• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
My roster list
@ means rework the moveset
*means unlockable
_____ means new

Mario Series
1: Mario
2: Luigi*
3: Peach(uses Professor toadsworth for B)
4: Bowser
5: Bowser Jr*
6: Toad*

DK Series

7: DK
8: Diddy
9: King K. Rool*

Yoshi Series
10: Yoshi

Wario Series

11: Wario
12:Waluigi (isn’t from warioware but he belongs with wario)

Metroid Series

13: Samus
14 Zero suit samus(I want them separate)
15: Ridley*

Kirby Series

16: Kirby
17: King DDD
18: Meta-Knight*

Zelda Series

19: Link
20: Zelda/Sheik
21: Ganondorf@* (With his freaking sword!)
22: Toon Link@*
21: Vaati*

Pokemon Series

22: Pikachu
23:Jigglypuff
24: Lucario*
25: Mewtwo@*(tell me if you want to replace his >B and VB)
26: Pokemon Trainer(might switch pokemon)
27: New Gen pokemon*

Fire Emblem Series

28: Marth
29: Ike*
30: Lyn or new FE lord

EarthBound series

31: Ness
32: Lucas@* (Why should we unlock ness if lucas is newer)

Starfox Series

33: Fox
34: Falco@
35: Krystal*
36: Wolf@*

Pikmin series

37: Olimar & Pikmin

F-Zero Series

38: Captain Falcon
39: Samurai Goroh*

Golden Sun Series:
40: Isaac

3rd Party Series

41: Sonic*
42: Snake*
43: Megaman*
44:Bomberman*

WTF Series

45: Mr. Game & Watch*
46: Pit
47: Ice Climbers
48: R.O.B.*
49: Ballon Fighter
50:Little Mac*

Tell me what you think of it :)

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
(Mario) Bowser Jr. would be alright, but Toad doesn't imo fit well.

(Metroid) Whats with Ridley, I mean hes way too big to be a normal character, not to mention hes a boss already in SSBB.

(Star Fox) Falco already got changed a lot. Let him be this time. I kinda like him in Brawl. Krystal... maybe but, it would end up as another copy of Fox.... a female copy...

(Zelda) Vaati, who the heck? Aren't the characters supposed to be representing their series, you know... Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are pretty much it. (Toon Link is just another Link)

(Pokemon)... I don't know, maybe remove Lucario and add new gen (like Mewtwo -> Lucario -> another new psychic).

(FE and Golden Sun) I'd like to see Lyn and Isaac. Both are kickass.

(F-Zero) Samurai Goroh, sounds good.

Pretty much about it.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I'm tired of people saying that Kystal is going to be another space animal. All of the backlash from having two characters with different versions of Fox's special moves makes it very unlikely of Krystal being another space animal. If Sakurai isn't a total moron, then he'll give Krystal different specials from the rest of the SF characters and kick out either Wolf who would be demoted to an alternate costume for Fox if kicked out or Falco who would get demoted into an Assist trophy if canned.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I decided to put toad in because he was one of the first mario characters.

Ridley could be resized but i'm kinda on the fence with him. I just decided metroid deserved a villain.

I remember my first actual zelda game i ever played had vaati in it an i've loved emo creepy freak ever since. Plus Vaati has been in the series more often than many other characters and LoZ deserves extra characters.

I dislike cutting characters so i tried to keep in all characters and bring back the non clone.

plus i know this won't be the real roster so i just put in some of the character that i felt like

CloneHat

Smash Champion
We need Zack and Wiki!

I also think (the original, not battle network x or something) Megaman should be added, and Ganondorf should be un-cloned.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It has been ages sine I've done this...

Generic characters have no chance to make it into Smash. Seeing as there's thousands of toads out there, the best they'll ever get is Peach's side special.

12:Waluigi (isn’t from warioware but he belongs with wario)
Waluigi is incredibly iffy. He might get in someday, but despite how much he belongs with Wario, he's still a Mario character. Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario will get in before he does.

21: Vaati*
GOD I LOVE YOU GOD I LOVE YOU GOD I LOVE YOU.

Too bad that Vaati will never make it in. Tingle is the next most likely Zelda rep, as much as I hate to admit it.

25: Mewtwo@*(tell me if you want to replace his >B and VB)
It's either Lucario or Mewtwo. Pick the most likely one (hint: It isn't Mewtwo)

30: Lyn or new FE lord
Fixed :bee:

EarthBound series

Words cannot describe how incredibly wrong this choice is. Krystal will never be a smash ever, despite Sakurai's bias towards Star Fox. SF isn't a big franchise for Nintendo (as much as I hate to admit it) and Bowser Jr. will become the staff-wielder long before she will be.

39: Samurai Goroh*
Black Shadow is more likely, if only because somebody needs to inherit Ganon's old moveset.

40: Isaac
<3

44:Bomberman*
Bomberman is incredibly unlikely. Outside of hardcore gamers he's not very well known, and Nintnedo will probably only allow 3rd party characters for promotion (see: Snake). Crono will probably be the fourth 3rd party character for Smash, and even then, he's not getting in SSB4.

49: Ballon Fighter
Firstly, the name was spelled wrong (two O's ;))

Other than that, Balloon Fighter doesn't have much going for him. I admit, if we're getting a 'WTF ZOMG' character for SSB4 it's probably him... but I dunno, I don't want to see him in. Of course, he's probably getting in, so his inclusion in your list wasn't that bad. Guess I kinda wasted my time writing this paragraph.

Overall, decent list. Hundreds of times better than several lists that have been posted here. You've done a better job than most of the people who have been around here for a while.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I have an idea for a new attack system. The new attack would be called a Super Smash. To use a Super Smash, you'll have to build you Super Smash aura. Your Smash aura goes up according to how much damage you have sustained. Each character has a different rate, but once they reach that rate, they can activate a Super Smash attack.

Unlike Final Smash attacks, Super Smash attacks are a mandatory part of the game. They can not be turned off, and they are just as balanced as any other regular move.

The button input of a Super Smash can either be assigned to L, R, X, Y, Z or the C-Stick on the Gamecube controller. This means that you can still use regular moves while you have a Super Smash charged.

Note that if you have a full meter, it carries on to your next stock. However, the new meter starts building up at the point at which you used your last Super Smash.

Some examples I though of:

Marth, Critical Strike: When this Super Smash attack is used, the next regular Smash attack Marth performs will have 1.5x knock back and 2x damage.

Charizard, Fire Blast: Charizard launches a massive flaming attack that leaves the foe burnt. A burnt foe takes residual damage and has their attack strength reduced by 12.5%.

Mario, Rocket Nozzle: Mario blasts into the air, dealing damage to anyone he strikes going up, and anyone caught in the blast radius during launch.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
It has been ages sine I've done this...

Generic characters have no chance to make it into Smash. Seeing as there's thousands of toads out there, the best they'll ever get is Peach's side special.

Waluigi is incredibly iffy. He might get in someday, but despite how much he belongs with Wario, he's still a Mario character. Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario will get in before he does.

GOD I LOVE YOU GOD I LOVE YOU GOD I LOVE YOU.

Too bad that Vaati will never make it in. Tingle is the next most likely Zelda rep, as much as I hate to admit it.

It's either Lucario or Mewtwo. Pick the most likely one (hint: It isn't Mewtwo)

Fixed :bee:

EarthBound series

Words cannot describe how incredibly wrong this choice is. Krystal will never be a smash ever, despite Sakurai's bias towards Star Fox. SF isn't a big franchise for Nintendo (as much as I hate to admit it) and Bowser Jr. will become the staff-wielder long before she will be.

Black Shadow is more likely, if only because somebody needs to inherit Ganon's old moveset.

<3

Bomberman is incredibly unlikely. Outside of hardcore gamers he's not very well known, and Nintnedo will probably only allow 3rd party characters for promotion (see: Snake). Crono will probably be the fourth 3rd party character for Smash, and even then, he's not getting in SSB4.

Firstly, the name was spelled wrong (two O's ;))

Other than that, Balloon Fighter doesn't have much going for him. I admit, if we're getting a 'WTF ZOMG' character for SSB4 it's probably him... but I dunno, I don't want to see him in. Of course, he's probably getting in, so his inclusion in your list wasn't that bad. Guess I kinda wasted my time writing this paragraph.

Overall, decent list. Hundreds of times better than several lists that have been posted here. You've done a better job than most of the people who have been around here for a while.
I agree with what you say for the most part but:

1) Sakurai has absolutely no bias towards Star Fox. The inclusion of Wolf does not indicate anything. He wanted to bulk up the roster, and there was good source material for another character there.

2) Krystal is a great character with good move potential. She may not be the most popular character, but she would make a good addition to the cast (more so than Wolf in my opinion). However, to say that she has no chance because Bowser Jr. will be the first staff wielder is absurd. Sure, I'd much rather see Bowser Jr., but I wouldn't call him a staff user per se. First off, just because one of his moves may involve a paintbrush doesn't make him a staff user. Second of all, it's stupid to think two staff users can't make it in simultaneously.

3) Mewtwo>Lucario...any day, any time. Mewtwo will make a come back in the next Smash game, and Lucario will be replaced by a newer more popular Pokemon. Watch and see.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
1) Sakurai has absolutely no bias towards Star Fox. The inclusion of Wolf does not indicate anything. He wanted to bulk up the roster, and there was good source material for another character there.
How would one of Nintendo's least popular franchises get more reps than Donkey Kong?

2) Krystal is a great character with good move potential. She may not be the most popular character, but she would make a good addition to the cast (more so than Wolf in my opinion). However, to say that she has no chance because Bowser Jr. will be the first staff wielder is absurd. Sure, I'd much rather see Bowser Jr., but I wouldn't call him a staff user per se. First off, just because one of his moves may involve a paintbrush doesn't make him a staff user. Second of all, it's stupid to think two staff users can't make it in simultaneously.
Bowser Jr. wasn't the only reason. By all means, replace Wolf with Krystal! I would love that, as it would bring in another unique moveset. But Krystal won't get in (unless Wolf gets kicked) because A) Star Fox is already horribly over-represented and B) There are several better choices for new characters.

3) Mewtwo>Lucario...any day, any time. Mewtwo will make a come back in the next Smash game, and Lucario will be replaced by a newer more popular Pokemon. Watch and see.
Actually, Lucario's going to stay and a newer more popular Pokemon will be added. As much as I like and prefer Mewtwo (I love him. I love him so much), Lucario will stay soley to represent the newer Pokemon generations. Keeping in Mewtwo would make SIX first generation Pokemon reps. First generation is my favorite Pokemon, but there is no way in hell that it is getting six representatives while the newer gens would only get one.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Lucario>Mewtwo...any day, any time. FACT.

Though for the sake of Nintendo's Big Three (Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon) having an antagonist each, Mewtwo needs to return (Bowser,Ganondorf, Mewtwo).

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Lucario>Mewtwo...any day, any time. FACT.

Though for the sake of Nintendo's Big Three (Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon) having an antagonist each, Mewtwo needs to return (Bowser,Ganondorf, Mewtwo).
1) Gen representation doesn't matter.
2) Mewtwo actually has moves reflecting his characters.
3) Mewtwo has a much more developed back story.
4) Any money if you ask an average person that owns Smash, they'd prefer Mewtwo over Lucario.

Finally, Mewtwo isn't an antagonist...Mewtwo's more of an anti-hero.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
How would one of Nintendo's least popular franchises get more reps than Donkey Kong?
1) Star Fox may be un-popular in recent years, but back in the day, Star Fox was da shiz!

2) The Star Fox series was chosen to get an additional rep because of the category Wolf falls under as a character. He's different enough from Fox and Falco to be distinct, but can still conceivably be a clone character. The only two other viable DK reps were Dixie and K.Rool. Dixie is too similar to Diddy, and K.Rool would have to be his own completely unique character. Also, I think Wolf is more appealing than Dixie in the eyes of most.

3) The DK series may have also been "neglected' because it is viewed by many to be an extension of the Mario series.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
1) Star Fox may be un-popular in recent years, but back in the day, Star Fox was da shiz!
I use this argument a lot... for retro characters. It doesn't apply to characters with active series.

2) The Star Fox series was chosen to get an additional rep because of the category Wolf falls under as a character. He's different enough from Fox and Falco to be distinct, but can still conceivably be a clone character. The only two other viable DK reps were Dixie and K.Rool. Dixie is too similar to Diddy, and K.Rool would have to be his own completely unique character. Also, I think Wolf is more appealing than Dixie in the eyes of most.
Dixie? Viable? I lol'd.

K. Rool deserved Smash way more than Wolf. Star Fox was pushing it getting a third rep. A fourth rep is bull****.

3) The DK series may have also been "neglected' because it is viewed by many to be an extension of the Mario series.
Sakurai isn't stupid, believe it or not.

@Mewtwo

Mewtwo won't make it because the Pokemon Company likes advertising, and Lucario will be more recognizable to the newer Pokemon fans while Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle + Ivysaur + Charizard make the old school Pokemon fans happy. The Pokemon Company is all about product placement.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Or maybe (work with me here) but the franchise is one that a lot of people like and that is why it is getting characters.

(Fun Fact: Sakurai was surprised of Starfox's popularity back in Melee).

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I use this argument a lot... for retro characters. It doesn't apply to characters with active series.

Dixie? Viable? I lol'd.

K. Rool deserved Smash way more than Wolf. Star Fox was pushing it getting a third rep. A fourth rep is bull****.

Sakurai isn't stupid, believe it or not.

@Mewtwo

Mewtwo won't make it because the Pokemon Company likes advertising, and Lucario will be more recognizable to the newer Pokemon fans while Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle + Ivysaur + Charizard make the old school Pokemon fans happy. The Pokemon Company is all about product placement.
-Star Fox is merely a series that needs rejuvenation.

-K.Rool does deserve a spot more than Wolf. However, Sakurai was posed with a limited schedule in making Brawl. Therefore, Sakurai had to make clones. K.Rool could not be a clone, he is TOO unique (lol).

-If it were up to me, Star Fox would have two reps: Star Fox, and Falco with a unique moveset. However, if there should be a third Star Fox rep, I do believe that Krystal should be in.

-Sakurai is stupid. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have to recover :bee: Seriously though, even though Diddy isn't related that much to the Mario series, DK in all honesty is just as close to the Mario series as Yoshi (and Wario for that matter).

-Will Lucario be recognizable to five year old Pokemon fan by the next time the new Smash comes out? He'll be just as recognizable to that fan as Lugia is to a Pokemon fan now. I predict two generations of Pokemon will pass by before the next Smash, so come 6th gen, the 4th gen will be just as obscure as 2nd gen is now.

Mewtwo on the other hand will always be recognizable to most fans. Lucario may make it...but only as an alternate costume to Mewtwo.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
@Mewtwo

Yeah i did read somewhere that Sakuari claimed that the pokemon company was particularly difficult to deal with, they probably came to him with a list of demands, and lucario over mewtwo was probably one of them (because of the movie)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Personally, I'm hoping that they make an exception for Mewtwo and bring him back in. Considering the massive outcry for his exclusion, he may stand a decent chance at returning.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Yeah i did read somewhere that Sakuari claimed that the pokemon company was particularly difficult to deal with, they probably came to him with a list of demands, and lucario over mewtwo was probably one of them (because of the movie)
Pokemon Company is difficult to deal with due to legal reasons. They are a "second party" to Nintendo. This essentially means to get a Pokemon in the game, a contract has to be written up between the two.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
While all this debate is going on, I'm going to suggest Andy from Advance Wars as a character.

His special moves could be executed by chibi versions of the units in Advance Wars.

^ T-Copter: This unit appears and flies Andy to safety.
> Artillery: The Artillery unit fires a long range bomb. It's angle can be adjusted.
Neutral Mech Rocket: The Mech unit appears on Andy's shoulder and fires a rocket.
v Capture: Andy stomps the ground and sprouts a "city" under him. Any character in the city can not be hit by projectiles, and the city attacks any foes of the character occupying it. The city lasts for 30 seconds, or until Andy uses the move again. The move can only be used once per-stock though.

Black Hole CO

Smash Cadet
While all this debate is going on, I'm going to suggest Andy from Advance Wars as a character.

His special moves could be executed by chibi versions of the units in Advance Wars.

^ T-Copter: This unit appears and flies Andy to safety.
> Artillery: The Artillery unit fires a long range bomb. It's angle can be adjusted.
Neutral Mech Rocket: The Mech unit appears on Andy's shoulder and fires a rocket.
v Capture: Andy stomps the ground and sprouts a "city" under him. Any character in the city can not be hit by projectiles, and the city attacks any foes of the character occupying it. The city lasts for 30 seconds, or until Andy uses the move again. The move can only be used once per-stock though.
i like it. although im having trouble picturing the city move.

Advance wars needs a rep, personally im gunning for a squad of troops (as the COs never seem to do any fighting). sorta like ice climbersX5

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Will there really be a 5th generation of pokemon? I mean...there's not much else they can really do with the series as it is. We already got pokemon that represent god, space, time, dreams, emotions, and etc. Can't really imagine a 5th generation let alone a 6th one either.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
@Mewtwo

The face of Lucario has been crammed down our throats more so than Mewtwo has been, at least in recent years if not overall.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Will there really be a 5th generation of pokemon? I mean...there's not much else they can really do with the series as it is. We already got pokemon that represent god, space, time, dreams, emotions, and etc. Can't really imagine a 5th generation let alone a 6th one either.
They need to drop the universal-elemental crap and go back to the basics. I miss Pokemon that represented animals.

Ehh, it's been dug far too deep into the dirt. They've made Pokemon for just about every animal, so I can easily say the level of innovation is pretty much dead for the series now.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Lucario won't last for long

If mewtwo who was supposed to be the heartless pokemon couldn't keep up lucario won't either

That's why i had mewtwo AND lucario because if one doesn't come back then neither will the other because there will be a 5th gen

Also mewtwo is the original ultimate pokemon;originals will last longer. Everyone remembers where there roots come from rather than a lousy sequel

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Actually, they keep giving us more of the same animals. Multiple turtles and butterflies and yet still no flamingo, zebra, or tiger Pokémon.

I went to Bulbapedia, and Nintendo recently trademarked a bunch of Pokémon names. They say Nintendo did this so they have the rights to these names before bootleggers create games with those names, but Nintendo only register names when they begin working on the next games, like when they registered a bunch of names before Diamond & Pearl was announced.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Japanese still think that all the K. Rools are separate characters, that's one reason why they will not make it into smash bros (The Japanese manual's for DKC stated that they were different people while the English version said they were the same. It was MADE in England, so I think the English version is the one that is correct.) DKC 2 K Rool is my favorite, mostly because it was my favorite in the series.

I'm betting a newer gen pokemon game comes out before Smash 4 and Lucario is replaced.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I've been having an idea that next smash should have 6 playable characters at once instead of 4 if the next system allows it. As smash gets bigger the people that play it does too. It would allow for perties where people play smash. Also if you don't like two many players at once you just reduce the number like always. It would resize a few stages (yoshi's story is a bit bigger). Also during online with anyone you could have 5 people on the same console.It would reduce lag by a bit.

justaway12

Smash Master
I've been having an idea that next smash should have 6 playable characters at once instead of 4 if the next system allows it. As smash gets bigger the people that play it does too. It would allow for perties where people play smash. Also if you don't like two many players at once you just reduce the number like always. It would resize a few stages (yoshi's story is a bit bigger). Also during online with anyone you could have 5 people on the same console.It would reduce lag by a bit.
maybe the stages should get bigger depending on how many players there are but you should chose how many characters you play against with anyone.

MRbloke

Smash Cadet
Here's my list

1. Make online better, **** friend codes

2. Add the following as characters
- Skull Kid( huge Majora's Mask fan)
- Baby Bowser( why the hell not?)
- Waluigi( Think aboot it:laugh:)

3. Make a better single player campain, cuz Subspace was, just okay

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
May I suggest a day and night feature?

For certain stages, the player could choose to fight during the day, during the night, or have the battle alternate from day to night at different time periods. Although, some stages could be all day or all night.

justaway12

Smash Master
Here's my list

waluigi would be a great addition :) and i'm sure you mean bowser jr. he would be better than bowser as a baby IMO i'm not a zelda fan so i wouldn't know about skull kid.

@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
do you mean like smashville?

Lovely

Smash Lord
From his post, I think he means more stages like Smashvile or Battlefield background.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
The day and night feature sounds awesome. It would be a way to switch up some stages like spear pillar or the bridge of eldin.

Also for the single player campaign what if there were multiple options like you could play twice on stages, one time for the good guys, and once for the bad guys.

Also for an idea in the next SSE i think it would be cool if you start out in mushroom kingdom but master hand start stealing characters from series and rips holes in the fabric dividing the series so all good guys have to recruit people and save the kidnappees. For the bad guys you would recruit villains and kidnap characters.

justaway12

Smash Master
I really hope in SSE Peach gets kidnapped and mario has to save her, I LOVE IT when that happens.

how about in team battles they get team names...wait did i suggest this before well forget it i'll say it again.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
My idea for the next Smash single player campaign goes as follows:

The game is divided into three universes. Series that are based in medieval/other historical settings will be in one universe (Fire Emblem, Zelda, Kid Icarus). Series that are colorful and abstracts are another universe (Mario, Kirby, Sonic). And finally, series that are based in futuristic/space settings will be another universe (Pikmin, Star Fox, Metroid, Metal Gear).

Anyways, the dilemma in the campaign is that all of a sudden, characters from one universe start falling into another. The characters interact with each other and try to find the root of the problem.

As expected, the villains are the ones that are scrambling up the universes. The way they are doing it, is by using Lucario's aura to open up rifts in space/time that have been caused by an unknown force. Eventually, things go out of whack, and ALL of the Smash cast unites to fight the source of the problem, ROB.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Smash should not have another single-player campain. It just doesn't transfer well as a single player game. Making the SSE took a ton of development time that could of been used to make the fighting mechanics better.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Here's my list

Skull Kid better have his mask!

The problem with the singleplayer campaign is that it'll end up as a Kirby game. Not saying that it's a bad thing but we have Kirby games for that.

SSE, Roy and Mewtwo should be the villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom