• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
To JasonLovesKelsey: You want FOUR Links? He is not THAT awesome.

Plus nobody gave a response to my idea of optional character interaction scenes in story mode like the skits from the Tales series or info convos from Fire Emblem.

The scenes could have some basic animation and take place on a small stage like ones in the game.

IMO, it would give insight on character personalities potrayed in the story.

Example:
Ice Climbers: Oh no! Global Warming! Ahhhhhhhh!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
no, samurai jack is by far the best part.....god i miss that show

on a different note, i really think the yoshi and donkey kong series deserve more representation. Bowser jr. is originally from a yoshi game as is kamek and the baby bros. All of whom i think would make great characters. As for dk i would love to see k rool, funky, dixie, lanky and chunky be added. funky and chunky could easily be implemented as alt coustues, and the others have plently of potential movesets.
Sorry, I saw this and I just finished watching the final samurai jack episode just last night. (I have all 4 seasons, yay)

Ok, time for another unsaid character from the nintendo universe,
Your arch rival in Red/Blue. Gary! (or buttface if you renamed him)
-t2

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking that a Team based mode would fit nicely into Smash. It would work like Capcom v. SNK 2. You pick three characters and you switch automatically when one character is KO'd. It wouldn't be the main mode of play but it might be worth implementing.

For example:

Pick Meta Knight, Donkey Kong and Falco.

Meta Knight starts the fight. If he is KO'd, DK takes over. If he's KO'd, Falco takes over.

It works well with 3-stock matches but can also work well for 4-stock if you stick with 3-character teams. In 4-stock, you'd get to use the first character twice. Logically, your first character would be your best or most dependable character.

A Marvel v. Capcom 2 style team match wouldn't work as well since assists and switches are difficult to implement into Smash.

Just a thought...

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I was thinking that a Team based mode would fit nicely into Smash. It would work like Capcom v. SNK 2. You pick three characters and you switch automatically when one character is KO'd. It wouldn't be the main mode of play but it might be worth implementing.

For example:

Pick Meta Knight, Donkey Kong and Falco.

Meta Knight starts the fight. If he is KO'd, DK takes over. If he's KO'd, Falco takes over.

It works well with 3-stock matches but can also work well for 4-stock if you stick with 3-character teams. In 4-stock, you'd get to use the first character twice. Logically, your first character would be your best or most dependable character.

A Marvel v. Capcom 2 style team match wouldn't work as well since assists and switches are difficult to implement into Smash.

Just a thought...
Interesting idea.
Would the one player play as the switching character, or would a second player (teammate) play next?
-t2

~rh

Smash Lord
Well, I'd want to have presets on who's playing who. Like before the match each player would pick their character. Sucks for the person whos short on odd numbered teams, haha [3 vs 3, 5 vs 5] I think It would be a great idea if you could pick how many characters you ill play with in this "team battle". Maybe 2- 6?

Sort of like Tekken style team battle.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Well, I'd want to have presets on who's playing who. Like before the match each player would pick their character. Sucks for the person whos short on odd numbered teams, haha [3 vs 3, 5 vs 5] I think It would be a great idea if you could pick how many characters you ill play with in this "team battle". Maybe 2- 6?

Sort of like Tekken style team battle.
If it was like Tekken, would it require tokens? lol

This is a great idea actually. I'd be willing to give it a try.
-t2

Ilex

Smash Ace
I think we should look at past trends to see which series will have new characters and how many new characters there will be. Most of my predictions are based off of Spire III's SSB4 Character Choice Battle in Forum Games.
Here are some little facts about my list:
- Wario is included as both a Mario spinoff character and a new series character
- Fire emblem characters are included under new series and their own category.

Mario Series: +1 character (+3 to Melee, -1 to Brawl)
From past trends it appears that the Mario series will experience probably 1 or possibly 2 new characters. Bowser Jr. is the most popular choice as of now.
DK: 0 or +1 (0,+1)
Yoshi: 0 (0,0)
Mario spinoffs altogether: +1 (0,+2)
This includes DK, Yoshi and Wario. If it gets +1 rep, I hope that it is a Yoshi representative. So I say it will most likely be Kamek or Baby Mario Bros.

LoZ: +2 (+4,0)
LoZ is rather spoiled in Smash, it went from 1 character to 5 in just one game. If two are added, Skull Kid seems like the popular choice but Midna or Wolf Link could be added also because they are important to recent games. But who knows, by then new games will most likely already be out with newer characters.

Metroid: +0.5? (0,+1)
I'll give Metroid the benefit of the doubt and say it gets 1 character. Sakurai said in an interview that Ridley is possible (I believe), but Dark Samus is another popular choice.

Old School: +2 (+2,+2)
The trend will probably continue with 2 for each game. Lil Mac and Balloon Righter seem to be popular contestants (I want Duck Hunt Dog, but yeah right). If we're lucky they could give ROB the boot and include 3 new PCs while staying in the +2 trend.

Kirby: +1 (0,+2)
Kirby is likely to receive 1 new character. But since Kirby is Sakurai franchise and we assume he will be directing the next smash, maybe 2 could get added. Knuckle Joe seems popular right now.

Star Fox: +1 (+1,+1)
Star Fox has had a pretty steady trend, with 1 new character per new game. Krystal has a large fanbase, but recently Leon has been gaining popularity as well.

Mother: +0.5 (0,+1)
Mother may or may not get a new character, but in a hypothetical situation where they will receive one, the Masked Man is the most wanted newcomer. Being a small series though they may not receive any :/

Pokemon +1 (+2,0)
First off, Lucario is at risk of being replaced by a 5th gen Pokemon similar to how Mewtwo was replaced. In addition one more rep might be added. It will probably be a 5th gen assuming that 5th gen is released before the next Smash. If not, Blaziken, Deoxys, and Female Pokemon Trainer are the popular choices. I'm hoping for a Team Galaxy or Rocket Member, but that's unlikely.

Fire Emblem: +1 (+2,0)
It's pretty straight forward, Fire Emblem might have 3 total characters in the next Smash. Marth is likely to stay since he has been in 2 consecutive games. Ike however, might get kicked and replaced by another FE. On top of that another one could be added. I don't play FE so I don't know which ones should be added, but Lyn and Micaiah are some common mentioned names.

'New series' characters: +3 (+2, +4)
It seems that an average of only 3 new unrelated characters are added each game. In Melee this was Roy and Marth, in Brawl we had Olimar, Wario, Snake and Sonic. I'm not going to seperate Snake and Sonic because 3rd party was only an addition to brawl and there's nothing to compare it to. Right now Golden Sun and Animal Crossing seem as the hot choices. If 3rd party is included fans want Bomberman, Geno and Megaman represented the most, probably.

So there you have it, a new roster list based on trends from the older games. According to this data, the new game will have about +12/13 new characters. Here is my resulting roster list, keep in mind that it is more about probability than personal opinion:

+ Bowser Jr.
+ Baby Mario Bros.
+ Skull Kid
+ Wolf Link and Midna
+ Tingle (Replacing TL)
+ Ridley (Ughh)
+ Lil Mac
+ Balloon Fighter
+ Knuckle Joe
+ Leon (Hell ya)
+ 5th gen rep (Replacing Lucario)
+ Blaziken
+ Micaiah (Replacing Ike)
+ Lyn
+ Isaac
+ Animal Crosser
+ Black Shadow (F-Zero is the one series left out in my list, so I'll throw in Black Shadow as a 'new series' character)

Sound like a probable roster? I love constructive criticism.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
-Ilex's post of awesomeness-
You forgot to include Mach Rider and Saki Amamiya. D;
Imo, they should give Black Shadow Ganondorf's complete moveset and give Ganondorf a unique, fresh moveset. The way he was supposed to be from the start.

Yay, another Tingle supporter! Personally, I want Toon Link back in with a fresh set of B moves, or Young Link with Mask Transformations (Zora Link, FTW!), Vaati, and Phantom Ganon for a boss. For Kirby, I think Paint Roller or Shadow Kirby would be nice choices, and Nightmare for a boss. For Star Fox, I want Krystal and Slippy (Slippy effing makes the Arwings and LandMasters, why not?), and Andross for a boss. I don't want Lucario replaced; he's fine as the 4th gen rep. I want Gardevoir in. For Fire Emblem, DEFINITELY keep Ike. Ike is just as important as Marth is. For the other Fire Emblem rep, I want Eliwood, Micaiah, or Sigurd, and either Medeus, Idoun, or the Fire Dragon (Demon King is g0d-m0d).

Zema

Smash Journeyman
this is not the point, Geno has only been in ONE freakin game and you think he should be in? i think not, there are other "way more" deserving characters
such as Megaman, Bomberman who have had numerous games on Nintendo rather than Geno that only appeared in one

as for you saying Geno GOD TIER!? psss... probably in your dreams because he would be mid if not bottom but then again it wouldn't matter because Geno shouldn't be in smash!
Oh, he's only been in one game, huh?

Who freaking cares?! The Ice Climbers have only been in one game, but look! Besides that he is also considered second party. There was a thread which gave great reasons why Geno should've been in Brawl.

Also, if Geno is sooo undeserving, how come he came in the top 10 most wanted for Brawl?

Your points are so weak I laugh at them so much.

Ilex

Smash Ace

Who freaking cares?! The Ice Climbers have only been in one game, but look! Besides that he is also considered second party. There was a thread which gave great reasons why Geno should've been in Brawl.

Also, if Geno is sooo undeserving, how come he came in the top 10 most wanted for Brawl?

The reason he's popular is because there was one Geno supporter that made some good points which convinced about 1 million people to jump on the Geno bandwagon who would not have wanted him otherwise. Ice Climbers are part of the Old School characters, and is a familiar icon to all the old NES players. And he's Nintendo. Geno is a character that appeared in one game and isn't even Nintendo. I never even knew who he was until I saw all the posts orgasming about how they wanted him. I'd love to see these great arguments for Geno, actually. Because he's popular? Because he's a star possessing a doll? Or maybe it's because he...yeah. I'm stumped.

Imo, they should give Black Shadow Ganondorf's complete moveset and give Ganondorf a unique, fresh moveset. The way he was supposed to be from the start.
Or how about we give them BOTH awesome movesets? I don't see why everyone wants to give Black Shadow Ganondorf's moveset, aren't we against clones? Pretty much everyone hates Ganondorf's moveset as it is, BS shouldn't have to be stuck with that.
Yay, another Tingle supporter! Personally, I want Toon Link back in with a fresh set of B moves, or Young Link with Mask Transformations (Zora Link, FTW!), Vaati, and Phantom Ganon for a boss. For Kirby, I think Paint Roller or Shadow Kirby would be nice choices, and Nightmare for a boss. For Star Fox, I want Krystal and Slippy (Slippy effing makes the Arwings and LandMasters, why not?), and Andross for a boss. I don't want Lucario replaced; he's fine as the 4th gen rep. I want Gardevoir in. For Fire Emblem, DEFINITELY keep Ike. Ike is just as important as Marth is. For the other Fire Emblem rep, I want Eliwood, Micaiah, or Sigurd, and either Medeus, Idoun, or the Fire Dragon (Demon King is g0d-m0d).
For Star Fox, it seems that Smash has been following the two teams; Star Fox and Star Wolf. First we have Star Fox Leader, then Star Fox sidekick, then Star Wolf Leader, and it would make sense in SSB4 to have a Star Wolf sidekick to complete the pattern. Slippy would make a good AT, and I don't really care about Krystal. Maybe Ike could stay...but I'm pretty positive that TL and Lucario will be taken out and replaced with newer versions of themselves.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Interesting idea.
Would the one player play as the switching character, or would a second player (teammate) play next?
-t2
It would be like CvS2. Two players, each picking a team of three. Doing this as multiplayer teams wouldn't work well since if one player dominates, the other wouldn't get to play. :/

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think we should look at past trends to see which series will have new characters and how many new characters there will be. Most of my predictions are based off of Spire III's SSB4 Character Choice Battle in Forum Games.
Here are some little facts about my list:
- Wario is included as both a Mario spinoff character and a new series character
- Fire emblem characters are included under new series and their own category.

DK: 0 or +1 (0,+1)
Yoshi: 0 (0,0)
Mario spinoffs altogether: +1 (0,+2)
This includes DK, Yoshi and Wario. If it gets +1 rep, I hope that it is a Yoshi representative. So I say it will most likely be Kamek or Baby Mario Bros.
DK... simply a Mario SPINOFF????????????? RAAAGGGHHH!!!

Alright, let me clear something up for you, friend. DK is in Mario sports games, because DK is an important part of Mario's history, being in the huge success of a game that gave Mario it's start. Thats where it ends.

DKC has no Mario elements, (Unless you include his Cameo at the end of DKC2, but Samus was there too, so...) Also, DK Jungle Beat was purely DK, DK: King of Swing and DK: Jungle Climber are DK series games, not "Mario spinoffs". The rumored DKC4 that's going to be announced at E3 08 is not a mario spinoff.

I'm tired of hearing people label DK and Diddy, and even King K. Rool (King K. Rool for god's sake, he's never even been IN a Mario spinoff) and Funky as Mario characters.

It's like the people that say "Who is Funky Kong? He was obviously made up for Mario Kart Wii"......................................................

No. Anyone who says that, is an idiot, who hasnt played any DKC games.

I'm sorry fellow SWFers, for exploding, but y'know, I'm tired of DK being labeled in this way. He merely was a character who was around who helped give Mario his start. Thats why he's welcomed into sports games. Apart from that, he's got his own series, his own unique enemies, his own unique land, his own unique everything.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road

geno was not the title character.

geno's game was largely overshadowed by the release of n64 and thus not as widely known as the ice climbers.

geno is owned by square, and i personally think that nintendo should only go for third party characters that define that third party like sonic and snake do for sega and konami. The only other plausible third party characters in my opinion are bomberman, megaman, and mabye even simon belmont.

and the poll where geno was top ten. james bond was also on it, does that mean he should be in the next smash?

your points are as dull as a circle.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I have a question for all of you.

What art direction and music style should SSB4 take?

About art direction, do you think if we have more third parties or first parties, should this game be more about realistic characters (Snake) or very cute cartoony ones (Kirby, Jigglypuff) or ones in between (Ike, Marth)?
Do you think there should be more realistic and serious characters in Smash or it should be more childish like? I don't know which is best for sales.

About music direction, how should it be? More operatic like this one or more rock and roll type? It seems better being epic, but some parts like my idea about Lucas killing Claus (who is a boss character) then finding out he's his brother then Claus dies and Lucas is sad could really make the player cry and the MOTHER 3 Theme of Love would play, but it should be like LOTR style with Enya-ish type music but sad.
It could also work about the dramatic part I suggested where the female Earthbound rep would be bleeding from the forehead and praying then she passes out and almost dies till Ness comes and saves her could also have this type of music.

I also think the 'main' music theme should not be played throughout the whole game, but rather different music all the time. It may be harder yes, but I don't like to hear the same melody in different styles all the time.

Ilex

Smash Ace
About art direction, do you think if we have more third parties or first parties, should this game be more about realistic characters (Snake) or very cute cartoony ones (Kirby, Jigglypuff) or ones in between (Ike, Marth)?
Do you think there should be more realistic and serious characters in Smash or it should be more childish like? I don't know which is best for sales.
The beauty of Smash is that you can have all sorts of diverse characters fighting each other. Honestly, who doesn't love seeing Jigglypuff beat the crap out of Bowser or Marth?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
The beauty of Smash is that you can have all sorts of diverse characters fighting each other. Honestly, who doesn't love seeing Jigglypuff beat the crap out of Bowser or Marth?
I know. It is cute seeing Jigglypuff beat up Snake as well. I just don't like it when people say there should be no realistic characters like Snake because he "doesn't fit" in Smash.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
If I were in charge of ssb4 and could do whatever the hell I wanted with regard to make the game here is what I would do.

First of all, remove the abomination known as random tripping

Key points to consider, It has to stay noob friendly enough to encourage new gamers to buy this game and have fun playing it.
It must be complex enough to ensure longevity and competitiveness of the title so the people still play years from now.
Above all it must be fun to play.

Now for the game mechanics, In general I would keep brawls basic speed, (maybe speed it up slightly like 10% faster or something).

Fall speed will be increased on every character
except Jiggs she benefits a lot from floatyness
, horizontal air speed will also be increased slightly and initial air speed will follow the momentum of your initial jump (that would also make adventure mode more playable).

Enable tethers to grab walls and ceiling to make them more useful, and make Z-airs aimable
huge buff for Link and Samus they need it

Players get one directional Air Dodge that does not cause helpless. (effectively helping every characters recovery)
also brings back wave-dashing won't be quite like Melee's though, you wont have as much momentum

The characters will actually have to be able to reach the ledge in order to grab it. (it only makes sense, come seriously, i love brawl but you can sweep the ledge when your character cant even reach it.)

Hit stun will be carefully measured for each move. Overall there will still be less hit stun Melee. In general stronger moves will have more hit stun, more powerful characters have more hit stun than quick characters by extension.

To deal with infinites, I would make diminishing returns more devastating, after 3 uses in close succession the move becomes stale and loses all it's hit stun and lot of damage and knockback. After 5 uses with in a very close time frame the move becomes exhausted and has random chance to miss when executed. A move are refreshed simply by not using it for a period of 5 seconds. (jabs are the exception to this)

The timing on Power shielding will become a little stricter, but your opponent will have an increase in ending lag when you power shield a Melee attack successful. Power shielded projectiles become stray objects and can hit anyone, (where they are deflected to depends on the angle they hit the shield). Very little shield stun, The shield will radius will shrink and a constant rate when held. The shields area will decrease when it is hit.

Keep the mechanics for glide-tossing, and dash attack canceling from brawl.

The move system stays the same (it's simplicity is one of the most appealing things about SSB)

Maybe only seven characters would be added, and a few characters would be replaced.
I'd try as hard as possible to balance the roster.

About half old stages from all the SSB, and only a few new ones. (lets face there are some stages that do not deserve existence)
Improve the stage editor, It's a great thing really, but it needs more.

Add more items, make some of them less overpowered of course, you can always turn them off, but they are really really fun for goofing off.

I'd make it for the X-box or PS3, lets face it, the Wii is too wiik to handle SSB's full potential.

Last of all, I would actually monitor the game after it's release make a few patches the fix anything glaringly wrong that was not found during testing somehow, and maybe even release an Xpac after a couple years.
Nintendo would find this blasphemous

Anyway, that's what I think please give tell me what you think.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I'd make it for the X-box or PS3, lets face it, the Wii is too wiik to handle SSB's full potential.
Not possible unless the Wii completely fails and Nintendo is forced to become a third-party software developer. I don't see this happening in the foreseeable future.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I have a question for all of you.

What art direction and music style should SSB4 take?

About music direction, how should it be? More operatic like this one or more rock and roll type? It seems better being epic, but some parts like my idea about Lucas killing Claus (who is a boss character) then finding out he's his brother then Claus dies and Lucas is sad could really make the player cry and the MOTHER 3 Theme of Love would play, but it should be like LOTR style with Enya-ish type music but sad.
It could also work about the dramatic part I suggested where the female Earthbound rep would be bleeding from the forehead and praying then she passes out and almost dies till Ness comes and saves her could also have this type of music.

I also think the 'main' music theme should not be played throughout the whole game, but rather different music all the time. It may be harder yes, but I don't like to hear the same melody in different styles all the time.
Thats the beauty of smash.
Expertly made musical pieces of classic tunes, blasting away while cartoonish characters beating on realistic ones.
That is the chaos we love to call smash bros.
It doesn't need to change to fit in with next-gen games.
-t2

-Frozen-

Smash Cadet
My thoughts:

#1: Like most people have said im sure, Random tripping needs to be shot in the face.
I dont know what Sakurai was thinking, or who really came up with it, but that person deserves to be shot in the face, along with Random tripping.

#2: Fix the ****ed online portion.
For something that so many of us have been waiting for, (for decades it seemed like for some of us im sure), Brawl's Wi-fi portion was a complete and utter dissapointment. The fact that MK Wii even has better online is even more of a kick in the face.
I can barely get matches with my friends to work, let alone matches with anyone. The lag is terrible and 4-player online matches are pretty much completely out of the question. Which makes you wonder what was even the point of it all then.

Also, if Sakurai DOES make the next Smash Bros. game, he needs to stop acting like he's running a f'king daycare already and stop trying to shove the pacifiers down our throats.

Brawl didn't get online leaderboards or rankings, because he didnt want the people who suck, to have thier feelings get hurt.
Yet, then MK Wii comes out with online ranking and leaderboards... Wtf?
Sakurai is so backwards. He gayed Brawl to make it more child and noob friendly, and totally gave the competitive player fanbase the finger. >=/

#3: Spend less of your development time making a ******** story mode that you play once and forget about forever, and more time on making the multiplayer aspect of the game more balanced and more complete.
Seriously. The Smash Bros series is not some RPG, it doesn't need an elaborate story mode.
Its a f'king multiplayer game, yet i bet anything they spent the majority of the time working on the Subspace Emissary, which is why the rest of Brawl is so Broken, rushed, unfinished, etc.
You can tell something happened on the rest of the game just by seeing that, Hmm.. several characters have the same final Smashes (THREE landmasters? Haha nobody's ever going to let that go... :laugh:), there are still semi-clones in the game, even though this time, they are not for the better. (Sorry Ganondorf and Falco :( ) -and It still would have been nice to see Toon Link's moveset differ completely from TP Link's, at least his specials.

I mean, dont get me wrong, Subspace was pretty fun, and they did a nice job on the cutscenes, but half way through it, I found myself bored to death and wondering when the F*ck it was going to end. It started to feel like i was going through the exact same level over and over again.
I beat subspace once on Day one of purchase as a way to quickly unlock all the characters, and I haven't played it again since.
IMO it's just not worth it. I'd rather have them spend much more time on the multiplayer aspect of the game, which is what made the Smash series so great in the first place. /Rant

Lol, ranting aside, I'd like to see a wider selection of characters in the next game, more newcomers from series that havent been represented yet.
Sakurai said that he didn't want to make another game just to fatten the roster, but c'mon! Haha it's what the people want. :laugh:

Amaterasu from Okami would be a cool addition.
I'd also love to see Bomberman or Megaman in the next Smash game as another 3rd party rep.
If a Square Rep ever DOES make it in, I'd rather see Geno than anyone from Final Fantasy.
Lol, the last thing we need to see is Cloud in Smash a-la Chain of Memories theory. :laugh:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Masked Man, Masked Man, Masked Man. :bigthumbu

...Oh, yeah, and better online wouldn't hurt. :laugh:

Umpadumpalump

Smash Apprentice
Playable Characters:
Rick (Kirby)
Geno
Samurai Goroh
Little Mac
one of the Rays (Custom Robo)
Kalas (Baten Kaitos)
Odama Soldiers (Odama)
any non-sword wielding main character from Fire Emblem, preferrably Ephraim or Hector
Cranky Kong

Assist Trophies:
G-Red (Gotcha Force)
Big Brain Academy Proffesor [I forgot his name]
Some scary crap from Eternal Darkness
John Raimi (Geist)
Odama Soldiers [If not playable characters]
Elite Beat Agents
a Wii Sports Mii for every sport

Stages:
1080 stage
a pokemon stage based on Colosseum or XD
a DK stage based on Jungle Beat
Rainbow Road
Tetris stage
Meteos stage
Eternal Darkness stage [If not assist trophy]
PilotWings stage

Edit: Way more options for stage editor, better online, replays that are actually videos, and more music.

fly666monkey

Smash Cadet
a better adventure mode with voice acting and an intricate story.

Scripting for the stage editor

Begone with the coin launcher

Better online play

More Nintendo (we are beginning to run out of franchises.) and 3rd party characters (Nobody lame, so no Mokap, Digimon, Gex, Blinx, anyone related to disney (save Sora), that dude from "Postal", the village people, Jobs/Gates, Bubsy the bobcat, anyone from Duke Nukem other than Duke Nukem, Error, Tidus, Vergil (DMC), the crab battle "Olio" dude, Beached surfer dude, Speed Racer, Mac, PC, robosapien, the iDog, Captian N, Bam Margera, Fred Flinstone, George Jetson, Bloo, Wee Man, Bugs Bunny, "Cd-i" ANYONE, The Goth Family, My next door neighbor, A walking, talking Game boy, Chris Crocker (LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!), Britney Spears, the guy who made "Numa Numa," the Hobo from "bad day LA," anyone who lives on Beverly hills, Bill O'Riley, Nacho Libre, Jay & Silent Bob, Cartman..............)

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
or mabey mario is a spinof of DK, wasnt the arcade game called donkey kong? not mario.
That was my point. Mario was in Donkey Kong. He then got his own game called Mario Bros and the rest is history.

In essence, the Mario series is an offshoot of the DK series. Mario just happened to be more popular in the long run.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
If I were in charge of ssb4 and could do whatever the hell I wanted with regard to make the game here is what I would do.

First of all, remove the abomination known as random tripping

Key points to consider, It has to stay noob friendly enough to encourage new gamers to buy this game and have fun playing it.
It must be complex enough to ensure longevity and competitiveness of the title so the people still play years from now.
Above all it must be fun to play.

Last of all, I would actually monitor the game after it's release make a few patches the fix anything glaringly wrong that was not found during testing somehow, and maybe even release an Xpac after a couple years.
The first part of this I agree with pretty much.

The second part's ********. SSB4 would probably be released for the next console that Nintendo makes. I REALLY hope that Nintendo doesn't half-arse the graphics card / system / whatever just so their system's compact. Let's face it- Wii graphics blow. 8 years from now, think of how great graphics could potentially be on X box 720 or PS4 (or whatever). If Nintendo continues with its tradition of going half was with graphics, they better have some hella great gameplay to make up for it. Even with all the great games on Wii, something new (other than Brawl) needs to come out to keep me hooked, or I'm going back to my 64, when Nintendo ruled the graphics industry (amirite? I think they did).

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
The first part of this I agree with pretty much.

The second part's ********. SSB4 would probably be released for the next console that Nintendo makes. I REALLY hope that Nintendo doesn't half-arse the graphics card / system / whatever just so their system's compact. Let's face it- Wii graphics blow. 8 years from now, think of how great graphics could potentially be on X box 720 or PS4 (or whatever). If Nintendo continues with its tradition of going half was with graphics, they better have some hella great gameplay to make up for it. Even with all the great games on Wii, something new (other than Brawl) needs to come out to keep me hooked, or I'm going back to my 64, when Nintendo ruled the graphics industry (amirite? I think they did).
you my friend have said perfection.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Let's face it- Wii graphics blow. 8 years from now, think of how great graphics could potentially be on X box 720 or PS4 (or whatever). If Nintendo continues with its tradition of going half was with graphics, they better have some hella great gameplay to make up for it. Even with all the great games on Wii, something new (other than Brawl) needs to come out to keep me hooked, or I'm going back to my 64, when Nintendo ruled the graphics industry (amirite? I think they did).
QFEF

...Half *** the graphics card? It's one thing to say wii graphics suck, but it's another to say they suck and then kid every living soul on the planet and say the playstation and x-box are doing better.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
QFEF

...Half *** the graphics card? It's one thing to say wii graphics suck, but it's another to say they suck and then kid every living soul on the planet and say the playstation and x-box are doing better.
Okay, so, the best graphics on Wii so far are probably Metroid Prime 3. Now, I have no idea what the best looking games on 360 and PS3 are, but I sure as hell know that COD4 has better graphics than MP3 on whichever system you look at (except DS). To try a better example, look at Guitar Hero 3. The PS3 and 360 graphics are great, then the Wii's are garbage. The Wii's are about the same as THE PS2's, possibly worse. I haven't really compared either. Point is, while I generally like the Wii more than the 360 and PS3 due to my love for Nintendo / other system's are too expensive for me, Microsoft and Sony have Nintendo when it comes to graphics.

And to the graphics card thing, I really have no idea how that stuff works, and I shouldn't have opened my mouth about it. Point is, 360 + PS3 graphics >>> Wii graphics

EDIT: thank you joey

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think the graphics for Brawl as it is are fine. The best thing they can improve is the textures should be higher resolution in SSB4, but the polygon count is fine. I don't think SSB4 graphics can compare with next-gen consoles though.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
I think the graphics for Brawl as it is are fine. The best thing they can improve is the textures should be higher resolution in SSB4, but the polygon count is fine. I don't think SSB4 graphics can compare with next-gen consoles though.
Brawl's graphics aren't bad, but imagine the resolution you could get in HD like with 360 or PS3? And don't be pessimistic, maybe Nintendo won't slack on the graphics. Maybe the reason Microsoft and Sony outrank Nintendo in graphics is because they aren't solely a gaming industry? The HD technology and internet technology may be more easily accessible to Microsoft and Sony because they dabble in these things elsewhere, while Nintendo doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom