• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Karthik King, I disagree with a few things.

7) Link needs OoT Link as an alt costume. Along with a moveset rework, with his current attack speed and jump heights, he's not going to do much.

12) Pichu really would put people off.

14) Too many Lizard-like pokemon.

49) Eggman over Tails, you need a villain.

60) Geno, why not?

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
No way, no Count Bleck's castle. I hate Super Paper Mario.

That game is a disgrace to the Paper Mario series. It single handly ruined the Paper Mario Franchise.

Paper Mario was my favourite mario series and I really enjoyed it until they had to make the total Super Paper Mario crap.

So no way no Count Bleck's Castle.
Except that your slanted OPINION of a game is no good reason for a game to be under-represented in Smash. Like it or not, SPM is an important asset of the Paper Mario series that is enjoyed by many (like me, who enjoyed it far more than TTYD). But in case you don't get that, just look at the trophies in Brawl; there are an awful lot of SUPER Paper Mario trophies in there, and they even went as far as completely ignoring the previous PM games in the trophy descriptions. I'm guessing the guys behind Brawl were fans of Super Paper Mario so you're flat out of luck, mate.

but that's enough of that matter.

Anyways, I've had what I believe to be a truly unique idea for a SEGA stage. I say SEGA stage because although it includes much of Sonic, it is certainly not exclusive to him and would feature characteristics from other SEGA games. Here goes.

___

Stage: SEGA Arcade

This stage, by nature, is a sort of spiritual sequel to the Warioware stage in Brawl, in the sense that it shifts from a sort of "hub-stage" into many little "micro-stages".

The "Hub-Stage" this time around is a small, but brightly lit arcade, littered with Sonic and SEGA propaganda and arcade machines, including some of the billboards and posters seen in games like SA2. Though the stage appears to be closed off (just like the second level of Castle Siege), you can kill enemies from the top and sides. The layout is merely a straight line with walk-off edges, and an arcade machine on each side of the playing field as obstascles/platforms.

Every thirty or so seconds, the stage shifts dramatically. the background shifts out of focus and pixelates until it reforms as a completely different area; an area from SEGA's wealth of arcade classics. I have 11 specific ideas in mind for these areas...

Flicky - Stand on the platforms in the Flicky game. Cats can come past and harm players.

Wonder Boy - Standing on cloud platforms taken from the original game.

Hang On - Characters stand on the still road as bikers drive past.

Alien Storm - Stand on the plain ground as swarms of monsters attack.

Bonanza Bros - Standing on city skyscrapers stylised from Bonanza Bros with the game logo in the background.

Sonic 2 - Emerald Hill Zone. A generic area of Emerald Hill becomes the fighting arena, complete with buzzbombers.

Daytona USA - Standing on four lined up cars racing side by side across a Daytona course.

Puyo Puyo - Standing in the game field whilst puyo blobs drop down.

Sonic Championship - Standing on the South Island arena whilst two Sonic characters fight in the BG. The ropes on the sides of the ring can be bounced off of.

After Burner - Three aircrafts fly in formations whilst the players can stand on them.

Super Monkey Ball - The players fight on a tilting SMB board.

--

After fighting in a location straight out of SEGA history for 30 seconds, it returns to the standard Arcade stage.

for music, any number of different SEGA based MyMusic's would be available in the Arcade area, but specific music would play for each sub-stage.

____

Opinions?

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
How about this stage. Glangplank Galleon.

From Donkey Kong Country. You fight on King K. Rool's Pirate Ship. As players fight the boat will tilt making them slide sometimes. Also as they fight. Cannonballs will fall from the sky in a row that will give players damage.

I do in fact have made a moveset (Which are only to special attacks) too, but since this topic is not about Movesets I won't tell then. Anyway what do you think. That would be a cool stage.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I think Lip should appear I did make a special movelist for her, but like I said this isn't the topic for it.

I also want to see General Scales and The RedEye King as bosses in SSB4. They could be like a team. For example when you fight them you will mainly fight the RedEye King while General Scales is riding on it. They both have their own health bars and once you get rid of half of the RedEye King's health. That is when General Scales hops off and starts to help it and fights. That would be a cool boss. Do any of you have any characters you would like to see as a Boss for SSB4.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
These are other bosses I think that could work. The RedEye King has to be. It would be cool fighting a huge Tyrannosaurus Rex only it has General Scales with it. Making it a tag team boss. Anyway here are others I like to see as bosses.

Dyna Blade

Kraid

Giratinas

Evil Black Jewel

Giygas

Linkshot

Smash Hero
This thread needs less "I'm just going to post the same thing 10 times."

I think there needs to be a generic puzzle stage.

It could shift between Tetris, Panel de Pon, Puyo Pop, Dr. Mario, Meteos. (add any you want in there).

All I want to see is a Meteos rep. And it's weird there wasn't one, because isn't Sakurai biased towards his games? Or maybe he's just a bad father and decides to hate Meteos because it wasn't of his will. >.>

Agi

Smash Lord

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Giygas would seem difficult to pull off, considering that he was little more than a background in Earthbound. If he did appear, it may be a revamped version of his Mother 1 appearance, dubbed Giegue.

Claus may also be a feasible Earthbound boss, in his Masked Man form.

http://files.fobby.net/0000/521a/Masked Man Gun.jpg
Oh I see. I have an idea. You know for the subspace or whatever story adventure mode will be for SSB4. The Characters should talk.

Yes I know you guys will probably disagree, and think they will sound cheesy, but the way they act and respond gets annoying after a while. So I would like to see them talk.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You know for the subspace or whatever story adventure mode will be for SSB4. The Characters should talk.
Bad Idea? You're right. It's ok for characters like Fox, Ike, Peach, etc because they talk in they games and have great voice actors. But for characters like Mario, Link, Kirby, those characters almost never talk in they games. Plus you'll have to get the right voice actor to voice a lot of characters as well. Lastly, lets say if Link talked, I'll bet you'll cringed until he stopped. Ever hear Kirby sing? I bet you don't want to because mike Kirby destroyes the sound barrier. x_x

That kind of proves that talking is not for everybody. That's kind of like saying, should Smash Bros be a movie, lol.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
True, but It just gets annoying the way they respond and act. Well this might sound strange, but I can't see any Animal Crossoing Characters being playable fights like that boy or girl or tom nook. They can't fight. What could they even use. (Not to be rude)

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
All the alternate selection of characters just makes the root character seem superfluous.

About the dialog, it doesn't have to be spoken. Everything could be written in text, with the exception of having minor spoken lines heard like grunts or small phrases, grunts, gasps, and sighs.

I read something about Falco and Wolf being de-cloned. Perhaps Fox needs some buffs himself that could make not seem like clones.

Fox could have a second stage to his Fire Fox like Pikachu's Quick attack to play mind games and better recovery an dual-wield his Blasters to pack more damage on. And his Phantasm could not do any knock back, to keep dealing more damage without the opponent getting knocked out of the targeted area. But they already are pretty different from each other.

Toon Link is still my only concern. Their specials are still too similar and their normal attacks are pretty similar as well.

gantrain05

Smash Master
All the alternate selection of characters just makes the root character seem superfluous.

About the dialog, it doesn't have to be spoken. Everything could be written in text, with the exception of having minor spoken lines heard like grunts or small phrases, grunts, gasps, and sighs.

I read something about Falco and Wolf being de-cloned. Perhaps Fox needs some buffs himself that could make not seem like clones.

Fox could have a second stage to his Fire Fox like Pikachu's Quick attack to play mind games and better recovery an dual-wield his Blasters to pack more damage on. And his Phantasm could not do any knock back, to keep dealing more damage without the opponent getting knocked out of the targeted area. But they already are pretty different from each other.

Toon Link is still my only concern. Their specials are still too similar and their normal attacks are pretty similar as well.
toon link is easy to fix.....give him the crap he actually used in windwaker and voila we have a new link with a completley different moveset.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Yeah Sakurai is just too lazy. Geez come on Sakurai get off that butt and think better. We don't want clones. Don't rush.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
True, but It just gets annoying the way they respond and act. Well this might sound strange, but I can't see any Animal Crossoing Characters being playable fights like that boy or girl or tom nook. They can't fight. What could they even use. (Not to be rude)
I can't remember the last time a R.O.B started hovering round shooting lasers.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yeah Sakurai is just too lazy. Geez come on Sakurai get off that butt and think better. We don't want clones. Don't rush.
YOU call Sakurai lazy? YOU?! Hah! HAHA!

Sure. Go ahead, direct a game like Brawl while thousands of people are anticipating and one hell of a boss is pressuring you to make the release soon.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
YOU call Sakurai lazy? YOU?! Hah! HAHA!

Sure. Go ahead, direct a game like Brawl while thousands of people are anticipating and one hell of a boss is pressuring you to make the release soon.
Well he said he promise no clones, but look. He made clones. Plus Sakurai is always thinking of Kirby.

If your going to start an arguement. Don't we do not need a another one.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well while developing such a hell of a game while being under time pressure and stress won't help any promises, y'know.
Be happy we got Brawl. It's people who were like "Sh*tty Nintendo, delayed Brawl so many times! D:<"

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Well while developing such a hell of a game while being under time pressure and stress won't help any promises, y'know.
Be happy we got Brawl. It's people who were like "Sh*tty Nintendo, delayed Brawl so many times! D:<"
True, but I still hate the fact he hates Ridley and can't do us fans a favour and put him in.

YES I know he add Ridley twice as a boss. But the reason he did that is because he wants to see Ridley get beat up since he hates him so much. Man Sakurai you can't even do one little god **** freakin favour. Can't ya.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Do you know Sakurai personally or why do you act like you do?

I don't know where you're taking out the fact that Sakurai hates Metroid. All we can be sure of is that he likes his creation (Kirby).

But sure. Without Sakurai everything would be so much better, because then we wouldn't have Smash Bros. to begin with, and then noone would complain about Ridley not getting into Brawl's roster or the lack of Wavedashing. Because then there wouldn't of been Brawl, Melee or SSB64.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
True, but I still hate the fact he hates Ridley and can't do us fans a favour and put him in.

YES I know he add Ridley twice as a boss. But the reason he did that is because he wants to see Ridley get beat up since he hates him so much. Man Sakurai you can't even do one little god **** freakin favour. Can't ya.
If he couldn't do us a favour, he wouldn't have made us two more games now would he.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Well he said he promise no clones, but look. He made clones.
Look at the clones in Brawl compare to Melee? Let's count them out:

Dr. Mario
Pichu
Roy
Ganondorf
Young Link

Now look at Brawl's:

Toon Link
Ganondorf, (though he's not really a clone)

That's it, the others that's condsider a clone has minor moves sets that's the same. You can't say Falco's a clone because his A movesets is almost completly diffrent, you can't say Luigi's a clone, (who would think Luigi's a clone) and you can't say that Wolf is a clone, (look at Luigi). It may have been said before, but I think that the fans are asking for too much, and even if they got it all, they still want more.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
My vision of a Villager's B-moves:

B: Slingshot--quick, weak, chargable, the token projectile
Over+B: Axe--a lunge attack, can be chained up to three times. In the air it works like Captain Falcon's over-B
Down-B: Pitfall--spawns one Pitfall behind the user. Can only spawn one Pitfall at a time.
Up-B: Fishing Pole--like ZSS's Up-B

Final Smash: BEES

Three beehives fall from the sky (because there were three per day in AC, and you have three opponents) and bees begin to chase everyone. If they catch someone, they work like flowers with a little hitstun, stinging over and over. During all this, the Villager is free to move and attack.

This isn't Make-Your-Move, which is why I'm not covering A attacks, but, yeah, it seems to work pretty well to me.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Would Ridley even fit in as a playable charecter?
He is a little uhh...big.
God who cares about size. Okay how about this.

Look at Kirby and Olimar. There very small and that doesn't seem fair. So big Characters can be playable. It is like that in many games. WHO CARES ABOUT SIZE!

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
God who cares about size. Okay how about this.

Look at Kirby and Olimar. There very small and that doesn't seem fair. So big Characters can be playable. It is like that in many games. WHO CARES ABOUT SIZE!
Kirby has nothing to do with it.

Olimar is cited as an example because in his own series he is established as being the size of a quarter.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Ridley

He would not be like Charizard. Oh yeah I made a moveset for him and it is not like Charizard.

Ridley

B: Blazing Fire - Ridley breathes out fire from his mouth. If Characters get nearby, they will get burned and will keep getting damage if they keep getting burned by the fire. Ridley can continue to breathe fire and it won't go away.

Up B: Pirates Flight - Ridley will fly up into the air and if any Character is in the air, he will attack, but any character under him will also get little damage when he flies up.

Side B: Lunging Claws - Ridley dives towards any Character nearby letting out his claws from his hands and feet attacking any Character.

Down B: Tail Stab - Ridley wil whip out his tail up and down trying to stab any Character nearby giving them at least 2% damage for each time he hits a Character.

Final Smash: Omega Ridley - Ridley breaks the Smash Ball and then faces the screen and roars growing bigger and becomes Omega Ridley. Omega Ridley attacks give more damage for each character he hits and will only stay as Omega Ridley for 20 seconds before turning back to normal.

There. Now what do you have to say. (Only did the specials)

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, small characters actually do tend to have either a large advantage or disadvantage in fighting games. Have you seen Yoda in the new Soul Calibur games? He's basically Meta Knight except way more broken, because everyone else has a huge amount of trouble hitting him. He can't even be thrown.

Am I a few out of many people that say that Ridley would be a broken version of Charizard. (-_-)
I'd see him as being to Charizard what Ganondorf is to Captain Falcon.

Also, I'd see Ridley's over-B as similar to Ganondorf's over-B. Remember in SSE, when Ridley grabbed Samus and starting grinding her against the wall? Basically that.
Ridley lunges, then grabs the opponent slams him into the ground as he continues to move forward, doing damage over time. Then Ridley jumps off vertically, leaving the opponent on the ground, and giving Ridley an opportunity to follow up.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Wouldn't be Charizard. My opinion.

Do anyone think Custom Stages should return.

And you didn't upset me Nick. I was just giving you a point that big characters can be playable too.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Am I a few out of many people that say that Ridley would be a broken version of Charizard. (-_-)
You still made at R.I.D.L.E.Y. arn't you? GET OVER IT!!! -_-;

Moments like this one makes me wish SWF had an ignore function.
I thought they did, hmm they must had took it out due to it being useless and such. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom