• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Toon Link isn't original at all...read my argument above and you should get my point.
No Paper Mario, I love all three games, but the same argument applies for him and Toon Link.

I added 11 new characters, and cut one. That's ten more characters. Which is 49. Which is one less than 50, which is what everyone is using as an average estimate.

EDIT: We'll even add one more to bridge the gap and make an even 50:
- Bowser Jr. (Mario)
OR
- Saki (Sin & Punishment)
OR
- Whatever. It really could be anything. Why waste roster space with ____ Link or ____ Mario? We already have Link and Mario represented, which should respresent all of their incarnations.
*looks at falco*

Wow, so original. Like fox but cocky.

Here's a good argument comparing TL and Falco. At least you PLAYED as toon link, Falco would just ask for help every once in a while in a little panel at the bottom of the screen. Fox is cooler anyway.

I don't like TL either but I don't like falco either as well.

Why have bowser junior? That's putting a blank at the end of a character where you don't want the blank at the beginning of said characters. Just doesn't make much sense (no matter how much I'd like to see bowser Jr........maybe)

rockem7

Smash Ace
Does Starfy still have a chance of getting in?
He does have a new game coming out in North America in less than a month, so...
I would prefer him over something like resident evil.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Does Starfy still have a chance of getting in?
He does have a new game coming out in North America in less than a month, so...
I would prefer him over something like resident evil.
Starfy has a very good chance, he is already in Brawl so to speak. An AT, but still better than nothing I would assume. His series is finally coming over to NA, I also hear that there could possibly be more games coming overseas if it sells well enough. In his games I he uses suits which could translate to special moves for Starfy, for instance, I saw a chicken suit that allowed Starfy to fly now tell me how hard would it be to create an UpB from that?

n88

Smash Lord
SUPER SMASH BROS. 4

New/Returning Characters:
- Mewtwo (Pokemon)
- Isaac (Golden Sun)
- Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Lyn (Fire Emblem)
- Megaman (Megaman)
- Animal Crosser (Animal Crossing)
- Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
- Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
- Ballon Fighter (Balloon Fighter)

Cut Characters:
- Toon Link

Character Improvements:
- Ganondorf with a sword and completely original moveset
- Slightly modified Sonic moveset
- Lucario and Mewtwo both tweaked to be less similar to each other
- Luigi with slightly different moveset and Poltergust as down special
- Falco and Wolf get different Final Smashes and new specials to be different from Fox
- All movesets in general more accurately represent the characters and the games they're from

...my complete character wishlist. :] comments please?
Replace Lyn w/someone else from Fire Emblem, don't cut Toon Link, and add Bowser Jr.

Also, Lucario and Mewtwo are already a lot more different than most people think.

Other than that, looks good.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
i think they need to tweak links move set(acual link)
make him less slow, able to jump. have his up b be more effective. change boomarang to somthing els thats not a projectile, probably ball n chain make it like sheiks wip.
maby change fs to feirce deity link
change t links to clyclone song. (clyclone comes in if it touces u u go swinging off teh stage

n88

Smash Lord
i think they need to tweak links move set(acual link)
make him less slow, able to jump. have his up b be more effective. change boomarang to somthing els thats not a projectile, probably ball n chain make it like sheiks wip.
maby change fs to feirce deity link
change t links to clyclone song. (clyclone comes in if it touces u u go swinging off teh stage
If Link gets a non-projectile special, he should get that cane/wand-thing. I don't remember the name. He could be the first character in Smash able to heal himself at will. That would need some serious lag to be balanced, though. With the advent of Spirit Tracks, Toon Link should get a big Train to ride around in for a Final Smash.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I had several ideas on how to buff Jigglypuff in Smash 4.

Bring back the power of the Rest move as it was in Melee.
Make her Sing able to put people to sleep even while she is in the air.
Everytime she rests she recovers a little bit of health, 7-12%.

If you think that Rest will end up being abused, look at how much lag it takes after the attack is completed for her to be mobile again. I highly doubt it would be abused to a high degree, plus if it has the power it did in Melee it might be beneficial to Puffs again, unlike Brawl. Plus Sing needs a boost somehow and this is the only feasible way to do so without making the attack broken imo.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I had several ideas on how to buff Jigglypuff in Smash 4.

Bring back the power of the Rest move as it was in Melee.
Make her Sing able to put people to sleep even while she is in the air.
Everytime she rests she recovers a little bit of health, 7-12%.

If you think that Rest will end up being abused, look at how much lag it takes after the attack is completed for her to be mobile again. I highly doubt it would be abused to a high degree, plus if it has the power it did in Melee it might be beneficial to Puffs again, unlike Brawl. Plus Sing needs a boost somehow and this is the only feasible way to do so without making the attack broken imo.
I think Puff should not be buffed. I think Puff should be put in a trainer.

Make Leaf, a female pokemon trainer.
Her pokemon can be Jigglypuff, Pichu, and Gardivour.

To stop people from missing one of Jiggs moves, make the Down B move a Down Taunt (make it a special taunt that can be done any where)

Some of the changes you made does make sense, like the healing part with rest.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
No to the trainer. We have one pokemon trainer, if we add another he wouldn't be original. Just give him a female alt.

The only reason people want another trainer is to bring back pichu. It would be really hard to do, Jigglypuff would probably lose rest, the move making it so unique, pichu would lose thunder, the most fun move.

My idea is to instead implement a fighting mode, like coin battle, where every move you miss ends up damaging you. That would be like pichu if you fight as pikachu, also it would make people spam moves less.

If people only want pichu back for it's cuteness (though pika has that covered enough) we could give pikachu an alt. costume of pichu. It would just be a larger pichu. It could work. Anyways, we don't really need pichu, it was put in as a joke character.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman

To stop people from missing one of Jiggs moves, make the Down B move a Down Taunt (make it a special taunt that can be done any where)

if any pokemon are goan get in by a pokemon trainer its the johto starters

If Link gets a non-projectile special, he should get that cane/wand-thing. I don't remember the name. He could be the first character in Smash able to heal himself at will. That would need some serious lag to be balanced, though. With the advent of Spirit Tracks, Toon Link should get a big Train to ride around in for a Final Smash.

...young link could heal him self. are you talking about the ice wand
that be awsome. he should also get a coustume in his train outfit and casual cloths too

n88

Smash Lord
...young link could heal him self.
Really? It has been a long time since I played Melee, but I don't remember that. Ah, well.
Jigglypuff could be part of a trainer, but I'm not crazy about the idea. I would suggest that the PT actually use 6 Pokemon, like he's supposed to, but using PT's B-down five times in a row would be suicide.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff will, like it or not, remain in Smash as her own character. Perhaps she isn't as popular as she used to be, but she still has popularity, and she's O12. Whether or not that's a valid argument, Nintendo thinks it is- remember "up until now"? The Female Pokemon Trainer isn't a terrible idea, but it just isn't likely.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No to the trainer. We have one pokemon trainer, if we add another he wouldn't be original. Just give him a female alt.

The only reason people want another trainer is to bring back pichu. It would be really hard to do, Jigglypuff would probably lose rest, the move making it so unique, pichu would lose thunder, the most fun move.

My idea is to instead implement a fighting mode, like coin battle, where every move you miss ends up damaging you. That would be like pichu if you fight as pikachu, also it would make people spam moves less.

If people only want pichu back for it's cuteness (though pika has that covered enough) we could give pikachu an alt. costume of pichu. It would just be a larger pichu. It could work. Anyways, we don't really need pichu, it was put in as a joke character.
As far as original goes, Zelda/Sheik is not original. Yes the transformation of Samus/ZSS is slightly different, but the fact that the transformation is there makes Zelda/Sheik not very unique. Another thing, if it is a good idea, it is always worth doing twice.

How does the fighting mode justify pichu exactly? Pichu could use losing Thunder. I already mentioned what would happen to jiggs Down B move.

I want to see all character return. The trainer was the best way to do it. Pichu's proportions are to different from pikachu's be a successful alt.

if any pokemon are goan get in by a pokemon trainer its the johto starters
I disagree with this. I doubt we are going to get every starter. What I came up with makes the most sense because we get pichu back, it does not take up an extra space on the select screen (Leaf takes Jiggs spot instead of having to add in another spot), and they only have to really make 2 new pokemon movesets (instead of the 4 or 5 that would come from using the Johto starters.)

Anyway, why do people think that the johto starters will be the ones if a new trainer appears? Is it because of PT? If so, that is weak logic. Once does not make a trend. It is about as bad as people thinking Lucario will be dropped because Mewtwo was.

...young link could heal him self. are you talking about the ice wand that be awsome. he should also get a coustume in his train outfit and casual cloths too
We have Toon Link, we do not need Young Link.

Jigglypuff will, like it or not, remain in Smash as her own character. Perhaps she isn't as popular as she used to be, but she still has popularity, and she's O12. Whether or not that's a valid argument, Nintendo thinks it is- remember "up until now"? The Female Pokemon Trainer isn't a terrible idea, but it just isn't likely.
I disagree. As for the O12. That is just a bull excuse. Ness was supposed to be cut, but got by at the last minute. They are not immortal. Besides, she would still be playable and the O12 would remain in tact.

The up until now was caused by bad translations and misinformation. Nintendo has never officially said that the O12 are untouchable.

As for unlikely, it probably is. But so is wanting a great Smash 4. Sakurai will run it again because it seems every series from japan can never pass hands. Sakurai will then do what he did to brawl.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
The O12 are untouchable because they are all pretty unique. Everyone after them is a clone. Just think of what is happening with Mewtwo. We are all complaining so much. What would happen if we cut Original characters that have been in 3 games, instead of one, dissapeared. They have too much of a fanbase. If they were going to get cut, they'd already be cut by now.

Sakurai won't ruin ssb4. Don't forget he made Melee. Don't forget he made ssb64. They rocked, He could quite well do it again. Also brawl is a great game. He put in tripping, and that was his only mistake. Everything else we dislike about brawl is because our expectations are too high. Brawl is an awesome game, if you haven't noticed everyone on smashboards post in the brawl section, and the melee section is pretty much dead. Brawl's a great game and don't dis sakurai.

Thunder is THE reason to play Pika and Pichu. Getting rid of it is a No-no. Second, Pichu is only diferent in the fact that it is smaller. It's ears are a bit sider, and it is slightly thinner. You could easily make a large pichu out of Pikachu. The Fighting mode is the only thing unique about Pichu. Pichu hurts itself with every move, that's what the fighting mode would do. Then Pikachu would play exactley like Pichu.

The use of a trainer would only be to fit as many characters possible into as little roster slots possible. 50 is not the number. It could be 60 spots, 45 spots, 56 spots. Sakurai doesn't care how many roster spots there are, so why should we. No one seriously mained Pichu, it was just a joke. I have seen no one absolutely outright complaining about the missing Pichu. Mewtwo is missed a lot, People want roy back, Heck a few want Dr. Mario back. The only reason people want Pichu, is to put her in a trainer slot.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
People who want Roy and Dr. Mario back are only people who mained them in Melee...even if they did return, they wouldn't be the same, nor would the game that they were in, so the people wouldn't end up maining them again anyway. Their logic fails.

Pichu should just stay away from Smash...forever. Making another Pokemon Trainer in the first place would be completely ruining what made the original so great, unexpected, and unique.

Jigglypuff is going to stay, along with the rest of the O12. Jiggly's moves should be changed/improved though...she's pretty lame.

Off-Topic:
What new moves could Lucas get to replace his cloned ones from Ness?

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
As far as original goes, Zelda/Sheik is not original. Yes the transformation of Samus/ZSS is slightly different, but the fact that the transformation is there makes Zelda/Sheik not very unique. Another thing, if it is a good idea, it is always worth doing twice.

How does the fighting mode justify pichu exactly? Pichu could use losing Thunder. I already mentioned what would happen to jiggs Down B move.

I want to see all character return. The trainer was the best way to do it. Pichu's proportions are to different from pikachu's be a successful alt.

I disagree with this. I doubt we are going to get every starter. What I came up with makes the most sense because we get pichu back, it does not take up an extra space on the select screen (Leaf takes Jiggs spot instead of having to add in another spot), and they only have to really make 2 new pokemon movesets (instead of the 4 or 5 that would come from using the Johto starters.)

Anyway, why do people think that the johto starters will be the ones if a new trainer appears? Is it because of PT? If so, that is weak logic. Once does not make a trend. It is about as bad as people thinking Lucario will be dropped because Mewtwo was.

We have Toon Link, we do not need Young Link.

I disagree. As for the O12. That is just a bull excuse. Ness was supposed to be cut, but got by at the last minute. They are not immortal. Besides, she would still be playable and the O12 would remain in tact.

The up until now was caused by bad translations and misinformation. Nintendo has never officially said that the O12 are untouchable.

As for unlikely, it probably is. But so is wanting a great Smash 4. Sakurai will run it again because it seems every series from japan can never pass hands. Sakurai will then do what he did to brawl.
..... piachu is gone get over it.
why johto starters, prbly becase of the remake of gold n silver and that there gona be in the 12th movie.

i didnt say any thing a bout y link. i said he can heal himself. read fool.
the closest pichu is gona get is an alt form, same with dr. mario.

jiggily stays sadly.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmm thats a good idea, lets give Pokémon Trainer six Pokémon instead of three, it would keep it accurate I guess...

Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
and Lucario.

We could get rid of the whole entire Pokémon row altogether. :O

Well not really, Mewtwo would be under PT, because he is to hardcore to be owned by anybody. Oh wait, I have a Mewtwo! :Ox2

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
The O12 are untouchable because they are all pretty unique. Everyone after them is a clone. Just think of what is happening with Mewtwo. We are all complaining so much. What would happen if we cut Original characters that have been in 3 games, instead of one, dissapeared. They have too much of a fanbase. If they were going to get cut, they'd already be cut by now.
This does not help your argument. Most companies could care less about how mad the fanbase gets. Everyone was mad that Mewtwo was cut, we all got over it. And every character ends up having fans, even Pichu.

Sakurai won't ruin ssb4. Don't forget he made Melee. Don't forget he made ssb64. They rocked, He could quite well do it again. Also brawl is a great game. He put in tripping, and that was his only mistake. Everything else we dislike about brawl is because our expectations are too high. Brawl is an awesome game, if you haven't noticed everyone on smashboards post in the brawl section, and the melee section is pretty much dead. Brawl's a great game and don't dis sakurai.
He also made brawl and it did not live up to the hype. That is why there is brawl plus. Melee is bead because everyone has moved onto the newest game. That is how these things work.

Thunder is THE reason to play Pika and Pichu. Getting rid of it is a No-no. Second, Pichu is only diferent in the fact that it is smaller. It's ears are a bit sider, and it is slightly thinner. You could easily make a large pichu out of Pikachu. The Fighting mode is the only thing unique about Pichu. Pichu hurts itself with every move, that's what the fighting mode would do. Then Pikachu would play exactley like Pichu.
Thunder is not important if pichu is given a new moveset that works. Remember that the sky is the limit. As for the fighting mode, it does not replace a character. I would like to see pichu come back without the hurt it self addition. That was just dumb.

The use of a trainer would only be to fit as many characters possible into as little roster slots possible. 50 is not the number. It could be 60 spots, 45 spots, 56 spots. Sakurai doesn't care how many roster spots there are, so why should we.
Thinking logically, the amount of spots will be about 50. That seems reasonable (abet a little much, closer to 45 is realistic.) Do you honestly think people would accept

pikachu
Squirtal
Char
Ivy
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Lucario
Gardivour
5th gen

on the main screen. No. There is a mind trick. Get more characters in and trick people mentally into thinking there is not that many. I can fit that list into 6 spots, Cuts out 4 on the main screen and people will not complain as much.

No one seriously mained Pichu, it was just a joke. I have seen no one absolutely outright complaining about the missing Pichu. Mewtwo is missed a lot, People want roy back, Heck a few want Dr. Mario back. The only reason people want Pichu, is to put her in a trainer slot.
Pichu had a fanbase. and I have seen people complaining about all the missing characters. As for pichu in the trainer slot, I think I am the only one who ever preached it. I have never seen anyone else suggest the idea.

..... piachu is gone get over it..
And so is mewtwo. Get over it.

.why johto starters, prbly becase of the remake of gold n silver and that there gona be in the 12th movie.
That does not help your point. Pichu is from the second game. I guess that justifies my point.

.i didnt say any thing a bout y link. i said he can heal himself. read fool.
the closest pichu is gona get is an alt form, same with dr. mario.

jiggily stays sadly.
And I disagree here. Hell, even if pichu is an alt I will be happy, but I seriously doubt they are going to drop development time into another trainer when they can so easily jerry-rig one into being that can actually be very unique and different from the one we have now.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
i dont give a rats *** about mewtwo
that douse help my point. did piachu have a big role in his game. the only hype hes gona get is from the next movie.paichu is bye bye.
companies not worrying if a large fan base gets mad. thats ludercurious. thats like saying that your vote dousnt matter.
brawl was awsome, the only bad thing was the wifi sucked and tripping. brawl introduced new revolutionary features. dont rip on brawl
i 100% agree with mythic

Steelia

Smash Champion
i dont give a rats *** about mewtwo
that douse help my point. did piachu have a big role in his game. the only hype hes gona get is from the next movie.paichu is bye bye.
companies not worrying if a large fan base gets mad. thats ludercurious. thats like saying that your vote dousnt matter.
brawl was awsome, the only bad thing was the wifi sucked and tripping. brawl introduced new revolutionary features. dont rip on brawl
i 100% agree with mythic
So because our opinion(s) clash with yours, yours is automatically superior just because others agree with you? THAT is ridiculous.

I give a rats *** about Mewtwo. Guess that makes my opinion better than yours because I say so with a lot of other people, correct?
There's no need for that. Simply say "I don't care for Mewtwo as [opinion], but everyone has their own opinions on him".
You don't care for Mewtwo. Good for you. I can respect that if you would stop trying to shove it down our throats.
I care for Mewtwo. Good for me. And that's all there is to it.

...In any which case, I still love the Leaf trainer idea you have there, drag0nscythe... Putting the more "obscure" yet popular Pokemon under a different trainer sounds like a plan. Saves some space on the roster (leaving it less cluttered, anyway). A lot of people wanted to see Leaf (or a Female Pkmn Trainer) to be somehow connected to Red, or even usable on the same level as Red... Badda-boom. Works like a charm. (It'd also be a nice way to have Pokemon from each Generation rep.)

~Mewtwo and Cut Company for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Needs less tripping.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
So because our opinion(s) clash with yours, yours is automatically superior just because others agree with you? THAT is ridiculous.

I give a rats *** about Mewtwo. Guess that makes my opinion better than yours because I say so with a lot of other people, correct?
There's no need for that. Simply say "I don't care for Mewtwo as [opinion], but everyone has their own opinions on him".
You don't care for Mewtwo. Good for you. I can respect that if you would stop trying to shove it down our throats.
I care for Mewtwo. Good for me. And that's all there is to it.

...In any which case, I still love the Leaf trainer idea you have there, drag0nscythe... Putting the more "obscure" yet popular Pokemon under a different trainer sounds like a plan. Saves some space on the roster (leaving it less cluttered, anyway). A lot of people wanted to see Leaf (or a Female Pkmn Trainer) to be somehow connected to Red, or even usable on the same level as Red... Badda-boom. Works like a charm. (It'd also be a nice way to have Pokemon from each Generation rep.)

Needs less tripping.
wow you have the reading skills of a 3 year old,
he randomly said mewtwo is gone get over it. yes its fact i dont care about mewtwo. this had nothing to do with mew2 till he brought it up. it was headed to him no 1 els,sry if it offended you.

doing the leaf green idea gives less roster space for pokemon.
i perfer starters to be under PT.
leave jigilly alone as it is. its gona change sadly
piachu an alt
pikachu is pikachu.
new humanoid pokemon from 5th gen
mewtwo
lucario
new pt

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All I care about is seeing Mewtwo return, it kills me everytime I realize how close he was to being in. I loved Mewtwo in Melee, sure he had his problems, but it wasn't worth getting removed over. I even liked Pichu in a Street Fighter Dan kind of way.

Yeah, I so stole this.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I fins it sad seeing this must jigglypuff hate, she is so diffrent compared to everyone else. She is queen of the skys. I really doubt anyone in the O12 shall leave, they are all so original and so far have stayed in each game. Also heck I never used Dr Mario, Roy, or Mewtwo but I feel they should be back. I'm not to sure about Pichu though, but I find it sad when any character in games like these when they are cut.

Dear god It is just a miracle when you people agree for a whole page >__>

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Hey, hey, enough of the "get over it" posts. Nobody here has any logic of the future of Smash. This is a hypothetical thread; everyone has their right of stating their wishes in appearances. This discussion went quite well without arguments for awhile. Please keep it that way.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

I completely 100% don't like this idea, whatsoever.

Jigglypuff does clearly need some buffs, she was fairly high on the Melee tier list, before being bumped down to one of the worst in Brawl- this shows that she needs a buff, even if this buff just means making her the same as she was in Melee.

And putting Jigglypuff in a trainer is just killing Pokemon Trainer's uniqueness, doing that would be like making an Ice Climber clone. Why put them with a trainer when you can make those 3, Jigglypuff, Pichu and Gardevoir, separate characters, which means they can all have their own down B, and won't run out of Stamina, be forced to switch after loss of stock.
I'd love to be able to play as Ivysaur without the risk of losing stamina/ being forced out after I die; there's no point in making other perfectly good characters suffer from this.

If you're going to get rid of one of Jigglypuff's moves for the Pokemon style swap, then surely sing should go- Pound is fantastic, Rollout is a great killer, and Rest is a fantastic way to KO opponents (although it was infinitely better in Melee). The least useful special is clearly Sing- Jigglypuff's opponent needs to be around 150% otherwise they will wake up before the ending lag on the move finishes, and when you do land with it all it allows you to do is hit with either one of it's aerials, or a laggy smash.
Wouldn't a taunt be the better way to swap- that way they'd keep all of their attacks?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
lol....

I still don't even know why they thought that would make sense. Jigglypuff doesn't require the support of any characters to be included in anything, she is popular enough. Squirtle and Charizard were somewhat popular Pokemon, but alone it wouldn't work out.

There is too many Pokemon to just let them play on their own. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Lucario were a different case, because they are most-liked and honored Pokemon.

If there is to be a female Pokemon trainer, I would assume something more elegant, and with different Pokemon.

For instance, the male PT is about fierce battle Pokemon, but the female PT could have Pokemon suited for Pokemon Contests, since most females trainers naturally do that in the game and show.

She would need to have a theme; a concept, rather than just have Pokemon of a different element and weight class like PT. That is the same thing, and would be a wasted slot for something unique.

So basically, female PT should have girly or genderless Pokemon, or whatever theme is suited for that of Pokemon Contests. What I am getting at is a theme. And possibly a dress outfit for her. lol

This isn't of my tastes, but it makes more sense than just to have a female version of PT with different Pokemon with the same switch-set tactic just like Pokemon Trainer.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Would anyone go for a Pichu/Meowth/Gardevoir Female Pokémon set? BTW, Pichu could have his specials changed around, and normal moveset tweaked a little.

B: Charm
>B: Zap Cannon
^B: Quick Attack

BG3

Smash Journeyman
How about a game where kirby gets less rep. and zelda and metroid get some love. You ever thought about that Mr. Sakurai?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
How about a game where kirby gets less rep. and zelda and metroid get some love. You ever thought about that Mr. Sakurai?
Sakurai isn't here.

Besides, Zelda has more reps than Kirby. Remember, Melee only had Kirby, when Zelda had four. It only made sense to add two more for the Kirby franchise. Also keep in mind that Smash was developed by Hal Laboratory, which is the developer for Kirby games. So even if there were more Kirby toons, it would make sense.

And as for Metroid, they actually took a hit making ZSS playable. Most people were furious that they skipped Ridley and put her in. Metroid is more a downlow Nintendo game anyway.

I honestly can't see any assured Zelda reps. The game already limits unique characters, unless they pull a random Vaati, Zant, or Midna, but I hate to say that they just might be degraded as Assist Trophies. Odds are, a few of the current ATs will become playable, and they will need to have replacements.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Sakurai isn't here.

Besides, Zelda has more reps than Kirby. Remember, Melee only had Kirby, when Zelda had four. It only made sense to add two more for the Kirby franchise. Also keep in mind that Smash was developed by Hal Laboratory, which is the developer for Kirby games. So even if there were more Kirby toons, it would make sense.

And as for Metroid, they actually took a hit making ZSS playable. Most people were furious that they skipped Ridley and put her in. Metroid is more a downlow Nintendo game anyway.

I honestly can't see any assured Zelda reps. The game already limits unique characters, unless they pull a random Vaati, Zant, or Midna, but I hate to say that they just might be degraded as Assist Trophies. Odds are, a few of the current ATs will become playable, and they will need to have replacements.
I believe that Sakuai developed the first Kirby games. That is why he wanted to do D3's voice. Not sure though. (looks at how every Kirby character is really good) He favorites them......

Uh actually they have 5 Zelda characters: Link, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Zelda and Sheik
I personally think that is enough. They have sported a total of 6 Zelda characters in all. The only people that beat them in characters is Mario and Pokemon.
Mario is because they have like a million games with a ton of characters.
Pokemon because they have 493 Pokemon to have as a character and fan base regulates who they pick.

hmmm.. I knew people where mad about Ridley but I didn't know they were mad about ZSS getting the spot and not him. Owell.. can't em all.

I agree, current AT's are going to be playable in SSB4. My vote goes to Saki and Isaac.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I believe that Sakuai developed the first Kirby games. That is why he wanted to do D3's voice. Not sure though. (looks at how every Kirby character is really good) He favorites them......

Uh actually they have 5 Zelda characters: Link, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Zelda and Sheik
I personally think that is enough. They have sported a total of 6 Zelda characters in all. The only people that beat them in characters is Mario and Pokemon.
Mario is because they have like a million games with a ton of characters.
Pokemon because they have 493 Pokemon to have as a character and fan base regulates who they pick.

hmmm.. I knew people where mad about Ridley but I didn't know they were mad about ZSS getting the spot and not him. Owell.. can't em all.

I agree, current AT's are going to be playable in SSB4. My vote goes to Saki and Isaac.
Well, I wasn't counting Shiek, but that proves my point even more. lol. Thanks.

My votes as well.

Anyway, they weren't mad ZSS got the part, they just rather have a cool space dactyl rather than a sex appealling bounty huntress....or DID they?

P.S. I totally forgot Shadow was an AT. Meh, I don't have hopes for him in the next Smash, though I do like him as a character.

Scott!

Smash Lord
The only Zelda characters I see them adding are Toon Zelda/Tetra and Tingle, since those are the only ones they've considered putting in in some form already. There really aren't other Zelda characters, except maybe Vaati, that would deserve it. When it comes to picking reps from the bigger series, the reps should be recurring characters, and Zelda doesn't have too many of them. I mean, it isn't even the same Link and Zelda most of the time. I just hope they keep Tingle in AT status, cause I hate him a lot.

Also, since I've been playing Tales of Symphonia recently, Lloyd Irving for SSB4! He's had two games, and already has precedence for guest roles, in Soul Calibur: Legends. Also, it would be awesome. I rest my case.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
lol. Again with Tingle. Tingle is waaaaay too peaceful and lacks any kind of battle prowess. He is more fitting as the AT he is. He would be more trouble than he is worth just making him playable.

As for Toon Zelda, I can't see another toon of anything making an appearance, but I would totally use her.

saviorslegacy

lol. Again with Tingle. Tingle is waaaaay too peaceful and lacks any kind of battle prowess. He is more fitting as the AT he is. He would be more trouble than he is worth just making him playable.

As for Toon Zelda, I can't see another toon of anything making an appearance, but I would totally use her.
If she became Toon Sheik then I would use her. lol

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Toon Shiek. rofl.

The Tetra to Toon Zelda sounds like it could work, but naming takes a big part to. I mean going from Tetra to Toon Zelda sounds a bit silly as far as the name, unless it is Tetra that is the initial character.

I imagine Toon Zelda as a much faster Zelda with no kick attacks, weaker moves, and gimmicky specials.

saviorslegacy

Toon Shiek. rofl.

The Tetra to Toon Zelda sounds like it could work, but naming takes a big part to. I mean going from Tetra to Toon Zelda sounds a bit silly as far as the name, unless it is Tetra that is the initial character.

I imagine Toon Zelda as a much faster Zelda with no kick attacks, weaker moves, and gimmicky specials.
no no.. Toon Sheik

You know they would be really odd.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom