• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Ill answer that for you trev.
Geno is a possesed doll from the game, "Super Mario RPG, Legend of the Seven Stars" Which is considered to be one of the greatest Mario games of all time. Geno is Mario's 2nd partner, when he plays with a Toad Kid (forgot name) He gets knocked out by the doll's (Geno) finger shot ability. when Mario wakes up, he sees that the doll is much bigger, and has walked into a forest. (Spawning the infamous "Geno's Woods" Bit) Whan Mario finds the doll, it is attacking Bowyer, a living Bow-and-Arrow, and he fails. He is trying to get the Star Bowyer stole so he can repair the Star Road. Mario and Mallow (little Nimbis Kid) help Geno defeat Bowyer, and Geno asks for their aid in recovering the Stars. Thus Geno is Born. Once they defeat Smithy (final boss) Geno takes the Stars and reterns home as a Star Spirit. The End.

thanks that was much better i under stand it.......but his a 3 party charaters now right?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
The wtf character.....thats a good one. Nobody saw R.o.b. coming. If I had to guess a Wtf character I would say. Baby Mario.
Can I make a confession? I expected R.O.B. in Brawl the moment he appeared in Mario Kart DS.

"R.O.B. would be a great Mr. Game & Watch for SSB3", I said.

I swear to Bob.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know why Ninten (mother 1) was not in the first SSB he was the main charater of MOTHER 1! why did they go right to ness from earthbound/mother 2.

im just asking did ninten get cheated out of his spot AND YET HE IS NOT IN A SSB GAME:mad:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Because Ness was the most recent hero of the franchise, and since the two characters (Ninten & Ness) are interchangeable, they went with Ness...?

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Because Ness was the most recent hero of the franchise, and since the two characters (Ninten & Ness) are interchangeable, they went with Ness...?
:ohwell: thats not good enough for me if you ask me they both should have bin in it the more the merry. and its not like Ninten is a bad charter

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Well, Ness and Ninteno look EXACTLY THE SAME! The way they wear their hats differently is the only difference. You can't even make an alternate color scheme for Ness to mimic Ninten since they have the same color scheme.

Holy Hitler! It's like we're all having different conversations at once!

LSDX

Wah!
Oh noes, I missed Geno discussion!?

Oh well; I'll just restate given facts if not already:

Geno is a supporting/main character in the popular RPG for the Super Nintendo, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Geno was sent by "A Higher Authority" to retrieve the missing Star Pieces that were scattered across the Mushroom Kingdom, which formed the Star Road
(Not to be confused with Mario Kart's Rainbow Road), shattered by the portal sword Exor. Residing in this dimension was a villian by the name of Smithy along with his crew, The Smithy Gang. It was Geno's mission to recover the missing Star Pieces with the aid of Mario and co. and restore order and manner to the Star Road.

On a side note, Geno is your primary magic user with above average (if not the best) offensive maneuvers. If this isn't enough, go check his bio on Mario Wiki.

By the say, he was not just in SMRPG. Geno also made a small cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga as a guide to one of the mini-games. Very, very minor apperence, but still a good easter egg for fanboys such as myself.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
To bad the first Square-Enix character that will get in Smash is going to be Crono. End of story. Geno has no chance compared to him.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but I'm pretty sure the director of a Smash game that would put in an SE character is going to go for Crono, the revolutionizer of RPGs, rather than Geno, that one weird doll that was good at using magic on stuff from the Mario RPG.

LSDX

Wah!
To bad the first Square-Enix character that will get in Smash is going to be Crono. End of story. Geno has no chance compared to him.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but I'm pretty sure the director of a Smash game that would put in an SE character is going to go for Crono, the revolutionizer of RPGs, rather than Geno, that one weird doll that was good at using magic on stuff from the Mario RPG.
Um, last time I checked, Geno's chances are FAR higher in comparison than to Crono's. The reason I say this is due to the fact that not only was Geno's game on a Nintendo console, he was also in a Mario franchise game. Throw on top of that the fact that Geno was in the top ten highly suggested character choices for Brawl (I believe he was either position one or two). Do your research before you go and make false assumptions.

By the way, Crono's hair is far "weirder" than Geno himself. ;)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

No, it will probably be Geno.

Chrono has 0 fan support (again, only Megaman has enough fan support to even be considered) and Geno is on of the most popular characters in Japan and the West.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Chrono? 0 fan support?

Not to mention that while, yes, Geno has popularity (definately not denying that), Chrono has much more. Much, much more.

If you were to ask somebody who liked both SMRPG (almost everybody) and Chrono trigger (almost everybody) that wasn't a fanboy of either, they would say they preferred Chrono over Geno.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
A summary of what Geno said- "Im Awesome, Yeah. You $#%7 for not putting me in this Game. But it wasnt your fault, Square-Enix wouldnt let me. If I was a Pure Nintendo Character, Id be in every Nintendo game as the main character! Yeah, Im that awesome. Chorono is Crud"

SirKibble

Smash Champion

Finally, a voice of reason among all this Geno nonsense.

Um, last time I checked, Geno's chances are FAR higher in comparison than to Crono's. The reason I say this is due to the fact that not only was Geno's game on a Nintendo console, he was also in a Mario franchise game. Throw on top of that the fact that Geno was in the top ten highly suggested character choices for Brawl (I believe he was either position one or two). Do your research before you go and make false assumptions.

By the way, Crono's hair is far "weirder" than Geno himself. ;)

Um... Crono's game was on a Nintendo console as well. SNES. Chrono Trigger. Yeah.

For Geno, the fact that he was in a Mario franchise game may actually decrease his chances, if you think about it. The Marioverse has quite a few characters who are likely to be included before Geno, seeing as how he only played a role in one game.

And Crono's hair is probably the coolest thing ever to grace the world with its presence. ;)

No, it will probably be Geno.

Chrono has 0 fan support (again, only Megaman has enough fan support to even be considered) and Geno is on of the most popular characters in Japan and the West.
Crono has more fan support than you give him credit for, though it's not as much as Geno's.

*is still baffled that people want Geno in Smash so badly*

LSDX

Wah!
Finally, a voice of reason among all this Geno nonsense.

Um... Crono's game was on a Nintendo console as well. SNES. Chrono Trigger. Yeah.

For Geno, the fact that he was in a Mario franchise game may actually decrease his chances, if you think about it. The Marioverse has quite a few characters who are likely to be included before Geno, seeing as how he only played a role in one game.

And Crono's hair is probably the coolest thing ever to grace the world with its presence. ;)

Crono has more fan support than you give him credit for, though it's not as much as Geno's.

*is still baffled that people want Geno in Smash so badly*
First off, I know Chrono Trigger was made on the SNES, I was just stating a generic fact. The statement you had given about Geno being a part of the Mario Universe is a bold one and very likely, but that doesn't decrease his chances than anyone else in the franchise. If anything, the next most likely character to take his place would be Bowser Jr.

A good point would place Geno as a canidadte iin the third-party categorization. I know, Megaman is the next best canidadte (if not gaurenteed) for Super Smash Bros. 4. Me hoping for Geno is wishful thinking along with some semi-concrete evidence he was once already in the game.

It was stated that Geno was originally in Brawl, but was removed due to copyright issues with Square-Enix. Rumor goes that M. Sakurai believed Geno was categorized under the first-party section of characters due to his apperence in a Mario game. In doing so, he placed Geno in the game already finishing up most textures, stage, moveset, etc. As it goes, Square-Enix demanded Nintendo and M. Sakurai to remove him from the game instatly due to not retrieving permission or whatnot.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
This is Just my opinion, but I think Geno will be Long and Forgotten by the time SSB4 comes out. IMO. I also heard Geno was originaly in the game. Stupid Square-Enix. Just sell Geno (and Mallow) to Nintendo! You dont use them, and Nintendo would make good use of them.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
If Geno wasn't forgotten by now, he never will be.

Squeenix is just being evil with Geno and Mallow. They have no soul. They would probably want millions for Geno.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It was stated that Geno was originally in Brawl, but was removed due to copyright issues with Square-Enix. Rumor goes that M. Sakurai believed Geno was categorized under the first-party section of characters due to his apperence in a Mario game. In doing so, he placed Geno in the game already finishing up most textures, stage, moveset, etc. As it goes, Square-Enix demanded Nintendo and M. Sakurai to remove him from the game instatly due to not retrieving permission or whatnot.

Didn't I already tell you this in the User Group? Nintendo knows that Geno is third party, and (obviously) having Iwata check over the list before the game began production, this would have been caught. That cameo you mentioned in super star saga? That tiny, tiny cameo? Yeah, SE got there names in the credits for that.

tl;dr

Nintendo knows Geno is third party. This is undeniable.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
In every contest, I have made one Guild Wars set. This time, I have chosen a representative of the most unique class in the series....

Gwen

"Destiny? Destiny's nothing but justice without the smell of burned flesh."

Torn Country/Torn Life~ Story

Quoted from the Guild Wars handbook:
Born in Ascalon, Gwen has witnessed horrible things in her young life, seeing both her country and family destroyed by the Charr. After the Searing, she was captured and enslaved by the Charr, but escaped and fled north, where she found other human exiles.
Since then, Gwen has become an adventurer. She makes her home in the Eye of the North, the headquarters of the Ebon Vanguard, where she serves Captain Langmar. She is one of the fiercest defenders of Ascalon, determined to exact vengeance against those who destroyed her home. Gwen has survived on the edges of Charr territory for years, watching them tear apart her childhood dreams and her beautiful homeland. Now she has nothing but memories-and anger-to sustain her. She is not the girl she once was . . .

In Guild Wars: Prophecies, Gwen was but a little girl, but she was famous with the fanbase. She was one of the first characters that new players would see as they walked outside the gates of pre-searing Ascalon. Many players fondly remember her as the adorable little girl who would follow you around after you give her a flute, iris flowers, a girl's cape. She was the icon of the innocence that was Ascalon. After a ruthless attack by the Charr, intelligent beast with a mastery of fire, Ascalon was burned to the ground. This came to be known as the Searing. It would be the day that destroyed Gwen's life. Many clues were left that she had possibly survived, or possibly escaped only to meet a horrible fate. The flute, iris flowers, and cape that you gave her could be found scattered across the continent. Many speculated that she might make a return to the series. Due to the 1 year between Guild Wars: Prophecies and Guild Wars: Factions and another year until Guild Wars: Nightfall, and yet another 3 years afterwards till Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Gwen did indeed return, as a grown woman. She has now become the embodiment of vengeance. When you first meet her, her only motive is to exact revenge upon the charr. Who knows what stopped her from slaying Pyre Fierceshot, the charr who joins your team as a hero? Gwen is one of the central heroes in Eye of the North, and, through special side quests and events, she can remember your character's relationship with her (if your character was created in Guild Wars: Prophecies) and meet the ghost of her dead mother once more. During these times, she shows a fraction of her former innocence.

Guild Wars~ An Explanation of the Game

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6105374&postcount=11814

Pros

Few moves have any visuals clues at all, and those that do often look the same, making Gwen very hard to predict.

Has the ability to shut down every kind of strategy.

Good defensive game.

Shatter Storm goes through shields, counters, and even dodges.

Empathy and Backfire are highly annoying moves.

Potentially great recovery with many uses.

Can steal a random special from the foe.

Possesses the ability to interrupt.

Powerful Final Smash.

Great traction.

Cons

Tall character.

Rather light.

Very few direct attacks.

Reliant on conditional moves.

Hard to master.

Hitboxes are often just as difficult for the user as they are for the foe.

Playstyle

Gwen has no definite playstyle. She has to respond to the foe's actions to win the match.

Anti-Melee
Use Empathy and Clumsiness. Keep your distance from the opponent with clever usage of Mantra of Recall. Overload is always good.

Anti-Spam
Use Backfire to shut down annoying special spammers, such as those with spam projectiles and Metaknight. Then use Wastrel's Worry to force the foe to make annoying and painful decisions. Use interrupts when possible. Overload is another option.

Anti-Defense
Though grabbing is as effective as always, Shatter Storm is easily just as tempting and effective. Wastrel's Worry is also an option.

Stats

Size~ Tall + Skinny
Gwen is a tall slender female, comparing to Zero Suit Samus (she doesn't have the chest size though.

Weight~ Semi-Light
A bit lighter than ZSS.

Walking Speed~ Medium
Despite being a girl, Gwen doesn't necessarily take her time.

Running Speed~ Above Average
Gwen isn't particularly fast, but she can outrun most of the cast.

Jumps~ 2

First Jump~ Medium
Gwen's first jump isn't anything special.

Second Jump~ Above Average
Better than average jumps, but again, nothing special.

Falling Speed~ Floaty
Gwen falls slowly. If it weren't for her indirect nature, she would have a respectable air game.

Traction~ Great
Females are typically graceful and she is particularly brilliant, due to her mental abilities. She isn't going to trip often and she turns well.

Dodges~ Great
It's all in the head. Gwen is a great dodger.

Crouch~ None

Crawl~ None

Wall Jump~ None

Wall Cling~ None

Glide~ None

Animations

Standing Pose
Pictured.

Idle Pose
Gwen brushes her hand through her hair like Marth, purple light that looks kind of like glitter coming out of it. She then brushes off her arms, the same thing happening there.

Walking
Gwen walks forward (left foot first) casually in a position similar to the one pictured.

Dashing
Gwen kneels slightly, cast her right hand behind her back and keeps her left hand forward, running suprisingly light. Spots on the ground glow purple as she steps off of them.

First Jump
Gwen jumps up, left foot leaving the ground last and her arms behind her.

Second Jump
Gwen performs a high backflip, gaining considerable height. Purple light radiates from her.

Shield~ Illusion Of Weakness

Gwen takes 1% damage per second to create a psycic shield that nullifies all attack damage and knockback. She can still be grabbed. Incredibly useful in boss battles.

Sidestep~ Distortion

For 2 seconds, Gwen has a 50% chance to auto-dodge. The cost of this is that she takes 2% damage each time she auto-dodges.

Forward Roll~ Confusing Images

Gwen rolls forwards at a normal dodge speed. She creates many illusionary copies of herself while rolling, very much like Double Team. If an illusion is attacked, Gwen turns to face the foe who did it, that foe suffers 20% more ending lag, and this roll has no ending lag, putting you in a position to punish with a hex.

Back Roll~ Confusing Images
This works the same as the forward roll, except that she slides backwards. The double team area is naturally different as well.

Air Dodge~ Diversion

Gwen performs a very normal looking dodge, except with illusionary purple copies much like those of the rolls. If the copies are struck, the attack that struck them is disabled on the foe for 2 seconds, preventing them from striking you with it a second time.

Specials

Neutral Special~ Arcane Thievery

One random special of one random foe is disabled for 10 seconds. Arcane Thievery is replaced with that special for 10 seconds. Gwen casts her hand in the direction of the chosen foe, giving this move some beginning lag, but little ending lag. This move has a dual use, allowing Gwen to utilize a random special from the foe, which could be anything, even the whorenado. It also prevents the foe from using that special. In a team match with friendly fire on, this can also target allies.

Side Special~ Empathy

Gwen's hands start glowing purple. There is no clue where the hitbox of the move is, as the hitbox is completely invisible. Without "charging" this only hits about a stage builder block in front of Gwen, though charging it causes the hitbox to move as far as 5 stage builder blocks away (with the hitbox still being a stage builder block in size), at a rate of 1 stage builder block per half second. Gwen will cast both hands forwards when you release B. A foe struck by this move takes no damage or knockback. This has fairly low beginning lag and low ending lag. What the hell? A purple aura surrounds them for 5 seconds. Every time that foe uses an A attack during that duration, that foe takes 5 damage. The damage is applied as the attack begins, so interrupting the attack with one of your interruption moves still triggers Empathy. This move takes a lot of time to master due to its difficult to use hitbox, but it is a powerful means of shutting down offensive characters, especially fast comboers. This move looks exactly like Backfire, so try not to be predictable, as it is to your advantage to keep your foe guessing.

Down Special~ Backfire

Gwen's hands start glowing purple. There is no clue where the hitbox is, as the hitbox is completely invisible. Without "charging" this only hits about a stage builder block in front of Gwen, though charging it causes the hitbox to move as far as 5 stage builder blocks away (with the hitbox still being a stage builder block in size), at a rate of 1 stage builder block's distance per half second. Gwen will cast both hands forwards when you release B. A foe struck by this move takes no damage or knockback. This has fairly low beginning lag and low ending lag. What the hell? A purple aura surrounds the foe for 5 seconds. Every time that foe uses a special move, that foe takes 10 damage. This triggers at the beginning of the special move, so interrupting the special move with one of your interruption moves still triggers the damage of Backfire. This move is difficult to master due to its hitbox, but it is an effective means of shutting down special spammers.This move looks exactly like Empathy, so try not to be predictable, as it is to your advantage to keep the foe guessing.

Up Special~ Mantra of Recall

Gwen remembers her current location. This has no lag on either end. When you use this move again, Gwen will warp to the new location with no lag at all. After 10 seconds, Gwen will automatically warp to that location. A very effective means of recovery if used correctly. There are no visual clues to inform your opponents of the spot that you have picked. The remembered location can be anywhere on the field- ground and air- though it is very unwise to use this move on a moving stage such as Big Blue, as you will probably warp way out of the screen's range and die.

Normal Attacks

Neutral A~ Wastrels Worry

Gwen casts her left hand forwards. If a foe was in this move's invisible hitbox (from right next to Gwen to 3 stage builder blocks away) that foe suffers from the Wastrel's Worry hex, evidenced by a worried expression on the character's face. After 3 seconds, that foe takes 10% damage and high vertical knockback. This hex is removed if that foe uses a special move. Casting this hex on the foe again while they are still under its effects is rather pointless, as it will only reset the hex. While this move can be useful against noob players on its own, anyone with some experience will likely use a special. Experienced players will attempt to use the special at a time you do not see coming. Combine this move with Backfire for maximum effect. In addition, you can use another move, such as Cry of Pain, to interrupt the foe's special move, dealing the damage of Backfire, the damage and/or effect of the interruption move, and still maintaining Wastrel's Worry on the foe.

Dash Attack~ Illusionary Weaponry

Gwen is able to keep dashing during all uses of this move. The first time you use this move during your dash, an illusionary rapier materializes in Gwen's right hand. This has medium lag on both ends. Every time you use this move after you have the sword, Gwen will swing it horizontally. The attack has low lag on both ends and great reach- the same reach as Marth's sword attacks. The priority of this move is very weird, as it doesn't stop opposing attacks, rather going right through them and "hitting" the foe. This causes the foe to think that they were hurt (when in reality nothing happened to them), causing the foe to take 5% damage and flinching. This goes through sidesteps, rolls, and airdodges, but not shields. No hitstun. Ending your dash causes the imaginary weapon to disappear. Due to its priority and the lack of super armor, a quick opposing attack can knock Gwen out of it and get rid of her illusionary weaponry. This is one of Gwen's few ways of "directly" attacking.

Tilts

Side Tilt~ Energy Burn

Gwen raises her right hand above her head and then brings it down, casting it forward. This move has fairly high beginning lag and low ending lag. High priority. No hitstun.A surge of purple like that pictured above appears in front of her, reaching one stage builder block circumference. Foes struck by it take 8% damage and good horizontal knockback. Against foes who have mana or another alternate bar (such as orb gauges), such as Arthas, Shaman, or Klarrann, 10 of whatever was on that bar (points of mana, orbs, etc.) is lost. This move is one of Gwen's few methods of dealing direct damage.

Up Tilt~ Power Spike

Gwen raises her right hand above her head and a purple spike similar to Force Palm in appearance forms in her hand and bursts upwards (in fact this spike is the same as that of the spike created by Force Palm). This move has a very fast activation, under 1/4 of a second, but has about a half second of ending lag. If the struck foe(s) were currently using an attack or special, they are interrupted and take 20% damage and the knockback of whatever they were attempting to use. If the struck foe(s) (if there are any) were not doing anything at the exact time the spike comes out, nothing happens to them. This move requires exact timing, but it can be absolutely devastating, especially if the foe was using a high knockback aerial or attempting to use a powerful special.

Down Tilt~ Clumsiness

Gwen casts her left hand forward. This move has low beginning lag and fairly low ending lag. The hitbox of this move is invisible and awkward, only striking 2 stage builder blocks away from Gwen in the direction she is facing. Struck foes become hexed with Clumsiness. For 5 seconds, the next time they attack, they trip instead and take 5% damage.

Smashes:

Side Smash~ Energy Surge

Gwen raises her right hand above her head (charge pose) and then brings it down, casting it forward. This move has fairly high beginning lag and fairly high ending lag. High priority. An explosion of purple energy occurs in front of Gwen, with it's center point 2 stage builder blocks away. It reaches 1 stage builder block on both sides of that center point, nearly touching Gwen. Those struck by this move take 8...18% damage and no knockback, but stunning them in place for a second. In addition, this damage combusts, releasing lightning bolts much like those pictured above in all directions from the foe. The lightning bolts travel 3...7 stage builder blocks from the foe, striking other foes for 8...18% damage and high knockback with no hitstun. Against foes who have mana or another alternate bar (such as orb gauges), such as Arthas, Shaman, or Klarrann, 10 of whatever was on that bar (points of mana, orbs, etc.) is lost. This move is one of Gwen's few methods of dealing direct damage.

Up Smash~ Shatter Storm

Gwen spins 360 degrees, waving her hand as she goes. Unlike most smashes, this is very quick to start, having very little to no beginning lag. A bunch of transparent objects that glow purple and appear to be mirror shards fly in all directions from Gwen. They fly extremely fast and travel 1/4 of Final Destination's distance circumference from her or until they hit a solid object such as the stage or a person. These deal no direct damage or effect, but they do have an interesting effect. If the foe was "enchanted," or buffed by a shield, reflector, air dodge, sidestep, etc., the shards damage the person for 15...30% (+5% per second of charging) and high knockback in the direction the shards were flying. This has high ending lag. The projectiles are harmless to foes who don't make any effort to buff themselves or avoid them. These shards technically don't exist, so they go right through other projectiles, neither projectile ceasing to fly its course.

Down Smash~ Conjure Nightmare

Gwen's hands start glowing purple. There is no clue where the hitbox of the move is, as the hitbox is completely invisible. Without "charging" this only hits about a stage builder block in front of Gwen, though charging it causes the hitbox to move as far as 5 stage builder blocks away (with the hitbox still being a stage builder block in size), at a rate of 1 stage builder block per half second. This has fairly low beginning lag and low ending lag. Foes struck by this move take no direct damage or knockback but are surrounded in a purple aura for the next 5 seconds, taking 1...5% per second. This move looks very similar to both Empathy and Backfire, and can be used to confuse the opponents if they are not paying attention to their damage.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial~ Cry Of Frustration

Gwen performs no visual action. This has no lag on either end. The nearest foe within half of Final Destination's distance is interrupted. If they were not performing any action, nothing happens to them. If they were attacking or using a special, that move is interrupted and they take 10% damage. When a character is interrupted due to Cry of Frustration, they will be seen saying "#$%#!!" in a text bubble. In addition, all foes within 3 of Snake's up tilt reaches of that foe will be interrupted and take 10% damage (they are damaged regardless of whether they were actually performing an action). This spell leaves Gwen helpless.

Forward Aerial~ Overload

Gwen casts her hand forwards, releasing an invisible wave that reaches about the distance of Snake's Side Tilt in front of her. Very low beginning lag and duration and medium ending lag. If this strikes a foe, it deals 5% damage and causes the foe to be interrupted. If an attack or special was interrupted by this, the foe will be overloaded, a burst of purple energy blowing up on them. The damage of that move is added on top of this move's damage and this also deals the knockback of the interrupted move. While this can be a valuable defensive move, it leaves Gwen open to punishment if she doesn't successfully interrupt.

Back Aerial~ Echo

Gwen performs no visual action. No lag at all. The next opposing (or friendly if friendly fire is on) move to effect Gwen (deal damage to her, interrupt her, knock her back, etc.) becomes echoed. For 10 seconds, she gains the ability to use a backwards version of the move for her back aerial. This can create some very interesting moves, such as a "stall then fall" that shoots Gwen in the direction behind her or an invisible backwards sword swing that spikes the foe downwards. The possibilities are nearly endless!

Up Aerial~ Web of Disruption

Gwen looks up and casts her right hand upwards, realeasing a giant, almost transparent, purple web that reaches upwards about 1.5x the distance that a PK fire travels forwards. The web widens as it goes, being the width of Gwen initially, and growing to a maximum width of 5 times Gwen's width. Foes caught in the web are interrupted and become surrounded in a transparent, barely visible, web for 10 seconds. The web has no effect on them. At the end of the 10 seconds, they are interrupted again and the combined damage and knockback of both interrupted moves (if there were any) is dealt to them. This move has high lag on both ends. This has a duration of roughly 1 second and stalls Gwen at her current aerial elevation until it ends. A potentially powerful move, it forces foes to keep track of time. Imagine having two high knockback moves reflected back at you!

Down Aerial~ Ether Nightmare

Gwen turns towards the screen and cast her hand downwards, realeasing an invisible ray directly downwards. It travels downwars for an unlimited distance, stopping when it hits the first solid object (friend, foe, stage, platform, obstacle, etc.) in its path. It travels at a very fast speed, going half the distance of Final Destination in 1/4 of a second. This doesn't deal anything directly. Rather it surrounds the spot it struck with a purple ring that reaches about the distance of Marth's sword + his arm. Everyone inside the ring takes 2% per second each second that they are inside the ring. In addition, this drains 2 units off of other bars (orbs, mana, etc.), if the effected person has one, per second. This aerial has high lag on both ends. This has a variety of uses, including setting a stage trap that discourages players (including yourself) from entering that spot, turning an entire battlefield platform into a trap, and turning a foe (or ally) into a moving hitbox (which can be both bad and good).

Situationals

Rising Attack~ Guilt

If the nearest foe is performing an action (in the case of this move, anything but standing still), they are interrupted and take 5% damage. Gwen is healed for 5% damage. This has low beginning lag and medium ending lag. Maximum reach of 1/4 of Final Destination.

Ledge Attack~ Chaos Storm

Gwen's hands start glowing purple. There is no clue where the hitbox of the move is, as the hitbox is completely invisible. Without "charging" this only hits about a stage builder block in front of Gwen, though charging it causes the hitbox to move as far as 5 stage builder blocks away (with the hitbox still being a stage builder block in size), at a rate of 1 stage builder block per half second. Gwen will cast both hands forwards when you release A. A Chaos Storm appears on the stage builder block that you released it on. This move has medium lag on both ends, not counting charge time. The storm stays on that location for 5 seconds, dealing 10% damage and good upwards knockback to foes struck by it.

Grabs/Throws

Grab~ Panic

Gwen gives the foe what is apparently a hypnotic stare. Has the same reach and speed as Mewtwo's Down Special in Melee. If the grabbed foe (if there was one) was looking in Gwen's direction, they start panicking, putting their hands to their head and running left and right over a course of 1 stage builder block on each side of their starting point. They snap out with the same difficulty as a normal grab. Very comical.

Grab Attack~ Shared Burden

Both Gwen and the grabbed foe become hexed with Shared Burden. No lag on either end. The speed of all their actions, including moving, attacking, jumping, etc, is slowed by 20% for 10 seconds. While this can be detrimental to Gwen, it is useful in aiding her interrupting game. This hex has an odd property. It ends on both characters at the same time. While this seems like a duh situation, it does have some use. If this hex is shattered on the foe (using F-Throw) it will also end on Gwen.

Forward Throw~ Shatter Delusions

Gwen puts her hand on the "grabbed" foes head and releases a purple pulse of energy into them. Every hex currently on the foe shatters, dealing 5% per hex. Also deals one level of knockback per hex on the foe (none for 0, low for 1, medium for 2, good for 3, great for 4, high for 5, with a max of 5). The moves counted as hexes by this throw are Empathy, Backfire, Wastrels Worry, Clumsiness, Conjure Nightmare, Web of Disruption, Ether Nightmare, Shared Burden, and Recurring Insecurity. Medium lag on both ends.

Back Throw~ Calculated Risk

The foe attempts to launch an attack that has medium lag on both ends at Gwen. If it hits, she takes 7% damage and medium knockback. If Gwen presses A again as the foe attacks, they will trip behind her and take 14% damage instead of landing the hit. An effective but risky throw. No ending lag for Gwen if successful.

Up Throw~ Illusion of Pain

Gwen snaps her fingers and the foe imagines that they are in pain, taking 7% damage and good upwards knockback. A decent throw being the only one of Gwen's throws without conditions that inflicts knockback. Medium lag on both ends.

Down Throw~ Recurring Insecurity

Gwen puts her hand on the foe's head. They become hexed with Reccuring Insecurity, taking 1% damage every 3 seconds. The duration of this hex is 20 seconds. It is renewed every time a hex is cast on the foe. Though weak, it's extra damage adds up. This throw has high beginning lag and low ending lag.

Final Smash~ Visions of Regret

All foes on the stage become hexed with Visions of Regret. Each time they cause damage to a character, they flash purple and take 10% damage themselves. This would trigger on characters like Pichu twice for many moves, as they damage themself as well as the opponent. The duration of the Final Smash is 20 seconds and the hex renews itself constantly over the duration, each attack launched by the foe being a new triggering of the hex. This is significant because you can exploit Visions to shatter the hex of the foe repeatedly. It also helps insure that Recurring Insecurity stays up. Gwen is able to move and perform all actions, but she is vulnerable to damage and knockback. A powerful Final Smash even if the foes don't attack. Either your foes become to scared to hurt you, or they reak havoc on their own life bars. Win win, no?

Taunts~ Tease

If attacked while taunting, Gwen still suffers damage and knockback, but she steals 5% health from the foe who attacked her. The pose used by her taunts is truely a taunt, her giving a feminine "come on" type wave.

Up Taunt
What's the matter? Not smart enough?

Side Taunt
"...and I'm all out of mossgum!"

Down Taunt
"Again? Can't we get some real challenges?"

Lose Pose
Gwen claps for the foe just like everyone else. Her hands flash purple with every clap.

Victory Poses

Up Pose
"Mother told me we see people again after we die. I miss her..."

Side Pose
"The Ebon Vanguard will fight until Ascalon is free!"

Down Pose
"Forgiveness? That's Lyssa's job. It's mine to arrange the meeting."

Extras

Character Portrait

Alternate Outfit + Colors

Alt. Outfit- Young Gwen

This alt. outfit makes Gwen shorter and as light as Pikachu. Her falling speed also decreases further.

Both Outfits Have The Following Colors:
Light Blue (default)
Blue
Red
Green
Yellow
Pink
White
Black

Color changes the primary color of the clothes (blue areas).

Assist Trophy~ Anton

Anton has come far since his days as a prisoner in Surmia awaiting execution. While others curse the Charr, Anton privately blesses their invasion—without it, he would never have escaped Surmia and fled north. He survived for many years by raiding the Charr, eventually leading to his capture. Freed by Captain Langmar, he joined the Ebon Vanguard and now serves them as a scout, utilizing his Assassin skills—for once—for the betterment of more people than just himself.
Although he does not consider himself a brave individual, Anton does feel a certain amount of loyalty to the Ebon Vanguard, and has no plans to betray them. Should Captain Langmar die, of course, that situation could change quickly—and the last they will see of Anton is a sheathed blade vanishing into the darkness.

When Anton appears on the field where his assist trophy was, he will use a random quote and combo. The quote he says signifies the combo he will use. He teleports to the foe he is going to combo. Once the combo finishes, he will teleport out of the stage.

The comboes of an assassin consist of a lead, an offhand, and a dual attack. Typically, a lead is necessary to attack first, followed by an offhand, and ending in a dual, though there are comboes that ignore this.

Combo 1- Death Blossom Chain

An excellent combo for damage dealing, but does not kill.

Total Max Damage To Target= 58%

"Your death will stain the ground, but not my soul."

Lead- Jagged Strike
Anton stabs the foe with his left dagger, causing them to "bleed" for 10 seconds, taking 1% per second.

Offhand- Fox Fangs
Anton spins 360 degrees, dealing 2 hits of 7% on both sides of himself. Goes through shields.

Dual Attack- Death Blossom
Anton stabs with his right dagger followed by his left dagger, dealing 2 hits of 7% damage directly. In addition, a burst effect occurs after each slash, damaging that foe and all foes within 3 stage builder blocks of that foe (circumference) for 10% on each slash.

Combo 2- Silent Death

"I like the quiet. Please stop screaming."

A powerful combo that renders the foe unable to react. Dodging the first hit can leave this combo useless.

Total Maximum Damage- 66%

Hex- Shroud of Silence
Anton throws a shroud over the foe, rendering them unable to do anything. This can be dodged, rendering the whole combo useless.

Offhand- Black Spider Strike
Only works if it strikes a hexed foe. Shroud of Silence works for this, but if it is stopped, this cannot be used unless the foe is hexed by Gwen. Very fast attack that deals 6% damage and poisons the foe for 30 seconds (turning them green), dealing 1% every 3 seconds to them.

Dual Attack- Twisting Fangs
Anton strikes on both sides by spinning twice with his daggers. Deals 2 hits of 20% on both sides and causes the foe to bleed for 10 seconds, dealing 1% per second to them.

Finisher- Signet of Toxic Shock
Anton casts his left hand forward. All poisoned foes on the field (including those suffering from the effects of a poisoned mushroom) take high upwards knockback.

Combo 3- Unsuspecting Death

A very hard combo to avoid, but cannot kill and weaker than most.

Total Max Damage- 50% (cannot bring the foe over 79% damage)

"Don't look around. I'm right behind you."

Lead- Unsuspecting Strike
Anton deals 10% damage to the foe. Very fast. If the foe had under 30% damage, they take an additional 20% damage.

Offhand- Wild Strike
Anton deals 10% with a single quick stab. If the foe was shielding, their shield is broken.

Dual- Nine Tail Strike
Anton strikes the foe with both daggers, dealing 2 hits of 10% damage. Cannot be avoided but can be shielded.

Combo 4- Promise of Death

An excellent killing combo that is sure to hurt like hell and might heal the summoner. But can be avoided.

Total Max Damage- 60%

"From the shadows, I send you into the light."

Hex- Assassin's Promise
The target foe becomes cursed. This does nothing to the foe, but if he dies, the one who summoned Anton is healed for 20%.

Lead- Iron Palm
Anton smites the foe down with his palm, causing them to be knocked down and take 10% damage. This is the attack that holds his entire combo together.

Offhand- Falling Spider
Must strike a knocked down foe. Anton leaps on the knocked down foe and stabs them with both daggers, dealing 10% to them and poisoning them for 30 seconds, dealing 1% every 3 seconds to them.

Dual- Horns of the Ox
Anton strikes with both daggers, dealing 2 hits of 10% and knocking the foe down again.

Finisher- Impale
If the foe has been struck by Horns of the Ox, Anton picks them up and stabs them, dealing 10% and high knockback in the direction Anton stabs.

Combo 5-

A powerful and versatile combo that can only be avoided by sidestepping his teleport and shielding the daggers. This combo grows more effective if the target already had high damage. Cannot kill.

"When you see my parents in the Mists, tell them I'm fine."

Hex- Beguiling Haze
The foe becomes instantly stunned as Anton shadowsteps to them.

Lead- Dancing Daggers
Anton throws daggers in all directions. The daggers fly half the distance of Final Destination very quickly and deal 10% each (only 1 can hit a single foe). The target foe is struck by three daggers, though these close proximity daggers only deal 5% each.

Spell- Entangling Asp
The foe is knocked down and takes 10% damage. They are badly poisoned for 15 seconds, taking damage that doubles once every 3 seconds (1%, 2%, 4%, 8%, 16%).

Offhand- Falling Lotus Strike
Must strike a knocked down foe. Anton leaps on the foe stabbing them forcefully with his right dagger. Deals 10% to the foe and heals Anton's summoner for 10%.

Dual Attack- Blades of Steel
Anton strikes on both sides with his spinning daggers. Each of the two hits deals 25% (rounded up) of the target's current damage.

LSDX

Wah!
If Geno wasn't forgotten by now, he never will be.

Squeenix is just being evil with Geno and Mallow. They have no soul. They would probably want millions for Geno.

QFT; I'm just curious about how the little dispute with M. Sakurai and Square-Enix went. M. Sakurai never "fully" explained the reasoning behind the December third delay; this was probably either one of two things:

A). Nintendo wanted M. Sakurai to refrain from releasing the game as early as it was to let the sales of Super Mario Galaxy rise.

B). A dispute between Nintendo and Square-Enix regarding Geno's inclusion in Brawl.

I'm stricken between the two, but I have reasons to validate the second statement.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
The only character I ever cared about becoming playable is Isaac. As long as he's playable, then I'm happy.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
God dammit.

The December third delay was a normal game delay. Sakurai probably withheld the reason because it was most likely to add in Sonic (and for Japanese gamers, Wolf). He hasn't told anybody because everybody would have gone 'Why was Sonic not in originaly instead of Snake?' Or, it could have just been that they needed more time to make sure the game was perfected. A four month delay could have meant that there were a number of technical issues to iron out.

The concept of Geno ever being in Brawl is stupid. Considered? Maybe. Actually having any design or anything done for him? No. Not at all.

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
Why are there still debates with Geno?

He's probably not getting in and being as stubborn as a million Captain Falcon fanboys isn't going to change that.

Oh and... Sheeda for SSB4.

Eh!

...Shut-up.
I resemble that remark
I love you.

Why all hate?

Why not Geno and Chrono in SSB4.
...and Travis Touchdown.
Yaa!!!11!

...and Falcon Punch have highest priority yaa!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not quite. If Geno was indeed cut for copyright issues, then they would make sure to get rid of any code relating to him. If this is true, then the mushroom forest song file was the only one kept intact.

LSDX

Wah!
On a side note; has anyone noticed that the Random Selection Box looks somewhat out of place? On top of that, look who it is placed below; Sonic and Snake. Now if we were to say Geno is third-party (which he is), then that would be the most logical position for him.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
On a side note; has anyone noticed that the Random Selection Box looks somewhat out of place? On top of that, look who it is placed below; Sonic and Snake. Now if we were to say Geno is third-party (which he is), then that would be the most logical position for him.

It would also be a logical position for a Random Selection Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom