• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

moo56000

Smash Rookie
As much as i want geno in brawl... i also want mallow! i know he is not wanted by many but i loved him in super mario rpg

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I believe these characters will not return.

Falco - He is a clone and Krystal is enough for another SF rep.
Ness - Lucas killed his chances
Young link - Clone
Pichu - Clone
Dr. mario - no explanation needed.
Roy - unpopular and we now have ike.

Stealth309

Smash Apprentice
I believe these characters will not return.

Falco - He is a clone and Krystal is enough for another SF rep.
Ness - Lucas killed his chances
Young link - Clone
Pichu - Clone
Dr. mario - no explanation needed.
Roy - unpopular and we now have ike.
I got some countering for you, but I'm still going to remain friendly, so don't get pissed off.

Falco - My main in Melee and one of the only two clones worth de-cloning. Even though Krystal is popular, so ething in my gut tells me that people won't apprieciate her replacing Falco, as he was still very popular even though he was a clone and very easy character to adjust to if you're an aerial kind of fighter like me, and Falco has my vote for the best aerial fighter in the game, hands down. A must return!

Ness - Got nothing to say there except that I agree with you.

Young Link - Yeah, maybe the OOT version will be axed. But he is a very popular request to be replaced by the Cel-shaded version of Link, or the Wind Waker version in more understandable terms.

Pichu - Yeah, I agree with you there!

Doc - Maybe to become an alt. costume for Mario?

Roy - Yes, he will get axed and Marth will indeed return.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I got some countering for you, but I'm still going to remain friendly, so don't get pissed off.

Falco - My main in Melee and one of the only two clones worth de-cloning. Even though Krystal is popular, so ething in my gut tells me that people won't apprieciate her replacing Falco, as he was still very popular even though he was a clone and very easy character to adjust to if you're an aerial kind of fighter like me, and Falco has my vote for the best aerial fighter in the game, hands down. A must return!

Young Link - Yeah, maybe the OOT version will be axed. But he is a very popular request to be replaced by the Cel-shaded version of Link, or the Wind Waker version in more understandable terms.

I agree that Falco was very popular, but I never could and still cannot imagine a non-clone like moveset for him. Also, is Dr. Mario an aerial combatant? if so than I guess I have done alot of Aerial combat, so I can see why more would want him to return. As I said though, my main problem with him is that I cannot fathom a new unique and fun sounding moveset for him.

As for young link. I know OoT has no chance. I am not a big fan of WW link being in brawl, but I do know he has a large chance. I am mainly against him because I want midna w/ wolf link to be playable. Cannot have oversaturation of a series. Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and someone would be it. So one has to chose, and I chose Midna. If she gets cut from the running, than WW link is more than welcome.

As for the others. I agree with your agreement.

Stealth309

Smash Apprentice
I agree that Falco was very popular, but I never could and still cannot imagine a non-clone like moveset for him. Also, is Dr. Mario an aerial combatant? if so than I guess I have done alot of Aerial combat, so I can see why more would want him to return. As I said though, my main problem with him is that I cannot fathom a new unique and fun sounding moveset for him.

As for young link. I know OoT has no chance. I am not a big fan of WW link being in brawl, but I do know he has a large chance. I am mainly against him because I want midna w/ wolf link to be playable. Cannot have oversaturation of a series. Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and someone would be it. So one has to chose, and I chose Midna. If she gets cut from the running, than WW link is more than welcome.

As for the others. I agree with your agreement.
Okay. Maybe you couldn't imagine Falco being de-cloned and given new moves, but Mr. Sakurai could. He is a genius and he won't let us down.

roy_owns

Smash Lord

I got some countering too:

Falco- He must return Sakurai can pull of 3 StarFox reps.

Ness - Finally people shutup about him being in.

Young Link - CS Link, Anyone?

Pichu - No argument

Doc - Yeah I'd say an alt. costume for Mario though todays update did kinda hinted Wario was the only one with an alt. costume.

Roy - If Sakurai gove a crap about the West Roy's game was the most advertised FE game, and Roy is the most popular FE lord in the West.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I hate to say it to the Dr. Mario fans, (specifically Siegk) but I think its pretty obvious that Dr. Mario will be an alternate costume thanks to todays update. But thats just me. xD
Sakurai said:
Everyone can change colors, of course. But Wario alone is special...
Only Wario has Alt costumes :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
DIDN'T NOTICE THAT! xD

Though if you think about it...the alt. costume change is only for Wario? That seems kinda odd. I mean, we now know there is no reason they COULDN'T have alternate costumes for everyone. So I'm still going to expect more. :0
Everybody, even me, thinks Sakurai is just Mindgaming us :p
We'll see what happens :chuckle:

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thats not true we already know that Daisy's' an alt. costume for Peach
Um, thats not a costume... thats alternate colors. Costume is complete change of clothes, like if Link was to wear Zora armer. Thats a costume. Wario's overalls are a costume.

Samus into Fusion Suit is COLORS, not costume. If it looked like rubber fusion all over the suit, like the game, than it'd be a costume.

Costume and Colors are different people...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Um, thats not a costume... thats alternate colors. Costume is complete change of clothes, like if Link was to wear Zora armer. Thats a costume. Wario's overalls are a costume.

Samus into Fusion Suit is COLORS, not costume. If it looked like rubber fusion all over the suit, like the game, than it'd be a costume.

Costume and Colors are different people...
QFT.

To be honest I was confident that these alternate costumes weren't happening after E for All, when we saw that they truly only had color swaps. I was worried that Wario wouldn't get his classic suit, as well, though! I'm glad he did!

These are the characters that need to return:

Luigi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Marth
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Young Link (as WW Link of course. I'm curious to see as whether Sakurai will update him as a veteran or not.:laugh:)
Ganondorf
Falco

Here's the one I want to return but know won't:

Roy

Yeah. I can't believe that many veterans have not been updated. That's crazy. I can't see why Sakurai is holding back the character updates... Unless he removed a lot of them.

That would be awful.:ohwell:

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the rest of the original 12 are very, very likely. They all represent the various major franchises of Nintendo's history.

Out of the Melee-added characters, I'd say Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganondorf, Marth, and Mewtwo are likely to return, as they are all major and original characters.

Here is what I think is the order of who could be cut, starting with the most likely:

1. Dr.Mario
2. Young Link
3. Roy
4. Pichu
5. Ice Climbers
6. Sheik
7. Mr.Game&Watch
8. Falco
whats up with sheik?
why is it on there?
well probably because you had no idea.
because ice climbers returned anyways
and better then before. i think.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
QFT.
These are the characters that need to return:

Luigi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Marth
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Young Link (as WW Link of course. I'm curious to see as whether Sakurai will update him as a veteran or not.:laugh:)
Ganondorf
Falco

Here's the one I want to return but know won't:

Roy
This is my current state right now.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Here is my two cents on who is gonna return.

Need to comeback

1. Mewtwo
2. Luigi
3. Capt. Falcon
4. Ganondorf
5. Mr. Game & Watch

The rest I really dont care about. Nothing personal, just dont like them

kackameo

Smash Rookie
Luigi: I know he's coming back but he doesn't have to be anything like a clone, Mario gets his FLUUD, so why can't Luigi get his Vaccum?

I mean really though Luigi is WAY to important to cut

And plenty of people came up with Luigi's on moveset so I'm sure Sakurai can too.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
^Ugh.... they got to you too. :p
haha ya

I would be happy with Bomerman and Banjo just as well but originally I was in favor of Sonic and Megaman (because they are without a doubt the most important to the company Nintendo) but seing as MM is gone and Sonic is in...Geno wouldn't be too bad.

I actually had a dream about Geno and Mallow being in smash bros like 3 years ago so I guess I was always unconciously cheering for them :p

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I think these characters might return:

Luigi
Captain Falcon (Quite obvious)
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game and Watch (Why the freak not?)

Characters I want to return:

Luigi
Falcon
Mewtwo
Young Link
Mr. Game and Watch
Ganondorf
Roy

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
About just everyone can assum that Luigi will be in cause he is really important. but who else I think Captain Falcon and shiek and Ganondorf are the only ones who should return

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
About just everyone can assum that Luigi will be in cause he is really important. but who else I think Captain Falcon and shiek and Ganondorf are the only ones who should return
No one. Even without Luigi, Mewtwo, Game and Watch and Falco should return.

Top Bottom