• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n88

Smash Lord
I don't want any more Sonic characters in. Maybe a Shadow alternate for Sonic, but aside from that, Eggman is the only character who might deserve to get in. (We can only pray that they don't put the Werehog in)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't want any more Sonic characters in. Maybe a Shadow alternate for Sonic, but aside from that, Eggman is the only character who might deserve to get in. (We can only pray that they don't put the Werehog in)
Well sonic sucked that's the problem. He's fast but unless your an Expert sonic player you don't have much of a chance against top characters. that is unless they fall right in front of a windup punch every stock. If he was good that would change everything but just because he sucked in his premier doesn't mean he'll suck in the next game or anybody else from Sonic will suck. Tails and Eggman are the Sonic characters on the short list. However Knuckles is my favorite character from Sonic and when I found out gliding was on the game I was almost sure he would be in Brawl. I hope to God that if they decide to add another character it isn't Shadow or Metal sonic.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
you know wat would be cool if the makers of the game pick out alot of charaters and the people voted them in. but you would like have to have an email address so you can only vote once for each chrater. and the chraters that got the lest votes would not get in.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
you know wat would be cool if the makers of the game pick out alot of charaters and the people voted them in. but you would like have to have an email address so you can only vote once for each chrater. and the chraters that got the lest votes would not get in.
That is the fairest way to operate However doing it that way It would have to be like the Check mii out station. The Top 50 characters get in the game. My question is would all 50 spots be up for grabs? And what characters would be considered to be in? If it becomes popularity based and they decide to allow characters from Final Fantasy get put up for Voting they will win by landslide.....not that that is possible but you see my point.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
That is the fairest way to operate However doing it that way It would have to be like the Check mii out station. The Top 50 characters get in the game. My question is would all 50 spots be up for grabs? And what characters would be considered to be in? If it becomes popularity based and they decide to allow characters from Final Fantasy get put up for Voting they will win by landslide.....not that that is possible but you see my point.
it would be like the makers pick the representatives of the spots and who ever they pick, thats who we can vote for. the would be like 40 ppl and 20 get in and 20........have to wait for the next smash lol:chuckle:

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Every series in Brawl could get a newcomer. There should be individual polls for each franchise about who should be a newcomer in SSB4.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros. Clash (I guess that name is OK :laugh:) In my perfect world, will have 55 Characters, and these are them:

Mario Series-
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario
Geno

Spin-off Mario Series-
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi

Legend of Zelda Series-
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf Link and Midna

Pokemon Series-
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
-5th Gen Pokemon-
Plusle and Minun
Lucario
Mewtwo

Kirby Series-
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe

Starfox Series-
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Metroid Series-
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Stylux
Ridley
Dark Samus

Fire Emblem Series-
Marth
Ike
-New FE Lord-

Earthbound/MOTHER Series-
Ness
Lucas
Claus

Classic Series-
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Diskun

Newer Series-
Capitan Falcon
Pikmin and Olimar
-Random Nintendo Character-

3rd Party Series-
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

55 CHARACTERS!

Champio30

Smash Cadet
How about more EB characters. Said already ? I'll still post for the fun of it.

Paula (we need a girl)
Poo
Duster(Thieving skills great for his smash attacks)
Kumatora(Alternative for Paula)
Masked Boy(Treat him like Roy/Link/Marth)

Bosses:
Fassad and Interpreter
Porky Statue

Assist Trophies:
Runaway Five
Magypsy
Dungeon Man(I think that's his name)
Aloysius Minch(Grabs you, and does something to you, similar to in Mother 2)

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Mario Universe:

Mario (Has a Dr. Mario costume)
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr. (Moveset is very similar to Bowser, weaker and faster)
Yoshi

Pokemon Universe:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
5th Gen Pokemon rep

Zelda Universe:

Link
Zelda (No shiek)
Ganondorf (decloned, uses sword and magic for attacks)
Vaati
WW Link (decloned)

Kirby Universe:

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta-Knight

Star Fox Universe:

Fox
Krystal (uses staff)
Wolf (decloned)

Donkey Kong Universe:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Fire Emblem Universe:

Marth
Ike
Lyn (for the female + Fire Emblem rep)

Metroid Universe:

Samus
ZSS
Ridley

Captain Falcon Universe:

Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother:

Ness
Lucas (decloned)

Pikmin Universe:

Cpt. Olimar

Wario Ware Universe:

Wario

Kid Icarus Universe:

Pit

Other:

Sonic
Ice Climbers
Game and Watch
Snake
Isaac
R.O.B
Megaman
Bomberman (WTF!? character)
Ray 001 or Ray Mk 3

This is my character list, I like it more than anyone else's that I have seen so far. I am trying to come up with a few more to make it 50.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Mario Universe:

Pokemon Universe:

Mewtwo?????

I don't think that they will axe Falco and bring back Mewtwo to replace Lucario. Not that I would care if they did or didn't I just don't see them thinking that way. Still I think you had a reasonable list.
As far as PT goes I'm not big into Pokemon I admit but what would the fans think of you being able to use all of the Pokemon in the game? Implementing what I call "Switch out mode" how original...:laugh: But I think they could increase sales in other Pokemon games on the DS by allowing the to change the default 3 characters Whomever they are to put in any 3 they see fit from Their DS and save them under a name. I'm not sure how possible this is because...well I'll say it again. I am not really into Pokemon and I don't know much about it at all.

Supersmasher10310

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. Clash (I guess that name is OK :laugh:) In my perfect world, will have 55 Characters, and these are them:

Mario Series-
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario
Geno

Spin-off Mario Series-
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi

Legend of Zelda Series-
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf Link and Midna

Pokemon Series-
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
-5th Gen Pokemon-
Plusle and Minun
Lucario
Mewtwo

Kirby Series-
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe

Starfox Series-
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Metroid Series-
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Stylux
Ridley
Dark Samus

Fire Emblem Series-
Marth
Ike
-New FE Lord-

Earthbound/MOTHER Series-
Ness
Lucas
Claus

Classic Series-
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Diskun

Newer Series-
Capitan Falcon
Pikmin and Olimar
-Random Nintendo Character-

3rd Party Series-
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

55 CHARACTERS!
That is a great list. There is just one thing missing though..... That is the return of Roy and a delconed character for the Fire Emblem series!

Jash Thor

Smash Cadet
As far as PT goes I'm not big into Pokemon I admit but what would the fans think of you being able to use all of the Pokemon in the game? Implementing what I call "Switch out mode" how original...:laugh: But I think they could increase sales in other Pokemon games on the DS by allowing the to change the default 3 characters Whomever they are to put in any 3 they see fit from Their DS and save them under a name. I'm not sure how possible this is because...well I'll say it again. I am not really into Pokemon and I don't know much about it at all.

It wouldn't work...at all. That means the Smash Bros. developers would have to create characters for all 500 Pokemon that currently exist, plus the extra 200 or so that will be released in the 5th Generation. Would you want to do that? I didn't think so. Plus, it would ruin the balance between the three Pokemon, not to mention probably break PT's overall balance as a character if the player imported three super-powered Legendaries.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
How about more EB characters. Said already ? I'll still post for the fun of it.

Paula (we need a girl)
Poo
Duster(Thieving skills great for his smash attacks)
Kumatora(Alternative for Paula)
Masked Boy(Treat him like Roy/Link/Marth)
Yeah we do need a girl. Paula would be good. But we shouldn't have too many MOTHER reps. As much as I like MOTHER a lot, we cannot have so many. I don't know how Kumatora would fit though, she is taller than Ness/Lucas/Paula. I think even though still Kumatora would be good even if she is taller, she should just be a slower more powerful character than the other MOTHER kids. As far as Masked Man, if you're thinking about how Roy and Marth are (how does Link fit in the equation?), Masked Man can fit in. He'd be just like Lucas except his fsmash would be his lightsabre swinging instead of a stick with leaves on it. Poo and Duster? Not sure how they'd fit in. An assist trophy at most.

Here are some other girl characters who should be in Brawl.

-Krystal
-Mona or Ashley or Captain Syrup (take your pick, but I like Mona because she looks to be a fast agile "bad" character who doesn't use magic, and she has red hair while most girls have blonde in this game)
-Alexandra Roivas (voiced by none other than Jennifer Hale herself. Come on, even the guy who made Eternal Darkness said he wanted Alexandra in Brawl. But like Megaman, Sakurai didn't approach him even though he said online he wanted his character in Brawl)
-Female FE rep. I hope the new Lord is a female. If not, well ugh 3 blue haired swordsmen. I also prefer if the female FE rep doesn't have blue hair please.
-Maria Lengyel

Her game should be out on the Wii by the time SSB4 comes out. Her moveset would be very innovative. Hopefully no magic based at all, maybe she can have a real actual bullet-based gun! Or other improvised weapons like a shard of glass to slash at people with, or stab with a farming rake, or choke someone with a rope. It's supposed to be a scary game, along with Alexandra being in there.

Scott!

Smash Lord
As far as new reps for the big series, I'd say hold on for a while. Remember, Miyamoto has said the Mario and Zelda teams are working. So if Zelda's gonna get a new rep, I'd wait and base it off of this game, as well as the Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and perhaps Sheik designs. Toon Link probably won't change too much if they use him again. Perhaps another handheld game like PH? But declone him based on that game if it comes out by them (and exists). As awesome as they might be, Midna and wolf Link are probably one time characters, and would be outdated by then. Vaati would be cool if he returns, though. Toon Zelda/Tetra would be pretty sweet, but only if Toon Zelda was Luigified and Tetra had a totally original moveset. Toon Sheik would hurt my insides.

As for Mario, we should see who's important in the next game before we demand new people. If Daisy or Rosalina play a significant role, would that make them shoe-ins? Personally, I'd put Daisy as a Peach color change, but with full changes, face and everything. rosalina could work like that too, if Toad became a Luma, anyway. Bowser Jr being important in Galaxy definitely puts him high in the running though.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
The only reason I included Wolf Link and Midna is because they are making a new game for Legend of Zelda, and its Going to be a sequal to Twilight Princess. Im assuming it will have Wolf Link again, along with Midna. Making them more than 1 shot characters.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Giga, they have released NOTHING about the new Zelda game yet. All you heard are rumours.

Nintendo Power said that they're only making a new game and the rest of it is top secret, unless you have a later issue than me about this.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Diddy and Ness are first party. I don't see your logic there.
Diddy is, Ness isn't; he's second party. Ness is owned by Ape and Itoi has liscensed all his characters under his own name.

Too much character talk. :urg: If anything, people should probably talk about new mechanics that could help balance the game and ways to make Adventure Mode/Stage Builder/online better.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Fulgore from Killer Instinct.

After that's done, what else really matters?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was just thinking about Fulgore. If Rare was still with Nintendo, he should have be in. A really scary looking robot character that is for sure. But I don't know if Nintendo wouldn't like in SSBB even if Rare was still with them, simply because he looks too "serious" and not kiddy play friendly like Kirby or others. Then others would have problem with Fulgore as with Snake. That he "doesn't fit".

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
they better if they make him like bowers thats stuiped they could do so much more with bowers jr
Like what, for example, aside from making up generic moves that use the paintbrush (seeing as how he didn't actually fight with the actual brush in the game)?

In other news, the so-called "5th generation" Pokemon set to debut the 12th Pokemon movie next year turned out to be...

...a Pichu with a differently-shaped ear.

Pichu for SSB4?

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Like what, for example, aside from making up generic moves that use the paintbrush (seeing as how he didn't actually fight with the actual brush in the game)?

In other news, the so-called "5th generation" Pokemon set to debut the 12th Pokemon movie next year turned out to be...

...a Pichu with a differently-shaped ear.

Pichu for SSB4?
bowers jr can do a lot with the paint bush for his move sit, not to even say that if they realy get in to the chrater they could even make him trun in to shadow mario(B down)

HELL NO NOT PICHU WORST CHRATER EVER THOUGHT OF

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
They should put in an option to turn on and off certan Pokemon and Assist Trophies like you could do in Melee's debug room.

LSDX

Wah!
Been awhile since I've posted here (like two days), so I'm going to list off a bunch of random features I want:

- Download-able Content.
- More character costumes.
- Better Stage Editor.
- Improved Wi-FI (or servers would be nice).
- Larger character roster (3-5 third-parties tops).
- Less gimmicky stages.
- Ability to import music (MP3's, MIDI's, etc.)
- Improved Single-Player story

*Ends Geno icon for now*

ckerth0116

Smash Rookie
Okay, idea for a new story. The characters start a gigantic tourney, but not all really feel like joining. The starting characters have to convince them (hence unlocking them for use in normal vs. mode) by visiting their world and defeating challenges, most likely ending with a character-specific boss. After everyone has been rounded up, the matches begin. The character you chose makes to the finals, and wins. However, the "villianous" characters are, well, being villans, and start an all out attack on the "good" characters. Depending on who you chose, you on one side. Eventually, this fighting attracts Master and Crazy Hand, siding with the good and evil sides, respectively, and ends with a HUGE battle.
Apart form that, stages should have alternate styles to be chosen, including their original (8-bit, 16-bit, polygonal) versions.
A customizable character (most likely a Mii) with custom stats, such as weight, speed, power, priority, and unlocking a character in the story unlocks some moves to be given to your Mii (like Obvious, I mean, Falcon Punch)
Ohh, and FF characters! No, that'd suck, just joking.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Oh Noes!

It was the Pichu then?
*sigh* At least it wasn't a new legendary hopefully.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Big characters can be playable. It is in many games. So who cares about size. Big characters can be playable it is in many games. So Ridley can be playable.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Big characters can be playable. It is in many games. So who cares about size. Big characters can be playable it is in many games. So Ridley can be playable.
*looks at Melee Giga Bowser*

... that guy get's owned so bad huh? You can just attack him anyware because he has no good defense, a true disavantage of oversized chracters. The bad part about seeing Ridley fight is how will he fight? I don't think too many people can see him fighting right, but than again, how did Ivysaur get in Brawl, lol.

cba

Smash Master
LOL. also they made a moveset for R.O.B. i dont understand why they made GANON a duplicate of falcon in melee.

Supersmasher10310

Smash Cadet
*looks at Melee Giga Bowser*

... that guy get's owned so bad huh? You can just attack him anyware because he has no good defense, a true disavantage of oversized chracters. The bad part about seeing Ridley fight is how will he fight? I don't think too many people can see him fighting right, but than again, how did Ivysaur get in Brawl, lol.

LOL. Once I saw Ivysaur and Charizard in Brawl, I realized that anything is now possible. Ridley would be fine. He is smaller then Bowser and quicker then DK. He would be like Dededee. Probably a littler quicker then him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom