• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Okay, the suggestion submitting dialogue should be a lot more clear now. Go forth and flag!!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol Holy **** so many people from my region mislabeled. What are people thinking!

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I saw that as well amd jokingly thought "rigged." lol

@new flag form
Looks/performs way better!
Sweet!

Alright, guys, you now actually need an account to upload files. This is just so that if we need to get in touch with you about something that needs clearing up, we can do so easily. Making an account remains a 1-step process, so please don't let that deter you!

Rickety

Peace and Love
Is it okay to upload multiple tio files at a time, or would it be better to wait for one to be approved before submitting another? I have about five more tournament files on this computer and, if you don't mind the fairly old results, I would love to contribute them to your site! <3

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Is it okay to upload multiple tio files at a time, or would it be better to wait for one to be approved before submitting another? I have about five more tournament files on this computer and, if you don't mind the fairly old results, I would love to contribute them to your site! <3
Throw 'em at us! And we love old results, and are sorely missing them. Please send anything you can find our way :)

<3

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
In the midst of all these questions and fixes, I just wanna say: thank you very much. You're putting a lot of work into this, it seems.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
In the midst of all these questions and fixes, I just wanna say: thank you very much. You're putting a lot of work into this, it seems.
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I'm really excited with how excited everyone's been about it so far, and I want to make it as good as I can :)

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Since someone recommended it, I'm gonna start keeping a public list of things that are on the horizon. The things on my radar now are:

Allowing people to stay logged in between sessions
Allowing for case differences in uploaded files (eg so that mew2king in a tio file will get put with Mew2King on the site)
Creating a way for TOs to use the system easily to seed their tournaments.
Getting groups of regions implemented

That's in roughly increasing order of effort involved. Depending on my time constraints the next few days, I'd love to get seeding done in time for this weekend's tournies so people can start trying it out; other than that they'll pop up in about the above order, assuming nothing else urgent pops up.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I just flagged myself as a Ganon main. Now I can find out how I compare to all the other Ganons. Also, I noticed one guy in NC had two different names, so I flagged that too.

This website is looking really nice. It's a lot better than when it was first made.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Canada (both EC and WC Canada) is really lacking data for their locals and regionals. Kage, can you try to get in touch with your local TOs and get tio files from them?

Also, who wants to remake ~15 No Johns brackets in tio?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Canada (both EC and WC Canada) is really lacking data for their locals and regionals. Kage, can you try to get in touch with your local TOs and get tio files from them?

Also, who wants to remake ~15 No Johns brackets in tio?
I'll do one.

Some cool data:

Character​
| # of Mains | Average Rating
Bowser | 2 | 1226
Captain Falcon | 102 | 1301
Donkey Kong | 19 | 1316
Dr. Mario | 25 | 1267
Falco | 149 | 1318
Fox | 180 | 1327
Ganondorf | 48 | 1247
Ice Climbers | 29 | 1350
Jigglypuff | 57 | 1301
Kirby | 3 | 1183
Link | 17 | 1256
Luigi | 30 | 1256
Mario | 6 | 1216
Marth | 108 | 1305
Mewtwo | 2 | 1324
Mr. Game & Watch | 5 | 1206
Ness | 7 | 1204
Peach | 109 | 1298
Pichu | 2 | 1131
Pikachu | 12 | 1282
Roy | 4 | 1369
Samus | 53 | 1282
Sheik | 138 | 1306
Yoshi | 10 | 1230
Young Link | 6 | 1188
Zelda | 8 | 1235

Average Ratings Ranking (10+ mains only)
1350 - Ice Climbers
1327 - Fox
1318 - Falco
1316 - Donkey Kong
1306 - Sheik
1305 - Marth
1301 - Captain Falcon/Jigglypuff
1298 - Peach
1282 - Samus/Pikachu
1267 - Dr. Mario
1256 - Luigi/Link
1247 - Ganondorf
1230 - Yoshi

[collapse=Character Mains Distribution]
[/collapse]

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
There are really 138 sheiks?

She's the 3rd most common character?

Really interesting, I always felt like she was the least played high/top tier character.

Bones0

Smash Legend

Really interesting, I always felt like she was the least played high/top tier character.
I was pretty surprised by that too. I looked into it and there's a pretty interesting regional difference when it comes to US vs. other countries.

Fox Mains By Region
US: 68.33% -- (123/180)
Other: 24.44% -- (44/180)
Unknown: 7.22% -- (13/180)

Sheik Mains By Region
US: 56.52% -- (78/138)
Other: 34.78% -- (48/138)
Unknown: 8.70% -- (12/138)

In Europe, Sheik is a cool character with a pretty beast ftilt. In the states, she's a cutthroat ***** that makes it a point to demoralize 3/4ths of the cast with a single grab.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It's interesting that ICs have the highest rating, because I've heard from multiple people that they believe ICs have the highest ratio of successful players to total players of the character. This data seems to confirm that.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It does confirm my theory also where you really HAVE to know Ganon inside and out in order to do really well with him. If not he's just an easy punching bag otherwise.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Okay, I should have time tomorrow.

Or I could just do it now since I have insomnia. x_x

Didn't feel like emailing it... lol I double checked the names against the database and uploaded it. >_>

Also, don't let the file name fool you. The date in Tio is correct. I just like my files organized by year, month, then day (10.11.06 = Nov 6th, 2010).

FoxLisk

Smash Lord

Might be partly due to the past - back in the day, sheik was hugely popular, although she's not so much anymore. The US/EU breakdown was interesting too.

Also, don't let the file name fool you. The date in Tio is correct. I just like my files organized by year, month, then day (10.11.06 = Nov 6th, 2010).
you are literally the only person in the whole world who does that why would you do that

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you e-mail it and let a staff member upload, it gets processed more quickly. It won't be very important after we get a lot of data and it's just "This tourney happened last weekend" stuff being uploaded, but for not it does help.

Varist

Smash Lord
the top 10's getting more and more legitimate. Armada, then Mango, then PP, then Hbox, then M2K. That's the exact hierarchy everyone was standing by a few months ago.

Pretty cool

only1Z

Smash Champion
So this is relatively small on the radar, but "only1z" "Z" and "z" are all me, combine those bad boys?

Apparently "only1Z" as well.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Yeah I beat PC at pound...pools can be a silly thing. I've been the only z in melee so it was weird finding me under a bunch of names.
I'm kind of a poor white boy, but everyone else is gearing up for it so I guess I'll see what I can do.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Duck, from Michigan, was not at 'E52 Battle To End Hunger' which was recently added to his history. I believe that's a different person named Perfect Duck, from Kansas.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Hey guys,

Marc just found an issue where in rare circumstances, a player can be counted as losing 3 sets in a tournament.

This is caused by, in your tio file:

1) For the first set of grand finals, selecting the player coming from losers as winning
2) For the second set of grand finals, select the player coming from winners as winning
3) Changing your mind and setting the first set of grand finals as being won by the player from winners.

If you notice this anywhere, please let us know. Hopefully that's weird/rare enough not to have happened much. it is now fixed and not something you should worry about in the future.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
you are literally the only person in the whole world who does that why would you do that
It's the only "correct", international, and language independent way to express dates. And it's the official one in my country. And it can be sorted.

Top Bottom