• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
Adventure mode should be just like Melee with CGI cut scenes, and a few more levels here and then. Something that you could beat in one (this is the key here) sit down. After all Melee's adventure mode was addicting to me.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
hmmm sonic bounce ..... with an ice effect
sonic tornado (sonic heros)

dont forget castlevaina
i dont think chrono or leon will get in.
pacman has a good chance seeing him being in mario kart

i acually liked the brawl advanture mode it gave it some deph they just need to make it shorter for more room on the rom they use. and i like it taking along time to beat made it worth while unlocking characters.

d&^% youtube wont let me put my assist trophy vid on youtube.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Adventure mode should be just like Melee with CGI cut scenes, and a few more levels here and then. Something that you could beat in one (this is the key here) sit down. After all Melee's adventure mode was addicting to me.
NOOOOOO!

hmmm sonic bounce ..... with an ice effect
sonic tornado (sonic heros)
I like the Sonic Bounce idea...
B: Spin Dash
Side B: Ring Dash
Up B: Spring
Down B: Sonic Bounce

And then Homing Attack as a Neutral Aerial?
Idk. Sounds good.

dont forget castlevaina
i dont think chrono or leon will get in.
pacman has a good chance seeing him being in mario kart

i acually liked the brawl advanture mode it gave it some deph they just need to make it shorter for more room on the rom they use. and i like it taking along time to beat made it worth while unlocking characters.

d&^% youtube wont let me put my assist trophy vid on youtube.
I disagree...Leon and Chrono are both unlikely, imo.
Pac-Man...god no.
Castlevania is semi-likely...but I'm still not a fan of the idea.
I think the story mode should be longer, actually. The only problem is that it needs to be more enjoyable, so that people don't mind playing through the whole thing to unlock characters.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Pac-man.... Never.
Seriously, he's a circle. His time is up. Even the sonic series is doing better than pacman.

Speaking of Sonic. Keep his current moves, change his side-B to sonic boost. It would be like he is so fast that if he runs through anyone they take good knock back. The D-air, i don't know what to do with it, but it needs to be some kind of spike. The B-air should have Sonic extend his quills, for good knock back. He needs these as partial killing moves.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Back to Slime, I know I won't get off this topic. lol

So far I thought of an interesting special moveset.

B: Bang
^B: Balloon
>B: Scorch
VB:Metal Slime

I thought of 2 potential Final Smashes he could utilize, the Schleiman Tank (from Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime) or King Slime.

His entrance could be something sorta like this, you see blue goo start fizzing from the ground, suddenly it jumps up and takes a round shape. Than 2 eyes and a mouth pop out of the goo.

His normal attacks could be based of a few other DQH:RS moves as well as his ever famous tackle move from DQ. Other stuff could just be your typical Smash-unique moves, and since he is goo he could morph his body around a little.

Stage would be Zenithia, music would span across all 8 Dragon Quests, some of the spin offs like Rocket Slime; and even a Final Fantasy (One Winged Angel), Secret of Mana (Into The Thick of It), and Chrono Trigger (Crono's Theme) cameo track.

Victory music could be something similar to the fanfare from Dragon Quest III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfudEy8pHN8

Logo would be the slanted sword icon that appears at the end of "Quest" in the DQ logo.

Sound good?

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
Someone should make a custom skin for charizard be Blue eyes white dragon from yughio. That would be amazing.
GTFO thats so irelevant

btw ... who els is a dot circle.... kirby jiggily puff, meta knight kinda, any way still he could be revived you know. sonics doing well i think its his spinoff games that are killing him.

....who is slime owned by. are you talking about the game from wii ware .... im kinda confused when you talk about him

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Since I saw a moveset, let me ask. How would you see Bowser Jrs. B moves working.

I can only think of his B move. Paint Transform.

B: Paint Transform: Unlike all the other transformation characters, Bowser jr transforms into Shadow mario when neutral B is pressed. He will take his paint brush and twirl it above his head in a helicopter like fashion. Paint will drip off the brush end making a circle form around him. The paint will encompass his form and he will emerge as Shadow Mario. While the paint is spinning around his body, anyone that touches it will be damaged and knocked back. This move also stalls his fall slightly, so it can be used to help with recovery slightly.

Shadow Mario has the same B move, except he turns back into Bowser Jr.

And that is all I got.

soFRESH&soSHEIK

Smash Cadet
kk leon and chrono r like my dream characters for new ssb's but seriously if they put snake in brawl why not leon?! for one R.E.4 did better for the gCUBE then twin snakes ever could have. ok check out this new item for the game, u know how there are pokeballs in all the ssb. well ssb4 should have a master pokeball and instead of unleashing a pokemon u use it to catch other players and then when u throw the master ball after obtaining a cpu or human player they come out swingin at everyone but u for like 3 or 5 secs.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I would sit back on my chair and chuckle for a few minutes if Bowser Jr. got in without a Shadow Mario transformation.
Seriously, I would.

Leon won't get in because CAPCOM has a lot more relevant characters who are far more popular/ important, such as Megaman and his friends, Ryu/ other character from one of their fighting games, Viewtiful Joe (and Okami if he was Capcom as well as Clover), and if a RE character was to get in, Chris and Jill are the most obvious choice, but I'd go for Jill, seeing as she appears in a lot of Capcom's other games, mainly the fighting ones.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Leon won't get in because CAPCOM has a lot more relevant characters who are far more popular/ important, such as Megaman and his friends, Ryu/ other character from one of their fighting games, Viewtiful Joe (and Okami if he was Capcom as well as Clover), and if a RE character was to get in, Chris and Jill are the most obvious choice, but I'd go for Jill, seeing as she appears in a lot of Capcom's other games, mainly the fighting ones.
That, and because I think Nintendo wouldn't be happy to hear Smash is promoting a first-person horror shooter to kids in the younger-than-teen ranges (I don't care if Smash is T for Teen, I'm sure there are children who've managed to get it anyway :p ). Seriously, Leon having trophies of what, macabre zombies? I really don't think so. ReDeads are as closest to "horror" as any of the Smashes have ever gotten. :laugh:
Mega Man has more appeal to the youngin's... so he's more likely just because of that. (And, of course, his games are more kid-friendly as well.)

I still say Knuckles have MORE fans than Tails, and most likely have more chances to get in
For this debate, I'd rather stick with the "Only-one-third-party-rep-from-each-third-party-company-period" reason. If Sonic were to gain more slots on the roster with his buddies, might as well give him as many as Mario, because he has a number of highly supported characters (the ones that would get in more than likely being Knuckles, Tails and Shadow). That, and he also has quite a number of games... Don't know if you all remember, but the Smash series is for NINTENDO ALL-STARS. Third-parties getting in are mere guests, and I don't think Sakurai intends for all (or most) to be permanent fighters.

~Mewtwo and Cut Characters for Smash Bros. 4.
One third-party at a time, please.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
....who is slime owned by. are you talking about the game from wii ware .... im kinda confused when you talk about him
Dragon Quest (the series Slime is the mascot of) is property of Square Enix. Sorry, sometimes I just assume people know what it is I am talking about. lol

So far I thought of an interesting special moveset.

B: Bang
^B: Balloon
>B: Scorch
VB:Metal Slime

I thought of 2 potential Final Smashes he could utilize, the Schleiman Tank (from Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime) or King Slime.

His entrance could be something sorta like this, you see blue goo start fizzing from the ground, suddenly it jumps up and takes a round shape. Than 2 eyes and a mouth pop out of the goo.

His normal attacks could be based of a few other DQH:RS moves as well as his ever famous tackle move from DQ. Other stuff could just be your typical Smash-unique moves, and since he is goo he could morph his body around a little.

Stage would be Zenithia, music would span across all 8 Dragon Quests, some of the spin offs like Rocket Slime; and even a Final Fantasy (One Winged Angel), Kingdom Hearts (Hollow Bastion), Secret of Mana (Into The Thick of It), and Chrono Trigger (Crono's Theme) cameo track.

Victory music could be something similar to the fanfare from Dragon Quest III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfudEy8pHN8

Logo would be the slanted sword icon that appears at the end of "Quest" in the DQ logo.

Sound good?
Just had to repost for all that did not see. Unnecessary yes, but hey not like much else is going on. ;)

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
im gona ask what do you guys think of prodject sora

sakurai says its somthing nintendo cant do by them self
a new gaming experience

wtf is it. sakurai is directing it so thats one character we know thats gona be in ssb4 but we have no idea who it is omg what the **** is prodject sora

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
If any Tales character, it would be Cress (Cless), considering he was the original Nintendo character for Namco. Also, Tales of Symphonia was later made for the PS2 in Japan, so there would be platform conflicts as well.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
SUPER SMASH BROS. 4

New/Returning Characters:
- Mewtwo (Pokemon)
- Isaac (Golden Sun)
- Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Lyn (Fire Emblem)
- Megaman (Megaman)
- Animal Crosser (Animal Crossing)
- Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
- Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
- Ballon Fighter (Balloon Fighter)

Cut Characters:
- Toon Link

Character Improvements:
- Ganondorf with a sword and completely original moveset
- Slightly modified Sonic moveset
- Lucario and Mewtwo both tweaked to be less similar to each other
- Luigi with slightly different moveset and Poltergust as down special
- Falco and Wolf get different Final Smashes and new specials to be different from Fox
- All movesets in general more accurately represent the characters and the games they're from

...my complete character wishlist. :] comments please?

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
:goomba: Why cut Toon Link?Sure he might need a more original moveset but other than that he is great....IMO. :goomba:

Because. Althought he COULD have an original moveset, Nintendo is too lazy...look at Ganondorf's moveset...coming along great. /not

And honestly...I KNOW HE'S NOT THE SAME PERSON AS REGULAR LINK. But he might as well be.
Twilight Princess Link, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask Link, Original Legend of Zelda Link, and Wind Waker Link are all different people that could all have different movesets...the only reason people consider Wind Waker Link so different from the others is the different graphical style that Wind Waker had. If Wind Waker was in the same style as Ocarina or Twilight Princess...no one would consider him any different.

/agree?

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
:chainsaw: Dont Gett Rid Of Toon Link Hes Origonal. He And Paper Mario Should Be In SSB4. Both Have Franchises. Yes Toon Link Can Be Uncloned There Already Been Move Sets For That Nooooo

any way you dont have enough new characters. i dont get why people cant accept mewtwo was cut, but pokemon well get more reps so*sigh* he and a lot of other pokemon well get in.

hmm you know what would be awsome but imposible if you chose what pokemon you want for pokemon trainer. =( to bad its never gona happen, will in my life time.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
:chainsaw: Dont Gett Rid Of Toon Link Hes Origonal. He And Paper Mario Should Be In SSB4. Both Have Franchises. Yes Toon Link Can Be Uncloned There Already Been Move Sets For That Nooooo

any way you dont have enough new characters. i dont get why people cant accept mewtwo was cut, but pokemon well get more reps so*sigh* he and a lot of other pokemon well get in.

hmm you know what would be awsome but imposible if you chose what pokemon you want for pokemon trainer. =( to bad its never gona happen, will in my life time.
Toon Link isn't original at all...read my argument above and you should get my point.
No Paper Mario, I love all three games, but the same argument applies for him and Toon Link.

I added 11 new characters, and cut one. That's ten more characters. Which is 49. Which is one less than 50, which is what everyone is using as an average estimate.

EDIT: We'll even add one more to bridge the gap and make an even 50:
- Bowser Jr. (Mario)
OR
- Saki (Sin & Punishment)
OR
- Whatever. It really could be anything. Why waste roster space with ____ Link or ____ Mario? We already have Link and Mario represented, which should respresent all of their incarnations.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
nope not convincing. nintendo will make him a regual char with his own move set. its like geting rid of ganondortf or falco.
toon link will surely be in ssb4 again prlby cuz of his new game coming out.
argument not convincing enough to me.
new subject
underground characters that need reviving

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sorry, I hate to say it but Toon Link and Paper Mario are not the same as Twilight Princess Link and Mario. Their series are spin offs that are established franchises, distinct from the original as far as setting is concerned. If they deserve to be out simply because their name ends in "Mario" or "Link" than that is a pretty poor reason. We aren't talking about Tanooki Mario or Zora Suit Link, those are just aesthetic and not completely different entities.

If they are to not be included just because they have a possibility of being cloned,than that would disqualify half of the suggestions on this board!

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
nope not convincing. nintendo will make him a regual char with his own move set. its like geting rid of ganondortf or falco.
toon link will surely be in ssb4 again prlby cuz of his new game coming out.
argument not convincing enough to me.
Ganondorf and Falco are both their own characters...and are both more important than Toon Link, imo, aside from the fact that Ganondorf and Falco don't have their OWN games.

And if you don't like my argument...then you should come up with a logical counterargument rather than just saying "No3z im nawt c0nvinsed lolz"

Sorry, I hate to say it but Toon Link and Paper Mario are not the same as Twilight Princess Link and Mario. Their series are spin offs that are established franchises, distinct from the original as far as setting is concerned. If they deserve to be out simply because their name ends in "Mario" or "Link" than that is a pretty poor reason. We aren't talking about Tanooki Mario or Zora Suit Link, those are just aesthetic and not completely different entities.

If they are to not be included just because they have a possibility of being cloned,than that would disqualify half of the suggestions on this board!
Sorry, I hate to say it but I already acknowledged the fact that TL and TP Link are not the same person. But my point was that there are about 4 different versions of Link...Ocarina of Time, Original, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess...the only reason people consider Wind Waker Link so different and important is because of the unique art style.

Paper Mario and Mario ARE the same person, I hate to break it to you. Hence the pre-existing Bowser and Mario rivalry, and Mario/Peach relations...once again, just a different art style.

Even if you don't agree with all of that, which there should be no reason not to, there still remains simple logic. Wouldn't you rather have a completely new and unique character rather than another "version" or "spin-off" of a pre-existing one?

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
sundayseclipse can you explain "underground character." Do you mean Mewtwo and Roy or Takamaru and Balloon Figher?
the second choice.that means games like star tropics that like no one hurd of before like pit was before brawl that sorta thing. or old all star characters from the time of the classics that have witherd away to nothing

btw biv its 3 against one so far toon like is staying by deplomatic vote

i change my avatar to dig dug i wana see him revived and put in brawl
>.<

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
lulz because votes got characters like ridley into Brawl, rite?

k, argument over.

Old School characters...

BALLOON FIGHTER <3

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Alrighty then, I think the most realistic underground character would be Balloon Fighter. He has had his original 1985 balloon fight and many ports and sequels that have flown under the radar. He also has a trophy in melee (not sure about brawl) and song in brawl not to mention the VC realse in 07.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Balloon Fighter
B: Inflate Balloon
Side B: Thunder Spark
Down B: Pop All Balloons
Up B: Balloon Lift

I will explain later i'm typing on psp

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
hmmm arnt all links sons of the previous starting from the 1st passing the triforce along. except t link hes completly different
Err... you need to brush up on your Zelda. The 'Toon' Zelda games are exactly the same as the regular Zelda games -- they just have cosmetic changes. And the links aren't sons of the previous Links... most definitely not.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Can someone do me a god **** favour!? Send Sakurai a ****ing letter saying "Ganon has a ****en sword, let him use it".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom