• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zero Suit Samus Matchup Thread

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Since the Ice Climbers discussion seems to be over now, can I make a request? Please can we do Zelda next? I know she isn't too common in tournaments, but nonetheless...

noradseven

Smash Lord
How about Kirby instead, then?
If it hasn't been discussed I am all for it, though kirby isn't too bad of a fight, actually I bet its our favor, I beat jon like everytime and he is *probably* the best in the state with kirby, ph00t can you confirm. But then again jon has the best falco so in tournies whelp.

Hence

Smash Ace
The Kirby boards say this matchup is 70:30 in our favor. As evidence, Snakeee like never loses to Chu and heavily outspaces him. As long as you space really well, you shouldn't have to worry about this matchup in the slightest.

Btw, I really think IC's are 50:50 or 55:45 at the most in ZSS' favor. //iPhone Ftw. :]

Hence

Smash Ace
I'm bored, let's discuss someone fun.

...Like effing Yoshi. -has a laughable habit of losing to random yoshi mains-

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Hold on a minute. How come no one tells you guys that discussing Yoshi is a bad idea, when I was told that Zelda was a bad choice because she's 'a random low tier'? So is Yoshi, surely?

BTW, discussing Lucario would be a good idea IMO.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I don't agree with Nefarious, heh. We go even with many low and bottom tiers (Samus, Yoshi, a few others) so it isn't like they aren't worth talking about. Of all the characters in B tier and higher ZSS has the highest chance of being knocked out by a low tier.

Discussing Zelda is probably not the best of ideas, though, because it isn't a difficult match-up for us at all. You can basically play vs Zelda without doing anything special or making any real considerations and probably win.

If we are to discuss lower tier characters we should keep it to ones that could give us trouble if you don't know the match-up like Ness, Lucas, Yoshi, Ike, Samus, even Link. Link can be such a pain in the *** if you don't know how to fight one.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
No I just mean, wouldn't we be better off discussing a matchup that we're more likely to run into than one we're less likely to? It just makes sense, because there are in general many more high tier mains than low tier mains.

On top of that, Zelda is a "random" low tier because we don't even have a bad matchup with her. There are plenty of matchups that should be discussed before we get to those kind of characters. Like I said, Lucario and Pit, also Wolf, Fox, Mario, Ness, Lucas, Sonic and others.

Hence

Smash Ace
I feel like we've discussed Pit and Lucario numerous times already. Be it on their respective boards, in IRC, or in general discussion. We seriously need something new guys, Pit and Lucario should be pretty basic by now. My vote goes to Yoshi, Ness, or Lucas. I really need Yoshi advice; help me out. Nicalobe and MX can bite me because they're magnificent Yoshi mains that sometimes make it out of pools. I'm always cursed with getting pivot grabbed and egg spammed. -_______________-;
I'd rather have to play against Lucario or Pit than Yoshi.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yoshi has a chain grab on you, it's very hard and has to be done with frame perfection though. I don't even know if most of them know about it. The better ones do for sure though.

The hardest part as with any projectile character is navigating the eggs. You play this similar to how you'd play vs Toon Link or Pit. Get in close, stay at mid-range, don't let them get much distance and try to get them above you.

Also I want to say that's just a very simple overview, I have some trouble with the match-up too. The key point is to try to keep mid-range as long as you can and scare him with tilts. Dtilt is god vs Yoshi

sasook

Smash Champion
Even if Pit and Lucario have been done multiple times in other places, we should still get a proper write-up for them. Think of newcomers looking on how to deal with tougher matchups - we might know how to fight Lucario through general discussion but they wouldn't.

On a side note, even I don't mind Lucario or Pit. I don't know how to fight them, because I usually go Link on them.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Toon Link's are discussing Zero Suit Samus stage counterpicks and bans!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209912

It'll only take like 2-3 minutes. Just post what you think is a good/ bad stage for Zero Suit Samus (against Toon Link) and why.
It can be like one sentence or something. Just put some amount of an explanation please. ^_^

I hope I posted this in the right place. =P

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Even if Pit and Lucario have been done multiple times in other places, we should still get a proper write-up for them. Think of newcomers looking on how to deal with tougher matchups - we might know how to fight Lucario through general discussion but they wouldn't.

On a side note, even I don't mind Lucario or Pit. I don't know how to fight them, because I usually go Link on them.
Supported! Representing the newcomers like me...

Zero

Smash Hero
Can someone with a decent amount of IC experience help me with the matchup writeup? I feel like moving on...

We can do a quick discussion of Kirby since the Kirby boards recently did their discussion, and so at the end of the week, we can move on to Lucario. good hussle, boys.

sasook

Smash Champion
Didn't Faded say earlier that we don't have enough posters to have multiple character discussions going? I dunno how this is gonna work out, Zero.

Yankee

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Faded say earlier that we don't have enough posters to have multiple character discussions going? I dunno how this is gonna work out, Zero.
Yea, after i had brought it up. But at least the discussion wont be on the same character for three weeks.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Pfff, just don't get knocked off the stage. Mario has a terrible ground approach and a so-so projectile that your Plasma Whip beats, so just spam Plasma Whip when he goes airborne. Mario only screws you on recovery. He can't approach you otherwise.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Pfff, just don't get knocked off the stage. Mario has a terrible ground approach and a so-so projectile that your Plasma Whip beats, so just spam Plasma Whip when he goes airborne. Mario only screws you on recovery. He can't approach you otherwise.
Good advice, though I wouldn´t think he´d be too bad on our recovery since we can tether way outside his cape range and if he edgehogs just flipstool him

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I am going to need to learn the Ice Climbers match-up pretty well and quickly. They are becoming really popular in the MD/VA region. These were the results of the last tourney in my area...

1: Meep (Ice Climbers)
2: Chu (Ice Climbers/Kirby/Metaknight)
3: Atomsk (Ice Climbers/Dedede)

They all used mostly used ICs in this tourney. Unfortunately I had to work, but I watched it on livestream.

Zero

Smash Hero
I'll try and write a complete writeup within the day. It's tough though, we really didn't do much IC discussion.

Zero

Smash Hero
6/4 to us, according to Snakeee.

4/6 to IC, according to Hence.

My experience + theorycraft leads me to believe it's 6/4.

Most people say 6/4.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
tl is even imo or slightly in zss' favor

lets do lucario

good god do i hate lucario
It's 6/4 ZSS, about for the same reason ROB is 6/4 ZSS without the infinite. Toon Link can't spam a ZSS that spaces and pressures from mid-range, because she'll just approach too fast. And if he tries his short range pressure game, he'll just whiff, and she can punish anyway.

Top Bottom