• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Where's the Goku support? He would be the best character in the game fasho.

also smashu brosthas ekksu creator sakurai said hes not going to be doing nemore right? so who would lead ssb4?
Urm...No. Anime+SSBB=chaos, destruction, terror, woe, misery, pain, suffering.

Also, Mashiro Sakurai said that if Nintendo would make one (like how they practically forced him to do Brawl), he would be glad to help out and possibly direct it.

Hey guys.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Where's the Goku support? He would be the best character in the game fasho.

also smashu brosthas ekksu creator sakurai said hes not going to be doing nemore right? so who would lead ssb4?
Goku isn't the best character, Miku is. Goku's a jock, Super Sonic was first, not Super Saiyan. Miku beat's everybody, because she's a god over everybody.

And where did it say that Sakurai is not making another Smash Bros?

Xenomorph_1992

Smash Cadet
I'm okay with her, but I think the next Wario character to get in should be Captain Syrup.
I would actually prefer to see the Shake King in instead because we have seen him fight before and know what he can do. I know Captain Syrup has been the villain for Wario Land 1 and 2 but all she has done is summon minions.

alex3

Smash Apprentice
Goku isn't the best character, Miku is. Goku's a jock, Super Sonic was first, not Super Saiyan. Miku beat's everybody, because she's a god over everybody.
No sorry. I think goku>miku/vocaloid x10 to the infinite degree. can miku charge spirit bombs? noooope. can miku PAUNCH so fast you cant see? nope.

Simon Mason 1883277018

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Bionic Chronicle (SMB/Bionicle)
This SMB Game is a Crossover between Super Smash Bros. and Bionicle, over thousands of characters to choose from. The Game has a playable story line for Nintendo named The Subspace Emissary and The Mata Nui Emissary for Bionicle, Leading up to the complete crossover story line called The Great Spirit Emissary. (Final Smashes Kept).

Starter Characters.
Mario
Luigi
Pikachu
Kirby
Link
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Meta Knight
Zero Suit Samus
Samus
Toon Link
Solid Snake
Sonic
Wario
Waluigi
Diddy Kong
Fox
Falco
Ganondorf
Zelda
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Lucario
Mewtwo
Meta Knight
Mr. Game and Watch

Tahu
Lewa
Gali
Onua
Pohatu
Kopaka
Tahu Nuva
Lewa Nuva
Gali Nuva
Onua Nuva
Pohatu Nuva
Kopaka Nuva
Jaller
Takua
Kongu
Hahli
Nuparu
Hewkii
Matoro
Makuta

darkserenade

Smash Ace
No sorry. I think goku>miku/vocaloid x10 to the infinite degree. can miku charge spirit bombs? noooope. can miku PAUNCH so fast you cant see? nope.
Can Miku make you throw up? Nope. Can Miku make you so sick you throw darts at a fictional character? Nope.

More reason why Goku is sooooo much better, right?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Maybe not, but Miku can easily defeat him with her almighty leeks.

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Dragonball GT wasn't made by the original creater of the franchise, therefore, its dead to me.
As much as I like Goku...Only Nintendo related charecters will get in so...
KAMEHAMEHA!
And remember...
ITS OVER 9000!

Roihu

Smash Ace
Did the Vocaloid get some sort of craze over the Summer?
Before, I was like one of the only few who even heard of it, but then...
Anyways, Goku shall never be in.
Even Miku has more of a chance than he does.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As far as I know, there hasn't been anything in particular to get Vocaloid more fame aside from more videos from NND.

Simon Mason 1883277018

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Bionic Chronicle

Unlock-able Characters.
Entei
Raikou
Suicune
Raichu
Bowser Jr.
Birdo
Takanuva
Makuta Teridax
Makuta Icarax
Kapura-Tamaru-Macku
Takutanuva
Malum
Gresh
Tarix
Skrall
Vorox
Strakk
Mistika Takanuva
Toa Ignika
Toa Lhikan
Toa Dume
Axonn
Brutaka
Vezon and Fenrakk
Nocturn-Ehlek-Kalmah
Gahlok-Nuhvok
Pahrak-Kohrak

Buyable Characters.
Toa Vakama
Toa Matau
Toa Nokama
Toa Whenua
Toa Onewa
Toa Nuju
Turahk
Lerahk
Guurahk
Vorahk
Panrahk
Kurahk
Nuurakh
Vorzahk
Boggarak
Oohnorak
Thok
Avak
Krekka
Nidhiki
Keetongu
Toa Jaller
Toa Kongu
Toa Hahli
Toa Nuparu
Toa Hewkii
Toa Matoro
Mistika Tahu
Phantoka Lewa
Mistika Gali
Mistika Onua
Phantoka Pohatu
Phantoka Kopaka
Antroz
Gorast
Vamprah
Chirox
Bitil
Krika

Hidden Secret Characters.
Ridley
Tricky
Goron
Ness
Lucas
King Dedede
Samurai Goro h
Dethborn
Galleom
Wolf
Toa Norik
Toa Iruini
Hydraxon
Maxilos and Spinax
Nivawk
Tanma
Solek
Photok
Rediak
Gavla
Kirop

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure if you post that list like twenty more times someone will notice and make the game.

alex3

Smash Apprentice
Did the Vocaloid get some sort of craze over the Summer?
Before, I was like one of the only few who even heard of it, but then...
Anyways, Goku shall never be in.
Even Miku has more of a chance than he does.
vocaloid is only popular with weeaboo basement dwelling otakus.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You have to admit, the Miku remix in most songs is epic in a lot of ways. If only Miku did Lip's Theme Panel De Pon.... no no, that would make her too epic. ;p

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Why's everyone saying there are only going to be about five Mario reps? There isn't much wrong with having Waluigi, Petey, and Geno all as additions. So what if the Mario series has more representation? He is Nintendo's mascot, he deserves the most familiar characters.

Even with the most reps, it's just to establish Nintendo dominance; SSB won't become a fighting version of Mario Kart of Mario Party— it will stay a COOL franchise (cool as in not somewhat kiddy; both are definitely fun franchises, just kinda lame is all :p).

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Why's everyone saying there are only going to be about five Mario reps? There isn't much wrong with having Waluigi, Petey, and Geno all as additions. So what if the Mario series has more representation? He is Nintendo's mascot, he deserves the most familiar characters.

Even with the most reps, it's just to establish Nintendo dominance; SSB won't become a fighting version of Mario Kart of Mario Party— it will stay a COOL franchise.
Mario's series should have the most reps, yes, but even Mario and friends should have a limit.

The three you suggested are...horrible to meh at best. Waluigi is universally hated, Geno can suck **** for all I care (heh...ok, for a better answer, Geno just doesn't deserve to be in...Evar), and Petey is...meh.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Geno seriously doesn't deserve to be in the next SSB game.
He'd be lucky to get a trophy.
He's overpowered in the RPG, big deal. =\

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
If you dare put Mona before Jimmy T, I shall summon my dancing cat army to murderfy you.
I am sorry I am gonna have to disagree with you there. I think Mona should go in before Jimmy T. The reason being a few things.

1. Is female and we need more females.
2. In the games, she technically was the most favored employee of Wario and the one closest to Wario out of all of his employees. I personally think Mona should be a main character next to Wario himself if they ever make another Wario game although Captain Syrup could be ok too as she is a female villain.
3. Has red hair, making her different than many other people. Jimmy T has blue hair, making him too similar to Marth and Ike, and if Lyn gets in than with her too. Roy is gone, but even if he was present then there'd only be two redheads, not three blueheads.
4. Can sort of be a villain, after all in the Wario games she kills lots of cops by having her monkey throw banana peels at their cars. That reminds me I think if she had a moveset she should use her pet big, elephant, or monkey to help her. Maybe her down b would be good.

So now I have to be scared of a bunch of cats now... :embarrass

LSDX

Wah!
Geno seriously doesn't deserve to be in the next SSB game.
He'd be lucky to get a trophy.
He's overpowered in the RPG, big deal. =\
You....you just made my 'People to despise' list...*Watches joo*

@ The Sleepy One
Nico Nico Douga Medley--Vocaloid Remix for SSB4

LSDX

Wah!
If anything Geno is more than a candidate than characters like ROB; where did his attacks come from? Most physical attacks such as tilts and jabs come from the creator's creativity and therefore must be made up.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
inb4captainfalconsmovesarefromtheanime.

Sakurai probably sticks to the core material, and works from that. For example, Captain Falcon drives a car, so why not make him fast, and his name is Falcon, so add a falcon motif to some of his attacks.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Geno would work the same as Goku, he would charge up his beam like a Kamehameha, be able to fly with his marionette type skills, his flying punch is like Goku's punch, so overall I believe Goku would be a much better choice than Geno if y'know what I'm saying

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Who thinks that Sakurai should make the next SSB game? I would break things if he did. I would especially hate it if Nintendo delayed making it or didn't make it at all because Sakurai didn't want to get involved.

Sakurai should make Mario Party 9 instead. The only problem is that he would make the online suck.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
lol goku would **** in ssbb... he can fly up... shoot a beam at the stage... blow up the stage... and stay in the air and watch all other characters fall to there doom... cuz im sure if he can blow up a universe, he can blow up any stage u throw at him.. :p LoL

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
If anything Geno is more than a candidate than characters like ROB; where did his attacks come from? Most physical attacks such as tilts and jabs come from the creator's creativity and therefore must be made up.

Except R.O.B. isn't a one-shot character that Nintendo has to pay the rights to use, whereas Geno is. Geno is owned by SquareEnix, moreso than, if even at all by, Nintendo. All of those original made-for-SMRPG characters are. Geno is no different from Mallow or Smitty. If Nintendo had to put an obscure character in 4 (and yes, Geno is an obscure character as far as I'm concerned), why not use one they actually own who people would have a better snowball's chance in hell recognizing? R.O.B is fanservice with history. Geno is shallow fanservice. Shallow fanservice leads to Crash Bandicoot and other random "why the f***" characters.

It still amazes me that there are people who wonder why the hell Pit was ever included but these same people want a one-shot playable-yet-still-nothing-more-than-a-supporting-member-Nintendo-only-half-owns character in Brawl/SSB4.

Then to retort on the 2nd half of your post I quoted...since when does innate movesets matter? Fox and Captain Falcon (and later Falco and Wolf) had nothing to work with. Their movesets were from the creator's creativity and therefoe were made up. However, they stay in character for that character. Really, is it hard to imagine a mercanary/explorer character like Fox who exsists in a future-esque techno-savvy setting not to have a blaster or Star Trek-styled forecfield? R.O.B. has some abilities your or my R.O.B. toy could never do, which is what makes it fun in Brawl, but imagine if there was a world of Nintendo characters...can you not imagine those big-*** headlight eyes of R.O.B. not being able to produce focused light? Or R.O.B.'s ability to jet boost in the air...so the real device could never do this...so what? Captain Falcon is even more exaggerated than R.O.B., and Ganondorf is almost in the same boat (he's even worse...unlike CF, he HAS his own repertoire of signature abilities). The arguement of R.O.B. being pointless becaue his moves are ficitious (in a fictious fighting game no doubt) is very weak.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Who thinks that Sakurai should make the next SSB game? I would break things if he did. I would especially hate it if Nintendo delayed making it or didn't make it at all because Sakurai didn't want to get involved.

Sakurai should make Mario Party 9 instead. The only problem is that he would make the online suck.
I want Sakurai to make the new game. He's made the previous 3 games, and they've been met with world wide acclaim.
If you don't like the man, then why do you buy his games?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I buy/play the games because I'm a Kirby fanboy...but that's just me.

(granted, I bought Meteos before I knew he played a part in it.)

One thing that's confusing. He gives the game a serious air that makes it T for teen, but wants it to be played casually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom