• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
This has probably already been said, but I think it would be awesome if they added another two-man player like Ice Climbers; Plusle and Minun for example. I can't think of many other duos that would fit for this purpose, but I think Ice Climbers deserve some company with their unique gameplay.

On the same topic, if the player could switch between the two joint-characters (controlling Plusle instead of Minun, Minun instead of Plusle, etc) and making them very slightly different, then far more strategy would be needed and make it an interesting character. Just my thoughts.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Kuma

Of course, if it wasn't "LOL programming issues", it must be "LOL time constraints".

@ Shino

Just because the angle of Wolf's side B and the speed of his up B are different from Fox does not mean he is not a clone of Fox. If you are going to use that logic, we might as well say Dr. Mario wasn't really a clone of Mario simply because he shoots pills instead of fireballs and his side B was a hospital bed sheet that was longer than Mario's cape. It does not change the fact that Dr. Mario was based on Mario. Clones are based on existing characters. Wolf and Lucas fit the bill and the same goes for Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik, and Plusle & Minun.

@ Smashchu

What's the Japanese word for "random"? Somehow I doubt it is "pra mai". It clearly refers to Prasle and Mainan, aka Plusle & Minun. As for it being only one file, it could have been simply a renamed Pichu file. That could explain why there is only one file called "Pra_Mai" instead of two files called "Pra" and "Mai".

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
In a box filled with peas 300 feet below ground
If Sakurai is going to add an Animal Crossing character, he might as well make a Nintendog playable, too.
Stop saying that!

Anywho, heres some cahracters that i've seen on this page, and lets see my opinion on them

Bomberman=yes
Toon Zelda=no
Toon Ganon=no
Toon Sheik=major no
Kamek-Nooo
Baby mario & Baby Luigi=yes
Plusle and Minun=no, lets not just add any old pokemon
Sukapon=maybe a WTF character, but I don't see much in his future
Animal Crosser=yes
Duck Hunt Dog=Major yes

There ya go...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ Kuma

Of course, if it wasn't "LOL programming issues", it must be "LOL time constraints".
For all we know, which isn't much, it might have been. Remember, just because something makes sense to you doesn't mean that it's true. At the very least, we can say there were some time constraints involved considering that Sakurai specifically referred to time constraints after the game was released. What exactly he wanted to put in, we may never know.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What do you mean, we may never know what Sakurai wanted to put in? Forbidden Seven ring a bell?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What do you mean, we may never know what Sakurai wanted to put in? Forbidden Seven ring a bell?
You're looking solely at characters, and just from stuff found in the game's scrapped data.

Are you forgetting that he may have had gameplay plans, stage plans, and other things as well that they didn't even get to put in the game at all?

Regarding characters, remember how Sonic was the one who got in because of the "poll?" It's quite possible that there were characters he had not considered when he finalized the roster (ie Krystal, Ridley, Saki) a year before requests were open. Therefore, like the other stuff, they may have never gotten in the form of game data like the Forbidden Seven.

Arc, I was also looking back regarding your post on Sonic. I don't think Sakurai hates Sonic. The reason Snake doesn't like Sonic is because hedgehogs eat snakes.

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
In a box filled with peas 300 feet below ground
What's wrong with Sonic anyways? He and Mario are two huge video game people, I don't understand why everyone hates him. In my opinion, the three really big video game icons are mario, sonic, and pac man.
Oh, and random, who thinks that one of Sonic's moves should include his rings, maybe the TV's, Y'know, liven up his moveset instead of JUSST HIM CHANGING INTO A BALL!!!! Maybe you guys would like him better if he had a better and more unique moveset...

spyrl-9

Smash Rookie
Forgive the ignorance but, being newer, I must ask: Who are the Forbidden Seven?

Also, thoughts on:
Megaman X (far more versatile and befitting -combat wise, than the original Blue Bomber)
Ridley
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Master Higgins

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Sakurai didn't add them in Brawl, he might or might not add them in the next game or the game after that.

Edit: The Forbidden Seven are the seven characters who were planned to be in Brawl but were scrapped from the game, as revealed by Brawl hackers. They are:

Dr. Mario
Roy
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Pra_Mai (most likely Plusle & Minun)
Toon Zelda
Toon Sheik (hopefully Tetra)

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
What about this little guy?

Jack Frost from Atlus' Megami Tensei franchise. He even made his debut on the NES.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@ Smashchu

What's the Japanese word for "random"? Somehow I doubt it is "pra mai". It clearly refers to Prasle and Mainan, aka Plusle & Minun. As for it being only one file, it could have been simply a renamed Pichu file. That could explain why there is only one file called "Pra_Mai" instead of two files called "Pra" and "Mai".
Pra mai can also translate to "every player." This is actually now the excepted theory on what it is. In total, why is may not be Plusle and Minun

-Popo and Nana have their own separate files. These characters do not
-The names are abbreviated. The only other character file with an abbreviated name is Zero Suit Samus, which is called "SZerosuit"
-We only know the first three letters of two names. It could easily be "Pickle Muffin"
-Pra Mai also means "every player"
-There is no data, otherwise, for the random box

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Sakurai didn't add them in Brawl, he might or might not add them in the next game or the game after that.
The same can be said for every character in existence. Thus, there's no point in trying to predict, passing off something as fact, or whatever you've been doing.

Regarding this whole Pra_Mai, is there a verified source on this translation or is it a guess gone horribly wrong? It bugs me a little that there would be romanized Japanese when mostly everything else from what we've seen is straight English. Also, if it was Japanese, wouldn't it be Pura_Mai unless they had a typo or something?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Smashchu, have you considered the possibility that the reason why Pra_Mai has only one file could be because it was simply a renamed Pichu file and that Sakurai simply didn't get the chance to make two separate files for Pra and Mai when he had to stop working on the Forbidden Seven to focus on adding Sonic into the game?

Also, if Zero Suit Samus can have an abbreviated name like SZerosuit, why is it that the notion that Pra_Mai could have been a renamed Pichu file and an abbreviated name for Plusle & Minun hard to conceive?

Edit: Kuma, there are some evidence that most characters added in Melee and Brawl were some of the top choices in Melee and/or Brawl polls. So how can you say that there is no point trying to predict something? I guess we learned nothing from history.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Edit: Kuma, there are some evidence that most characters added in Melee and Brawl were some of the top choices in Melee and/or Brawl polls. So how can you say that there is no point trying to predict something? I guess we learned nothing from history.
Oh, you can predict all you want, but I don't believe we have enough information to make an accurate prediction. Most of us have made some kind of prediction typically based on rumors, sales, fabled popularity in Japan, and other criteria, but, again, I don't think we're in any place to accurately predict.

BBQTV

Smash Master
What about this little guy?

Jack Frost from Atlus' Megami Tensei franchise. He even made his debut on the NES.
ah yes jack frost well i would so love him to be in alt would be black frost but since no one knows atlus i dont think he would work :(

spyrl-9

Smash Rookie
Again,
Without going through nearly 2000 pages of posts, what has the general consensus on these characters been:

Megaman X
Ridley
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Master Higgins

Just out of the movesets I myself put together, these seemed the better choices. Master Higgins, simply because of the nostalgia and greater former popularity and more appearances than Ice Climbers and Pit.
Others being Kamek, Zero, Darunia(or just Goron), and Dark Samus (who I would still love to fight with).

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
ah yes jack frost well i would so love him to be in alt would be black frost but since no one knows atlus i dont think he would work :(
I thought Megaten had gained a bit of mainstream recognition after the recent Persona PS2 games and Devil Survivor for the DS came out. Oh well :(

BBQTV

Smash Master
well they did but i dont think enough for smash

the problem is the fans would have never thought of that [im a fan and i didn't think of it

what you gotta do is spread the word kinda like choco/slime go to an atlus forum and see how is goes

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*sets himself on fire*

I hate talking about the forbidden seven. None of the characters are even relatively interesting... Aside from Roy and Mewtwo, they're not even a blip on the radar when it comes to general interest with the Smash fan base.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of some more things I want for Super Smash Bros. 4...........

- Dark Bowser (Bowser's Inside Story) as a color scheme for Bowser.

- Bowser's Inside Story final battle theme for Mario stages. PLEASE!!! XD

Final Smash Possibilities

Snack Basket (Luigi) - Like in the game, food falls from the sky. Try to eat all of it. The more you chow, the more damage you do. Every bit of food ate, guarantees a KO against your opponent. Morbidly Obese Luigi would look hilarious with SSB's more realistic approach.

Magic Window (Mario or Luigi) - Alright this one is a bit difficult to explain. What if, in the 4th Smash Bros., characters have more than one Final Smash? Mario and Luigi's smashes from Brawl could be the same but what if they had a new one as well? Here goes: if you're playing as Mario, you'll jump in a Magic Window after the FS has been activated. Mario and Luigi (CPU) would then continuously jump out of the windows and you have to use A for Mario and B for Luigi (like in Bowser's Inside Story) to stomp on your opponent. A and B pressed at the same time if both Mario AND Luigi jump out of the same window. And of course, if you're playing as Luigi and execute this attack, a computer-controlled Mario would assist you. It's my most favorite attack in that game; it's just so **** fun to use, especially if you keep getting past the "Excellent" point.

PsiStomp

Smash Rookie
*sets himself on fire*

I hate talking about the forbidden seven. None of the characters are even relatively interesting... Aside from Roy and Mewtwo, they're not even a blip on the radar when it comes to general interest with the Smash fan base.
I think that the forbidden 7 would be worth adding. But if the added roy, would they keep him like a clone of marth or change him :dizzy:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Smashchu, have you considered the possibility that the reason why Pra_Mai has only one file could be because it was simply a renamed Pichu file and that Sakurai simply didn't get the chance to make two separate files for Pra and Mai when he had to stop working on the Forbidden Seven to focus on adding Sonic into the game?

Also, if Zero Suit Samus can have an abbreviated name like SZerosuit, why is it that the notion that Pra_Mai could have been a renamed Pichu file and an abbreviated name for Plusle & Minun hard to conceive?
So, to try and prove your point, your making assumptions based on something neither you nor I know anything about.

The files were place holders. This is like making a folder on your computer and putting nothing in it. You'll put stuff in there eventually, but not always immediately. This is what they did with the Forbidden 7. Most of them have very little in there.

Now, can you say why it might be Plusel and Minun without using the word Pichu in the entire post?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Again,
Without going through nearly 2000 pages of posts, what has the general consensus on these characters been:

Megaman X
Ridley
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Master Higgins

Just out of the movesets I myself put together, these seemed the better choices. Master Higgins, simply because of the nostalgia and greater former popularity and more appearances than Ice Climbers and Pit.
Others being Kamek, Zero, Darunia(or just Goron), and Dark Samus (who I would still love to fight with).
MMX has brought up a few times, but the gerater majority of people prefer the original Mega Man, as do I.
Most people want Ridley in, but there are still those who do not think he could be added in due to technical reasons about his body shape and size.
Bomberman has a fair number of supporters, but generally isn't heavily requested. (I personally don't want to see him in)
Most people don't consider Simon Belmont due to the fact that Snake is in.
No one to my knowledge has even brought up Master Higgins.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Most people want Ridley in, but there are still those who do not think he could be added in due to technical reasons about his body shape and size.
Which should not be an issue. Who are these people? I need to send them a few things.

BBQTV

Smash Master
theirs people outside the forum who think that ridley couldnt work

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Who I'd like to see in a new installment of Smash Bros.:

Mario Series:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
?-Honestly, I can't think of anyone worth putting in. Maybe Toad, but Peach already uses one >.>

Wario Series:
Wario
Waluigi

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi
Bowser Jr.
White Shy Guy (??? I dunno. Randomly added him haha ^.^)

Donkey Kong Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixi Kong
King K. Rool--He is SO disserving, I don't know why people think otherwise!

Legend of Zelda Series:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Zant/Midna--I'm not too familiar witht the LoZ series, but I am just saying that Midna is cool ^.^

Kirby Series:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Paint Roller--A WTF random character. I just threw him in, he's not really on my wish list. ^.^ He'd be better as a boss or AT, I know.

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo/Lucario--I think Lucario would be a good pick, because he's a representative of the new gen., however Mewtwo was just so awesome :( If it weren't for the fact Nintendo'd never allow anything to have more reps than Mario, I'd say both. Alas, twas not meant to be.

Star Fox Series:
Fox
Falco
Crystal*--I don't care for her, but the Star Fox series is short one rep. Why not?
Wolf
*If not her, Leon. Leon's bad @$$ ^.^

F-Zero Series:
Captain Falcon
???--I don't know anything about the F-Zero series. So if there's a villain or second protagonist (or both), throw them in.

Fire Emblem Series:
Marth
Ike
Roy--I don't care if he's a clone if we have enough other characters. ^.^

Earthbound Series:
Ness
Lucas
???--A villain, if possible.

Pikmin Series:
Olimar
Louie--that's his name right? But would they be clones.....? Eh, same thing I said about Roy ealier applies here as well.

Kid Icarus Series:
Pit
Medusa--As boss or something.

Metroid Series:
Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus (possibly?)/A hunter from Hunters (I dunno which)

Metal Gear Series:
Snake
???--Gray Fox or whatever his name was?

Ice Climbers Series:
Ice Climbers
Eggplant--Just kidding.

WTF Characters:
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
--Any suggestions?

BBQTV

Smash Master
i didn't even read the whole thing and im bugged

big no=waluigi is not from wario

big no=boswer jr is not from yoshi

EDIT: it looks like that took awhile and here i am calling it **** :laugh:

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
It didn't take that long. ^.^

Waluigi, while not from any Wario game (except Warioware, right?), would be placed in Wario's category just because.... welp, he usually is placed with Wario.

About Bowser Jr., does he appear as the main bad guy in Yoshi's Story? I know he does in Mario Bros. as well, but categorizing him under Yoshi is just a way of diversifying the Mario staff a bit. Because technically, Wario and Yoshi are Mario characters at heart (and Mario is a DK character, or vice-versa if you wanna get reallllly technical).

I also realized I didn't add too many characters to that list. >.> I left several series' unchanged completely.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Waluigi made a tiny one time cameo apperance in one WW game, but outside of that nothing. In Brawl he was placed under the Mario section isntead of the Wario one, so no he wouldn't be there with Wario.

Bowser Jr has nearly the exact same design as Baby Bowser, so its understandable that there is some confusion. In spite of this, Baby Bowser is the final boss of Yoshi's Story/Island, as those games take place in the past. Bowser Jr is from the present games where Bowser has grown up and has had a kid. It would be pretty illogical for Bowser's son to be fighting a baby version of Mario, wouldn't it?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Oooooh oops ^.^ I see.

Well, I suppose adding Waluigi under Mario's and putting Bowser Jr. in there would give Mario more rep, in turn allowing more rep for other series--so hurray!

(Thanks for the clear-up)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
When was this!?
He shows up in the background of one of the microgames and that's it. I can't remember which one it was, but I think it was either the original or the GCN one (though I think those may be the same thing) In any case, I think Samus has shown up more in the WW series, so it'd make more sense to throw her in with that group than Waluigi.

BBQTV

Smash Master
doesn't pokemon out rep mario

pikachu

char

squirt

saur

lucario

jiggs

mario,luigi,peach,bowser

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
Who I'd like to see in a new installment of Smash Bros.:

Mario Series:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
?-Honestly, I can't think of anyone worth putting in. Maybe Toad, but Peach already uses one >.> Bowser Jr?

Wario Series:
Wario
Waluigi No. He doesn't deserve a spot. That and he isn't a Wario character.

Yoshi Series:
Yoshi
Bowser Jr. Bowser Jr. is a Mario character. Baby Bowser is a Yoshi character.
White Shy Guy (??? I dunno. Randomly added him haha ^.^) Kamek?

Donkey Kong Series:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixi Kong
King K. Rool--He is SO disserving, I don't know why people think otherwise!

Legend of Zelda Series:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Zant/Midna--I'm not too familiar witht the LoZ series, but I am just saying that Midna is cool ^.^ Hell to the no. There is no way in hell that Midna or Zant would warrant a spot on the roster over characters like tingle.

Kirby Series:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Paint Roller--A WTF random character. I just threw him in, he's not really on my wish list. ^.^ He'd be better as a boss or AT, I know. Three Kirby characters is more than enough thanks.

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo/Lucario--I think Lucario would be a good pick, because he's a representative of the new gen., however Mewtwo was just so awesome :( If it weren't for the fact Nintendo'd never allow anything to have more reps than Mario, I'd say both. Alas, twas not meant to be.

Star Fox Series:
Fox
Falco
Crystal*--I don't care for her, but the Star Fox series is short one rep. Why not?
Wolf
*If not her, Leon. Leon's bad @$$ ^.^

F-Zero Series:
Captain Falcon
???--I don't know anything about the F-Zero series. So if there's a villain or second protagonist (or both), throw them in. Black Shaaaaaaddooooooow.

Fire Emblem Series:
Marth
Ike
Roy--I don't care if he's a clone if we have enough other characters. ^.^

Earthbound Series:
Ness
Lucas
???--A villain, if possible. Too many characters for such a small franchise. Hell, two was pushing it, three is outrageous.

Pikmin Series:
Olimar
Louie--that's his name right? But would they be clones.....? Eh, same thing I said about Roy ealier applies here as well. No.

Kid Icarus Series:
Pit
Medusa--As boss or something.Again no.

Metroid Series:
Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus (possibly?)/A hunter from Hunters (I dunno which)

Metal Gear Series:
Snake
???--Gray Fox or whatever his name was?

Ice Climbers Series:
Ice Climbers
Eggplant--Just kidding.

WTF Characters:
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
--Any suggestions?
I'm not one to be picky, but that is a pretty ridiculous roster. Where's the new franchises? The characters that aren't completely unreasonable? Why is there no Sonic? Why is Waluigi in the Wario section, or in the roster at all? And why Midna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom