• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ZANT Discussion Thread (TP spoilers)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I would assume his multiple colors would just be recoloring the green Twilight runes on his robes with, say, blue, purple, red, and other colors. I can't find a decent enough picture that shows his robes, nor would I be able to recolor them anyway. Maybe someone should try that?

I think maybe one alternate uniform should be removing his helmet. Yeah, he looks stupid without his helmet, but it could be kinda cool.

EDIT: Here is something I found on deviantart that looks like it has recolor potential.

Stryks

Smash Hero
zant will probably have the helmet/helmet-less costumes, and his clothes wil lprobably change color, as well as the helmet, man I want a zant with black clothes and red lines... sweet...

@WR3K: any chance u can put my moveset on the 1st page, so some people can have an idea on how zant would fight??...

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a hard time wondering what Zant's Super Move should be.
One choice was he would Summon A bunch of Monsters like his Hologram did in the Twilight Zone dungeon.
Or he would change the stage to another one like he does when you battle him.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Or he would change the stage to another one like he does when you battle him.
He could knock someone off the stage, grab the emblem, and it would be a much smaller stage, and the guy wouldn't make it back! Somewhat cheap, but that's what the supermoves are for. Or all characters would respawn at their spawning points for that stage, with the same damage.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah, we shouldnt compare to guys like Wario who is clearly more intelegent that a guy who almost cast the twilight realm permanently on hyrule and who was a primary character in the last LoZ... yeah wario is WAY more smarter...

El HP

Smash Ace
Yeah, we shouldnt compare to guys like Wario who is clearly more intelegent that a guy who almost cast the twilight realm permanently on hyrule and who was a primary character in the last LoZ... yeah wario is WAY more smarter...
So you are comparing a comical character with a character that is supposed to be the evil ruler? bad comparison.

Have even seen how Zant acts when you fight him?

PS: Can somebody tell me why my entire sig does not appear.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Okay, you're just plain foolish for saying that Zant is dumb. In the same way that Carnage is dumb from Spiderman. There is a difference between being insane, and being "dumb".

Wow though, good post.

El HP

Smash Ace
Okay, you're just plain foolish for saying that Zant is dumb. In the same way that Carnage is dumb from Spiderman. There is a difference between being insane, and being "dumb".

Wow though, good post.
How is carnage dumb? that guy is a psycopath.

Donkey Kong is stupider and he's and obvious to get in.
DK is a comical character yet he doesn't behave like a complete idiot (Zant style) plus he has his own series and is an icon in the world of videogames.

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
How is carnage dumb? that guy is a psycopath.

DK is a comical character yet he doesn't behave like a complete idiot (Zant style) plus he has his own series and is an icon in the world of videogames.
Ladies and Gentleman Irony folks!

Your basically contracing yourself.
Zant doesn't act like a complete idiot either have you seen what he's done?

~Taken Control over Most of Hyrule
~Transformed Minda into the Imp creature
~Killed Ganon at the end of the game

Hell he even brought a giant Skeleton monster back to life.
I see no reason why Zant could not get in.

El HP

Smash Ace
Ladies and Gentleman Irony folks!

Your basically contracing yourself.
Zant doesn't act like a complete idiot either have you seen what he's done?

~Taken Control over Most of Hyrule
~Transformed Minda into the Imp creature
~Killed Ganon at the end of the game

Hell he even brought a giant Skeleton monster back to life.
I see no reason why Zant could not get in.
He is just ganon puppet simply was obeying his command and still you have not said anything about his real personality.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Zant definately has potential as a brawler and definately has a chance, but I kind of think therer are other characters who should get in before him. Even in Twilight Princess I believe Midna is more likely and deserving than Zant, and I personally think there should be representation from other games in the series than just TP (though I wouldn't be suprised if it was just TP). Unfortunately for Zant, I kind of feel he was overshadowed by Gannondorf in TP, which I think may effect his chances. I wouldn't say he's one of my most requested characters, but if he was in I'm sure I'd enjoy using him.

And concerning the topic about Zant's intelligence, he's psychotic due to being denied his 'right' to be the twilight ruler, so usurped Midna in order to become king with help from Gannondorf, and then became a dictator of sorts. He's not dumb by any means.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Zant definately has potential as a brawler and definately has a chance, but I kind of think therer are other characters who should get in before him. Even in Twilight Princess I believe Midna is more likely and deserving than Zant, and I personally think there should be representation from other games in the series than just TP (though I wouldn't be suprised if it was just TP). Unfortunately for Zant, I kind of feel he was overshadowed by Gannondorf in TP, which I think may effect his chances. I wouldn't say he's one of my most requested characters, but if he was in I'm sure I'd enjoy using him.

And concerning the topic about Zant's intelligence, he's psychotic due to being denied his 'right' to be the twilight ruler, so usurped Midna in order to become king with help from Gannondorf, and then became a dictator of sorts. He's not dumb by any means.
Amen, brother.

Stryks

Smash Hero
He is just ganon puppet simply was obeying his command and still you have not said anything about his real personality.
SO what if hes a puppet, we all tough he was the guy to beat in TP, until about 3/4 of the game u realize its ganon, still Zant is one of the most coolest bosses in TP, and possibly zelda history, and when u faced him, he goes completely psychopatic, the guy is freakin insane, makin a totally new twist I was not expecting, I didnt like it at 1st, but now I love fighting the guy for how much fun is battling him... the guys is insane, psychopatic and weird, and not to mention totally evil, the guy is unique and can be in brawl, what ur saying of him being stupid is just BS, would u care to debate WHY u think hes stupid, or is it becaus eu dont like him and u dont want him in brawl?

WR3K

Smash Ace
his actual personality is fine too, his needs and wants are clearly defined and he goes about getting them the best way possible, its just how he sounds and acts immature as he whines and runs around makes you think he should be swept aside

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Now I n't have anything against Zant being in Brawl but I do think that there are more characters that deserve to be in the game that have made more of a character of themselves throughout time, Zant has been in 1 game and I think that is what keeps him out is the fact that other characters deserve it more some that I think should have been in SSBm, like Diddy Kong or Toad. Before I go for someone like Zant to be in I'm going for the more deserving.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude sheik appeared in only one game b4 melee, and there he is, same with ganondorf (not ganon the pig, I mean ganonDORF, the human form), just because he has one appearance wont lower his chances...

Stryks

Smash Hero
well fact is hes in, thus appearing in only one game thus NOT lower the chances, look at ganondorf and sheik, hell roy was in melee to promote FE6, why cant a character, that had one appearance, but had a big role in it, not to mention being the main antagonist by 3/4 of the game, thats has a unique personality cant b in??

killbeast301

Smash Lord
well fact is hes in, thus appearing in only one game thus NOT lower the chances, look at ganondorf and sheik, hell roy was in melee to promote FE6, why cant a character, that had one appearance, but had a big role in it, not to mention being the main antagonist by 3/4 of the game, thats has a unique personality cant b in??
Exactly. Zant should be in. he has several moves to be implemented too, unlike sheik, whom you only ever saw play an Ocarina.

PS. Sheik is technically a "she". . . I think

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
I never said Zant shouldn't get in guys I only said other characters deserve it more and I feel that if he's in then other characters that have mad a name for themselves should be in.

Oh and I doubt Zant will come back, Midna destroyed the Mirror of Twilight so there's no possible way that the twilight realm becomes involved. Well there's a slight chance but, I doubt it ever happens.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Obviosluy there are guys that deserve the shot more, like ridley, wolf and king dedede, but when it comes to the zelda series, u got link, zelda, and ganondorf (with sword of sages for new moveset), and it seems a little low for the zelda series, being one of nintendos best series, so by adding midna, zant and maybe WW link, u got a good zelda roster right there...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah agree, and metroid will probably have a lot of new characters, my pics are ridley (dont say about the size, they can make him smaller), dark samus, a hunter from hunters (lol) and a hunter from MP3, and donkey kong, there arent many that can be added of that series, I can only c Diddy and K. Rool in there...

edit: 3000 posts!!! f'yeah!!

WR3K

Smash Ace
yes we know, BUT LETS HOPE DIDDY KONG AND RIDLEY ARENT THE ONLY NEW CHARACTERS ADDED TO SSB, theres obviously more spaces.....

yes, there are more deservinh characters but zant has a good reason

phate

Smash Apprentice
After finishing twilight princess, I dont think Zant or midna should be in brawl. I would like it to happen but I just get a feeling he wont be. Zant was just a wierd character and if they put him in why not skull kid or Vaati?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Cause, even tough I want to, skull kid from majoras mask happend 10 years ago, thus thye will probably add characters from newer releases from the zelda series, thus midna and zant have a good chance, especially midna, being not only one of the main characters in TP, but being very popular know more than ever...

Top Bottom