• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Agreed. I wouldn't mind Leon, but Krystal is just so much more unique.
I'm sorry but this made me lol. Krystal is another fox, while Leon is a lizard that could have his own fighting style involving wiry lizard movements. Don't give me the pole argument because you can't base a whole moveset off one weapon (A pole at that) or you'll end up with another ZSS.

Leon could as I said have his own sleek and fast movements that are unlike that of any other Star Fox character. He's also a chameleon so invisibility or camouflage could be part of his moveset too.

Also look at the trend:
64:1 Star Fox leader
Melee: 1 Star Fox leader, 1 Star Fox sidekick
Brawl: 1 Star Fox leader, 1 Star Fox sidekick, 1 Star Wolf leader
SSB4: 1 Star Fox leader, 1 Star Fox sidekick, 1 Star Wolf leader, 1 Star Wolf sidekick

Fill in the blanks and Leon should be in, not Krystal.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but this made me lol. Krystal is another fox, while Leon is a lizard that could have his own fighting style involving wiry lizard movements. Don't give me the pole argument because you can't base a whole moveset off one weapon (A pole at that) or you'll end up with another ZSS.

Leon could as I said have his own sleek and fast movements that are unlike that of any other Star Fox character. He's also a chameleon so invisibility or camouflage could be part of his moveset too.

Also look at the trend:
SSB4: 1 Star Fox leader, 1 Star Fox sidekick, 1 Star Wolf leader, 1 Star Wolf sidekick

Lets do a score that matters:

Krystal
Pros
Female
Actual importance to the plot (not just some *** wipe assassin who works as Wolf's lackey)
Can use a staff with multiple weapon attachments
Would likely have a much more althetic moveset than Fox's (Krystal with a staff just screams gymnist to me)

Leon
Chameleon (yes he has camaflouge... great something that could easily be broken... and isn't that already implemented in the form of the CLOAKING DEVICE!?)
Assassin style movements... isn't Sothe another possible SSB4 character? And I highly doubt Nintendo will properly implement such movements... you'll end up with a dagger using Marth.

Looks like Krystal wins.

Veggi

Smash Champion

Also look at the trend:

The thing is, calling it just a pole isn't right. It has alot of abilities and Krystal could use them, so hopefully we wouldn't have a bunch of repeat moves with minor differences. Fire Krystal? Krystal reflector? I've had enough of that. Krystal could have movements that are unique to her character the same as Leon. The trend you listed might not even exist. This one makes alot more sense.

Mario=Main Character
Luigi=Sidekick
Bowser=Villian
Peach=Love interest/sidekick/female character

Fox=Main Character
Falco=Sidekick
Wolf=Villian
+
Krystal=Love interest/sidekick/female character

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman

Krystal
Pros
Female
Actual importance to the plot (not just some *** wipe assassin who works as Wolf's lackey)
Would likely have a much more althetic moveset than Fox's (Krystal with a staff just screams gymnist to me)

Leon
Chameleon (yes he has camaflouge... great something that could easily be broken... and isn't that already implemented in the form of the CLOAKING DEVICE!?)
Assassin style movements... isn't Sothe another possible SSB4 character? And I highly doubt Nintendo will properly implement such movements... you'll end up with a dagger using Marth.

Looks like Krystal wins.
I think you summed it up really well. Spire III would probably not be happy with it. But I like Krystal for many of the reasons you put down over Leon.

Also, I rethought about Petey Piranha as a character. He'd look cool in theory because he is a bad guy, and he is not an animal nor a human or robot. He is a PLANT! I think that'd be a good idea because he'd be a different type of character altogether with a very different type of moveset. But I would have trouble figuring out how he would work. How would we walk or jump? Would he be connected to a giant pot of some sort and he just hops when he jumps with his pot he's attached to? It'd look really silly and some say it'd look gay but I think SSB4 should be about really wierd characters like this. Although he probably would have a lot going against him. King Boo wouldn't work because he'd be a flying character who never need to touch the ground like Pit or Jigglypuff does, he'd just be perpetually floating the entire match. I'd surely like a character that wasn't a talking animal that walks upright, a human, a pokemon, or a robot-toy like character.

I also like Sukapon because of the way he looks. He looks 100% different than every other character and acts differently too, and big contrasts are better than small ones.

Ilex

Smash Ace

Krystal
Pros
Female

Leon

Looks like Krystal wins.
Your points are extremely biased against Leon. If they Give Krystal her masturbation pole with an athletic moveset she would be a ZSS clone, ultimately. She may have been important in recent games but Leon has been in the series since the beginning and Sakurai is known to favour older characters. Having a ****** isn't a pro, females are always going to be outnumbers since video games are usually targeted towards males.

Now about Leon. His camouflage wouldn't be broken because no one said he can attack whil using it. The idea I had a while back is that Leon can become invisible for however long he wants except he can't attack while invisible. What he can do however is slowly move around the stage (As slow as Ganon if you just barely tilt the analog stick). And being an assassin would be reflected in his movement and animations, not just his attacks. He wouldn't even use a dagger.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wish I could write down my opinion but I can only do this since there are no words to describe it:

*facepalm*

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Your points are extremely biased against Leon. If they Give Krystal her masturbation pole with an athletic moveset she would be a ZSS clone, ultimately. She may have been important in recent games but Leon has been in the series since the beginning and Sakurai is known to favour older characters. Having a ****** isn't a pro, females are always going to be outnumbers since video games are usually targeted towards males.

Now about Leon. His camouflage wouldn't be broken because no one said he can attack whil using it. The idea I had a while back is that Leon can become invisible for however long he wants except he can't attack while invisible. What he can do however is slowly move around the stage (As slow as Ganon if you just barely tilt the analog stick). And being an assassin would be reflected in his movement and animations, not just his attacks. He wouldn't even use a dagger.
Yes Leon is older but he has spent this extra time being really obscure and unimportant. All he does is taunt Falco... Go on... Tell me I'm wrong.

And no she would not be a ZSS clone. Noone said that Krystal would be given stun, or a dair that can easily SD. Krystal could be much more unique than that.

And your logic about video games being targeted towards males only points in Krystal's favor. These days, when a video game wants to appeal to a male audience what does it do? Oh yeah, thats right. It puts a hot chick in who causes the "unwanted" effect of 12-year old boys buying the game. If you think I'm wrong.... 3 words.... Zero Suit Samus.

I will admit however that I phrazed my argument against his style a bit wrong. I wasn't trying to imply that he actually uses daggers, but the effect achieved would likely become very similar to a dagger using Marth. Lately Nintendo has been half ***ing a lot of things. Thats how Snake came to be the way he is.

2PIMP

Smash Rookie
yeah, it'll probably be another 6 or so years before they'll make another smash, that is... If
it even happens. They practically had to beg the creator to do a third in the series.

Which is sad, cause I really like these games.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
Well, I dont have the time to read all 158 pages of this, so my suggestions have probably already been said, but here goes.
When playing online, you should go to a "room" where everyone else who is online is there. Theres a button to create games and other to see the games and join them.

More Metroid characters!!! ZSS does not count as a second character for the series, its still samus. I suggest Dark Samus (she wont be a clone, I have a move set for her that makes her unique), Rundas or Ridley (ofcourse, he would have to be scaled down).

A much better stage builder. Here's an idea (assuming this will be on wii): you get your blank stage area to start with, pretty normal right? but instead of placing blocks, you use the wiimote or cube controller and actually draw lines and shapes that become the terrain, making crazy designs possible. There will still be the blocks, ramps, moving platforms and whatnot if they are so desired.

Other ramdon characters I would like to see: the Black Knight(Fire Emblem), shadow or knuckles, skull kid with majora's mask.

No more stupid stages like new pork and hanenbow. Lets have more practical stages that people would actually play on.

Oh, and bring back the bonus points that you get at the end of a match like in melee. Playing a match to get bonus point raher than kills is really fun.

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
As far as new characters go, two or three of the assist trophies could easily be made into full-fledged characters, as no doubt has been mentioned. Here's hoping...

And I think we'll have to wait until the next console for another SSB game.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The hell are you talking about? The series was started in Japan by Miyamoto and others. The only game not made in Japan was Adventures.
Uh, I'll just let Wikipedia cover this one.

Wikipedia said:
The game company Argonaut worked closely with Nintendo during the early years of the NES and SNES. They developed a prototype of the game that they had running on the NES, initially codenamed "NesGlider", which was inspired by their earlier 8-bit game Starglider and then some weeks later on a prototype of the SNES. Jez San told Nintendo that this was as good as it could get unless they were allowed to design custom hardware to make the SNES better at 3D. Nintendo said yes, and San hired chip designers and made the Super FX chip, the first 3D graphics accelerator. So powerful was the Super FX chip that was used to create the graphics and gameplay that they joked that the Super Nintendo was just a box to hold the chip.

Argonaut brought the idea of using space ships, and Nintendo suggested the "arcade-style shooting" element of the game. Yoichi Yamada, a level designer for many Nintendo games, laid out and edited the Star Fox maps with a great attention to detail.
If you're interested more in this, there's a whole section covering StarFox's development in Chris Kohler's book GAME OVER.

I'm probably over-exaggerating when I say that the Japanese didn't buy it because the programming and graphics were done by British folk, but...well, for whatever reason, they're not big fans of it.

Also, StarFox 2 was developed by those same Brits, and Command as well. So in actuality, the only SF games that were Japanese-made are 64, Assault, and...that's it.

Anyway, take that as you will.

Chris Lionheart said:
Next you can expect to have someone say Geno followed by some Gokus and Narutos.
Goku for SSB4.

Falchion- said:
Chrono Trigger DS is coming soon, so it kinda tells me that Nintendo and Square are on friendly terms, so I'm sure they wouldn't mind lending Nintendo Geno and Mallow, since they're not even used. An SMRPG DS is even possible.
Chrono Trigger is coming out, so characters from a different game are more possible. Makes sense to me!

Chrono for SSB4.

Also, a SMRPG on DS is highly unlikely, as the game's been ESRB'd for Virtual Console.

MetaRidleyX said:
No more stupid stages like new pork and hanenbow. Lets have more practical stages that people would actually play on.
Hey, I like New Pork City.

And I know Hanenbow is an annoying stage, but...well, you wouldn't feel that way about it if you'd actually played Electroplankton.

--------------

Here's the best chart for this whole Leon v. Krystal idea.

Follow me closely on this, I know it's a bit complicated.

...Ready?

Krystal

Pros: Boobies.

Leon

Cons: No boobies.

Problem solved, Krystal wins. Everyone can shut up about it now. :bee:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

You're into foxes? Opinion not counted.
Females, I think....

Krystal's "pole" is a staff, which no other playable character has wielded to this day. Not to mention it has magical abilities, etc. And you can't really base a trend off of two games, not to mention one that doesn't really have a "pattern". Krystal would also be far from a Zero Suit Samus clone (w/ the staff at least).

As much as I like the character, I don't think she'll make it into another Smash game, much less with a staff moveset.

EDIT: Leon? He's just a random pilot who just enjoys being strange. Lately, there haven't been too many original movesets pulled out of nowhere (ie Capt. Falcon).

MPH Deku

Smash Journeyman
Krystal woulld be a lot better than Wolf. Mostly because she's not a clone, like he is.

And don't give me the fur-girl bulls***, it's not like Lucario was held back for that reason.

Connorhj

Smash Rookie
If they do make a new one I think they should defiantly bring back some of the old characters, like Roy with a new moveset, replace Lucario with mewtwo and scrap Jiggly Puff altogether. For new characters I would like to see in it some more sonic characters, preferably Knuckles or Shadow and I know a lot of people say he would be a clone of Sonic, however there's a lot they could do with him, such as chaos control, chaos spear, use of guns etc. Isaac should be in the new one and also some Tales of characters such as Lloyd. Online gameplay should be improved too.

Foda

Smash Apprentice
Replace the random square with ditto. Give the character it becomes funny eyes and a slightly heavier weight. Also, you can play through classic/all star as ditto, being a different character every match, and you get a ditto trophy.
this is an awesome idea

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
Krystal woulld be a lot better than Wolf. Mostly because she's not a clone, like he is.
Wolf has almost nothing in common with Fox or Falco.

Things I want to see in SSB4:

MORE HITSTUN
Reasoning: More hitsun would allow for more combo potential rather than trading blows with overly defensive players.

Megaman, Tails but no one else from Sonic, Dark Samus (But nothing like the current Samus moveset), Viewful Joe, Cloud.... maybe, Chrono or Issac not both, The Black Knight, Gannondorf with a big sword, another character that would be similar to Pokemon trainer with lots of variety.

Big One:

Alternate costumes:

Let me explain what I thought they should have done in the first place. Rather than waste time with creating entirely new characters why not simply allow an alternate look? For example, a pretty cool looking character in Mario Kart is Dry Bowser. No one says you need to come up with anything different move-set wise but much like Wario's costume change you could just switch Bowser to the Dry Bowser option. I doubt it's even that hard to program a color change in his fire breath or something. The same could be said of Marth and Roy. Just make Roy an alternate costume.

I want to be able to fight underwater. It'd be pretty frickin' sweet.

Yeah, I think that's all...

EDIT: Silly me, I forgot, Carnage from Spiderman should definitely be in there.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord

And don't give me the fur-girl bulls***, it's not like Lucario was held back for that reason.
But Krystal sucks.....

JK though, Wolf is more important than Krystal. Krystal shouldn't replace anyone.

Snafu

Smash Cadet
On the issue of the engine (I know, it hasn't been discussed in 100ish pages, but this is THE SSB4 thread, so...), anyone else with me in saying that the footstool jump should be kept? After all, casual players don't complain about it, and if you let someone pull it on you without USmashing their smug face in comp play, you deserve the humiliation!

Tripping though, should be gone. So gone it is erased from history (if tripping spontaneously vanishes from all Brawl matches, I want it noted that I called it).

Stage-wise, I whole-heartedly agree with the proposition way back on this thread of a poll of what stages to keep.

Roster-wise, I don't think anyone should be cut (hell, everyone from Melee should return, with the possible exception of Young Link due to Toon Link's existence), but anti-clone should be applied in spades. New characters should preferably bring something new in their moveset, or at the very least a (VERY) different balance to other characters. Also, regarding 3rd parties, I don't think that there should be more characters from Sonic/MGS, but more variety introduced. However...

I am all for the inclusion of characters as alternate costumes, maybe with a different graphic 'feel to their attacks. For example:

-Blood Falcon for the Cap
-Dr Mario for Mario
-Daisy/Rosalina for Peach
-Wart for Bowser
-Shadow/Silver (uurgh, even thinking about that load-time-fest makes me ill) for Sonic
-And so on...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Yeah footstool jump needs to be kept. Vertical Spacing is a cool technique.

We need more hitstun as well... but no wavedash.

Sounds like a compromise to me. :)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Resident Smash Genius said:
Viewful Joe
Sh*t yeah, son. This is everything I require from SSB4, really. I'd forgive aerial tripping if Joe was included.

-------

Alternat characters are a fun idea, but really...I don't think it'd be worth the effort to make models for those characters without just full-on cloning them. You'd have to change voices, names, taunts, cheers, and trophies. Also, Wart? As a Bowser alt? Really?

-------

TWILTHERO said:
But Krystal sucks...
Hey, easy! There are kids reading this, y'know...

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
next topic (it appears as if the war of Krystal vs Leon has subsided...for now) is do you think that 64 and Melee stages will return to SSB4 (I didn't include Brawl there cuz Brawl stages will be in the next smash 4 sure)? Everyone (including me) was hoping for Saffron City to return. It sounded like the Link castle level was up there, too. Stage builder helped the nostalgia of Saffron City, but the lack of the Pokémon box thingy and the lack of the theme of Pokémon (having "Silph Co" and pretty colors lol and such all over the place didn't quite cut it).

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
If anything from melee continues, I'd expect Temple for sure, maybe PS1 and cut PS2, and Onett.
I leave out FD because that's in for sure.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
N64 Congo Jungle needs to return, as does Saffron City. Everything else is either already a Melee stage, or not worth it/should be updated ("Hyrule Castle" should be in SSB4, but as a different stage, without random tornadoes...).

Melee stages: Corneria, Hyrule Temple, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Mushroom Kingdom I, Peach's Castle, and Fourside.

It would be neat to have all those stages get a new coat of paint, but it'd also be really neat to have hi-def Wii2 characters fighting on a totally unchanged N64 stage.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yes! You win. How Onett got the spot over Fourside... I may never know, and if I come to know, I will never accept the reason as legitimate.
I suppose they didn't want the whole "bright lights, big city" thing to be redundant, what with New Pork and all.

I just like the stage for playing with the funky physics on the UFOs. Otherwise, the thing can be pulled off exactly the same in Stage Builder...

...which makes me think of something. I think, for SSB4, the developers should only bring back stages that couldn't be reasonably made with the Stage Builder, which will be vastly improved anyway. This would cut out Saffron City, Peach's Castle, and Fourside from my list, as (aside from a single stage hazard each) all can be made to scale in the Stage Builder.

Certain Brawl stages would be cut due to this as well. Delfino, Eldin, Castle Siege, Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Shadow Moses, 75m, Lylat Cruise, Skyworld, and Luigi's Mansion could be cut, assuming SSB4's Stage Builder allows for designation of destructible objects and transitional stages (i.e. make three or four separate stages, then combine them).

So ideally, all the official stages in SSB4 would be highly original, totally unique experiences, rather than a generic platform setup with a neat stage hazard thrown in (I'm looking at you, Norfair). FD and Battlefield would stay, though. It's tradition by now, and they're not difficult to make, anyway.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Meh, reading this kinda made me want to post what I would like to see in Smash 4 (if there is going to be of course).

- Characters: Well, returning veterans and also newcomers.

Returning: Mewtwo, Roy (decloned, or like in some cases, new B Attacks), Dr. Mario (alt, wouldn't work as separate character), Pichu (part of some character i'm about to suggest.

Newcomers:

* Isaac (Golden Sun)
* Krystal (Star Fox)
* Masked Boy/Claus ( -your- MOTHER 3)
* Lyn or Sigurd OR new Fire Emblem Protagonist (Fire Emblem series)
* Bowser Jr. (Mario series)
* Female Pokemon Trainer (with Pichu, and two more Pokemon)
* Ridley (Metroid series)
* Vaati (TLOZ series)
* Dixie Kong (tag-up with Diddy Kong)
* Deoxys (If Mewtwo will return, then another antrophobic Pokemon should be in, whoo!)
* Megaman (3rd Party, personally, I prefer his X design...)
* Felix (Golden Sun series)
* -insert random WTF character here- (Can't think on one, must be from an unshown series to Smash)

Hm... that would make 16 Characters (unless you count the Female Trainer as 3, then it would be 18) and with the returning Brawl Veterans (35, OR 39 if you count transformations...) that would make... 51 characters!? Oh man, well, better rethink of it, but i'm in fanboy mode, so... meh.

- New Assist Trophies (the imagination IS the limit).

- Bring more old scenarios, like Fourside (I LOVED that stage), if possible, make them for Downloadable Stages.

- New Adventure Mode.

And well, the rest... I don't know, maybe I could think later on it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
DLC is certainly a much more possible process for SSB4, seeing as Nintendo's already planning on offering DLC in this generation. Old stages would be a great thing for the service, as are trophies and stickers (sold in packs of, like, 10 trophies and 100 stickers for three or four bucks). Downloadable characters should not happen though.

Also, "Female Pokemon Trainer?" The practice of packing three characters into one convenient slot is fine, but let's not get redundant. If you must stuff more Pokemon into the same character, replete with one less special move than every other character...well, that's what Pokemon Trainer's there for. Just let the player choose which "team" of three Pokemon they want to use.

That said, I'm totally against the idea. They shouldn't clone one of the most original characters in the game. Any new Pokemon should be stand-alones. It's pretty smart to reckon on Plusle and Minun (as a paired character), and if you add back Mewtwo and a fifth gen rep, you're set.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Sothe and Micaiah

Universe:
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (FE10)

Symbols:
The standard FE character symbol.

Availability:
Available From The Beginning.

Story (spoilers):
Sothe and Micaiah met when Sothe was but a child. Since then they have been close friends. Micaiah may appear to be younger than Sothe, though she is really much older. In her veins flows laguz blood that makes her age slowly. Micaiah also has many gifts in the forms of a healing touch, futuresight, and the ability to hear the voice of Yune (the goddess of Chaos, who her bird is named after.) Sothe serves as Micaiah's guardian and can always be found near her. At the end of Radiant Dawn they get married if you keep their A rank support with each other.

Wii-Mote Sound:
The spell incantation that Micaiah uses in The Escape cutscene to blind her enemies and aid in her and Sothe's retreat (its written like this: Ekarif Magae Teiodasto leraka.)

Outfits:
Default (the ones in the picture). Counts as red alternate.
Blue. Micaiah gets her Light Sage outfit. Sothe is unchanged.
Green. Micaiah gets her 3rd class outfit. Sothe is unchanged.
Default 2. Micaiah is unchanged. Sothe gains his Whisper outfit.
Blue 2. Micaiah gets her Light Sage outfit. Sothe gains his Whisper outfit.
Green 2. Micaiah gets her 3rd class outfit. Sothe gains his Whisper outfit.
*Outfit selection is based mostly on Micaiah
*When more than 1 Sothe (using the same outfit type) are present in the same match, the 2nd will be wearing red clothes, the 3rd blue clothes, and the 4th will be wearing a dimmed version of the green outfit.

How they work as a team:
Both Micaiah and Sothe will always be together on the screen, much like Nana and Popo. These are their differences:
Sothe is responsible for most A attacks.
Micaiah is responsible for specials and some A attacks.
Micaiah cannot be harmed (all attacks aimed at her hurt Sothe instead due to his Guard ability.)
Micaiah and Sothe can not be desynched (or desynching will have little to no benefit.)

Things to remember:
When using them-
Micaiah can heal Sothe with Sacrifice.
Try to keep Micaiah from getting hit. Her damage is redirected to Sothe.
Micaiah's Fortune Teller ability helps improve your defensive game.
Try comboing with Sothe and finishing with an aerial or with Thani.
When facing them-
Target Micaiah when possible. Its harder for the opponent to protect her than Sothe.
Try to prevent Sacrifice from being successful if possible.
Sothe is best in the air.

Specials (all specials are used by Micaiah):
Neutral B- Yune
Micaiah's pet Yune flies out straight forward and starts pecking the enemy. This works just like a single thrown Pikmin (without fire, electricity, poisin, etc. effects) except that it also stuns the enemy in place while they try to throw Yune off. When Yune is knocked off, he flies back to Micaiah and returns to hiding in her scarf.

Side B- Sacrifice
Micaiah places her hand on Sothe and uses Sacrifice to heal him for 10% damage. Has to much ending lag to spam without being punished.

Up B- Thani
This move has 2 effects.
When used on the ground:
A large area around Micaiah is surrounded in a huge glowing light dealing 10% damage and good knockback.
When used in the air:
The ground effect occurs AND Micaiah and Sothe jump out of the blinding light holding hands a distance in the controlled direction. This can bring them back to the stage or if it takes them to the edge, Sothe will grab the edge with one hand while holding on to Micaiah, and will then pull them both up.

Down B- Fortune Teller
Micaiah sees the future, allowing them to evade a coming attack. This has a preperation effect, allowing you to apply it before entering combat. It will last until the fortune comes true (you are hit). Only one fortune can be active at a time. The full effect of Fortune Teller (beginning to available dodge) takes roughly as long as Ike's counter (maybe a little longer).

Normal Attacks:
Dash Attack- Pounce
Sothe pounces on the foe and punches them. Low knockback. 8%
A- Stab
Sothe stabs the foe for low damage. 3%
A,A- Slice
Sothe slices the foe with the dagger across the chest for higher damage. 5%
A,A,A- High Kick
Sothe kicks the foe in the head, causing decent knockback. 4%

Situational Attacks:
Get up attack- Break Dance
Sothe does a quick break dance on both sides. 5%
Ledge attack- Team Slide
Sothe pulls himself up to the ledge and performs a sliding kick. He also pulls Micaiah up and she does a sliding kick, doubling the range. 5%

Tilts:
Forward- Slash
Sothe slashes forward with both daggers. Average tilt. 8%
Up- Handstand
Sothe does a handstand and kicks the foe for low knockback. Great range. 7%
Down- Trip
Sothe trips the foe in the direction he is facing with one leg. 7%

Smashes:
Forward- Flip
Sothe kicks the foe and then propels himself off of them, flipping in the air gracefully. This looks much like the flip in The Escape cutscene of Radiant Dawn. This has very high knockback, but a punishable amount of lag. 10%
Up- RexAura
Micaiah shoots her RexAura spell above Sothe. This has high knockback but its range isn't much to envy. It has an extended duration. Comparable to Zelda's Up Smash. 13%
Down- Team Effort
Micaiah fires a Shine spell at the ground in one direction. Sothe performs a two leg trip in the other direction. This has decent knockback (though low for a smash) on Sothe's side and high knockback on Micaiah's side. 12% Micaiah, 8% Sothe

Aerials:
Nair- Team Spin
Sothe and Micaiah throw each other around 360 degrees. This is a pretty average Nair. 8%
Fair- Air Slice
Sothe slashes forwards with his dagger. Low range but pretty good knockback. Comparable to Pit's Fair. 10%
Bair- Whisper's Dive
Sothe does a flip over Micaiah's head and does a kick comparable to the spike in Samus's down special. This spikes the foe downwards and to the direction of the kick. 10%
Uair- Team Toss
Sothe stands on Micaiah's hands and Micaiah throws him into the air. He then does a flip kick. This move has great range and good vertical knockback at its sweetspot. Depending on where the kick hits, you can also be knocked backwards or forwards. 12%
Dair- Falling Sothe
Sothe dives downwards and strikes with both daggers, creating a spike comparable to Marth's Dair. 11%

Grabs/Throws:
Grab- Sothe grabs the foe by the neck.
Grab Attack- Light
Micaiah fires her light spell at the foe striking for weak damage. 3%
Forward Throw- Roundhouse Kick
Sothe Roundhouse kicks the foe forwards. High knockback throw. 7%
Back Throw- Toss
Sothe tosses the foe backward. Subpar knockback. 6%
Up Throw- Team Throw
Sothe throws the foe upwards. Micaiah fires an Ellight spell at the foe increasing knockback. Highest knockback throw. 7%
Down Throw- Assassinate
Throws the foe downwards and then pounces on them, striking them with his dagger. Bad knockback. Can't be chained. 10%

L/R Button:
(Note both Sothe and Micaiah activate defenses)
Shield- A Fire Emblem barrier staff effect appears over both Sothe and Micaiah. This works just like a normal shield. The barrier dims when it gets weaker.
Sidestep- Both Sothe and Micaiah evade to the side while holding hands.
Forward Roll- Sothe and Micaiah roll forward while holding hands. Double the normal roll range.
Back Roll- Micaiah jumps back and Sothe does a back flip over her head.
Aerial Dodge- Pretty much the same as Sidestep (just in the air.)

Final Smash:
Yune's Blessing-
Yune possesses Micaiah and transfers her power into Sothe's weapon. Sothe glows with blue fire while blessed. Sothe is free to be controlled during this period and is invinceable. His attacks have increased knockback.

Entry:
Micaiah warps in while reading her light magic tome. Sothe walks out of her shadow and in front of her.

Taunts:
Up- Yune flies around and starts pecking Sothe. Sothe says "Stupid bird... ouch ouch I take it back!"
Side- Micaiah enters her "praying pose" and Sothe enters a ninja pose.
Down- Micaiah starts reading her tome and Sothe sheathes his daggers.

Idle Pose:
Micaiah starts tossing around a ball of light magic while Sothe sharpens his daggers.

Victory Pose:
Shouting in unison "For the Dawn Brigade!", both Sothe and Micaiah cheer.

Stats:
Height- Sothe 4/5 Micaiah 3/5
Weight- Sothe 2.5-3/5 (medium light) Micaiah N/A (can't be hurt)
Traction- 5/5
Average Attack Speed- 4/5
Average Power- 3/5
Jumps- 4/5
Final Smash- 3/5
Average Range- 2-3/5
Average Priority- 3/5
Movement Speed- 4/5
Dodges 4/5
Crawl- Yes
Wall Jump- Yes
Wall Cling- Yes, 3 seconds. Sothe clings to the wall while holding on to Micaiah.

Pros:
Many attacks are fast and combo well.
No lack of killing moves.
Thani has great range and knockback.
Yune helps stop approaches.
Micaiah can heal Sothe with Sacrifice.
Fortune Teller adds a great boost to defensive game, especially when applied before combat.
Good final smash.
Good recovery.
Unlike Nana, Micaiah can't die.
Good throws.
Great air game.
Forward roll has double the normal range.
Can trip with Down Tilt.
Yune is a projectile.
Good dodges.
Fast movement speed.
Excellent traction.
Good jump height
Smashes are quite strong.
Sothe has 2 spikes, Dair and Bair.
Can crawl.
Can wall jump.
Can wall cling.

Cons
Most of Sothe's attacks and some of Micaiah's attacks have low range.
Only projectile (Yune) is not spammable.
Medium-Light
All attacks against Micaiah are redirected to Sothe.
Fortune Teller is easily punishable in combat.
Forward Smash has punishable lag.
Attacks can be out-prioritized especially by sword wielders like Marth.
Farily large targets.
They can not be desynched.

Role in the Subspace Emissary:
When Tabuu learns of Micaiah's talents he attempts to capture her and make a dark form. Sothe, realizing he can't protect her own his own, joins the other heroes of Trophy Land. Together they add their strengths to the fight against Tabuu.

Codec Conversation:
Snake: Colonel, what can you tell me of my opponents?
Colonel Campbell: Their names are Sothe and Micaiah. Sothe is an expert theif and a master of martial arts and knife combat. He protects Micaiah, the light mage.
S: So how should I fight them.
C: Aim for Micaiah. Damage against her is redirected to Sothe.
S: Ok sounds easy enough.
C: Micaiah wields dangerous light magic and can heal with just a touch. She can also predict the future so be careful.
S: .... Why can't I ever fight normal people?

Kirby Hats:
Kirby gains Micaiah's silver hair and pet bird Yune. (This is because Micaiah is responsible for all specials, and Yune is her Standard B special.)

Items:
Herb- Heals for 10% upon pickup. Drops randomly among food items.
Vulnerary- Heals for 20% upon pickup.
Elixir- Heals completely.
Heal Staff- Heals 5% everytime you hit an ally with it. May become a stronger Mend staff that heals 10% or a physic staff that shoots a projectile that heals 5%.
Light Rune- Lays a trap that noone can run through when you throw it. If it hits someone they are trapped inside until you knock them out.
Mine Bag- Lays a mine that deals 10% damage and stun (but no knockback) when someone runs over it.

Assist Trophies:
The Black Knight- The Black Knight warps in and starts fighting with his Alondite. He is invinceable and immensely powerful. Lasts about 20 seconds before he warps out.
The Dawn Brigade- Edward, Nolan, and Leonardo join the fray. Edward attacks with basic sword strikes while Nolan uses a more beserk axe style and Leonardo fires arrows.
Heron- A random heron (Rafiel, Reyson, or Leanne) appears and sings a Galdr. The herons sing the following Galdrar:
Rafiel- Vigor- Increases the movement speed of the Assist Trophies user as well as decreasing attack lag temporarily.
Reyson- Rebirth- Heals the user completely and removes any effects on him such as attached Pikmin or a broken shield.
Leanne- Bliss- Causes the user's knockback to rise through the removal of anger and the increase in focus.

Related Trophies:
Micaiah
Sothe
Ike
The Black Knight
Ashnard
Ashera
Yune (goddess)
Tibarn
Naesala
Skrmir
Deghinsea
Nailah
Elincia
The Dawn Brigade (Sothe, Micaiah, Nolan, Edward, Leonardo)
The Greil Mercenaries (Ike, Titania, Soren, Mia, Boyd, Oscar, Shinon, Gatrie, Rolf, Mist, Rhys)
Sephiran
Zelgius

Stage:
The Tower Of Guidance-
This is the tower where you fight
Ashera, the Goddess of Order
. It has a basic layout. Occassionally "The Chosen" may warp in and join the fight. They are each only about as strong as a sword Primid. At moments the screen may light up with a wave attack used by many of Radiant Dawns last bossess. This is for effect only. Noone is hurt.
Layout-
------ ------- -------
Echoes of Daybreak
Eternal Bond (Ike's Theme)
Dawn Brigade
March
On Glory's Wings
The Devoted
Time of Action
Waves Of Discord
Battle of Pride
Beauty is a Mad Mistress (pretty much this stage's version of Power Hungry Fool)
Unstoppable Destiny
The Black Knight Lives (Against the Black Knight)
Battle Is Joined
Stalwarts Unite
Zelgius The Brave
Skrimir's Pride
Backsliding
*All of these songs are from the Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn soundtrack.

Included Bosses (Spoilers):
Ashera, The Goddess Of Order-
Ashera is the final boss of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. In an ironic plot twist, the "dark god" Yune sealed inside the medallion becomes the worlds only hope of escaping Ashera's angry judgement. Empowered by Yune, the heroic cast of Fire Emblem must defeat Ashera.
Size-Roughly the size of Zelda
Attacks-
Judge
This is Ashera's most straightforward attack. It deals as low as 20% in Very Easy Mode or as high as 50% in Intense Mode. In Intense Mode it can OHKO light characters. It is a straightforward projectile aimed at the ground with a shockwave effect. jump out of the way of the beam and the projectile to avoid.
Summon Spirits-
This attack is used quite rarely. 3 Elemental Spirits (the servants of Ashera) appear on the stage. One is thunder, one is wind, and one is fire. They are easy to kill but possess a projectile attack.
Ring Attack-
This attack is highly random and Ashera's most rarely used attack. As a general rule, the closer you are to Ashera, the worse you are hurt. It comes in one of 3 random forms.
1. Light Ring- This ring deals damage affected by your distance from Ashera and the difficulty.
2. Dark Ring- This ring deals knockback affected by your distance from Ashera and the difficulty.
3. Daze Ring- This ring breaks shields (looks similar to Dark Ring.)
All rings may be avoided by learning the timing and side stepping (the timing is pretty much like side-stepping the first ring of Tabuu's X-Box 360 attack.)
Defenses:
Aura- A light blue aura surrounding Ashera must be broken before Ashera is hurt (does not rebuild).
This possesses the Aurora effect. It strikes people who hit it with projectiles for half of the projectile's damage. (Fox's blaster will not hurt him, seeing as 1/2 of 1 damage is less than 1%.)
The Aura isn't to strong. It can only take about 50% damage.
Additional Information:
Ashera is located in the center of the stage.
Only Ike and Micaiah and Sothe may fight Ashera.
^made by me^
If this were to make it that would be enough (atleast for Fire Emblem.)

For other series I would like to see:
LoZ- Toon Zelda/Tetra (SirKibble made a great moveset)
Mario- Bowser Jr. and possibly Geno.
Pikmin- noone... Olimar is enough. None of the other characters are really worth it. Not even Louie (sp?).
Star Fox- Krystal
Earthbound- Paula (Earthbound needs a female rep)
Pokemon- Mewtwo (also see new features)
Donkey Kong- King K Rool villain (and non-monkey :bee:)
Metroid Prime- Rundas (ice boss from Metroid Prime 3), as well as one other hunter (no Ridley)
Kirby- Biospark and Knuckle Joe
Golden Sun- Isaac
Tales- Lloyd Irving

3rd Party:
Megaman- Megaman (classic, X, and the other one)
Sonic- Sonic (and possibly Tails or Knuckles)
Metal Gear Solid- Snake (seriously toned down)

New features:
Poke'mon Trainer Customization (in steps)-
1. Male or Female
2. If male do you want Red or Silver (Ruby Sapphire). If Female do you want May (Ruby/Sapphire) or the one from Leafgreen and Fire Red.
3. Choose 3 Poke'mon-
Water- Squirtle, Piplup, Totodile, Mudkip, Vaporeon
Grass- Ivysaur, Bayleef, Grovyle, 2nd stage of Turtwig, Leafeon
Fire- Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Last stage of Chimchar, Flareon
Electricity- Raichu, Jolteon, Electabuzz, Manectric
*All poke'mon of the same type have the same moveset and stats (differences are only cosmetic.)
4. Save to Profile Name? Yes/No.

Stages:
All previous stages (atleast).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I love your FE idea Chris Lionheart.

Hm, it's not a lot of Japan chracters talk around here. That's.... not.... right. D:

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Chris Lionheart;4981439Earthbound- Paula (Earthbound needs a female rep) [/QUOTE said:
Yay thanks Chris for mentioning Paula again. I do think Earthbound deserved a female rep before Claus/Masked Man. Although as much as I like her and she's important to the story (she was the one who killed Giygas through her prayer, not Ness), unfortunately she may be overshadowed by Claus even though he never appeared in a game in America. I personally think Japan-only characters like DeMille, Takamaru, and Sukapon would be great in SSB4.

Unfortunately, on first sight most people if they saw Paula and Claus, they'd already decide who's cooler just based on how they look :(

VS

I agree with you Chris. I think Paula needs a chance but a guy with a lightsabre and a gun on his arm who actually turns out of Lucas' brother screams "cool" more than Paula who, armed with a frying pan and a teddy bear screams "cute/wacky".

Paula to me provides more balance to the roster over Claus because he'd be another sword user and we already have people screaming "enough swords!" (excludes Sothe, he uses a dagger so that's different) and I think the teddy bear itself she has offers so much potential for an embarassing moveset. I think that's why we need balance to the roster. We already have so many "badass/toughguy" characters like Metaknight and Snake and not enough cute/funny/wierd ones but those cute/funny/wierd ones make all the difference because I think most people on first sight get all "wow!" on the prospect of playing a badass Darth Vader-type character when it'd oversaturate the roster with those serious type characters. We need to bring funny/embarassing characters like Paula into Smash more than we need serious characters. I guess that is why many people dislike Jigglypuff.

I think Kumatora would be a good choice too and I would like it if she were in SSB4 in some form, but she lacks the little-girly teddy-bear pwning charm Paula has. The good thing going for her though is the tomboyish attitude and the rude yawning she does, and could represent today's modern women more.

*sigh*

So guys, why would you like another "badass" guy like Claus over a girl who beats you with a teddy bear providing lighthearted embarassing fun?

sethpenguin

Smash Cadet
Here is a character suggestion for SSB4,
YOSHIMITSU
From Tekken/Soul Caibur.

A mysterious warrior leader of the Dura Anti Manji Clan whose real identity is a mystery. His attacks are a combination of sword fighting and speed.

ATTACKS
A: Handle Hit- Hits oppenent with the bottom of his katana's handle.
Across Smash: Swing- Swings his katana.
Up Smash: Air Throw- Throws his sword in the air.
Down Smash: Duck Stab-Ducks down and stabs opponent with his katana.
Grab: Grabs oppenent and headbutts them really hard.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
B: Charge- Focus his energy into his katana to inleash a powerful attack.
B Across: Boomerang Blade- Throws his katana like boomerang.
B Up: Helicopter- Spins his katana like a helicopter blade.
B Down: Kick- Kick opponent.
Final Smash: Torando Spin- Begins to spin really fast until it creates a torando.

TAUNTS
Taunt 1: Laugh- Yoshimitsu laughs evily.
Taunt 2: Throw- Throws his sword in the air and catches it.

ENTRANCE
Yoshimitsu is riding on his katana like a surfboard.

SNAKE CODEC
Snake: Octan I need your help.
Octan: What now Snake?
Snake: There's this guy wearing saumri armor and has a head that looks like a skull.
Octan: That's Yoshimitsu.
Snake: Yoshimitsu, I thought that was a dinosaur.
Octan: No that's Yoshi, this is Yoshimitsu, he is a Robin Hood like warrior who uses an ancient and powerful katana.
Snake: Is this guy a zombie!
Octan: That's a mask Snake.
Snake: Right, so how do I beat him.
Octan: Well his combat style is a mix of sword and speed. Figure it out yourself.

HOW TO UNLOCK
Beat adventure mode for the first time with any character.

STATS
Height: ?
Weight: ?
Run Speed: Between Captain Falcon's.
Fall Speed: Heavy
Jump: Very Powerful
Neutral Stance: Does a blade dance.

VICTORY POSES
Win Song: Tekken 6 theme.
Pose 1: Yoshimitsu says "Is that all you got?"
Pose 2: Yoshimitsu dances around and throws his sword in the air.
Pose 3: Yoshimitsu laughs evily.
Lose: Yoshimitsu says "I have failed."

COSTUMES
Normal: His normal costume appears the same as his default Tekken 5 costume.
Tekken 2: Yoshimitsu looks like he did in Tekken 2.
Tekken 3/Tag Tornament: Looks just as he did in Tekkin 3 and Tekken Tag Tourament.
Tekken 4: Costume looks the same as his Tekkin 4 costume.
Tekken 5 Alternative: Looks the same as his alternative Tekken 5 costume.

Kirby Hat
Kirby wear a samuri hat.

sethpenguin

Smash Cadet
Here is another character suggestion.
Duke Nukem

A tough ladies man who has saved our world numorous times from aliens.
STATS
Speed: Same as Captain Falcon's
Jump: Fast
Fall Speed: Heavy

ATTACKS
A: Mighty Foot- Kicks opponent.
Across Smash: Punch
Up Smash: Air Punch
Down Smash: Duck Punch- Ducks and punches.
Grab: Takes off his belt and grabs opponent with it.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
B: Shrink Ray- Takes out his shirink ray that causes opponents to shrink just likethe Poison Mushroom.
B Across: RPG- Take out a RPG that shoot out rockets that can cause heavy damage..
B Up: Jetpack-Uses a jet pack.
B Down: Devastator- Uses his Devastators.
Final Smash: Nuclear explosion- A small nuke hits the stage and explodes and KOs everyone except Duke.

TAUNTS
Taunt 1: Duke says "Time to kick *** and chew bubble gun and I'm all out of gum!"

ENTRANCE
Walks onto the stage and cracks his knuckles.

VICTORY POSES
Victory Pose 1: Duke says " I always win"
Victory Pose 2: Duke shoots his pistol
Win Music: Duke Nukem 3d theme
Lose Pose: Has his back facing towards the player and says "I'll be back for more."

Snake Codec
Snake: Octacon, I need your help again.
Octacon: I see you're fighting Duke Nukem. All you need to do is avoid getting punched by him.
Snake: How can I can I beat this guy, he's like Ganondorf with guns!
Octacon: Snake, just be careful, alright.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Because other people are doing it.

TOAD

Please note that his name is in all caps. This means he is important. Toad is a character from Mario, he protects Princess Peach, well at least he's supposed to.

Stats

Strength: 5/5
Speed: 5/5
Jump: 1/5
Weight: 1/5

I sort of just ripped these stats from Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Kart. He isn't exactly a balanced character.

Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes (he runs up walls in Wario's Woods, so I thought this seemed fitting or something)
Crawl: No

Specials (because no one cares about the rest)

Neutral: Eats a mushroom, it heals ten percent, he only has 4 of them because that's how many he gave Mario in Mario RPG, he gets them back when he loses a stock and it takes him about 5 seconds to eat it, good luck getting 5 seconds.

Forward: Throws a bomb like in Wario's Woods. 5%

Up: He gets on a star and flys in the direction you hold like what he rides on when he asks you those questions in that one Mario Party game, remember how Baby Bowser had the black one? It does no damage and he falls off after a little bit. After he uses it, it takes a couple seconds to come back, sort of like ROB's up b.

Down: You have to be above the person and press down b, then Toad picks them up and holds them above his head, where he can can run around and throw them they would have a lot of stun afterwards. He had the fastest pull speed in Mario Bros. 2. 10%

A Combo

Toad takes out a spear and smacks people with it, the Royal Toad Guards have them at the end of Galaxy. 10%

^^^^^
SPOILER

Dash Attack

Toad's slide attack from Mario Strikers, it makes people trip. 8%

Smashes

Neutral: LOL

Forward: Toad's special goal-scoring ability in Strikers where he charges up by holding his leg back and then kicks the ball, making it catch on fire. Why it catches on fire, I really don't know. Max 25%

Up: Smacks people with his head like in Mario Strikers. 18%

Down: Toad spins around on his head. Like the taunt when he scores a goal. 15%

Tilts

Forward: High knock-back, very low damage. He darts a very short distance and runs into someone. Like in Mario RPG, Toad runs into you and does 1 damage. 1%

Up: Takes out star and holds it above his head, you know how he gives you the stars in Mario 64? Stars are pointy. Yeah, I'm a genius, you don't need to tell me. 12%

Down: Has more lag than other tilts, he jumps forward and hits them with his head, same thing like in Strikers, as his tackle. 16%

Aerials

Neutral: Flails his arms around crying, I think he does this in Luigi's Mansion when you find him, but I'm not sure. Fits his character anyway. 15%

Forward: Toad hits them with a tennis racket, it's difficult to connect with, but powerful and has a bubble effect. 20%

Backward: Holds a koopa shell out behind him, like you could in Mario Kart DS when you didn't want to drop something, but just hold it behind you so people could run into it. 15%

Up: Toad does a head ram like when he shoots for a goal from the air in Mario Strikers, at least I think he does this. The knock-back is similiar to Mario's uair, but this one doesn't cover as much space, and this one has more knock back. 15%

Down: Kicks with foot, having a forwardish knockback. 15%

Throws

Initial Catch: With hands.

Bash: Hit with head. 2%

Forward: Do a deke with them in your feet and crash them on the ground. (deke = dodge from Mario Strikers) 10%

Backward: Backwards deke. 10%

Up: Bounce them up with Toad's head. 6%

Down: Punt. 12%

Costumes

Wow, this is easy. The colors of toads, maybe Mail Toad, or the Toad Brigade leader could be an option?

Codec Conversation

Snake: There's a fungi infecting this child's head and he's trying to kill me.
Otacon: That's Toad, Snake.
Snake: No, it's a child.
Otacon: That's not what I mean, the creatures name is Toad and it comes from a species called Toad.
Snake: Your not making any sense.
Otacon: Just do it, Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom