• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
For the US, perhaps, for Europe not quite, given the fact the countries are in two parts, and then you still need to remove Israel... lol.

Yeah that's one of those niceties that doesn't have an obvious good solution that I've put off thinking about in favour of making other things. I'll get to it eventually. Sorry about the inconvenience in the meantime.

@yomi
It's mostly stable. There are some administrative things that really need to be done (eg finally building a password resetting system, which will hopefully be done by tonight) and things like region groups that obviously have to be added. Mostly I'm at my leisure to add new features and conveniences though - we haven't had any real show stoppers in a little while :)

:phone:

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Wow, the database has uncovered two 100+ tourneys that were previously unaccounted for...the 2007 C3 (in my own region!) and Smash Attack are now added to the master list...

-2004: 2 | TG6, GO
-2005: 6 | FC3, GS2, MLG DC, MLG SF, BOMB 4, MOAST 3
-2006: 10 | MLG New York Opener, MLG Dallas, MLG Anaheim, MLG Chicago, MLG Orlando, MLG New York Playoffs (200+!), FC6 (200+!), OC2, SMYM 6, Gauntlet
-2007: 14 | OC3 (200+!), FC-Diamond (200+!), Cataclysm, EVO South, EVO West, EVO World (200+!), Smash Royale III, Renaissance of Smash 4, Innsomnia, Pound 2 (200+!), C3, SCC (200+!), VLS, UCLA IV
-2008: 5 | Pound 3 (200+!), UCLA V, TGMTSBCO, ESA 2 (200+!), Event 52
-2009: 10 | SMYM 9, Revival of Melee, Mango Juice, Smash Attack, ESA 3, Genesis (200+!), SMYM 10, TSL 4, Pat's House, RoM 2
-2010: 6 | Pound 4 (300+!), SMYM 11, APEX 2010 (200+!), SNY 1, RoM 3, DGDTJ
-2011: 8 | Pound V (200+!), Wintergamesfest 2011, SMYM 12, B.E.A.S.T 1, Genesis 2 (200+!), B.E.A.S.T 2, The Big House, RoM4
-2012: 2 | APEX 2012 (300+!), Wintergamesfest 2012

Right now 23 of the 63 100+ tourneys (36.5%) have been uploaded. Nice progress. :)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We also have the other C3 but it hasn't been uploaded yet, in addition to some of the ESTICLE tournaments, Pound 2, Cataclysm 3, etc. We still needs lots of help from local TOs for regional tournaments though!

Bones0

Smash Legend
Can we get a copy of this thread stickied in Tournament Listings? Something like: "ATTN TOs: Upload Tio Files Here!"

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Tournament Results would be a more suitable place, but yeah that'd be good. It seems like only about of half of recent results are being uploaded.

Does anyone want to volunteer to help us recreate tio files from brackets?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Wow, the database has uncovered two 100+ tourneys that were previously unaccounted for...the 2007 C3 (in my own region!) and Smash Attack are now added to the master list...

-2004: 2 | TG6, GO
-2005: 6 | FC3, GS2, MLG DC, MLG SF, BOMB 4, MOAST 3
-2006: 10 | MLG New York Opener, MLG Dallas, MLG Anaheim, MLG Chicago, MLG Orlando, MLG New York Playoffs (200+!), FC6 (200+!), OC2, SMYM 6, Gauntlet
-2007: 14 | OC3 (200+!), FC-Diamond (200+!), Cataclysm, EVO South, EVO West, EVO World (200+!), Smash Royale III, Renaissance of Smash 4, Innsomnia, Pound 2 (200+!), C3, SCC (200+!), VLS, UCLA IV
-2008: 5 | Pound 3 (200+!), UCLA V, TGMTSBCO, ESA 2 (200+!), Event 52
-2009: 10 | SMYM 9, Revival of Melee, Mango Juice, Smash Attack, ESA 3, Genesis (200+!), SMYM 10, TSL 4, Pat's House, RoM 2
-2010: 6 | Pound 4 (300+!), SMYM 11, APEX 2010 (200+!), SNY 1, RoM 3, DGDTJ
-2011: 8 | Pound V (200+!), Wintergamesfest 2011, SMYM 12, B.E.A.S.T 1, Genesis 2 (200+!), B.E.A.S.T 2, The Big House, RoM4
-2012: 2 | APEX 2012 (300+!), Wintergamesfest 2012

Right now 23 of the 63 100+ tourneys (36.5%) have been uploaded. Nice progress. :)
son of a...

And I thought I wouldn't have to go back and edit all the Year in Reviews again :laugh:

Bones0

Smash Legend
College Park, MD's Shell Shocked locals:

[collapse=Shell Shocked X, 11/6/10]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Shell Shocked XI, 10/29/11]
[/collapse]
[COLLAPSE="Shell Shocked XII, 2/11/12"]http://i.imgur.com/WO62C.gif[/COLLAPSE]

I'm gonna just rebuild these myself (unless CTL, the TO, can track down the original files) since I haven't pitched in outside of region/character labeling. I just wanted somewhere to post all of them for myself because I have 16 tabs open. lol

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Alright i reuploaded double backflip mega explosion (with that name as its .tio file) under the username thecrimsonblur. It didn't work last time so please tell me if you are able to process it now; there might be something in the file I have to change for it to work?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Tournament Results would be a more suitable place, but yeah that'd be good. It seems like only about of half of recent results are being uploaded.

Does anyone want to volunteer to help us recreate tio files from brackets?
I would. i really like where this project is going.

also who has the power to make my account an Authorized user?

its Carroll on the site.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I would. i really like where this project is going.

also who has the power to make my account an Authorized user?

its Carroll on the site.
That would be FoxLisk. It's up to him, though generally we're willing to authorize any trusted TO, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you want to help with making tio files you don't have to be an authorized user though. You just gotta take bracket images and recreate them in tio. If you want to help out with that then PM me or message me on AIM - I have at least 20 brackets that need recreating and it would be a HUGE help if you could do some of them!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Whoops, I thought I uploaded corrected files but I guess it didn't work. FoxLisk, can you delete the incorrect ones so I can re-upload them?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Whoops, I thought I uploaded corrected files but I guess it didn't work. FoxLisk, can you delete the incorrect ones so I can re-upload them?
If it can wait a day or two, I'll just make tournament date editable online. I won't have time for that today though, so it'll probably be tomorrow or Friday.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I can submit a round robin, right? It was a small tourney so I just did a 7-man RR, and I figured since Elo is completely based on who you play that it wouldn't matter if there are ties or whatnot. If I could get my account (Bones) authorized it'd be nifty. I'm about to recreate 7 of my old tournaments so they should be coming soon either way.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I can submit a round robin, right? It was a small tourney so I just did a 7-man RR, and I figured since Elo is completely based on who you play that it wouldn't matter if there are ties or whatnot. If I could get my account (Bones) authorized it'd be nifty. I'm about to recreate 7 of my old tournaments so they should be coming soon either way.
Yes, round robins are totally fine.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Yeah that's one of those niceties that doesn't have an obvious good solution that I've put off thinking about in favour of making other things. I'll get to it eventually. Sorry about the inconvenience in the meantime.

@yomi
It's mostly stable. There are some administrative things that really need to be done (eg finally building a password resetting system, which will hopefully be done by tonight) and things like region groups that obviously have to be added. Mostly I'm at my leisure to add new features and conveniences though - we haven't had any real show stoppers in a little while :)

Thanks for the answer, it's really not something important, more like some extra icing on the cake like you said. You might want to post what you're working on next so that people don't annoy you with the same questions all day long, by the way.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I know why this happened.

It's actually a Tio glitch. If you open a file and change the date, save it, and close it, it actually doesn't save the date change. You actually have to change something else, like a player name for it to save lol.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Looking at NWM results, I see you guys removed Cyrain's pools matches from the record.

Any reason why? Because he forfeited in bracket?

Sweet.
When the file was sent to me, his name was changed to Eggz. Probably because the TO didn't know how to get him in to bracket otherwise. I wasn't sure if the TO just added him to force him in to brackets or what. I can fix it easily and I appreciate the info.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I heard Cyrain gave his bracket spot to Eggz. Cyrain's pools matches should still be intact, but all of the bracket matches should be for Eggz.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I know why this happened.

It's actually a Tio glitch. If you open a file and change the date, save it, and close it, it actually doesn't save the date change. You actually have to change something else, like a player name for it to save lol.

OH i actually noticed that too! I think you can just do 'save as' and save with the same filename but a regular save fails.

You now have a pathetically minimal user account page. From it you can change your password and um... be reminded what your username is.

You can also reset your password now! So for those fools of you who forgot your password in like a month can get it reset.

What's up next: Letting mods re-date tournaments, first off. I don't think there's anything else demanding my attention, so I think I'm gonna work on figuring out & implementing a good way to group regions together. I have some ideas, and it shouldn't take too long, so hopefully that pain point will disappear soon!

Bones0

Smash Legend
I have 7 MD locals comin' at ya!

If you could make it so I don't get signed out every 30 mins that'd be awesome too. >_>

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I have 7 MD locals comin' at ya!

If you could make it so I don't get signed out every 30 mins that'd be awesome too. >_>
Sweet

As for the latter... I'll add cookie tracking **** soon, that's on the map as well. However, every time I re-deploy the project to add new stuff, you're gonna get signed out unavoidably. So... sorry about that tonight as I'm doing a bunch of little stuff.

Anyway, tournament dates can now be changed from the site (My obligation this evening was canceled so I had time to do this stuff). I'll go fix the tournaments in question right now.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Oh, didn't realize that was why. If it can't be helped that's fine.

I haven't had anything take long to load except that time I tried to check all of the boxes to group all of North America into a single region. >.>

Random question: When I'm flagging players for missing region/character, I can I select both and then just hit one of the "suggest" buttons? I've been refreshing to do them one at a time just to make sure both flags go through.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Technical question, why does everything take so long to load?
Slightly technical answer: Because I chose to do everything in the way that was easiest for me, so I'm using LINQ and SQL Compact for everything. Also I am a mere mortal and a lot of things are probably not written optimally, although since the whole site is basically a series of database views the issue really is likely to be mostly SQL.

More technical: probably mostly because I'm using a SQL Compact instance. It's reasonably fast but doesn't handle concurrent reads very well I don't think. I also haven't done a lot of tuning of queries so far. when it gets really annoying I'll figure out how to get resultsets back from raw SQL queries so I can tune them, and then when it gets annoying again I'll migrate over to SQL server or SQL express or something to speed it up.

edit: @Bones, yeah, you can do both at once haha.
edit again: wait actually no you can't, ****. that was poorly done on my part, I'll get that fixed up right quick.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah Cyrain's pools matches shouldn't be changed, he just forfeited his spot to Eggz on day 2.

Top Bottom