• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
It'd be sweet to have Chrono Trigger characters in...

regardless I don't care who gets in the next smash as long as they make the online not completely suck like it does in Brawl. Also wish they would cater more to the competitive scene rather than casual.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I want them to take the melee disk and add xbox live to it for the gamecube and call it super smash bros melee w/xbox live compatibility and keep all the advance techniques lol
Great LOL of China.

Of COURSE Nintendo will put one of its most selling exclusive series on another console, especially onto the XBox, which has in Japan little to no sells at all.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I want them to take the melee disk and add xbox live to it for the gamecube and call it super smash bros melee w/xbox live compatibility and keep all the advance techniques lol
no no no no, we can't do that, i don't want to pay Micro$oft any money to play smash or to play anything for that matter, nintendo has it right, online should be free, we already pay for our internet, why pay another montlhy fee on top of that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You forgot Dedede and Wolf, which would make it the Feared 5.
Forget the feared five, we need the seven deadly sins:

Ganondorf
Bowser
K. Rool
Captain Syrup
Ridley
Claus (technically not a villain)
Mewtwo

Each are the following respectively.

1. Pride
2. Sloth
3. Gluttony
4. Lust
5. Envy (minus the androgyny)
6. Wrath
7. Greed - Cause Greed and Mewtwo are pimps.

Also, Dedede and Wolf are not really villains. They're more of the type who do whatever they feel like.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo isn't really a villain. He's just a pokemon who just happened to be a bad guy in the pokemon movie. And even THEN he wasn't doing it for an intentionally bad porpuse. He just wanted to take the pokemon away from the humans because he thought the humans were just using the pokemon. I agree with the rest of those bad guys though.:)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So who can we swap for Mewtwo then?

Black Shadow is one. He and Greed were in epic fights before. Either him or Gendo.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Only person who comes to mind for Greed is Wario.
Few problems with that:

1. Wario's fat, unlike Greed.
2. The list I made applies to people who are consistently villains (so Bowser can still be in despite being a protagonist in some games).
3. Can Wario really be considered a pimp since he doesn't exactly do much with all the girls in the Wario games?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Few problems with that:

1. Wario's fat, unlike Greed.
2. The list I made applies to people who are consistently villains (so Bowser can still be in despite being a protagonist in some games).
3. Can Wario really be considered a pimp since he doesn't exactly do much with all the girls in the Wario games?
1. The Seven Deadly Sins have embodiments and physical descriptions? Didn't know that... I thought they were just ideas.
2. Yeah, I figured that was part of it.
3. He's supposed to be a pimp, too?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1. The Seven Deadly Sins have embodiments and physical descriptions? Didn't know that... I thought they were just ideas.
2. Yeah, I figured that was part of it.
3. He's supposed to be a pimp, too?
Well, whenever I think of the Seven Deadly Sins, I almost always think of the Homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist. I had this in mind when I assigned each villain a deadly sin. However, Ridley and K. Rool were chosen because I couldn't think of any other sin for them. Ridley could have gluttony since he ate Samus' parents (mentioned in the manga), but K. Rool has him beat in the BF% department.

Anyway, Greed is practically a pimp in both FMA incarnations.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
If Mona or any of Wario's employees got in the game with him, then they could be considered bad guys don't you think? Mona I think killed tons of cops who were chasing her in one of her games. Maybe Ashley would be a "bad guy" too wouldn't she?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Like Wolf and Dedede, Wario has become a character who does whatever he wants. I personally think Mona and co. would be considered good guys.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Forget the feared five, we need the seven deadly sins:

Ganondorf
Bowser
K. Rool
Captain Syrup
Ridley
Claus (technically not a villain)
Mewtwo

Each are the following respectively.

1. Pride
2. Sloth
3. Gluttony
4. Lust
5. Envy (minus the androgyny)
6. Wrath
7. Greed - Cause Greed and Mewtwo are pimps.

Also, Dedede and Wolf are not really villains. They're more of the type who do whatever they feel like.

Why is Bowser sloth? Shouldn't he be Lust or Wrath? I'd also say you may as well add in Dedede to the villains, since it seems Sakurai thinks of him as such. (The even in Brawl before the last one where you fight the villains) Plus, he fits under Gluttony perfectly. And for that matter, add Wario under Greed. Maybe Porkey could go into Sloth, though I'm not all to sure. In fact...

Pride - Ganondorf
Sloth - Porky
Gluttony - Dedede
Lust - Bowser
Envy - K.Rool
Wrath - Ridley
Greed - Wario

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why is Bowser sloth? Shouldn't he be Lust or Wrath? I'd also say you may as well add in Dedede to the villains, since it seems Sakurai thinks of him as such. (The even in Brawl before the last one where you fight the villains) Plus, he fits under Gluttony perfectly. And for that matter, add Wario under Greed. Maybe Porkey could go into Sloth. =/
As I mentioned earlier, I was doing this on what characters would fit based on the FMA Homunculi.

Dedede is too inconsistent for me to consider him a villain. After all, he was a good guy in that craptastic work, the SSE.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
And Gluttony's not all that bad either. Dedede may not be a true villain, but he's clost enoug really. And heck, if you really are basing it off of FMA instead of their actual traits, then should Ganondorf be Wrath or something instead? He's a much closer match for Manga Wrath...unless you're going by the anime...in which case, Bowser as Sloth makes no sense.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And Gluttony's not all that bad either. Dedede may not be a true villain, but he's clost enoug really. And heck, if you really are basing it off of FMA instead of their actual traits, then should Ganondorf be Wrath or something instead? He's a much closer match for Manga Wrath...unless you're going by the anime...in which case, Bowser as Sloth makes no sense.
Ganondorf being Pride in the anime makes sense when you think about it. Since Pride in the anime and Wrath in the manga are one in the same, Ganondorf could be either based on preference.

You're right in that Gluttony is not really a villain, he's more of a slave and only follows Lust. In that case, make Wario Gluttony.

When I was going for Bowser being Sloth, I couldn't think of anything for him not taken. HOwever, it fits his manga counterpart as they're both huge.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Ganondorf being Pride in the anime makes sense when you think about it. Since Pride in the anime and Wrath in the manga are one in the same, Ganondorf could be either based on preference.
But you really should be consistant, and not swap them around. If Bowser is supposed to be representing manga Sloth, then Ganny should be Manga Wrath.

You're right in that Gluttony is not really a villain, he's more of a slave and only follows Lust. In that case, make Wario Gluttony.
Man, this is such a terrible idea, it makes me want to pee myself. :urg:

First off, if you don't consider Dedede a villain, then why is Syrup here? She's become a shop keeper after all. And saying Wario would be like Syrup's slave is bad as it is too. The guy fits Greed to a T really.

When I was going for Bowser being Sloth, I couldn't think of anything for him not taken. HOwever, it fits his manga counterpart as they're both huge.
Under those justifications, K.Rool seems a bit better, since he's a pretty lazy villain some times, and is also huge.

Speaking of huge though....why in the world would Ridley be Envy? <_<

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But you really should be consistant, and not swap them around. If Bowser is supposed to be representing manga Sloth, then Ganny should be Manga Wrath.
I really should be more consistent. To be honest, my initial list was made on whim. If we're doing it by the manga, Cluas should be Pride.

Man, this is such a terrible idea, it makes me want to pee myself. :urg:

First off, if you don't consider Dedede a villain, then why is Syrup here? She's become a shop keeper after all. And saying Wario would be like Syrup's slave is bad as it is too. The guy fits Greed to a T really.
Yeah, not a good idea on my part. Anyway, Syrup is still a villainess. At the end of Wario Land: Shake It!, she reveals to Wario that she used him to get her all that money and then takes off with him having nothing.

Under those justifications, K.Rool seems a bit better, since he's a pretty lazy villain some times, and is also huge.

Speaking of huge though....why in the world would Ridley be Envy? <_<
Yeah, K. Rool would be the better choice. The reason I chose Envy for him was because I couldn't think of anything. The only thing I can think of is that Envy's true form is of a giant beast so Ridley could fall under that.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Bowser is lust, IMO. I mean, the entire premise of the Mario games is that Bowser wants to screw Peach.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Now, for discussion actually related to SSB4...
What are you least worried about in SSB4, and what are you most worried about?
I'm most worried about the character roster, especially considering that Pichu was a joke char, MK is broken beyond belief, etc. I'm least worried about stickers, those things can burn in a fire for all I care, though they are fun to look at...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Stickers should have a wider range of things they can change, like a gigantic one that allows for another jump, or thigs of that nature. Additionally, there should be a mode in Special [Insert SSB4's name here] that allows you to actually play against others with the sticker sets, instead of confining it to SSE. =/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now, for discussion actually related to SSB4...
What are you least worried about in SSB4, and what are you most worried about?
I'm most worried about the character roster, especially considering that Pichu was a joke char, MK is broken beyond belief, etc. I'm least worried about stickers, those things can burn in a fire for all I care, though they are fun to look at...
I'm most worried about:

The amount of characters (or possible lack of)
The choice of characters
Some being too broken
Some being nerfed too much
Some being joke characters
Uninspring Adventure Mode
Main Theme being used too much again.
Lousy Online

Least worried about:
Stickers - I would prefer that they do an art book instead which would act as the same thing.
Music

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
What needs help/added/ or changed IMO:

1. Adventure Mode*
--The story sucked. Expected a lot more from someone who wrote the Kingdom Hearts scenario.

2.Game Mechanics**
--There are some maneuver that can still be implemented to change things up a bit, like:
----Air-Grabbing
----Under stage/ceiling approach (ex: Zero Suit Samus uses Plasma Wire to "vine swing" under stages if she passes the magnetized point at the edge of stages with Plasma Wire. Link would "web-sling" with Claw Shots", and Samus with her Grapple Beam. Sonic would just run up-side down instead of falling)
--Some characters could run on vertical planes on stages like Shadow Moses's watch towers when dashing, like Captain Falcon, Luigi, Mario, Sheik, Sonic, and Zero Suit Samus.

3. Character Properties**
--More uniqueness exclusive to individual characters (Lucario having the Aura-power build-up, Ice Clmbers being a pair, Zelda/Sheik transform, Zero Suit/Samus switch)
----Someone mentioned if Mewtwo were to return, he would have something unique like forcing opponents to have a higher stale move negation rate, which is win by the way.
--Altering characters (Chairzard could use multiple jumps, Olimar could be less dependent on tether recovery and Pikmin, Bowser is able to use a tether recovery-- like a chomp)
--Updating character's move set (ex: Samus can have Ice Missiles from Prime 3: Corruption, Toon Link can have Bombchus, Deku Leaf, Grapple Hook from Wind Waker)

4. Newcomers and Returning*****
--Toon Link (Out): If he doesn't get the boot like he should, making him completely different from Link would be neat. Like I mentioned earlier, he could use a grapple hook, bombchu, and deku leaf while using that as a glide maneuver as he did in Wind Waker.
--Newcomers: Captain Rainbow, Dixie Kong, Issac, King K. Rool, Krystal, Ray MK II.
--Returning: Mewtwo, Roy
--Hopeful: Main Fire Emblem protagonist that doesn't use a sword and have blue hair, while replacing Toon Link with Midna.
--Third Party Guest: Megaman, Yoda (DON'T JUDGE ME!)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You want Toon Link out but Roy back in? That's....No, that's just not good. If you actually think about it, Toon Link is the more deserving Link, especially if you consider how many games he's been in compared to adult Link.

Also, *judges you for the Yoda thing*

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
IMO

1. Pride - Ganondorf
2. Sloth - Porky
3. Gluttony - Dedede
4. Lust - Bowser
5. Envy - K.Rool
6. Wrath - Ridley
7. Greed - Wario

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Since you said no to FE protagonists with blue hair, what do you think of Sheeda who does, but is a supporting character from the original FE?

IMO

1. Pride/Wrath - Ganondorf
2. Sloth - Bowser
3. Gluttony - K. Rool
4. Lust - Capt. Syrup
5. Envy -Ridley
6. Wrath/Pride - Claus
7. Greed - Dedede
Wouldn't Porky be more of a Gluttony since he is a fatass?

Also, I changed yours to my preference.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I still think this thread could/should be divided into seperate threads. It could really cut down on the chaos. Nobodies opinions are really heard or remembered because if you make any post, it just gets lost in the chaotic shuffle.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I believe Dedede is just as much of a fatass, it's just he actually fights hand-to-hand, while Porky relies on his mechs. Bowser stays as lust cause of his lust for power and Peach. And I believe K.Rool should not be gluttony, cause although he is lazy, he is a lot more envious than Ridley, who is more about anger, hatred, and wrath.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I still think this thread could/should be divided into seperate threads. It could really cut down on the chaos. Nobodies opinions are really heard or remembered because if you make any post, it just gets lost in the chaotic shuffle.
Yea, I wouldn't do that just yet until SSB4 is comming out anytime soon. If SSB4 turns out to not be real, then you would just do all the discussion for no reason, so that's why I say we should wait until that comes.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
What the mess... now we're discussing bad guys and their personalities and properties and if they could be pictured as hot women...

This is CRAZY!!!

gantrain05

Smash Master
why would you ever replace toon link with midna, twilight already has a rep, LINK, and anyways, the way that they could have made toon links moveset so much different is reason enough to let him stay, maybe they actually will add the deku leaf, maybe while he's on the ground he could use it as a FLUDD type move, kind of like G&W's Uair except with more lag, so its not completely broken lol., and the bombchus are a good idea and they could keep his bow, so he could still be spammy, just give his moveset a big change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom