• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@justaway: i thought he could breathe fire since nothing said he couldn't. I don't remember him only having embers. I thought he never tried. I must be wrong.

@viper: The thread isn't dying it is just slowing down.

@Chris the brawler: Customisable characters would be okay only if there was a special mode for them. I don't want them in regular brawling because you could just choose the best of everything.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
@viper: The thread isn't dying it is just slowing down.
Just a little out of mind because most of the posters that use to post here don't post too often anymore.

Also, when the next Smash is announced, I'm already getting prepped for the Flower Garden, the Lip support for playable character for Smash Bros 4. And I'm still in need of some more Rose Knights, (at least four more).

UncleSam

Smash Master
I say nintendo signs a contract with Square Enix and adds Final Fantasy characters, just my opinion
Cecil ftw

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@uncle sam: Each 3rd party character costs money to nintendo so nintendo would only get one big important character. So multiple final fantasy characters wouldn't happen. Cecil isn't that important in Final fantasy and few characters last longer than 1 game so final fantasy characters are unlikely.

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Secondly, I always thought that they should have more characters. Here I'll make a shortlist of who I think they should add;

[list including Dixie Kong, Mega Man, Zero, and...]

-Colette from ToS: Another character that would have an interesting moveset. Give her flying abilities, and some long-ranged moves with her rings.
I like the way you think.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
More female representation is what I'd push for.
Anything else I wont care about.

Perhaps a Replay video editor (rewind, slow down, etc.)
No tripping would be cool

RandomNutjob

Smash Rookie
Just dipping toe in before take a dive...

...How would people feel about possible Yu-Gi-Oh! inclusion? - perhaps not as a character but an assist

Before go off handle - just trying to suggest new things

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Man: almost 1000 pages! O.o Here's an old post of mine, but it still works...

Right, vammped Mewtwo for SSB4! A Mewtwo stronger than Pikachu for goodness sakes! Say... almost as strong as Gonondorf? Yeah, that sounds about right...

A Bowser's Castle level... PLEASE!!!!!

Dark Samus. Someone explain to me how Metroid Prime, a foe that Samus had to beat 7 times before finally killing it, doesn't deserve a spot. Gonondorf died in the WW and TP, but TP Ganon is in Brawl. Speaking of which...

A non-clone Ganondorf.

Midna/ Wolf Link.

Toon Link. With WW and PH abilities. Enough laziness!

Mega-man. Nuff said.

Geno.

Sylux.

Ridley.

Bowser Jr/ Shadow Mario.

A non-clone Roy.

An expanded and non-repetitive story mode.
It's been a long time since I last posted here...

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
@uncle sam: Each 3rd party character costs money to nintendo so nintendo would only get one big important character. So multiple final fantasy characters wouldn't happen. Cecil isn't that important in Final fantasy and few characters last longer than 1 game so final fantasy characters are unlikely.
Cecil did star in the best Final Fantasy game, and it was on/ has been remade on Nintendo systems, so he has a good chance over the other FF characters.
However, I'd expect the likes of Black Mage and Moogle to get in before a major character.

I'd prefer Geno, Sora, or Crono before a FF character anyway.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
If you played Mario Basketball you know that Nintendo is not afraid to put Final Fantasy characters in a Mario game so, hmm?

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@kigbariom: You do realize the only reason there were Final Fantasy characters in that game was because square helped to build it. Anyways, i love the final fantasy series but i dislike the thought of putting one of the characters in there. Personally i don't want many 3rd party characters. i'm perfectly ok with snake, sonic megaman and maybe bomberman.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
...How would people feel about possible Yu-Gi-Oh! inclusion? - perhaps not as a character but an assist

Before go off handle - just trying to suggest new things
Anime characters of any sort is a big NO. Sakurai said so, for starters.

The thing about cartoon, anime, comic, etc. characters is that there's just so MANY. When you stick with video game, you can just take all of Nintendo's big stuff and rep that, and then go on to take a few important characters from a few other companies. With other medias there's just SO many companies and SO much you could pull from. In the end, many people would be unhappy.

Let's use your example: Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! Say he's in SSB4. The people who like Yu-Gi-Oh! are happy, right? But the people who don't are unhappy, and then go around being appalled that Yugi from a show they find as insignificant got in over a character from a show they like. Then people assume that any character from anything can be in Smash, and chaos ensues.

It just wouldn't work. Especially because of the language barrier... if you take an anime character that appeared all over the world, many people who don't know what they're talking about would want a character that is from there area specifically and is popular there. Say, Peter from Family Guy.

Tl;dr version: There's too much of other medias to be able to please enough people to really make it worth it.

RandomNutjob

Smash Rookie
Well since they aren't owned by nintendo and started as an anime I don't think they will be in the next one altough they would have be interesting
Fair enough

Idea would be akin to Pokeball/Assist Trophies as in pick up card and random effect happens - may not be exclusive to being a monster either - Mirror Force be interesting [but let's not run before can walk]

IF ever got nod and IF ever got character representation then i'd have to go with Yugi [of course] and good ol' Kaiba

But i think i've more chance of winning the Presidential election......what you mean they've already voted!!! :confused:

RandomNutjob

Smash Rookie
Anime characters of any sort is a big NO. Sakurai said so, for starters.

The thing about cartoon, anime, comic, etc. characters is that there's just so MANY. When you stick with video game, you can just take all of Nintendo's big stuff and rep that, and then go on to take a few important characters from a few other companies. With other medias there's just SO many companies and SO much you could pull from. In the end, many people would be unhappy.

Let's use your example: Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! Say he's in SSB4. The people who like Yu-Gi-Oh! are happy, right? But the people who don't are unhappy, and then go around being appalled that Yugi from a show they find as insignificant got in over a character from a show they like. Then people assume that any character from anything can be in Smash, and chaos ensues.

It just wouldn't work. Especially because of the language barrier... if you take an anime character that appeared all over the world, many people who don't know what they're talking about would want a character that is from there area specifically and is popular there. Say, Peter from Family Guy.

Tl;dr version: There's too much of other medias to be able to please enough people to really make it worth it.
Excuse double-post

Point taken - just thinking outside norm

Anywho......Knuckles/Shadow or Tails? :laugh:

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I'd be absolutely appalled if Knuckles or Shadow got in before Tails. It'd be like Wario getting in before Luigi. Tails has always (or at least, should have always) held a position more important than Knuckles or Shadow.

Besides, Sakurai seems to like old Sonic better.

Now if a new Sega rep altogether got in, that'd be fine...

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Knuckles, Tails, Shadow is what I want.

Reverse that for order it would probably happen in.

Sega seem too fond of Shadow lately, they need to find a new anti-hero.

Knuckles is still the classic anti-hero, Tails is the side kick, and Shadow plays the same role as Knuckles except he is more emo sinister.

Anyway, I'd love Alex Kidd to get in as a Sega rep, or maybe a Golden Axe or Jet Set Radio character.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
tails is sonics luigi, he def needs to be in before knuckles or shadow, cmon people!
Agreed.

Knuckles is my favourite character in the franchise, but Tails better be in before him and Shadow.

Silver's cameo really irked me, it should have been Amy Rose.

Dr. Robotnik should be the next newcomer for Sega/ Sonic, as he is more important than Tails.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I feel like we keep saying the same things over and over. Only sonic is getting in. end of discussion. If anyone tails would be in after sonic. But sonic already reps the series so nintendo doesn't need to pay for a secondary character. Anyways, too many sonic characters would overflow the entire game. I would just like different sonic outfits for characters that look like him.

@ jimneybob: Does Eggman ever fight cause i only see him using machines. I truly think that sonic is enough and we should focus on new series.

AlternateQJD

Smash Rookie
Tripping needs to go. Pokemon Trainer needs to go. Sonic needs better Alt Color ( if he even comes back )
Kirby needs new alt color, or even a Costume.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I feel like we keep saying the same things over and over. Only sonic is getting in. end of discussion. If anyone tails would be in after sonic. But sonic already reps the series so nintendo doesn't need to pay for a secondary character. Anyways, too many sonic characters would overflow the entire game. I would just like different sonic outfits for characters that look like him.
Everything has been repeated countless times for the past 300 pages.
Anyway, as I said before, Robotnik before Tails.

Pokemon Trainer doesn't need to go.
The only Pokemon that should go is Lucario, as Pokemon Trainer is a far more popular character within the Pokemon series.

gantrain05

Smash Master

@ jimneybob: Does Eggman ever fight cause i only see him using machines. I truly think that sonic is enough and we should focus on new series.
i don't think that nintendo has to pay for sega, i do believe sega just merged with nintendo after they went under, i could be wrong, but i don't think they would be paying anything for tails, and you don't know tails wouldn't ever get in, so no, NOT end of discussion, who made you boss?

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i'm pretty sure they do pay
But i'm just getting tired of this post
If you look through the entire smash boards it seems like every 5 pages someone mentions more sonic characters. I'm just bored of the old and i'm looking fo a new discussion, not one that has happened 100 times already.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Why should Pokemon Trainer go? He's a unique character who represents important Pokemon and an important concept in the series.

The only Pokemon I can really see being cut is, as Jimnymebob said, Lucario. Though I don't want him to be. T_T

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
There was a recent topic on flipping characters slots to get different alternates. Like peach=daisy and daisy has multiple outfits. If that could happen here are my suggestions.

Mario Series
1: Mario(Dr. Mario)
2: Luigi(Mr. L)
3: Peach(Daisy of course)
4: Bowser(Dry Bowser)
5: Bowser Jr
6: Toad(Toadette)

DK Series

7: DK(Funky? Hard to choose from the possibilities.)
8: Diddy(Dixie)
9: King K. Rool(Kaptain K. Rool)

Yoshi Series
10: Yoshi(Boshi)

Wario Series

11: Wario(Original)
12:Waluigi (Strikers)

Metroid Series

13: Samus (Dark Samus)
14 Zero suit samus
15: Ridley (Metaridley)

Kirby Series

16: Kirby(Knuckle Joe?)
17: King DDD -suggestions?
18: Meta-Knight(Sir kibble)

Zelda Series

19: Link(fierce Deity)
20: Zelda/Sheik( With tetra?)
21: Ganondorf
22: Toon Link(young link)
21: Vaati

Pokemon Series

22: Pikachu(raichu or very big Pichu)
23:Jigglypuff(Big igglybuff)
24: Lucario
25: Mewtwo(With his armor)
26: Pokemon Trainer(Female and pokemons have ribbons)

Fire Emblem Series

28: Marth(Roy)
29: Ike
30: Lyn

EarthBound series

31: Ness(Ninten)
32: Lucas

Starfox Series

33: Fox(James McCloud)
34: Falco(Possibly Leon)
35:Krystal
36: Wolf(Panther)

Pikmin series

37: Olimar & Pikmin(Louie)

F-Zero Series

38: Captain Falcon(Blood Falcon)
39: Samurai Goroh*

Golden Sun Series:
40: Isaac

3rd Party Series

41: Sonic (Shadow, Metal Sonic, etc.)
42: Snake (Old Snake)
43: Megaman(Zero?)
44:Bomberman(Black Bomber)

WTF Series

45: Mr. Game & Watch (Mrs. Game and watch :D)
46: Pit(Demonic)
47: Ice Climbers(Nana in front)
48: R.O.B.
49:Little Mac(Mike Tyson)

These are just some ideas!!

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
King Dedede can have Masked Dedede, and Meta Knight can have Galacta Knight, I think.

I also think that Pokemon Trainer should be a bit different in the next game. Pokemon Trainer would, instead of always being Red, have various other trainers as his normal alts, such as Leaf (Fr/Lg female), Lucas (D/P/Pl male), Dawn (D/P/Pl female), Brendan (R/S/E male), maybe even Wes (Colosseum character). Each of these could also have some costumes for the Pokemon, like how Pikachu and Jigglypuff work.

Now, as Pokemon Trainer's alt we can have Pokemon Rival. This has the rival trainers and shiny Pokemon. This can have Blue (R/B/Y/Fr/Lg rival), Silver (G/S/C rival), Wally (R/S/E rival), maybe the other R/S/E trainer (the one you don't pick acts as a rival for a while), and Pearl (D/P/Pl rival).

And if they're not going to add in the other trainer they chould just switch his name to Red since that's his official name anyway. And so that people won't continue calling him Ash and looking really stupid.

UncleSam

Smash Master
DK Series

Metroid Series

14 Zero suit samus
for 7, and 8 they could be separate costume sets
13 Dark samus would be a great Idea! and maybe other Sylux from hunters due to His background in the Metroid Series
15 Me and a friend have been debating this, wouldn't Ridley be too big? I mean you could shrink him down to charizard's size but it wouldn't be the same old Ridley we all know and love

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the ridley size debate has been going on for a long time, I just tried to get the big ones that you usually hear about. I think ridley could be a skinny charizard but either way is okay for me.

Another reasons for the costumes is so in team battle you could have the same character and color but you don't just get light and dark.

Along with this i think if they have the alt costumes they could have different sounds and change the names.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
There was a recent topic on flipping characters slots to get different alternates. Like peach=daisy and daisy has multiple outfits. If that could happen here are my suggestions.

Mario Series
1: Mario(Dr. Mario)
2: Luigi(Mr. L)
3: Peach(Daisy of course)
4: Bowser(Dry Bowser)
5: Bowser Jr
6: Toad(Toadette)

DK Series

Yoshi Series
10: Yoshi(Boshi)

Wario Series

11: Wario(Original)
12:Waluigi (Strikers)

Metroid Series

14 Zero suit samus

Kirby Series

16: Kirby(Knuckle Joe?)
17: King DDD -suggestions?
18: Meta-Knight(Sir kibble)

Zelda Series

19: Link(fierce Deity)
20: Zelda/Sheik( With tetra?)
21: Ganondorf
22: Toon Link(young link)
21: Vaati

Pokemon Series

22: Pikachu(raichu or very big Pichu)
23:Jigglypuff(Big igglybuff)
24: Lucario
25: Mewtwo(With his armor)
26: Pokemon Trainer(Female and pokemons have ribbons)

Fire Emblem Series

28: Marth(Roy)
29: Ike
30: Lyn

EarthBound series

31: Ness(Ninten)
32: Lucas

Starfox Series

33: Fox(James McCloud)
34: Falco(Possibly Leon)
35:Krystal
36: Wolf(Panther)

Pikmin series

37: Olimar & Pikmin(Louie)

F-Zero Series

38: Captain Falcon(Blood Falcon)
39: Samurai Goroh*

Golden Sun Series:
40: Isaac

3rd Party Series

41: Sonic (Shadow, Metal Sonic, etc.)
42: Snake (Old Snake)
43: Megaman(Zero?)
44:Bomberman(Black Bomber)

WTF Series

45: Mr. Game & Watch (Mrs. Game and watch :D)
46: Pit(Demonic)
47: Ice Climbers(Nana in front)
48: R.O.B.
49:Little Mac(Mike Tyson)

These are just some ideas!!
Very interesting. Would the Alt.s have a different range of moves? For instance: Dark Samus is a very different fighter from Samus. (Just play MP 2 and 3.) All the alt. choices for the D.K. crew are VERY different from the others too. Kaptian K. Rool has his gun, Dixie has her hair, and I'm sure Funky would be different from D.K., although I'm not sure how. Overall it's an interesting idea, but done the wrong way it would cause more complianing than anything else.

P.S. I love the idea of Mewtwo with armor! XD

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Dark Samus? Are you kidding? What about the Fusion Suit?

To be honest, I think that's what Samus's default should be in the first place as opposed to the Power Suit. After all, it IS the most current rendition of Samus as far as the story goes so far. Brawl Samus AND Melee Samus are still stuck taking after her 64 version which was based off the dated Super Metroid game for the SNES. It's about time Samus's whole character gets an upgrade to Fusion and the Power Suit becomes the alternative.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion

To be honest, I think that's what Samus's default should be in the first place as opposed to the Power Suit. After all, it IS the most current rendition of Samus as far as the story goes so far. Brawl Samus AND Melee Samus are still stuck taking after her 64 version which was based off the dated Super Metroid game for the SNES. It's about time Samus's whole character gets an upgrade to Fusion and the Power Suit becomes the alternative.
Hear hear! If DS gets into any of these she/it should be a charcter.

And Samus needs a major upgrade, not only in looks but in power.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace

No, it should stay the Varia Suit. I don't think all the characters should necessarily take on their most recent forms and instead take on their most recently recognizable one. For example, if Black Knight is the most recent Sonic game when SSB4 comes out, that doesn't mean that Sonic should use a sword in SSB4. Samus' Varia Suit is just too recognizable to not be her main costume. However, I do think they should use the most recent rendition of the Varia Suit. Like they should've used Metroid Prime's model for Samus is Brawl.

Now if a sequel to Fusion came out and the Fusion Suit became Samus' standard for all her games, I would probably change my mind. WHERE'S MY METROID DREAD?!? *cries*

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
The alts don't get different movesets. They just change looks like the Daisy peach. I know many of the costumes are very different from the originals but they only change the looks.

I know people would complain that dixie is the same as diddy but it would be a way to play different characters in the same playing style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom