• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You know MYM is like... CLOSED?
How long was I gone from the Workshop boards to hear such sad news?! I did find it werid that I couldn't find that thread anywhere in this board. O_o

Since I haven't posted here in a while, I guess I'll make my "top five most wanted sound track from each sieries that has a sound track" post since I haven't done that.

Edited: Oh, now I see the MYM thread.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
@ Wizzerd: Don't post movesets in here. Post movesets in Make Your Move.
I can't, it's done... and that moveset is just to demonstrate how Mii could be original. It wouldn't last 5 seconds in Make Your Move before MasterWarlord posts a fifty-page moveset that blows mine out of the water. Movesets do have a place outside of Make Your Move.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I can't, it's done... and that moveset is just to demonstrate how Mii could be original. It wouldn't last 5 seconds in Make Your Move before MasterWarlord posts a fifty-page moveset that blows mine out of the water. Movesets do have a place outside of Make Your Move.
Well, if you prefer, I could post my movesets here instead. . .

trev94

Smash Journeyman
if mewtwo were to be put back into the game he better have a new move set. EVERYTHING should change. Only his B move should stay

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Even a mewtwo main (like me) recognized his low tier position. He just isn't as good as other characters. Their are a lot of moves that just aren't very useful. HIs side B would need buffed so badly it seems like a new move. HIs down B was okay but not that great. He had a few kill moves and not a lot of moves racking up damage quickly. There is a lot to fix for him. He was very fun to play with though. His really good moves were in the throws and in brawl all the throws have been nerfed so badly.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Even a mewtwo main (like me) recognized his low tier position. He just isn't as good as other characters. Their are a lot of moves that just aren't very useful. HIs side B would need buffed so badly it seems like a new move. HIs down B was okay but not that great. He had a few kill moves and not a lot of moves racking up damage quickly. There is a lot to fix for him. He was very fun to play with though. His really good moves were in the throws and in brawl all the throws have been nerfed so badly.
Oh- I thought trev94 meant new moves altogether. Mewtwo does need some buffs. In any case, Mewtwo should be in.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Oh- I thought trev94 meant new moves altogether. Mewtwo does need some buffs. In any case, Mewtwo should be in.
i think so too but thats means Lucaro would have to be taken out because they are way to much alike unless they make one of them very differnt from the other.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
^Your post disgusts me. LUCARIO. DOES. NOT. HAVE. THE. SAME. MOVES. AS. MEWTWO. K?

They are EXTREMELY different. Otherwise, Lucario'd be low tier as well, but we don't know how well Mewtwo would be in Brawl's physics and style anyway, so.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
^You are sad. Honestly. They have such a different moveset, and I am sick and tired of ill-informed ignorant people running around saying otherwise. Another thing do you have proof that Lucario replaced Mewtwo? Just because they're both bipedal Pokemon says NOTHING AT ALL.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Well there is so many posts on this thread. So my idea will probably get buried in all of them.
But I think we need 2 things.

1. More "realistic" human characters like Snake. I am sure Nintendo can think of some.
2. Characters who actually use "real" guns that shoot actual bullets. Not lasers or peanuts or whatever whiffy piffy stuff, but real actual bullets.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Well there is so many posts on this thread. So my idea will probably get buried in all of them.
But I think we need 2 things.

1. More "realistic" human characters like Snake. I am sure Nintendo can think of some.
2. Characters who actually use "real" guns that shoot actual bullets. Not lasers or peanuts or whatever whiffy piffy stuff, but real actual bullets.
That won't happen. Nintendo's making it and they actually made it a point to keep bullets out.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
^You are sad. Honestly. They have such a different moveset, and I am sick and tired of ill-informed ignorant people running around saying otherwise. Another thing do you have proof that Lucario replaced Mewtwo? Just because they're both bipedal Pokemon says NOTHING AT ALL.
just because there bipedal pekemon kinda says something and god knows that pokeom trainer didnt re place him. They shouldnt be in the same game there basied off each other.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
^I think you should stop posting, because you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Characters from the same series don't have to be the ones to replace each other. For all you know, Wolf replaced him. In fact, Mewtwo wasn't replaced at all. There was simply not enough space and they chose not to add him. Here, let's play a game. Name everything similiar about Lucario to Mewtwo. Gameplay-wise.

EDIT: Name another bipedal Pokemon with a human-like shape.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
What can I say? It's a marketing strategy. For the easier audience. Nintendo is Mr. Potatomoto. We are the Peabodies. If you don't know what I mean, say so and I'll PM you the comic.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I have to say that i do think Lucario was based off of mewtwo for ssbb, like a luigified clone. Then they changed lucario so much that anyone who's played both characters knows they are nothing alike. The only thing they share is neutral B, which also looks a heck of a lot like Samus's. I really wish Mewtwo was in still.

Simon Mason 1883277018

Smash Rookie
Halo Characters.

Master Chief
Assault Rifle-B
Rocket Launcher Blast-Hold B
Head Bash-B>
Screw Attack-B^
Bomb-Bv
Scorpion-Final Smash

Arbiter
Plasma Pistol-B
Needle Rifle-Hold B
Mach Kick-B>
Energy Sword Spin-B^
Plasma Grenade-Bv
Wraith-Final Smash

Brute
Brute Shot-B
Gravity Hammer-B>
Rocket-B^
Down Roll-Bv
Brute Chopper-Final Smash

Drone
Claw-B
Wing Blade-B>
Upper Cuts-B^
Drill Legs-Bv
Ghost-Final Smash

Hunter
Cannon-B
Roll-B>
Laser Punch-B^
Stomp-Bv
Anti Air Wraith-Final Smash

|RK|

Smash Marketer
^Why? Really, why? First off, Nintendo will not have anything that is a gun in their games they make. Second, Halo characters will never be in a Nintendo game. So really, why do people make posts like this?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
^Why? Really, why? First off, Nintendo will not have anything that is a gun in their games they make. Second, Halo characters will never be in a Nintendo game. So really, why do people make posts like this?
Zero Suit Samus - gun

Fox - gun

Wolf - bayonet / pistol

Falco - gun

Samus - arm-gun

Diddy Kong - peanut-gun

Kirby - can absorb and use many different guns

and now my all time favorite one

Snake - A bazooka, a mortar, grenades, C4, mines, and a lovely rocket launcher they decided to call Nikita.

There is absolutely no reason why a Halo character could NOT come out in the Smash franchise because of violence. Trust me, there are many other factors coming way ahead of that.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Though all of these weapons you named are fictional (lasers, peanut gun) or not accessable to people outside of the military (Snake's weaponry).

Nintendo themselves stated that they wouldn't include guns shooting bullets, that's why Snake has no machine gun or something.

^I think you should stop posting, because you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Characters from the same series don't have to be the ones to replace each other. For all you know, Wolf replaced him. In fact, Mewtwo wasn't replaced at all. There was simply not enough space and they chose not to add him.
There was enough space, but they had to include Sonic, so they kicked out Mewtwo instead.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I am honestly against anyone from Microsoft getting in smash, because there is just no hope for it in my eyes. Now, if Master Chief makes it, by some bizarre act of some bizarre high power, I would be happy with that. I would try him. But I don't believe there is any chance in hell of Microsoft lending out characters.

Ubisoft, Sega, and 2nd parties are about the only options, I THINK...unless someone has anything to add to this one.

EDIT: Forgot CAPCOM. So shut up, Megaman fans. :bee:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am honestly against anyone from Microsoft getting in smash, because there is just no hope for it in my eyes. Now, if Master Chief makes it, by some bizarre act of some bizarre high power, I would be happy with that. I would try him. But I don't believe there is any chance in hell of Microsoft lending out characters.

Ubisoft, Sega, and 2nd parties are about the only options, I THINK...unless someone has anything to add to this one.

EDIT: Forgot CAPCOM. So shut up, Megaman fans. :bee:
Well, Bungie isn't owned by Microsoft anymore.

They just sold themselves for a while to get their game out...

They are on their own now

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, Bungie isn't owned by Microsoft anymore.

They just sold themselves for a while to get their game out...

They are on their own now
Ah, really? Wasn't made aware of that one.

Well, that makes it SOMEWHAT more possible...but not much. Bungie has never made a game for a nintendo system, has it?

CAPCOM, at least one 2nd party AND ubisoft all made several.

EDIT: 2nd party part is iffy, I only know about SMRPG off the top of my head.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How so? I never saw people running around with grenade launchers or mines.
Well, I've never seen anyone running around with plasma pistols either

Hell, even the Spartan's main weapon is illegal to have (Here at least), the assault rifle.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Oh no you didn't...

Let's just pretend for a minute you mixed up the > and < sign.

...Because we ALL know Geno > Everyone
I'll admit that Geno is cool, but where will Smash be after putting in a non-main character in a lesser-known game that's third party? You have to admit that Paper Mario deserves a spot over Geno.
Paper Mario>Geno

Scott!

Smash Lord
Personally, I hope they don't go the way of realism if it means guns. Including guns would make me worry that they're on the slippery slope to blood. And once there's guns and blood, Smash is dead. If they want to include realistic characters without guns, that's fine. Snake is awesome. But Smash and guns just do not go together.

Although, personally, I would not want Master Chief. The fanboy uproar would be miserable. Plus, I don't care about Halo at all, so for me, it would be a waste of a spot that could have gone to someone else improbable, but much more interesting to me, like Lloyd.

Simon Mason 1883277018

Smash Rookie
Dinobot Characters.

Grimlock
Fire Breath-B
Skull Bash-B>
Screw Attack-B^
Tyrannosaurus Mode-Bv

Slag
Fire Breath-B
Head Butt-B>
Rocket Boost-B^
Triceratops Mode-Bv

Sludge
Rocket Launcher-B
Shield Fists-B>
Screw Attack-B^
Apatosaurus Mode-Bv

Snarl
Fire Breath-B
Mach Kick-B>
Screw Attack-B^
Stegosaurus Mode-Bv

Swoop
Fore Breath-B
Wing Blade-B>
Pteranodon Mode-B^
Slash Wheel-Bv

gantrain05

Smash Master
master chief is old news, nobody gives a crap about halo anymore, i really don't understand why that name even comes up on these forums at all anymore really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom