• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomNutjob

Smash Rookie
Regarding Tabuu and co agreed - IF made them like regular characters then i'd say bring it on

As for Team Battle i meant in Classic mode - my bad :embarrass

AND as for player options - UP TO 8 players, regarding online pick what want first - single, team etc and then go to select screen

Sorry if takes few posts to make sense but hopefully no confusion now

Sidenote - doubt need to adjust % which is fatal/critical but i'm no designer [surprised? :laugh: ]

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hmm, this thread is dying a little now, has every detial been talked about already? I suppose a new Smash staudm mini game won't hurt, character racing?

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Getting more characters with unique movesets should be one of the highest priorities for SSB4. Here are characters that wouldn't be too hard to make non-(semi-)cloned movesets with:
Krystal: SF needs a secondary character that isn't a (semi-) clone to Fox and doesn't use high tech gizmos. If there's a problem with 4 SF characters, just kick out Falco since he's not as iconic as Wolf. (Below also states that being iconic is important)
Zero (assuming that Mega Man would be in): I like Protoman as a character way better than Zero, but Zero is much more worthier for being more iconic and more unique than Protoman.
Eggman: He would be the most unique character on my list, because he would fight in his fighting mech from Sonic the Fighters and SA2.
Paper Mario: While technically being the same person as Mario, he could use his attacks and party members from his series to have a pretty unique moveset.
Waluigi: I couldn't see him convincably being a (semi- ) clone of Wario or anybody else for that matter, so he wouldn't be a clone unless some freak accident (aka Sakurai being lazy with movesets) happened like it did to Ganondorf.
AC Rep: There are pleny of stuff from AC to warrant a unique moveset.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@kraryo: I would like to see krystal playable but i would rather they fix falco and wolf first. Zero and eggman won't get in because it costs nintendo money to get 3rd party characters and nintendo wouldn't bother with the secondary characters and would keep the main ones. I agree totally on waluigi, but i would like waluigi to get his own game so he can have his own moves. The AC rep i disagree with. Animal crossing is supposed to be a relaxing game and turning one of it's characters into a fighter wouldn't be relaxing. I like how there is a stage of it but that is all the series deserves.
I would rather see bowser jr.( no shadow mario) than paper mario. They warrant the same problems but i think bowser jr. has a better chance. Paper mario has a chance of being a clone of mario and Game and watch while Bowser jr. only has bowser( which is still unlikely.)

justaway12

Smash Master
Hmm, this thread is dying a little now, has every detial been talked about already? I suppose a new Smash staudm mini game won't hurt, character racing?

I don't think EVERY DETAIL was talked about *goes to smashdojo*...couldn't be bothered how about characters moveset? what the new characters should be and old character move and what should be changed and that characters racing sounds like a fun idea.

For me i want peach's Dsmash (probably not as powerful) back and jigglypuffs rest

Spike6sic6

Smash Cadet
There's a lot of stuff that could be added. First, make Samus as good as she was in melee!

Secondly, I always thought that they should have more characters. Here I'll make a shortlist of who I think they should add;
-King Karool(sp?): They just added Diddy but they still need to add in the evil guy from DK. Most series included in Smash(Mario, Zelda, SF, etc) have their evil guys, but DK doesn't.

-Dixie Kong: I read somewhere they planned to put her in Brawl but they didn't. An extra DK character wouldn't hurt. She would have a very good recovery and I think she'd fit the Smash roster.

-Megaman: Not a Nintendo exclusive, but Snake isn't either. He could have a pretty interesting moveset, including a charge beam like Samus, that can alternativly be spammed uncharged(like in his games). He could also do wall-jumps on 1 wall, like in his SNES games again(at least the X serie). It would be nice also to be able to switch to other weapon types(those you receive from defeating bosses in his games again). That would make him a very versatile character, probly more then PT himself. I could also see his final smash being that move he had in Marvel vs Capcom(where he became big and shot missiles).

-Zero(taken from Kraryo's post, if Megaman is in): Another interesting add-on to the roster. He would have similar moves to Megaman, but with his Z-Saber, and enough differences to not be a clone.

-Tails: Seeing as they added Sonic, his little partner wouldn't be too much asked. He'd probly be very similar to Sonic, with a few differences, like the ability to fly.

-Krystal(taken from Kraryo's post): It would indeed be nice to have a new SF character that's not a semi-clone. They shouldn't remove Falco tho, he's probably the most popular SF character in Smash games. I also find him more iconic then Krystal is, but still. We need a new SF char, not a "semi" new one.

-Lloyd Irving and Kratos from Tales of Symphonia: Not clones, but these two could make interesting add-ons. It would just give us more swordsmen to play with. They shouldn't be too hard to make either. They could even have Sword Rain(mashing jab button), and also other moves they have in ToS that wouldn't be hard to make, like Demon Fang.

-Colette from ToS: Another character that would have an interesting moveset. Give her flying abilities, and some long-ranged moves with her rings.

Enough with characters let's move to other stuff. A multiplayer boss mode could be interesting. Not that mode in Brawl, but a mode where one character picks a boss and the other has to defeat him with a regular character. Sure, it makes unfair matches and all, but it would sure as hell be fun. And it's not like you'd get to use the bosses in ordinary match-ups. It's something my friends and I used to do in melee. Make a 3v1, put the loner with high handicap, and the other three with low. It sure as hell makes interesting match-ups, and somewhat replicates a boss fight. But yeah such a boss mode would be nice.

I could probably find more stuff, but I'm getting out of ideas for the moment.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

You mean like Micro Maniacs/ Running Wild/ Sonic?!

That'd be sweet. :bee:

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Great ideas Spike6sic6 and it's King K. Rool and finally someone else that think Tails>Knuckles some other people might think that but I haven't seen thier posts
Tails is the only character from Sonic that I even like. I think Sonic is annoying, Knuckles and Shadow overrated, but Tails is alright.

I would much like to see Sonic drop out of Smash altogether but whatever 500,000,000,000,000,000,000 children would cry.

justaway12

Smash Master
Tails is the only character from Sonic that I even like. I think Sonic is annoying, Knuckles and Shadow overrated, but Tails is alright.

I would much like to see Sonic drop out of Smash altogether but whatever 500,000,000,000,000,000,001 children would cry.
And I would too he is cool besides there has to be annoying characters to make the other characters look good.
Melee: Kirby.
Brawl: Sonic, Pit and (to a certian extent) Peach.

Never played 64 so i wouldn't know.

RandomNutjob

Smash Rookie

I would much like to see Sonic drop out of Smash altogether but whatever 500,000,000,000,000,000,000 children would cry.
Population aside Sonic is here to stay as is Nintendo's puppet now, though on basis of newer games i could well be wrong

And Tails would be logical but Knuckles and Shadow are more unique in terms of abilities [yes i know Tails can fly]

Maybe have Tails as an Assist but i don't think personally would be too good as a character

EDIT: As for Peach - glad not only one who dislikes her - Zelda/Sheik>Peach anytime

justaway12

Smash Master
Population aside Sonic is here to stay as is Nintendo's puppet now, though on basis of newer games i could well be wrong

And Tails would be logical but Knuckles and Shadow are more unique in terms of abilities [yes i know Tails can fly]

Maybe have Tails as an Assist but i don't think personally would be too good as a character
But tails plays a more important role he's like mario's luigi while the other two are peach and bowser (not as important) yes i know shadows like an anti-hero (or something like that) and is cooler but tails has been one of the very first sonic adventure and has been a recuring character beside they could make him very unique.

Second bananas > Anti heros (or whatever shadow is)

EDIT: *Looks at signature*OMG PEACH IS AMAZING YOU NOO-*Clicks link in sig* :urg: Peach isn't... that bad but I know a lot of people that don't like peach but after I had a 99 sudden death match with my friend while i kept taunting la-la-la-la whenever he fell off stage, I couldn't play peach for a week without my ears bleeding.
IMO Peach=Zelda/Sheik

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Actually the majority of Mario characters are really cool. The only ones that I am "meh" about (even though they are still decent) are Wario and Waluigi. For the most part the entire Mario franchise has very iconic characters. Toad should be included too.

Edit: I'm also not the biggest fan of the whole Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Baby Bowser thing they have going. But ultimately, whatever, it's not that bad.

justaway12

Smash Master
Actually the majority of Mario characters are really cool. The only ones that I am "meh" about (even though they are still decent) are Wario and Waluigi. For the most part the entire Mario franchise has very iconic characters. Toad should be included too.

Edit: I'm also not the biggest fan of the whole Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Baby Bowser thing they have going. But ultimately, whatever, it's not that bad.
The MAJORITY? They're ALL cool and toad has a good chance to be in brawl after Bowser jr. and probably Waluigi and Dasiy (but i'm not so sure about Daisy).

I think Baby mario and gang are going to be part of yoshis reps if they do get in (but i'm so sure).

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Toad again, is my favorite Mario character. I would like to see him represented. As to his moveset I have to admit I don't know much that they could do, he would seem small, light, fast, short ranged, with quick aerials. :)

Yes, most Mario characters are cool, but some like Daisy and Baby Peach/Mario, just seem pointless to me.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Daisy's not pointless! She's amazing and you know it.

And beside, Toad's already in Smash. Without Toad, Peach would have no neutral special.

n88

Smash Lord
Daisy's not pointless! She's amazing and you know it.

And beside, Toad's already in Smash. Without Toad, Peach would have no neutral special.
If Toad gets in, Peach will need a new neautral special. As for Mario characters, I would like to see maybe Toad and Bowser Jr.(NOT THE SAME AS BABY BOWSER)

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Just have Peach hold out Toadsworth instead of Toad for her nb, so that Toad can be playable without changing Peach's moveset.

n88

Smash Lord
Toadette would be a better neutral B. I would love to beat the crap out of her, regardless of how much damage I take.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Bowser jr. is Bowser's son and Baby Bowser is Bowser as a child. They make look the same but their two different people.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr. would make a really sexy character. I'd actually be motivated to play him, assuming that he's faster than bowser. But, Banjo and Kazooie need to be in this game. Banjo is a chubby bear with a blue backpack and Kazooie is a red bird who doesn't afraid of anything. What more can you ask for? (Not to mention, it'd be ridiculously easy to put together a moveset for him....)

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I'd be afraid that Bowser Jr. would be too easy to turn into a clone for Nintendo and Sakurai.

I could easily see Tails and Krystal being thrown into the game.

K. Rool has a chance.

I hate to say that Megaman probably won't show. Ridley has a tiny chance.

Tails could actually be quite unique. Brawl introduced the ability to Glide, yet only three characters actually can. Tails would at least be a nice addition to that list. His moves could involve his springy boxing glove from Sonic Battle, his (new) signature dummy ring bombs, and his Spinning Tail from Sonic Adventure. The normal moves could just be generic tail swiping moves with moderate power and knockback, and soem punches and kicks. If they rush Sonic like they did in Brawl, than Tails'll easily be higher tier.

Krystal has the option of either fighting with her staff or the generic, high-tech Star Fox weapons. I'd say the staff would be a lot more innovative. The propeller attack (what was it called?) could be her recovery, the fire-shooting attack (what was it again?) would make a decent projectile that could be aimed. Theattack in Starfox adventures when Fox jumps and stabs the staff into the ground would make a nice attack, and the other attacks would be filled with kicks and staff swipes.

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario and Roy.

I want it to be fast-paced... REALLY fast paced.
like almost to the point where the characters could move as fast as you could control them.

but yeh, more characters would be nice too
=2007=

§leepy God

Smash Master
You don't want them to be too fast or the controler sensitively will jack up your style of play. And for it to be fast pace, they have to make the game's floatyness be lower by a lot. And I thought you main Sonic 2007. O_o

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
This is how Nintendo'd likely imagine Bowser Jr.

Standard B: Fire Breath
Bowser Jr. breaths out a stream of flame. Can be aimed up and down. Lacks the range and power of Bowser's attack, and stays for only 8 seconds rather than 12. Deals out 1-2% per hit. Comes out a bit faster than Bowser's attack and can be aimed more precisely, however.

Sideward B: Flying Slam
Grabs a foe and spins into the air before slaming them. While Bowser's attack hurts foes as they hit the ground, Bowser Jr.'s attacks slwoly damages them while he spins upwards and moves down for up to 16%. Opponents can still fight back.

Upwards B: Whirling Fortress
Scores more hits on the ground than Bowser's. Less range. Gains more vertical and less horizontal distance in the air than Bowser's.

Downward B: Jr. Bomb
Slams into the ground for 14%. Faster than Bowsers, and releases a small shockwave that pushes foes back. However,it is weaker and doesn't grant Super armor.

that's probably what nintendo will do.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Moveset for Tails...

Standard B: Wind-Up Punch
Tails uses his springy boxing glove from Sonic Battle and punche siwth it. It has great range (stretches about 2 character-lengths from Tails max) and can be charged to make it go further. Deals up to 12% fully charged. Can also be aimed slightly up or down while charging. Deals horizontal knockback.

Sideward B: Dummy Ring Bomb
Tails tosses out a Dummy Ring that bounces laong the ground. It then lays on the ground for about 4 seconds before disappearing. It explodes on contact, dealing 7% and a shocking effect(with high stun). Up to three Dummy Rings can be on the field at once.

Upward B: Flight
Functions like Pit's attacks. Tails whooshes into the air and can rise higher and move about. After 4 seconds, he gets tired and goes Helpless.

Downward B: Tail Spin
Spins his tails around and around in a tornado attack. He can move left and right. Acts similarly to Luigi's attack. Up to six hits, each dealing 2%.

Final Smash: Tornado Plane
Tails hops into his tornado and begins flying back and forth across the stage(automatically), launching missiles and lasers as he does. Lasers deal 5%, and missiles deal 7%You can steer the plane up and down, and if it hits a foe, it deals 4% and knocks them backward. After 14 seconds, it's over.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
This is how Nintendo'd likely imagine Bowser Jr.

Standard B: Fire Breath
Bowser Jr. breaths out a stream of flame. Can be aimed up and down. Lacks the range and power of Bowser's attack, and stays for only 8 seconds rather than 12. Deals out 1-2% per hit. Comes out a bit faster than Bowser's attack and can be aimed more precisely, however.

Sideward B: Flying Slam
Grabs a foe and spins into the air before slaming them. While Bowser's attack hurts foes as they hit the ground, Bowser Jr.'s attacks slwoly damages them while he spins upwards and moves down for up to 16%. Opponents can still fight back.

Upwards B: Whirling Fortress
Scores more hits on the ground than Bowser's. Less range. Gains more vertical and less horizontal distance in the air than Bowser's.

Downward B: Jr. Bomb
Slams into the ground for 14%. Faster than Bowsers, and releases a small shockwave that pushes foes back. However,it is weaker and doesn't grant Super armor.

that's probably what nintendo will do.
What? That's a complete clone of Bowser. Even though you may be right, here's a much better idea -

Standard: Fire Breath - Shoots out a slow moving, but strong flame projectile. About 4 to 9% depending on range. Will do more if the opponent is closer.

Side: Shell Rage - Hides in his shell and spins rapidly for a short time, similar to Squirtles. But the spikes are what actually causes damage. Can be charged, 6% at no charge, and 12% fully charged.

Up: Bullet Bill - Rides on a bullet bill for a very short time in a diagonal direction. The front of the bullet bill will cause 7% damage, but the fire at the back will sweetspot if hit at the beginning of the attack, doing 15% damage and spiking the foe.

Down: Paint Bomb - Draws a red M on the ground with his paintbrush. If an opponent walks over it, and explodes and causes 9 to 16%, doing more if the M has been there for a shorter time.

Or for down, a ShadowMario transformation would be awesome.

Hopefully, his moves would be more like that.

justaway12

Smash Master
@mariofanpm12:Bowser jr. can't spew fire (as we learned from his games) and you just completly forgot the fact that he has a magic paint brush I don't think nintendo will just forget his paint brush give them some credit.

@Phantom7:Bowser jr. can't spew fire but other than that it's a good move set.

n88

Smash Lord
Yay! I started Bowser Jr. discussion!

Instead of the fire breath, he should get to throw shells like he did in New Super Mario Bros, or he should get something with his paintbrush.

Final Smash- Bowser Jr. tuns into a shadow version of whoever he's fighting, with their B-moves replacing his A-moves. It would be a strange final smash, but very unique.

Or...we could give him a landmaster.

justaway12

Smash Master
Yay! I started Bowser Jr. discussion!

Instead of the fire breath, he should get to throw shells like he did in New Super Mario Bros, or he should get something with his paintbrush.

Final Smash- Bowser Jr. tuns into a shadow version of whoever he's fighting, with their B-moves replacing his A-moves. It would be a strange final smash, but very unique.

Or...we could give him a landmaster.
Now that's thinking outside the box but it's probably too unique for certian fans maybe he could turn himself too a shadow version of whoever he's fighting and copy thier final smashs it's not that unique but it's good for him.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
There is room in the game for both bowser jr. and toad. I don't want bowser jr. turning into shadow mario for ssb4 because shadow mario only happened once while bowser jr. has had other games but to honor Sunshine i am okay with his brush. Also i don't remember him not being able to breathe fire just that he chooses not to. Here is my bowser jr. moveset:

^B: Brush copter: Bowser jr. spins his Brush above him like snake's cypher but it hurts while he is using it and he doesn't let go of his brush.

B: Fireball : Shoots a fireball from his mouth. It goes as far as wolf's gun but it gets bigger the farther it goes.

B>: Sonic roar: like from sluggers.

BV: Swings brush around him. And leaves goo that trips people. Also if you get caught in the swipe you slow down by half your speed. Effects and puddle last 5 seconds.

Here's my toad moveset:

B^: Spore cannon: Shoots spores down while he goes up. Main damage comes if you it his head. If you get caught in spores you get the same damage as olimar's white pikmin. Lasts three seconds. If used on the ground spores spread out .

B:Apple stack: Plucks up to 3 apples at a time. (1 apple per second) Press B to throw one at a time. Does twice the damage or healing of whispy woods apples. Apples can be picked up again.

B>: Dried shroom: Like mario's B but with mushrooms. Causes more damage but only goes 2 bounces.

BV: Spore block: Like Peach's B but you can hold it until you are hit. Spores go up not sideways.

FS: Toad brigade: The toad brigade ship from Galaxy crashes onto the stage doing very good knock back. Toad will then run off stage hurting anyone in there way.

justaway12

Smash Master
@Mythic2: When did he say he chose not? anyway games like strickers when he was on the away team he tried to breath fire like bowser but just shoots out small peices of ember.

@THE Pieman: i'm not really sure what i can say about characters chances to get in but i do think it is a good list.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
One of the most active threads on this board is dying?! NOOOOOO!!!! Needs more WTF but good choice style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom