• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am not going to post a character list, however, I believe the 'top 5' list for new characters is made up of:

Ridley
Isaac
King K.Rool
Bowser Jr.
Krystal

I'm going to throw in a new topic for discussion: Does anyone think that a scenario like this will play out? Right now, I see Geno's popularity dying down and Bowser Jr.'s rising. However, looking at the Brawl character polls, Geno is extremely popular, while Bowser Jr. isn't even mentioned. Does anyone believe (or fear) that Sakurai will (once again) decide the roster BEFORE taking character polls? Because for SSB4, Sakurai may just throw in Geno because of past popularity and ignore Jr., who may just be on the poll this time. Or, remember how he apologized on the Dojo that Waluigi was not playable during his AT update? Do you think he may just assume Waluigi is popular and throw him in as playable?

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or does the rival trainer sound like a stupid idea?
That ruins PT's uniqueness.

-:bowser:Bowser King
That is correct; another trainer would only work if they are simply costume changes. For example, they run through the two protagonists for FR/LG and the rival, then do the same thing for D/P, or whatever the most recent installment for Pokemon is. FR/LG gets in despite being old due to having the most awesome character models ever in a Pokemon game. Especially Blue and Green.

Actually, I'd like to see more characters as Alt Costumes in general.

metaike

Smash Cadet
That is correct; another trainer would only work if they are simply costume changes. For example, they run through the two protagonists for FR/LG and the rival, then do the same thing for D/P, or whatever the most recent installment for Pokemon is. FR/LG gets in despite being old due to having the most awesome character models ever in a Pokemon game. Especially Blue and Green.

Actually, I'd like to see more characters as Alt Costumes in general.
I agree. As for me I would like to see Dark samus out of the Metroid series

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
so what do u think about smash bros TCG? would you play it if it was added to SSB4? what changes would u make to it?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'd play anything that didn't have a trial version limit XD I think they should remove a 1P adventure mode and, instead, just have a boss rush with, like, 15 bosses in it.

A TCG would be cool. I think it's something Sakurai would totally be up to doing because it's procrastinating from making sequels he knows are well due, regardless of how he stands on it.

Or, if there is an adventure mode, make it really emphasize each series. Start off with G&W, and have everybody move choppy, with hazards being instant kill. The 2D platforming Mario style, where the screen doesn't scroll backwards. Then a Zelda dungeon with puzzles and such :O Metroid style platformer, then an Ice Climber thing. The last challenge would be beating 6 bosses with 6 characters on Pokemon Stadium, then the FINAL challenge after that will be something resembling Pikmin. And you'd be forced to use characters from the respective series :3

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'd play anything that didn't have a trial version limit XD I think they should remove a 1P adventure mode and, instead, just have a boss rush with, like, 15 bosses in it.

A TCG would be cool. I think it's something Sakurai would totally be up to doing because it's procrastinating from making sequels he knows are well due, regardless of how he stands on it.

Or, if there is an adventure mode, make it really emphasize each series. Start off with G&W, and have everybody move choppy, with hazards being instant kill. The 2D platforming Mario style, where the screen doesn't scroll backwards. Then a Zelda dungeon with puzzles and such :O Metroid style platformer, then an Ice Climber thing. The last challenge would be beating 6 bosses with 6 characters on Pokemon Stadium, then the FINAL challenge after that will be something resembling Pikmin. And you'd be forced to use characters from the respective series :3
Way back in the pre-Brawl day, there was a little craze about making a Brawl TCG. It was kinda fun to think up, maybe I'll try again soon.

People would complain about Sakurai's Game and Watch bias because he would come first.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
@Roihu, he might used the search but quoted without thinking. =/

Back On Topic: What would the new title for Adventrue mode will be called?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't take this seriously:

Dairantou Adventure Mode! The Rise to the Top!

smashbot226

Smash Master
Don't take this seriously:

Dairantou Adventure Mode! The Rise to the Top!
Sounds like an episode title to a cheesy anime *coughGUNDAMcough*

What about...

Secret Costumes, or costumes you'll need to unlock through some obscure method, but are worth EVERY second spent getting it.

Like so:

Mario's = Shadow Mario

Link's = Fierce Deity Link

Kirby's = Meta Knight (Unmasked)

Pikachu's = Raichu

Binx

Smash Master
How about they take the series down to 16 bit graphics and use all old school models for characters to save space so that there can be like 300 playable characters, also have the game play like exactly like melee, then give every character things that are so good no one knows who the best characters will be for like 11 years.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
How about they take the series down to 16 bit graphics and use all old school models for characters to save space so that there can be like 300 playable characters, also have the game play like exactly like melee, then give every character things that are so good no one knows who the best characters will be for like 11 years.
Most people including myself prefer the awesome graphics because it makes the game look and feel cool, I mean how cool would Lip look when/if she's 3D. :D

300 characters would be so imbalance that it won't catch the eye of a lot of gamers for very long, (see Dragon Ball Z/GT fighting games), but at least a lot of people would be happy that they character made it. =/

If the game played like Melee I'll go nuts and dislike it fast, that's the main reason why I didn't like Melee too much, (WD).

(-_-)q

But your last statment is a good idea though.

Come to think of it, I didn't even make my own character wish list.... oh well, all I want is Lip to be in Brawl SSB4. :D

@SmashBrosMike, what is your idea?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
This wins the thread.

hello i am back. by the way I have lots of ideas for SSB4. Wanna hear them.
No.

Binx

Smash Master
Melee takes a lot more skill than brawl, for casual players brawl is great, but you guys already have brawl, and you guys can have ssb5, I think competitive players should get something from ssb4 this time, also graphics are the least important thing to me, but I'm an old school game, I grew up on atari and nintendo. As far as imbalance of having 300 characters, tons of people would play for a long time because you'd have no clue what the best tactics would be, you would just pick the one you like the most and get good with them, it would kill match ups though haha, most of my post was a joke anyways, its not like they would ever go to 32 bit graphics, although I wouldn't mind taking a small hit there for 60 characters.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I made a moveset for King K. Rool and I changed his moves. So it makes him not a clone.

King K. Rool

B: Charge - King K. Rool will charge up and then begin to run very fast and any character in his way will get damage.

Up B: Royal Jump - King K. Rool will jump into the air very high and he will come back down slamming into the ground with both of his feet really hard and a few cannonballs will fall from the sky.

Side B: King's Crown - King K. Rool will grab his crown and throw it like a boomerang giving characters damage who gets in the way.

Down B: Cannonball - King K. Rool pulls out a Cannonball and he will throw it and any character that gets hit will get 5% damage.

Final Smash: Kaptain K. Rool - King K. Rool grabs the Smash Ball and gets into his pirate clothes and becomes Kaptain K. Rool. If you press be he will start shooting his Blunderbuss and start shooting cannonballs and he stays like this for 20 seconds before turning back to normal.

What do you think.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh man, not AGAIN a discussion about the competetiveness of Brawl and Melee. Stop it. NOW. D:<

No game was originally intended for competetiveness. Competetions are great, but honestly, games are mostly about fun, not about using Wavedashing or L-Cancelling or not. *rolls eyes*

There are far more casual players than competetive ones, was already so with Melee. It's kind of foolish to say "You casuals can have SSB5, we competetive players have the right to get SSB4". It's not up to you to decide about Smash's future, but up to Nintendo, HAL and maybe Sakurai. That's it. <_<"

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I made a moveset for King K. Rool and I changed his moves. So it makes him not a clone.

Movesets

What do you think.
Good in my eyes. I can't say for other peoples thought due to me not being too big on the Donkey Kong series. ;p

Hmm, I almost started a competetive discussion.... AGAIN!?! I'm in a role. ;_;

GenericTacoKid

Smash Cadet
I want classic mega man my favorite recarnation of him
it would be the mega man 2 model he would be a 2-D sprite
if nintendo reads this don't use the 3-D mega man use the we know and love classic mega man

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I was wondering. Do you guys think some Brawl Stages should return for SSB4. Like some Melee stages did in Brawl. If so which ones do you guys think should return.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'd rather have some more of the SSB64 Stages return, since Corneria and Brinstar were in every game to date. Only in SSB64 they had different names (Sector Z and Zebes)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Only stage I want to return is Halbard, this stage not only has the best sound track known to men, but one of the greatest stages ever created in Smash history.

Also, if they would, make Delfino Plaza return as well. ;D

Roihu

Smash Ace
Spear Pillar and Smashville and Frigate Orpheon are the only true memorable ones for me. Maybe Port Town.

Binx

Smash Master
Oh man, not AGAIN a discussion about the competetiveness of Brawl and Melee. Stop it. NOW. D:<

No game was originally intended for competetiveness. Competetions are great, but honestly, games are mostly about fun, not about using Wavedashing or L-Cancelling or not. *rolls eyes*

There are far more casual players than competetive ones, was already so with Melee. It's kind of foolish to say "You casuals can have SSB5, we competetive players have the right to get SSB4". It's not up to you to decide about Smash's future, but up to Nintendo, HAL and maybe Sakurai. That's it. <_<"
SSB4 can be a fun game for casuals and still be competitive at high levels, like melee, it's more fun for me if the game has movement options, the return of good short range dashes and yeah even wavedash would be really nice, I don't care about L cancels at all, but I do miss combos, the overall floatiness of brawl makes it REALLY boring to watch and fairly boring to play. I would like to see it somewhere in the middle speed wise if not as fast as melee, this way people would have less to complain about, but definitely a little faster than ssb64 or brawl, make it so that people can combo again also, make it so teching is important again, give us back 1 shot airdodges, I don't even mind the hard DI or the great recovery options, I don't need to have low% gimping all the time to be happy either, I just want a happy medium, although I think melee might still be the better game even if all that happened, but who knows for sure. My point is that SSB4 could be leagues beyond brawl and that SSBB was a huge step backwards for the franchise.

I want classic mega man my favorite recarnation of him
it would be the mega man 2 model he would be a 2-D sprite
if nintendo reads this don't use the 3-D mega man use the we know and love classic mega man

FTW dude, FTW

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

What do you think.
Being a Donkey Kong series fan, I think this moveset represents KING K.Rool from DKC 1 quite well, although if you're trying to represent K.Rool as a whole, it may need work. Lots more work.

And about the casual vs. competitive argument, Nintendo fails to realize that casual gamers enjoy hard games, even though they don't play competitively. Casual gamers don't give a rat's a** about easy games, and this causes most to resort to buying Xbox games to satisfy their need for hard games with good online. Anyways, casuals generally play with casuals for fun, and don't take the initiative to go to tournaments and whatnot. Sakurai has to get this through his head and stop making us play the game the way he wants us to play.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Only thing that Sakurai needs to get through his head is that he should realize that Lip can be a great charcter and let her in instead of just having parts of her in the game. -_-;

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Only thing that Sakurai needs to get through his head is that he should realize that Lip can be a great charcter and let her in instead of just having parts of her in the game. -_-;

I think that the only character that stands in her way is Takumaru, based on his standings on Japanese polls (3 votes/recommendations), and we know Sakurai pays attention to the old polls. And if they keep the Lip's Stick, this hurts her a lot. However, I would love her, as a unique, magic-user female.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Here he is. I'm still confused why he's the most wanted Japanese chracters??? He is in Captain Rainbow but a supporting character, but so is Lip and a bunch of Japan characers.

SSB4 should have some stages of each game.

THAT would be the ultimate stage selection.

-:bowser:Bowser King
That would be so epic, that it would be impossible to even put down the game. :D

Gordo Michael

Smash Journeyman
In the next smash, there should be a bowser castle stage as mentioned before.

Online should be improved since Mario Kart Wii's online was successful, or so I'm told. Plus, it should include Wii Speak (or whatever is the next gen console). I think there should be leaderboards as well. It definitely should have more options like:

1) Stock matches
2) Free4all/1v1 match choice
3) No items option

I'll think of some more later, but meanwhile feedback is appreciated. :)

kigbariom

Smash Lord
In the next smash, there should be a bowser castle stage as mentioned before.

Online should be improved since Mario Kart Wii's online was successful, or so I'm told. Plus, it should include Wii Speak (or whatever is the next gen console). I think there should be leaderboards as well. It definitely should have more options like:

1) Stock matches
2) Free4all/1v1 match choice
3) No items option

I'll think of some more later, but meanwhile feedback is appreciated. :)
Online should include more social parts, like an IRC room, or servers instead of FC's. Leader boards would be so cool. Like BF2, have your whole Brawl HQ, stats, profile, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom