• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wonder if the next Smash game will start production sooner rather than later? I mean there was a seven year gap between Melee and Brawl, yet only a couple of years separated the first two games. Sakurai told ONM UK that there were loads of ideas (and characters) he wanted to include in Brawl, so depending on how bothered he is about making his ideal SSB we might just hear something within a couple of years. Could we even see a second Wii Smash Brothers? Depends on the console's lifespan, I suppose.

I'm not unhappy with Brawl or anything, but it would be a shame if we had another huge gap between releases, and the hype and build-up to a Smash Brothers game is always rather fun. :chuckle:
This could go either two ways: Sakurai is so proud of the game he makes that he waits a long time to start SSB4, if at all. Or, he could be bothered by these ideas and start. We'll have to see. I doubt the Wii will last a whole lot longer, although it is fairly successful right now.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I have a doubt. I'd like to discuss a Super Smash Bros. game on the DS or other Nintendo handheld, including characters, gameplay, stages, etc., but am not sure if it would belong in a completely new thread unto itself.

But if SSB:DS happens to be SSB4, then it would belong in this thread. But I digress:

SSB:DS
WHAT TO DISCUSS:
What can "DS" stand for?
Should characters and their movesets be ONLY from handhelds (Mario not from Sunshine/Galaxy, but from New Super Mario Bros. or other handheld Mario game)?
What new characters, then, should be in the handheld SSB?
What changes to the current characters and their movesets should take place?
What gameplay additions can be added given that now each player has his own screen?
With 2 screens, a touch screen, and microphone (and camera), what other gameplay additions can be made?

If it were my game, I'd make sure to only include characters that have appeared in Nintendo handheld games from Game & Watch to Gameboy to VirtualBoy to the DS. Characters, like DK and Mario, and their movesets would be based only on their handheld games. As such, Olimar, Sheik, and Ice Climbers might be excluded, while characters such as Link, Ganondorf, DK might go through some drastic changes (no adult Link on handhelds, for example).

Who would I pick as new challengers?
Isaac from the Golden Sun series
Jill in the Drill Dozer from Drill Dozer
Andy and Sami from the Advance Wars series
Fusion Samus from Metroid Fusion
Ray MK II from Custom Robo Arena
Starfy from the Starfy series
The Elite Beat Agents from Elite Beat Agents
Chibi Robo from Chibi Robo: Park Patrol
Tingle from Tingle's Balloon Fight
Tom Nook!
New Pokemon
Soma Cruz from Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow (not Nintendo -_-)

As for gameplay, some nifty additions can be made since it's on a handheld. True invisibility can be granted be items or special attacks. Items or certain specials (such as specials from psychic Pokemon) could have a confusion effect where other players see completely different things from what's actually happening. The camera can now take more priority on your own position if necessary (especially on large stages). You can now pick your characters secretly. What else? Hide your damage/stats during gameplay.

With the DS hardware, I can imagine using one of the screens with a completely zoomed out view with stats, while the other screen is pure gameplay with no HUD. Picking up a Poke Ball might actually give you a choce on the touch screen as to which pokemon you choose. In fact, items should make full use the bottom screen. Some items can have settings on the lower screen, for other items you can "trace" their path along the stage, or you might be able to call airstrikes (Advance Wars) on select locations with the touch screen.

Discuss! I demand it!

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I have a doubt. I'd like to discuss a Super Smash Bros. game on the DS or other Nintendo handheld, including characters, gameplay, stages, etc., but am not sure if it would belong in a completely new thread unto itself. But if SSB:DS happens to be SSB4, then it would belong in this thread. But I digress:
Oh no, you're fine. I think that SSBDS would count as SSB4 regardless.

SSB:DS
WHAT TO DISCUSS:
What can "DS" stand for?
Double Screen. Or if you mean as the title... umm... Super Smash Bros Dual Smash?

Should characters and their movesets be ONLY from handhelds (Mario not from Sunshine/Galaxy, but from New Super Mario Bros. or other handheld Mario game)?
No. By that argument, console games would not represent handhelds. A DS smash would be just a new way of doing Smash, not a new series.

What new characters, then, should be in the handheld SSB?
King K. Rool, Ridley, Paper Mario and the like. The same characters who deserve a spot in a console Smash game.

What changes to the current characters and their movesets should take place?
Decloning?

What gameplay additions can be added given that now each player has his own screen?
Perhaps new items, like an item that displays extra statistics about opponents.

With 2 screens, a touch screen, and microphone (and camera), what other gameplay additions can be made?
Playing in two matches at once? :p How about showing, say, win-loss records and such information about human opponents in Wi-Fi?

If it were my game, I'd make sure to only include characters that have appeared in Nintendo handheld games from Game & Watch to Gameboy to VirtualBoy to the DS. Characters, like DK and Mario, and their movesets would be based only on their handheld games. As such, Olimar, Sheik, and Ice Climbers might be excluded, while characters such as Link, Ganondorf, DK might go through some drastic changes (no adult Link on handhelds, for example).
I disagree. Smash for the DS would still be SSB4 and still would require the same characters.

Who would I pick as new challengers?
Isaac from the Golden Sun series
Jill in the Drill Dozer from Drill Dozer
Andy and Sami from the Advance Wars series
Fusion Samus from Metroid Fusion
Ray MK II from Custom Robo Arena
Starfy from the Starfy series
The Elite Beat Agents from Elite Beat Agents
Chibi Robo from Chibi Robo: Park Patrol
Tingle from Tingle's Balloon Fight
Tom Nook!
New Pokemon
Soma Cruz from Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow (not Nintendo -_-)
This might be a good roster for handhelds, but other candidates need in as well.

As for gameplay, some nifty additions can be made since it's on a handheld. True invisibility can be granted be items or special attacks. Items or certain specials (such as specials from psychic Pokemon) could have a confusion effect where other players see completely different things from what's actually happening. The camera can now take more priority on your own position if necessary (especially on large stages). You can now pick your characters secretly. What else? Hide your damage/stats during gameplay.
Huh, that's a fun idea. Those things would probably be turned off in tournaments, though.

With the DS hardware, I can imagine using one of the screens with a completely zoomed out view with stats, while the other screen is pure gameplay with no HUD. Picking up a Poke Ball might actually give you a choce on the touch screen as to which pokemon you choose. In fact, items should make full use the bottom screen. Some items can have settings on the lower screen, for other items you can "trace" their path along the stage, or you might be able to call airstrikes (Advance Wars) on select locations with the touch screen.
That would be pretty fun. But then we would never see Goldeen! :(

I honestly think that there isn't much to discuss about SSB4 for DS that isn't discussed about SSB4 for a console other then some new moves and items. It would be fun to play Smash wherever you want, though.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
if u didnt know sakurai is busy with prodject sora ands only been 2-3 months since its started and is relese date is 2011 so yah so ssb4 wont be on till long time
unless appointed new director due to high demend
also sakurai dousnt want to do any thing with the touch generation tech
so ull have to wait on the homebrew ssb rumble

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I actually posted a roster for a SSB DS game before. Here I go...

Veterans
Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Wario
Pit
Pikmin & Olimar
R.O.B.

NEW!!
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Stafy (Legend of Stafy)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Ray-MK (Custom Robo)
Elite Beat Agent

23 Characters

majora_787

Smash Hero
I had an idea for projectile aiming in SSB DS. Example: Fox's laser would shoot in the direction you tap the stylus in. I know that would be CHEAP sort of, but...it would give characters like Link, Samus and the starfox gang new possibilities.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I have to say no to the DS. Most people refuse to even play with the wiimote/wiimote+nunchuk. The DS has even less buttons, and besides. Think of how much memory was needed for brawl. I doubt that it would work for DS. It would be a lot more shallow and get rid of many things.

If we just wait for the next Console, which is said to be released 2010-2013, it will have more memory, the possibility of even better graphics. A more advanced controller (with preferably a few more buttons and less awkward than a sideways wiimote) and who knows what else. With the DS we're limited, with a new console we have a lot more possibilities.

Besides, the DS version probably would have been done before the wii. It came out before the wii yet it never got a version of brawl.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
The DS has considerably more (accessible) buttons than either the Wiimote and Wiimote+Nunchuck. Control wise, I'd be comfortable if smashes were activated with D-Pad+A at the same time, and delaying the A press by 2 frames would instead make a tilt. Double-tapping for dashes and fastfalls. Players can adjust to the lack of a C-Stick.

I don't beleive SSB:DS should be SSB4, but more of a side game the way GTA:CW is to GTA. Specialized for the handheld. And as such, to have its own identity and not be considered a watered-down SSB, it should concentrate on the strenghts of the handheld and on handheld characters only.

I don't NEED more characters/stages/features and higher production values than SSBB like a sequel would have; I just want a quick and dirty handheld SSB with some sweet WiFi gameplay. I can wait for SSB4... just gimme some SSB:DS to hold me off for now. Just as Rockstar North worked on GTA4 while Rockstar Leeds worked on handheld GTAs (Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, and Chinatown Wars), a different house could just as easily work on SSB:DS during the development of SSB4 for a console. It doesn't have to be a replacement for SSB4, and Sakurai doesn't have to work on the handheld version.

All I'm saying is... don't shoot down that idea for those reasons.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Oh, sorry. I guess I misunderstood. I though you meant you wanted a real Smash on the DS. Not just a little game to shorten the wait between SSBB and SSB4. If that's what you mean, that would be okay with me.

On the wiimote I forgot how little buttons are on their. But i know the wii nunchuk has more. It has the D-pad for smashes grabs or whatever you want.

As for using the touch screen, I don't think it would happen, just because of the same reason there isn't motion sensitivity in Brawl.

I still disagree with having a full Smash on the DS, but a filler would be perfectly ok with me. Sorry about the mistake.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
you know what would be a nice addition for SSB4, is a rematch option after a fight. so after a fight is over, you either have the choice to just play another match on the same map with the sam characters, or you can keep the characters but change the stage, or just go back to character select and start over.

it may sound "lazy", but it is kind of convenient to pass up short loading times and such.

i also want more stats and awards at the end of each round. these existed in melee and i liked them a lot, they didnt add much to the game (other than a points battle mode which was relatively stupid) but i enjoyed looking through them after a match.

and on the subject of awards, it would be cool if they turned them into like stickers that acted kind of like medals from the halo (not a microsoft fanboy, i only own a wii) series, and there was a more in depth profile that kept track of all these things and being able to edit saved films and make highlight clips and save them to individual profiles. basically, a more customizable and more in depth profile that kept track of things like spikes with certain characters, 3 stocks, longest combos (if combos exist in SSB4), etc. would be awesome.

that would add extra features that i think people would actually use.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
For the rematch option, you wouldn't save much time, if any at all. The Wii keeps the previous data loaded, so if you keep everything the same, there's hardly any loading at all in the first place.

n88

Smash Lord
For the rematch option, you wouldn't save much time, if any at all. The Wii keeps the previous data loaded, so if you keep everything the same, there's hardly any loading at all in the first place.
Very true.

A moore in-depth profile with more stats would be nice, but seems unlikely, because it sounds like something connected to some kind of halfway decent online mode. Well, the profiles wouldn't necessarily be online, but it would make more sense.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
The DS has considerably more (accessible) buttons than either the Wiimote and Wiimote+Nunchuck. Control wise, I'd be comfortable if smashes were activated with D-Pad+A at the same time, and delaying the A press by 2 frames would instead make a tilt. Double-tapping for dashes and fastfalls. Players can adjust to the lack of a C-Stick.

I don't beleive SSB:DS should be SSB4, but more of a side game the way GTA:CW is to GTA. Specialized for the handheld. And as such, to have its own identity and not be considered a watered-down SSB, it should concentrate on the strenghts of the handheld and on handheld characters only.

I don't NEED more characters/stages/features and higher production values than SSBB like a sequel would have; I just want a quick and dirty handheld SSB with some sweet WiFi gameplay. I can wait for SSB4... just gimme some SSB:DS to hold me off for now. Just as Rockstar North worked on GTA4 while Rockstar Leeds worked on handheld GTAs (Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, and Chinatown Wars), a different house could just as easily work on SSB:DS during the development of SSB4 for a console. It doesn't have to be a replacement for SSB4, and Sakurai doesn't have to work on the handheld version.

All I'm saying is... don't shoot down that idea for those reasons.

But really, I see what you're saying now. However, I think most people would rather have SSB4 for a console sooner then slowing down its production with a SSSBDS.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
like i said ssb ds is a good idea but sakurai has no intrest in touch generation
I highly doubt, if a DS Smash game were ever made, that Sakurai would even be involved. Nintendo can have anyone make a new Smash game, for the DS or any system. If Sakurai is to do another SSB, Nintendo would get him for a big 4th game, but any team could pull off a DS title.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I would like to have the battle points system back. It was actually surprisingly fun trying to win without jumping or even moving. Along with that I would like to have a mode where every missed move hurts you instead, as a memory of pichu, and a way so people stop spamming lasers and stuff.

The replay option, would be okay, not exactley that important though. It might save maybe a second or two, just because of repicking the stage and stuff. But it wouldn't cut down load time.

One of the things I really want is to have more playable slots allowed in tournament mode. Why do they give you space for 64 people, when you can only play in four of the slots. It really makes no sense, because people will skip the computer matches, and only 4 battles per person can be played. Possibility of 16 playable matches against 64 matches. And it can work, there is already a special mode allowing people to trade controllers.

Maybe add to that getting to see the three winners on a stand holding medals/trophies.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
At work I was thinking about all the little things I want for SSB4. Here I go...

1: Taunt comments in any mode, not just online. How do you make taunts more insulting/annoying? Customizable taunts. This was a fantastic little add-on that we sadly can only us on crappy online Brawl.

2: The bonuses from Melee, like Mythic02 said.

3: Endings. Comical, serious, exaggerated, homage, whatever. Individual endings for each character. Please.

4: The random chance that an enemy from Adventure Mode will appear from within an item crate/barrel/party ball like in Melee.

5: Create-A-Stage for Adventure Mode.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
Actually there is a smash style fighter for the DS.

SSB:Clash is a homebrew game still in development, the programmer is a personal friend of mine and we are advancing quite fast, there is a thread here in the workshop where you can download the most important tests we have released so far. We have a forum also(click my sig).

If you would like to help in any way feel free to join us by posting in the tread or joining our forum

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
ssb clash so u guys r in a competiton with ssb rumble im guessing but i do think u for spaming the formum with an irelivant subject

btw ssb4 wont be for a while unless sakurai can multitask very well at a good rate
but if that happens nintendo wouldve givven away to much money

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Actually there is a smash style fighter for the DS.

SSB:Clash is a homebrew game still in development, the programmer is a personal friend of mine and we are advancing quite fast, there is a thread here in the workshop where you can download the most important tests we have released so far. We have a forum also(click my sig).

If you would like to help in any way feel free to join us by posting in the tread or joining our forum
Yes, and it has crap for characters. Just saying.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I'm not fond of 3rd party characters in my Smash alphabet soup. Even 1:9 is way too many for my tastes, and I pretty much believe it should be a case-by-case basis. Snake is way too popular in Brawl not to be included in SSB4. Other than that, I can only see Bomberman from Hudson and Megaman from Capcom as good candidates. Maybe Geno from Square because of fan support. In a hypothetical 40 character roster and excluding Sonic, that'd already be 1:10 right there... way too much for me.

If for some horrible reason, such as licensing issues, Snake cannot be in SSB4... I would gladly accept Sami as his replacement.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, I think if Snake gets the boot, an Advance Wars character probably will take his moveset. I'd rather have Ed or Andy over Sami, tho. :p

Serph

Smash Journeyman
This could go either two ways: Sakurai is so proud of the game he makes that he waits a long time to start SSB4, if at all. Or, he could be bothered by these ideas and start. We'll have to see. I doubt the Wii will last a whole lot longer, although it is fairly successful right now.
It could last longer than you think. Just look at what Nintendo are doing with the DS right now. The announcement regarding DSi-exclusive cartridges pretty much confirms the fact that the DSi is the "DS2 in waiting". The DS will probably go on for another year or so anyway, by which time the Lite will have been phased-out and the DSi will be the only model available. Then the DSi-exclusive games arrive, and hey-presto. Nintendo have completed the stealth launch of a new handheld.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something similar with the Wii. A newer model with things like motion plus as standard, for example.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Yeah, the third parties shouldn't have a specific "limit" besides just not a lot of them. Maybe one or two more franchises and maybe another rep for Konami and Sega. But no more than that, as that's already quite a few.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Top 10 Characters Who Should Be In The Next Smash Bros. Game

10.GENO(SUPER MARIO RPG)
-Geno is a toy. Why wouldn't you want to play as a toy. Toys are fun. I can only assume that they're even more fun when they're possessed by the spirits of legendary warriors(Or whatever it is that Geno's possessed by).

09.DUCK HUNT DOG(DUCK HUNT)
-Everyone has found memories of playing Duck Hunt, everyone has gone back and tried to play it again at some point only to realize that it sucks and the only reason they ever thought it was good was because they were a stupid kid, and everyone has been laughed at by that stupid dog. It doesn't even make any sense. The dog is supposed to be your hunting companion. Why would he laugh at your failure? Doc Lewis doesn't laugh at you for getting knocked out in Punch Out. Dr. Light doesn't laugh at you for dying in Mega Man. Why is that dog such an *******? He should be a playable character just so you can smash his face in. Then we'll see who's laughing.

08.RIDLEY(METROID)
-I could name several reasons why Ridley should be a playable character, but I only have to name one. He's a pterodactyl dragon space pirate, which is the coolest thing that anyone could ever be. Considering the fact that Metroid is one of Nintendo's most popular IPs right now, it only makes sense that they should use more Metroid characters than just Samus and Samus in a different outfit.

07.K. ROOL(DONKEY KONG)
-The best part about K. Rool is his apparent split personality disorder. In the original Donkey Kong Country he's a king, then in DKC2 he's a pirate, then in DKC3 he's a mad scientist, and finally in DK64 he's a boxer. You can't just go directly from being a king to being a boxer. That would be crazy. You have to be a pirate and a mad scientist in between. How come no one ever bothers explaining these random job changes? Also, how does he convince all of his minions to go along with these random theme changes? Does he just show up one day and say "Guess what, everyone! We're going to be pirates now!" I mostly want him in Smash Bros. to see what he's going to be next. I'm guessing corrupt politician or astronaut.

06.BLASTOISE(POKEMON)
-Blastoise is the best Pokemon. The Blue version of Pokemon was clearly superior to the Red version because it had Blastoise on the box art and on the front of the cartridge. It didn't matter that you could still get him in the Red version, in the Blue version you could get him plus have him on the box art and cartridge. Blastoise should be in the next Smash Bros. game, and he should also be on the box art.

05.SCROOGE McDUCK(DUCK TALES)
-This probably can't happen, since Scrooge McDuck isn't technically a video game character, but Duck Tales on NES was awesome(and also the first game I ever remember beating on my own). Scrooge probably has the money to buy himself into the next Smash game if he really wants to be in it.

04.BIG DADDY(BIOSHOCK)
-I remember the creator of the original BioShock saying in an interview that he was a fan of Super Smash Bros. How awesome would it be to play as a Big Daddy in Smash Bros? They could also add a Rapture stage, and a new plasmid item that would give you different abilities each time you picked it up. The only problem is there would probably have to be a BioShock game on a Nintendo console before Nintendo would actually use Big Daddy in one of there games. That's okay, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we hear about the BioShock rail shooter coming to Wii.

03.CHUN-LI(STREET FIGHTER)
Everyone says there should be more female characters in Smash, and if you're going to add one it should be the one that invented female fighting game characters. Nobody wants Krystal except for furries, and no one cares what they think anyway.

02.MEGA MAN(MEGA MAN)
-I don't really know what to say about Mega Man. Just put him in Smash Bros. already, Nintendo. What's wrong with you?

01.CRANKY KONG(DONKEY KONG)
-Cranky Kong is the greatest video game hero of all time, according to himself. In his day, he could complete any game in less than an hour on just one life. Cranky Kong was the original Donkey Kong, so he arguably is the greatest video game character of all time. The original Donkey Kong game is definitely one of the most famous games of all time. It's time for Cranky to come out of retirement and show all the whipper snappers who's boss. He could pull off smash attacks using his cane.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
There are some good ideas there, but why Blastoise? Cranky Kong? Geno? It should look more like this:

10. Megaman
He's at 10 because he is third party and not quite as important as first parties, but Megaman is still important to Nintendo and has a long, popular and storied history with Nintendo. The best third party option for SSB4.

9. Stafy
The protagonist of a series popular in Japan and about to get a US game, Stafy is a new character and a wonderful character option for SSB4.

8. Tingle
He isn't as popular out of Japan, but Tingle has enormous popularity in Japan and now has his own series. Don't kill me, but Tingle is awesome and should be in.

7. Tom Nook
I would honestly prefer Animal Crosser, but Tom Nook is more popular. Anyway, whether or not Animal Crossing is conducive to a fighting game, it is popular and deserves representation.

6. Little Mac
Would be an excellent retro character, and he will gain more popularity when his Wii game comes out.

5. Bowser Jr.
The up-and-coming Mario series character, Bowser Jr., while he occasionally lacks in popularity, is really here to stay in the Mario series.

4. Paper Mario
He has his own series with three games and great popularity. If you don't support Paper Mario for SSB4, then you are unintelligent and your opinion is invalid.

3. Black Shadow
F-Zero needs reps and Black Shadow is the most popular option.

2. King K. Rool
King K. Rool, the main anntagonist of nearly all Donkey Kong games, has games, potential and popularity.

1. Ridley
Samus has a rivalry with Ridley that stretches back to the very beginning when Ridley killed Samus's parents. From then on, Samus and Ridley have fought in nearly every game. Ridley really should have been in Brawl, annd he should really be in SSB4.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
no offence but having tingle is like having criple mario in a midlife crisis wearing spandix

snake gat in cuz the creator is frds with sakurai
i beleive more 3 rd party characters should be in as long as the ratio is leveled
u have to admit nintendo isnt big on fighting games

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
How does being a "criple mario in a midlife crisis wearing spandix" have any bearing on your potential for Smash?

n88

Smash Lord
no offence but having tingle is like having criple mario in a midlife crisis wearing spandix
So?

Never say any character couldn't make it in because of how strange they are. Mario is a plumber who lives in a kingdom with a human population of about 4, where he repeatedly rescues a princess by jumping on turtles. Sonic is a giant blue anthromorphic hedghehog who runs really fast. I could go on.

Or if you were trying to say that we shouldn't have aTingle in because he's stupid, then I disagree. He's just utterly bizarre.

Wizzerd has the best top 10 list, although I had to laugh at freeman's.

CVaJJ

Smash Rookie
I sort of liked some of that roster.

Newcomers
Geno:
He's wanted.

Traits: Rainbow Bright gayness

Issac:
Despite the lack of games this franchise has released, it's still super popular, even with X amount of years it's been gone. Golden Sun was Nintendo's decent true RPG that they have or had for a while.

Traits: Sword wielding magician with psynergy.

King K. Rool:
He's been popping in and out of Mario spin-off titles, and is Donkey Kong's arch nemesis. May not be as popular as characters like Dedede and Bowser, but still a prominent role in Donkey Kong games. Character would be unique-- like having a built-in reflector with this golden chest do deflect energy based projectiles.

Traits: Deflecting armored chest, hyper armor, crown, cannon balls

Krystal:
I know she's equally important to characters like Leon, but she has ****. Enough said. She also had the starring role in Dinosaur Planet. Game wasn't as bad as most claim it to be, and I would envision her moveset deriving from that, which is fresh, since all of the other StarFox casts share the same special moves in a way.

Traits: Staff's magic

Little Mac (or any other Punch-out representative)
A boxer in a fighting game would make perfect sense. The franchise needed a little rekindling, which is getting exactly what it needs now

Traits: Fighting with boxing gloves

Ray MKII:
Personal opinion-- but it seems that a fighting robot would be wise to add to a fighting game. Nintendo's only flagship Armored Core, Front Mission type of game.

Traits: Arsenal of projectiles, jet pack

Tingle:
I realized Midna would have been an awesome addition, but despite having a lead role in Twilight Princess, Tingle seems to be around a lot more often and is more popular than her and seems to be sticking around more than one title. He'd be Legend of Zelda's Luigi archetype of character. He has a lot of traits that would distinguish him a lot different than the typical semi-clone/clone of Link like a balloon acting like Snake's cipher.

Traits: Balloon, bombing, magic

Veterans
Mewtwo:
He only needed buffs. Still different enough from it's spiritual successor to be different with buffs.

Third Parties
Cloud:
If Square offers a real character for their representation in Smash, Black Mage, Chocobo, etc, seem to generic. Cloud is by far the most popular character in the franchise, despite how much I think the game was overrated. Cloud vs. Geno-- Geno isn't a real representation of what Square is, since most declare it as a Mario character. Geno would probably be added on as a first-party addition.

Traits: Buster Sword, Final Fantasy magic

Megaman:
Inafune (creator of Megaman) already declared his acceptance of wanting Megaman to participate. Megaman is the king of kings when it comes to cross-overs for Capcom games.

Traits: Buster cannon, shape-shifting weapons

Yoda:
Judge this. I think it would be awesome and ground-breaking for the series to go past third-party games and add a cinema blockbusting legend like Yoda. Would most likely attract over half of the geekdome community of Star Wars fans.

Traits: The Force, Light Saber

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
@ Freeman: Cranky kong (though he is awesome) has no chance. We have squirtle so, i doubt blastoise will be in. Megaman, K. Rool, and Ridley are the only people on the roster who have a chance.

@Wizzerd: I hate Tingle. That aside he has a really good chance of making it in. I say flip Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario. And megaman has a better chance than stafy. The only person I'm not sure deserves to be on there is Animal Crosser. Everyone else on that list deserves it. Pretty good list even though i disagree with the order.

We're running out of discussion ideas so i vote to relook and a previous discussion that got maybe one page worth of discussion.

Character Buffs/Nerfs:
-Yoshi, Side B no longer makes him helpless, Up- B can be aimed at himself so he shoots upwards and then goes helpless.

-Mario, IMprove him in every stat overall, If cape is held he starts gliding like in the game.

-Metaknight, just lower his priority. A lot.

-Captain falcon, Less starting lag and more priority.

Pikamari

Smash Rookie
I think there should be more taunt comments
You should be able to set words to every character's attacks, so when you kill someone with Luigi's Up B it says SHORYUKEN or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom