• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Drag0nscythe, I would like you to tell the world that these people don't want to make money. I want you to say it HONESTLY and with a STRAIGHT FACE. If gen 5 comes out, they will cycle out Lucario for the shiny new legendaries. This isn't a "Cuz of Mewtwo" thing, this is a "Cuz They Want Cash" thing.

Well, they most likely will.

And it really only applies if gen5 comes out before smash 4.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
An epic final battle in which every other bad guy is beaten by Mewtwo and Ganondorf wins by a hair. I still don't know about the death thing... why not make a dark copy(ies) of Mewtwo to make an entire army?? Why kill something that you can turn into a trophy and make pleanty of powerful, loyal copies of??
I did not like the dark copy thing. It felt cheesy and superficial. If death was allowed, the story mode would stand out, it would tear at ones heart strings and it would leave a greater impact. It would also give a stronger story.

Then have Mewtwo and Link team up on Ganondorf.

There are other evil Pokemon you know...
I know there are other pokemon. The way I see it is that Sakurai will avoid making cuts next time around. Everyone was so up in arms about it that it would be best not to bother. I see him bringing back Mewtwo out of fan response and adding in a 5th gen besides Lucario and Mewtwo.

Drag0nscythe, I would like you to tell the world that these people don't want to make money. I want you to say it HONESTLY and with a STRAIGHT FACE. If gen 5 comes out, they will cycle out Lucario for the shiny new legendaries. This isn't a "Cuz of Mewtwo" thing, this is a "Cuz They Want Cash" thing.

Well, they most likely will.

And it really only applies if gen5 comes out before smash 4.
I fail to see the transition you are making. You have no bases of why you think he will be cut except for "The next pokemon is out". This is based on the Mewtwo thing because many say Mewtwo was cut to make room for Lucario. One does not make a trend. To me, it makes more logical sense to keep him. He has a unique moveset and is very popular. They will add back mewtwo and then add in a 5th gen. I beleive the pokemon roster will look like this

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT - Char, Ivy, Squ
Mewtwo
Lucario
5th Gen

The only hope I have is taht Jiggs is replaced with a female trainer who has Jiggs, Pichu and Gardivour or if Pichu is a costume of Pikachu.

Scott!

Smash Lord
They are never going to kill anyone in a Smash adventure mode story. These are all beloved characters, even the villains. In a game that's about letting people be these characters, killing them just won't happen. The story isn't about tearing at one's heartstrings. It's smash bros. The story, like the game itself, is about an awesome coming-together of tons of Nintendo characters in an epic battle.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Pokemon is the most represented franchise currently in Smash Bros., with six (do not read as: four) playable characters. Five (read as: All but one) of those Pokemon are from the first generation (read as: the same one that Mewtwo is from). If you ask me, that significantly decreases Mewtwo's chances of making it back in. We've got our first generation represented well enough. They got an extra boost from FireRed and LeafGreen being released, but the spotlight come next Smash will be on another generation. Even now, the spotlight is on the fourth generation and the second (thanks to HeartGold and SoulSilver being announced).

Pokemon is likely to continue to grow in terms of reps. Heck, we've increased Pokemon's playable characters by two every game so far. I, personally, don't think Lucario will be cut (though he's definitely the most likely character from the current roster). If we follow that pattern, two more characters would have to be added, assuming there are no cuts. A Pokemon from the newest generation is a given. The second will likely either go to another Pokemon from the newest generation, or to a Pokemon from the current revived generation (speaking of games like FireRed, HeartGold, etc.). That's the way I see things going, at least.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
They are never going to kill anyone in a Smash adventure mode story. These are all beloved characters, even the villains. In a game that's about letting people be these characters, killing them just won't happen. The story isn't about tearing at one's heartstrings. It's smash bros. The story, like the game itself, is about an awesome coming-together of tons of Nintendo characters in an epic battle.
Which is why it will never make it above poorly written fan fiction and what people up with when playing with their action figures. Have you seen most of the comments about the games story? Many complained about the characters not talking and how lame it was. A darker tone would take it out of realm of just being a nice little niche idea to a full blown entity to be reckoned with.

NNID
Budget_Player
I worry that they will cut Snake. Would piss me off; Snake is awesome. Then again, if the fans clamor for snake hard enough, it would put (insert name of creator of MGS here) in a position where he has SSB by the balls-franchising can be ****ing expensive.

I actually really would love to see DLC, just not chars... Bugfixes, patches, buffs/cuts for balance at the very most (and this would be hard to do with the tournament scene), but downloadable chars is a step too far for a game like brawl, IMO. (Unless it's roy. Then we're good. :V)

Can anyone confirm Brawl 4 coming out though?

rockem7

Smash Ace
Although I was extremely happy at the announcement of HeartGold and SoulSilver, I don't think that they should add a PT or pokemon from that generation.
I think that if Mewtwo makes it back, and if Lucario also stays, that they should change Mewtwo's moveset a little bit.

In the case that Mewtwo isn't brought back, or if Lucario is cut, I think that a 5th generation legendary should be a must.

And...Although I rarely use them, I don't think that Ice Climbers should go. >.<

mskusu

Smash Cadet
In the case that Mewtwo isn't brought back, or if Lucario is cut, I think that a 5th generation legendary should be a must.
Ugh, as long as it's not anything like Arceus.

Standard B - Wipes all opponents out of existence.
Up B - Jumps. Upon landing, splits the universe in half.
Side B - Creates a new universe in the opponent's small intestine.
Down B - Recreates the universe.
Final Smash - Destroys the television and bricks the console. Anyone holding a controller dies.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Eff Mewtwo and Lucario, they're both great, and Mewtwo DESERVES a chance since his moveset was completely original, thought he lacked power, Lucario has his ups and downs too, BUT, Mewtwo is far MORE popular than Lucario, and getting Mewtwo back in would give them more cash than Lucario.

Also ,arguing about it is pointless, everyone knows Mewtwo have more chances, what I'm still trying to figure out is..Why was there no Megaman? he's a must!

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I want back in.

My text in yellow.
@ your DS comment.

Done the right way there would be PLEANTY to make Samus and Dark Samus different characters. Have you even played the Metroid Prime trilogy??

I know there are other pokemon. The way I see it is that Sakurai will avoid making cuts next time around. Everyone was so up in arms about it that it would be best not to bother. I see him bringing back Mewtwo out of fan response and adding in a 5th gen besides Lucario and Mewtwo.

I fail to see the transition you are making. You have no bases of why you think he will be cut except for "The next pokemon is out". This is based on the Mewtwo thing because many say Mewtwo was cut to make room for Lucario. One does not make a trend. To me, it makes more logical sense to keep him. He has a unique moveset and is very popular. They will add back mewtwo and then add in a 5th gen. I beleive the pokemon roster will look like this

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT - Char, Ivy, Squ
Mewtwo
Lucario
5th Gen

The only hope I have is that Jiggs is replaced with a female trainer who has Jiggs, Pichu and Gardivour or if Pichu is a costume of Pikachu.
Mewtwo was dropped to make room for Sonic actually.

I like the idea of Jigglypuff and Pichu coming back under a PT...

You sir are right...

Pokemon is the most represented franchise currently in Smash Bros., with six (do not read as: four) playable characters. Five (read as: All but one) of those Pokemon are from the first generation (read as: the same one that Mewtwo is from). If you ask me, that significantly decreases Mewtwo's chances of making it back in. We've got our first generation represented well enough. They got an extra boost from FireRed and LeafGreen being released, but the spotlight come next Smash will be on another generation. Even now, the spotlight is on the fourth generation and the second (thanks to HeartGold and SoulSilver being announced).

Pokemon is likely to continue to grow in terms of reps. Heck, we've increased Pokemon's playable characters by two every game so far. I, personally, don't think Lucario will be cut (though he's definitely the most likely character from the current roster). If we follow that pattern, two more characters would have to be added, assuming there are no cuts. A Pokemon from the newest generation is a given. The second will likely either go to another Pokemon from the newest generation, or to a Pokemon from the current revived generation (speaking of games like FireRed, HeartGold, etc.). That's the way I see things going, at least.
What with the fan outcry, Mewtwo will be back. DDD was supposed to be in Melee. Heck, he was one of the most wanted for Melee. But he made it in Brawl. Dixie was supposed to be in Brawl. But she didn't make it.

As for Mewtwo, it isn't about rep... it's about popularity, and only Pikachu and Charizard are more popular than Mewtwo for 1st gens.

Although I was extremely happy at the announcement of HeartGold and SoulSilver, I don't think that they should add a PT or pokemon from that generation.
I think that if Mewtwo makes it back, and if Lucario also stays, that they should change Mewtwo's moveset a little bit.
I hope that you aren't saying that thinking that lucario is Mewtwo's clone... cause he's not

Ugh, as long as it's not anything like Arceus.

Standard B - Wipes all opponents out of existence.
Up B - Jumps. Upon landing, splits the universe in half.
Side B - Creates a new universe in the opponent's small intestine.
Down B - Recreates the universe.
Final Smash - Destroys the television and bricks the console. Anyone holding a controller dies.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Eff Mewtwo and Lucario, they're both great, and Mewtwo DESERVES a chance since his moveset was completely original, thought he lacked power, Lucario has his ups and downs too, BUT, Mewtwo is far MORE popular than Lucario, and getting Mewtwo back in would give them more cash than Lucario.

Also ,arguing about it is pointless, everyone knows Mewtwo have more chances, what I'm still trying to figure out is..Why was there no Megaman? he's a must!
No one asked Capcom... and Megaman's creator said that he would love for him to be in a Smash game. The Sonic frenzy overshadowed everything else.

Mewtwo was never supposed to be cut, so they'll fix that mistake in the next one... and give him a better moveset.

And as for Mewtwo lacking power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NojRn7rVacQ

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, that has never been proven. That's just a theory made by Chronobound and it mostly relies on how the roster was arranged on the selection screen.

I see two possibilities for him being cut:

1. Mewtwo was one of the last characters to be finished in Brawl. When Sonic was included, Mewtwo, and possibly Roy, was set aside until Sonic was finished. Unfortunately, there was not enough time after Sonic was finished so those two were scrapped.

2. Sakurai mentioned that he had difficulty when it came to working with the Pokemon Company. He also mentioned that some characters could not get in due to rights issues(this was commonly assumed to apply to Geno). Sometime during development, specifically before Mewtwo was finished, the PC contacted Sakurai and said they wanted Lucario in or none of the Pokemon characters would be included. Sakurai conformed to the requests, and, like the Sonic theory I mentioned, after Lucario was finished, there was no time to Mewtwo. Alternatively, the PC said no to Mewtwo and wanted Lucario in instead.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Shadowball, I wasn't saying that they are clones. I was just saying that their movesets are somewhat similar.

Also, Megaman definitely is a must. ^.^

And...mskusu, that would be Epic. XD

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was wondering. Since most people are not that big on DLC characters, what about clones instead, or should we just stick with alternate characters?

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
Yay. we can have Ridley and King K Rool be DLC characters. Hell, why not just cut half the brawl cast, add in 10 new characters and make all the rest be DLC.

No thank you. keep it to balancing only.
lol DLC doesnt just have to be characters. i was thinking more along the lines of stages and possibly items (even though i dont use them lol) and maybe even new game modes, there are a lot of options and possibilities for DLC that could add some more variety to the next game.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
in the entire mewtwo and lucario argument, sakurai only gets 25 percent of his say in which characters get in. lucario was put in for advertisment mostly. it wouldve been darkrai but he was'nt relese yet. mewtwo was not put in becase they put in characters who are recent and have a great history with pokemon.

3rd party are a must. no matter what any of u say it was a big deal. it didnt relly mess with the ballance to much.

things i want to update
stage builder
wifi
character mechanics
race to the finish
snag the trophys

things i want in
custom cloths
unlockable cloths
make your own event match

rockem7

Smash Ace
How exactly would a "make your own event match" work?

I think that unlockable costumes would be alright, but would you happen to have any examples for characters who aren't usually seen outside their normal attire?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I was wondering. Since most people are not that big on DLC characters, what about clones instead, or should we just stick with alternate characters?
I'd rather see clones then DLC characters, but DLC is fine as long as it doesn't force characters into obscurity: just with characters who barely didn't make the cut. Model swap clones I think are a nice idea, but they wouldn't necessarily need to be for every character, and clones who already exist should be decloned instead of being made into a model swap.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
How exactly would a "make your own event match" work?

I think that unlockable costumes would be alright, but would you happen to have any examples for characters who aren't usually seen outside their normal attire?
u set the event like u must beat giga bowser wit 1 life giant and with fs
well with character who r the same attire would maby change accesorys.(put marths teara to work) to be honest idk they dont get cool clothing.
examples that do. mario could be bee mario. falco with bazooka....etc

mskusu

Smash Cadet
Done the right way there would be PLEANTY to make Samus and Dark Samus different characters. Have you even played the Metroid Prime trilogy??
Done the right way, yes. Somehow I don't have much faith in the Smash team after Ganondorf, though...

Why the **** was he cloned with Captain Falcon?

I know that Dark Samus was different but IIRC her attacks were similar to Samus in the games. I know they could pull it off but I honestly would rather have more variety than that.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Oh, I gotcha. Thanks for verifying.

On a seperate note, if Lip becomes a character, (assuming she fights with the Lipstick, I know nothing about Lip, to be honest) would she then give the whole damage thing that the Lipstick does?
Because if it does have that effect, I would understand Lip as a strong cantidate for an AT.

mskusu

Smash Cadet
On a seperate note, if Lip becomes a character, (assuming she fights with the Lipstick, I know nothing about Lip, to be honest) would she then give the whole damage thing that the Lipstick does?
Because if it does have that effect, I would understand Lip as a strong cantidate for an AT.
They would have to be pretty original with Lip's moveset because she's from a puzzle game, but I don't think they'd remove the properties that the Lip's Stick has now when they gave it to her. It would probably not last as long though, or maybe only activate for certain attacks.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
what if there was an online mode where you made/leveled up a unique character through winning online ranked matches or something. like, there was a list of attributes you could choose to specilize in like attack speed, power, weight, recovery, etc. and you chose a character model based from one of the universes that the playable characters came from, and these models would have certain specializations already (kirby models would have good recover, starfox characters would generally fall faster and have some sort of projectile buff, etc).

i see this as highly unlikely, since smash brothers has nothing to do with customization, but if the custom characters could only be used on that online mode against other custom characters...

just a thought to reinvent the serries a little bit some people dont just think "oh nintendo characters fighting...cool" when ssb4 comes out. because most people dont notice many of the key differences in gameplay in all the different smash games, they just notice the bigger roster for the most part.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Big post time.

I want back in.

I like the idea of Jigglypuff and Pichu coming back under a PT...
Where did people get this information? I always wondered that. Also. YAYAYAYAY. Someone else likes my new PT idea. Most just complain that it is adding more pokemon, YAYAYAYAY

I think that alternate characters would work best.
I personally don't see a problem with DLC characters, but whatever works.
If we have to have some DLC, clones would be fine. I do not see why people want DLC anyway. It is taking parts of the game away and in the end, you only have a half product.

lol DLC doesnt just have to be characters. i was thinking more along the lines of stages and possibly items (even though i dont use them lol) and maybe even new game modes, there are a lot of options and possibilities for DLC that could add some more variety to the next game.
Which can be just as bad as DLC characters IMO. Still, Balancing DLC, New Event's DLC and maybe Clones is all I could stomach. (With the clones pushing it.)

in the entire mewtwo and lucario argument, sakurai only gets 25 percent of his say in which characters get in. lucario was put in for advertisment mostly. it wouldve been darkrai but he was'nt relese yet. mewtwo was not put in becase they put in characters who are recent and have a great history with pokemon.
Do you have a source for this? First I ever heard of it. Besides, even if Lucario was just advertisement, Roy is proof that fans still get mad when they are cut. That alone is a reason not to butcher the game.

3rd party are a must. no matter what any of u say it was a big deal. it didnt relly mess with the ballance to much.
I actually disagree here. I think that the stars had aligned just this once to give us Snake and Sonic. The gaming field has moved away from being about games and development to business models and the yearly income. The climate has changed and I think that when SSB4 does come out in a few years, they might not be able to get 3rd party characters (Citing Square and how they acted with Geno)

things i want to update
stage builder
wifi
character mechanics
race to the finish
snag the trophys

things i want in
custom cloths
unlockable cloths
make your own event match
Looks fine by me. I also want Clones / Model edits.
I.E. A Roy Mesh / model swap for Marth's moveset.

They would have to be pretty original with Lip's moveset because she's from a puzzle game, but I don't think they'd remove the properties that the Lip's Stick has now when they gave it to her. It would probably not last as long though, or maybe only activate for certain attacks.
Sad to say, but because of Captain Rainbow, I think Lip, Takamaru and all others in that game have been downgraded to AT status only. Lil mac just barely pulled out of it because of this new Wii game. The others are forgotten properties that are used for joke characters now.

At only I believe.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
First things first.

Its doctor Robotnik for **** sake!

Eggman is ******** and only sonic noobs call him that.You wouldnt believe the amount of posts with eggman in them.

SSB4 simply needs,every nintendo character ever with a good few 3rd parties.(Basically ones that did nintendo justice in some way.)

A search function for online(so you could search no items 4 stock etc)

A real online system that works.

Customisable characters(Color detail on costumes,alternate costumes)

A team of developers who havent got down syndrome(Tripping,crawling,planking,characters whos bones and flesh are made of helium.....really?)

The black knight

and possibly some sort of fully playable Gigaknight(Basically a legit,giant sized Metaknight who is really powerfull,just so people can complain about it like *****es)

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Actually, that has never been proven. That's just a theory made by Chronobound and it mostly relies on how the roster was arranged on the selection screen.

I see two possibilities for him being cut:

1. Mewtwo was one of the last characters to be finished in Brawl. When Sonic was included, Mewtwo, and possibly Roy, was set aside until Sonic was finished. Unfortunately, there was not enough time after Sonic was finished so those two were scrapped.

2. Sakurai mentioned that he had difficulty when it came to working with the Pokemon Company. He also mentioned that some characters could not get in due to rights issues(this was commonly assumed to apply to Geno). Sometime during development, specifically before Mewtwo was finished, the PC contacted Sakurai and said they wanted Lucario in or none of the Pokemon characters would be included. Sakurai conformed to the requests, and, like the Sonic theory I mentioned, after Lucario was finished, there was no time to Mewtwo. Alternatively, the PC said no to Mewtwo and wanted Lucario in instead.
The bold faced one is the theroy that I was talking about. i'm to lazy to write the whole thing out. O.o

Mewtwo's more popular than Jigglypuff, and far more popular than Lucario, so it makes the most sense to me.

Even when Lucario was the "New, hip Pokemon", Mewtwo was still FAR more popular...

But I can see the PC insisting to put Lucario in. I just can't see them insisting to take the 3rd most popular 1st gen out for that.

Shadowball, I wasn't saying that they are clones. I was just saying that their movesets are somewhat similar.

Also, Megaman definitely is a must. ^.^
The Aura Sphere and the Shadowball is all they have in common. It's like calling Mewtwo a clone of Samus. :laugh:

And Megaman would be awesome.

How can something be recent and have a great history?? Something that's new doesn't have a lot of history cause... it's new...

How is the most powerful of the 1st (And 2nd and 3rd and 4th lol) gens not count as having a "great history"?? that's like saying Jigglypuff doesn't, or Charizard. come on now...

Done the right way, yes. Somehow I don't have much faith in the Smash team after Ganondorf, though...

Why the **** was he cloned with Captain Falcon?

I know that Dark Samus was different but IIRC her attacks were similar to Samus in the games. I know they could pull it off but I honestly would rather have more variety than that.
We are in agreement then. they would find a way to screw it up. But really the only attack that Dark Samus has that behaves the same way as Samus's is the Super Missle, and even then she's flying when she fires it. they have almost nothing else in common, except the armor.

As for Ganondorf and C. Falcon... I heard that it had something to do with the similar body type.

Melee Ganondorf is forgivable, because in OoT all Ganon does is shoot at you and
turn into a moster
. Brawl Ganondorf is unforgivable however...

Big post time.

Where did people get this information? I always wondered that. Also. YAYAYAYAY. Someone else likes my new PT idea. Most just complain that it is adding more pokemon, YAYAYAYAY

Jigga hardly deserves her own spot as it is. She's a perfect canditate for a PT pokemon.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
First things first.

Its doctor Robotnik for **** sake!

Eggman is ******** and only sonic noobs call him that.You wouldnt believe the amount of posts with eggman in them.

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik has been called "Dr. Eggman" since Sonic the Hedgehog 1 ... in Japan. Sega of America decided to rename him into Dr. Ivo Robotnik.

By the release of Sonic Adventures, Sega scrapped that name confusion and put them both together, with Ivo Robotnik being his "real life" name and Eggman his nickname.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Back to the subject of SSB4 story. I just wrote up part of it. As I worked, it formed into a story with two distinct campaigns. A light side which you play first (Which I have not written yet.) and a dark side (which I have written.)

The Light side follows the good guys dealing with the war. The dark side deals with the before it started. Is anyone interested in reading it?

Right now it follows like this.

Dark Missions: 15 total missions
Light Missions: Hoping to round out at 31
Extra Missions: Hoping to round it out at 15 also. (These are just one shots placed through out the story to fill in gaps or just for fun.)

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
drago
my resorces are hidden.
roy was advertisment but more likely put in the game again
3rd partys will be in ssb.
1. segas relationship with the big N is rely good hince the olypic game coming out.
2. fan bases r off the chart
3. i beleave ol saky will use his connections to his full potential.
also shadow balls i was refering to or pika friend when i ment history

lastly, if we use to many n character who were at then at would be useless unless a good replacment is found (sidekick or enemy)

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
DONT JUDGE ME
its not realy its imaginary. i used english subed intreveiws , common since, and i used process of elimination. its a better theory then what most people have and is probably statisticaly correct.

its kinda common sence. sakurai dousnt get the bigest stick when i comes to deciding what the characters are. u have to do what the company wants you too. was mewtwo important to pokemon at the time no. pokemon diamond and pearl was. notice most half new comers from franchis that were already in are fairly recent. ........ my point/theory is proven at an extent

Steelia

Smash Champion
Similar B Specials
Similar B UP Specials
Floaty
Similar Weight
Telepathic speech
Mewtwo and Lucario?

Their B-moves [Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere] are a given. Up-B, Side-B, even Down-B... I hardly see any similarities. Sure, Lucario's Extremespeed has the same basic effect as Mewtwo's Teleport (getting out of a tough spot without hurting anyone, except Mewtwo's was more useful as he didn't get hurt during the actual teleporting process), but really...

Floatiness, it's hard to say just how floaty Mewtwo would've been in Brawl. Either he would've been made a lot heavier, or much lighter than he was in Melee (Heaven forbid >_> ). Naturally Lucario WOULD be floaty. BRAWL is floaty. Brawl floaty = Lucario floaty. :p

Weight, I suppose this could go under floatiness. And again, it's hard to compare Brawl's Lucario with Melee's Mewtwo, what, with the two games being so vastly different in the physics and engine department and all that technical gibberish.

Telepathic speech... All right, a LOT of Pokemon Legendaries have this ability. This is noted for Lucario, too. However, whenever Lucario battled in Brawl... when did he EVER use it? His taunts, his victory poses, even during some moves, his mouth was either open during grunts or he was speaking.
Now, that isn't to say he can't telepathically speak... It's just not utilized anywhere near in the same manner as Mewtwo in Melee.

...At least, that's how I see it. :p

...Ah, and to get this back on the topic at hand, Mewtwo for the next Smash game, please. PLEASE. Whether as a standalone character or under some kind of Legendary Pokemon Trainer, I really hope he makes it back in. We all know he was meant for Brawl but was cut due to those blasted time limitations (thanks, SSE). And seeing just how much GAME FREAK has been merchandising him like crazy, he's far from being unnoticed by them.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
DONT JUDGE ME
its not realy its imaginary. i used english subed intreveiws , common since, and i used process of elimination. its a better theory then what most people have and is probably statisticaly correct.

its kinda common sence. sakurai dousnt get the bigest stick when i comes to deciding what the characters are. u have to do what the company wants you too. was mewtwo important to pokemon at the time no. pokemon diamond and pearl was. notice most half new comers from franchis that were already in are fairly recent. ........ my point/theory is proven at an extent
Sounds to conspiracy theory to me.
The flag is waving. It is not true kind of thing.

We have Meta-knight, Dedede, ROB, Pit and Captain Olimar against this idea. None were really from a recent series. I could think of other reasons to argue it, but I am to lazy right now.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
yah it is arguable but the theory why mewtwo was cut is prety dead on.

lucario using telopathic speach
him being legendary.
i do count him as legendary
he can use both telapathic and human speach
him using it in brawl?
i think the 3-d people were lazy, didnt care, didnt matter, enough to close his mouth.
no one speaks an entire sentance or convo in ssb.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
I want back in.

And as for Mewtwo lacking power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NojRn7rVacQ
If he's so powered as the vid shows, why is he in the lowest 2 Tiers of Melee? And don't tell me it was because not many people used it, EVERYONE lvoes Mewtwo, and everyone tried it and noticed right away he was weak :p

And about Dark Samus or w/e...wtf? Why the heck would they add a "Dark" (copy) of the original Samus(Ridley, Dark Ridley etc) Can't you keep it original? Smash won't be turning into a Street Fighter game with all the Dark people(Dark Ryu, Dark Ken, Dark Akuma, Dark whatever), I dunno what do you like from those characters.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I hope Mewto and Roy comes back, especially Roy, he's so awesome omg. I know Roy was a copy of marth, but they can change things like they did with Falco right? I would really love to see that. Would this game come out on a new console or on the Wii? What do you think?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Similar B Specials
Similar B UP Specials
Floaty
Similar Weight
Telepathic speech
Mewtwo and Samus.

Similar B specials

Floaty

Slimilar weight

Predictable and punishable rolls.

Only decent priority.

See? they have stuff in common too. Doesn't make them clones. Lucario is a Pokemon though, so that does tip it a little bit more towards him.

And most of the legendary Pokemon that I know of... speak telepathically. Um... Enti is one right? I'm behind the times as far as all that goes lol.

Mewtwo and Lucario?

Their B-moves [Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere] are a given. Up-B, Side-B, even Down-B... I hardly see any similarities. Sure, Lucario's Extremespeed has the same basic effect as Mewtwo's Teleport (getting out of a tough spot without hurting anyone, except Mewtwo's was more useful as he didn't get hurt during the actual teleporting process), but really...

Floatiness, it's hard to say just how floaty Mewtwo would've been in Brawl. Either he would've been made a lot heavier, or much lighter than he was in Melee (Heaven forbid >_> ). Naturally Lucario WOULD be floaty. BRAWL is floaty. Brawl floaty = Lucario floaty. :p

Weight, I suppose this could go under floatiness. And again, it's hard to compare Brawl's Lucario with Melee's Mewtwo, what, with the two games being so vastly different in the physics and engine department and all that technical gibberish.

Telepathic speech... All right, a LOT of Pokemon Legendaries have this ability. This is noted for Lucario, too. However, whenever Lucario battled in Brawl... when did he EVER use it? His taunts, his victory poses, even during some moves, his mouth was either open during grunts or he was speaking.
Now, that isn't to say he can't telepathically speak... It's just not utilized anywhere near in the same manner as Mewtwo in Melee.

...At least, that's how I see it. :p

...Ah, and to get this back on the topic at hand, Mewtwo for the next Smash game, please. PLEASE. Whether as a standalone character or under some kind of Legendary Pokemon Trainer, I really hope he makes it back in. We all know he was meant for Brawl but was cut due to those blasted time limitations (thanks, SSE). And seeing just how much GAME FREAK has been merchandising him like crazy, he's far from being unnoticed by them.
hi Steelia! Now there's two of us! Yes! ;)

yah it is arguable but the theory why mewtwo was cut is prety dead on.

lucario using telopathic speach
him being legendary.
i do count him as legendary
he can use both telapathic and human speach
him using it in brawl?
i think the 3-d people were lazy, didnt care, didnt matter, enough to close his mouth.
no one speaks an entire sentance or convo in ssb.
No, that theory is not dead on. As Steelia has said, they are showing Mewtwo in pictures and merchandising like crazy. He's far from unpopular, and popularity is what gets characters into SSB... or if they need to hype a game they're going to be in...

Sounds to conspiracy theory to me.
The flag is waving. It is not true kind of thing.

We have Meta-knight, Dedede, ROB, Pit and Captain Olimar against this idea. None were really from a recent series. I could think of other reasons to argue it, but I am to lazy right now.
This man speaks the truth.

If he's so powered as the vid shows, why is he in the lowest 2 Tiers of Melee? And don't tell me it was because not many people used it, EVERYONE lvoes Mewtwo, and everyone tried it and noticed right away he was weak :p
Mewtwo's not weak... he's a big light target that has a duck that makes him the same height as Fox. A few stats changes and he'd be heigher in the teir. He belongs above BOWSER at least.

Out of the Pokemon playable in that game, Mewtwo has the strongest throws, tilts, D-Smash, second strongest F-Smash(By a stinking 1% >.> ) the strongest airs. Going just by the % numbers he's stronger than most of the characters in the game actually. They screwed him up for some reason that no one has yet to rightfully explian.

That Mewtwo is Taj btw... And that Mewtwo is insanely good.

Mewtwo is under rated because he's not some scrub player friendly character. In order to effectivly play him you have to be good enough to get around his faults that landed him where he is in the teirs. Besides, teirs don't matter as much as the skill level of the respective players.

And yesterday I ***** a Sheik with my Mewtwo... so there...

To summerize.

Mewtwo isn't a good character. But he's one of the deadliest bottom teirs if played properly.

And about Dark Samus or w/e...wtf? Why the heck would they add a "Dark" (copy) of the original Samus(Ridley, Dark Ridley etc) Can't you keep it original? Smash won't be turning into a Street Fighter game with all the Dark people(Dark Ryu, Dark Ken, Dark Akuma, Dark whatever), I dunno what do you like from those characters.
Um. played SF once and didn't like it. Dark Samus is her own character. Play a Metroid Prime game why don't you??

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Mewtwo's not weak... he's a big light target that has a duck that makes him the same height as Fox. A few stats changes and he'd be heigher in the teir. He belongs above BOWSER at least.

Out of the Pokemon playable in that game, Mewtwo has the strongest throws, tilts, D-Smash, second strongest F-Smash(By a stinking 1% >.> ) the strongest airs. Going just by the % numbers he's stronger than most of the characters in the game actually. They screwed him up for some reason that no one has yet to rightfully explian.

That Mewtwo is Taj btw... And that Mewtwo is insanely good.

Mewtwo is under rated because he's not some scrub player friendly character. In order to effectivly play him you have to be good enough to get around his faults that landed him where he is in the teirs. Besides, teirs don't matter as much as the skill level of the respective players.

And yesterday I ***** a Sheik with my Mewtwo... so there...

To summerize.

Mewtwo isn't a good character. But he's one of the deadliest bottom teirs if played properly.

Um. played SF once and didn't like it. Dark Samus is her own character. Play a Metroid Prime game why don't you??
He's a bad character, if he was better, he'd be high tier due to victories, but no, he's not, he'd be higher tier if he was as good as you say. But don\'t get me wrong, I do love Mewtwo and I also play it in Melee, reason why I'd want it back with a bit changes, his mvoesets were special!

I've played all Metroid games, Dark Samus is a copy, it's like adding Dr. Mario again, plain clone, but they could add its costume to Samus, that I would like, other than that, It'd be a copy, though, they could add it as well, like, it'd be a second player from metroid series and it'd be cool, but I'm not too much into that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom