• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Or they could just do a stage where the gravity works all over the stage, rather than just on the top.
That would make KO's almost impossible, now wouldn't it? Although, fighting underneath a stage and hitting your opponent upwards (downwards) to KO would be neat. Then again, that can happen on Spear Pillar.

Remember how great the stages from SSB64 were? None were all too special. They were all basic stages that were based on their respective derivative series. Melee stretched the stage bounds too much to the point of gimmickness. I would love just basic stages, with some platforms and what not incorporated in to fit with the theme, that reflect the game series that they derive from.

For instance, I would love a lost woods/faron woods type stage that has a forest floor in the center, with a rock ledge on the right side, and a tree with a couple of branch ledges on the left. The stage could be "enclosed" so to speak, similar to Shadow Moses, but to where the floor stretches into the background, revealing other things going on, such as Skull Kid and some Deku Scrubs messing around. Here, I figured drawing out the layout would be easier to explain:

The red lines indicate what you can walk/stand on. The red arrows indicate whether or not the lines that they lay on are walk-off platforms or not. The floating red arrows indicate that despite the platforms below are not walk-off, the space is "walk-off" or able to be knocked through. Also, the tree branch in the top left is a fall-through platform.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Microsoft has worked with Nintendo before since making the XBOX (and will again in the future), so it's not totally out of the question.
They have?

So you mean you want a Galaxy stage that you can walk all the way around, right? Like a big circle, right? It won't work in 2D without a splitscreen. There are insurmountable control issues you'd face in such a situation.
Not like a big circle, a level that's flat on the top and the bottom, with curved sides. Kind of like Pictochat. That's not impossible at all, seeing as though Nintendo implemented it in Galaxy, SSB4 would be no problem.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Alright, it's just an idea. Personally, I think it's a fun one--Smash Bros. is the single greatest mash-up game out there, and there isn't any other way alot of my favorite cideogame characters are ever going to get to be in this, my favorite action game, otherwise. And the whole idea was started by asking--how do you make Smash Bros. fresh?

Even if all you people who browbeated me don't like it...at least give me that much: that it'd be a completely new experience.

On a final note, the companies wouldn't be much of a stretch. In Brawl, Nintendo gathered together musicians from all corners of the videogame world for one game--there's no reason why they couldn't do the same with characters if they tried.
Yeah, it would be a completely new experience. So much that, frankly, I think it'd need to be a new game.

And it'd be much harder to pull together characters than musicians, as they'd almost certainly have to pay good money to their respective companies to get them in the game. It wouldn't really be worth it, especially considering that Nintendo has plenty of its own, free characters to use.

Can somebody tell me, why do people not want characters in? (Except Tingle)

And 2.

Why do some people want some Non-Clone characters removed?
So waitwaitwaitwaitwait, you're questioning why other people don't want so-and-so character in, but at the same time saying you don't want Tingle in? That's just downright hypocritical. Why don't you want Tingle in? He's important to his series as a very recurring character and even has his own game. Not to mention he has a lot of potential for a very unique moveset, and a lot of people would like to see him in.

And people want characters removed or don't want characters in because they don't like the character or think he's unimportant or something along those lines. Or think that if that character is removed it opens up the space for another character for some reason or another. Simple.

As it is, people have their own opinions, and that's ok. As long as you're not hypocritical.
I just can't wait to hear "I don't want Ridley in Brawl cuz he's too big! Kraid for Brawl!" :p That would be hysterical.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
That would make KO's almost impossible, now wouldn't it? Although, fighting underneath a stage and hitting your opponent upwards (downwards) to KO would be neat. Then again, that can happen on Spear Pillar.
Galaxy stage = not possible. I'd love to see a stage like that, and if they can pull it off--awesome. But they can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWSbR5Az2w0

See that? That's how you do "circular" stages in 2D. The camera rolls around to follow your character. But if you keep the camera static, as you'd have to for Smash Bros., then as you run around the stage, you eventually reach the bottom of the circle. At this point, the developers can do one of two things:

1) You stop, and you have to move the control stick in the opposite direction to keep going around in the same way.

2) You keep going, but eventually, if you keep moving around in a circle without movingthe control stick, you'll eventually be going left while holding right.

For reference of this issue in action, see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RksUYpHbSrY

If you've fought this boss, you know that if you run around the area, you naturally adjust your control stick to follow the angle Mario's running towards, which will eventually make him turn around when you don't want him to.

It's a problem they can't fix using the current Smash Bros. system.

C.Olimar788 said:
Yeah, it would be a completely new experience. So much that, frankly, I think it'd need to be a new game.
Well then, so be it!

If Halo can successfully branch off into new types of games, so can Smash Bros.

Pluvia said:
They have?
Not in any real big way, but yes, they technically have. They put an Age of Empires game on the DS, which is a Microsoft Games Studio game.

And Viva Pinata's coming out on the DS this year.

Not like a big circle, a level that's flat on the top and the bottom, with curved sides. Kind of like Pictochat. That's not impossible at all, seeing as though Nintendo implemented it in Galaxy, SSB4 would be no problem.
This'd be fine, and if you add in gravity effects, it'd be pretty cool...it's just not the first thing that springs to mind when you think "Galaxy". But then, I never used to correlate Mute City and Mario Sunshine, so...

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Microsoft, despite being a competitor with Nintendo for the console market, is still a third party. There's no such thing as a fourth party. I really don't think it's probable, but it's not impossible. Microsoft has worked with Nintendo before since making the XBOX (and will again in the future), so it's not totally out of the question.

So you mean you want a Galaxy stage that you can walk all the way around, right? Like a big circle, right? It won't work in 2D without a splitscreen. There are insurmountable control issues you'd face in such a situation.
No. While Bungie, the creators of Halo, is third party (which is why their was the Halo DS concept), Halo has since been bought out by Miscrosoft, which is first party. Unless Microsoft is bought out or joins forces with Nintendo or something, Master Chief simply WILL NOT be in Brawl. And when did Microsoft and Nintendo ever directly work together?

And a Galaxy stage >could< work. It's just work like it would a flat stage, except wrapped around in a circle. Like, if you were on the bottom left would end up moving you right and vice versa. It'd work, it'd just be a bit awkward, like when Spear Pillar turns upside-down. It would be a pain to kill opponents on, though.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
So waitwaitwaitwaitwait, you're questioning why other people don't want so-and-so character in, but at the same time saying you don't want Tingle in? That's just downright hypocritical. Why don't you want Tingle in? He's important to his series as a very recurring character and even has his own game. Not to mention he has a lot of potential for a very unique moveset, and a lot of people would like to see him in.

And people want characters removed or don't want characters in because they don't like the character or think he's unimportant or something along those lines. Or think that if that character is removed it opens up the space for another character for some reason or another. Simple.

As it is, people have their own opinions, and that's ok. As long as you're not hypocritical.
I just can't wait to hear "I don't want Ridley in Brawl cuz he's too big! Kraid for Brawl!" :p That would be hysterical.
Good, someone addressed my issues. And yes I'm well aware of hypocrisy.

Right, for one thing, I didn't mind Tingle, and then I played Wind Waker. How anyone can like Tingle after playing that game is beyond me. He is a selfish, greedy, annoying and unfunny character.

And two, I'll rephrase it.

Why do people not want characters in, who haven't affected them directly?

(E.g. Geno)

EDIT:

And Chief Mendez, read my post regarding the Galaxy stage above!

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace

Right, for one thing, I didn't mind Tingle, and then I played Wind Waker. How anyone can like Tingle after playing that game is beyond me. He is a selfish, greedy, annoying and unfunny character.

And two, I'll rephrase it.

Why do people not want characters in, who haven't affected them directly?

(E.g. Geno)
Yeah, Tingle was TERRIBLE in that game. Except for Tingle Tuner-ing. That was pretty fun.
...I mean, he's a SLAVE driver to his poor brothers. What a jerk.

But I think I get what you're saying. Like, take me for example. I've never played Super Mario RPG, so since Geno hasn't affected me directly, why should I not want him in (keep in mind that this is hypothetical, as I DO want Geno in)? Well, even if a character hasn't affected me, I could still dislike him. Maybe I don't think he has enough "good moves", or that he's not important enough to the Mario series? I can respect it if someone doesn't want a character in, even if the character hasn't affected him or her. But there's a good chance that that person is not nearly as knowledgeable as a person who has been affected by the character, say someone who has played through Super Mario RPG.

The big thing is that the disliking factor is a lot less legit in this situation than in others.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Have you ever played Tingle's rosy Rupeeland? Because you should, before making any judgements against Tingle.

After all, Tingle needs rupees to SURVIVE. If your life depended on a single object, you would obviously demand a lot of it, especially if you're offering your services to some kid who's purpose generally doesn't affect you.
I personally think Tingle is one of the most unique and whimsical nintendo characters ever, and I believe he definitely deserves more respect than he has now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Have you ever played Tingle's rosy Rupeeland? Because you should, before making any judgements against Tingle.

After all, Tingle needs rupees to SURVIVE. If your life depended on a single object, you would obviously demand a lot of it, especially if you're offering your services to some kid who's purpose generally doesn't affect you.
I personally think Tingle is one of the most unique and whimsical nintendo characters ever, and I believe he definitely deserves more respect than he has now.
You'd take Tingle over let's say... Darunia, Darmani, or Darbus? Hell, I'd take a Goron over any other Nintendo character, but that's not going to happen unless the next Zelda game features a Goron as one of the main characters (also not going to happen, but it would fulfill my wildest dreams). Tingle pales in comparison to other Zelda characters. Yeah, he would by far, be the most entertaining and comical character in Smash Bros, but I'd rather take a far more unique character (meaning not Hylian or Gerudo, both of which are human) from the Zelda franchise.

Also, I posted a layout for a possible Lost Woods/Faron Woods stage at the top of the page. I'll be happy to elaborate on the specifics.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
After all, Tingle needs rupees to SURVIVE. If your life depended on a single object, you would obviously demand a lot of it,
I guess that explains it. But why was he charging so much to the boy who broke him out of prison, and who was going to save the world? And why was he making those two other Tingle's rotate a massive sculpture of his head day and night, on an island shaped like his head, instead of going out and hunting for Rupee's himself?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
You'd take Tingle over let's say... Darunia, Darmani, or Darbus? Hell, I'd take a Goron over any other Nintendo character, but that's not going to happen unless the next Zelda game features a Goron as one of the main characters (also not going to happen, but it would fulfill my wildest dreams). Tingle pales in comparison to other Zelda characters. Yeah, he would by far, be the most entertaining and comical character in Smash Bros, but I'd rather take a far more unique character (meaning not Hylian or Gerudo, both of which are human) from the Zelda franchise.
pshh. Whachoo talkin' 'bout Spire?

What other Zelda character has the privilege of their OWN games under their belt? Even Zelda(Unless you count the awesome CD-i games) and Ganon don't have their own games. Not to mention he would posses a much more unique moveset then most other characters in the series. He's the undeniably the 4th most notable Zelda character.(5th, I suppose if you count toon link.) The other characters? The only other Zelda characters who have a slight chance of being in smash are just some oneshot villains. Putting any of them over Tingle is simply blasphemous.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I guess that explains it. But why was he charging so much to the boy who broke him out of prison, and who was going to save the world? And why was he making those two other Tingle's rotate a massive sculpture of his head day and night, on an island shaped like his head, instead of going out and hunting for Rupee's himself?
Cause his panties are always riding his crack. The guy's a nutcase and has his oblong brothers under a seductive tinglesexual spell 24/7, fulfilling all of his strange desires - and he's been working pretty **** hard trying to seduce you also.

pshh. Whachoo talkin' 'bout Spire?

What other Zelda character has the privilege of their OWN games under their belt? Even Zelda(Unless you count the awesome CD-i games) and Ganon don't have their own games. Not to mention he would posses a much more unique moveset then most other characters in the series. He's the undeniably the 4th most notable Zelda character.(5th, I suppose if you count toon link.) The other characters? The only other Zelda characters who have a slight chance of being in smash are just some oneshot villains. Putting any of them over Tingle is simply blasphemous.
There's a reason that Rosy Rupeeland never made it to American shores - because he's hated here. For the record, there are (were) other Zelda characters that stood a chance at the time of Melee's (and Brawl's) release, but since then, the great world of Wind Waker and its following have corrupted the delicious Zelda world.

Look at all of the Zelda greats: Skull Kid, Majora, Impa, the three Goron leaders: Darunia, Darmani, and Darbus, Ruto, Mikau, Ralis (if there's a sequel to TP, I bet you anything he'll have a much larger role), Onox, Veran, Agahnim, Vaati, Koume and Kotake, Zant, Midna, Medli, Makar, Tetra, and many more.

Unfortunately, Tingle has been given the spotlight in (primarily) Wind Waker and Rosy Rupeeland. By the way, Rosy Rupeeland was not even made by Nintendo (but neither were the Oracle games, or Four Swords and Minish Cap from which Onox, Veran, and Vaati derive), so it's a definite spin-off title. All of the aforementioned characters (besides Onox, Veran, and Vaati) were created by Nintendo and have a much more secure seatbelt in my book.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
There's a reason that Rosy Rupeeland never made it to American shores - because he's hated here. For the record, there are (were) other Zelda characters that stood a chance at the time of Melee's (and Brawl's) release, but since then, the great world of Wind Waker and its following have corrupted the delicious Zelda world.
Tingle is only hated in the US because the 90% of the US mainly consists of homophobes, homophobes, homophobes, and homophobes.(Not that Tingle is actually homosexual, but he follows a lot of homosexual stereotypes.)
besides, NoA hates the Mother series,(at least NoA WANTED to release TRR in the US, but NoA plain and simple, HATES everything about the Mother series) but it's still plenty represented in smash.

Look at all of the Zelda greats: Skull Kid, Majora, Impa, the three Goron leaders: Darunia, Darmani, and Darbus, Ruto, Mikau, Ralis (if there's a sequel to TP, I bet you anything he'll have a much larger role), Onox, Veran, Agahnim, Vaati, Koume and Kotake, Zant, Midna, Medli, Makar, Tetra, and many more.
all of which are minor, unnotable characters, only one of which appeared in more than 1 game. and while Majora, Vaati, and the like are pretty awesome, to think they have a ghost of a chance of appearing as a playable characters in a smash game is complete nonsense. Until there happens to be a Zelda character that can achieve actual notability beyond tingle's in the time between now and Smash 4, Tingle is the obvious next pick for a zelda rep. After all, he's the only Zelda character to be an AT.

Unfortunately, Tingle has been given the spotlight in (primarily) Wind Waker and Rosy Rupeeland. By the way, Rosy Rupeeland was not even made by Nintendo (but neither were the Oracle games, or Four Swords and Minish Cap from which Onox, Veran, and Vaati derive), so it's a definite spin-off title. All of the aforementioned characters (besides Onox, Veran, and Vaati) were created by Nintendo and have a much more secure seatbelt in my book.
except Tingle as a character was actually made by nintendo, and is still, once again, more notable than any oneshot villain throughout the series.

Patinator

Smash Champion
This sort of brings me to a theory I've held fora while now: SSB4 shouldn't just add fifteen new characters, ten new stages, some new items, and a new story mode. I'd like to see a fundamental change in the gameplay. So I think they could go two ways with it.

1 - The character list is refined and possibly shrunk. The game engine is refined and deepened--Smash Specials, wavedashing, and other sorts of technical improvements.

I don't know about that. I'm all for L-Cancelling, but every character having a Smash Special... That, and I would want Wavedashing kept out. Depth-giving or not, there's people who can't do it on command. I wouldn't want a game where I'm worse than a person because of my DNA.

2 - Simply put, they add more characters, but simplify the controls and mechanics more. No ground dodging, no smash specials, only two throws, and so on.

So it'd be like Smash 64? XD

But it's just a theory. Thoughts, anyone?

They need to make Luigi's down special the Poltergust 3000. His FS is great as is, but it's so unfair to screw Mario over and leave his brother alone.

Yes.

Maybe one more Sonic character. Probably Tails. But I swear to you all, right here and now, that if SSB4 is flooded with all the sh*t characters Sonic Team has stuffed into the rotting carcass that is the Sonic franchise over the pat ten years...I'm not buying it.

I doubt that. One 3rd Party character per series is enough, if they're even NEEDED.

The running special, now that I think more about it, could work, but I think it should just be a varition of an already existing special, like a charge shot from Samus that comes out faster, or a quickly fired bowshot with Link that deals little damage.

This sounds good, actually.

And one final thing for everyone: stop freaking out about characters being removed. It's probably not going to happen anyway. I'm fully aware of how important each and every character is in their own way, and I didn't actually mean what I wrote about removing them--IT WAS AN IDEA. I love Lucas, too, y'know.

As long as ones that don't need to be in are taken out, who cares. The only example is Jigglypuff and, if Krystal should get in... Falco.

Phew. Comments in bold. o_o

Spire

III
BRoomer
all of which are minor, unnotable characters, only one of which appeared in more than 1 game. and while Majora, Vaati, and the like are pretty awesome, to think they have a ghost of a chance of appearing as a playable characters in a smash game is complete nonsense. Until there happens to be a Zelda character that can achieve actual notability beyond tingle's in the time between now and Smash 4, Tingle is the obvious next pick for a zelda rep. After all, he's the only Zelda character to be an AT.

except Tingle as a character was actually made by nintendo, and is still, once again, more notable than any oneshot villain throughout the series.
Well firstly, I was not stating that any of those characters had a chance (except perhaps Skull Kid/Majora, Midna, and Vaati), but I pointed them out because I would easily take any of them above Tingle. I do not personally find Tingle to be gay, I just don't like the guy. Of course, he'll end up being the next "toon" Zelda character if another is introduced into Smash Bros, with Tetra being a counterpick. Again though, I would easily take any of the aforementioned above Tingle because I just don't dig him.

I like Wolf Link & Midna. And Tetra.

Ultimately, I think they'd be a better choice over Tingle, due to his "hate him or love him" persona.
Wolf Link and Midna would only be acceptable if the Link in the next Smash Bros is based off of a Link from a completely different timeline. We already have two different Links, but the current "Link" is the one from Twilight Princess, and Wolf Link is the exact same character. That's blasphemous to include the same character twice (kind of like having Mario AND Dr. Mario on the same roster - same exact person).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Does anyone think we need more Final Smashes that are actually based off of the character's games. I mean, none of the Mario characters have their Final Smashes appear nowhere in their games. Although, Giga Bowser should stay.

Here are a couple of ideas for different Final Smashes:

Peach: Anger
Yells in anger while she is immersed in a large flame. She can then fight as normal but with fire around her like an all around curry effect. Pressing B has her do a ground pound that creates a shock wave that will put people in the ground.

Toon Link: Finishing Blow
See Wind Waker ending. Character is knocked off the stage instantly.

Diddy Kong: Guitar
Plays the guitar then a giant star emits from the guitar expanding across the stage.

Captain Falcon: FARUKON PAUUUUUUUUUNCH!
Essentially a super version of the original. One character is randomly targeted by the attack and dies by the attack. At the same time as the attack, an explosion the size of a smart bomb's is made.

Falco: Arwing
Shouts, "Personally, I prefer the air." and jumps into an arwing. It can remain stationary or fly around, flip, barrel roll, or shoot lasers.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Like a side special, except you smash the buttons instead of simply pressing them. In other words, a Smash Attack, but with the B button.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace

I don't think that it really matters whether a game was made by Nintendo or not. It's stilla Nintendo game, and therefor just as applicable for Smash Bros.

Anyway, your list of Zelda "greats", as said before, is almost all minor characters that shouldn't get in over a character that has been in almost all recent Zelda games and has the popularity to get his own game (maybe not in the States, but that's one country). The only ones I can see even having a minor chance in are Skull Kid (barely though... he's been actually important in one game, bu appeared in ~three), Impa (though I can't see her getting much farther than a Sheik clone, expecially as she has little source material in the games for a moveset), Vaati (who I think is next in line after Tingle being the second most used Zelda boss chgaracter), and maybe Midna and Tetra (each have been in a single game, but were important in said games. Midna has a lot of popularity for her and Tetra might have been "Toon Sheik").

Quite frankly, though Tingle has a lot of hatred going on in the States, he also has a lot of fanbase elsewhere, as well as importance in the Zelda series.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
I like Wolf Link & Midna. And Tetra.

Ultimately, I think they'd be a better choice over Tingle, due to his "hate him or love him" persona.
i love the idea of wolf link as well unfortunately i dont know if he will be any more games. I have a feeling his chances may disapear with the release of a new zelda game without wolfie in it. The same goes for tetra.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't think that it really matters whether a game was made by Nintendo or not. It's stilla Nintendo game, and therefor just as applicable for Smash Bros.

Anyway, your list of Zelda "greats", as said before, is almost all minor characters that shouldn't get in over a character that has been in almost all recent Zelda games and has the popularity to get his own game (maybe not in the States, but that's one country). The only ones I can see even having a minor chance in are Skull Kid (barely though... he's been actually important in one game, bu appeared in ~three), Impa (though I can't see her getting much farther than a Sheik clone, expecially as she has little source material in the games for a moveset), Vaati (who I think is next in line after Tingle being the second most used Zelda boss chgaracter), and maybe Midna and Tetra (each have been in a single game, but were important in said games. Midna has a lot of popularity for her and Tetra might have been "Toon Sheik").

Quite frankly, though Tingle has a lot of hatred going on in the States, he also has a lot of fanbase elsewhere, as well as importance in the Zelda series.
Here's the thing - Tingle really hasn't held any importance in the Zelda series. He's a complete extra and is not an important character. Why did he get his own game? I don't know, but he did, and that's buckled him in for the ride. Also, if you did not read what I had written, I'm very well aware that the majority of the characters that I listed have no chance of making the cut for Smash Bros, I was merely stating characters that I prefer OVER Tingle.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Here's the thing - Tingle really hasn't held any importance in the Zelda series. He's a complete extra and is not an important character. Why did he get his own game? I don't know, but he did, and that's buckled him in for the ride. Also, if you did not read what I had written, I'm very well aware that the majority of the characters that I listed have no chance of making the cut for Smash Bros, I was merely stating characters that I prefer OVER Tingle.
i think we all prefer anybody over that queer *** fairy elf thing that calls himself tingle, what about agahnim the wizard? what about the zoras, what about the gorons? all of them are way cooler than tingle and actually held importance in the zelda games.

I personally think a mask theme link would be awsome and the best possible outcome for a new zelda rep. But unfortunately i dont think that will happen :( As far as tingle is concerned i dont think we have anyting to worry about. As many have already said he is VERY VERY unpopular over here in the states. And im guessing sakauri does listen to us over here.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
well i wish...

-for better online
-more characters
-better story

and the character i support the most is

-Megaman

even though i dont consider myself a megaman fan or anything i think he has the biggest chance to get in SSB4

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Here's a really silly and only half-serious idea

A Smash spinoff with Mario characters against Sonic characters

Think about it...

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy, Shadow, Rouge

Might be fun or a piece of dogcrap like Olympic games was but it was just a passing thought hehe.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
I vote for a faster game speed and overall less floaty

Knuckles

better online

I also think it is way too early to talk about this, since sakurai said he would CONSIDER making the next smash bros in the DISTANT future...But thanks for containing this to one thread.

Not that ANYONE cares what i have to say...

Krug

Smash Cadet
-Better Wifi
-A story with Tabuu's return
-Return of Dr.Mario

New Characters I want to see:

-Crash Bandicoot
-Ray 01
-King K. Rool

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's a really silly and only half-serious idea

A Smash spinoff with Mario characters against Sonic characters

Think about it...

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy, Shadow, Rouge

Might be fun or a piece of dogcrap like Olympic games was but it was just a passing thought hehe.
While I personally am not too fond of a Mario vs. Sonic game, I do enjoy, however, the idea of a Smash Bros spin-off. Personally, I would love to see the following:
  • Super Smash Bros. Racing, and...
  • Super Smash Bros: The Legend of Zelda
Super Smash Bros. Racing would not at all be a Mario Kart clone. Think of it as if you took the characters from Smash Bros, warped their movesets to apply to racing, and saddled them up in whatever vehicles would work for each. Rather than depending on items and powerups like in Mario Kart, you would basically be fighting the entire time while racing. Mario could shoot his fireballs, pull out the F.L.U.D.D., which would be attached to his kart, Kirby, while riding on his warpstar, could suck in others, and spit them out, also copying their special, Link, while riding Epona, could attack with his sword, bow, bombs, and gale boomerang, etc, etc. Of course, items would be implemented, but as pick-ups by smashing crates and barrels, etc, on the road.

A Super Smash Bros: Zelda edition would pleasel my weasel like no other. Strictly Zelda characters, all stages are based off of areas from the Zelda games, all items straight out of the Zelda games, everything. Even the story mode could be canonical, or just a big mash-up.

globiumz

Smash Apprentice
I already posted something like this, but I decided update it a bit. Main stuff I want are some new characters, some removed, better physics, better stage creator, improved balance, better online, new moves for some veterans and maybe new modes.

Let's start off with Samus. I feel that Smash doesn't accurately represent her at all. Since when did Samus use a firethrower (Plasma beam is different) and charge up huge balls of energy? Her moveset certainly needs some work. More beams for one, and more option for her range game. Samus weight should be increased, her running speed slowed, her jump height increased by a bit and noticable "boost" animation on from the booster on her back from the second jump.

Remove the A and put in a spammable and weak power beam instead. You can run around and charge at the same time. Full chage time is three seconds with four levels, each requiring another second of charging.. First is uncharged, which counts as a different move than charged so it doesn't lead to diminishing returns. Second charge level deals more damage, but still no knockback. Charge level three is a moderately good KO move with higher damage. Charge level four is a move with great KO potential and damage. The beam looks like the power beam from prime. The uncharged shot travels at the same speed as in Prime, while at higher charge levels the size increase a bit but it also slows down a bit.

Her screw attack should help her recover horizontally instead of just vertically. Her missiles should stay spammable, both increased with 2% damage. The homing missile's speed is increased, plus it's better at homing and it stays longer on the battlefield. The power missile's explosion and hitbox both increase. Utilt gets a more laggy and powerful ooking animation, along with some KOing potential.

Neutral B becomes the ice beam with Fusion like animations and freezing enemies at certain damage/charge levels. To balance it with the power beam it deals little knockback and is moderately wrse at damaging. Uncharged, it freezes at 140%, level one at 120%, level three at 40%, and level four at 20%. Opponents with higher damage stay frozen longer. Opponent gets invincibility frames after defreezing, to avoid infinites. This move is primarily an utility move. It shares traits of the power beam like being chargeable while running around. Like in fusion, there are three beams. Hitting with all three has the best effect of course.

Down B is now morph ball form. It's kinda faster, but becomes much faster when using charging side B for boost ball. A is regular bomb drop, now useful for bomb jumping and slightly buffed in damage from Brawl. Holding in R charges up a power bomb with three seconds charge time. Once it's fully charged, you may release i whenever you want, but you will loose the charge if you revert to normal with down B. It has ab ig range and deals decent damage and knockback in the outer range off the epxlosion, but the core is where it is at, having lots of knockback and damage. This move has start up lag. Neutral B lays bombs that explode after three seconds, being a bit weaker in knockback and damage than Brawl Snake's grenades. Samus can lay three a once, but can't holde 'em like Snake.

Her usmash should be firing a plasm beam instead. Change it to Samus crouching down and firing a moderately wide plasma shot, with fusion like animations. It goes quite distance upwards, and eventually vanishes. It doesn't cover the same range horizontally as her originale usmash but it can penetrate multiple enemies. Same with her other move using the flamethrower, only making it weaker.

Now on to Mario. He got majorly nerfed in Brawl so add back the power to his smashes. His fireball gets more lag, gets bigger, a bit more range, actually bounces like it did in Super Mario Bros, instead of just half rolling across the ground. I also want to see more alt customes for him, like frog suit mario.

His up B becomes the rocket FLUDD from Sunshine. It goes in a diagonal path, not straight upwards or sideways. To differentiate it from Diddy's recovery, it auto charges for half second before firing Mario away. You can't bend it like Diddy's recovery but the start up lag is short and it goes longer than Diddy's uncharged, but short than Diddy's fully charged. During his "flight" Mario has a sweetspot directly infront of him with great KO power. The FLUDD also spurts water behind him and those hit will be pushed away, just like the down B.

Luigi got buffed in Brawl. A few things should be made more moderate, and I hope he gets some new moves. For example, reducing the lag on his up B while also reducing it's KO power. Since Mario got the FLUDD, Luigi should get the Poltergust 3000. Neutral B becomes a moderate to fast moving ball of either fire, ice, or water (random). Fire causes damage over time thru burning. Ice encases the opponent in ice at higher damage levels. Water pushes them back.

Yoshi could use a bit more Ko power on his smashes and down B. Also more priority on some of his aerials and side B. Slightly reduced lag and slightly increased range on neutral B and throws. His shield sucks so he gets faster rolls, and the jump out of shield ability.

I believe Ragnell has the ability to shot shockwaves in PoR, but this wasnt't kept in Brawl. Therefore, his neutral B should now cause an earthquake and bury those in range, kinda like DK's side. This should make it easier to hit and combo with Ike. Longer charge time = longer time spent in the ground for those hit. Reduced knockback on his fsmash. I also want to give him something else than counter for his down B.... But I dunno what the heck to put there. I also wish I could come up with soemthing for Lucas, but I never played any of the Mother games.

Will add more latter.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
HEI GUYS, I FOUND TEH PERFECT NAME.

Name:
Super Smash Brothers: Royale
Or
Super Smash Brothers: Battle Royale

Possibly: Super Smash Brothers Brawl: (INSERT ADVENTURE MODE NAME HERE)

Brawl is the best name IMO, but Battle Royale is nice too.

MOAR Characters:

Geno
Isaac
Roy
Micaiah
Ridley (MELEE VERSION TINY)
Claus
Krystal
Sylux (CMON, HES IMPORTANT, SKRAI!)

Also, Geno would be cool.

Ilex

Smash Ace
The thing is though, the name has to have a synonym for a public fight. 'Fray' or 'Clash' are some of the better names I've heard.

Super Smash Bros Disagreement ftw.

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
"Super Smash Bros. Physical Conflict of Various Emotions & Opinions"

MOAR characters?

Waluigi
Samurai Goroh
Little Mac...

*** it. All the Assist Trophies of Brawl should be playables in "SSB:pCoVEO".

And Megaman, Roy and Viewtiful Joe. Yes.

Spire

III
BRoomer
HEI GUYS, I FOUND TEH PERFECT NAME.

Name:
Super Smash Brothers: Royale
Or
Super Smash Brothers: Battle Royale

Possibly: Super Smash Brothers Brawl: (INSERT ADVENTURE MODE NAME HERE)

Brawl is the best name IMO, but Battle Royale is nice too.

MOAR Characters:

Geno
Isaac
Roy
Micaiah
Ridley (MELEE VERSION TINY)
Claus
Krystal
Sylux (CMON, HES IMPORTANT, SKRAI!)

Also, Geno would be cool.
Geno - No, no, no, no. Unimportant and undeserving.
Isaac - Yes please.
Roy - Completely unnecessary. When there are so many more Fire Emblem characters to choose from, why chose this dead character? He was a clone, he was cut, he's out for good.
Micaiah - A great example of one of "those other Fire Emblem characters".
Ridley - No. Do not lower his level of epicness.
Claus - Eh, he would only be considerable if FE gets another rep (and that's not a replacement rep, but an additional one).
Krystal - A bogus, worthless Starfox character. Leon please.
Sylux - Quite possibly the most uninteresting of the hunters. Why not Rundas? Or Ghor? Sylux is not important at all. Just because
his ship was seen in the 100% ending of MP3 does not mean he's important as we've yet to play the game in which he returns

The thing is though, the name has to have a synonym for a public fight. 'Fray' or 'Clash' are some of the better names I've heard.

A SSB on DS would either be called: Super Smash Bros. DS (SSBDS) or Super Smash Bros. Duel (reminiscent of Dual-Screen).

I'd say "Clash" is the only plausible title. Fray is too... eh, just say it aloud; it doesn't work. At least Super Smash Bros. Clash have two rhyming words which keep it a bit more cohesive.

Peeze

Smash Master

I think thats exactly what sakurai did. Synonyms for public fight from Thesaurus.com:
alarm, altercation, assail, attack, battle, brawl, broil, chafe, clash, combat, commotion, conflict, contest, dispute, donnybrook, feud, fracas, frazzle, frighten, melee, panic, ravel, riot, rumpus, scuffle, shred, skirmish, spat, strain, tumult, unravel

I lol'd

I think thats exactly what sakurai did. Synonyms for public fight from Thesaurus.com:
alarm, altercation, assail, attack, battle, brawl, broil, chafe, clash, combat, commotion, conflict, contest, dispute, donnybrook, feud, fracas, frazzle, frighten, melee, panic, ravel, riot, rumpus, scuffle, shred, skirmish, spat, strain, tumult, unravel

I lol'd
That has to be the new name i can just imagine the annoucer now....."Super Smash brothers DONNYBROOK!!!!" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom