• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Why would Paper Mario only be possible for a stage rather than a character? He can easily not be a clone, has several games where he appears in, and the 2D thing isn't a big deal at all. (Plus the whole second character thing doesn't matter all that much when you consider Dr. Mario and Young Link)

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Koops: He's fine if he's with the rest of the Dawn Brigade or a random bunch of FE characters. Doubt he'd appear solo even as an AT. He ain't no Nolan Ryan (or Nolan Ryan's brother Aran Ryan).

Also you should check out Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1 or PSP versions).

Uhh, let's see... what's you're stance on... uh... lunch?

Okay, Krystal. A good amount of people want her, but Star Fox already has more focus than several other series and her inclusion doesn't really help in that regard. Plus it seems most of the pro-Krystal arguments seem to be "she's a girl, we need more girls" or "she fights with a staff."

Now I can think of at least four other women from existing series excluding Pokemon/FE worthy of Smash (Pieman would disagree on like all of them I think but nuts to him). And the staff is hardly a selling point, as nice as it is (assuming it's even there, of course). At any rate, I'd be rather disappointed to see her in the next game.

I'm sure I already know your answer Koops, but hopefully I'll get some responses from Krystal supporters. It's been a dull week.

@edit at Pieman: askdjfkasdjf

Oh, and while a Paper Mario setting obviously has no problems, Paper Mario himself has the problem with redundancy. That's what Koops is getting at (and I agree that he'd be a terrible addition).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hope a Smash sequel is not announced on Wednesday. Reason being that the more time there is between Brawl and a sequel means more and different content can be included. We already know Metroid, Mario, and the Zelda series are about to receive major installments; but there should be more.

Unless Nintendo intends to go the Super Street Fighter 4 route and basically improves Brawl network, while adding more new content (a couple new characters, stages, more music), and further balancing. I do not want to see a sequel just yet.

I know this is highly unlikely but a lot of people have been wishing for a Smash sequel announcement on Wednesday's Nintendo Summit. Courtsesy of NGmaer saying the summit is going to be "better than both past E3's glued together". So I am just dropping my opinion. Thankfully this is VEEERRRY unlikely.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Okay, Krystal. A good amount of people want her, but Star Fox already has more focus than several other series and her inclusion doesn't really help in that regard. Plus it seems most of the pro-Krystal arguments seem to be "she's a girl, we need more girls" or "she fights with a staff."

Now I can think of at least four other women from existing series excluding Pokemon/FE worthy of Smash (Pieman would disagree on like all of them I think but nuts to him). And the staff is hardly a selling point, as nice as it is (assuming it's even there, of course). At any rate, I'd be rather disappointed to see her in the next game.

I'm sure I already know your answer Koops, but hopefully I'll get some responses from Krystal supporters. It's been a dull week.
Personally, I've wanted Krystal back when Starfox Adventures came out since I like her (as a character) and think the staff could prove to be interesting. For example, maybe her DSmash would be a move where uses the staff to "run around" in the air, I believe this was in one of the Matrix movies.

Aside from that, I could see her style being something like a mix of Zelda and Sheik where she has different games for long range and close range fights.

I hope a Smash sequel is not announced on Wednesday. Reason being that the more time there is between Brawl and a sequel means more and different content can be included. We already know Metroid, Mario, and the Zelda series are about to receive major installments; but there should be more.

Unless Nintendo intends to go the Super Street Fighter 4 route and basically improves Brawl network, while adding more new content (a couple new characters, stages, more music), and further balancing. I do not want to see a sequel just yet.
If we are to get a SSF4-esque update to Brawl, it might be the best thing for the time being considering that Meta Knight may very kill the competitive scene. Then again, someone else could claim that title.

I agree that I don't want a sequel just yet. At least an update would give Nintendo an idea what the people want.

We need Starfox, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, and F-Zero games now. Maybe Ice Climbers and MOTHER.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If we are to get a SSF4-esque update to Brawl, it might be the best thing for the time being considering that Meta Knight may very kill the competitive scene. Then again, someone else could claim that title.

I agree that I don't want a sequel just yet. At least an update would give Nintendo an idea what the people want.

We need Starfox, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, and F-Zero games now. Maybe Ice Climbers and MOTHER.
Normally I would say a "Brawl Plus" update would never happen, but after Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M Nintendo has become unpredictable so I can expect anything from them right now. Is it likely? No, but not impossible either-especially now.

There is some talk of a Mario Kart Wii sequel possibly being announced. We shall see...

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
@Koops: He's fine if he's with the rest of the Dawn Brigade or a random bunch of FE characters. Doubt he'd appear solo even as an AT. He ain't no Nolan Ryan (or Nolan Ryan's brother Aran Ryan).

Oh, and while a Paper Mario setting obviously has no problems, Paper Mario himself has the problem with redundancy. That's what Koops is getting at (and I agree that he'd be a terrible addition).
Is this open to Krysta bashers?

If it is: I'd like to point out that since there are no "real world effects" (cuttings, bashing, stabbing, etc) A staff is essentially a really disjointed sword with more maneuverability. Basically Krystal ends up being Marth with greater range and some fancy twirling tricks. Since the sword and staff will have zero differentiating factors outside of ahstetics due to smash physics, the staff is simply broken.

Star Fox is essentially covered and we don't need generic female teammate to join, hell she has as much bearing as Peppy or slippy. I'm not seeing her as being too far ahead of them in her respective field (she is partially overshadowed by Falco, while Peppy and Slippy are the "support characters")

Pieman0920

Smash Master

Why would he be terrible? If handled properly, he'd be visually distinct and with a unique moveset.

And the problem I had with Koops' post there though wasn't that he said it was redundant (actually he didn't say that) but said that it was only possible to have a Paper Mario stage, rather than the character itself despite the fact that redundancy has happened/this would be friggen redundant.

And lastly, nuts to you, tell me who the pottential female fighters are....Wait, two of them are Jody and Syrup aren't they. Star Fox overload aside, neither of those two really outmatch Krystal in terms of importance in her series coupled with the amount of screen time and technical development of the character, even if you're under the impression that there isn't much character development to be had. Heck, in the case of Jody there, you've mentioned that she'd only be suitable after Goroh and Black Shadow have already gotten their spaces, in which case it would be leveled off with Star Fox's curent situation.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I just found this thread after being on this site for idk a week. I am glad I found this xD

I talk about who is gonna be in the next brawl with my friends irl all the time. I just can't wait for the next one. Now idk if I should wait but I think ima post a few I think (morely hope) is gonna be in SSB4.

1. Paper Mario - has done alot for nintendo, has many different varieties of attacks and would be a fun new addition plus the stage that would be made for him would be fun as well.
2. Gomai Samurai - SSBB needs a new F-Zero character to go with CF
3. Bowser Jr. - With his combination of the paintbrush and being a cool koopa he would definetely be a fun character to join
4. Toad - eeeeehhhhh not really but eh is all I can say but my friend said to post this character (he is cool but what would he do)
5. Birdo - Now she would be a cool character and be considered a Yoshi or Mario villain character. She has been in the mary party games and a villain and a bunch of random games. She is also different with her egg shooting also her strength a bit.
6. Leon S. Kennedy or any cool Resident Evil character but ASHLEY!!!! >_< - Psh I wish! xD Sorry this is like a dream character cuz he would be fun however not suited for this game style....can still dream though even though he will never be put in or any of the others. (If they put Ashley in to spite I would kill but Ashley can't do anything so yay she will never be in.)
7. Midna with Wolf Link - Midna alone cannot do much but with Wolf link it would be such a fun character to play. You got Midna with her arm/head/hair thing and you got the awesome wolf form of link, however the Zelda game franchise has alot of reps in the SSBB games already.
8. Tetra/Toon Zelda - The pirate girl from 2 of the Zelda games is popular (among my social circle) and this is how. Tetra is like a new Sheik so she would fight more with her pirate sword and have some cool piratey tricks. Then she could transform into Toon Zelda and have more of like a minature version of Zelda with a few cool tricks. I would hope either midna with wolf or T/TZ gets in. It would be fun but all I can do is hope.
9. Different Pokemon - With the release of HG/SS it is possible to see P.T. get an upgrade to the Johto pokemon or you might see if be featuring some new 5th generation pokemon. Who knows with Nintendo.
10. Billy Hatcher - Okay now this is NOT my idea but my friend (same who requested Toad said to say this). Billy Hatcher is like Olimar. His game is not that well known but still sold adequately and was a fun game. He has eggs and stuff and would make battles VERY(said to stress) interesting.
11. King K. Rool(sp) - Sorry I forgot how to spell his Last Name but anyways. King K. Rool is a maybe for me and my friends. He is the major DK villain and would be....interesting a little bit. However idk what they would do with him. However We think they might add him cuz it would be like completely the DK family a bit and would be cool.
12. Dixie Kong OR Tiny Kong - Now everyone seems to be talking Dixie. Dixie is just a female Diddy. Nothing really different with her. However I gotta go with Tiny. Tiny is a cool character that has a lot more to go on. Tiny Kong was in the DK64 and was a fav character. Nintendo realized this when they brought her back for Diddy Kong Racing DS and for an assortment of DK games. They also brought her back for Mario Superstar Sluggers Wii. Tiny has spin hair and she would get all the weapons from the DK64 games such as the grenade oranges, her Sax, her bow gun, plus she would be an air beast. I think Tiny if done correctly would have a very high chance of making it into SSB4 over Dixie and I would much prefer it that way.
13. Krystal - Now with Krystal you either hate her or ya like her. Idc what you say she is kindof cool plus she is a different side of the fox family. She has a staff but also in that one game if I remember correctly she was a pilot, had a gun, and drove a tank. Now in the game she premiered in she was a character you could play as. Also the ability to use her staff would be a new addition cuz they do not have a character that uses a staff. Plus if they got rid of Wolf for Krystal....I wouldn't really mind but Wolf is still pretty awesome. However Krystal rates a little higher in my book over Wolf but she is not better than Falco or Fox.
14. Sega character pick - Now me and my friends have been discussing and came to a conclusion. If Sega does allow another of their characters to come into brawl it would be narrowed down to these 4:(no order)
1. Tails - Sonic's sidekick simple enough explaniation
2. Amy Rose - Her hammer and dif play style and also a huge fanbase surrounds her.
3. Knuckles - Fighting style, Gliding, powerful, awesome
4. Shadow - ehhhhh sonic clone with hover shoes (still loving him though)

My personal pick is hoping for Amy Rose. Then Knuckles then Tails. Amy Rose is suited perfectly for the brawl fight style with her comical Piko-Piko hammer and the way she moves. Knuckles is like the power house of the sonic gang and would be fun to play as.

That is all I can remember at the moment or remember that if I do not post the ones my friends wanted would kill me.

I just also wanted to make a little note. I do not believe a couple that I have seen talked about on the two pages I have read will be in.

Not really category:
1. Daisy/Waluigi - These two have both the same problem with me. I like both Daisy and Waluigi but they are kindof like copies of Peach/Luigi. Plus you can just change P/L costume to make it be them. Also Daisy/Waluigi have both been in all the same games (except Waluigi in Mario DDR). The two most likely would have moves based around the games they have been in such as Mario Party, Mario sport games and that is about it. I would not consider putting these two in unless they start to go more into detail character with them. Like give these two their own game to show them and give them their own style otherwise idk really.
2. Vaati/and the other baddie - These two are not heard of villains in the Zelda games. These come from the GBA games with TL/TZ in their earlier years. Although they do have their own characters and backgrounds and everything I really HIGHLY doubt they will be put in cuz they are just not good enough characters for brawl. *shrug*
3. Mother Charries - Now I have been using Ness alot for fun in SSB, SSBM, and SSBB. I was a bit skeptical for Lucas but when brought in I started using him as my main for like 2 years. The Mother/Earthbound characters are a bit dead and are only staying alive with Brawl. Now they might keep both or get rid of one. (most likely Lucas cuz Ness has been in since the first SSB) Though I want Lucas to stay. Now if they do decide to bring a new Mother/Earthbound character it should be Porky most likely. Since he is their villain and would tie those characters with a pretty bow basically.
4. Mewtwo - Mewtwo was a fav in Melee but I really doubt he would make it anymore than that. I think this is what they are going to do with each brawl. They had Mewtwo in Melee but then took him out and replaced him with Lucario. I think they are gonna take out Lucario and put a new character that people love in instead. Now that is just a thought cuz that is what they did with Mewtwo and he had a big fanbase. Lucario is following in the same footsteps as Mewtwo. Though if they did bring Mewtwo back they would get rid of Lucario. They are alot similiar and only 4 pokemon really are needed.
5. Ballon Man - ....................REALLY freaking ballon man......Okay so many things wrong with him being in. I know people are excited they are using retro game titles to bring back some of the beloved characters such as: (Mr. Game&Watch, Ice Climbers, Pit, Mother/Earthbound, R.O.B., FE) But really if you try and think of Ballon man as a fighter it does not work. I have no diss to the Ballon Man game series but it should NOT be put into brawl.
6.Tingle - NEVER! Tingle should stay as a assisst trophy/nuisance. Yes he is in alot of the Zelda games and yes he is funny to watch but he cannot fight what so ever. Same with Ballon man, love the character just not a fighter to be put into Brawl
7. Roy - Now I like Ike way better than Roy. Roy was just a copy of Marth but a better copy. Some people complain Marth or Ike should be kicked out to make room for Roy. (I am not gonna talk about Lyn cuz that is a whole other mess just like Roy). Roy was in Melee and Melee is where is should stay and most likely will stay if Nintendo keeps their head right. Plus FE has two good characters repping their games however FE is like retro to nowadays games.

Characters that might be removed from Brawl to make room for more:
1. Lucario - See Mewtwo
2. Ike/Marth - If nintendo goofs and puts Roy or Lyn in one of these two will go poof
3. R.O.B. - although a power house he may be asked to leave cuz people may want Ballon Man over him plus he is a bit too quirky. Unlike Mr. Game&watch is just perfect. And R.O.B. is just okay in my book.
4.Ganondorf - I am REALLY against this but my friends seem to think he might be kicked out to make place for another Zelda character since he is a heavy CF clone and hasn't really done much since Twilight Princess. In the TL/TZ series he is not even a villain anymore. Except for Wind Waker but that is it and they killed him and sealed him underwater but who knows maybe he cane come back. He did with Twilight Princess after dieing to Link/Zelda in the final battle of Ocarina of Time.

Okay I think I am done for now (looks at post) OMG that is alot of writing but it was fun :3

If I think of anymore I will post them but till now I think that is good. Btw I like BASED arguements and just cuz you think one of the characters I picked might not be a good idea don't just say:
"Well your wrong cuz that's just stupid and I think it's never gonna happen." it's a matter of a opinion everyone is entitled to even yourself. SO idc I just wanted to put my 2 cents in a just see what would happen. Anyways enjoy and ill check back later. I hope I didn't offend anyone with our picks. :p

(Is super excited to see who actually makes it into Brawl.)

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Kuma & Shino Panera Bread: I think I should mention that I have no problem with Krystal herself, and I'd be alright with seeing her later on when other series are brought up to speed.

My biggest problem with her specifically is how people assume her unique traits and main character status make her such an amazing candidate, despite there being about a dozen or so other equally unique major characters. And they're all from series that actually need more fighters.

Granted, I have a similar problem with certain characters from other series, but Krystal in particular stands out to me.

Why would he be terrible? If handled properly, he'd be visually distinct and with a unique moveset.

And the problem I had with Koops' post there though wasn't that he said it was redundant (actually he didn't say that) but said that it was only possible to have a Paper Mario stage, rather than the character itself despite the fact that redundancy has happened/this would be friggen redundant.
Koops said it wasn't possible because he doesn't think Paper Mario has a chance. And if you don't think redundancy has anything to do with it, you can either rummage through his old posts or wait for him to reiterate something he's stated several times before. Or hope I suddenly feel like talking about Paper Mario again, whichever.

And lastly, nuts to you, tell me who the pottential female fighters are....Wait, two of them are Jody and Syrup aren't they. Star Fox overload aside, neither of those two really outmatch Krystal in terms of importance in her series coupled with the amount of screen time and technical development of the character, even if you're under the impression that there isn't much character development to be had. Heck, in the case of Jody there, you've mentioned that she'd only be suitable after Goroh and Black Shadow have already gotten their spaces, in which case it would be leveled off with Star Fox's curent situation.
Dixie, Mona, Syrup, Jody.

Now keep in mind the category was "females worthy of Smash." Krystal fits into this as well, the main point being that there's enough of them to make her gender moot. As if it wasn't already; we would've at least seen one new woman (not a suit) in Brawl if Sakurai believed in affirmative action.

I know you don't see any of them as viable candidates for multiple reasons, we've talked about this plenty of times before, hence the jab. I wouldn't have stopped arguing with you months ago if I still cared about the fallacies in your character assessments.

(Is super excited to see who actually makes it into Brawl.)
I like this kid's moxie.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Things sure were more peaceful when we were discussing Megaman music... Then again Pieman and Toise were bickering about Protoman's Concert Theme. lol

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol Phoenix your right by that cuz after all the hype of SSB4 goes down everyone would want to know how they can top the next installment. xD

(Cuz I know I would xDDDD)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma & Shino Panera Bread: I think I should mention that I have no problem with Krystal herself, and I'd be alright with seeing her later on when other series are brought up to speed.

My biggest problem with her specifically is how people assume her unique traits and main character status make her such an amazing candidate, despite there being about a dozen or so other equally unique major characters. And they're all from series that actually need more fighters.

Granted, I have a similar problem with certain characters from other series, but Krystal in particular stands out to me.
I see where you're coming from. To be honest, I think Wolf screwed up the whole thing with what we have now. Unfortunately, the roles would be reversed if Krystal got in instead. I do agree that other series should get other characters, within reason of course, but if the demand is large enough, Krystal will get in, the same applies to Mewtwo and Roy (or perhaps not), but that's for a different time.

*looks back 2000 pages*

I wonder if this thread will ever end?
Once SSB4 comes out. Assuming we don't have people immediately ticked off about the gameplay or characters, we'll probably have the SSB5 thread going on.

UberMario

Smash Master
There is some talk of a Mario Kart Wii sequel possibly being announced. We shall see...
As in another Mario Kart for the Wii or another Mario Kart in general?

Here's hoping for a more MK64/DS esque game with statistically equal characters (like in MKDS wifi) that can fit in any vehicle they want and items that aren't as broken as they are in MKWii, not to mention hoping that this isn't a rumor (which it most likely is).

@Kuma: They wanted a villan from Star Fox to be playable in Brawl, I don't see anything wrong with their choice. Wolf just made more sense to add than Krystal, though either Slippy or Krystal would be the 4th choice for the series, imo.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As in another Mario Kart for the Wii or another Mario Kart in general?

Here's hoping for a more MK64/DS esque game with statistically equal characters (like in MKDS wifi) that can fit in any vehicle they want and items that aren't as broken as they are in MKWii, not to mention hoping that this isn't a rumor (which it most likely is).

@Kuma: They wanted a villan from Star Fox to be playable in Brawl, I don't see anything wrong with their choice. Wolf just made more sense to add than Krystal, though either Slippy or Krystal would be the 4th choice for the series, imo.
Another Mario Kart for the Wii.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is news to me.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Koops said it wasn't possible because he doesn't think Paper Mario has a chance. And if you don't think redundancy has anything to do with it, you can either rummage through his old posts or wait for him to reiterate something he's stated several times before. Or hope I suddenly feel like talking about Paper Mario again, whichever.
Eh? Most of the time in the past Koops hasn't really argued that much against Paper Mario. You're the one who usually does that. You're the one who's said that Dr. Mario returning is more likely. :ohwell:

Dixie, Mona, Syrup, Jody.

Now keep in mind the category was "females worthy of Smash." Krystal fits into this as well, the main point being that there's enough of them to make her gender moot. As if it wasn't already; we would've at least seen one new woman (not a suit) in Brawl if Sakurai believed in affirmative action.

I know you don't see any of them as viable candidates for multiple reasons, we've talked about this plenty of times before, hence the jab. I wouldn't have stopped arguing with you months ago if I still cared about the fallacies in your character assessments.
On the contrary, I believe Dixie and Mona both have fair chances. I've never really hidden that either...I mean, I don't think they have much of a chance, but my view is the same technically for Krystal. Its just I believe some have higher chances than others, and thus I believe that Krystal, Dixie, and Mona have a higher chance than Jody or Syrup. (Though if Syrup got in, I would think that it would sort of negate Mona's chances for a game or two unless the Wario series expanded even more. Heck, the Wario series is one of the series that has expanded the most in these last two or so generations, yet it still doesn't get that much respect)

Even so, while I don't think Syrup has much of a chance, it is still higher than Jody's, since despite a lack of combat ability, Syrup is still a pottential front runner for her series, while Jody has to wait behind at least two more. (In addition to the fact that Syrup's series is getting new games, while Jody's isn't.)

Still if I had to choose a new female character, I'd still go with Lip as my personal favorite choice, since Smash really does need to branch off into newer series instead of trying to milk old ones dry.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'd like to point out, that outside of Dixie, none of those other three had a game that really revolved around them, while Krystal pretty much did. (Command not Adventures)

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
I Think The more Characters the better.Also Better Bosses.Like Two Ridleys wasn't nessesary.Also more challenging chalenges.Some of them required no effort.More Music is always better.(Not like this soundtrack wasn't Amazing)Also Patching up the Online play.They should have a clean experience like Mario Kart.More Pokemon could be added, same as Assist Tropheys.Just So many Oppurtuntiys missed by the Brawl Creaters.
Must have characters:
Mega Man.
Sonic Character.
Possibly More DK Characters.(Like King K. Rool or Dixie )
Maybe Zero
Bomber Man
Bowser Jr.
Mewtwo

Rediculas Characters:
Toad
Birdo
Ridley(How do you Control a GIANT Dragon?)
No more exact Copies.Make them at least a little different

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The two Ridley's was most likely a responce to Ridley's popularity and rankings in the polls. Either way, as the boss fights were both completely different, as well as the fact that he was the only repeat fight, it wasn't that bad at all.

And you don't control a GIANT Dragon, you control a large but still fitting Dragon. =/

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Now wait to the birdo being ridiculous is not necessarily true but it is ur opinion mine on the other hand says Birdo would be pretty cool to see.

dr. Mario should not be let back into brawl xD

I still see people talking Dixie, Krystal, Mona for prominent females for brawl.

Mona would be really cool to see and def fun to play with but there is one thing.

Everyone is forgetting that Dixie is not the only female kong.
Tiny just has alot more to offer plus with Dixie I think she will end up being how Roy was for Marth in melee. Dixie is only a clone is what I'm tryin to get at and Tiny has more charisma. Eh I can't change other peoples mindset but it is still a possibility i hope nintendo sees

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Is this open to Krysta bashers?

If it is: I'd like to point out that since there are no "real world effects" (cuttings, bashing, stabbing, etc) A staff is essentially a really disjointed sword with more maneuverability. Basically Krystal ends up being Marth with greater range and some fancy twirling tricks. Since the sword and staff will have zero differentiating factors outside of ahstetics due to smash physics, the staff is simply broken.
If you think staff fighting is going to be the same as a sword you obviously haven't played Kilik in Soul Caliber games. That and you haven't seen the versaltility of a staff. You can hit with both ends and change grips to adjust your range. Also you can use it as a pole vault into a kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNfd3fPF6e8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYxzvCKbeIY&feature=related

Now I'm not saying this is how she should fight but it's possible techniques. Also from a developer's point of view would be challenging and stylish work.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
The two Ridley's was most likely a responce to Ridley's popularity and rankings in the polls. Either way, as the boss fights were both completely different, as well as the fact that he was the only repeat fight, it wasn't that bad at all.

And you don't control a GIANT Dragon, you control a large but still fitting Dragon. =/
Yeah the Fights were completely different and were good.I shall not complain about Boss Fights but I'm just saying in the part of the Subspace where Ridely Swoops down and is crushing Samus In one hand.Well I just think having Ridely would be a little hard to make the fight fair.Even the Largest of people.The only Possible things the have a chance at Beating Ridely would be Giga Bowser and Beast Ganondorf.Though having Bosses as playable characters would be very interesting.I mean Master Hand vs Rayquaza?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Everyone is forgetting that Dixie is not the only female kong.
Tiny just has alot more to offer plus with Dixie I think she will end up being how Roy was for Marth in melee. Dixie is only a clone is what I'm tryin to get at and Tiny has more charisma. Eh I can't change other peoples mindset but it is still a possibility i hope nintendo sees
Dixie Kong had her own game. Tiny did not. Dixie Kong almost got into Brawl. Tiny was probably never considered. Also, she really wouldn't be a clone. =/

And @ Ulises: You're not thinking this through too much are you...Ridley would be scaled down. He wouldn't be the size he was in SSE. In addition, being a large character doesn't mean supreme victory. Otherwise Bowser and Ganondorf would be top tier, eh? Big characters are usually slow and larger targets.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
If you think staff fighting is going to be the same as a sword you obviously haven't played Kilik in Soul Caliber games. That and you haven't seen the versaltility of a staff. You can hit with both ends and change grips to adjust your range. Also you can use it as a pole vault into a kick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNfd3fPF6e8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYxzvCKbeIY&feature=related

Now I'm not saying this is how she should fight but it's possible techniques. Also from a developer's point of view would be challenging and stylish work.
That's funny because I actually play a lot of soul calibur. Killik is very different, but soul calibur is also a combo based juggling game of one on one fights with a 3-d plane. The range and combos are not the kind you can find in Smash (the most a combo goes is AAA) Soul Calibur and Smash have very different Mechanics so comparing Killik to Krystal is like saying Marth and Rapheal are the same because they both use rapier attacks (news flash, they don't fight the same, because Raphael does combos and Marth does not [outside of his side special])

the extra range is what I'm saying would be mad unfair. It's like giving Marth a sword attached to a sword, and no one would think that's fair.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's funny because I actually play a lot of soul calibur. Killik is very different, but soul calibur is also a combo based juggling game of one on one fights with a 3-d plane. The range and combos are not the kind you can find in Smash (the most a combo goes is AAA) Soul Calibur and Smash have very different Mechanics so comparing Killik to Krystal is like saying Marth and Rapheal are the same because they both use rapier attacks (news flash, they don't fight the same, because Raphael does combos and Marth does not [outside of his side special])

the extra range is what I'm saying would be mad unfair. It's like giving Marth a sword attached to a sword, and no one would think that's fair.
What you said for combos pretty much applies to just Brawl.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Eh? Most of the time in the past Koops hasn't really argued that much against Paper Mario. You're the one who usually does that. You're the one who's said that Dr. Mario returning is more likely. :ohwell:
Last I checked, both of us agreed that Paper Mario wouldn't get in because he's a far less popular variation on an existing character (and there's no room to spare like in Melee). Koops likes the character alright, but he's really in it for the partners, a TTYD stage, some music, etc. Maybe he'll pop in and clarify.

And I only support Doc as an alt costume over Paper Mario. Mainly because his games are more popular, the animation is way easier, and it's a nice callback to Melee.

I don't think they have much of a chance
That's what I was getting at.

The staff doesn't seem that big compared to Ragnell or Dedede's Hammer (or better yet, ZSS's fully extended Plasma Whip). Balance shouldn't be an issue.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
One would assume that Krystal wouldn't be just Marth with two swords length, and would be balanced in some form. Odds are it wouldn't really be unfair.

EDIT: I guess whatever Koops views on the subject have to be reiterated by him alone, but really how would you know that there is no room to spare for SSB4? Why is Paper Mario suddenly vastly less popular when his series has been doing very well?

And Paper Mario really wouldn't work as a alt costume, so I'm not going to argue with that.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
You know I think Zero or Zerotwo from Kirby would be an awesome boss for the next SSB. Also some more Fire Emblem stuff like more chars(Mia, BK) or bosses (Berserk Ashnard). Someone suggested that Bosses should be playable. I agree with that but this should be an extra mode.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
BUT EDWARD'S COOLER sob;

Still how about a random character from every FE game as an AT? I still have a hard time with picking one from FE5 due to the sprites.

Speaking of which, FE5 and 10 are amazing. Almost done with 5.
Already have the PSP one and FF Tactics Advance - Amazing games; Never played anything else until recently with strategy RPG's (Well, at least owned)

It beats Breakfast but It's still not as good as dinner.

Have to make this quick but...

Well actually, I've really turned indifferent on most of the characters you consider logical, Toise. I however give arguements back when people try to push one thing too hard but I guess that's just because of my way of viewing things, anyways...

I don't really know when it comes to Krystal; Star Fox really isn't much of a flagship title and has had it's sales go down each time, and to be quite honest, I only purely enjoy two games out of the series. I think before we discuss this, we should try to not go overboard on the "She's a female!" Or "Moveset!" Or "The series has enough characters!" Because in a sense, I view it as Sakurai aiming at a FF: Dissidia type way of representation. Not exactly like that but you get the picture - ...Right? And If that's the only way we can use to support/dissupport a character then that's...Pretty sad.

Anyways I believe with Sakurai not even knowing who She was until later makes me think that there's going to need to be something to warrant her move onto the roster even If Sakurai truly has a Dissidia-type way of viewing the roster or something along the lines of what we do. I don't think he'd truly say "Hey look, SF Has 3, we can't add another one" But just the lack of knowledge hugely says there's going to need to be something to warrant her move to be playable.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
What you said for combos pretty much applies to just Brawl.
If you mean juggling, then Smash isn't a huggler in the same way that Soul Calibu or Tekken are (You know that) so comparing the way Killik fights and Krystal would fight are different and isn;t a just comparison. Although I'm not sure what you meant here, if I'm wrong eloborate?

The staff doesn't seem that big compared to Ragnell or Dedede's Hammer (or better yet, ZSS's fully extended Plasma Whip). Balance shouldn't be an issue.
But Ike and DDD are heavyweights and ZSS only uses fully extended plasma whip in a few attacks.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you mean juggling, then Smash isn't a huggler in the same way that Soul Calibu or Tekken are (You know that) so comparing the way Killik fights and Krystal would fight are different and isn;t a just comparison. Although I'm not sure what you meant here, if I'm wrong eloborate?
Well, the way Melee did combos, to me, was like an odd mix of 2D and 3D fighters. The way Kilik and others tend to combo attacks is usually in flowing manner. I believe this is what you meant by combos and comparing them to Smash's.

2D fighters link off different attacks, but some moves are done exclusively from one attack (ie. Rufus' Messiah Kick mixups and El Fuerte's Habanero Dash mixups).

Smash's combos, at least Pre-Brawl, are somewhere in between. The juggling prominence (present in both genres) is there due to the K.O. system for the most part. However, very few attacks, if any outside of built in ones, naturally flow into each other.

As a result, Krystal could fight like a mix of Kilik and Litchi-Faye Ling from BlazBlue because of this combo hybrid system.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I can agree that Ridley could be in the game as a controlled player. Definetly cool

However Birdo is not impossible and could be quite possible *shrug* who knows

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Anyways I believe with Sakurai not even knowing who She was until later makes me think that there's going to need to be something to warrant her move onto the roster even If Sakurai truly has a Dissidia-type way of viewing the roster or something along the lines of what we do. I don't think he'd truly say "Hey look, SF Has 3, we can't add another one" But just the lack of knowledge hugely says there's going to need to be something to warrant her move to be playable.
You also have to remember that Sakurai foolishly decided on the roster BEFORE that dreaded poll was ever made. It's Sakurai's fault for not doing the research before deciding who to add and who not to add.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
However Birdo is not impossible and could be quite possible *shrug* who knows
dear lord i hope not. im totally against putting in characters for the reason of "just because" or because its a "classic character" i only want to see new faces that will offer something new as far as gameplay goes. which is also why im against little mac. i know i seem to be in the minority as far as little mac goes but he just seems a little too one-sided of a character to me. i could be wrong of course. i just dont want him added on the basis that he is a classic NES character that has seen a bit of a revival. Lolo is a classic NES character that i loved back in the day, but i would hope to God i never see him in a smash game. im just sayin....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom