• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Smashchu, I'll give my response to each of your explanations.

1. Do you have much proof that Claus and the Black Knight aren't popular? Particularly Claus since we never TRULY hear about a character's popularity in Japan. Most of the time, it's spun out as a BS argument. Anyway, at the very least, they were popular enough to be appear on the journal a number of times. In fact, Claus appeared as much as Lucas. Of course, we don't know much begind the reason for the random appearances in the list like Link's Uncle.
First, the poll you are talking about was just a random selection. It is not the real poll.

I can prove the two characters are unpopular. I'm too lazy to pull it up, but search SSB4 poll and you'll geta locked thread with the answer.

2. I understand that the properties differences can make the fighter unique in a sense, but this does not justify Toon Link and Ganondorf. These two have plenty of stuff to derive from. Clones should only be reasonable ones like Falco, Luigi (to an extent), and other characters not included like Paula who would be somewhat expected to be clones/semi-clones in the first place.
See, your still talking about animations. See, all you did was make the notion that I had a different idea and then went back to your own little beliefs.

Characters are not made by animations. Just because you don't want Ganondorf having similar moves to Capt Falcon means nothing. The two are much different characters by changing little things here and there. This is why Sakurai is a game designer and your not.

3. Your interpretation makes sense, but I feel it's limiting. Just because we have never seen the characters in Animal Crossing fight, it doesn't mean we should exclude them. R.O.B. himself never fought or anything implied to it. They just gave him lasers and jetpacks.
ROB is also a Robot. Captain Falcon also never fought on screen, but we knew he could fight.

Animal Crossers are normal people. They don't have any idea of violence. It wouldn't work sending them into a game about fighting. This is something you have to consider when making a game. If it's out of place, it won't work.

And while I'm here *soapbox appears out of no where* the problem "fanboys" have with making rosters (and in the sad case, fangames) is they forget that everything needs focus. If you add Animal Crossing characters, it will feel out of place. Everything goes out of whack. It's like making a lot of pink building in a zombie game. Why would you do that? Same thing here.
4. I'm not touching this one since you're so set on the belief that items are the very thing that creates the balance in Smash.
Real quick: If items were meant to be a major component of the game, would they not contribute to balance? It's a matter of framework, a matter many wish to deny.

What does everyone think about the idea of making a competitive (a fighting game with depth and professional pla in mind) Smash spinoff?
The idea is interesting, but the execution is horrible.

What you described as the "casual" game is sickening. You basically described it as for "uncivilized peasants." It would be an imbalance pile with lots of characters and no restriction. Again, open a book on game design.

First, let me get this out of the way. The casual game (as it's call) would be the better version. The competitive is the one that will get the shaft. Why put more time (and money) in a game that fewer people will buy. Nintendo is a company that has relied on customer relations. If the game is poorly done the franchise tanks, as does their overall products. Of course, that is aside the point.

The idea is good in some respects. I have similar ideas of split games. The problem is polarization. You seem to break the fan base into two camps. You also seem to put more focus into one. If there are two games, then they both need a focus and purpose. Otherwise, you have two games.......

SurgePox

Smash Rookie
I think they would never waste money making two games just to make a small group of people happy and a big group of people happy. they would make one game and try and make that one game as good as possible.

Osi

Smash Ace
What does everyone think about the idea of making a competitive (a fighting game with depth and professional pla in mind) Smash spinoff?
Brawl+ maybe? Sorry if that wasn't the type of competitive changes you had in mind.

Oh, and sakurai has very little to do with brawl as one person. I would be more mad at the programmers and devtest unit than sakurai. He is nothing more than a figure head. The real meat behind building a game is just a trickle down effect. Production holds meetings to discuss its current product -->> dev trys to adapt to the production notes and fix the current bugs in the DB -->> testers tell them how it is still broken, and repeat that each week. The QA leads, programmers, and producers likely had as large a role.. if not larger than sakurai. A game on this scale is not built by one person, and with this much money/time invested I'm sure all the choices were group decisions.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The idea is good in some respects. I have similar ideas of split games. The problem is polarization. You seem to break the fan base into two camps. You also seem to put more focus into one. If there are two games, then they both need a focus and purpose. Otherwise, you have two games.......
This competitive Smash Bros. would have a vastly smaller roster (10-16) , and have much lesser game modes (basically it would be between Melee and 64 in Single Player and non-multiplayer modes). Obviously, this game would have a much smaller budget than the mainline Smash series. Heck, it could even be released as a wii-ware title.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
This competitive Smash Bros. would have a vastly smaller roster (10-16) , and have much lesser game modes (basically it would be between Melee and 64 in Single Player and non-multiplayer modes). Obviously, this game would have a much smaller budget than the mainline Smash series. Heck, it could even be released as a wii-ware title.
Or perhaps a Nintendo DS title? i could very easily see a more competitive smash come from a portable system. the DS games are cheaper to make, take less time to produce, and generally have a better online system. with a smaller budget and more of a constraint on what the programmers put in, more focus would be put into balance and competitive play rather than a story mode, or single player experience.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I read every one of those posts I made because I love this conversation. Anyway, I like the idea of two smash games somewhat.

Game one would bring back Mewtwo at least and add the only character(s) that are important in any way to the series, and get some kind of adrenaline rush given to it to make it fast-paced. Maybe faster than Melee, I'd love to see that. XD (The characters would be Ridley and Goroh, possibly.)

Game two would be able to bring the roster of 39 up to 60 with ALL of the characters I added earlier, add more stages, make more systems...with the intent of pleasing the audience opposite the one I mentioned earlier.

But on a side note, what I'd hate to see is a DBZ accident where we see a smash with "over 200 characters." I think I can live without seeing something so horrible. And I hope I do.

TWEAK 1: Characters would most likely be removed from game one. Those I THINK would be Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Lucario, Snake, Sonic, Zamus, Toon Link, ROB...maybe a few others. But I think following Game 1 would follow a shrinking roster trend.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
First, the poll you are talking about was just a random selection. It is not the real poll.

I can prove the two characters are unpopular. I'm too lazy to pull it up, but search SSB4 poll and you'll geta locked thread with the answer.
Maybe my wording was vague on the nature of the poll, but I'm aware that the "poll" was more of a list of picks Sakurai found interesting.

See, your still talking about animations. See, all you did was make the notion that I had a different idea and then went back to your own little beliefs.

Characters are not made by animations. Just because you don't want Ganondorf having similar moves to Capt Falcon means nothing. The two are much different characters by changing little things here and there. This is why Sakurai is a game designer and your not.
The point I made is that some characters should not be these kind of characters. I'm okay with clones as long as they are reasonable. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the reason why he's a game designer and I'm not is because I never had the opportunity to learn so (at least not yet).
ROB is also a Robot. Captain Falcon also never fought on screen, but we knew he could fight.

Animal Crossers are normal people. They don't have any idea of violence. It wouldn't work sending them into a game about fighting. This is something you have to consider when making a game. If it's out of place, it won't work.

And while I'm here *soapbox appears out of no where* the problem "fanboys" have with making rosters (and in the sad case, fangames) is they forget that everything needs focus. If you add Animal Crossing characters, it will feel out of place. Everything goes out of whack. It's like making a lot of pink building in a zombie game. Why would you do that? Same thing here.
The thing that irks me here still is the belief you and Sakurai share - that AC characters don't have a concept of violence or fighting. Just because you think something out of place doesn't mean everyone has the same opinion on this.

I'm not going to touch more on this part since you and I have opposite opinions on this and we can't ever agree on anything.

Real quick: If items were meant to be a major component of the game, would they not contribute to balance? It's a matter of framework, a matter many wish to deny.
I don't think they would have to contribute to balance. Especially considering their random nature. As mention in the SSB4 social group, is it fair for a bomb-omb to appear just as some is about to use a Smash attack, regardless if the victim is winning or losing?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm....interesting. My problem though was your idea for the casual one. It made it seem as if it would be the lesser version. That would be a mistake. But I like the idea, so keep working on it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hmmm....interesting. My problem though was your idea for the casual one. It made it seem as if it would be the lesser version. That would be a mistake. But I like the idea, so keep working on it.
Did my contribution to the idea help? I mean, I think the only difference between a purely competitive and a purely casual smash would be...

The competitive smash would be fast-paced. It would be more about the game engine than the character options, so some "weird" characters would get cut. Both literally and metaphorically.

The casual smash would PROBABLY keep the brawl physics, with some probable tweaking, but it would probably have the story mode like the SSE. It would have like 1,000 trophies and stickers. It would have break the targets. It would be way more likely to have 45-60 characters.

I myself would buy both. I love the idea of super-fast combat, but it's still nice to take a break and mess with the extras. That's why I ALSO think smash should stay one game.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The point I made is that some characters should not be these kind of characters. I'm okay with clones as long as they are reasonable. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the reason why he's a game designer and I'm not is because I never had the opportunity to learn so (at least not yet).
That word.....learn. What does it mean. Does it mean he might be educated. It might mean he knows things you don't. I might also argue that he has more experience. This is his third Smash Bros.

Any who, all the "clones" make scene. You may clamor "Lucas should be different then Ness" but in Mother 3, they were practically the same characters save for Lucas having more PSIs. "What about Fox having three clones" What about the fact that they are quite different in their own respects and Wolf is totally different. The final smashes are just a matter that it makes sense for them to have the same one.

"Oh but what about Ganondorf? Why is he a clone"
Sakurai mentions that he was lucky to get in – if he hadn’t had such a similar body type to Captain Falcon, he wouldn’t have made it into Melee
http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Games/SmashBros/I-ve-been-making-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters/page/1/

But, again, stop looking at animations. Stop looking at the special moves. Start looking how the character plays, not what the character looks like. Just because the moves are the same doesn't mean the characters are. Let's talk about ganondorf. Besides a few attack, his moves are identical to Captain Falcon IN LOOKS. However, he is very slow and powerful. Notice some of the moves that are different. His forward strong perhaps. It's a powerful moves that characters downward. It helps solidify that he is a character based on brute force, not a slow Captain Falcon. His down strong does a similar effect save it sends opponents upward. He is a very unique character, and these small different moves help to solidify his identity in the Smash cast. Why do we need another strong swordsmen?

The thing that irks me here still is the belief you and Sakurai share - that AC characters don't have a concept of violence or fighting. Just because you think something out of place doesn't mean everyone has the same opinion on this.
Oh yes, becuase Sakurai and I are the only ones who share this belief.

I'm not going to touch more on this part since you and I have opposite opinions on this and we can't ever agree on anything.
http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Games/SmashBros/Animal-Crossing-and-Miis-in-Smash/page/1/
Again, this is why Sakurai is a game designer and your not. Animal Crossing characters can not fight. "But neither does...." STOP right there. I know what your going to say. If it's Captain falcon, he is a bounty hunter, who fights. If it's Fox or Falco, they are mercenaries, and must know hand-to-hand combat. If it's ROB he has robotic moves. Although ROB never actually fought, it is not out of place to say he could. Sakurai showed that by giving him moves to fit this such as "scorching beams" and thrusters. It makes sense.

"But Animal Crosser can use tools like the slingshot and axe." The slingshot was used shoot balloons, not people. The axe was meant to chop down trees, not people. Anyone can BS a character moveset. It's not hard. The point is that it would be out of place because the characters are not fighters.

On one hand, they have an innocent charm to them that could be ruined if they were in a fighting game…
I don't think they would have to contribute to balance. Especially considering their random nature. As mention in the SSB4 social group, is it fair for a bomb-omb to appear just as some is about to use a Smash attack, regardless if the victim is winning or losing?
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WRONG ANSWER

*Smashchu presses a button, and a trap door opens at your feet. You find yourself falling until you land in a chain in a dark room. There, you see a projector screen and an instructor. The instructor is none other then Smashchu and the image is littered with items*

Your claim that they can not attribute to balance because they are random is absurd. Take critical hits in Team Fortress 2. Yes, they are random, but the rate varies between weapons. The Medic's syringe gun has a higher critical rate then other weapons. This makes the weapon useful amongst the others. The Medic also has the Kritkreig that gives anyone critical hits for 10 seconds. It give the player something interesting and powerful. The rate of critical hits is a way to balance weapons despite the fact it is a random occurrence.

If items are a major component of Smash, then they must contribute to the balance in some way. Not how each character has a unique swing. This is one way to balance the characters. Also, items fall closest to the losing player(s). This feature allows the matches to stay close and keep the match balance. But, even if they just give a character an advantage it allows the player to get some edge on the game despite the characters playing. It's all for a greater good. The items contribute as they allow the game some framework. Consider the items are the cords of a music band. The cords are important because they are the foundation of the song. They keep everyone on the same page. Item do the same thing. They keep all the characters close despite they are different. You can have the Melody (characters) and Harmony (stages) but the cords are there to keep the former to in tight formation.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Your claim that they can not attribute to balance because they are random is absurd. Take critical hits in Team Fortress 2. Yes, they are random, but the rate varies between weapons. The Medic's syringe gun has a higher critical rate then other weapons. This makes the weapon useful amongst the others. The Medic also has the Kritkreig that gives anyone critical hits for 10 seconds. It give the player something interesting and powerful. The rate of critical hits is a way to balance weapons despite the fact it is a random occurrence.

If items are a major component of Smash, then they must contribute to the balance in some way. Not how each character has a unique swing. This is one way to balance the characters. Also, items fall closest to the losing player(s). This feature allows the matches to stay close and keep the match balance. But, even if they just give a character an advantage it allows the player to get some edge on the game despite the characters playing. It's all for a greater good. The items contribute as they allow the game some framework. Consider the items are the cords of a music band. The cords are important because they are the foundation of the song. They keep everyone on the same page. Item do the same thing. They keep all the characters close despite they are different. You can have the Melody (characters) and Harmony (stages) but the cords are there to keep the former to in tight formation.
...Wow. They do? Okay okay, anyway. I don't think there's anything to change about items, except maybe add some cooler ones as far as SSB4 is concerned. Can we slide out of the items discussion back on topic? ^^

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
...Wow. They do? Okay okay, anyway. I don't think there's anything to change about items, except maybe add some cooler ones as far as SSB4 is concerned. Can we slide out of the items discussion back on topic? ^^
Yes please. Any discussion like this just turns into a nightmare. Especially when Smashchu is so fixated on his viewpoint (be it right or wrong).

However this is something that I should say and this disucssion brought it back to memory.

I think the best player is one who can adjust to any possible conditions present, whether they be items on, stage hazards present, or whatever.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The main thing I want is for Wolf to be able to cancel Blaster upon landing, like Fox/Falco. Lasers are kinda greatest of all peoples, bro.

Also, minor things. Like the addition of counter hits, a basic mechanic in fighting games.

Attacks deal xx amount more damage from behind. Rewards positioning.

Ability to cancel charged smashes. Mind games!

All minor stuff compared to Wolf Blaster though, ho.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, minor things. Like the addition of counter hits, a basic mechanic in fighting games.

I like the last two, but can you explain the first one for me, please?

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
TWEAK 1: Characters would most likely be removed from game one. Those I THINK would be Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Lucario, Snake, Sonic, Zamus, Toon Link, ROB...maybe a few others. But I think following Game 1 would follow a shrinking roster trend.

Why would Ice climbers & Mr Game & Watch get removed? There not clones, And Sakurai loves Classic characters...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why would Ice climbers & Mr Game & Watch get removed? There not clones, And Sakurai loves Classic characters...
They would be removed for the reason that they don't exactly FIGHT in their games, except for Ice Climbers off a technicality.
But aside from the clones, the "wtf"characters are most likely to be removed for a small-roster-ultimate-competition-smash.

justaway12

Smash Master
i sorry but i don't like your idea mainly because a lot people would like to see those characters people don't really care about logical ideas in games or they wouldn't buy brawl or melee and the competitive game and watchs, ice climbers etc. won't be happy...also with that kind of logic a lot of chars will be cut because they don't fight in games including peach, wario and olimar (i know there are some game where they played but not enough to make moves for this game) and why is snake and sonic out

majora_787

Smash Hero
i sorry but i don't like your idea mainly because a lot people would like to see those characters people don't really care about logical ideas in games or they wouldn't buy brawl or melee and the competitive game and watchs, ice climbers etc. won't be happy
If NOBODY honestly cared about logic concerning games, Brawl is more than likely the last smash game.

But it ISN'T the last smash game. Don't you just love it when people read until they find something to disagree with, then they forget to read the rest or what they already read? I do. :ohwell:

If it helps, I'll explain this again. -_- For the competitive edition of SSB4, it would be more likely that they would cut a number of characters. Drop the roster to...I dunno, anywhere from 20 to 35. That way they would have to bring fewer characters into the new light and they would have more time to give the competitive side a high-speed-combat engine.

I don't want to hear a disagreement for a suggestion, I want to hear an idea of how my idea can be improved.

I DEFFINATLY don't want "someone"ARGUING with my IDEA by calling me ********. There's no second part to that, just don't.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Guys. We're talking about a game where Mario and Pikachu slap each other and you're going on about LOGIC.

WHY SO SERIOUS?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Also I'm glad my idea for two games took off. About time I contributed something to this thread.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Remove tripping, return L-Cancelling and make Dash Dancing useful. That's all for technical.

Make the graphics a lil more smoother and add characters, new and old (yeah im looking at you Roy and Mewtwo...)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Guys. We're talking about a game where Mario and Pikachu slap each other and you're going on about LOGIC.

WHY SO SERIOUS?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Also I'm glad my idea for two games took off. About time I contributed something to this thread.
I have to give you credit for a good contribution of an idea. Some people make it somewhat difficult. But anyway...no more references. Please.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Sorry, have many people done that? I just watched that movie and it was in my head.

Another idea I had for the competitive version:

Customized colours. Many pros use existing colours but I think personal things like that could help you stand out in a tourney.

Longer names. Does anyone else find the five letter limit annoying? Eight at least. Nothing too high.

An Online Community. Posts videos from tourneys, gives tips and strategies, announces tourneys, show pics of the day... C,mon!

The worst thing about the Smash series is no matter what we get we can't help thinking of what we didn't get, y'know? Like look at the online options for Halo. Online gaming is becoming the norm and Nintendo can either accept that or sink. Their call.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sorry, have many people done that? I just watched that movie and it was in my head.

Another idea I had for the competitive version:

Customized colours. Many pros use existing colours but I think personal things like that could help you stand out in a tourney.

Longer names. Does anyone else find the five letter limit annoying? Eight at least. Nothing too high.

An Online Community. Posts videos from tourneys, gives tips and strategies, announces tourneys, show pics of the day... C,mon!

The worst thing about the Smash series is no matter what we get we can't help thinking of what we didn't get, y'know? Like look at the online options for Halo. Online gaming is becoming the norm and Nintendo can either accept that or sink. Their call.
I like the idea of accessing Smashboards from a game of smash bros. XD Longer names are cool too, but customizeable color schemes might be a bit....I dunno.,

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I like the last two, but can you explain the first one for me, please?
A counter hit occurs when you interrupt an enemies attack with an attack of your own. It typically results in more damage and hitstun or other properties, like launching or flooring. It penalizes reckless attacking and rewards precision. It's dynamic and skill-based.

Another idea maybe:

Ledge invincibilty granted only when using a recovery move to grab the ledge. Reduces the effectiveness of planking/ledgecamping.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Customizable colors sounds awesome. Aside from the chance of Bamus mains, it would be perfect.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm afraid of what would happen if we had custom backgrounds. Of course, there is that disclaimer for all games with online play.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Check it out

Yes please. Any discussion like this just turns into a nightmare. Especially when Smashchu is so fixated on his viewpoint (be it right or wrong).

However this is something that I should say and this disucssion brought it back to memory.

I think the best player is one who can adjust to any possible conditions present, whether they be items on, stage hazards present, or whatever.
I agree on the bold.

Also, not sure if that was an insult or a compliment.

The main thing I want is for Wolf to be able to cancel Blaster upon landing, like Fox/Falco. Lasers are kinda greatest of all peoples, bro.

All minor stuff compared to Wolf Blaster though, ho.
I would disagree on those ideas for the same reason I do with most. The problem is those are features that would only be useful for competitive players. It would be useless for everyone else besides the 3rd one (however it is namely for competitive players). The game runs on it's easy to play aspects. Any feature to remove this would be a step backwards, not forwards.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I don't see why a separate game is really that necessary. It's not that hard to balance the game for 1v1 no items neutral stages if you actually try to do it, it really wouldn't take up that much time if they actually tried. The game is already balanced for any other forms of combat and nobody cares about balance in luck bonanzas anyway, so that shouldn't be a focus.

I think having two separate games would just upset people that SSB4 mainstream newcomers don't get into the competetive SSB4 and we'll have more arguments over why certain characters should be in over other ones I. E. my infamous Mewtwo > Ice Climbers/Rob/Shiek/Falco/Toon Link

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I agree on the bold.

Also, not sure if that was an insult or a compliment.

I would disagree on those ideas for the same reason I do with most. The problem is those are features that would only be useful for competitive players. It would be useless for everyone else besides the 3rd one (however it is namely for competitive players). The game runs on it's easy to play aspects. Any feature to remove this would be a step backwards, not forwards.
It's neither an insult nor a compliment. It's just a statement, nothing more. However, despite this, I feel that characters shouldn't be a much different fighter with or without fighters or with 3-4 players involved.

Anyway, those elements are good when you think about it. They can give the player the take it or leave it approach. If the casual crowd will find it useless, they really won't complain much.

I've noticed that you seem to be very pro-casual. Why not make the game where it is easy to learn, but hard to master? This way, everyone can have whatever flavor of cake they want and enjoy.

As for attacks in the back being more powerful, why not make some attacks that don't have hitstun be given it through that. Or, how about increasing hitstun? After all, in real life, it usually hurts more to be hit in the back then in the front.

Roihu

Smash Ace
After all, in real life, it usually hurts more to be hit in the back then in the front.
The lower part of my body would like to have a word with you. :urg:
But in general, this is true.
Also, Sakurai appears to love ledgecamping so, I don't think the invincibilty only if you recover will happen. Plus, that'll only give characters like MK an extra boost.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The lower part of my body would like to have a word with you. :urg:
But in general, this is true.
Well, I was mostly talking about the upper body. Speaking of which, imagine they had extra properties for hitting below the waist, I doubt it'd happen since it'd be so complex.

Osi

Smash Ace
While I'd love a second smash on the wii I doubt a new smash comes out soon though. The brawl dev team is currently working on a ninja turtles fighter with the team ninja dev team. This means at least 1 1/2 to 2 years till a new smash if they want that dev team from brawl on it. By that point a new nintendo console is likely to be in the works, and it'll be delayed as the launch title for it. ^^

There is also the other issue of titles coming out before it. Zelda is in the works atm, as is another mario (this title is likely to be announced E3 this year). There is also the rumor of a new f zero that will be in development. These big titles with their long list of first party small titles will keep nintendo busy.

I just hope we see a updated re-release of brawl with competition in mind (this could be done rather cheap and fast), or at least the next one as a launch title for their new console. Edit- I meant a brawl with options like auto l cancel/shield stun/melee air dodge/Hitstun modifier/ledge cancel/no auto sweetspot built in.

Given all of this I hope SSB4 is a bigger game with a huge cast list, more options for competitive play to turn on, and no delays this time. A new engine would be cool to see also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom