• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieisthebest

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0430-8304-2774
I might help in this beta-test, but what do your views consist of? And what is the beta-test representing?

zoofrek

Smash Rookie
How about the light warriors from the first final fantasy. Of course they could only use four of them, if they wanted to stay true to the game. Here is my idea of how this could work:

The four characters would be a Fighter, a Black Mage, a White Mage, and a Monk.
They would in a way be similar to the Ice Climbers in the way that ther is a leader except, the leader would switch after every five attacks, but they would stay close enough togeather so that It would feel less like you were controlling a different character every two seconds, and the ledar will only swithch if tey are touching the ground so you can't switch to someone who is on the stage if the leader is falling off.

My idea for a move set:

Fighter:
A attacks would be similar to other sword wielding character's attacks.
B- Parry (if being attacked, he would block and then attack his opponent rapidly)
side B- Thrust (jumps to the side while stabbing an opponent)
up B- Axe Toss (similar to Ike's up B except with an axe)
down B- Axe Slash (a quick slash using an axe)

Black Mage:
A attacks would use a staff to attack
B- Thunder (shoots a lightning bolt out of his hand)
side B- Flare (like Din's Fire but much quicker and with a larger explosion)
up B- Fire (launches himself up with a blast of fire)
down B- Blizzard (a large ice shard falls down (near by opponents will be hurt))

White Mage:
A attacks use a hammer
B- Cure (if hit with any energy based attack she will regain health)
side B- Dia (strikes an opponent with a ball of light)
down B- Protect (creates a sheild that reflects projectiles)
up B- Teleport (Teleport can be directed in any direction.

Monk:
A attacks are punches
B- Kick (a basic kick)
side B- Close Kick (grabs an opponent if close enough and delivers a powerful kick)
up B- Jump Kick (does a high jump with a kick that launches him up further)
down B- Sweep Kick (a low kickthat sweeps a near by opponent's leg and causes thm to fall)

I appologize for bad spelling.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nobody would support Mario with a hammer, sadly. Anyway, maybe Zelda should be given a sword?

Good idea!

Pit:Yeah, but I there should be more emphasis on Lloyd-like swords, with bow added for some techs(and, as I mentioned before, angel spells).
Captain Falcon: I don't think CF is fit for gloves. Again, Iron eres.
Luigi:If you mean like Regal, then add some thunder and wind spells and he's good to go.
Peach:Original, so yeah.
Bowser: only if you mean he wears metal claws.
Diddy: Yes.

Overall, those are all great!
Why wouldn't people support Mario using a hammer? He uses one in the Paper Mario series. Zelda should still use the gloves and be a black mage type of character.

I'm glad you like it. When people around here were getting together to come up with a different story than the crap that is the SSE, I came up with that so we don't have a lot of characters together.

Pit: No argument here.
Captain Falcon: Iron eres?
Luigi: I would be fine with that, but some jumping techs should be in there.
Peach: No argument here.
Bowser: I mean the claws he wears in Mario Strikers, so yeah.
Diddy No argument here.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I might help in this beta-test, but what do your views consist of? And what is the beta-test representing?
To put it concisely, my most controversial view lies within the roster. Most of the newcomers for my roster are for Nintendo series that have yet to have a playable character within Smash Bros. Only five newcomer slots have been given to veteran series (with two them being cut Melee characters). I have very detailed reasoning as to why I did this. The total number of playable character slots is capped at 50 (as that's the highest number I can realistically see for Smash 4).

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
How about the light warriors from the first final fantasy. Of course they could only use four of them, if they wanted to stay true to the game. Here is my idea of how this could work:

The four characters would be a Fighter, a Black Mage, a White Mage, and a Monk.
They would in a way be similar to the Ice Climbers in the way that ther is a leader except, the leader would switch after every five attacks, but they would stay close enough togeather so that It would feel less like you were controlling a different character every two seconds, and the ledar will only swithch if tey are touching the ground so you can't switch to someone who is on the stage if the leader is falling off.

My idea for a move set:

Fighter:
A attacks would be similar to other sword wielding character's attacks.
B- Parry (if being attacked, he would block and then attack his opponent rapidly)
side B- Thrust (jumps to the side while stabbing an opponent)
up B- Axe Toss (similar to Ike's up B except with an axe)
down B- Axe Slash (a quick slash using an axe)

Black Mage:
A attacks would use a staff to attack
B- Thunder (shoots a lightning bolt out of his hand)
side B- Flare (like Din's Fire but much quicker and with a larger explosion)
up B- Fire (launches himself up with a blast of fire)
down B- Blizzard (a large ice shard falls down (near by opponents will be hurt))

White Mage:
A attacks use a hammer
B- Cure (if hit with any energy based attack she will regain health)
side B- Dia (strikes an opponent with a ball of light)
down B- Protect (creates a sheild that reflects projectiles)
up B- Teleport (Teleport can be directed in any direction.

Monk:
A attacks are punches
B- Kick (a basic kick)
side B- Close Kick (grabs an opponent if close enough and delivers a powerful kick)
up B- Jump Kick (does a high jump with a kick that launches him up further)
down B- Sweep Kick (a low kickthat sweeps a near by opponent's leg and causes thm to fall)

I appologize for bad spelling.

Im sorry, but if final fantasy characters make it into ssb4 then there will only be one or two characters...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What about Skull Kid from Majora's Mask?
While MM is my second-favorite Zelda, Skull Kid's chances of entering the Smash Bros. series as a playable character were with Melee.

Edit: Also, are there any posters that agree with the way I have set-up my Smash 4 roster?

Pieisthebest

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0430-8304-2774
that is actually a great idea... I'd like to see what you have in mind, so far ^_^

Edit: About your setup for the roster, incase it wasnt clear :p

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
that is actually a great idea... I'd like to see what you have in mind, so far ^_^

Edit: About your setup for the roster, incase it wasnt clear :p
Okay, I will probably send a PM to you later this week.

To all people visiting this topic: My views for what the Smash 4 roster should be are on the previous page, if you agree with them please say so in this topic. If you want me go in more detail just say so if you are unsure.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To put it concisely, my most controversial view lies within the roster. Most of the newcomers for my roster are for Nintendo series that have yet to have a playable character within Smash Bros. Only five newcomer slots have been given to veteran series (with two them being cut Melee characters). I have very detailed reasoning as to why I did this. The total number of playable character slots is capped at 50 (as that's the highest number I can realistically see for Smash 4).
Wow, that is pretty controversial. Looking at my dream roster though, my guess is that it's not too much different. Mine has ten newcomers from vet series (Bowser Jr. Vaati, Capt. Syrup, Pico, Jody, Krystal, Ridley, Claus, K. Rool, and a new FE character). Anyway, I guess I'll beta test as well.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wow, that is pretty controversial. Anyway, I guess I'll beta test as well.
Kuma, you'll really support me? Thanks. I do have Lip as a character on my roster (since Puzzle League is a Nintendo series not yet represented in Smash outside of an item). I also have Kumatora as an Assist Trophy.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
If any fem gets in the next game, Lip and Barbara have really good chances. From what I know, Lip has two games, one on the SNES, and another on the DS. Barbara is the main character of Band Brothers, a really popular series in Japan, to my knowledge. Hell, even Stafy has a chance in this game.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I had a thought...how would (at the least) you guys feel if in the next Smash Bros., instead of including Dixie as her own character, she and Diddy played simaltaneously? And like in the DKC games (DKC2), you could switch between the two of them on the fly?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If any fem gets in the next game, Lip and Barbara have really good chances. From what I know, Lip has two games, one on the SNES, and another on the DS. Barbara is the main character of Band Brothers, a really popular series in Japan, to my knowledge. Hell, even Stafy has a chance in this game.
We have ourselves an intelligent post.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why do you need such support, Chronobound? Your speculation is just as important as anyone else's here on the thread.
I want to make sure that everything is presented as good as possible. I have good ideas, but I have trouble presenting it. I also, need people to help me devise more stages and items.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma, you'll really support me? Thanks. I do have Lip as a character on my roster (since Puzzle League is a Nintendo series not yet represented in Smash outside of an item). I also have Kumatora as an Assist Trophy.
I'll support you. As for Kumatora being an AT, I'm fine with that. As of late, as long as she is an alt. for Lucas, I'd be more than satisfied. Speaking of which, what's your take on alt. model characters? Do you think it'd solve the clone issue?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I want to make sure that everything is presented as good as possible. I have good ideas, but I have trouble presenting it. I also, need people to help me devise more stages and items.
Judging by the quality of most of your previous posts, it won't be that hard to make yours stand out in the thread. You don't have to throw it all out there at once, we can all discuss little parts of it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Speaking of discussing, how will we do this? By AIM?
I will discuss it in the PM I will send you later this week.

As for alts: in order for them to work, they will need to have the same body structure as their alt. So Dr. Mario would work as an alt for Mario, but Pichu wouldn't for Pikachu. There are only eight alts that I would place in if I were directing, and that would all depend upon how much it took the team to implement the main roster and basics such as stages and items.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sarcasm? >_>;
I was not being sarcastic. Also, while Lip was only in one game (and a Lip lookalike being in another), her series has had seven games to date. These games include:

- Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack (SNES)
- Tetris Attack (Game Boy)
- Pokemon Puzzle League (Nintendo 64)
- Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (Game Boy Color)
- Nintendo Puzzle Collection (GameCube)
- Dr. Mario/Puzzle League (Game Boy Advance)
- Planet Puzzle League (Nintendo DS)

As for Barbara, Band Bros. DX is considered to be among the best games made for the DS. Her main problem though is whether Sakurai considers fighting to be in Band Bros.'s nature and a general lack of people who want to see her in Smash. However, she is definitely one of the most worthy female chatacters for a possible Smash Bros. 4.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
With that fact in mind, she's the Panel de Pon equivalent of Marth. Therefore, she should get in.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
I was not being sarcastic. Also, while Lip was only in one game (and a Lip lookalike being in another), her series has had seven games to date. These games include:

- Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack (SNES)
- Tetris Attack (Game Boy)
- Pokemon Puzzle League (Nintendo 64)
- Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (Game Boy Color)
- Nintendo Puzzle Collection (GameCube)
- Dr. Mario/Puzzle League (Game Boy Advance)
- Planet Puzzle League (Nintendo DS)

As for Barabara, Band Bros. DX is considered to be among the best games made for the DS. Her main problem though is whether Sakurai considers fighting to be in Band Bros.'s nature and a general lack of people who want to see her in Smash. However, she is definitely one of the most worthy female chatacters for a possible Smash Bros. 4.
The only reason why people don't want her in is because she's ugly. People want more fems so they can fap to them when hentai of them gets drawn and posted on AerisDies. But Lip and Barbara seriously have great chances of getting in. I'm pro-Krystal, but Leon looks like he has a higher chance. I've even heard Peppy and Panther. But if not Leon, then Krystal. I'll bet even Sakurai would favor Krystal. I don't remember where I got this from, but Sakurai said he'd prefer Amy Rose over Sonic because she has a hammer, which would make an easy moveset. But what from I can tell, Sakurai's not too intellectual about Star Fox. This is why Falco and Wolf have the same specials, but altered. He doesn't bother to check Assault for possible movesets there. But knowing that Krystal has a spear/staff, a moveset is entirely possible from there.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I don't think Leon's more likely. I think Sakurai knows of her popularity, but I think she might've missed her chance unless she makes a good showing in the future.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
I don't think Leon's more likely. I think Sakurai knows of her popularity, but I think she might've missed her chance unless she makes a good showing in the future.
That's what I thought too. But Leon, surprisingly, has an extremely high fanbase. Leon does make sense, since he's the Falco of Star Wolf. Fox has Wolf, and Falco has Leon. And Falco and Leon have been in Star Fox/Wolf since the beginning. =p

darkserenade

Smash Ace
That's what I thought too. But Leon, surprisingly, has an extremely high fanbase. Leon does make sense, since he's the Falco of Star Wolf. Fox has Wolf, and Falco has Leon. And Falco and Leon have been in Star Fox/Wolf since the beginning. =p
I would think that it would be Krystal>Leon>Panther>Slippy. How mad would people be if there was another clone regarding specials?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
With that fact in mind, she's the Panel de Pon equivalent of Marth. Therefore, she should get in.
Lip has only been in two games of her own series (really Furil was just Lip with a different name). She is definitely seen as the icon of the Puzzle League series much like Marth is for Fire Emblem. Marth was also only the star of two games for a series that had six games (or was going to) by Melee's development and him being the first protagonist, starring in two games, and being the series's icon is what made him the main representative for Fire Emblem in Melee (although Roy's my boy, he was simply there to advertise the latest installment).

The only reason why people don't want her in is because she's ugly. People want more fems so they can fap to them when hentai of them gets drawn and posted on AerisDies. But Lip and Barbara seriously have great chances of getting in.
Wow so much truth. I agree fully.

As for Star Fox, another one of my views is the series has enough playable characters. Also, I never heard Sakurai say that tidbit regarding Sonic and Amy, and it sounds out of character even for him.

Edit: The reason why people are saying Leon is more likely is due to him being more popular than Krystal in Japan. However, in my opinion, both characters should not get in since the series is more than adequately represented.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
I would think that it would be Krystal>Leon>Panther>Slippy. How mad would people be if there was another clone regarding specials?
I always wanted Wolf to have a machine gun, like he did in Assault. But you're right on that. I really don't know how Leon would work without having cloned specials once again. Unless they gave him an Assault-style Blaster for B, Camouflage for Down + B (makes him invisible for a while), Grenade for Side + B, and Jet Booster for Up + B. Then he'd be the most inventive Star Fox character in the game, besides Krystal, if she makes it.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
While MM is my second-favorite Zelda, Skull Kid's chances of entering the Smash Bros. series as a playable character were with Melee.

Edit: Also, are there any posters that agree with the way I have set-up my Smash 4 roster?
Yes, but I just want to help.

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
I guess I am unsure of your view's Chronobound as I haven't looked over this topic much. But I have read a lot of your posts back before Brawl was out. If you would care to PM me your thoughts I'd be glad to hear them. I also would love to help beta-test your Smash 4 project, but we can talk more through PM if you wish.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I guess I am unsure of your view's Chronobound as I haven't looked over this topic much. But I have read a lot of your posts back before Brawl was out. If you would care to PM me your thoughts I'd be glad to hear them. I also would love to help beta-test your Smash 4 project, but we can talk more through PM if you wish.
My views regarding the roster for Smash 4 are on page 238 of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom