

Luigi's Engine Room: Luigi's Engine Room
Luigi's Engine Room:
E. Gadd's Garage
Luigi's Engine Room:
Clockwork Castle (original)

--
-- l l --
.0___l l_Y_0.

I've thought about an unlockable portion to this stage. (imagine, an unlockable to a stage 0.o)

Bowser's Magma Mountain: Bowser's Magma Mountain
Bowser's Magma Mountain:
Bowser Nightmare (original)

Bowser's Magma Mountain:
King Boo's Haunted Hideaway

{___} --- _Y_ --- {___}
(lava)^^^
^^
^^
^^^(lava)

Eternal Star: Eternal Star (original)
Eternal Star:
Space Land

Eternal Star:
Deep Blooper Sea

Y
-- __/\__ --
\
/
Stage design: (Y represents Mario)

Make sure to send some of your opinions on all three Mario Party stage ideas! ^.^

And... just for a memory recall...
If the Sonic series is going to be represented again, they're going to have to have more representation.
A new playable character? A new assist trophy?
Why not a new stage.

Metal Harbor:

Most music should be based on music that plays on a stage, rather than a main theme:

Metal Harbor
Ocean Palace
Chemical Plant Zone
Labrynth Zone (remix)
Marbel Garden Zone (remix)
Station Square
Egg Rocket Zone (remix)
Sand Ruins
Green Hill Zone (remix) Please, they need to have a remix of the original.
*Last being a song from 'Sonic Unleashed'*
Comments from this one too, especially you, Sonic the Baron. *checked your request, and Ocean Palace FTW*

volbound1700

Smash Master
I share many people's desire for more Sonic Characters, Megaman, and I don't want any characters cut!! I hated that Melee characters were cut. Add Mewtwo back in as well.

One thing I did not like about SSE was how little stuff we had from other games. We had some Mario enemies and that was about it. I would like to see stages oriented after the different series and distinct enemies after each series. Why not a dreamland level with waddle dees, doos, and don'ts for example. Also more bosses in SSE such as Dr. Robotnik, Wart, and King K. Rool. I like distinct stage and I think we need an original final boss like Taboo for example but I also think you need stages and enemies from the series more then what was present in this one.

Online Rankings like you see in Super Mario Strikers Charged would be nice start.

More stages from Melee and 64 Smash in.

Please give Ganondorf a new moveset.

Also a unique mode for Smash 4 would be Chess Smash where you pick a character to be a certain piece like bishop, pawn, etc. and move them and when the pawn attacks another pawn the two characters battle and the winner obviously takes the place. King would not be a character since old checkmate style still applies there. I got this idea watching medieval human chess at a reniassance fair.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
I hate to harp on this, but I'm feeling ignored, so I'm postign this for a third time. If I'm being annoying with it, I'll stop posting it. I REALLY would like some feedback on this.

-------------------

I had a strange idea along the lines of Street Fighter 3 and Guilty Gear...an all-purpose meter for doing certain special techniques.

Turn the L button (or Y button) into a Tech button. This button will allow you to do some very useful techniques at the cost of the aforementioned special meter, which refills only as you deal damage, thus encouraging aggressive play. My ideas...

- Tech Dash - tap forward or backward while holding L. Moves exactly like a wavedash but the meter prevent spamming. You can do any tilt or smash out of a Tech Dash and it allows you to quickly slide of platforms and edges. Good for approaching, quick movement or edgehogging.

Ease of use makes it iffy since it'll take somewhat less skill to use it. My suggestion is to disallow shielding, dodging, jumping and grabbing during a Tech Dash to increase the risk of using it and to encourage smart usage of the move. There will be no invincibility frames during a Tech Dash, either.

- Tech Shield - Press L while shielding or dodging to perform a parry-type move. If it misses, you're left open briefly. If you land the parry correctly, your opponent will experience heavy lag (a la SF3 parry) long enough for a hard punishment.

- Tech Cancel - Press L with the right timing during a move to cancel the ending lag of any move. The amount of meter used depends on the move. Similar to GGXX's Roman Cancel. Meant to help with long combos.

- Aerial Cancel - Hit L as you land during an aerial to cancel the landing lag. Takes less meter than a Tech Cancel. Similar as L-canceling in Melee.

- Final Smash - When the meter is 50% (or more, still deciding this) full, press L and B to perform the character's specialized Final Smash move. It's primary purpose is dealing large amounts of damage, though most FS's will KO at about 80-90% pre-attack (character dependent). The drawback is that they are no longer invincible nor unblockable (except for some possible grab-type FS's). However, there are ways to combo into these moves.

Of course, these are just ideas, wishful thinking and the like from someone who knows next to nothing about game design or crafting a fighting game engine. The idea of making ATs easy to perform might not sit well with some since it does little to differentiate skilled players from lesser ones. However, it's all in the intelligent use of such techniques rather than the physical execution that I propose makes this system somewhat viable. Any ideas? Comments? Criticisms?
Well, to begin, I think you're right when you say that making certain ATs easier to perform won't sit well with some people. And I think that's justified. A big thing that sets Smash apart from other fighters is that it has no preset combos or special techniques. (The Final Smash is a bit different, but that's exempted anyway.) They are all derived by the player from each character's individual moveset and the mechanics of the game. This "free strategy" gives Smash a unique feel that I would hate to see dissipate with this type of system.

Also, you yourself said that the meter promotes aggressive play, which can be good in some extreme cases. However, that's another. more subtle hit to the "free strategy" idea. It can additionally hinder characters who perform much better defensively, i.e. Zelda.

Thus, I can't say that I'm completely comfortable with the general idea. Sorry.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Here's my idea to make Mewtwo playable without taking up another spot on the roster.
Pokemon Trainer gets a new Final Smash which is absurdly powerful. Afterwards all three of his Pokemon faint and he throws out Mewtwo, the last trick up his sleeve. Once you get another Final Smash it goes back to the original three. What do you think?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's my idea to make Mewtwo playable without taking up another spot on the roster.
Pokemon Trainer gets a new Final Smash which is absurdly powerful. Afterwards all three of his Pokemon faint and he throws out Mewtwo, the last trick up his sleeve. Once you get another Final Smash it goes back to the original three. What do you think?
If so, you better be able to hold shield while selecting Pokemon Trainer so you can start with Mewtwo.

On another note, Mewtwo is too good to be contained in a Pokeball. Lucario cannot just warp onto the stage where Mewtwo has to come out of a Pokeball. It's a disgrace. Put Lucario in a Pokeball and keep Mewtwo out of one.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Meh, guess I'll post what I want.

- Bring back L-canceling, dashdancing, crouch canceling, light shielding, and the ability to reflect projectiles by powershielding. I don't want this to be a carbon copy of Melee with more fluff, but I don't want any technical aspects to be abandoned.

- Hitstun should be increased. Somewhere between Melee's and Brawl's but closer to Melee's.

- More stages from Melee and Smash 64, as well as some from Brawl. Give some Melee and Smash 64 stages a visual makeover.

- Keep Brawl's engine, but modify it for faster fall speed.

- Keep all characters from Brawl except Falco and Toon Link. Give Wolf Falco's Reflector property.

- Bring back Mewtwo

- Give Luigi the Poltergust 3000 as a new Standard Special.

-Give Ganondorf a new moveset, but keep Dark Dive, Flame Choke, USmash, and Utilt.

- Give Wolf the Star Wolf team for his Final Smash.

- Gine Ness PK Rockin' for his Final Smash

-Give Lucas PK Ground as a new Side Special.

-Give Diddy Kong the Chimpy Charge as a new Down Special.

- Give Sonic the Sonic Wind as a new Side Special.

- New Characters: Geno, Bowser Jr., Ridley, King K. Rool, Krystal, Lyn, Lip, Micaiah, Black Shadow, Isaac, Baby Mario, Megaman, a 4th 3rd party character, and an original character.

- Stage Builder improvements: more pieces, more backgrounds, allow for rotation, ability to make My Music playlist for created stages.

- Bring back Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish. Make Break the Targets and Board the Platforms individualized for each character.

- Improved Adventure Mode. The cutscenes are fine as long as there's no plotholes. Put in stuff from other games, like enemies or locations.

- New Assist Trophies: Zero, Tails, Dark Samus, DeMille, Elite Beat Agents, Quendan, Dixie Kong, Flint, Sothe, Sigurd, Rosalina, Swooping Snitchbug, Birdo

-Returning Pokemon: Clefairy, Unown, Raikou, Articuno, Zapdos, Cyndaquil, Chansey

- New Pokemon: Torterra, Blaziken, Gyarados, Eevee, Ditto, Steelix, Darkrai, Arceus, Regigigas, Buneary

- Masterpieces need to be full games instead of demos. Games suggested: Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, The Legend of Zelda, Kirby's Adventure, Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, EarthBound, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, F-Zero X, Star Fox 64, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Kirby Super Star, Super Mario 64, Pokemon Snap, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, Metal Gear, Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man, Donkey Kong 64, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Yoshi's Story, Super Smash Bros.

- Returning Items: Parasol, Red Shell, Barrel Cannon, Flipper, Cloaking Device, Egg

- New Items: Cane of Byrna, Annihilator Beam, Ball and Chain, POW Block, Mega Mushroom, Eggwalker, Boar, Hydra, Wheelie Bike, Premier Ball

- Returning Stages: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Island N64, Kongo Jungle Melee, Yoshi's Island Melee, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Big Blue, Onett, Great Bay, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Bridge of Eldin, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Spear Pillar, Port Town Aero Dive, PictoChat, New Pork City, Shadow Moses Island, Green Hill Zone, Mushroom Kingdom II

Oog... can't think of anything else.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was working with you until I read the falling speed thing. And, dash dancing is in the game already.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
Meh, guess I'll post what I want.

- Bring back L-canceling, dashdancing, crouch canceling, light shielding, and the ability to reflect projectiles by powershielding. I don't want this to be a carbon copy of Melee with more fluff, but I don't want any technical aspects to be abandoned.

- Hitstun should be increased. Somewhere between Melee's and Brawl's but closer to Melee's.

- More stages from Melee and Smash 64, as well as some from Brawl. Give some Melee and Smash 64 stages a visual makeover.

- Keep Brawl's engine, but modify it for faster fall speed.

- Keep all characters from Brawl except Falco and Toon Link. Give Wolf Falco's Reflector property.

- Bring back Mewtwo

- Give Luigi the Poltergust 3000 as a new Standard Special.

-Give Ganondorf a new moveset, but keep Dark Dive, Flame Choke, USmash, and Utilt.

- Give Wolf the Star Wolf team for his Final Smash.

- Gine Ness PK Rockin' for his Final Smash

-Give Lucas PK Ground as a new Side Special.

-Give Diddy Kong the Chimpy Charge as a new Down Special.

- Give Sonic the Sonic Wind as a new Side Special.

- New Characters: Geno, Bowser Jr., Ridley, King K. Rool, Krystal, Lyn, Lip, Micaiah, Black Shadow, Isaac, Baby Mario, Megaman, a 4th 3rd party character, and an original character.

- Stage Builder improvements: more pieces, more backgrounds, allow for rotation, ability to make My Music playlist for created stages.

- Bring back Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish. Make Break the Targets and Board the Platforms individualized for each character.

- Improved Adventure Mode. The cutscenes are fine as long as there's no plotholes. Put in stuff from other games, like enemies or locations.

- New Assist Trophies: Zero, Tails, Dark Samus, DeMille, Elite Beat Agents, Quendan, Dixie Kong, Flint, Sothe, Sigurd, Rosalina, Swooping Snitchbug, Birdo

-Returning Pokemon: Clefairy, Unown, Raikou, Articuno, Zapdos, Cyndaquil, Chansey

- New Pokemon: Torterra, Blaziken, Gyarados, Eevee, Ditto, Steelix, Darkrai, Arceus, Regigigas, Buneary

- Masterpieces need to be full games instead of demos. Games suggested: Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, The Legend of Zelda, Kirby's Adventure, Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, EarthBound, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, F-Zero X, Star Fox 64, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Kirby Super Star, Super Mario 64, Pokemon Snap, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, Metal Gear, Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man, Donkey Kong 64, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Yoshi's Story, Super Smash Bros.

- Returning Items: Parasol, Red Shell, Barrel Cannon, Flipper, Cloaking Device, Egg

- New Items: Cane of Byrna, Annihilator Beam, Ball and Chain, POW Block, Mega Mushroom, Eggwalker, Boar, Hydra, Wheelie Bike, Premier Ball

- Returning Stages: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Island N64, Kongo Jungle Melee, Yoshi's Island Melee, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Big Blue, Onett, Great Bay, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Bridge of Eldin, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Spear Pillar, Port Town Aero Dive, PictoChat, New Pork City, Shadow Moses Island, Green Hill Zone, Mushroom Kingdom II

Oog... can't think of anything else.
Wow, most of these requests I had in mind. (it's.... wierd)

My only changes would be Lucas having PK Ground as his down-b, Sonic having the Sonic Tornado from Sonic Heroes as his side-b, keep Toon Link, keep Micaiah but not Lyn, and Claus as an assist trophy. (very eerie 0.o) The only thing that might be missing are new stage ideas, but you have plenty of time to think of that...

Deathcarter

Smash Lord

For the tech shield, it would be very uncomftorable for people who use L to shield. Auto canceling IMO needs to replace L canceling. Tech dash is faulty because you do not factor in the people who use L to cancel. Tech Cancel would be too broken because there is almost no way to punish tech canceled moves. Just my 2 cents.

-----------------------------------------------------

For the story mode, maybe during gameplay or on the world map, maybe select characters can have convos similar to those random convos in the tales series though the convos in the story mode would be given a small scene.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Pichu- make him Pulse and Minum, they have the smae figure and therefore could easily mirror pichu, plus SSb4 needs a beat up character.
Pichu being re-added as Plusle and Minon! That suggestion is full of win.

Plusle and Minon (a team like the ice climbers)
Specials:
Neutral B- Thunder Wave- An electrical wave projectile is fired in both directions. This projectile hugs the ground (though doesn't follow the course of the stage like Pikachu's or edgeguard like the Ice Climbers.) Any foe struck by thunder wave is paralyzed for 2 seconds and takes 5 damage.
Side B- Spark- Plusle and Minon both perform an electrically charged tackle (each going in a seperate direction.) Each Pokemon's spark has roughly the range of a Pikmin throw. Getting struck by spark causes 7% damage and 1 second of paralyzation. Plusle and Minon will quickly meet back up (like Pikmin Order) at the original location.
Up B- Helping Hand-
(Air only) Plusle and Minon join hands and use each others strength to throw each other repeatedly back to the stage.
(Ground only) Minon or Plusle start cheering while the other one is free to attack. The other Pokemon's attack is buffed with extra damage. This also applies to teammates in a team battle.
Down B- Flash- A large area around Minon and Plusle is surrounded by blinding light that has a very short Deku Nuts effect. This effect only lasts for 1-2 seconds.

I'm not going to make an full moveset for them, but I'll explain how they work.

How does their basic teamwork work?
Minon and Plusle will act as a team similar to the Ice Climbers.
They can not be desynched and will be together in all situations (except for a temporary seperation by certain attacks like Spark.)
If either Minon or Plusle fall off the stage due to spark, then the other one will start cheering support for the other one with Helping Hand automatically. The one who fell off the stage will then attempt to recover with Spark.

Attack Properties (mostly only significant for attacks like Spark and Thunder Wave.)
Minon's attacks have a negative charge, causing extra damage.
Plusle's attacks have a positive charge, creating a few extra frames of paralysis.

What is their attack style?
Plusle and Minon will often attempt to combo opponents through teamwork. Through the use of paralyzing frames on several attacks, they can set foes up for comboes with relative ease. Their grabs are a prime example, as one will hold the foe while the other one shocks the foe (grab attack) or uses a tackle or drilling attack into the foe (throws.)
*Note that they can't chain grab.

This would be rather interesting and worthy of being in SSB4 as it would be another teamset of characters as well as the first representatives from the 3rd generation.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
ducky285 said:

First let me say that I'm not too kosher with the idea of a measurable bar for using these things. I think that'd just complicate things, especially in a full 4-player match, when everyone's already so involved with keeping track of what the opponents are doing--can't you see yourself trying to tech dash, then being confused when you don't do anything, because you didn't realize you were lacking in your special meter? That second of confusion could cost you a stock.

I like the Tech Dash idea, but I think the same thing could be accomplished by adding a standard "dash" mechanic, executable by everyone by double-tapping a direction with the control stick. It wouldn't make you invincible, but you could dash through enemies quickly, or just get places faster.

I am fully in support of a SF3 parry system, however. That would be amazing. So either turn Powershielding into the parry maneuver, or turn Ground Dodging into the parry maneuver...I think I prefer Powershielding, because it's harder to use, and therefore a bit less spammable.

The FS system should not be changed though. It's great as it is, though I would like to see some of the characters' specials nerfed (Fox/Falco/Wolf, Sonic).

And also, I use the L button for shielding and rolling, and I keep tap jump off, so I use the Y button to go airborne. I'm sure others do this as well, and speaking personally, I already have my hands full in a heated match without having to worry about adding another button press into my actions to pull off techs.

That said, there's no reason you can't work (almost) all of those ideas into the game without the use of a meter or a button.

M4jora's M4sk said:
I just want simon Belmont and Chaos 0 in. Simon's final smash would be the stopwatch, and Chaos 0 could have a Down Special that gives him 1 Chaos emerald at a time. After 7, he gets a free final smash.
I won't comment on the Chaos idea, but Simon's FS would definitely NOT be a stopwatch (time manipulation is Joe's area). But don't fret, as I already have the idea fully covered!

Simon Belmont

Melee​

A - The standard whip attack. Hold the A button down to make the whip go limp, and control it by moving the control stick.

Side+A - Simon chops across his chest with his sword.
Down+A - Simon steps back a step and lashes the ground ahead of himself with his whip.
Up+A - Simon pokes his sword quickly above him.

Side Smash+A - Simon brandishes both of his weapons, bringing them down diagonally across himself. The sword has higher damage but the whip reaches farther.
Up Smash+A - Simon swirls his whip above his head, like a lasso.
Down Smash+A - Simon pirouettes, swiping his sword and whip around at his waistline.

Nair - A quick and simple karate-kick ahead of him.
Fair - Simon's whip flies straight out at a diagonally-downwards direction.
Bair - A vertical sword swipe preceded by Simon's turning around to look behind him.
Uair - Simon whips straight upwards.
Dair - Simon rockets downwards, one foot ahead. This move always sends him into a fastfall. This happens in the games when you try and slide in midair.

Grab - Simon tosses his sword to his whip hand, holding them both in one while he reaches out ahead of him. Laggy, but large range.
Grab Hit - Simon smacks his enemy in the face with the bottoms of both his weapons.

Fthrow - Tossing his enemy in front of him, Simon follows up by whipping the prone, airborne adversary three times, the third one sending them flying.
Uthrow - Simon tosses his enemy above him, then chucks an axe straight up at them. THe axe acts like Mewtwo's energy balls from his Fthrow, going through the enemy, but unlike Mewtwo, the axe will succumb to gravity, and return to earth dealing light damage to all in it's path, then clinking off the ground and disappearing.
Dthrow - The enemyis dropped to the floor, then takes a strong overhead whip to the back, sending them ricocheting upwards.
Bthrow - Simon stands the enemy behind him, then whips both arms back. His whip arm elbows the enemy, dealing damage, then his sword chops across, knocking the foe away.

Rising Attack - Rising to one knee, Simon circles his whip once around him.
Ledge Attack - After getting one foot on the ground, he swipes his sword along the ground, then whips upwards, sending those tripped up by the sword into the air even farther.

Special​

B: Knife - Simon flicks a knife forwards. Hold down the button to throw three knives in sequence. The knives can't be held like Sheiks, and will fire as soon as they're fully charged or you let go of the button. Note that Simon has three separate motions, one for each knife.

Side+B: Cross - A cross that flies ahead like a boomerang, then returns to it's sender. Unlike Link's boomerang, the Cross is not stopped by hitting things, and will go a predetermined distance (no Smashing to extend the length, either) before turning around. Simon will not catch it though, and it can hit enemies behind him as well before flying offscreen. It's return trip is faster, as well.

Up+B: Griffon Wing - Also called the "Super Jump". In the games, it's used to spam certain bosses and reach new, higher-up areas. Essentially a massive, fiery uppercut, with range comparable to Samus' Spin Attack. To make it different from Falcon's Raptor Boost, though, the particle effects resemble flaming feathers.

Down+B: Holy Water - Simon tosses a glass bottle of purified water on teh ground ahead of him. Upon contact, the bottle breaks, and blue flames streak across the floor for a few feet. Even in the air, the bottle still flies at the same trajectory.

Final Smash: Grand Cross - Holy power courses through Simon's being, and is unleashed in the form of a large, fiery crucifix. The cross slowly expands, releasing shards of it's power all around it. The shards do negligible damage, but being caught in the cricifix itself deals devastating damage.

Other Elements​

Taunt - Simon tosses his weapons spinning in the air above him, tosses back his hair with a "Hmph", then catches the falling objects.

Kirby Hat - Kirby dons Simon's elegant red locks, as well as his neat feathered chestplate.

Stage: Dracula's Castle - A moonlit stage atop Dracula's famed castle. There is the main platform on top os the tower, followed by two smaller ones on either side (think Pokemon Stadium). There are another two above those, and a final platform in the middle of the stage, above all the others. Skyward KOs are difficult to accomplish on this stage. There are also two platforms that just out on either side of the tower, and whenever cloud's cover the moon, the stage darkens and torches set all around the stage light themselves. Hazards could include the ever-present Medusa Heads, simple Bats, or bone-tossing skeletons.

***​

Alright, so the final thing I have to cover here is defending my positions on K. Rool and MegaMan. K. Rool gets first dibs:

First, let me say that I have played some DKC games--the first and second ones, to be precise. I played most of DK64, as well. I thought DKC was a fun game--not great, but okay for the time. However, I was never able to understand what Rare fans find so enjoyable about collecting eleventy-billion golden-monkey-shiny-banana-token-coin things in every goshdarn level of the later games (especially the mess that is DK64). So yeah, I'm a bit stilted, I suppose.

Anyways, I don't support King K. Rool. If for no other reason than his name is a pun. And not even a good one.

But really, don't take me seriously on this--I was fully against Diddy Kong being in Brawl, and we all know how that turned out.

Now then, MegaMan:

Simply put, his games aren't very good. MegaMan 2, the Zero games (which...he's not even really in), and perhaps the recent ZX series on DS (again, those he doesn't really feature in), are the only worthwhile titles with his name on them. Sure, he's Capcom's mascot, but he's been thoroughly beaten into the ground by the company. I'm not saying it'd be impossible, or even unlikely...but I'd simply rather play as a Capcom character who doesn't have a track record made primarily of bad collection RPGs. Like Viewtiful Joe.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I don't really want another Konami character or Sega for that matter.
Having Snake in is kind of a strike against Simon, I know, but considering how tightly-connected the Castlevania series is to Nintendo hardware, I don't think it puts him completely out of the running.

And I do think that if SSB4 keeps Sonic, then chances are there'd be another SEGA character included as well. Probably Tails or some other Sonic character, though I'd give my right leg for the chance to play as Gilius Thunderhead...http://www.gametronik.com/DataPage/articles/chretro/62/6.png

EDIT - Oh, and by the way, I really dig that Plusle & Minun 'set, Chris.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Wow, most of these requests I had in mind. (it's.... wierd)

My only changes would be Lucas having PK Ground as his down-b, Sonic having the Sonic Tornado from Sonic Heroes as his side-b, keep Toon Link, keep Micaiah but not Lyn, and Claus as an assist trophy. (very eerie 0.o) The only thing that might be missing are new stage ideas, but you have plenty of time to think of that...
1. I'd like for Lucas to keep the Psi Magnet, hence the PK Ground as his side special.
2. Not that kind of Sonic Wind- just a big gust of wind that can blow away opponents.
3. Toon Link's gotta go. Sorry, that's just me.
4. Considered.
5. Considered.

Ohh, looks like I forgot to add in some ideas...

- Online ought to be like Mario Kart Wii's. The online in Brawl is a travesty.

- Simon Belmont might fit...

...oh, nuts. I lost my other ideas. Ah well. I'll make a stage list.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
The number one thing on my list is that Sakurai learns his lesson and removes the catchphrase he made up for Ike.

"I fight for my friends!"

**** you Sakurai. You made one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters a laughing stock.

How about making Ike not speak in his victory pose... or making him say something that he actually does say in his game.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Chris Lionheart said:
The number one thing on my list is that Sakurai learns his lesson and removes the catchphrase he made up for Ike.

**** you Sakurai. You made one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters a laughing stock.
Really, it's just that the way he says it...well, he sounds like a huge prick, basically. I think the "prepare yourself" thing is fine, though.

How about making Ike not speak in his victory pose... or making him say something that he actually does say in his game.
Such as?

While I'm on the subject, I wonder if they'll give Marth an English VA in SSB4, since the DS remake of his games'll be out in the West by then.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord

He sounds so stupid in his games. "What happened, they're....statues?". Something like that. He sort of has an Irish accent too.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
He sounds so stupid in his games. "What happened, they're....statues?". Something like that. He sort of has an Irish accent too.
Then give him bad*** voice acting in SSB that suits his bad*** appearance.

The Black Knight also had horrible voice acting. Whos making fun of him? Lets face it. Fire Emblem voice acting is garbage. The series is best for its artwork, music, storyline, and gameplay. Things that actually matter.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the comments for those of you who commented. Like I said, it was just an idea that sorta popped into my head and I'm not a game designer so I didn't expect a lot of positivity. I'm glad to see the input and the problems with implementing such a system in smash, biggest one being the "extra" button.

I'm more for providing an easier way to wavedash while also placing limitations on it. The meter was one idea but it wouldn't really work in practice (theoretically, at least). Another idea I had would be to gradually decrease the distance gained by doing a wavedash if it's done too much. Essentially a stale move negation mechanic would be forced upon it with its usefulness increasing by simply not using it for a brief period of time.

This system would allow for lesser players to become familiar with it while forcing them to use it only where it's needed. An expert player, in theory, wouldn't have an issue with it as most good Smashers know when and when not to use the WD, and the recharge time wouldn't be so long that it becomes an issue.

I'm all for removing L-canceling in favor of auto-canceled aerials but I also would like the few characters with few or no AC aerials to not be punished so badly for it. Either give them more ACAs or cut their lag a bit in accordance with a risk-reward system. I can understand Bowser's beastly u-air being laggy on landing, but his n-air isn't strong enough to warrant the landing lag IMO. This is only an example. Tell me if I'm wrong to think that.

On the subject of a parry system, would this be better than the current perfect shielding/powershielding system? Most people seem to be fine wit hthe current system and a parry system would be a bit much for game like Smash. But let's say we do like the parry system...if we're not using L or Y for this parry, how would it be implemented into the current configuration? Perhaps make it similar to Third Strike and have it be hitting forward right before being hit?

I'm still confused over how I feel about Final Smashes. Part of me likes the traditional method of rewarding the player for aggressive play with supers rather than the randomness that is the Smash Ball determining who gets it. Another part of me sees the Smash Ball as fitting for SSB's style of play. I'm on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom