• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official: SSBPD unsupported; source code released.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
No problem, let us know if you need anything else.

btw, FoxLisk, you should add some kind of comment box on the site for when simply flagging players isn't enough.
I should indeed. I will figure that out soonish. I will also go delete Berlin calling.

Edit what? There is no Berlin calling?
:phone:

Bones0

Smash Legend
I still think you should try to implement Sveet's player-name-checker-majigger with the processing screen to avoid incorrect naming in the first place. TOs could get rid of a lot of the busy work just by going "Oh, Prosmasher11 is already in the database as ProSmasher11!" *click* Or at least being able to do that as a mod would certainly speed things up. I think a lot of the misnaming of players could be swaying ratings by a good number of points. Some of the players with generic names have gotten multiple tournaments with wildly varying levels of success, and losing to a good player who entered under their real name could give your Elo quite a hit.

/$0.02

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
He finally came through the uploaded Advent 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7. Not sure what's up with 5, 6, and 8 though.
Advent 3 actually only contained a couple teams and no bracket. Completely useless file, but I doubt there's any helping it. I left it on the database as a placeholder.

Also, the Advent 1 file you reuploaded has Pi as III in the swiss section. Just a heads up, since it's locked.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Berlin Calling appears to be fixed / working now.
Advent 3 actually only contained a couple teams and no bracket. Completely useless file, but I doubt there's any helping it. I left it on the database as a placeholder.

Also, the Advent 1 file you reuploaded has Pi as III in the swiss section. Just a heads up, since it's locked.
Ok, I had no idea since on the swiss results it lists him as III. There's something wrong with that file so I'll just have to wait for FoxLisk to fix it. Also, I don't know how to merge Pi and III in the tio file without breaking everything. Hopefully leaving it as is and then merging them after processing it will be fine.

All of the advents have to be re-uploaded with the swiss results entered manually. It's a very time consuming process (Advent 1 took me 45 minutes) but most of the results are in the swiss prelims rather than the brackets.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but a new system for flagging someone as another player would be really useful. It's currently a large drop-down menu with an unorganized list of players, it's ridiculously difficult to find your actual alias.

This alias is me. Also, I added the suggestions for my region (WA) and character (puff) so just confirming that as truth myself :)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but a new system for flagging someone as another player would be really useful. It's currently a large drop-down menu with an unorganized list of players, it's ridiculously difficult to find your actual alias.

This alias is me. Also, I added the suggestions for my region (WA) and character (puff) so just confirming that as truth myself :)
The drop down actually works as long as you were viewing the player list by name, and not by rating. It took me like 2 weeks to realize that. lol

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
The drop down actually works as long as you were viewing the player list by name, and not by rating. It took me like 2 weeks to realize that. lol
O.o really? I should probably fix that...

BEES

Smash Lord
This is a great resource. Is there a way to change our main on the site?

Also, what if two players have the same name?

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
from WI, John and John! are the same person, but I don't want to look through the non-alphabetized dropdown menu of every players name to flag John as John!

Bones0

Smash Legend
If someone could clear up the issue with "Lemon" and "Mr Lemon" that'd be helpful. Just lmk which tournaments belong to each player, and what their mains/locations are.

This is a great resource. Is there a way to change our main on the site?

Also, what if two players have the same name?
You can't change your main, but if you flag it we can.

from WI, John and John! are the same person, but I don't want to look through the non-alphabetized dropdown menu of every players name to flag John as John!
Well like I said before, it's alphabetized if you were viewing players by name and not by rating (hopefully it's fixed soon anyway though). You can also just double click the drop down (once to make it open, then again to close it), and then type in the name manually.

Can you confirm all of the sets for "John" are actually for "John!"? I don't want to give him random losses because of some noob that entered as John.

Bones0

Smash Legend
@BEES
Taken care of. Make sure when you enter tournaments from now on you specify that your tag is all caps. Also, if you have a spare moment go through your match history and help flag other players. If you know where they live or who they main, just throw us a quick flag so we can correct it. Also, if you see they have any duplicate tags with matches that belong to them, let us know. Thanks. ^_^

@FoxLisk
It seems you can't rename players to the same name with different caps. I had to change Bees to Beese before changing it to BEES. It's not a major issue obviously, but if it's a quick fix it would help.

BEES

Smash Lord
So there appears to be another Bees in Boston.

The IAP 2012 SSBM Tournament results are not mine. I'm all caps and he isn't, but I don't know if that's enough. Should I add NC-BEES to distinguish us?

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'll add you in as BEES-NC. Again, just make sure future TO's know so when they upload the bracket your results go to the correct tag.

@FoxLisk
Kind of have an issue with creating new players. I created a "Bees" and assigned a set to him from "BEES-NC", but when I checked the tournament, it listed "Bees" as having used Roy even though his main as a newly created player is "?". Unless that was intentional in which case you can disregard it, because now that I think about it that might be preferred in some situations...

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
our TO's are slacking or they refuse to upload due to laziness, so I've been uploading our tournaments using the bracket images in our results threads.

BEES

Smash Lord
The average rank for a character's top 10 players looks like it would correlate pretty strongly with its tier position.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Make sure the list is organized by name, or just click the drop down and type the name in. It's really very simple.

Seems like ORLY is butthurt about his Elo rating. lol

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Make sure the list is organized by name, or just click the drop down and type the name in. It's really very simple.

Seems like ORLY is butthurt about his Elo rating. lol
I'm going to just manually write down the bracket of all tournaments I go to so that I can recreate them in TIO if the TO isn't going to be uploading it.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Yeah, and by doing it this way I'm losing all the pools results.
He has them, he told me so. He just refuses to aid this project for unknown reasons.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm not so much surprised someone is ignorant enough to want this project to fail, but rather that they would hide their reasoning. Surely if he thinks the project is bad for the community he would come forth and explain why... If he's afraid of events being seeded inaccurately because of the system, he might as well upload results anyway because a few TOs not uploading results isn't going to stop people from using this as a seeding method. It's just going to give his entire region ****tier seeds...

GodLi

Smash Cadet
Godly should be GodLi and I main marth
Zero's games from Smashing Grounds is a different Zero from Illinois who mains Sheik

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
So there appears to be another Bees in Boston.

The IAP 2012 SSBM Tournament results are not mine. I'm all caps and he isn't, but I don't know if that's enough. Should I add NC-BEES to distinguish us?
Read this post carefully nintendude. Read It over and over again until you understand what thou hath wrought.

@tgd thank you so much for taking it upon yourself to help us out - it is very much appreciated. If ORLY would be interested in talkIng about any of his concerns, tell him that I'd be more than happy to talk to him about the project and his reasons for not wanting to help out. Maybe I can clear some things up or show him that this is a worthwhile project after all.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Yes, I'm aware of the caps issue that has been brought up here. I still say, though, that capitalization is a very naive and error-prone way of distinguishing between players and I think that the benefits of removing case-sensitivity far outweigh the cons.

I think the best course of action is to rename these players BEES (NC) and Bees (MA) respectively, and to still not have case-sensitivity.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Relax, I'm just poking fun. get on AIM and remind me what I need to do tonight plz

Top Bottom