• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGYDK

Smash Rookie
Why bother splitting the game? Why not have the simplistic controls and maneuvers with the advanced techniques to be discovered? Ala, Melee. I'm assuming that you're splitting the two so that casuals can have their watered down fighting game while fighting enthusiasts can have a real fighting game. However, casuals and enthusiasts aren't liking to mix anyways and an enthusiast can always a) find other enthuasiasts or b) dumb down their play with casuals.

I just don't think we need an uncomplicated Free for All version. The (theoretical) beauty of smash should be that it's simple to learn, difficult to master.

Although i agree with what you said, i must say, i agree with the one you quoted more. I've talked about it with some other Brawl gamers before, and we've all been able to agree on one thing. Random wifi battles needs a 1vs1 option, so that us competitive players dont have to hope to land a 1vs1 against someone good in the FFA area. because how often does that happen, really. I've played my fair share of random wifi brawls, and my younger brothers play them all the time, and i've noticed that its very unlikely. Out of me, and my two younger brothers, none of us have ever ended up in a 1vs1 with someone a good skill level to play against. I think, for ssb4, it would be a good idea to add a "1vs1 play" option, where people can go and look for one other person to fight against with rules (3 stock no items). It would be good for those who want to improve, but cant seem to get a fight, and it would be fun for some people who are just tired of the random FFA's. Dont get me wrong, the FFA's are fun, and i have a lot of fun doing them even if i need to tone down the skill level i play at, I just think that it's needed to have a second option.

Thats just my opinion on it, and im not even sure if i just blabbed about the right thing or not, for all i know, i could have miss read, but thats just my opinion on that particular matter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on a diffrent note: I made this a while back on another site, i figure since this topic is here i may as well put 'er up. Yes, i do realize he's super broken XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Name: skull kid

Character's Move Set

Specials

Standard Special (B): like lucarios aura sphere, but charges and fires faster, at the cost of some power

Side Special: taile shoots quickly out infront of skull kid pretty far and hits anything infront. weak attack but might cause the enemy to trip. if this attack hits at the farthest point, it does more damage.

Up Special: levitate- skull kid darts in any direction very quickly, reaching only a bit more then falcos B up. its a very fast move but gives little knock back if it hits the opponent. but, if it hits the enemy at the VERY end of the move, it gives good knockback and hits harder.

Down Special: skull kid pounds on the ground with his foot and shoots a circular sphere of energy out that surrounds him and hurts anyone close enough toughing it, it also protects skull kid from some projectiles

A moves

Standard A: A-skull kid quickly punches AA-skull kid then quickly punches with his other arm AAA- he then does a quick round house kick, last one has most knock back and damage of the three.

Over smash A: a whip of energy comes out and hits the enemy, it has good distance, a bit shorter then ikes sword. does less damage of course. but its a pretty strong move, and sorta fast, probably one of his slower moves.

Up smash A: skull kid puts his hands up into the air and shoots a wave of energy upwards (does not go up very far though) and sort of traps the enemy in it until the move is finsihed (sort of like zeldas up smash) gives good knock back

Down smash A: skull kid smashes his foot onto the ground sending shockwaves to each side of him, giving great knockback and is the strongest move skull kid has.

Over Tilt: quickly sticks his arm out to the side and hits who ever happens to be there, at the end of the open hand is a small ball of energy, getting hit by that does a little bit more damage and causes more knockback then just being hit by the hand.

Up Tilt: tatle jumps up out of skull kid (somewere i dunno) and hits whoever is above, it has good reach upwards.

Down Tilt: skull kid kicks the ground a little bit forwards of where he is standing and in that direction. (sort of like he's trying to kick someone in the shin) it could cause tripping.

Aerials

Neutral Air (Nair): skull kid flails his arms to the sides knocking people who get hit by it away (sorta good knock back.)

Forward Air (Fair): leans forward in the air a bit and sticks out his arm and hits the enemy (a strong attack, skull kids arm is engullfed in energy)

Back Air (Bair): sort of like the Fair, but sends the enemy upwards.

Up Air (Uair): while in the air, his foot glows and does a side ways backflip in the air hitting whoever is above. depending on how the attack hits depends on where the enemy is knocked to. for example. if you hit with the begining of the kick, the enemy will most likely fly off to that side. if you hit from the middle (highest point) the enemy is shot straight up, causing better knockback. if you hit from the end of the kick (when skull kid is coming back around from the kick) it will most likely send the enemy that way (this attack has about as much knock back as the beginning of the attack but causes the most damage of the three spots).

Down Air (Dair): skull kids spike. he stops where he is in the air (sorta like how ness stops in the air) spreads his legs apart and puts his arms together and points them down towards the bottom of the screen, a blast of energy (not reaching to far away from skull kid) comes out and with a strong hit, sends the enemy straight down.

Taunts

Right/Left Taunt: skull kid flots on the spot and crosses his arms.

Up Taunt: tatle flys out and quickly flys around above skull kid then flys back into skull kid.

Down Taunt: skull kid starts jumping around in a circle doing that funny dance thing he does, while tatle jumps around above him.

Final Smash: well if it even needed to be said, he calls the moon down to crash into the stage.

skull kid is the fast, agile type, like metaknight but just not as good at racking up damage and such.
speed for getting the hits done (all of his attacks are fast) and he has pretty good strenght too (more then metaknight/sonic) but is light and easy to kill. his roll is pretty fast. his first jump is about as high as marios first jump, and his second jump is about as high as fox's. He is floaty like lucario.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Just wanted to say this.

For people who say competitive Smashers should play a real fighting game, I hope they know that THEIR IS NO OTHER GAME LIKE SMASH!

Now back on topic, I just want L-canceling, hitstun, and Kirby Copying entire B-movesets. Everything else is extra. ^_^

WestCoastNinja

Smash Cadet
A system of move canceling similar to chain comboing in most traditional fighting games would be great. It's basically taking the IASA concept and fine-tuning it so that you can quickly cancel one move into another easily. An added mechanic for reducing knockback on successfully chained moves would help make the combo work.

Moves would need to be buffered quickly for this to work. Full knockback would occur when the player doesn't continue the chain (either by screwing up or reaching the last possible movein the chain), making chain combos

One idea would be...

Jab > Jab (buffer an f-tilt during jab) > f-tilt (buffer an f-smash) > f-smash (with full knockback)

A good idea for a basic chain would be something like...

Jab to any tilt
Tilt to any other tilt (works once)
Tilt to corresponding smash

A full chain example

Jab > f-tilt > d-tilt > d-smash

Air chaining, I'm thinking...

N-air to any other aerial
F-air or b-air to vertical aerial
U-air or d-air to any horizontal aerial
Any aerial to n-air

Example:
n-air > f-air > u-air > n-air

B-chaining...

Any tilt to any special move
Any aerial to any special move
Any smash to UpB

I'm always one for character variety, so chaining might vary between character. Some may have extra chains, some may have fewer depending on balance issues and such. Chains require buffering and somewhat quick hands but I'm thinking hit confirming in chains would work well, making doing chains a skill that can be learned without a whole lot of difficulty.

Certain moves can also be jump-canceled, meaning you can interrupt a ground move's animation by simply jumping, allowing you to start an air combo if you can.

Any ideas or responses?
We need you to be in charge of the next ssb game. That combo system would kick so much a$$....

NKCell

Smash Cadet
There's no way we'll be getting a real combo system in Smash. The most we can hope for is hitstun to return, and if it were, I'd expect that it would have the same "move decay" that damage and knockback have.

Also, I agree, WiFi is terrible. There's no reason why you can't have a 1vs1 with randoms. Or be able to turn items off. Or to have a stock battle instead of a 2 minute brawl. Actually, you know what, Nintendo really dropped the ball with online.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Hm.

New characters?

Ashnard (from Fire Emblem)
Birdo
Bomberman
Dixie Kong
Dr. Eggman
Dr. Wily (?)
Geno
King K. Rool
Knuckles
Krystal
Mallow (?)
Megaman
Mewtwo (get back, Lucario!)
Ridley
Shadow
Sigma
Tails
Waluigi
Zant
Zero (from Megaman X)

More stage builder stuff. If they're gonna make it they have to make it HUGE, and diverse!

Better Adventure mode! More paths to take, different storylines, etc.

Even MORE stages! (I was not disappointed in the stages on Brawl, but more would be hardcore)

And last but not least:
Don't make it the last SSB! I heard that the next one might be, and I'm scared.

LilWeegi

Smash Cadet
yeah the online is HORRIBLE but it's online and you don't have to play with randoms, but i thought that too.. why not have 1v1 option online, i turned my items off for 4 player but for some reason some online nooby loves all the items on high with final smashes so wifi vs randoms is worthless... no way to judge skill level... pick sonic and wait for the final smash... 3 kills will most likely win you an online 2 minute game! why not have stock even timed stock, or a legit internet connection with no lag... like ps3... it's free and runs wireless on your houses wireless internet or can be plugged into a phone jack with like 0 lag

characters i'd like to see are

tails
bomber or megaman
waluigi
Boo
Toad
idk who else really who do you guys hope to see?

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this was talked about alrerady, but was anyone else bummed out that Little Mac was an Assist Trophy? I really wanted him to be playable. Punch-Out!! was a great game. :(

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Dr. Eggman
Geno
Shadow
Waluigi
these character choices right her FAIL! reasons for each:

Dr. Eggman: yea I agree he would be cool and all but I doubt he'll get a spot since he's like 3rd party so Sonic is good enough

Geno: my ****ing GOD!! why does everyone want this ******* in Smash, he's only been in one ****in game, there are way other 3rd party characters who are bigger icons such as Bomberman & Megaman who deserve it way more than this guy.. so NO!

Shadow: one word CLONE!, he can easily be one of Sonic' alt. costumes, nuff said.

Waluigi: this guys has to be the worst character suggested EVER! that's right I don't like him, and I don't see him working in seeing that he's never had an actual role in a game, other than sports and party games that is, so any moves would only be sports based which would not work at all

gantrain05

Smash Master
Hm.

New characters?

Ashnard (from Fire Emblem)
Birdo
Bomberman
Dixie Kong
Dr. Eggman
Dr. Wily (?)
Geno
King K. Rool
Knuckles
Krystal
Mallow (?)
Megaman
Mewtwo (get back, Lucario!)
Ridley
Shadow
Sigma
Tails
Waluigi
Zant
Zero (from Megaman X)

More stage builder stuff. If they're gonna make it they have to make it HUGE, and diverse!

Better Adventure mode! More paths to take, different storylines, etc.

Even MORE stages! (I was not disappointed in the stages on Brawl, but more would be hardcore)

And last but not least:
Don't make it the last SSB! I heard that the next one might be, and I'm scared.
did u seriously take the time to alphabetize your list? oh yeah, and no Zant too many zelda characters already.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, guys. All this thread has been is countless new character lists followed by agreements and disagreements on why these character belong or don't belong. It's beginning to be an infinite repeat.

Does anyone have anything new to bring to the discussion instead of "Mega Man for SSB4!!!" or "Here's 4,000 reasons why Geno should be in the game!"?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, guys. All this thread has been is countless new character lists followed by agreements and disagreements on why these character belong or don't belong. It's beginning to be an infinite repeat.

Does anyone have anything new to bring to the discussion instead of "Mega Man for SSB4!!!" or "Here's 4,000 reasons why Geno should be in the game!"?
The way this game is designed pretty much leads to many people hoping for characters for SSB4. If it was a different type of game like an open-sand box type shooter where you steal cars, then I guess there could be a lot of other things to talk about besides characters but since this game is about Nintendo/3rd party all stars duking it out then that is the focus.

I suppose one can talk about other features like SSE or trophies or new game modes or whatnot but not many people get excited about those things so much. The biggest core of the game for many people I think is pretty much the playable characters themselves. Not the trophies, the stages, the assist trophies, cheat codes or even the graphics, but the playable characters.

Yes I wish though that SSB4 is much more than simply just Brawl with 15-20 some new characters added in.

Grunt

Smash Master
Since Nintendo is trying out the whole 3rd party thing, let's throw in Magneto, Cable, Sentinel, Ken, Ryu, and Morrigan.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm gonna bring up something I mentioned a while ago in this thread, just to see what people who are reading it now think.

What if Kirby could gain abilities not only by swallowing other players, but by swallowing certain items:

Hot Head / Fire Flower = Fire Kirby
Unira = Needle Kirby
Beam Sword = Sword Kirby
Ray Gun = Laser Kirby
Freezie = Ice Kirby
Any Bomb = Bomb Kirby
Wheel from Wario's Bike = Wheel Kirby
Waddle Doo from D3 = Beam Kirby

Etc.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
I'm gonna bring up something I mentioned a while ago in this thread, just to see what people who are reading it now think.

What if Kirby could gain abilities not only by swallowing other players, but by swallowing certain items:

Unira = Needle Kirby
Beam Sword = Sword Kirby
Ray Gun = Laser Kirby
Freezie = Ice Kirby
Any Bomb = Bomb Kirby

Etc.
Well, players would get upset especially since a lot of competitive people don't use items. Basing a character's strengths on specific items may be a little unfair. Still, great idea! I would love it, and I personally play with items. It may actually make me pick up Kirby once in a while.

NKCell

Smash Cadet
Well, players would get upset especially since a lot of competitive people don't use items. Basing a character's strengths on specific items may be a little unfair. Still, great idea! I would love it, and I personally play with items. It may actually make me pick up Kirby once in a while.
Non item players wouldn't really care since it's not that these abilities would make or break Kirby. They'd just be extra pudding on the cake.

That being said, that's a lot of work for one single character. Balancing issues would be the biggest setback for this idea but, given enough time and a big enough team it would be pretty cool.

WhoIsMrBlack

Smash Cadet
Why bother splitting the game? Why not have the simplistic controls and maneuvers with the advanced techniques to be discovered? Ala, Melee. I'm assuming that you're splitting the two so that casuals can have their watered down fighting game while fighting enthusiasts can have a real fighting game. However, casuals and enthusiasts aren't liking to mix anyways and an enthusiast can always a) find other enthuasiasts or b) dumb down their play with casuals.

I just don't think we need an uncomplicated Free for All version. The (theoretical) beauty of smash should be that it's simple to learn, difficult to master.
Because, the GAME WASN'T INTENDED FOR THAT. Nintendo did not put in all these little ATs so that the people who devoted themselves could rise up above those who only saw Smash for its unique fast-paced multiplayer brawling action that can't be seen anywhere else. Nintendo didn't add these to the game to make it more 'deep' or 'competitive'... they are small overlooked game mechanics that people have exploited to a huge extent and used to say 'were COMPETITIVE, were BETTER than you, you are a N00B, we are the people who are REALLY playing the game because we can do all this extra fancy stuff that requires SKILL and REFLEXES'
Grats to you guys, you put all the effort in Melee and probably won a few tournaments and such for it. That's all well and good, but it's time to leave that behind. Brawl took a lot of that out for a reason, and they're not gonna bring it all back for SSB4.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
You don't know what Nintendo has planned for SSB4 (considering they've plans), so don't just assume it will be more tripping BS. At the very least, they'll give back hitstun.

And if SSB4 DOES become another "every1 wins" game, we can continue playing Brawl/Melee (preferably Melee) at tournies.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

Unira = Needle Kirby
Beam Sword = Sword Kirby
Ray Gun = Laser Kirby
Freezie = Ice Kirby
Any Bomb = Bomb Kirby

Etc.
I personally like the idea, although since in most tournaments people don't use items, it might be a problem on the competitive scene.

globiumz

Smash Apprentice
I want a new taunt for CF. His up taunt is so lame. Instead of just burning, he should put up his fist (which burns) while saying: The power of PAAAUUUNCCHH!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
ducky285 said:
Yeah. But you can't really discuss this stuff anywhere else on the forum, so...just slog through the muck until you find a few things worth quoting, then go to town on 'em.

metaXzero said:
For people who say competitive Smashers should play a real fighting game, I hope they know that THEIR IS NO OTHER GAME LIKE SMASH!
Off the top of my head: Battle Stadium D.O.N., Jump Ultimate Stars, Power Stone, BLEACH DS the 2nd, and Naruto: Clash of Ninja (2, Rev, etc.).

Granted, only two of those games are in English, and one of them is quite obscure, and none of them employ the "ringouts only" style that Smash Bros. does, but they're all 4-player FFA games with items and (excepting Power Stone) rosters made up of a gathering of fighters from large, long-running franchises.

Anyway, I...don't think I meant to say that "if you don't like simple games, go play something else". Really it just irks me a little when I see people wanting a game that rivals a 2D, 1 vs. 1, sprite-based fighting game in complexity, and using Brawl's less-than-ideal stance in that area as an excuse.

I really don't think Smash needs to be any more complexified, beyond a few general ironing-outs. Everyone should have a Side Smash Special, tripping needs to go (except in some extreme cases), and hitstun should be back. Anything beyond that is either clerical stuff, or full-on additions to the game.

Also, 1 vs. 1 matches (duels) would be a great thing for online. But then, SSB4's online mode should allow you to create Random Rooms, and as you set the rules, people join in, like in 99% of online computer games. So technically, if you wanted a duel, you could just cut-off all entrants after someone else joins your room.

If Ninty's up to snuff by SSB4's time, they might even have different lobbies for different sets of gamers, a la certain XBL games.

Now back on topic, I just want L-canceling, hitstun, and Kirby Copying entire B-movesets. Everything else is extra.
Wait...you're suggesting that when Kirby copies Mario, his B becomes Fireball...but his Up+B becomes SJP, Down+B = F.L.U.D.D., and Side+B = Cape?

God**** insanity.

globiumz said:
Instead of just burning
Is that what he's doing? I always assumed he was trying defecate all over his opponent--what could be more humiliating?

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
these character choices right her FAIL! reasons for each:

Dr. Eggman: yea I agree he would be cool and all but I doubt he'll get a spot since he's like 3rd party so Sonic is good enough

Geno: my ****ing GOD!! why does everyone want this ******* in Smash, he's only been in one ****in game, there are way other 3rd party characters who are bigger icons such as Bomberman & Megaman who deserve it way more than this guy.. so NO!

Shadow: one word CLONE!, he can easily be one of Sonic' alt. costumes, nuff said.

Waluigi: this guys has to be the worst character suggested EVER! that's right I don't like him, and I don't see him working in seeing that he's never had an actual role in a game, other than sports and party games that is, so any moves would only be sports based which would not work at all
Completely agree with you about Geno. Shadow could have his own original moveset using power from the Chaos Emeralds like Chaos Spear and such. Waluigi, yeah, he's a dumb character, but he completes Wario (as creepy as that sounds). Eggman would be cool, but I agree he doesn't have much of a chance.

NKCell

Smash Cadet
Because, the GAME WASN'T INTENDED FOR THAT. Nintendo did not put in all these little ATs so that the people who devoted themselves could rise up above those who only saw Smash for its unique fast-paced multiplayer brawling action that can't be seen anywhere else. ...stuff...Brawl took a lot of that out for a reason, and they're not gonna bring it all back for SSB4.
You are so right, how could I have been so lapse in my judgement. Of course Nintendo didn't intend for l-canceling. Thank you for bringing us the divine will of Nintendo unto us.

The oft quoted existence of comboing was originally a mistake that game developers brought into video games because it was so successful. There's no reason why Nintendo can't bring back some advance techniques. That's why I have my fingers crossed that it's not Sakurai doing the next SSB.

Personally, I want hitstun to return but for it to suffer from move degradation like damage and knockback. I want a middle ground between Melee's ridiculous comboing system and Brawl's complete combo void. I also want a grab break so that, should something be over looked (like DeDeDe's chain grabbing) this mechanic can stop infinites without meticulous testing by the programmers to make sure everything is balanced (because, apparently, Nintendo doesn't want to spend a lot of time balancing :\).

I also want tripping gone (save as an effect of attacks). What a ******** edition. Even "casuals" think it's stupid.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
In response to Chief Mendez's moveset of Phoenix Wirght a few pages back:

I really liked it, but using evidence from specific cases wouldn't be a bad idea. Let's see, what can I think of here...Somethings that follow have some PWAA spoilers, so proceed witch caution!:

-The Thinker as a badgering weapon that reads the Wii's time 1 in 100 hits.

-The Samurai Spear as a badgering weapon

-Cody's Camera

Something along these lines...

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
This is a B/Final Smash moveset I made for Isaac from Golden Sun, back in '07. I never got around to making full moveset for him, but oh well.

B: Ragnarok - Isaac lifts his sword in the air with both hands. Above him, the massive Psynergetic sword of Earth Psynergy will form. Isaac will then swing down at a diagonal angle, driving the sword into the ground and making an explosion. This move can be charged up. 10-35% damage.

Left/Right + B: Flint - Isaac jumps forward and unleashes the power of the Djinni Flint, the rock cleaver. This move does solid damage and has high knockback. Isaac can move after this move too, so it can be used as a means of recovery.

Up + B: Retreat - Isaac lifts his arm up with his palm facing the sky. He will then turn into a glowing sphere of yellow light and move quickly in the direction of the joystick. If an enemy is in the way of Isaac's path, Isaac will unleash a blindingly fast slash that will cause 2-5% damage. The range of Retreat is roughly equal to that of Zelda's Farore's Wind.

Down + B: Quake Sphere - Isaac thrusts his sword into the ground with both hands, creating an earthquake. The range of Quake Sphere is a bit longer than that of Venusaur's Earthquake attack from Melee. Hold on to the B button to make the attack last longer, but it won't last longer than 6-8 seconds. It does about 4-7% damage per hit.

Final Smash: Judgment

Isaac points the Sol Blade into the air, which them glows a golden color and fires four golden orbs into the air; four of the Venus Djinn. The view changes to the sky, which shows the Djinn converging. The screen will flash white briefly, then fade to reveal the might of the apocalypse, Judgment. Judgment will aim his lion cannon down towards the stage and fire that familiar blue orb of energy to the ground. The view shifts back to the stage, where the energy orb will land wherever Isaac is standing and detonate into a brilliant blue explosion. Anyone hit by it will keep taking multiple hits as the explosion expands, finally dissipating after the last hit inflicted, which has high knockback.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
In response to Chief Mendez's moveset of Phoenix Wirght a few pages back:

I really liked it, but using evidence from specific cases wouldn't be a bad idea. Let's see, what can I think of here...Somethings that follow have some PWAA spoilers, so proceed witch caution!:

-The Thinker as a badgering weapon that reads the Wii's time 1 in 100 hits.

-The Samurai Spear as a badgering weapon

-Cody's Camera

Something along these lines...
They're fine ideas, and for some reason The Thinker is a quite popular idea, but I tried to stay away from those because all of them only appear once or twice throughout the 12 cases Phoenix stars in throughout the series, not counting the stuff he does in Apollo Justice.

And besides, none of those really work for a lawyer--where would he ever have picked up on how to fight with an actual weapon?

Fortunately, these little nods to the fans can still be worked in. Simply paste a JPEG of each item (along with a bunch of profile pictures and other pieces of evidence) on the papers Phoenix throws as his Side+B.

Oh, and are you sure you're using the word "badgering" properly? Mayhaps you meant 'bludgeoning'...

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Starting:

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Samus
Ridley
Pit
Ice Climbers
Little Mac
Kirby
Isaac
Character from a franchise that doesn't exist yet
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (three new Pokemon)
Fox
Ness
Captian Falcon

Unlockable:

Luigi
Bowser Jr.
Captian Syrup
Geno
Another incarnation of Link
Character from the upcoming Zelda Wii
Starfy
Sukapon
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Falco
Wolf
Leon
R.O.B
Marth
Ike or a different FE character
5th gen Pokemon
Lucas
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Charizard
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Black Shadow
Captian Olimar

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Non item players wouldn't really care since it's not that these abilities would make or break Kirby. They'd just be extra pudding on the cake.

That being said, that's a lot of work for one single character. Balancing issues would be the biggest setback for this idea but, given enough time and a big enough team it would be pretty cool.
Yeah, I can see the balancing being a bit of a problem. Half the trouble of Kirby's Inhale is that you have to be able to get close enough to your opponent before you can solidify a B move. Perhaps they could make swallowing items take a little longer, and glorify the gaining of the copy ability, so you'd have to make sure you were clear of enemy attacks before you could do it. Aside from that, it's really just the work of programming in the copy abilities, which I'd think they could do relatively easily.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Yeah, I can see the balancing being a bit of a problem. Half the trouble of Kirby's Inhale is that you have to be able to get close enough to your opponent before you can solidify a B move. Perhaps they could make swallowing items take a little longer, and glorify the gaining of the copy ability, so you'd have to make sure you were clear of enemy attacks before you could do it. Aside from that, it's really just the work of programming in the copy abilities, which I'd think they could do relatively easily.

Well, Kirby IS Sakurai's baby, so he/she may end up getting special treatment. Hey, Sakurai is convinced that Kirby is on the same calibur as Mario (see N64 trailer and SSE fight) so I could see it happening.

___Kelleno102___

Smash Rookie
What Would I want in SSB4.....
First of all WAYYYY more villians. Yes, Vilians Like Geovanni for Poke'mon (like PT, Meowth and Mewtwo + 1 other)Black Night, Waluigi, Porky for Earthbound (Boss Form in SSBB take off all but 4 arms, and Hav them attached to the canister. No Head.), Bowser Jr, Black Shadow, Dark Samus, and King K. Rool. Heroes Like Issac, Birdo, Dixie Kong, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi(team). Cloud and Megaman 3rd Parties(along with Snake and Sonic). Clones Have New Movesets. Some Parts of Stages are Destructable and Never come back During Match. More Nintendo Like Story Ur in Hyrule and The Mushroom Kingdom Plus others, But with Mixed Up Characters (Samus And IC on Distant Planet type Pikman Place).

That's It.

After Writing That, this is Me :dizzy:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
What Would I want in SSB4.....
First of all WAYYYY more villians. Yes, Vilians Like Geovanni for Poke'mon (like PT, Meowth and Mewtwo + 1 other)Black Night, Waluigi, Porky for Earthbound (Boss Form in SSBB take off all but 4 arms, and Hav them attached to the canister. No Head.), Bowser Jr, Black Shadow, Dark Samus, and King K. Rool. Heroes Like Issac, Birdo, Dixie Kong, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi(team). Cloud and Megaman 3rd Parties(along with Snake and Sonic). Clones Have New Movesets. Some Parts of Stages are Destructable and Never come back During Match. More Nintendo Like Story( Ur in Hyrule and The Mushroom Kingdom Plus others, But with Mixed Up Characters (Samus And IC on Distant Planet type Pikman Place).

That's It.

After Writing That, this is Me :dizzy:
No One from Final Fantasy 7.

Mewter

Smash Master
I want Mewtwo for what he really is. I want a Fire Blasting, Lightning Blasting, Mind CleaningMewtwo that can octoople jump. And has a super jump like pit. And has reflect and light screen. I want Mewtwo. Not something that looks like him.:laugh:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, Kirby IS Sakurai's baby, so he/she may end up getting special treatment. Hey, Sakurai is convinced that Kirby is on the same calibur as Mario (see N64 trailer and SSE fight) so I could see it happening.
1) Kirby is a boy.

2) It wouldn't have to be special treatment. They'd just have to balance it.

3) I'm pretty sure the point of those fights was putting the two biggest mascots of the companies (Nintendo and HAL) in the main fight.

PS: On a totally random note sparked from that, did anybody else go back to check the 64 video after playing SSE. I did, half expecting to see everyone clash up at the end like this:

Mario and Kirby
Samus and Pikachu
DK and Fox (yeah, I know, it was Diddy in SSE, get over it)
Link and Yoshi

I was rather disappointed when I watched it and they weren't matched up like that. :p

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I want Mewtwo for what he really is. I want a Fire Blasting, Lightning Blasting, Mind CleaningMewtwo that can octoople jump. And has a super jump like pit. And has reflect and light screen. I want Mewtwo. Not something that looks like him.:laugh:
You deserve a medal.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
You are a frickin' genius.

I suppose I should repost my ideas on what needs to be in SSB4...

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Crazy ideas aside, what I want to see out of Brawl in terms of game mechanics...

- Different levels of hitstun on various moves allowing for better combo potential.
- Push blocking/shielding
- Air grabbing
- Sweeping without random tripping
- Reduced effectiveness of projectiles (for the sake of promoting less campy, more aggressive play)
- Useful taunts (a la Third Strike)
- Analog shielding with full shields being more like the ones in Brawl
- No chaingrabbing or infinites (hard to do because stuff slips through more often than not)
- Increased effectiveness of grabs for KOing or comboing.
- Reverse smash attacks (different from f-smash)

That's all I got

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Eliwood with Durandal (the giant dragonslaying sword of FE7) as an alternate outfit for Ike.

A laguz from FE:poR or FE:RD to join the fray. Tibarn would be excellent because he is so epic. Just some ideas for his specials:
Neutral B- Shriek
Shrieks to stun foes in range. Longer range than Sing.
Side B- Swoop
Jumps and then quickly descends into a U shaped arc. Helps in recovery and does damage. Does not leave Tibarn helpless.
Up B- Take Wing
Flies into the air vertically, doing no damage but knocking struck enemies back (achieving a FLUDD like effect), helps in vertical recovery. Does not leave Tibarn helpless.
Down B-
Shift (Human) or Revert (Hawk)- Can turn into a hawk for up to 30 seconds using Shift. Revert can be used to deduct any seconds saved by using it from Shift's recharge. This does leave Tibarn helpless if used in the air.
Final Smash- Tear
Anyone hit by Tibarn will be struck for heavy damage and knockback (comparable to Critical Hit). A Fire Emblem life bar will appear showing the massive 3x damage just like Critical Hit. The crucial difference is that Tear uses a larger version of Swoop for its hitbox making a giant U shape.
Oh and Naesala could be an alternate outfit to satisfy the goths. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom