• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm the new best MK in Texas. Put him next to my name when I get honorary B tier.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As long as it updates before Nikefest, it won't matter.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Updated with these tournaments:

July 9, 2011 - Nexus
July 16, 2011 - Sync's Sex Saloon 7
July 23, 2011 - Phase X-3
July 30, 2011 - Sync's Sex Saloon 8
July 30, 2011 - NikeFest 3.5

Also, had a dream last night that when I updated this, Dekar was #1 with 2599, and razer/gnes/dojo were all below 2k points LOL. Some dream :p

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just find two-three people that are a tier or two above you and make them your next target to defeat at future tourneys.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Leave me and my logic alone. :(

Oh, and obviously don't underestimate anyone in lower tiers, because it only takes one upset...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I do too. Still doesn't make it any less silly, Zac. :p
@RT: Addendum: Pray they don't hard counter you.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Zac, why are you still listed as retired? XD

Jumped a whole tier myself. Gotta do so again at Nikefest :]

Magik in "11th." RGV da bess :awesome:

Hype for all thers moving up too!

What are you planning to do about Pwii? Ranked 4th in NY/NJ, it'd be really unfair for a lot of people to start him off at 1600.

Tesh

Smash Hero
This winner's bracket/loser's bracket stuff is serious business I guess.
Bio beat:
P4, Sync,Me and Diego and only got 9 points?
I don't get how losing to someone in B tier twice cancels all of that out so hard.

also i think im in the exact same spot.....

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
This winner's bracket/loser's bracket stuff is serious business I guess.
Bio beat:
P4, Sync,Me and Diego and only got 9 points?
I don't get how losing to someone in B tier twice cancels all of that out so hard.

also i think im in the exact same spot.....
I'm working on re-evaluating this, as well as adjusting point gain/loss based on frequency of tournament participation. Currently in the Melee back room doing big research on making this project global.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I assume with this current system, wins in losers' bracket especially don't amount to much if a player goes to tourneys semi-regularly?

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
win you win points, lose you lose points. Player with more points (WINS) is higher than other players.

The list you see on the front page lists players who likely win and those who likely lose

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't see why it should matter. You said a pro could in theory "farm" loser's bracket but he would still only get points based on the quality of the players he beats. The players in Loser's bracket are the same skill they were in Winner's bracket. If I beat a good player in Loser's bracket, why should that be worth less than beating a good player in Winner's bracket? Just because Loser's is bigger?

Well why don't you just make larger tournament worth less. Couldn't a top player "farm" a larger tournament with lower skill?

MY point is the system should auto-balance itself out because of the points won being determined by who you beat, not how many people you beat. If I plow through 10 people with 1500 points each, its not going to be worth more than beating, gnes, espy, trela, razer and dojo. Sure I beat more people and had an easier time doing it, but they weren't good so it wasn't worth as much.

Lets say I beat Bio, Sync and Trela in Loser's bracket. Why is that only half as good as beating Bio, Sync and Trela in Winner's bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom