• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ZANT Discussion Thread (TP spoilers)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Like a little chicken is better thane the monkey, dude they have the same type of attacks, thus if blaziken deserves a shot (which he doesnt) so wil lthe evolve form of the monkey, and im completely aware that thats not a full moveset, ive been playing smash since 64, U would THINK i would notice, I only do the B moves, since I dont have time for the A's...

Atticus finch, consider the all the time he will take to shoot the energy balls, and bring them down, someone can easily get close at attack him, thus the super will be cancelled, and in a small stage like, for say (knowing it wont be in brawl, its and example), Termina or fountain of dreams, being so small someone can attack him easily, so I suggested the slow mo thing, so, he can perform the atatck, but even tough being slow mo, someone can cancell the attack, but sinc eu move so slow, should u:

a) attack him thus, same urself from a powerful super
or
B) run as far as u can...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
BOOOOOOO Zant would be gay, he was just gannons puppet he has no place in this game.
So was Agahnim, Onox, Veran, and eventually even Vaati - all LoZ villians worthy of a SSBB roster spot, IMO. The fact that they were puppets shouldn't rule out a character's chances, though I think Midna would be a better candidate for TP...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeha I rather have midna than zant, but if both can be in, that wuld be awesome, Epok why would zant be gay? the reason u gave about being a puppet is and thus cant be in brawl is incredibly dum, I mean the guy was tought to be the main villain to beat at 3/4 of the game, til the bombshell that ganondorf is the guy behind us appear, zant had a much bigger role than ganondorf had actually, ganondorf rarely appeared in the game, just in a cut-scene and at the end, thast it, while Zant appeared all the game long, and thus tough to be the main threat...

Bobby, I MAY make a full moveset l8r on, but for now, b moves will do...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
The thing is, I can see Agahnim being in another Zelda game in the future. I can't see Zant though. And when the next big Zelda game comes out, will Zant just be old news? And not really be expected in the next Smash.

I admit, Zant was amazing. He had his own split personality and in then end made his revenge known. To those saying Ganondorf had him completely under his control, watch the ending again. Zant had power too... Power that could rival Ganondorf.

Anyway, I can see there being room for Zant. If you think about it most people were expecting Ganon. But now with the new Super Smash moves, there's a good chance Ganondorf will become Ganon for his move. Thus no need for Ganon now.

With the addition of Zamus, I doubt Shiek will be around anymore aswell.

So there's at least two openings there.

To add up to five like in Melee there's room for more.

Link
Ganon
Zelda

There's room for Midna, Zant and maybe even Wolf Link if needed. And who's to say Link won't have a transformation move aswell.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im hoping link wont transform into wolf, but meh I dont use him so I dont care... also Sheik was added in melee, and will probably nt return since sheik was a OoT character only, thus wont appear in other games, but who knows she may make a comeback, but doubt it, and since sheik was added in smash with one and only appearance, why cant zant? but gotta say Midna over zant, if midna doesnt get it, zant doesnt deserve it...

WR3K

Smash Ace
yea i would want midna in more but she has enough support.....

Zant wasnt just a mindless puppet either, he had his own backstory and motifs, how he got passed over for the throne, and he had his own agenda

WR3K

Smash Ace
maybe each characters items might change a little when they having them, like ganondorf have a beam sword turn into like a dark energy sword, maybe Zants could be like a twilight beam sword, give it like a turquoise glow

Stryks

Smash Hero
Zant is pretty awesome, weird, evil, insane, hes pretty awesome, I would have prefered him without the weirdness at 1st, but now I like him, being now one of my fav. bosses ever, im hoping he makes it XD...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
His personality during that battle was truly a one-of-a-kind deal, something I'll remember for the rest of Zelda history. It'd be cool if he made it, but it doesn't feel like it'll happen. Smash DOES lack a psycho character that nearly all other fighting games have, so who knows what could happen...

WR3K

Smash Ace
i wouldnt mind if SSBB used his character for alot of wacky, and or disturbing comic relief......
but they have wario for that....

Stryks

Smash Hero
But thats because of his wacky games, Zant is Insane PERIOD, at 1st u think hes just some awesome bad guy, and when u face him, all of a sudden hes some insane freak triying to kill u... that is simply awesome...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
The fight with Zant in Twilight Princess was very memorable to say the least, much more Ganondorf's (though possessed Zelda was really something - the rest was a little disappointeing though...). I think he's pretty much usurped (heh heh...) Vaati as the most likely Legend of Zelda villain (besides Ganon, of course) contender for the for the Brawl spot.

Azufer

Smash Rookie
Zant would be cool but i would prefer Midna over zant... Man... i really hope they put her in

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
I can honestly say Zant is a likely contender for Brawl.
He's Crazy, He spins like Crash Bandicoot and has a Wind Waker Ganon like Clothing.
Zant for Brawl : D

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Zant has some moves that already perfect for Brawl anyways (can spam beams, his spinning strike of death :p). It would be cool to see him make an appearance.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Just Like I did with megaman, I may do a full zant moveset, but not now, since me and some friends are gonna play some wii XD...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Like I promised here it is, it was harder to make than megaman's, since u only battle zant once and megaman has an infinete number of moves, still hope u enjoy:

Zant full moveset:

Stats:
Power: 4/5
Height: 4/5
Speed: 3.5/5
recovery: 3.5/5
weight: 3/5

A: Punch [3%]
AA: Punch [3%]
AAA: Knee [4-6%]

tilts:
Forward tilt: Big Boot [10-14%]
Up tilt: will thrusth his hand upward [9-12%]
Down Tilt: same as mario's [11-13%]
back Tilt: back elbow [10-14%

Smash:
<> Smash: Kinda like marios, only with a dark energy ball instead of the fire, and uses both hands [20-24%]
Up smash: does a jump and hits oponents with helmet [23-27%]
down smash: Sends his fist to the ground making a shockwave, anyone within the shockwave's way will get hit [18-23%]

running a:
Running with daggers *The move he does on the final stage when u fight him, gives 4 hits* [3-4% per hit]

aerials:
A: Sex kick [15-19%] *may think of something else*
AFA: Hammer punch *With both hands, he sends the oponent staright down, its a spike, after executing the attack he does a 360 degree turn, nad places himself in falling position* [17-22%]
ABA: Back kick [17-20%]
ADA: Same as ganondorf's [16-20%]
AUA: Similair to zelda's, but with a dark energy ball [18-22%]

Grab:
Hold: Hold oponent by the neck (choking)
attack: Sends dark-color electricity trough the oponents body
Forward throw: simply throws the oponent forward [14-17%]
back throw: sends him backwards and shoots shadow darts at him [20-22%]
Dwon throw: Sends oponent downward, and the stomps on the oponent rapidly about 2-4 times *just like he stomps on the 2nd stage when u fight him, only faster* [17-20%]
Upward throw: same as back throw only upwards

B moves:
B: Shadow darts: Those energy attacks that he does in the game, could be chargeable and thrown, but he cannont keep the charge, like samus and mewtwo style, once fully charged, or u let the attack go and someone will attack u when ur vulnerable...
<>B: Psycho spin: the spin he does in the game, would work like yoshis <>B, only thing is, if u use it too much, zant will get dizzy for 2-3 secs, and thus vulnerable
Down B: Zant shadow: This move will be hard to explain... the longer u hold the b button, the more powerful it gets, it has a max-power point, when it reaches it, the attack will unleash itself... anyway, an energy ball-like attack will appear in the ground, this ball will increase in size, depending on how long u hold b, u can use the control stick to move the ball, thus this ball will move farther or closer to zant depending in which direction u tilt the control stick, release b or charge it completely and the attack will burst and make a poweful attack and damage those near it, imagine like a mini volcano eruption, spitting the lava upward, but instead of lava it dark/shadow energy...
Upb: Teleportation: This move is sell explinatory (spell it rite?), he disappears and reapears in the directioon u til the control stick...

super: he will dash forward, if he strikes someone in his way, he will hold him/her/it with his hand, grabbing the neck, thus choking him/her/it, then zant will charge with his other hand a powerful energy, he then says "Fear the king of twilight!!!" witha menacing voice, then shoots the enery straight to the choking victim, unleashing a devastating dark attack that damages the oponent considerably...

Taunts
Taunt in game: Doeas a weird wacky pose
victory taunt: He levitates and dark energy starts to surround him
Victory taunt2: he stands on his knees, worshiping ganondorf, being his "god" and all...
victory taunt3: He laughs with an evil voice, the with one hand, he holds a dark energy ball...

kirby hat:
Kirby gets zants helmet-mask thing...

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I think it would be cool if he was in brawl and had a special with his smash token to turn the level into twlight or something like that but I would much rather see Wolf Link/Midna playable in brawl. Both of them would be nice or just allow Link to turn into Wolf Link/Midna.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nice moveset Stryks! However, wasn't Zant more speed based instead of power? I'm all okay with your ground moves, but your Aerial moves are a little unoriginal. I love your B moves though!

Since this thread already contains alot of spoilers, do your remember the boss battle in the dessert temple? Zant was there in the begin of the fight to, reviving the "real" boss. By doing so, he stuck a broad sword into it's head. I don't know, but perhaps they could give Zant a sort of move similair to Link's famous Dair too?

And since I'm pretty possitive Sheik is a goner, why not base some Aerial moves of Zant from her? Cause I can totally imagine Zant doing Sheik's Fair... Maybe that's just me? And since Young Link is likely to leave to, they should make Zant's potentail Dair more like Young Link's one instead of Link's.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah not only was I in a hurry, but had no ida for his aerials, I guess I can give it another try one of these days... Also I Just dont c zant with more speed than power, ganondorf gave him power so he can mix light and shadow and make darkness-thing, so I decided to gice him more pwer over speed, but I could be wrong, havent battled him in a while, ill add more speed fore now...

WR3K

Smash Ace
i wouldnt say 5 for power, he just doesnt seem like a power house, but def not a weekling, i think power 4/5 spead 3/5

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Not only is Zant a great choice, but SSBB DOES need more villians. Assuming Mewtwo, Bowser, and Dorf come back, with the addition of Meta-Knight and I guess Wario, that's still only five villians per... what, 30+ characters? More villian representation is great, and Zant is the way to go!

EDIT: I said SSBM. I suck.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
yes Zant would be cool, but why did you put Tp Spoiler if the name Zant in the title IS a spoiler

WR3K

Smash Ace
wouldnt his multiple colors look cool, or if the developers DO go all the way and have different costumes, what if his helmet formed cameo characters... like maybe his green color would give a face like bowser on his metal headwear(but was still pointy) instead of the reptileish thing thats on it right now... so far thats all i got, maybe it wouldnt be a good idea, or atleast the developers would have to get PRETTY creative...hrmm

Top Bottom