• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Why use Tetra when you can use one of those phantom armors?

Anyways, Vaati's human-ish form has only been in one game, and again it was used in a villain role, which generally doesn't get as much focus as the type of role Midna had. Thus I think its the pure amount of exposure that Midna had in her one game that pushes her chances over Vaati. (Though don't get me wrong, I really doubt she'll have a chance unless she somehow sneaks into Zelda Wii)
Good point.... But I still don't know for TZ... I don't think it would be really for her. Tetra I think comes first

Well the only way Vaati would be in is if he uses his human form thing. I will admit that MC is one of the few LOZs that I have not played. Though I have played all other TL games (including the Vaati ones, FS and FSA). I thought Vaati made a good villian. Though I didn't play MC, I saw my friend play a few of the parts (dungeons I guess) including the last one with Vaati. Midna would be fine as an AT for me.
Speaking of her, how are you suggesting she be used?

Blue-Lightning

Smash Rookie
So why not just have Link's Down Special be "Ocarina of Time" and transform him into Young Toon Link? Down Special in Young Toon Link is "Ocarina of Time" and changes him back to Adult Link. Adult fires arrows, young throws bombs. Make one light and quick, one heavy and slower, and boom... strategy in which one you're going to play at a given time. Give each one a different Super Smash, but both the same Final Smash.

Problem solved.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Phantom armor wouldn't make sense. If you've played Spirit Tracks, you'd know why.

I still don't understand this whole recent crap you've got going on. If the character's popular, there's a good chance it will make it into the next Super Smash Bros. The way I see it, Midna is the next Sheik. Sheik hasn't appeared in another game since Ocarina of Time, but she is still a popular character even without her Smash popularity. Heck, you could also apply this to the other characters from Ocarina of Time like Saria.
Hmm? What exactly is the problem? I admit I have not gotten that far into Spirit Tracks (Just got the second map.) but the fact that the phantom armor can actually fight seems to put it over Tetra. Is it because its only supposed to be in that one temple or something? If so, I don't really think that something like that is much of a limitation.

The reason I think Sheik was added in was probably neither being recent or popular, but rather the best character to test out a new transforming character concept with. To that end, I don't really think Midna has much of a chance unless she shows up in another game. This isn't a matter of being recent here, but rather just proving the character is popular enough to get another game. Otherwise you may as well give the next role to the sword girl in the new Zelda Wii game, since odds are she will get a good deal of fans too, and they are both equal in popularity, then it would likely lead to the newer one being selected.

@ PMM

She could float around, or ride Wolf Link. Either could technically work.

@BL

That's really not a good idea.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
I under stand you now. If you've already beat TP (which I think most have) you'll know why I asked that question. Wolf Link... I don't really know how I feel about him. I don't think he should get a spot. Midna as the little (Imp I guess?) that rides your back telling you what to do and that warps you around. I don't think she really starts deserving a spot until the end of TP. That's also where she pretty much does most of what she can.

The reason I'd pick Vaati over Midna (any kind) is at least one thing: When I want to do a fun match up I'd do Ike VS Marth, Link VS Ganon, and maybe some others. I am not too good with Link (he got heavy) I'm okayish with Ganon, and good with Ike. Ike and Toon Link are mey two favorites. Ike has a match. TL does not. Ganon doesn't really work too well with him. Vaati would be a great match for TL. I think we just need a few more villians on the roster as well. [I mean look at the choices: Bowser, DDD, Wario, Wolf and Ganon (unless you also count MK) They're all pretty heavy and slowish Vaati would be as light (probably) Toon Link]

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
a few things i want to see in ssb4
1.all the charcters that were taken out of brawl that were in melee should be back in ssb4
2.i would like to see more assit trophie charecters
3.give toon link a diffrent moveset so he is not a clone
4.more 3rd party support nintendo should actually ask 3rd party companies unlike with brawl were they just waited for companies coming to them mega man simon belmont and cloud strife should be in
5.a voice chat for online modes andthe abillity to play adventure classic all star ect with friends online

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
also i would like to see more bosses skull kid and the moon would be cool
and costumes of alternate forms on charcters i would love to see fierce deity link

SwedishChef

Smash Cadet
Let's see here... For characters I'd want to see Mewtwo come back (The rest I really don't care about 'cept for Pichu), and I want to see Waluigi be more than a lousy AT. More villains like Ridley, K. Rool, Bowser Jr, and maybe another Zelda villain (Zant? idk). A Bowser's Castle stage would be nice (I'm surprised they haven't made one by now =/), and King Dedede's boxing ring would be cool.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I under stand you now. If you've already beat TP (which I think most have) you'll know why I asked that question. Wolf Link... I don't really know how I feel about him. I don't think he should get a spot. Midna as the little (Imp I guess?) that rides your back telling you what to do and that warps you around. I don't think she really starts deserving a spot until the end of TP. That's also where she pretty much does most of what she can.

The reason I'd pick Vaati over Midna (any kind) is at least one thing: When I want to do a fun match up I'd do Ike VS Marth, Link VS Ganon, and maybe some others. I am not too good with Link (he got heavy) I'm okayish with Ganon, and good with Ike. Ike and Toon Link are mey two favorites. Ike has a match. TL does not. Ganon doesn't really work too well with him. Vaati would be a great match for TL. I think we just need a few more villians on the roster as well. [I mean look at the choices: Bowser, DDD, Wario, Wolf and Ganon (unless you also count MK) They're all pretty heavy and slowish Vaati would be as light (probably) Toon Link]
Well its all well and good that you choose your matchup like that, but that's really not what Smash is about. Its not about replicating old fights from the games, but making new fights with characters from different series. That's why I think any villain that gets in should be one that is popular outside of the fact that they are the villain of a hero. The the reason you're saying Vaati should get in is just that he's a specific character's villain rather than anything else. (Thus its just a villain for the sake of villains thing)

@ Ninka

Use the edit button next time.

@ MD

A LoZ phantom isn't a ghost. Its just a walking suit of armor.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Well its all well and good that you choose your matchup like that, but that's really not what Smash is about. Its not about replicating old fights from the games, but making new fights with characters from different series. That's why I think any villain that gets in should be one that is popular outside of the fact that they are the villain of a hero. The the reason you're saying Vaati should get in is just that he's a specific character's villain rather than anything else. (Thus its just a villain for the sake of villains thing)
It's not the only reason, more of a plus 1, ya know? The match up with TL could be used in the story mode if needed too. And like I said for some reason not many (if any) of the villians are light weight or fast at all. It'd be nice for a change.

He also has moveset potential and fans/popularity. Like the Skull Kid VS Vaati. There wouldn't be a "VS" if Vaati didn't have his share of supporters.
He's interesting and he'd be light and fast.
The match-ups are just fun when you're (At least when I get) tired of Ike VS Random, Toon Link VS Random.

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
-Unimportant compared to other Wario supporting characters (Syrup, Mona, Jimmy T)
-Even those supporting characters are debateable by far.
Pipe Dream.

+ You really want her voice to be like the one in the song? :laugh:
I'm not speaking out against you personally when I say this, so keep that in mind:

I love how people just quickly dismiss all Wario characters when it comes to this game, and only say that Mona or Jimmy T. are the only ones possible (or sometimes Kat and Ana.) The WarioWare team doesn't really have a chain of importance, although I do think that if we DO get another Wario-related character, it would end up being Captain Syrup due to her being the villain of the series. A lot of people say Mona because she's the character you unlock after Wario, and Jimmy T. after her. I don't see why that even matters.

As for Pipe Dream ... There are so many things I could say in response, but most of them would have me sounding like a jerk and that's what I DON'T want here.

And GOD NO on that last one, Nintendo made an extremely stupid mistake not getting Ashley's original English VA to sing it.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
We're goin Wario now? I'd resume the Vaati if ever but this is good for now.

I don't know much about Wario. One thing I don't get though is how everybody fusses over Jimmy T. being one of the most important WW characters. Mona seems like the most important to me then Ashley seems like she could have a good moveset. But then (I don't keep track to easily with Wario) wasn't the last Wario game a Wario Land? Syrup might take priority over WW simply because of main villian (right?) and latest appearence. So I guess it would be: Syrup, Mona, Ashley as of spots? Syrup and Mona could be tied but I guess Ashley would be second since the first two could bw debated.
What moves would you give Jimmy T. anyways?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'm not speaking out against you personally when I say this, so keep that in mind:
It's fine; As I have said,, I don't hate unique suggestions at all even If they have no/little shot, and you get points for not saying "FEMALE ROSTER LOL" (Tho arguing ashley for Wario with that would be really stupid)

Wario stuff
But what for starters makes Ashley stand out compared to the others? On the other hand, Mona has appeared in every single WW Game last I recall and is practically the "Ware" Character asides from Wario.

And GOD NO on that last one, Nintendo made an extremely stupid mistake not getting Ashley's original English VA to sing it.
Which brings me to the potential scary possibility of that. Not that It's incredibly high or anything but...

Paper Mario Master said:
What moves would you give Jimmy T. anyways?
I made a moveset awhile ago, but I can gladly make a more in-depth one.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
You're right, you said "inviNsible". Maybe the Phantom could be her FS. I don't know what else it would be.

@3 Koopa, I don't think an in depth set is needed, just an idea of how he'd work. Mona is probably most likely though. Over Syrup and Ashley... And any other characters someone can come up with. I'd rather see her in than anyone else honestly

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
You're right, you said "inviNsible". Maybe the Phantom could be her FS. I don't know what else it would be.

@3 Koopa, I don't think an in depth set is needed, just an idea of how he'd work. Mona is probably most likely though. Over Syrup and Ashley... And any other characters someone can come up with. I'd rather see her in than anyone else honestly
Something not in-depth? Dancing/Disco, Cell Phones, Hypnotized cats. There's some stuff.

I still really agree. We'll be lucky just to get Mona and/or Syrup in the first place.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Oh okay. The only Wario game I own is Smooth Moves. As weird/messed up/joke-ish the Wario series may be, that might be going too far (no offence Jimmy T. supporters) But yeah, we'll barely get Mona... or Syrup.

So does that close up that?

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
And I would believe you if you offered some shred of evidence. All you do is make vague allusions to gaming magazines, without ever pointing out something to support your point of view, and then get all outraged when we don't believe you. It's not impossible that that the Smash series would end, but Nintendo has a history of milking a popular franchise for all it's worth, and it would seem fairly illogical for them not to continue making Smash games when Melee was the best-selling GC game and Brawl was ~5th best-selling Wii game. Also, I don't believe I noticed anything in Brawl indicative of an end to the series.

If you would like to cite some sources/examples, I'd be glad to listen. But you're not doing that.
1. I didn't say magazine anywhere.
2.You don't have sources.
3.Ask Nintendo yourself.
5.All evidence IN THE GAME. Point to the end. Examples:Sonic and Snakes appearence, the fact theres an option to view old nintendo titles by name. The end of story mode, The fact that you can view all the trophies at once on a table.
The fact that THE END is actually in this game, melee and 64 didn't have this, and the fact you can play through some of the chars games via masterpiece. There's also the main fact that the game tells you something interesting when you get all collectable items, and beat everything on the hardest difficulty. Oh, and execuse my typing, Using wii ya know.

There's more as well.

Also, as mentioned above, there isn't evidence of a new one. Brawl itself is a source of it not hapoening. That is all. Questions?
Edit: only an idiot would think a that it's illogical to stop continuing a series after good selks. But if

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
3.Ask Nintendo yourself.
5.All evidence IN THE GAME. Point to the end. Examples:Sonic and Snakes appearence, the fact theres an option to view old nintendo titles by name. The end of story mode, The fact that you can view all the trophies at once on a table.
The fact that THE END is actually in this game, melee and 64 didn't have this, and the fact you can play through some of the chars games via masterpiece. There's also the main fact that the game tells you something interesting when you get all collectable items, and beat everything on the hardest difficulty. Oh, and execuse my typing, Using wii ya know.

There's more as well.

Also, as mentioned above, there isn't evidence of a new one. Brawl itself is a source of it not hapoening. That is all. Questions?
1.Sonic and Snake have nothing to do with anything.
2.So...? You can view old Nintendo titles. Yay! Woohoo. I don't get it.
3.Couldn't you view all the trophies at once in Melee? Oh yeah, I think you could.
4.The reason for "The End" was that Brawl had a story unlike the other two. The game didn't reset after you saw "The End" did it? Pretty sure Twilight Princess made you start from your last save.
5.Masterpieces are all coincedentally on the Virtual Console. Advertisment much?
6.I have not yet done everything in Brawl. So I know nothing of this message.
7. Just because there's no evidence of a new one (which there might be) doesn't mean that there won't be.

Doesn't Nintendo like money? If they do, why is there any reason for them not to make an SSB4?

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
Yet, you don't have a Final Fantasy character or any SE character seperate on your roster. You do know that Geno's not the most viable choice for SE, right?
This is true. For argument's sake, Cloud, Leon, hell, even Sephiroth could be a competitor(despite the fact that Sephi's sword is 7 feet long >_>;; )

Also do me a favor and do what RickyPro did; stop listing veterans.
Good point.

-Unimportant compared to other Wario supporting characters (Syrup, Mona, Jimmy T)
-Even those supporting characters are debateable by far.
Pipe Dream.
Wario simply doesn't have enough stand-alone games to prove that his supporting cast is possible for SSB.

+ You really want her voice to be like the one in the song? :laugh:
That voice grates against my eardrums. I would hate it if that singer was Ashley's VA.

You win points for not including veterans.
Ninten MAY not be a veteran, BUT HE'S STILL NESS.[/very quick rant]

This however goes to all of you about Female characters:

But instead of containing something about the Mother characters I support, this goes to all of you: Sure Smash may have a small number of females as playable, but there's such a small pool to pick from in the first place. Furthermore, there's a small pool on the ones that are actually worthy of a slot in there perspective series. No, Rosalina shouldn't be playable over Jr or Toad for having boobs.

Furthermore, you may run around and scream "SEXIST" All you want but adding in other characters "Less worthy" As opposed to other competition is being just as or more sexist.

tl;dr: No. If you're going to make a non-serious Mother suggestion, at least know the females IN Mother. Furthermore, don't suggest characters on the basis of just being female; That goes to all of you.
This is an important issue. I totally agree with Koopa when he says that there are so few females that have enough actual fighting ability to be included. And about Rosalina, I'm not supporting her being in SSB4 because she's female, I'm supporting her because she has potential. And, feel free to contradict me here, but Shadow Queen from PM:tTYD also has potential. If asked for, I'll provide the examples of potential they have. Anyway, I digress.

To all of you who think that few female characters is sexist, you're partially right. You're right in the sense that females often portray the damsel-in-distress who sits in the castle tower all day, moping until the big, strong man comes and saves her. This is because it's always been this way because video game companies don't want to stray from the main idea because they're afraid a game that's the other way around won't sell. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Super Princess Peach very popular? I think it was and this may be one, or the only one game that the princess saved the hero. The only reason that there aren't many playable females in Smash is because there are so few that have shown their potential. For a good female character that belongs in Smash, look at Peach for example. She was in several games that showed that she could fight. She was in her own game(though nothing she did in that game made it into Brawl), was in Super Mario Bros. 2 and had a playable role, which is where most of her abilities in Smash come from, Paper Mario where she had a story playable after each of Mario's chapters-this is where her parasol originated from-, PM:tTYD, where she had another playable role after each Mario chapter, and finally, Super Paper Mario. As a little fun fact, the color of her Brawl parasol is actually an homage to Super Paper Mario. These are some examples of Peach's potential.

If you didn't want critism, you came to the wrong thread.
Don't be so hard on the guy.

I see you've taken care of cleaning up the thread on your own for a while, Pie. :D
Ditto.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Smash 4 hasn't actually been confirmed, but It's pretty dang likely. I'm going to sound a bit rude when typing this, but I've had a very "Off" Day.

only an idiot would think a that it's illogical to stop continuing a series after good sells. But if
Uh, do you know for five seconds what company you're talking about? Let me make a list If "Sells good" Wasn't convincing enough for you:
1) Brawl is on the Top 50 best selling games of all time (Discluding multiplatformer, 39 last time I checked, I think)
2) Brawl is the top selling fighting game.
3) Brawl, Smash 64, and Melee all sold very well for there perspective consoles.
4) The sales have gone up - It's not like other series where they were once popular but then sales went down. The sales have only went up.

So It's more than just "Some sales charts" We're looking at. It's very huge in Popularity, which with fans being vocal about some things very off beat in brawl (You may like the game but others have the correct words to hate Online), it certainly has enough to warrant a sequel just on that alone, even without Sakurai.

Nintendo has a long history of either doing the following:
1) Making new IP's that have the tendancy to not have many games, yet sometimes fanbases
2) Milking itself off of It's top selling Franchises.

Smash is sure as heck coming close to being a "Top Franchise". Nintendo has never quit working on there true top of the todem poles.

Moving on...

You don't have sources.
Ask nintendo yourself
There's your charts

I'm not going to link any further as the navigation there is easy to figure out.

I don't know about the "Ask nintendo yourself" But If you're actually doubting there long history of doing that, do more research. A lot of the most hyped titles recently are from Mario, LoZ, Pokemon, and Metroid. Gee, that sure as heck means they don't go by sales. Looking at past info? Nope!

...Yeah, no.

All evidence IN THE GAME. Point to the end. Examples:Sonic and Snakes appearence, the fact theres an option to view old nintendo titles by name. The end of story mode, The fact that you can view all the trophies at once on a table.
Your logic is "It says the end" Which could very well just mean The End of Story Mode. Let's be noted Final Fantasy X Had "The End" Imprinted on it. Yeah, that sure as heck was the ending, which is why I shouldn't be seeing FF X-2 copies on shelves.

...Oh, wait.

Furthermore:
-Sonic and Snake's appearence means death? That means expanding on the roster.
There's no sign saying "IT'S THE END" There when it comes to those characters.
-Viewing Titles is an option or just a cool add. Would trophies in Melee then mean death?
-Masterpieces is something to get to know the series and advertisement.
-And what does it tell you? Oh gee, It told me something too when I unlocked all the characters in Melee.

I'm not seeing how this adds up much at all.

Also, as mentioned above, there isn't evidence of a new one.
n88_2004 said:
It's not impossible that that the Smash series would end
Congratulations for not reading the arguement fully and instead, just trying to throw out stuff on why you don't think there will be a fourth game at all for sure when he's saying how It's very logical how one will probably happen.

Yay hypocritical arguements.

Also be noted, your info is just as indirect.

Oh, here's one more thing: The main person who judges this is Sakurai. He even said in an interview (someone else can go fetch it) That sometime down the road If he got asked to, he would gladly go for another one..

Brawl itself is a source of it not hapoening.
Really? The things in brawl with what it started heavily make me disagree. If there's truly so much more you have to say, list it, but be sure to add in how it all actually caps up to you thinking there won't be one.

Questions?
How do you ignore sales charts, Nintendo's past history, Past events, what Sakurai has said recently, and just mindlessly go off a few things in the game?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Hate to double post but...

This is true. For argument's sake, Cloud, Leon, hell, even Sephiroth could be a competitor(despite the fact that Sephi's sword is 7 feet long >_>;; )
As a huge fan of the series, I really think If they're to pick someone, any of the protaginists just won't make the cut. Sure you can with Fire Emblem, but those characters aren't nearly as popular and have priority/no fan backlash over others asides from sales. On the other hand, every protaginist in FF Hasn't reoccured to the main series.

The best option to me seems like the Black Mage/Chocobo since those are things reoccuring in the series. I've had my idea of a Black Mage riding on a Chocobo, or very well, a Slime from Dragon Quest doing so.

Wario simply doesn't have enough stand-alone games to prove that his supporting cast is possible for SSB.
-Wario Land 1-4
-Wario World
-Wario Shake It!
-8 Warioware games (Or something like that)

say wat.

Ninten MAY not be a veteran, BUT HE'S STILL NESS.[/very quick rant]
...Ok; I agree there. :laugh:

Yeah, Shadow Queen may have potential. To be personally honest, Paper Mario: TTYD Is my favorite GC Game, and furthermore, one of my most favorite games of all time. I'm just however stating, we should go by importance more importantly. How well do they par up compared to the current characters in the roster from the series? How well do they par up against competition?

For instance, Krystal pars up far better to Star Fox than Rosalina does to Mario.

That being said, I don't feel It's sexist since they're going with what works best for each series instead of shoeing in to fill a category, I still however think it would be nice to see some of the few more important characters from Ninty's female branch.

Don't be so hard on the guy.
Well, people aren't really being hard on him in the first place. They're just stating there opinions, and If he can't handle that, then this may not be an appropriate thread.

...Especially If you look back in this thread.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Third Koopa. That all makes sense and moast of it we both said. I completely forgot about the whole "somewhere down the road" thing. And don'tchya just love same-time posts?

@ Jackandsig, Why are you here in the first place if your just gonna say that something's not gonna happen even when it has a good chance. I mean, we're discussing SSB4 here not why it will/won't happen.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 hasn't actually been confirmed, but It's pretty dang likely. I'm going to sound a bit rude when typing this, but I've had a very "Off" Day.

Uh, do you know for five seconds what company you're talking about? Let me make a list If "Sells good" Wasn't convincing enough for you:
1) Brawl is on the Top 50 best selling games of all time (Discluding multiplatformer, 39 last time I checked, I think)
2) Brawl is the top selling fighting game.
3) Brawl, Smash 64, and Melee all sold very well for there perspective consoles.
4) The sales have gone up - It's not like other series where they were once popular but then sales went down. The sales have only went up.

So It's more than just "Some sales charts" We're looking at. It's very huge in Popularity, which with fans being vocal about some things very off beat in brawl (You may like the game but others have the correct words to hate Online), it certainly has enough to warrant a sequel just on that alone, even without Sakurai.

Nintendo has a long history of either doing the following:
1) Making new IP's that have the tendancy to not have many games, yet sometimes fanbases
2) Milking itself off of It's top selling Franchises.

Smash is sure as heck coming close to being a "Top Franchise". Nintendo has never quit working on there true top of the todem poles.

Moving on...

There's your charts

I'm not going to link any further as the navigation there is easy to figure out.

I don't know about the "Ask nintendo yourself" But If you're actually doubting there long history of doing that, do more research. A lot of the most hyped titles recently are from Mario, LoZ, Pokemon, and Metroid. Gee, that sure as heck means they don't go by sales. Looking at past info? Nope!

...Yeah, no.

Your logic is "It says the end" Which could very well just mean The End of Story Mode. Let's be noted Final Fantasy X Had "The End" Imprinted on it. Yeah, that sure as heck was the ending, which is why I shouldn't be seeing FF X-2 copies on shelves.

...Oh, wait.

Furthermore:
-Sonic and Snake's appearence means death? That means expanding on the roster.
There's no sign saying "IT'S THE END" There when it comes to those characters.
-Viewing Titles is an option or just a cool add. Would trophies in Melee then mean death?
-Masterpieces is something to get to know the series and advertisement.
-And what does it tell you? Oh gee, It told me something too when I unlocked all the characters in Melee.

I'm not seeing how this adds up much at all.

Congratulations for not reading the arguement fully and instead, just trying to throw out stuff on why you don't think there will be a fourth game at all for sure when he's saying how It's very logical how one will probably happen.

Yay hypocritical arguements.

Also be noted, your info is just as indirect.

Oh, here's one more thing: The main person who judges this is Sakurai. He even said in an interview (someone else can go fetch it) That sometime down the road If he got asked to, he would gladly go for another one..

Really? The things in brawl with what it started heavily make me disagree. If there's truly so much more you have to say, list it, but be sure to add in how it all actually caps up to you thinking there won't be one.

How do you ignore sales charts, Nintendo's past history, Past events, what Sakurai has said recently, and just mindlessly go off a few things in the game?
Final Fantasy usualky restarts with al, new characters. Therefore having "The end" Makes sence. Sales don't make people continue games all the time. Infact, sales actually delay nintendo making them think if THEY SHOULD make a sequel or not. Honestly, most of your post isn't thought very well. "Ask nintendo yourself" was actually series. I did. The Masterpieces are there for advertising as well. They usually don't do that. Also, don't forget this is a fighting game.

You can see all trophies you got on a table. The shelf behind it has past nintendo products.

The list of games basically is saying end when they also list games that TECHNICALLY have nothing to do with nin like popye. I also notice you didn't argue against my other points. Also, it'd be best if a fan-boy didn't argue against me.

I'll let ya'll have your imaginations. But if a actual new game is being made, and I'm wrong. I 100% guranteed it won't be a sequel. Probably a DS game. But all points to unlikilyhood. But hey, I'm only 92.78% that I'm right.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
You can see all trophies you got on a table. The shelf behind it has past nintendo products.

The list of games basically is saying end when they also list games that TECHNICALLY have nothing to do with nin like popye. I also notice you didn't argue against my other points. Also, it'd be best if a fan-boy didn't argue against me.

I'll let ya'll have your imaginations. But if a actual new game is being made, and I'm wrong. I 100% guranteed it won't be a sequel. Probably a DS game. But all points to unlikilyhood. But hey, I'm only 92.78% that I'm right.
1.Technically, each Smash starts with some new characters. Link, Ganon, and Zelda are all different from Melee. The "The End" once again didn't pop up everytime you did something, only the end of the STORY.
2.And also once again, Melee had the exact same thing for the trophies. And what does that have to do with it anyways?
3.We're forgeting that this is a fighting game? No. It's Super Smash Bros. Not an average fighting game. So everything in it is not likely to be like other fighting games. Like the Cronicle, Masterpiece, and Trophies.

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
3.Ask Nintendo yourself.

There's more as well.

Edit: only an idiot would think a that it's illogical to stop continuing a series after good selks. But if
1. Doesn't matter.
2.ThirdKoopa posted them.
3. Honestly, I don't have to.
4. Oh, wow.
4a. Uhhhhh...when did this point out that there's no SSB4? Never, last time I checked.
4b. That's just a source of nostagia for those old enough to have played those games.
4c. The end of THAT story mode. There's no saying that in the extremely plausible SSB4, there will or won't be a story mode.
4d. Melee. Replay, pl0x.
4e. *facepalm* "THE END" doesn't necessarily mean the end of the series. Literal much?
4f. Again, it's nostalgic for those who have played those games before.
4g. So? Melee + All Chars Unlocked = Special Message
5. Show us what else there is. We'll counter it.

Lastly, yes there is. Sakurai said in an interview that he didn't get all of what he wanted in there into the game. It infers that there'll be another Smash Bros. with everything, or at least more of what he wanted.

Seriously, use more sources than just the game itself. IF you can present plausible evidence, we'll take you seriously. Until then, gtfo.

Edit:
Final Fantasy usualky restarts with al, new characters. Therefore having "The end" Makes sence. Sales don't make people continue games all the time. Infact, sales actually delay nintendo making them think if THEY SHOULD make a sequel or not. Honestly, most of your post isn't thought very well. "Ask nintendo yourself" was actually series. I did. The Masterpieces are there for advertising as well. They usually don't do that. Also, don't forget this is a fighting game.
Hmm...last time I checked, FF =/= SSB and Square Enix =/= Nintendo. They are different companies with different employers and employees, different ideas, and very different game series. These employers and employees want money. How do they get money? Good sales. How do they get good sales? Making good games, and many of them being sequels to successful games. The world's a rat race. Everyone's out to get money. It's human nature. However you say it, the companies make more to earn more. If they don't make more, they earn less. The main reason they make more, which leads to making more money, is catering to the consumers' wants. If the consumers want a sequel to a popular game, chances are that they'll make the sequel. They do this because if they don't make it, they'll earn less money. On another note, the Masterpieces aren't advertisements. Sakurai knew that these games were popular, so he decided to put samples of them in Brawl. And so what if this is a fighting game? What difference does that make?

Again, PLAY MELEE.

*facepalm* You're using in-game examples. Does not compute. Your spelling is also atrocious, even for someone using the Wii. If I could understand what the hell you're typing I'd be able to properly argue with you. Also, WHOOPS, I could be considered a fanboy, so too late.

Seriously? DS? You're sh*tting me. Also, 92.78%? A bit too precise to be taken seriously. Again, all of WHAT points to unlikelyhood!? In-game subjects? THOSE DON'T MATTER. You're not really paying attention to anything but Brawl. Go play Melee, read an interview with Sakurai, or read magazine articles and then we'll talk. I'm tired of you using things from the game to prove a point. We've clearly got evidence to counter you. Try real life stuff.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
Above, A fanboy who doesn't look before posting. Oh and Paper Mario, obviously I meant all new characters. . Yay. Ask Nintendo. None of ye have done dat.

But since this place is a nin-fanboy paradise, Capcom and Square wouldn't be chosen for it. Even if FF and Megaman do seem like candidates, either would cause disater. Btw, I read this thread a bit and mentioning American game candidates for the I SSB4 is ********. I would post what I laughed at but Wiis can't do much. The PS3 and PSP can't do jack either.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Above, A fanboy who doesn't look before posting. Oh and Paper Mario, obviously I meant all new characters. . Yay. Ask Nintendo. None of ye have done dat.

But since this place is a nin-fanboy paradise, Capcom and Square wouldn't be chosen for it. Even if FF and Megaman do seem like candidates, either would cause disater. Btw, I read this thread a bit and mentioning American game candidates for the I SSB4 is ********. I would post what I laughed at but Wiis can't do much. The PS3 and PSP can't do jack either.
We're smarter than to ask them. If we do, do you honestly think that they will tell us anything? Why would they tell a few random people about their plans? Why would they care any more for E-Mail #346 about SSB4? Oh yes they won't reveal much at all if any to the public but they'll tell a bunch of speculaters what they're gonna do. That, my friend, makes perfect sense.

What's your problem anyways?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Man, what an awful time to have a forced vacation. I can't even bring myself to finish reading some of these posts.

Probably the most annoying thing is people making bold statements about series they have no understanding of. Usually Wario and F-Zero. For shame, friends.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
New guy's more ignorant on this than most of the past arguements.

Boys, we've found our temporary entertainment.

Final Fantasy usualky restarts with al, new characters. Therefore having "The end" Makes sence.
Final Fantasy X And X-2 are however, linked in story completely. X-2 is the walking zombie sequel of X, yet at the end of X, it said "The End".

You still have nothing with that point. Chances are, there's been more games that have had direct sequels. Furthermore, how the heck do we even know the next game will cannon off of Subspace Emissary? Now that's just leading into assumptions.

Sales don't make people continue games all the time. Infact, sales actually delay nintendo making them think if THEY SHOULD make a sequel or not.

If that's the case, why are Nintendo's top franchises still running on the top of the totem pole mostly these days? We have a rumored Wii Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy 2, HG/SS, and Metroid: Other M Running around causing a lot of the hype/discussion for 2010 this year in Ninty gaming.

I surely wouldn't say that's "Thinking" On a sequel. The sales clearly says along with Ninty's past history that It's not.

If you're saying good sales actually stop them from making another one, please, post proof. Until then, you're not having any logic here asides from saying what you think.

"Ask nintendo yourself" Is a series
I'm not going to watch an entire series just to match it up to your point. Post the specific article/link/whatever instead to what you're trying to get out of.

The shelf behind it has past nintendo products.
Melee did that.

The list of games basically is saying end when they also list games that TECHNICALLY have nothing to do with nin like popye.
It however doesn't mean anything clear. It could also mean that It's for showing off Nintendo's large history, since you know, the game's about showing off Nintendo's history.

Also, it'd be best if a fan-boy didn't argue against me.
Me? A fanboy? That's a laugh. Congratulations on destroying your credibility with assumptions. Everything there is at least decently logical.

I don't see anything particularly fan-biased in there. Smash really is that popular these days. Granted, it's not on the exact highest peak, but I'm not pulling these figures out of my ***

But if a actual new game is being made, and I'm wrong. I 100% guranteed it won't be a sequel.
Just to be far, none of the Smash games were true "Direct" Sequels on each other asides from some features and roster. All of them had a unique and distinct feel from them.

But all points to unlikilyhood.
nope, still nothing that extremely says "This won't happen"; You just think it won't.

So, did you just get that random percentage out of nowhere?

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
Oh, yes. I'm a fanboy. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Seriously, dude you're REALLY pissing me off now. Quit talking about FF. FF has absolutely NOTHING to do with SSB. Stop associating the two TOTALLY different game series. Doing so makes you seem just more stupid.

Oh, and has Nintendo sent you an e-mail, letter, or IM saying that there's not going to be an SSB4? I wager not. Seriously, gtfo. You're doing nothing besides making yourself look bad.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
1. Doesn't matter.
2.ThirdKoopa posted them.
3. Honestly, I don't have to.
4. Oh, wow.
4a. Uhhhhh...when did this point out that there's no SSB4? Never, last time I checked.
4b. That's just a source of nostagia for those old enough to have played those games.
4c. The end of THAT story mode. There's no saying that in the extremely plausible SSB4, there will or won't be a story mode.
4d. Melee. Replay, pl0x.
4e. *facepalm* "THE END" doesn't necessarily mean the end of the series. Literal much?
4f. Again, it's nostalgic for those who have played those games before.
4g. So? Melee + All Chars Unlocked = Special Message
5. Show us what else there is. We'll counter it.

Lastly, yes there is. Sakurai said in an interview that he didn't get all of what he wanted in there into the game. It infers that there'll be another Smash Bros. with everything, or at least more of what he wanted.

Seriously, use more sources than just the game itself. IF you can present plausible evidence, we'll take you seriously. Until then, gtfo.

Edit:

Hmm...last time I checked, FF =/= SSB and Square Enix =/= Nintendo. They are different companies with different employers and employees, different ideas, and very different game series. These employers and employees want money. How do they get money? Good sales. How do they get good sales? Making good games, and many of them being sequels to successful games. The world's a rat race. Everyone's out to get money. It's human nature. However you say it, the companies make more to earn more. If they don't make more, they earn less. The main reason they make more, which leads to making more money, is catering to the consumers' wants. If the consumers want a sequel to a popular game, chances are that they'll make the sequel. They do this because if they don't make it, they'll earn less money. On another note, the Masterpieces aren't advertisements. Sakurai knew that these games were popular, so he decided to put samples of them in Brawl. And so what if this is a fighting game? What difference does that make?

Again, PLAY MELEE.

*facepalm* You're using in-game examples. Does not compute. Your spelling is also atrocious, even for someone using the Wii. If I could understand what the hell you're typing I'd be able to properly argue with you. Also, WHOOPS, I could be considered a fanboy, so too late.

Seriously? DS? You're sh*tting me. Also, 92.78%? A bit too precise to be taken seriously. Again, all of WHAT points to unlikelyhood!? In-game subjects? THOSE DON'T MATTER. You're not really paying attention to anything but Brawl. Go play Melee, read an interview with Sakurai, or read magazine articles and then we'll talk. I'm tired of you using things from the game to prove a point. We've clearly got evidence to counter you. Try real life stuff.
You say thing like IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. When you clearly don't know. Most of your arguement is invalid without any attempted sources of SSB being real. Capcom, Cap, nin, and square are difderent. So are the people who pu Sonic and Snake in Brawl.

The last part was me trying to drop it and be on topic. But fanboys can't stop. Even if they contradict themselves.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yes. I'm a fanboy. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Seriously, dude you're REALLY pissing me off now. Quit talking about FF. FF has absolutely NOTHING to do with SSB. Stop associating the two TOTALLY different game series. Doing so makes you seem just more stupid.

Oh, and has Nintendo sent you an e-mail, letter, or IM saying that there's not going to be an SSB4? I wager not. Seriously, gtfo. You're doing nothing besides making yourself look bad.
You don't read well. If you did, you would know I didn't start FF, and I wasn't COMPARING. Fans, always jumping without thinking.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Wow. You're really making yourself look worse with every post. Stop using other companies and games. Ezpecially other companies' games. You call us Nintendo fanboys? I didn't think we were talking about Square, Capcom or anyone but Ninendo considering they own/make/whatever Smash. Sorry guess I was wrong.

What do you mean that we're fans that jump without thinking or post before reading? What are we fans of that make us opposite to you?

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
New guy's more ignorant on this than most of the past arguements.

Boys, we've found our temporary entertainment.

Final Fantasy X And X-2 are however, linked in story completely. X-2 is the walking zombie sequel of X, yet at the end of X, it said "The End".

You still have nothing with that point. Chances are, there's been more games that have had direct sequels. Furthermore, how the heck do we even know the next game will cannon off of Subspace Emissary? Now that's just leading into assumptions.

If that's the case, why are Nintendo's top franchises still running on the top of the totem pole mostly these days? We have a rumored Wii Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy 2, HG/SS, and Metroid: Other M Running around causing a lot of the hype/discussion for 2010 this year in Ninty gaming.

I surely wouldn't say that's "Thinking" On a sequel. The sales clearly says along with Ninty's past history that It's not.

If you're saying good sales actually stop them from making another one, please, post proof. Until then, you're not having any logic here asides from saying what you think.

I'm not going to watch an entire series just to match it up to your point. Post the specific article/link/whatever instead to what you're trying to get out of.

Melee did that.

It however doesn't mean anything clear. It could also mean that It's for showing off Nintendo's large history, since you know, the game's about showing off Nintendo's history.

Me? A fanboy? That's a laugh. Congratulations on destroying your credibility with assumptions. Everything there is at least decently logical.

I don't see anything particularly fan-biased in there. Smash really is that popular these days. Granted, it's not on the exact highest peak, but I'm not pulling these figures out of my ***

Just to be far, none of the Smash games were true "Direct" Sequels on each other asides from some features and roster. All of them had a unique and distinct feel from them.

nope, still nothing that extremely says "This won't happen"; You just think it won't.

So, did you just get that random percentage out of nowhere?
FFx-2 has- ugh. I really tried to drop this. But really. I use the words, Usually and almost and say there MAY/MIGHT be chances. But you just said I am xompletely sure about this whole thing. Even THE FIRST QUOTE YOU HAVE has usually. Now stop being arrogant. I will try once again to be on topic.

Don't expect any Square or Capcom characters in the I SSB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom