• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Then who could it be? The burden of proof is on you to determine who else it could possibly be. Plusle's and Minun's Japanese names are Purai and Maiun and there is a space between the Prai and Mai. see the coincidence, because I sure do. Oh, and if you are going to use the excuse that programmers would not abbreviate character names in the coding, for Mewtwo's victory theme listing, he is referred to as Myu2. Obviously, programmers can be just as lazy as other people.
I wasn't saying that it wasn't them, I was just saying that it hasn't been proven. I wasn't trying to be mean (your response was kind of... harsh). I know that devs commonly abbreviate names, but we don't know if Pra_Mai is Plusle and Minun. I think they are, I'm just saying that it hasn't been proven.

Anyway, I think that Krystal is better. I can't trust Nintendo to make Leon original. Krystal, however, would use the staff and that would badass.

Also, any talk about DK characters and swanky is banned from this thread until further notice.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Krystal is practically a shoe-in. After the fan backlash from her nonplayability in Brawl, and her unique moveset would be a welcome change for the Starfox franchise in Smash. Unless she disappears from the rest of the Starfox games, I would put money on her appearance in Smash 4.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Oh boy Ness4life, you're gonna regret those words. While Krystal is indeed the correct choice for the fourth Starfox rep, the simple fact of the matter is we aren't getting four Starfox reps. Star fox has gotten another character each game while Metroid and F-Zero are left in the dust. Starfox shouldn't be the only series with four characters outside of Mario, Pokemon and Zelda, as it's not that big of a series. Donkey Kong and Fire Emblem need a 3rd character before Starfox can even hope to have a 4th. Do you really think Starfox is Nintendo's fourth most important series?

Ilex

Smash Ace
MasterWarlord said:
Oh boy Ness4life, you're gonna regret those words. While Krystal is indeed the correct choice for the fourth Starfox rep, the simple fact of the matter is we aren't getting four Starfox reps. Star fox has gotten another character each game while Metroid and F-Zero are left in the dust. Starfox shouldn't be the only series with four characters outside of Mario, Pokemon and Zelda, as it's not that big of a series. Donkey Kong and Fire Emblem need a 3rd character before Starfox can even hope to have a 4th. Do you really think Starfox is Nintendo's fourth most important series?
...And you think Fire Emblem is? What's this crazy illusions people have that FE is the slightest bit popular? It's not. Not in Japan, not in NA. Kirby has sold at least 6 times the amount of Fe and it only has 3 reps. That' enough reason to not give Fire Emblem another.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Fire Emblem has huge character viability though. I understand that Fire Emblem will probably be the last series to get a third rep, though.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Lyn, Griel, Black Knight, Micaiah (probably spelled wrong), Soren, and I'm sure many others I can see as characters in Super Smash Brothers. The same can't be said for F-Zero and Metroid.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I am under the impression that representatives of series don't just have to do with just sales. Its a matter of promotion, and series growth really. Series that can be promoted through Smash to make more money will get more representation, at least to a suitable degree. There are some characters or series that don't fall into this idea, but they are rather few, and normally have their reasons. (For instance, while the Metroid series grew between Melee and Brawl, it had difficulty expanding due to Samus killing every pottenial side character, in every game.)

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Uhh... just because I said that Krystal is likely to be in Smash 4 doesn't mean that I even like Starfox. I just think that Krystal would be a good, original character. I want DK and FE to get more reps just as much as anyone, heck, I've been pulling for K. Rool and another FE rep for a while now, much longer than you've been around these boards.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I think Their first choice would be some 3rd party I'd put money on cloud, It owu;dn't surprise me, a Final Fnatasy rep is n3eeded, and I could imagine either a fully independant tails, or if they are lazy I could imagine a clone shadow.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Metroid really has no options for characters. Maybe Dark Samus or one of those hunters if they become bigger in the next game but that's really about it.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
No, he's way to big. Be realistic, he would look hilarious next to Samus.

Also, Swanky has to be in. Not as an alt, a full fledged character.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Krystal is practically a shoe-in. After the fan backlash from her nonplayability in Brawl, and her unique moveset would be a welcome change for the Starfox franchise in Smash. Unless she disappears from the rest of the Starfox games, I would put money on her appearance in Smash 4.
Fan reaction isnt everything
Geno for example,and K.Rool.

Im angry Ashely,Paper Mario,Bowser Jr. and Kumatora arent in the game,but that wont force them in.
Its like Sakurai would respond to fan hissy-fits.

Why does everyone say Krystal anyway?

Why not have someone who has been in the Starfox series for a while,like Peppy,Slippy or even Leon.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter if you like Krystal, all I wanted to say is that she isn't that likely solely due to Starfox not needing four characters, especially if the quality of the Starfox games don't improve. I know I haven't been on these boards for long at all, but I've lived on gamefaqs since just before the trailer revealing Fox was shown (Long before the dojo, six months after the first trailer).

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
....The Ridley is too big card has really got to be one of the dumbest excuses. Bowser is bigger than Ridley. Olimar is the size of a quarter. ect ect. <_>
Bowser has been the same size as Mario in tons of games and he looks natural that size. Olimar is super small, not super big. That's different. It's not like he was in a game with Mario where he's the size of an ant compared to Mario.

Ridley just looks awkward scaled down. It's not a dumb excuse, Ridley fans just say it is.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter if you like Krystal, all I wanted to say is that she isn't that likely solely due to Starfox not needing four characters, especially if the quality of the Starfox games don't improve. I know I haven't been on these boards for long at all, but I've lived on gamefaqs since just before the trailer revealing Fox was shown (Long before the dojo, six months after the first trailer).
Why would you being on the boards change anything?
It would make your opinion of a lesser value or something?:bee:
What kind of elitist would think that?
Why am I asking so many questions?

Bowser has been the same size as Mario in tons of games and he looks natural that size. Olimar is super small, not super big. That's different. It's not like he was in a game with Mario where he's the size of an ant compared to Mario.

Ridley just looks awkward scaled down. It's not a dumb excuse, Ridley fans just say it is.
Olimar was shown next to a battery,and he was tiny.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Metroid really has no options for characters. Maybe Dark Samus or one of those hunters if they become bigger in the next game but that's really about it.
well besides Ridley, I'd say Sylux would likely be a close second rep that would make sense, although his chances would increase if ihe were to star in a newer Metroid game.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Big analasis time:

Krystal: probably not unless they take out a star fox character which they don't like to do.

Metroid: not much of a choice in characters like hippo said.

F-Zero: Possible, but I'd expect a c.falcon clone if it does, and 3 clones was not fun as we learned in this game

Sonic: very possible, they'll want to venture deeper into 3rd party, expect tails (kinda unlikly, or they could very easily clone sonic to make shadow.

DK: I think they may be content with diddy now that he's added, I'd expect a cloned dixie maybe or more likely K.Rool.

Fire Emblem: Unlikely, the movesets can't get much diifferent then ike and marth.

Cloud: 50/50, they'll want anothe 3rd party, and so will we, final fantasy is a great series to take fom, and who's a better rep?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
On the topic of Ridley, Ridley is much more likely if someone other then Sakurai directs the game. Ridley was the single most requested character after Sonic, and Nintendo Power directly addressed Sakurai on the matter in their interview with him multiple times, mentioning no other characters but Ridley, pressing him on the matter. It's very clear that Sakurai knows of Ridley's popularity and his deserving status, but doesn't want to make a moveset for him, thinking it will be challenging.

If you really can't picture Ridley in Smash, just picture Ridley as a clone of Charizard. It's not that hard. He could be in.

Lol @ the guy who thinks Cloud's going to be in. A more deserving rep? Megaman, Bomerman, Simon Belmont, to name a few.

(And on the topic of seriousness Pieman, I joke around sometimes, but not when in a serious debate/disccussion.)

Why so serious?

Wanna know how I got these scars?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

How to realize that Ridley will work as a character:

1) Get Melee disk
2) Walk to Gamecube
3) Insert Melee in Gamecube
4) Turn television on
5) Turn Gamecube on
6) Watch Melee opening sequence.

Ridley was downscaled to Samus' size there. Also, Bowser was GIANT in 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. Youtube it.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I am under the impression that representatives of series don't just have to do with just sales. Its a matter of promotion, and series growth really. Series that can be promoted through Smash to make more money will get more representation, at least to a suitable degree. There are some characters or series that don't fall into this idea, but they are rather few, and normally have their reasons. (For instance, while the Metroid series grew between Melee and Brawl, it had difficulty expanding due to Samus killing every pottenial side character, in every game.)
What about Ridley? He's a recurring Metroid character that appears in almost every single game and has massive fan love. He could easily be in the next Metroid game, yet Wolf got in over him. As far as I know, Wolf is not nearly as popular and isn't in nearly as many games.

Also, Dark Samus managed to live through the entire prime series (Albeit she was in a different form in the first). Don't even think of bringing in the clone argument...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNSS4VQLktY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPEykOoTNSg
I don't believe Samus can turn invincible, fly, create a bubble shield around her, summon walls of phazon, fire a gigantic continuous beam of energy under normal conditions, raise phazon pillars, and create clones.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Cloud: 50/50, they'll want anothe 3rd party, and so will we, final fantasy is a great series to take fom, and who's a better rep?
Yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding.

A Square rep would be Chrono from Chrono Trigger,no one else.
Cloud only appeared on the GBA and was a VERY Minor character.

@Koj,Wolf has appeared in all Starfox games except one.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Olimar was shown next to a battery,and he was tiny.
I know he's tiny, he hasn't been shown to be extremely small compared to characters in Smash like Mario so he'd look fine unlike Ridley who look hilarious being slightly bigger then Samus.

How to realize that Ridley will work as a character:

1) Get Melee disk
2) Walk to Gamecube
3) Insert Melee in Gamecube
4) Turn television on
5) Turn Gamecube on
6) Watch Melee opening sequence.

Ridley was downscaled to Samus' size there. Also, Bowser was GIANT in 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. Youtube it.
Did you even read my post? I realize Bowser was that big in those games but he's been only slightly bigger then Mario in most games and he looks natural like that. Ridley looks to small in the Melee intro, that scene was fast and if it was actual gameplay you would notice it as well.

Yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding,yer kidding.

A Square rep would be Chrono from Chrono Trigger,no one else.
Cloud only appeared on the GBA and was a VERY Minor character.

He's been in all except 2, so 3 of them.

A square rep would probably be a FF character, just one that's been on a Nintendo console enough (while still well known enough).

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
What are you talaking about????

Cloud was the main character of probably the best final fantasy ever and named by some one of the best game ever., But I agree megaman could very well best him.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
He still has no where near the popularity of Ridley.

Let me put it this way.

All of the Metroid Prime Hunters were in one game. They were minor characters with no story importance in that game. Metroid Prime Hunters is loathed by many Metroid Fans due to its awful 1 player and unbalanced multiplayer.

And you think one of those guys has priority over Ridley and next to Dark Samus?

I know he's tiny, he hasn't been shown to be extremely small compared to characters in Smash like Mario so he'd look fine unlike Ridley who look hilarious being slightly bigger then Samus.
???

Olimar is the size of a f***ing quarter. His entire series is about him being small. Why do you think he needs the help of the Pikmin? In the second Pikmin, it centered around Olimar finding "massive" artifacts like a ROB head, a transformer, a battery, a bottle cap, and a dumbbell.

Ridley didn't look ridiculous in the Melee opening.

Did you even read my post? I realize Bowser was that big in those games but he's been only slightly bigger then Mario in most games and he looks natural like that.
Stop using crap like that in a debate. Most people thought it looked normal. Also, Ridley was as tall as Samus in the first Metroid.

Ridley looks to small in the Melee intro, that scene was fast and if it was actual gameplay you would notice it as well.
Bull. He looked perfectly normal. In the 2-d Metroids, Ridley isn't that much bigger than Samus. In fact, a chart was made showing Ridley being perfectly Bowser sized if you compare the sizes of Samus and Mario in their normal games and smash.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Let me put it this way.

All of the Metroid Prime Hunters were in one game. They were minor characters with no story importance in that game. Metroid Prime Hunters is loathed by many Metroid Fans due to its awful 1 player and unbalanced multiplayer.

And you think one of those guys has priority over Ridley and next to Dark Samus?
For the love of god people, read the posts. I said IF they have a more important role in future games. I've explained why Ridley won't be in already.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Big analasis time:

Sonic: very possible, they'll want to venture deeper into 3rd party, expect tails (kinda unlikly, or they could very easily clone sonic to make shadow.
let's hope not, iI would rather see Knuckles instead though it's unlikely.

Fire Emblem: Unlikely, the movesets can't get much diifferent then ike and marth.
Wrong. we could easily get another Emblem lord like Hector or Macaiiah who don't weil a sword, so a 3rd rep wouldn't necessarily have to have similar moves

as much as I want Cloud to be in, I think it's almost impossible for him to get in, unless for some cool reason he shows up on a Wii game, though it's unlikely, but even so, I believe Megaman would most likely get in before Cloud.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
In most of the most recent games he's only slightly bigger then Mario. He's only way bigger then Mario in 64, Sunshine and Galaxy.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'm still going with the new FE character being a lord from a new game. Unless the title's really bad with really bland characters, it's more then likely, and Sakurai has had a trend of advertising the newest game within Fire Emblem. In Melee, the newest game was FE6, so we got Roy. In Brawl, the newest one was FE10, so we got Ike, although Ike actually deserved the position, having been the only lord to be in two games. If we ignore any future FE games, I'd say Roy was most likely, as despite all he has against him he was in the coding for Brawl. More people know who he is solely due to his appearance in Melee, and as ilex has said, the amount of people who played Melee is FAR greater then the amount of people who have played any FE game, making Roy the third most regognizable character in the series to the common eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom