• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Texas Power Rankings! - Updated June 15, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Congrats to all the people that went up!

Should've gone to San Japan and farmed those con scrub points :/

Nike.

Smash Hero
I feel like I didn't earn that. Beating con noobs and losing to Espy/Prime like usual gave me over 30 points?

Major congrats to KPrime, he earned that rise.

Tesh

Smash Hero
But most of those con noobs were in Winner's Bracket, so you should be pretty proud of yourself. :squirtle:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
it won't be long before k prime is above trela

and then the world

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Sweet.
That's kinda cool. What city?
Begins with a "H" ends with "ouston."
Oh, silly me. Misinterpreted "our PR".
No no espy i guess i worded it wrong. When i said "our pr" i meant TEXAS. But since hes moving to HOUSTON i guess "our pr" means houston too.

I blew chunks reading this.

Updated, added:

DMT 9=7-30-2011
SSS 9=8-6-2011
Revolution 4=8-6-2011
Batou's Monthly=8-6-2011
San Japan=8-6-2011

Congrats to Xyro for making B-tier!!! and screwing up his samus tag.
I checked the file.

I have :Samus2: instead of :samus2:

sorry, foo!

EDIT: how about YOU stop messin' up and get the TITLE of the thread right??@?@?@?@?@?@?@?@?

Vinnie should be higher. Xyro did you give a base value to Vinnie? He needs to be at least 1900. He's ranked 3rd I believe in NY.
I didnt want to take the chance at screwing up the program so i didnt give vinnie a base stat. I think thats ok though because hes done with tx until january AND its not like it will take him forever to climb to his deserved position. I seriously see him entering 3-4 more tournies and he will gain top of A or S tier status. Cause he wont lose to anybody until WFs or LFs so thats a poop ton of points hes stealing per event.

Holy crap K Prime is above Espy.
At san japan he beat espy in WF and GFs.

Why does Xyro have (retired) next to his name?
Cause now that i have my icon next to my name, im done entering events that can take my points away.

When will this be done? Cause seeing huge jumps like Zero for example being around the mid-point of E-tier and jumping to almost top of D-Tier/bottom of C-tier cause of one tournament is pretty... off.
Zero climbed so much cause at Nfest 3.5 he defeated 5 people and never lost a set. Im also sure that 4 of those 5 people were high above him on the tx pr AND since he beat them in WINNERS bracket he pretty much got the max amount of points possible for his situation. His major jump is deserved. Now, if he were to do the exact same thing again, he wouldnt get as many points nor jump as high because im pretty sure he passed up most of the people he beat on the pr now.

Believe it or not, this system works pretty good.

Reizilla

Thing about Vinnie is that he's gonna **** A and B tier's points. Just look at what he did to Denti on this update.

Xyro77

Thing about Vinnie is that he's gonna **** A and B tier's points. Just look at what he did to Denti on this update.
Every win against people like denti will mean less and less because vinnie will be climbing higher and higher. PLUS, people like denti will have 6 months to get their points back. LOL not only will they get them back but they will be higher than before. Besides, Denti REALLY IS top 6 in this state and his results prove it. Hes fine. no worries.

edit: zac just told me on AIM hes done with retirement. YESSSSSSSSSS

Reizilla

I'm just saying, it sucks for someone like Denti to lose 50 points to someone that's clearly better than him.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
He's an ICs not a G&W. He admitted playing against TX MKs as G&W was harder/gayer than he previously though. He also didn't use G&W for the two TX tourneys this weekend, except maybe 1 game.

Xyro77

This should be incorrect. What name did you enter Vinnie under for Whobo 3?
YOU did it, Zacy poo.

<!-- Players listed here will not show up in the outputed rankings file -->
<!-- You can list your Out-of-State players here -->
<PlayersToSkipOutputting>
<Name>Hylian</Name>
<Name>Ally</Name>
<Name>M2K</Name>
<Name>ADHD</Name>
<Name>Atomsk</Name>
<Name>San</Name>
<Name>LeeMartin</Name>
<Name>Jnig</Name>
<Name>Hyro</Name>
<Name>RedHalbert</Name>
<Name>Bassem</Name>
<Name>Holms</Name>
<Name>Domo</Name>
<Name>Mr. Doom</Name>
<Name>Clel</Name>
<Name>PikaPika</Name>
<Name>Affinity</Name>
<Name>Typ_Ex</Name>
<Name>Shade</Name>
<Name>Inui</Name>
<Name>Chuck Nasty</Name>
<Name>Arcadia</Name>
<Name>Snakee</Name>
<Name>Le Thien</Name>
<Name>Zeton</Name>
<Name>Steeler</Name>
<Name>Fino</Name>
<Name>Kosmos</Name>
<Name>4rce</Name>
<Name>5king</Name>
<Name>Sonic Storm</Name>
<Name>Rh(D)</Name>
<Name>TheRealInferno</Name>
<Name>Blaine</Name>
<Name>Roni</Name>
<Name>Ran Iji</Name>
<Name>Trent</Name>
<Name>Battousai</Name>
<Name>Tag</Name>
<Name>Jiovanni</Name>
<Name>Chozo</Name>
<Name>Triforce of Chozo</Name>
<Name>YOSH</Name>
<Name>Kinzer</Name>
<Name>Dekar</Name>
<Name>Tetsuya</Name>
<Name>Florida Guy</Name>
<Name>JoWii</Name>
<Name>MikeHaze</Name>
<Name>Johrune</Name>
<Name>D Disciple</Name>
<Name>Deva</Name>
<Name>Joshua</Name>
<Name>AngryBadger</Name>
<Name>Mjg</Name>
<Name>Ally - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>ADHD - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Vinnie - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Atomsk - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Shugo - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Will - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Inui - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Logic - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Tyrant - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Mvd - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>RedHalberd - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Esam - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Domo - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Mr. Doom - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>RichBrown - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Zeton - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Silly Kyle - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Holms - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Seibrik - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Noid - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Nicole - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Ripple - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Kurado - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Xaltis - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Chaz - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Coney - Whobo 3</Name>
<Name>Teh Future - Whobo 3</Name>
</PlayersToSkipOutputting>

from my understanding, vinnie's deeds at whobo 3 and ONLY whobo 3 didnt count. any other time(aka this past weekend) DID count. this is very fair imo.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
congrats to nike, xyro, and sync. you guys earned your "jumps".

my "jump" would've been more fulfilling if i actually beat espy game 3. shoulda, woulda, coulda. :awesome:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
EDIT: Ok Xyro I see what's happening. You are right. We didnt count whobo 3 for vinnie, but thats not a problem. He's rating went up since then and the base rating we gave him now makes up for it.

That's not how it works. Note it says "Players listed here will not show up in the outputed rankings file"

The players are still calculated like any other in-state player. Just pretend like all OoS players are in-state. Everybody goes through the process.

When the program finishes and gets a final list of ratings, it simple deletes the lines with OoS player names in it.

@Dojo, he's just doing that Hylian crap.

Denti

Smash Master
whoa whoa whoaaaa, why am I below Zac, vinnie, K prine and Espy now?

>.>

I thought I ***** at 2 tournaments this weekend.

Oh wait, I guess losing to out of state players at DMT brought me wayyyyyyyyyyyy down. What did you do, judge them at 1600 points?? >.>

Xyro77

i told you >__< losing to out of state still counts as 1600 people...so losing to m2k would be like losing to random scrubs
Damn, so my goal is to avoid tournaments where high level out of state players attend within Texas? >.>
incorrect. in the case of a KNOWN top player such as m2k he would not be treated as 1600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom