• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

SuperShrine

Smash Rookie
Hi, I see that you are really excited with this topic, he he he...well, I´m here to say my opinion so...I think that the characters who have to be in Brawl are Roy, Ness and Marth.

The first one, because he was the first portable lord and is really representative and important (he is also a good fighter); not only for the people who program Fire emblem; he is important for the fans, too. And also, I guess he has the proud to be in Brawl; he has a lot of atacks, uniques! Nobody of the others series have his abilities!, the problem is that the programers don´t have so much creativity; Roy is a character who can have a lot of abilities, and not be a clon of anybody; he has to be in Brawl.

I hope he´ll be there, for his big important; I like also his personality. He´s the character who I will like to see the most. Ike can´t replace him, and Lyn too (cuz she is only an assistent), so he has to be there. For the fans, for the proud and for the justice!

Ness has to be in Brawl, because is not fair if he disapear; he has a lot of fans around the world, and he must be there. They can´t just replace him, because that is not democrathic, but I´m not going to express so much about this topic, cuz now I know that it closed.

Marth is another character who has to be in Brawl, cuz he is the first of all the Fire emblem series, and he can´t just go out. ;)

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Hi, I see that you are really excited with this topic, he he he...well, I´m here to say my opinion so...I think that the characters who have to be in Brawl are Roy, Ness and Marth.

The first one, because he was the first portable lord and is really representative and important (he is also a good fighter); not only for the people who program Fire emblem; he is important for the fans, too. And also, I guess he has the proud to be in Brawl; he has a lot of atacks, uniques! Nobody of the others series have his abilities!, the problem is that the
Oh yeah, I called the right guy.

TheLeperKhan

Smash Cadet
Roy's in one game out of the whole series. Marth is set to be in three.

As many have said in other threads, as well as on other informative sites on the net: Roy was in Melee to advertise his upcoming game, which wasn't out when Melee hit Japan. He won't return.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Roy's in one game out of the whole series. Marth is set to be in three.

As many have said in other threads, as well as on other informative sites on the net: Roy was in Melee to advertise his upcoming game, which wasn't out when Melee hit Japan. He won't return.
Actually, he's been in two. He starred in one, and had a small cameo in the other. I don't even know if he had face time but I do know he is at least mentioned.

But yes, Roy was advertisement in Melee. At best, he's been totally remade (Ike=Roy2.0 theory, anyone?); at mediocrity, he's still in but has taken a severe luigification (which, IMO, should be room better made for other, more popular FE characters) OR he's come back simply as an AT.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I believe G&W will come back.He is too unique to not IMO. Mewtwo may or may not.
QFT.

He just needs a couple of buffs, and he's perfect :chuckle:
Buffs? Why the hell does G&W need more Buffs!? He so good as is. Omg. Lol. If your a good Game and Watch...your set for almost every match to be an awesome one, win or lose.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
But yes, Roy was advertisement in Melee. At best, he's been totally remade (Ike=Roy2.0 theory, anyone?); at mediocrity, he's still in but has taken a severe luigification (which, IMO, should be room better made for other, more popular FE characters) OR he's come back simply as an AT.
As long as I can see my little ginger buddy again. :p

Buffs? Why the hell does G&W need more Buffs!? He so good as is. Omg. Lol. If your a good Game and Watch...your set for almost every match to be an awesome one, win or lose.
I think he was talkin' about Mewtwo. xD

Dynamism

Smash Lord
so the ginger stands for his red hair? RRRR!!! his power level is more like 2, not OVER 9000!
jk, I like Roy too.
I suck with him so he's like the only reason I play melee still cause I can actually get better with him.

And he was talking about M2. And M2 will have some changes for the better. G&W is just nuts, even with a few changes he'll still be nuts no matter what. He'll be back for shizzle.

Brawl will be perfect :)

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
so the ginger stands for his red hair? RRRR!!! his power level is more like 2, not OVER 9000!
jk, I like Roy too.
I suck with him so he's like the only reason I play melee still cause I can actually get better with him.

And he was talking about M2. And M2 will have some changes for the better. G&W is just nuts, even with a few changes he'll still be nuts no matter what. He'll be back for shizzle.

Brawl will be perfect :)
Haha! It's about time someone noticed why I've got 9001 in my name. ;)

And this game BETTER be perfect! Did you hear about the rumor of the new release date?! It's sounding pretty convincing! :mad:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Haha! It's about time someone noticed why I've got 9001 in my name. ;)

And this game BETTER be perfect! Did you hear about the rumor of the new release date?! It's sounding pretty convincing! :mad:

don't worrie the game woud be, as for the release date..... I don't have any idea you are talking about. oh no DID SOMEONE DISCOVER MY APRIL FOOL JOKE??!!

N!co

Smash Rookie
Sorry, you're wrong.

All the characters who are confirmed are the only characters returning.
Sorry, but you are completely wrong. Take a second and think about what you said.

You are basically saying that the likes of Luigi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon and even Marth wont be seen in Brawl. It's not going to happen.

It has even been announced that the makers of the game are completely redo-ing Ganondorf with his sword and Luigi with his Poltergust 3000. Captain Falcon is from the huge series 'F-Zero' which can not possibly be left out of this game and Marth needs to be there to help back up Ike. Possibly even another Fire Emblem character should be included..

As for returning Melee characters, I believe the leaving list will be the following;

1. Dr. Mario
Masahiro Sakurai personally announced that he was only included in Melee for the music from his games. Seeing as they are now taking music from all over the place, he will probably just be dropped to being an Assist Trophy and the music will probably stay and be on a Mario stage.

2. Ness
In the "Lucas: Special Moves" post on the Dojo, Masahiro says the following; "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now...". This is an almost certain confirmation of the exclusion of Ness.

3. Roy
This guy would be way too similar to Marth and Ike so I think they would probably drop him to Assist Trophy for this reason.

4. Pichu
He is an exact clone of Pikachu and Masahiro announced that there will be no clones in Brawl. Pichu probably won't even be a Pokeball character because I can't see what move he would have that would differ him from the Pikachu character.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'm glad there are more avatar stealers around ;) jk , but seriously, that quote was like ages ago. Keep fairly recent if you can. Good picks on who's leaving but Ganon doesn't need a sword for his whole move set, and it was never stated that he will.

And that new delay is just a dumb thing that involves some stores that don't know wtf is going on. What evs.

PERFECT SSBB FTW

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
don't worrie the game woud be, as for the release date..... I don't have any idea you are talking about. oh no DID SOMEONE DISCOVER MY APRIL FOOL JOKE??!!
And that new delay is just a dumb thing that involves some stores that don't know wtf is going on. What evs.

PERFECT SSBB FTW
I hope your right, brothas. I hope your right. :dizzy:

those are the two "DUH"s Luigi, Jiggly, Shiek and Ganon were already leaked. But C. Falcon is just a complete DUH.
Nah, Black Shadow is replacing C. Falcon. :cool:

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I'm glad there are more avatar stealers around ;) jk , but seriously, that quote was like ages ago. Keep fairly recent if you can. Good picks on who's leaving but Ganon doesn't need a sword for his whole move set, and it was never stated that he will.

PERFECT SSBB FTW
Lol, interesting you should mention avatar stealers, as I was about halfway through N!co's post before I thought to myself "Wtf, that's not Dynamism!"

And of course Black Shadow will replace C. Falcon. Right after they replace Mario with one of those little star-dudes from SMG. Didn't you all read the memo? :p

N!co

Smash Rookie
I'm glad there are more avatar stealers around ;) jk , but seriously, that quote was like ages ago. Keep fairly recent if you can.

yea sorry i just signed up for this site yesterday and the settings were still set for the oldest posts to show first..
man i have had SO many thoughts about this game for so long. its great to be here and talk to people i can relate to :)
Smashing takes up a big part of my life lol ;)

yea i didnt mean to steal your avatar though, i just used to be a huge fan of banjo and found it was the only banjo avatar on the list..

hmmm.. im pretty sure i heard they'r adding a sword for him

those are the two "DUH"s Luigi, Jiggly, Shiek and Ganon were already leaked. But C. Falcon is just a complete DUH.
yea you're absolutely right. i remember now that i heard they were working on a seperate character for Sheik too... does anyone know if its true or not?

Nah, Black Shadow is replacing C. Falcon. :cool:
you are insane my friend. i agree with The rAt;

And of course Black Shadow will replace C. Falcon. Right after they replace Mario with one of those little star-dudes from SMG.[/COLOR][/FONT]
in other words you will never see C. Falcon go

N!co

Smash Rookie
Duh

I hope that the characters in my sig at least return.

Most of them with new move sets hopefully.

the only character you have to worry about is Ness (as I explained earlier). other than that, all of those can be added to that "DUH" list SeigK was talking bout :)

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Lol, interesting you should mention avatar stealers, as I was about halfway through N!co's post before I thought to myself "Wtf, that's not Dynamism!"

And of course Black Shadow will replace C. Falcon. Right after they replace Mario with one of those little star-dudes from SMG. Didn't you all read the memo? :p
Indeed. Samus will be replaced by Ridley, Luigi will be replaced by Baby Luigi, Ganon will be replaced by Tingle, Donkey Kong will be replaced by Funky Kong, Kirby will be replaced for Master Hand, and Link will be replaced by a stick. It's gonna happen. Just you guys wait. It'll be a new update soon. :)

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
yea sorry i just signed up for this site yesterday and the settings were still set for the oldest posts to show first..
man i have had SO many thoughts about this game for so long. its great to be here and talk to people i can relate to :)

yea i didnt mean to steal your avatar though, i just used to be a huge fan of banjo and found it was the only banjo avatar on the list..

yea you're absolutely right. i remember now that i heard they were working on a seperate character for Sheik too... does anyone know if its true or not?

Welcome to the Boards. Just so you know, double posting (posting twice in a row) is frowned upon.

Exactly. Captain Falcon in Smash Bros is like bananas in a peanut butter sandwhich; delicious. :cool:

Indeed. Samus will be replaced by Ridley, Luigi will be replaced by Baby Luigi, Ganon will be replaced by Tingle, Donkey Kong will be replaced by Funky Kong, Kirby will be replaced for Master Hand, and Link will be replaced by a stick. It's gonna happen. Just you guys wait. It'll be a new update soon. :)
Lol, all I can think of now is the Master Twig.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I know a lot of people are going to disagree with my opinion, but I think Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Luigi, Marth, and Sheik are the only un-confirmed veterans whose return is necessary. The rest who aren't mentioned I consider replaceable or irrelevant.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I know a lot of people are going to disagree with my opinion, but I think Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Luigi, Marth, and Sheik are the only un-confirmed veterans whose return is necessary. The rest who aren't mentioned I consider replaceable or irrelevant.
I'm cool with that list :p
But you forget Jigglypuff :ohwell:

Dynamism

Smash Lord

Welcome to the boards!!!
Don't worry about the stealing thing. It happens ocasionally.

Alot of people want Ganon to have a sword because it's part of his WW and TP character and it will declone him from Falcon. I really think he should NOT have a sword because we need a larger character that's fairly huminoid. Ike can be the powerhouse with a sword. Black Shadow could be the new melee Ganon-ish character but well, he'll replace Falcon then ;) jk

That Sheik thing was just leaked in some interview where they said "working on Link, Ganon and Sheik for SSBB blah blah..." So nobody really knows. I don't think he/she/it/potatoe really has to be back either way.

rAt IS insane!!!! :psycho: Wait until he makes one of his "normal" sized posts ;)

the only character you have to worry about is Ness (as I explained earlier). other than that, all of those can be added to that "DUH" list SeigK was talking bout :)
I guess he could worry about Sheik and maybe Falcon too ;)

I hope that the characters in my sig at least return.

Most of them with new move sets hopefully.
Yes, nice sig. And where's Pichu?!?!?! :( He's the best character! You can forget about Pichu! He's Top Tier!
HAHAHA no **** that thing!

they should put in young link except how he is in wind waker, that way he won't be a clone
YEY!! CSLink Support FTW!

meh, can disagree too much. After all, you obviously "accidently" forgot Jiggs, Falco and G&W ;)

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer that ness just gets removed. He wasn't that popular in melee. To be honest, with myself, he will most likely still be in brawl due to his originality. The only people that might not return are Pichu, G&W, Doc, and Roy (even though I am starting to like Roy)
Where are people getting this "Game & Watch will be out" crap from? The most original and oldest character in Nintendo history is in Smash Bros... Let's keep him in!

Stryks

Smash Hero
But roy aint smash exclusive is he?
did roy start in 64?
is roy the main boss in the last 2 smash games?
was master hand a character added JUST to promote his upcoming game?
I rest my case...

Top Bottom