• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I would just love another FE rep but there are so many lords, and important characters. Many games as well for the series, it feels unlikely they would put anymore. Well maybe Roy but I really would not have a problem if he was in again or not. ANd Oliver's beauty can not be held by such a series as SSB

I could see another Zelda rep appearing but I just wonder who it would be, I mean you cant get more Zelda like with Ganondorf Link and Zelda.

I would see Peppy in the roster first then I would see krystal in the roster. But then again he seems a tad old, but hey you see a middle age man getting in the action (Ganondorf)

This really does not have to much ground, but I would love to see some sort of appearance by the President in Pikmin 2

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
So, looking back on what I posted, I just used Wolf to go through Classic, and I apologize for what I said before; he definitely has his differences from Fox and Falco concerning his A-moves. If we expand the roster for SSB4, then four Starfox reps certainly wouldn't hurt (four, if Krystal got in)

I guess for Jigglypuff... my issue is that she's not nearly as "major" as the other Poke'mon that have held roles in Smash, except for Pichu. True, she and Pikachu got to be more familiar because of the anime, but anyone else notice that Jiggs sort of 'faded' into the background after the 4th-5th season, I think it was? Plus, in Brawl, we had 5 first-gen Poke'mon. (Pika, Jiggs, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. Six if you count the PKMN Trainer in there) There's always a trainer in every PKMN game, and Squirtle, Bulbasaur (Ivy.), and Charmander (Chariz.) are the most famous starters in the game. Don't forget that Pikachu was your starter in Yellow, and that you later got Charm, Bulba, and Squirt.

Mewtwo was essentially the "Final Boss Poke'mon" you had to fight in R/B/Y, and was featured in two (maybe three?) movies.

I don't have Diamond/Pearl, so I'm not sure... is Lucario a legendary? I know he was the featured PKMN in a movie, but that's it...

Jigglypuff was a Poke'mon you could catch in the grass outside of Mt. Moon that provided some comic relief from time-to-time in the first 4-5 seasons of the anime, before it practically vanished from the series.

As hemightbegiant once put it, a major character from a minor (in this case, MAJOR) series is better than a minor character from a major series. Out of the original 12 Smashers, Jigglypuff has faded out of the spotlight the most.

Toon Link was probably the "clone-iest" out of all the newcomers/unlockables. And personally, I'm tired of character identities being included as actual fighters. I was hoping Doc, Pichu, and Young Link would be the end, but then this little guy came along. It honestly bugs me when people say they want Paper Mario, Dark Samus, Fierce Deity Link, Blood Falcon, etc. as new fighters.

Samurai Goroh is one of those characters (along with Ridley, Krystal, Megaman, and often Geno and Little Mac) that's typically on the top ten wishlist for new fighters in a fourth Super Smash Brothers.

The thing that sets Goroh above B.S. for me- as someone mentioned when comparing Wolf to Krystal- is the fact that Goroh has been around longer. Sure, it might have been for just one or two games more, but he's always held his spot as Falcon's archrival. Not necessarily as his #1, true, final-boss-type arch-nemesis, but he definitely plays a major role in opposing the bounty hunter.

I have a decent reasoning for Goroh saved on my computer back when Brawl was being discussed. I could post it later...

Besides, what harm would it do to have both BS and Goroh on the roster? We've already got a possible idea for Goroh's dash/B-side attack. ;)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Toon Link was probably the "clone-iest" out of all the newcomers/unlockables. And personally, I'm tired of character identities being included as actual fighters. I was hoping Doc, Pichu, and Young Link would be the end, but then this little guy came along. It honestly bugs me when people say they want Paper Mario, Dark Samus, Fierce Deity Link, Blood Falcon, etc. as new fighters.
I really do not see how you can consider Paper Mario, Dark Samus, clones. If you have played the games, Paper Mario is like a completely different mario. While Dark Samus....well she is very different, but I could see moves such as power beam being slightly similar.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In fact, I think Krystal isn't really as important as his friend and rival, and his arch-nemesis.
With Krystal in the picture, I doubt Falco is as important as Krystal both in game and in Fox's relationships. By the way, Wolf is more or less a rival, not an archnemesis.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Andross is a floating monkey head spitting stuff, and Pigma is not even slightly important to the series. He's only a slimey traitor. <_<

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Holy ****, is that Grubba? I love Paper Mario TTYD! And how does Fox's relationship have to do with Krystal being a better choice than Falco?

Pikamari

Smash Rookie
I think the next smash should have Link, Toon Link, AND Young Link
Link has way more stuff than just a bow, a boomerang, and bombs!

Toon link could use the deku leaf as a recovery and on the ground it blows people away
Maybe the skull hammer

Young link could have the masks from Majoras Mask as specials, deku bubble as B, goron roll as <B> and zora fins as vB or something. I never beat majoras mask so i had to wiki those...

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Krystal has no chance of getting in simply due to the fact that there’s no way Starfox deserves 4 reps. Considering Zelda might not even get 5 reps, Starfox potentially matching Zelda is utterly absurd. Starfox doesn’t even really deserve 3 reps, for crap’s sake. Falco is staying. . .No matter how bad a choice he was to start with, he’s already been in 2 games. He’s not going anywhere. Wolf is more unique then Falco, more popular, and more important to the series, so he’s not going anywhere either. Besides, Japan likes Leon and Slippy just as much as if not more then Krystal, and they’re the people who REALLY matter, so Krystal has no chance whatsoever.

Good day, Kuma0so.

Oh, and at that other guy, Black Shadow before Goroh please. No matter how undeserving Jigglypuff is as a character, she's been in all 3 games. She's untouchable. She's staying for the same reason the Ice Climbers are staying, essentially.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
And Jigglypuff still has enormous popularity in Japan (well, maybe not so much any more, but she still has popularity). Did you hear about that jet with Jigglypuff on it?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I remember how much I supported to have Tom Nook in brawl. Thinking that he will just hop over the rope and join the brawl. But like many other people my dreams were shattered.
*hugs kirbywizard* I did too. Dumb Sakurai.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Krystal has no chance of getting in simply due to the fact that there’s no way Starfox deserves 4 reps. Considering Zelda might not even get 5 reps, Starfox potentially matching Zelda is utterly absurd. Starfox doesn’t even really deserve 3 reps, for crap’s sake. Falco is staying. . .No matter how bad a choice he was to start with, he’s already been in 2 games. He’s not going anywhere. Wolf is more unique then Falco, more popular, and more important to the series, so he’s not going anywhere either. Besides, Japan likes Leon and Slippy just as much as if not more then Krystal, and they’re the people who REALLY matter, so Krystal has no chance whatsoever.

Good day, Kuma0so.
****, I'm willing to support Krystal and the only thing I'm feeling here is forced conformity. When I supported Kumatora, I never got this strong of a treatment.

Anyway, do you have proof regarding the popularity of each Starfox character in Japan, or are you just repeating information you have heard someone else say before? This is something that I've asked before and it constantly gets ignored.

von Fargo

Smash Rookie
Pyramid Head In Brawl?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now im a big silent hill fan, and got to thinking one day, how awesome would pyramid head be in brawl? the most bad-*** villain in any video game would finally be on a fighting game where you could **** a few of nintendo's stupidest characters (i.e. pit).

he would be a heavy character, like ganondorf or ike, and he would wield his "great knife" from silent hill 2 (for those of you that havent played the game, google image "pyramid head great knife"). now for those that say, 'wait, brawl is a kids game on a kids system, no way would such a bloody/controversial (pyramid head is also a rapist) character be in such a game!' well i would make the argument that with the advent of snake, who by the way slits people's throats, shoots people with a wide assortment of weapons, including all sorts of guns, rocket launchers, and grenade launchers, and whos games always have at least a
T-MA rating, i don't see how Pyramid head would be such a traumatizing shock to all the little children who play this game (note the sarcasm). but anyway, no character suggestion would be complete without features and move-list:

FEATURES:
he would look like he does in silent hill 2, NOT THE MOVIE!!! the movie is a pathetic *******ization of the awe-inspiring story that is silent hill, and i don't even consider it part of the franchise. he would be tall, about the size of ganondorf, he would move alot like ike did, but maybe a little slower, as he drags his sword behind him. he would be about as fast as ganondorf, with slightly more quickness in his moves, as he is pretty fast in parts of the game. his sword would be the size of ikes as far as length, and would probably be a bit wider, but not by much and he would move it in a similar fashion (another possible model for PH would be Nightmare from the soul calibur series, if nobody knows who that is just google image "nightmare soul calibur")

MOVE LIST:

GROUND GAME:

JAB-A:
his jabs would be a three part combo, consisting of him 1. jabbing with his non-sword-wielding hand, 2. quickly bringing his sword up knicking the opponent with the hilt, and
3. headbutting the opponent, giving them a small knockback.
SIDE-TILT:
his side tilt would be him quickly slicing through the air horizontally on whichever side you direct it.
D-TILT:
his down tilt would be him quickly jabbing the ground horizontally with his knife, as a model you could use marth's D-tilt.
U-TILT:
His up tilt would be like ike's, taking the hilt of his sword and jabbin it up into the sky.
F-SMASH:
his forward/backward smash would be him slicing diagonally across his body on either side through the air, spinning around (having some ending lag of course, we don't want people abusing/spamming a smash lol).
D-SMASH:
his down smash would look like ike's, he would smash his sword down on one side, then smash it down on the other side.
U-SMASH:
his up smash would like ike's, slicing through the air above him, with a slight ending lag.

ARIELS:

N-AIR:
PH would spin around in the air, quickly spinning his sword around him in a 360 degree spin, a model would probably be Marth's nair.
F-AIR:
1st possibility: his fair would be him quickly lifting his sword up, smashing the sharp part of the blade into the opponent, it would work a little like jigglypuff's fair, or wario's fair.
2nd possibility: he would slash through the air in front of him, much like marth's fair.
B-AIR:
he would spin around behind him, slashing through the air with a slight diagonal angle, and end the spin still facing the same direction as before.
D-AIR:
1st possibility: would slash below him, similar to Marth's dair
2nd possibility: would stab his sword below him, stabbing anybody below, similar to Link's dair.
U-AIR:
1st possibility: would slash above him, similar to Marth's uair.
2nd possibility: would stab above him with his sword, similar to link's uair.

SPECIALS: (a couple repeats/different arrangements here, whichever would work better)

B:
1st possibility: would toss a mannequin at the opponent who would either 1. spit acid on the opponent, 2. grab the opponent, 3. attack the opponent. similar to DDD's waddle dee toss.
2nd possibility: would charge for a mighty swing with his sword, and would swing it when releasing B, similar to roy's b in melee.
SIDE-B:
1st possibility: would toss a mannequin at the opponent who would either 1. spit acid on the opponent, 2. grab the opponent, 3. attack the opponent. similar to DDD's waddle dee toss.
2nd possibility: would reach out with his sword, and if catching the enemy with his hilt, brings the opponent into his arms, and crush the opponent into his body, then toss away (kinda like ****** them rofl but it wouldn't be able to look like that because i know nintendo wouldn't allow that lol).
3rd possibility: summons a cage in front of him, imprisoning anyone in front of him, leaving them open momentarily for an attack.
also, in the air, it not only imprisons the one in front, but also drops faster than pyramid head, allowing him to jump ontop of it, giving him another set of jumps for recovery. if the cage falls and hits someone, it damages with moderate recoil (obviously it is an excellent recovery, and a good spiking/stage spiking move).
DOWN-B:
1st possibility: summons a cage in front of him, imprisoning anyone in front of him, leaving them open momentarily for an attack.
also, in the air, it not only imprisons the one in front, but also drops faster than pyramid head, allowing him to jump ontop of it, giving him another set of jumps for recovery. if the cage falls and hits someone, it damages with moderate recoil (obviously it is an excellent recovery, and a good spiking/stage spiking move).
2nd possibility: would reach out with his sword, and if catching the enemy with his hilt, brings the opponent into his arms, and crush the opponent into his body, then toss away (kinda like ****** them rofl but it wouldn't be able to look like that because i know nintendo wouldn't allow that lol).
UP-B:
a cage appears in front of PH, and he spins around spinning his sword vertically 360 degrees, the crushing/explosion of the cage sends him up into the air, with no lag/freeze afterwards, allowing him to still move and perform moves after he's used it.

GRABS:

his dash grab is fast, with good space, like bowsers.

F-GRAB:
tosses the opponent into the air in front of him, and slashes them with his sword sending the opponent flying forward with good damage and solid knockback.
B-GRAB:
slowly builds up, and then hurls the opponent behind him over his shoulder, KOs at high damage.
D-GRAB:
spins the opponent around, then slams them into the ground, bouncing them up into the air, with solid hit-stun.
U-GRAB:
tosses the opponent into the air above him, then slashes them with his sword, sending them flying up into the air. KOs at high damage.

DODGES:

SIDE-DODGE:
rolls on his side, similar to ganondorf's dodge.
SPOT-DODGE:
dodges down, scooting to the side and back, similar to ganondorf's dodge.

In Conclusion: i believe pyramid head would be an amazing character in this game, and shoud be put into the next smash bros. installment (whenever the hell that is lol). but yeah so start the petition, the email storm, the facebook group, whatever lol.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Hey Von Fargo, movesets belong in MYM5. Just fix it up a bit and then post it in their.

Also, falco will not leave for Krystal. I don't have any real problems with krystal, but the sidekick will always be more important than the damsel in distress. Just look at most series, they all got the sidekick first. (Except for LoZ and other series without sidekicks).

As for jigglypuff. She is a classic now. There are so many people who main her, and have mained her since ssb64 that she isn't going anywhere. Plus she has a completely unique moveset unlike any other character.

Also, i wouldn't say that Legend of Zelda won't get someone new. Most people think Tingle will get in do to popularity in japan. Also there's my fave Vaati. And you can always find the random skullkid fanboy around the internet. It has a few possibilities and i think that it is about time to dig into the vast archive of the Mario, LoZ, and pokemon universe. They have a few characters to offer and they need to have more characters so other series like Starfox and Kirby don't get equal reps to the big 3.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
****, I'm willing to support Krystal and the only thing I'm feeling here is forced conformity. When I supported Kumatora, I never got this strong of a treatment.

Anyway, do you have proof regarding the popularity of each Starfox character in Japan, or are you just repeating information you have heard someone else say before? This is something that I've asked before and it constantly gets ignored.
Krystal POWER!!! woot woot

I wouldn't say Krystal has absolutely no chance whatsoever, though I do agree that she's rather unlikely right now. I mean, it's really easy to go back and say "oh, something shouldn't have been that way, but it's that way now and now it's always going to be that way". Take Star Fox, for example. People say it doesn't deserve three reps, but it'll probably stay that way now. They probably said the same thing pre-Brawl when there were only two characters. Possibly even before Melee, when there was just Fox, and Star Fox in general didn't "deserve" more reps. And Jigglypuff's been in all three games. Sure, right now we say that she doesn't "deserve" it, but she's been in all three games and she'll probably stay forever. People have probably complained just as much since the beginning. I guess what I'm trying to say is that things don't always go the way we think they should, they never did, and that Smash will probably always have a little air of unpredictability.

joeismann

Smash Rookie
all i want is
bowser jr
waluigi
k. rool
kamek
geno(dont actually know who he is but he sounds cool)
darbus
midna
toonzelda/tetra
deoxys
mewtwo
dialga/palkia
infernape
sylux
ridly
smash villager
tom nook
mega man
slime(dq series)
scout(dq series)
knuckle joe
bomberman
krystal
leon
slippy
panther
crash bandicoot
samurai goroh
balck shadow
blood falcon
pico
ray mk 3
spyro/cynder
gray fox
isaac
knuckles
shadow
jet the hawk

and when you pick random you get random
i got ice climbers 3 times in a row and my friend got r.o.b
5 times in a row

beter stage builder
clone builder (character builder would be too hard to program)

if this game was made i would buy it in 2 seconds

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Krystal POWER!!! woot woot

I wouldn't say Krystal has absolutely no chance whatsoever, though I do agree that she's rather unlikely right now. I mean, it's really easy to go back and say "oh, something shouldn't have been that way, but it's that way now and now it's always going to be that way". Take Star Fox, for example. People say it doesn't deserve three reps, but it'll probably stay that way now. They probably said the same thing pre-Brawl when there were only two characters. Possibly even before Melee, when there was just Fox, and Star Fox in general didn't "deserve" more reps. And Jigglypuff's been in all three games. Sure, right now we say that she doesn't "deserve" it, but she's been in all three games and she'll probably stay forever. People have probably complained just as much since the beginning. I guess what I'm trying to say is that things don't always go the way we think they should, they never did, and that Smash will probably always have a little air of unpredictability.
Yes, Star Fox should stay with three reps for SSB4 and keep it that way for a while, because as rosters get larger, more reps are possible. And it's true that things don't go as we expect in Smash Bros, but mainly in WTF or shock characters like Ice Climbers and ROB. We should be shocked by shock characters, not ordinary ones.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Uggg.
X franchise does/does not deserve more reps. is a useless argument. We already know Smash Bros does not follow either rule. Fire Emblem, Earthbound, Donkey Kong, Metroid and F-Zero are all examples.

Please stop using that argument.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Uggg.
X franchise does/does not deserve more reps. is a useless argument. We already know Smash Bros does not follow either rule. Fire Emblem, Earthbound, Donkey Kong, Metroid and F-Zero are all examples.

Please stop using that argument.
Thank you, it's annoying hearing that arugment used so many times when it's been disproven. When it comes down to is how popular the character is and if that character is fit for smash.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thank you, it's annoying hearing that arugment used so many times when it's been disproven. When it comes down to is how popular the character is and if that character is fit for smash.
Awesome. Let's add Sora, Cloud and Master Chief, although they have a rat's *** to do with Nintendo and its history.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I swear, we need to change the name to "Spadefox's SSB4 Discussion Thread".

I have to laugh when people whine about the possibility of Dark Samus and Paper Mario being clones.

I compared Wind Waker to Twilight Princess personally, and there were so many differences that Toon Link COULD have been original. But he wasn't.

Paper Mario IS MARIO. It's a dimensional paradox. He has just as much of a chance as Toon Link when it comes to being a clone.

Dark Samus should, by no means, ever be a clone of Samus. But they have the same BODY for the most part...in armor anyway. So it's entirely possibly that lazy slop would be dripped on D-Samus and a clone will be born. Plus, Ridley gets in over Dark Samus, for being an antagonist with...uhh...more "experience."

Krystal has a VERY similar frame to Zamus. She doesn't have to have used a plasma whip. And it doesn't matter if she uses telekinesis. Ganondorf never used his bare hands to throttle Link. He didn't even have to.

Ganondorf was CHANGED from a mage/swordsman to a blunt, projectile-less heavyweight. He had LESS of a chance than Krystal.

On cuts...I believe that only FIVE characters would be cut, tops. The two third parties COULD be cycled out for two more...Toon Link could be cycled out for a different Link...Ike could be cycled out for any new Fire Emblem lords...Lucario could be cycled out for any new legendary that comes out.

That's not even really a CUT, that's a REPLACEMENT.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Awesome. Let's add Sora, Cloud and Master Chief, although they have a rat's *** to do with Nintendo and its history.
Don't misquote me, This has to do with smaller franchises for nintendo, Starfox and all that. Yes Star fox isn't a big franchise yet it has 3 characters which bugs a lot of people and they fell they don't deserve that many. When It really comes down to is does the franchise has suitable characters and if they are popular or not. I myself don't care if Krystal comes in or not but I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Krystal has a VERY similar frame to Zamus. She doesn't have to have used a plasma whip. And it doesn't matter if she uses telekinesis. Ganondorf never used his bare hands to throttle Link. He didn't even have to.

Ganondorf was CHANGED from a mage/swordsman to a blunt, projectile-less heavyweight. He had LESS of a chance than Krystal.

On cuts...I believe that only FIVE characters would be cut, tops. The two third parties COULD be cycled out for two more...Toon Link could be cycled out for a different Link...Ike could be cycled out for any new Fire Emblem lords...Lucario could be cycled out for any new legendary that comes out.

That's not even really a CUT, that's a REPLACEMENT.
Actually, I think Ganondorf has used his hands in Wind Waker, but I could be wrong. Also, he used some short-ranged attacks in Twilight Princess. Nonetheless, I still think making Ganondorf a Capt. Falcon was the dumbest stunt ever pulled in developing a game.

As for characters being cut, I do not see Ike getting cut because I don't see any of the original twelve or any character that has ever been a starting character will get cut. However, I do think Lucario, Toon Link, and Wolf are possibly at the greatest risk of getting cut/replaced.

Also, why should call this Spadefox's thread? Is it because he acts like he owns the place or something?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
How do I act like I own this place? Because I discuss with people in here? It says "Discussion Thread" not "Post your ideas Thread", right? <_<

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How do I act like I own this place? Because I discuss with people in here? It says "Discussion Thread" not "Post your ideas Thread", right? <_<
I'm not saying you act like you own the place. I just want to know why he suggested it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Actually, I think Ganondorf has used his hands in Wind Waker, but I could be wrong. Also, he used some short-ranged attacks in Twilight Princess. Nonetheless, I still think making Ganondorf a Capt. Falcon was the dumbest stunt ever pulled in developing a game.
He picked up Link (by the arm, but it otherwise actually isn't too dissimilar from his choke) to extract the Triforce of Courage from him and slapped Zelda upside the head, but that's the extent of his physical fighting in Wind Waker. Those were cinematic parts, anyway. All the actual fighting was done against him weilding a sword in each hand.

Not trying to start anything. Just getting the facts of the situation out there, since you brought up Wind Waker.

EDIT: Lol, Fil. I only got. . .like, 400 to go. And I'm one of the closest to your post count in this thread. :laugh:

majora_787

Smash Hero
1. Exactly, one cinematic pick-up-by-the-neck moment. That doesn't mean Ganondorf learned the Falcon Punch from C. Falcon.

2. It's a compliment to Spadefox's usual ability in debate.

3. I never said Ike would be cut deffinatly. I just said that if a new game came out, Lucario and Ike would be cycled out for someone newer. We can't say it is impossible, I mean...Roy was an advertisement. Wolf isn't at a risk of getting cut, really. I mean, he's Starfox's antagonist, and probably their last rep. Toon Link, on the other hand, could very well just be uncloned instead of cycled out. I heard there is a new LoZ game planned to come out in the next year or so.

4. It's SamuraiPanda's thread technically, isn't it? :laugh: Ah, I don't think we should start THAT argument. The Ridley debates are always less complicated than that.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
as far as characters go....

i feel like some assist trophies should be made into characters. mainly Isaac, Samauri goroh, saki, and little mac.

mewtwo should be brought back, and he should actually be good with a new moveset

ganon should not be a clone of c. falcon

combine toon link and link to make middle ground link that blends a better balance of speed, arials, recovery, and power. and no gale boomerang.

Ridley should of been in brawl. he better be in SSB4.

id like to see rash from battletoads...lol.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
as far as characters go....

i feel like some assist trophies should be made into characters. mainly Isaac, Samauri goroh, saki, and little mac.

mewtwo should be brought back, and he should actually be good with a new moveset

ganon should not be a clone of c. falcon

combine toon link and link to make middle ground link that blends a better balance of speed, arials, recovery, and power. and no gale boomerang.

Ridley should of been in brawl. he better be in SSB4.

id like to see rash from battletoads...lol.
1)ill' adress at the end of this post

2)Mewtwo I agree should be brought back and probably will, simply because sakurai had to chose to either keep jiggz or Mew2, given sakurai waited 3 smash games to put pit in, and waited 2 to put lucas in, it isn't unfathomable to think he'd wait to put mewtwo back in. Less we forget Sakurai wanted him in ssb64, but waited till melee to put him in, he very well could be back in SSB4

3)I know ehh, if it doesn't happen this time i will be seriously pissed.

4) I like the idea of link actually being good for once, combining speed and strength would help, but i doubt they'd drop the second link. If anyone follows TLOZ series they know the timeline in games is split, in brawl both sides of that timeline are represented, Link represents the Child Timeline, and Toon Link represnts the Adult timeline.(OoT created the split, just so you know)

5) At first i liked the idea of ridley in SSB4, but now im starting to think he shouldn't be.The thing that gets me is just how workable he is. Every time you encounter him he is in a flying stance. How could they make this without it looking stupid or just awkward. Plus the size, despite what people think, is a problem. Samus is suppose to be well shorter than ridley. Even if you make him the largest char in the game. samus would still be as tall as him, look at samus compared to bowser in brawl. It would look just wrong if ridley and samus are the same size. I believe Dark Samus is the most reasonable metroid character to be introduced. And if they want to maybe alliviate the pain of not having ridley, they could throw in a fan service character like rundus, or sylux.

1-- I agree that Issac should be a character included, the others you mention im not so sure about. But most of the topic in here is about krystal, dixie, k.rool, and ridley, i'd like to know if Issac truly has a sot of being in SSB4. I believe he should be.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
We might as well say it's yours, Chief Mendez's, and mine since we post the most in here.
Not for long! I get more than half my posts from here. BestNessn00b, your thoughts look good, but I disagree about Ridley... while it's true that he might be awkward if handled incorrectly, he is the most important character in the Metroid series other than Samus.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
5) At first i liked the idea of ridley in SSB4, but now im starting to think he shouldn't be.The thing that gets me is just how workable he is. Every time you encounter him he is in a flying stance. How could they make this without it looking stupid or just awkward. Plus the size, despite what people think, is a problem. Samus is suppose to be well shorter than ridley. Even if you make him the largest char in the game. samus would still be as tall as him, look at samus compared to bowser in brawl. It would look just wrong if ridley and samus are the same size. I believe Dark Samus is the most reasonable metroid character to be introduced. And if they want to maybe alliviate the pain of not having ridley, they could throw in a fan service character like rundus, or sylux.
Thanks to these two photos, the entire arguement has been resolved. Thank you, dragonscythe:

As for Samus being shorter then Ridley in the Metroid games, that doesn't mean squat since we have all the following:

1. Final Smash that don't come from the actual games.
2. ZA WEEGEE
3. Instead of Ness and Lucas, we have Naula and Lucatora.
4. All of Capt. Falcon's moves are made up.
5. Samus fires blue laser balls and sucks.
6. Rest can actually do damage.
7. R.O.B. is a playable character.
and last but not least
8. Ganondorf is a freakin' clone of Capt. Falcon.

There have been so many liberties taken that it would only add to the major list of inaccuracies in the Smash series.

Sakurai didn't even know of Krystal before the creation of Brawl. Just throwing that out there.
To me, this is the only reason why Wolf got in over Krystal. Just saying.

Mezerian

Smash Cadet
(New to this thread. I'm assuming most of it is which character is/isn't gonna be playable and why?
I'll lurk for a few days, then I'll start posting. <3 yall.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom