• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
We need.... a Smash gage. And each character can do at least four diffrent Final Smashes, and you can turn it on and off depending on if you like it. And the Smash Ball fills up the Smash gage at either half or full power. They should keep the glow when they do the Final Smash, that looks too epic to take off.

That would make the game more awesome if they did.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Why is everyone so intent on mewtwo returning, (they'll just get a fifth gen rep)

Why would they replace Ike? He's one of the most popular characters in brawl and the star of two games (FE's biggest ones)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
"Fray" would be good because they have the whole "_______ enters the Fray!"

But I like "Clash," personally. Smash Clash. Bash. Hash. Okay, I'm done.

BrawlTilDawn309

Smash Cadet
We need.... a Smash gage. And each character can do at least four diffrent Final Smashes, and you can turn it on and off depending on if you like it. And the Smash Ball fills up the Smash gage at either half or full power. They should keep the glow when they do the Final Smash, that looks too epic to take off.

That would make the game more awesome if they did.
Okay, we've heard this idea before, about the guage, and i think it is a great idea. The glow, however, would get old very quickly. How about as your guage gets fuller, the glow gets more intense? Good ideas tho.

Why is everyone so intent on mewtwo returning, (they'll just get a fifth gen rep)

Why would they replace Ike? He's one of the most popular characters in brawl and the star of two games (FE's biggest ones)
The same thing that happened to Mewtwo, is going to happen to Lucario. He's gonna get the boot, and a new 'semi-legendary' Pokemon will get in. And its gonna happen til the end of time, sadly. And i swear if they get rid of Ike, i will scream.

Also, do you think the next installment will be on the Wii or the next gen?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I wish for:

Hitstun, L-canceling, (I really don't care about WD'ing as long as L-canceling is in there), take out sonic, I hate that guy, or at least give him better voice acting, and REAL costumes, as in light suit samus, epic.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Don't forget Kirby! Lol kidding!

Hmmm I think maybe alternate costumes should be available. Like Dr. Mario for Mario. It just switches characters, enabling you to have all of Doc's moves, even the pills instead of fireballs. Then you wouldn't need to worry about making a whole new slot or whatever--it would just kinda be a customization of characters. Maybe it's just me but I didn't like the idea of Mario and then Dr. Mario as two different people..cuzthey aren't. :/ i kinda get botered when THAT kind of realism gets broken. As in.. I'm ok with a plumber shooting fire balls and all, but not okay with that exact same plumber fighting himself in a doctor's outfit.. Idk if you wil udnerstand what I mean haha..

And don't boot R.O.B. Really! Yea i thought he was kinda stupid at first, but I grew to like him alot (not in that way)! G&W shouldn't get booted! No unique/original characters sould be booted. Plain and simple. Cuz they've all got fanbases. I don't understand why Mewtwo got the boot?!

Just up his moveset (keep his pwnsome throws :) ) and there ya go!

On the first page of this thread--I liked the story idea...!

and yea. Knuckles needs to be in! Put him in before Shadow and all those others. I would say tailes--but Knuckles is a personal fav. of mine ;) I thoght of a moveset for him too! :)

edit WTF?! Take out Sonic?! Screw you! LOL sorry! But Sonic deserves to be in just as much as megaman. Actually I take that back. Sonic deserves to be in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Megaman. Screw MEGAMAN..! But really Sonic's voice acting isn't THAT bad, at least not in Brawl... But yea, SONIC STAYS!

edit: Hmm kingdom hearts was a good game and all.. but (nd maybe this is just me), I don't really want to see Donald Duck fighting Ganondorf. :/

and sora's partners would end up as AT's and such..

speaking of at's, the at's and pokemon from pokeballs should have a switch menu, as in to turn them off and on and such.,

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
edit: sorry for double post!

Knuckles the Echidna
~Moveset~
http://www.freewebs.com/lmcat/Knuckles%20the%20Echidna.png

First, some basic info. Knuckles is a middle-weight, preferably upper-middle weight class. He's fast, but not as fast as Sonic, of course. He probably is just a tad faster than Mario (even though in his games, he is much faster). Knuckles, even though having no wings, is able to glide.

abilities
Glide-Yes
Wall Jump-Yes
Wall Cling-Yes (!)
Footstool-Yes

Specials
Neutral B--Power Throw
--This move is derived from Sonic Heroes. In Sonic Heroes Knuckle grabbed Sonic and Tails, and launched them at foes to destroy them, along with obstacles and power-ups. this move would work very similar in smash. He'd grapple his enemy, and throw them in the direction you tilted the control stick (not down or straight up), kinda like Bowser's B-> from Melee. He'd curl his victimin a bal and chuck them in a sort-of curved pitch (curving downward). However, if they hit another opponent, they'd bounce back into Knuckles grasp, ready te power throwed again! 6-7% damage; when impacting an enemy/wall, another 3-6% damage done.

B->--Glide
--This, perhaps, could replace Knuckles normal glide ability. He soars through the air if airborn, with his arms out in front, damaging foes. On the ground he leaps forward, diving with his arms outstretched, once again doing damage. I'm all for replacing this move... 5-7% damage. Decent knockback, used to 'clear the way'.

BV--Dig
--Knuckles digs into the ground. You can then move left or right a short distance, and press B to launch a powerful uppercut. This is loosely based on how Knuckles knocked the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic in Sonic and Knuckles. 24% damage. Also causes any held items (including final smash) to be dropped.

B^--Rocket Ride
--In Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 (I think), Sonic and Co. Could find rockets , and hitch a ride off of them or shoot them off (I think Sonic uses it to destroy a helicopter--if he doesn't idk where I got that from :chuckle: lol). Knuckles's Rocket Ride would act like Snake's recovery, in that it would launch him in the air, and he can let go if he wants. The rocket would be a good way to attack airborne enemies as well. This move always shoots knuckles vertical and a bit in the direction he was facing. 13-15% damage. Great Knockback, and explodes on impact. Knuckles is IMMOBILE after using this move until hereaches ground.

Standard Attacks

A--Knuckles does a short jab forward. A red 'orb' can be seen at the end of his punch, and maybe does 1-2% damage on it's own. The jab does 4-6%.

AA--Knuckles follows up with another jab, taking a step forward while doing so, another red orb appearing. This 2nd jab also does 4-6%

AAA--Knuckles finishes this standard A combo with a colossal punch, with fair knockback. This 3rd jab emits a large red orb that does 3-4% damage on contact (the orb does NOT have any knockback). The 3rd jab moves knuckles forward a bit, and does 5-7% damage, only doing 7% damage if the victim recieved the other two jabs as well.

Atilt (sorry, I may not know all the names for moves like Nair and what not)--Knuckles kicks. 4 or 5% damag.

Utilt--Knuckles swings a fist thruogh the air, kinda similar to Mario's. 5-7% damage.

Dtilt--Knuckles crouches and pushes his fists forward (resembles r.O.B.'s, but slower). This is good for knocking oppoonents into the air. 4-6% damage.

Fsmash--Knuckles slams his fist together in the same motion as DK's fsmash. This move does NOT have THAT great a knockback, but has potential to K.O.--at least more potential than Sonic's. 6-13% damage.

Dsmash--Knuckles brings one of his legs swinging around the front of him swiftly and powerfully. 9-12% damage. NOTE: This move does NOT cover behind Knuckles, so he is vulnerable from behind. Decent knockback; sends enemy diagonally upwards, away from Knuckles.

Usmash--Knuckles hops of the ground (very short hop) and head butts. Debatable... 12-14% damage.

Running A--Knuckles throws a punch, a red orb at the end of it, similar speed to Lucas's running A. 5-7% damage. Good knockback, as usual.

Nair--Knuckles spins around in the air, his fists damaging anything they contact. 7-9% damage.

Dair--Great Spike! Knuckles lifts legs up, and slams his fists down, cuffed together. If opponent is hitat very end of attack, they are sent down and behind Knuckles. If they are hit at the beginning or middle of attack, they are spiked down :) ! 12-15% damage.

U Air--Knuckles backflips in mid-air, kicking his opponent. Decent for juggling. 10-13% damage. NOTE: If Knuckles lands when peforming this, he is immobalized for a second.

Fair--Knuckles spins, like Sonic's Nair. 7-9% damage.

Bair--The Echidna leans back, with hands behind his head, cupped togethe in a fist. Sends opponent fying the opposite direction Knuckles is facing. 11-14% damage.

Final Smash: Undecided. Still thinking. Any suggestions?

and that's all I've got for now! So tell me what you think?! Do the damage %'s seem fair, or are they too low/too high?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Double Post? Try editing your old post...

As I mentioned before... not much of a supporter of secondary characters of 3rd Parties... but meh, the moveset kinda works.

Fool's Gil

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see more mini games than they've ever had in the series. It would include:

The triumphant return of "Board the Platforms" different for each character.

A mix of SSB/SSBM of "Race to the Finish" also different for each character.

A quiz game, since they always have all this Nintendo trivia they throw in.

I actually liked the SSBM Adventure Mode. That should return as well.

Make even better Event Matches, and take away the option to lower or raise difficulty.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
^^I agree. For event matches, they should be at a set difficulty. and when say that, I mean the last events should actually be challenging. :l.

However, I thnk Race to the Finish should be the same, like melee's, with different routes you can take, some routes more suited for heavy characters, others for floaty ones like jiggs and that lil' puffball Kirby...

The SSE had a LOT of potential, unfortunately not a whole lot was put into effect. I think Sakurai shouldn't release news of the game so **** early. Once he has the single player story at least nearly completed, all his ideas sorted out, all the characters he wants in for sure, all the stages he wants in for sure, etc., THEN he tells the public about his plans. THEN we can all start dying 2 get the game, THEN he can add last-minute stages/characters/items/wtf ever. But he should get a large portion of at least planning done before he even tells us SSB4 will ever exist. That way the pressure of a certain release date isn't as bad. Really--it'd be better for us if we didn't know it was coming out anyways.

Online isn't THAT bad in my opinion--But i don't have 2 much online experience so i don't know aht brawl's quality is compared to othe games.. Oh well! But yea--let us talk to the person we're beating to a pulp.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
My suggestions for the new SSB4(most of them are just simple suggestions):

1. If possible, 6 player mode. No need to adjust any stages or anything, most stages could fit 6 players(it'd be crowded, but it'd fit).

No need to try to rebalance anything either because of 6 players. Add 6 players but keep it simple and don't change anything because of 2 extra players.

2. Make names "colored" in accordance to the player slot. First player should have a "Red" name, second player "Blue", etc.

This only really matters for 4 player FFA mode and if you're sitting far away from the TV and playing with a group people. Sometimes, I forget where the heck my character is, especially hard if someone else is also playing a character that looks like yours.

Simple change.

2b. Speaking of making names colored. Make names colored in Team Battles, so you don't have to be forced to pick a color for a character.

3. More control customization. Allow you to map "Select" button to "Taunts", so you can free up some space on the D-pad for other controls.

Holding select while pressing the D-pad should activate the taunt instead of just pressing the D-pad.

4. Add all bosses or optional characters, playable, in "Special Brawl"(or whatever SSB4 will be called).

Being able to play as or against master hand or crazy hand at anytime would be fun.

5. Allow you to adjust the appearance rate of assist trophies and pokemons in "items". Like if I wanted to play with only Lyn as an assist trophy, make it possible.

6. Allow you to enable/disable exploding crates/containers.

7. For special brawl/mode - Allow you to set specials only on one player. For example, if I wanted one person to be giant, another person be metal, and another person have flaming curry, it should be an option for this in the new SSB game.

8. Game mode where the player that does the most damage wins(Link is to my idea thread). - Read the thread for details.

If I had to pick one(well 2), things from the list I REALLY WANT TO SEE IN SSB4:

1. 6 player support(if possible) - 6 players would be fun(and chaotic), again, only if it is possible and NO NEED TO CHANGE ANY STAGES. All stages in Brawl can handle 6 players fine, it'd be crowded but IT'D WORK.

2. COLORED NAME TAGS - YES PLEASE. Again, for the reason, see above.

I think Sakurai shouldn't release news of the game so **** early. Once he has the single player story at least nearly completed, all his ideas sorted out, all the characters he wants in for sure, all the stages he wants in for sure, etc., THEN he tells the public about his plans. THEN we can all start dying 2 get the game, THEN he can add last-minute stages/characters/items/wtf ever. But he should get a large portion of at least planning done before he even tells us SSB4 will ever exist. That way the pressure of a certain release date isn't as bad. Really--it'd be better for us if we didn't know it was coming out anyways.
I think SSB4 is "hinted" at coming out. Nintendo polled the public(to anyone who registered Brawl on the Nintendo site) whether they want a new Smash game or not. I am guessing most people voted(out of scale of 1-7), at least 5+.

Snafu

Smash Cadet
Someone wanted Sheik to have her own Final Smash earlier (I've forgotten who), well what about this:

SONG OF STORMS
Sheik takes out her harp and plays the Song of Storms from OoT. Rain starts pouring down and lightning strikes. The rain increases gravity (characters fall faster, thrown items fall faster, etc.) and the lightning acts like Pikachu's downB.

Thoughts? And yes, I know Sheik doesn't teach you the Song of Storms in OoT.

Gumshoe

Smash Rookie
Alot of these ideas have probably already been stated before, but I guess I'll reiterate them.

I thought that a mode in which you can only damage and KO eachother with items would be a no-brainer addition to Brawl; but I guess not. You would finally be able to have stuff like a straight-up Pokemon battle, or a total remote mine fest.

Returining stuff from past games would be great in Smash 4 like Board the Platforms, the "knock-the-trophies-into-the-basket-thing" game (forgot it's name) and the RETURN OF BONUSES AND BONUS MODE! Seriously, they were stupidly fun and Bonus Mode especially encouraged you to switch it up a bit when fighting (throw in all directions, use different items, don't chase down the same person again, don't camp like a douche, etc.)

Ha, they probably got rid of Bonuses because the Brawl computers are programmed specifically to do what the Melee Bonuses discouraged! They stalk the human players (Stalker), once the human player is dead they chase down the guy with the highest percentage (Predator), use the same moves to usually edgeguard (Stale Moves), etc. Okay, no more Brawl bashing from me.

Maybe a mode in which you and your opponents pick 3 characters would also be cool, ala some other fighting games like Marvel vs. Capcom. For example, you pick Wario, Link and Samus. You finally get KO'd as Wario, so instead of Wario coming back to the stage, it's Link. Then Samus once Link is gone, etc. I dunno, just thought a mode like that would work really well in Smash, though this idea was probably stated before.

Some will certainly disagree, but I think that Event Matches being the "primary" single-player mode would be the best idea. I dunno, I always though that they had the best potential to be fun. Some of Melee's and even Brawl's event matches kicked ***. Though I personally think that Melee's take home the gold in this regard: the mode in which you play as Link and team up with Zelda to fight Ganondorf was stupidly fun, and once you beat it you unlock him! Now THAT is a fun way to unlock a character! I'd MUUUUUCH rather go through event matches to unlock characters than that god-awful SSE. It would be an actually entertaining form of grinding.

Being able to toggle through the difficulty of event matches I though was an alright idea, but it should just be Normal or Hard, none of this Easy business. Also, get rid of the picture demonstrating the event. Sakurai did this to make them "easier to understand" (again, casual-gamer/downmarket-pettling), but they sort of spoil the event I think. I'd take 200 really creative events over any other possible primary single-player mode!

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Someone wanted Sheik to have her own Final Smash earlier (I've forgotten who), well what about this:

SONG OF STORMS
Sheik takes out her harp and plays the Song of Storms from OoT. Rain starts pouring down and lightning strikes. The rain increases gravity (characters fall faster, thrown items fall faster, etc.) and the lightning acts like Pikachu's downB.

Nice idea, what if the rain was nedles like in the Wario Ware Stage?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I think there should be like 60 events, and I don't really like All Star Mode, It's too much like Classic. They should have one or the other, not both. I think since more characters will be added for the next smash, All-Star would become too time-consuming, especially if they had 45-50 characters, that would be annoying. The way I'd improve All-Star is by actually making it All Stars, with only one character from each series to fight each time, but they would change every time you played.

sethpenguin

Smash Cadet
I'd like some of the following features in the next SSB,
1. I'd like to see more third party characters.
2. More interactive stages.
3: Another villan much like Tabuu but more powerful.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
They shouldn't boot all-star, it's ok and it's not hurting anyone by staying there...except, yea your thumbs if there will be 45-50 characters....

But events were awesome, and were actually challenging in melee. They need another event like that. And the last event. Everyone knew it, everyone feared it at first! (Until you beat it... heck I still did, Giga's UGLY!)

For the single player storyline--Implement Final Smashes! Make them required to defeat bosses or SOMETHING!!! Heck throw in a few levels where Fox drives the land master, and give it a healthbar and the ability to move it's turret (I'm saying that for the single player only). And change Fox and Wolf's Final Smashes. Come on!!! Let Falco pilot his Arwing--it could act like Dragoon, and it zooms onstage barrel rolling at where-ever you fire it at. After that it could shoot back again from the background, or it stays in the background flying around, and you have another aimer, and you shoot, and if you press B (A shoots), you do another barrel-roll. Kinda like Snake's FS but more pwnsome :). And for Wolf--Hmmm, he calls in reinforcements from Star Wolf, Like Fox can do on Corneria and such. However, they are waaaay more aggressive and perhaps drop bombs on foes. They don't ever aim at Wolf or in his vacinity, so in order to stay safe you have to stay by Wolf, and to make his Final Smash unfair like they all should be, he is invincible through out star wolf's bombardment ;) .

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
edit: sorry for double post!

Knuckles the Echidna
~Moveset~
http://www.freewebs.com/lmcat/Knuckles%20the%20Echidna.png

First, some basic info. Knuckles is a middle-weight, preferably upper-middle weight class. He's fast, but not as fast as Sonic, of course. He probably is just a tad faster than Mario (even though in his games, he is much faster). Knuckles, even though having no wings, is able to glide.

abilities
Glide-Yes
Wall Jump-Yes
Wall Cling-Yes (!)
Footstool-Yes

Specials
Neutral B--Power Throw
--This move is derived from Sonic Heroes. In Sonic Heroes Knuckle grabbed Sonic and Tails, and launched them at foes to destroy them, along with obstacles and power-ups. this move would work very similar in smash. He'd grapple his enemy, and throw them in the direction you tilted the control stick (not down or straight up), kinda like Bowser's B-> from Melee. He'd curl his victimin a bal and chuck them in a sort-of curved pitch (curving downward). However, if they hit another opponent, they'd bounce back into Knuckles grasp, ready te power throwed again! 6-7% damage; when impacting an enemy/wall, another 3-6% damage done.

B->--Glide
--This, perhaps, could replace Knuckles normal glide ability. He soars through the air if airborn, with his arms out in front, damaging foes. On the ground he leaps forward, diving with his arms outstretched, once again doing damage. I'm all for replacing this move... 5-7% damage. Decent knockback, used to 'clear the way'.

BV--Dig
--Knuckles digs into the ground. You can then move left or right a short distance, and press B to launch a powerful uppercut. This is loosely based on how Knuckles knocked the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic in Sonic and Knuckles. 24% damage. Also causes any held items (including final smash) to be dropped.

B^--Rocket Ride
--In Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 (I think), Sonic and Co. Could find rockets , and hitch a ride off of them or shoot them off (I think Sonic uses it to destroy a helicopter--if he doesn't idk where I got that from :chuckle: lol). Knuckles's Rocket Ride would act like Snake's recovery, in that it would launch him in the air, and he can let go if he wants. The rocket would be a good way to attack airborne enemies as well. This move always shoots knuckles vertical and a bit in the direction he was facing. 13-15% damage. Great Knockback, and explodes on impact. Knuckles is IMMOBILE after using this move until hereaches ground.

Standard Attacks

A--Knuckles does a short jab forward. A red 'orb' can be seen at the end of his punch, and maybe does 1-2% damage on it's own. The jab does 4-6%.

AA--Knuckles follows up with another jab, taking a step forward while doing so, another red orb appearing. This 2nd jab also does 4-6%

AAA--Knuckles finishes this standard A combo with a colossal punch, with fair knockback. This 3rd jab emits a large red orb that does 3-4% damage on contact (the orb does NOT have any knockback). The 3rd jab moves knuckles forward a bit, and does 5-7% damage, only doing 7% damage if the victim recieved the other two jabs as well.

Atilt (sorry, I may not know all the names for moves like Nair and what not)--Knuckles kicks. 4 or 5% damag.

Utilt--Knuckles swings a fist thruogh the air, kinda similar to Mario's. 5-7% damage.

Dtilt--Knuckles crouches and pushes his fists forward (resembles r.O.B.'s, but slower). This is good for knocking oppoonents into the air. 4-6% damage.

Fsmash--Knuckles slams his fist together in the same motion as DK's fsmash. This move does NOT have THAT great a knockback, but has potential to K.O.--at least more potential than Sonic's. 6-13% damage.

Dsmash--Knuckles brings one of his legs swinging around the front of him swiftly and powerfully. 9-12% damage. NOTE: This move does NOT cover behind Knuckles, so he is vulnerable from behind. Decent knockback; sends enemy diagonally upwards, away from Knuckles.

Usmash--Knuckles hops of the ground (very short hop) and head butts. Debatable... 12-14% damage.

Running A--Knuckles throws a punch, a red orb at the end of it, similar speed to Lucas's running A. 5-7% damage. Good knockback, as usual.

Nair--Knuckles spins around in the air, his fists damaging anything they contact. 7-9% damage.

Dair--Great Spike! Knuckles lifts legs up, and slams his fists down, cuffed together. If opponent is hitat very end of attack, they are sent down and behind Knuckles. If they are hit at the beginning or middle of attack, they are spiked down :) ! 12-15% damage.

U Air--Knuckles backflips in mid-air, kicking his opponent. Decent for juggling. 10-13% damage. NOTE: If Knuckles lands when peforming this, he is immobalized for a second.

Fair--Knuckles spins, like Sonic's Nair. 7-9% damage.

Bair--The Echidna leans back, with hands behind his head, cupped togethe in a fist. Sends opponent fying the opposite direction Knuckles is facing. 11-14% damage.

Final Smash: Undecided. Still thinking. Any suggestions?

and that's all I've got for now! So tell me what you think?! Do the damage %'s seem fair, or are they too low/too high?

This would be a miracle! Knuckles is my favorite character ever, I was him for halloween a long time ago.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
I think Deoxys should be a standalone character, personally. His specials would just change between his forms (Up=Speed, Down=Defense, Side=Attack), with his neutral doing hyper beam (similar to ROBs laser).
No recovery move? Or would Hyper Beam be able to be aimed in the four cardinal directions (but you can't aim it down if you're on the ground). So, the Hyper Beam would be aimed down and it would propel Deoxys upward? Of course, this attack shouldn't be able to bend like Pit's arrows; that would be uber broken.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
No recovery move? Or would Hyper Beam be able to be aimed in the four cardinal directions (but you can't aim it down if you're on the ground). So, the Hyper Beam would be aimed down and it would propel Deoxys upward? Of course, this attack shouldn't be able to bend like Pit's arrows; that would be uber broken.
No I think Deoxys woudl still resemble Pokemon Trainer in that it's down special woul transform it into a different form. And when you selct deoxys on your character panel it'll show the three forms in the backgroud, and Deoxys normal form in the botom right, and you can choose which, just like Pokemon Trainer... Also instead of cycling through eac form until you get to the one you want, you should be able 2 just, say, press b down three times to get to Attack form, twice for speed, and once for defense.

Deoxys has the same three attacks, BUT their power/speed/etc. depends on which form he is in. so um, for example, Deoxys' B nuetral, Hyper Beam, is much more powerful in Deoxy's attack form than in it's speed form. also I think Deoxy's Hyper Beam should be controllable like Lucario's final smash, or like R.O.B.'s laser... Yea, R.O.B.'s laser, cuz a B nuetral like Licario's final WOLD be kinda broken wouldn't it?

killbeast301

Smash Lord

SONG OF STORMS

1) sheik plays a lyre, not a harp, a harp is much bigger and shaped different.

2) she should probably play one of the ones she does teach you, and gain abilities akin to that element. Like the bolero of fire, and then she can shoot fire or something.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Some interesting combo techniques I may have mentioned before...

- Jump Cancel
- Dash Cancel
- Smash Cancel

Jump Cancel
The act of canceling the last few frames of certain attack into a jump. This allows you to follow your opponent into the air quick after popping them up to start an air combo. It only works when the move lands.

You have to jump as soon as the attack lands for the cancel to work. Also available in midair granted you still have a midair jump.

Dash Cancel
The act of canceling the last few frames of certain attack into a dash. Works similarly to the jump cancel but works better on moves that knocks your opponent away, allowing you to chase.

Smash Cancel
Canceling certain moves into a smash attack, usually a jab or tilt.

I also have ideas on how to change Yoshi into a better character. I'll make that post soon enough.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Ehhh........

Umm...Last time i checked, the motto for brawl was "The Final Brawl to End Them All!" or something like that. who knows.i might be wrong.i'll look it up though.:confused::confused::confused:

dylan?!?

Smash Rookie
i think there gunna have around 60-70 charactors, also theyll have charactors not just form nintendo like crash bandicoot (i would love to see him in it) maybe some1 from halo (if they can get the rights eventho im not a big fan of halo) and idk i cant really think of others

it might be 3D instead of 2d gameplay

theyll have new feeatures and all the exsisting features theyll make better

(eg. stage builder will have more parts, more interaction between parts, more abillity to put stuff down, more backgrounds)

im not really sure what itll be like but its going to be insane

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
i think there gunna have around 60-70 charactors, also theyll have charactors not just form nintendo like crash bandicoot (i would love to see him in it) maybe some1 from halo (if they can get the rights eventho im not a big fan of halo) and idk i cant really think of others

it might be 3D instead of 2d gameplay

theyll have new feeatures and all the exsisting features theyll make better

(eg. stage builder will have more parts, more interaction between parts, more abillity to put stuff down, more backgrounds)

im not really sure what itll be like but its going to be insane
Yeah noone from another company will be in the game, unless they appear on a nintendo system. Thats rule #1 when deciding new characters.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
For third parties, I'm rooting for Megaman, Bomberman, Viewtiful Joe (I know he's also from Capcom, but we can have two Capcom characters), and with the DS remake of Chrono Trigger, maybe we can get Crono, too.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
For third parties, I'm rooting for Megaman, Bomberman, Viewtiful Joe (I know he's also from Capcom, but we can have two Capcom characters), and with the DS remake of Chrono Trigger, maybe we can get Crono, too.
Epic win!

Mega Man (preferably X) for SSB4!!!!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Some interesting combo techniques I may have mentioned before...

- Jump Cancel
- Dash Cancel
- Smash Cancel

Jump Cancel
The act of canceling the last few frames of certain attack into a jump. This allows you to follow your opponent into the air quick after popping them up to start an air combo. It only works when the move lands.

You have to jump as soon as the attack lands for the cancel to work. Also available in midair granted you still have a midair jump.

Dash Cancel
The act of canceling the last few frames of certain attack into a dash. Works similarly to the jump cancel but works better on moves that knocks your opponent away, allowing you to chase.

Smash Cancel
Canceling certain moves into a smash attack, usually a jab or tilt.

I also have ideas on how to change Yoshi into a better character. I'll make that post soon enough.
I dont' think you should be able to cancel a smash attack :/ Part of smash is learning when to time your attacks just right. If your allowed to just cancel them whenever you want it'd take away a bit of strategy from all of smash.

unrelated:
also--what'd you think of my moveset for Knuckles??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom