• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Wait wait wait...

There are people who actually think that the next Smash Brothers developer will have the balls to make a third party character a clone?

kuro06

Smash Cadet
how would he be a kirby clone?

also I have nothing against luigified characters, really, because they still take the time to tweak the character to be a fully developed character, that way you can have a spacy playstyle but pick fox, falco, or wolf depending on your mood and opponent, what I don't like is outright clones, especially if they are not from the same game universe like ganondorf and captain falcon.
Megaman's main ability was also able to use his enemies (bosses anways) powers, other than his blaster another trademark of his. I believed he even had that ablility in MVC series ( I haven't played that game in years so correct me if I'm wrong). It's been said in the interview the only reason why Ganondorf got into melee because he and falcon have a similar build.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
time to step up ssb series manliness

ok guys heres the low down, brawl is a joke with all these stupid *** characters , but the thing is that i love the game. The new ssb should have zero stupid characters , only cool famous bad *** characters recognized by fans world wide . Who are these stupid characters in the brawl roster? all of them EXCLUDING , Ike , Captain falcon , Link . zelda , sonic * even though in brawl he looks so so stupid and annoying* and maybe zss*yea she looks cool so what? That said it only leaves these 6 characters to start a new. First of all , the new super smash bros series would be over 9000 times better if it appealed to teens-late teens and young adults instead of children preteens and teens. The reason i love brawl so much is cause of its game play and fluid fighting engine. So with such good characteristics it could be better with actually good looking characters* i will mention some at the end*.
Dont get me wrong I know that the wii is a younger croud console but it doesnt have to apply to its best selling games and the ones to come. First off IF nintendo played smart and maybe dumb like sony *Sony is basically giving away all of their exclusives , god knows why but they need money probably*, they would sell off the new ssb to other consoles; If and only if the new ssb does a good job of keeping it to a appealing level of teens and up , and by adding nice characters.

Brawl needs extensive array of cool characters that a older croud could relate to , in other words make the new ssb a non kiddy friendly game . The new ssb roster should look something like from a capcom vs snk vs namco vs nintendo vs sony vs WHAT EVER ( excluding alot of kiddy characters that would only hinder the game) kind of roster. Having everyone from everygame (only the ones cool enough to be mentioned in a really well thought out character list) would be a great idea. Something like this . Characters from:
MEGAMAN series : X , Zero , Bass , battle network megaman, colonel and others.
Conker BFD : CONKER, the grim reaper and heck maybe even the ugabugas.
Sonic series : old school sonic , old school knuckles , metal sonic and shadow .
Fire emblem series : alot of people could be put in here but for now ill put in ;Ike ,Roy , Sothe and Miciah , Greil ,any others im missing that are non phail should be welcome( i admit FE series is not my forte)
CUSTOM ROBO : Ray 1
Zelda series : Teen link , Oni link , Majoras mask kid link , zelda( shes basically the star of the game so she has to be in it)
Golden sun ; basically all the main characters should be welcome here.
Gun star Heroes : Red and blue.

these are just a few characters that could easily go into a new ssb since they mostly nintendo related ,BUT the creators could go even futher by adding the coolest of the cool characters from other games and systems . Street fighter characters? king of fighters ? Tekken?Soul calibur? Final fantasy series? Guilty Gear? Dark stalkers? Dragon ball ?Rival Schools?
something like this :
KOF ; Kyo , K' , K9999 , Kusanagi , Kula , shermie , mai, Malin , shen .
street fighter : ryu , ken , cammy , guile , sakura, chun li , akuma ,c viper,
Tekken ; Jin kazama , Devil jin , julia , steve , kazuya asuka , lin xiaoyu*sorry for spelling mistakes*
Rival schools ; Edge, hinata , batsu , akira hyo ,kyosuke and others
may i even say Devil may cry series .....

The thing is that the possibilities are endless and taking in mind that there will be obstacles like , what about the move sets? the copy rights? this isnt really a nintendo game , what about the nintendo characters? the game will cost millions to make , what bout the music? how can these characters be even on the same roster , let alone the same game......... the this and that.Well, that is where a strong and free will comes in. Just take a second to think how a ssb would look in a more mature perspective and im sure you would like it. These are my 2 cents

anyone looking to pick a fight i dont care there is nothing to do right now , the frustration is killing me if you must flame remmember this isnt the post to do it, Good night to you all.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
smash does appeal to older people, you know the people who were around when those old games came out, what are you 13? seems you have an insecurity about characters that are perceived "uncool" because of your limited teenage mindset.

The rest of us who were old enough to hold a controller when the nintendo came out don't mind the return of classics

:)

Zylar

Smash Ace
Some people make me want to argue. :/

ok guys heres the low down, brawl is a joke with all these stupid *** characters , but the thing is that i love the game.
Honestly, how do you love a 'joke game' with 'stupid characters'? Either you love this game more than you think, or you hate the game more than you think. Or I've misunderstood. Brawl is not a joke. I mean, come on, there are tournaments, communities, vides, memes, etc... all about Brawl. It's serious. And it doesn't make a lot of sense to say that in a smash website.

The new ssb should have zero stupid characters , only cool famous bad *** characters recognized by fans world wide . Who are these stupid characters in the brawl roster? all of them EXCLUDING , Ike , Captain falcon , Link . zelda , sonic * even though in brawl he looks so so stupid and annoying* and maybe zss*yea she looks cool so what?
It is impossible to please every single purchaser of the game. Too bad you hate all but 6 of them. So saying that the SSB4 should have '"zero stupid characters" is impossible because everyone will hate a certain character. Although that is more possible if you use less characters.

Wait! Famous characters include, hmmm, :mario2:, :dk2:, :kirby2:, :fox:, :snake:, :pikachu2: Don't you recognize them? That's seriously dissing what they'd done for videogames and how popular and well known they are. Sorry Metaknight wasn't cool enough for you. Sorry wolf wasn't bad *** enough for you. To bad you think Sonic looks stupid, actually he doesn't. (Although I can't argue annoying...). Oh, sure, ZSS looks cool, but Samus doesn't. Samus just doesn't look right? Hmm, I wonder why?

That said it only leaves these 6 characters to start a new. First of all , the new super smash bros series would be over 9000 times better if it appealed to teens-late teens and young adults instead of children preteens and teens. The reason i love brawl so much is cause of its game play and fluid fighting engine. So with such good characteristics it could be better with actually good looking characters* i will mention some at the end*.
Sorry you haven't noticed, but Sakurai, wanted smash to be a friendly party game. Meaning TO APPEAL TO EVERYONE!!! It has just as much appeal to my 5 year old cuz as it does with my father. Oh, and nintendo only has so many options once you scrap all but 6 characters. Not impossible, but that's a GIGANTIC blow from losing their main-stream more well known characters.

So the reason you love Brawl is because of the physics? And of course your'e precious cool six characters too. Probably many people who love brawl more than you do hate or strongly dislike the majority of the cast, but don't go off complaining that "Only the cool characters should have made it in brawl. Bowser and Pikachu are not cool, they're kiddy and ought to never be put in SSB4." And it could because of the matchups, but not the actual character!

Dont get me wrong I know that the wii is a younger croud console but it doesnt have to apply to its best selling games and the ones to come. First off IF nintendo played smart and maybe dumb like sony *Sony is basically giving away all of their exclusives , god knows why but they need money probably*, they would sell off the new ssb to other consoles; If and only if the new ssb does a good job of keeping it to a appealing level of teens and up , and by adding nice characters.
Apparently, you're the one who got it wrong. The Wii is or at least is trying too be an EVERYBODY croud console. Also, as I've stated before, Sakurai, the guy who basically made smash, NOT the Wii, wanted and made it a party game. That plus the Wii is advertised for everyone, you can't honestly say that all future new wii game will advertise only for teens. Besides they'd make more money if they appealed to everyone. What about that boomblox game or w/e where in the commercials only KIDS played it? Or Wii fitt, showing adults with teens, but that doesn't count since it's not a game right?

Brawl needs extensive array of cool characters that a older croud could relate to , in other words make the new ssb a non kiddy friendly game . The new ssb roster should look something like from a capcom vs snk vs namco vs nintendo vs sony vs WHAT EVER ( excluding alot of kiddy characters that would only hinder the game) kind of roster. Having everyone from everygame (only the ones cool enough to be mentioned in a really well thought out character list) would be a great idea.
Brawl already has an very extensive array of cool characters that a older (sometimes MUCH older) croud can relate too. It extremely disconcerting and sad that you can't appreciate the character choises. :mario2: dude. I can't get my head around how you go dismissing Mario as he is basically Nintendo. He is cool. In fact, in an interview, the maker of Mario Galaxy said to a musician dude that the rough draft music was cute, NOT cool. They're aiming for cool. Characters DO NOT (Although do play a big part in) make a game kiddy friendly. Actually kids suck at this game, even before I was competative I never found any child 11 or younger who could play this game well. How can the Brawl characters in any way hinder the game? Your incredible knowledge on this subject has left me dumbfounded. I must know why.

Well thought out is what the Brawl makers have already did.

Something like this . Characters from:
MEGAMAN series : X , Zero , Bass , battle network megaman, colonel and others.
Conker BFD : CONKER, the grim reaper and heck maybe even the ugabugas.
Sonic series : old school sonic , old school knuckles , metal sonic and shadow .
Fire emblem series : alot of people could be put in here but for now ill put in ;Ike ,Roy , Sothe and Miciah , Greil ,any others im missing that are non phail should be welcome( i admit FE series is not my forte)
CUSTOM ROBO : Ray 1
Zelda series : Teen link , Oni link , Majoras mask kid link , zelda( shes basically the star of the game so she has to be in it)
Golden sun ; basically all the main characters should be welcome here.
Gun star Heroes : Red and blue.
I have no quelms against who you want for SSB4.

these are just a few characters that could easily go into a new ssb since they mostly nintendo related ,BUT the creators could go even futher by adding the coolest of the cool characters from other games and systems . Street fighter characters? king of fighters ? Tekken?Soul calibur? Final fantasy series? Guilty Gear? Dark stalkers? Dragon ball ?Rival Schools?
Think time to create characters, ownership rights, memory space, making smash as a game not feel like smash, or making the characters not feel like themselves.

A street fighter character does not belong in smash, nor does a smash character belong in Street Fighter. Period.

something like this :
KOF ; Kyo , K' , K9999 , Kusanagi , Kula , shermie , mai, Malin , shen .
street fighter : ryu , ken , cammy , guile , sakura, chun li , akuma ,c viper,
Tekken ; Jin kazama , Devil jin , julia , steve , kazuya asuka , lin xiaoyu*sorry for spelling mistakes*
Rival schools ; Edge, hinata , batsu , akira hyo ,kyosuke and others
may i even say Devil may cry series .....
Once again, don't care about the characters.

The thing is that the possibilities are endless and taking in mind that there will be obstacles like , what about the move sets? the copy rights? this isnt really a nintendo game , what about the nintendo characters? the game will cost millions to make , what bout the music? how can these characters be even on the same roster , let alone the same game......... the this and that.Well, that is where a strong and free will comes in. Just take a second to think how a ssb would look in a more mature perspective and im sure you would like it. These are my 2 cents
Well, the thing is that they chose out of those endless possibilities the biggest and baddest roster yet. Oh wait you DID think about that. But that just shows this game did make loads of money to make, does have awesome music, does present itself in a professional fashion.

How dare you say that Smash isn't really a Nintendo game.

Games don't have to make too much logical sence, so complaining about how the characters can be in the same roster or game is stupid. Come on, that's the whole point of Smash!!!

anyone looking to pick a fight i dont care there is nothing to do right now , the frustration is killing me if you must flame remmember this isnt the post to do it, Good night to you all.
Wow, you were expecting it. I don't even get what your last sentence means. I'm not trying to pick a fight. But that was just wrong. So wrong.

Dissing many incredible popular characters. Calling Brawl a joke, immature. Implying that the makers of the game didn't consider everything that is good for the game and put their best into this game. Saying brawl isn't a Nintendo game, saying those characters shouldn't be in the same game together. Saying the Brawl characters hinder the game. Implying that a whole bunch more 3rd party characters would make smash better.

/rant

Well that was uncharacteristic of me...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol zealotscout

I like coming to this thread randomly to see ridiculous posts like that

*argues on the internet*
Well, zealotscout's post is one of the reason's why I don't post on this thread anymore, that and it's not as crazy good WFT idea's like it use to have.

I'll give Zylar cool points for his post just now.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Well, zealotscout's post is one of the reason's why I don't post on this thread anymore, that and it's not as crazy good WFT idea's like it use to have.

I'll give Zylar cool points for his post just now.
I'm sure it'll just be a very fleeting enjoyment I get from reading stupid posts anyway.

It would be great if this thread could return to serious theories and ideas.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
How would you feel about reps from Smash itself? Like, Master Hand or Tabuu as a playable character? I wouldn't want it, personally. Any thoughts?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The only way he would be similar would be taking abilities. In any event, Megaman has more than enough moves to be different.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
The new ssb should have zero stupid characters , only cool famous bad *** characters recognized by fans world wide . Who are these stupid characters in the brawl roster? all of them EXCLUDING , Ike , Captain falcon , Link . zelda , sonic * even though in brawl he looks so so stupid and annoying* and maybe zss*yea she looks cool so what? That said it only leaves these 6 characters to start a new. First of all , the new super smash bros series would be over 9000 times better if it appealed to teens-late teens and young adults instead of children preteens and teens.
All I have to say is this. If you REALLY wanted a more mature game, they should put in BPS instead of ZSS. Want to know what BPS is? Go play Super Metroid and let Samus die. Then observe what happens and what she looks like/wears under her suit. You will understand then.

Or...beat the game in under 3 hours. You'll REALLY understand then. ;)

That's all I have to say about this part, as I completely disagree with everything made in this post and Zylar covered all the rest.

Actually, this idea is stupid. If you add those characters, then SSB wouldn't be SSB anymore. Plus, by making the game more mature, they'd actually lose part of a mature audience. My roommate absolutely hates Pokemon because he thinks it is horribly immature, but when he plays any of the SSB games, he'll still pick up one of the Pokemon on occasion and have fun with it. Actually, he thoroughly enjoys using Pokemon in the game, but he still thinks the game of Pokemon itself is immature.

SSB obscures people's thoughts on maturity and immaturity. Reason being? It's a fighting game. Fighting is not viewed as immature to a lot of people, not even in the form of SSB when it's something completely different from what people think when they think fighting games. Another reason why the line is obscured is for the same reason that Zylar said. SSB was and still is introduced in a professional manner. They mainly use characters who follow a theme, such as how they mainly have always used characters that are from the Nintendo series. It wasn't until Brawl that this changed, and even then it was only with a small fraction of new additions (I believe Snake and Sonic were the only ones, if I can remember correctly). By doing this, they are keeping their professional sense in tact, which is what allows them to still stand next to fighting games such as the ones you mentioned. Once they throw in so many characters, however, they lose that professionalism. Could you imagine this game with all the guys you mentioned? It'd be stupid! They'd probably actually be laughed at by major corporations, because people would just see it as a giant cop out as it shows that Nintendo can't stand just on its own two feet and keep their own series going as it was.

You flamed the entire game, and don't think people should flame you? Hypocritical, if I must say so. Sooo...for that, I have just one more thing to say.

PREPARE TO BE FLAMED! >:D

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
I was there when the nes came out , i had a sega genesis to( hence my love for the classic sonics) , i even had the first brick game boy , but everyone in this world matures and grows up , that was why i was expecting a better ssb for the future , anyways if easy characters that ARE nintendo related , bass . X , zero , golden sun characters or the one best thing i forgot, Chrono trigger , the best game in history , dont get a chance then well, that would make me sad . Maybe my issue is that I am to dependant on 3rd party characters to spice up a already good game
since from the n64 i basically abandoned the nintendo culture and inmersed my self in the sony universe.Nintendo doesnt have the problem that their best games suddenly turn up on a foreign consoles( DMC , TEKKEN , and others were all sold off to the xbox which hurt me a lot.) anyways if this isnt done I might as well hope that MUGEN is published under a game company to forget about this accident.
.( and I do like brawl i enjoy it and i DO know it is competitive , I am even going to a torney this saturday but well.
That is all for me , i am going to the ike boards now.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Please at least address this.

Wow, you were expecting it. I don't even get what your last sentence means. I'm not trying to pick a fight. But that was just wrong. So wrong.

Dissing many incredible popular characters. Calling Brawl a joke, immature. Implying that the makers of the game didn't consider everything that is good for the game and put their best into this game. Saying brawl isn't a Nintendo game, saying those characters shouldn't be in the same game together. Saying the Brawl characters hinder the game. Implying that a whole bunch more 3rd party characters would make smash better.
Did you really mean those things? Have I gravely misunderstood? Do you have a reason/explanation?

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
What I ment by calling brawl a joke is that there is really a few selection of serious looking characters with in its roster. I know there alot of famous and popular characters in the brawl roster but how do I say it, they dont really belong in a fighting game .Dont get me wrong ALL of these characters were part of my childhood to., maybe what I have said is too harsh but thats my view of it. As to my final words I meant that IF a new ssb were being developed and these " unnessesary comic relief characters " were removed then a common skepticism would be present ,something like , if you take out famous nintendo characters it wont be ssb anymore. Well by taking out these characters you would only put even MORE famous and better looking characters. Yes sadly I do think that more 3rd party characters would be better , see get this i used to like the mgs (metal gear solid)series , but thanks to brawl they turned my favorite character into a clown , because he doesnt belong there. I just hope if they put in like Crono they dont turn him into a joke like what they did to snake and sonic and the star creatures , since I used to like their games , but there just annoying in ssb

anyways I'll just drop this . conform my self how the current sbb and ill just play some mugen . I'll just dream about a better ssb. That is all i hope.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
well... This is a Nintendo game that is all about Nintendo's best, most successful, video game characters, 3rd party characters are cool but this is primarily about Nintendo. If you can't enjoy that then either get over it or don't play, I mean, Nintendo has never been only about the so called "mature" so I don't see where this idea that they would is coming from.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
well... This is a Nintendo game that is all about Nintendo's best, most successful, video game characters, 3rd party characters are cool but this is primarily about Nintendo. If you can't enjoy that then either get over it or don't play, I mean, Nintendo has never been only about the so called "mature" so I don't see where this idea that they would is coming from.
You are right man my intentions or ideals for what im hoping the new game should look like is totally out of what nintendo is acustomed to do , and specially im going against the ssb principals .STILL you cant say having crono on a ssb roster is a bad idea , it just takes a crazy person to do a smart thing some times but well.

laters

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Right. So you think the game is immature but you joined it's biggest online community and are posting your characters you want for the next game even though they 'hinder' the experience.

Lithexive

Smash Rookie
In SMB4 I would like to see the return of Mewtwo and Roy, and characters like Gannondorf, Samus and Link fixed.

For new Characters,

King K. Rool / Kaptain K. Rool
I thought they were the same person.. But some people say they are brothers. Anyhow, I'd like to see moves from both the characters in the same move set. (Kaptain's Cannon & Boost, King's Jumps)

Toon Zelda/ Tetra or Just Tetra
Nice addition from the Toon Zelda games, instead of Zelda changing into shiek, it would be Toon Zelda changing into Tetra.

Midna & Wolf Link
Yeah.. I just think it would be awesome to put theese two characters into the game.

Animal Crossing Villager
Uses his tools for attacks.

Banjo and Kazooie
A perfect 3rd party character, was origanally on N64.

Waluigi
A combination of moves from the Mario sports/party games.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I would be soooo happy if toon zelda/tetra were in the next game xDDD however it's very unlikely, sigh.

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
they should make midna & wolf link a duo character, lol
I'd also love for baby mario & luigi to be together
more characters like ice climbers =]

Lithexive

Smash Rookie
Yeah Midna & Wolf Link would be a perfect Duo character, 'cause they work together on twilight princess. And theres a small chance of tetra/zelda :)

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
In SMB4 I would like to see the return of Mewtwo and Roy
A combination of moves from the Mario sports/party games.
why Roy?

also I think Took Zelda/Tetra is a sweet idea, as is Midna and wolf link.

The Typical thing I see with people and Fire Emblem games is they list Marth and then like 3 new Fire Emblem characters, I say it should be balanced, if you are gonna have two newer FE characters you have to have another old one to go with Marth like one of these.

Alm
Celica
Sigurd
Leaf

people complain they are too much the same but Sigurd could be on horseback, that would be sweet.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I would really love to know why people always toss around Sigurd. There's a rumour that he would be Sakurai's favourite character, but that's not true, Nabarl is Sakurai's favourite FE character.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
dude, I never said he was Sakurai's fave, he is just one f mine. FE4 was a really great game, the only reason I mentioned him over the other 4 for the horse idea was because he started his game out on a horse. the reason I suggested those 4 is because they are the main protagonists of their games. Actually I would take Leaf over Sigurd because he was in FE4 and FE5

don't assume.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi kind of does have a chance. The only real argument against him is that he only is in spin offs. Isn't smash a spin off?

but i do realize why everyone says waluigi doesn't have a chance( unless he gets his own game!!). I guess I'll have to wait for ssb5 or 6.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Waluigi has a great amout of popularty because of the spinoff's, his popularty made him an AT in Brawl, I wouldn't be suprised if I saw him as a playable character. But his background is still unclear, I guess that's why he's not playable. ♥

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
WaLuigi doesn't really have any character he just exists in sports games so you can have mario and luigi vs wario and somebody, or so you can have luigi vs. bad luigi. etc. Next think you know they will have baby wario and waluigi, is that really what you want in a smash bros game?

justaway12

Smash Master
Waluigi kind of does have a chance. The only real argument against him is that he only is in spin offs. Isn't smash a spin off?

but i do realize why everyone says waluigi doesn't have a chance( unless he gets his own game!!). I guess I'll have to wait for ssb5 or 6.
♠ I never said Waluigi has 0 chance in brawl he is actually very popular but other than appering for sports game he hasn't had a big shot and Bowser jr. just seems more important. ♠

Lithexive

Smash Rookie
Hmm I don't think they would ever put Bowser Jr in.. It just wouldn't seem right.
He wouldn't fit in with the current rooster

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I guess he means that Bowser Jr moveset's wouldn't seem right. I guess that's what he means.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Hmm I don't think they would ever put Bowser Jr in.. It just wouldn't seem right.
He wouldn't fit in with the current rooster
Rooster?
And he does deserve to be in: whether he's annoying or not, he's a main character in Super Mario Sunshine, New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Galaxy. He's been also showing up in some spinoffs like Mario Kart Wii. We will be seeing MUCH more of him in the future.

And I don't think his moveset would be awkward: it would actually be pretty easy:
B: Fire Breath
B>: Shell Slide
B^: Jr Fortress
Bv: Koopa Shell
Something like that.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I like Bowser Jr. very much and honestly think that him sticking around in the main games is one of Nintendo's best decisions ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom