• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh? Did I win? - An in-depth Matchup Analysis - Updated!

hiROI

Smash Lord
The best advice I ever got against Diddy and his bananas was to make him work for them.

Grab one and put it behind you. Get between him and his best tool. If you can, take the other and hold it.
This is so good. Diddy's have the habit to grab the banana with dash attack. So if you put the banana a little in front of you and when they are running towards the banana you can bait them and just float dair them.

I feel that the Diddy MU is like Fishing.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
The best advice I ever got against Diddy and his bananas was to make him work for them.

Grab one and put it behind you. Get between him and his best tool. If you can, take the other and hold it.
Great stuff Meno.
I've never even though of this before I'm going to take advantage of it against Fliphop and Gnes.

z00ted

What Metaknights have you been playing?
Like names would be nice :)

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
What Metaknights have you been playing?
Like names would be nice :)
1. Unless you play regionals in Montana you wouldn't know any of them.

2. Dont be so close minded about the current position of brawl that you have to assume the player sucks.

3. You approach MK as Peach you die.

z00ted

2. Dont be so close minded about the current position of brawl that you have to assume the player sucks.

1. Umm ok well if they aren't significantly known may I suggest some names? Try M2K, Atomsk, Lee Martin, or Dphat and see if your claim still stands at the matchup being 45:55.

2. I'm not close minded at all in fact I'm open for any astoundishing new idea that could help Peach signifcantly in this matchup. Don't assume that I think my character sucks, I definitely think Peach is one of the most underated characters in Brawl. Come to Texas and ask anyone if I think "Peach Sucks".

3.Sorry, not always the case. Peach wants to approach in certain situations (turnip hitting), otherwise she can wait for a mistake and explode on Metaknight.

MJG

Smash Hero
45:55 for MK????

Hmmmm...

welll...illmatic is pretty much right. Most characters have to play a "hit - and - run" style against MK to make the match up somewhat playable for their character vs MK.

lol @ 45:55. I didn't even know Montana brawled XD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

You failed to answer his question...

Post names to prove the credibility of your claims.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
lol @ 45:55. I didn't even know Montana brawled XD
Why do you think I cant wait to start traveling?

Again though, I THINK it could be 45:55. If not its definitely a 60:40 MU. I use to consider the MU unplayable which is why I was maining MK.

EDIT: Tips for the Marth MU would be nice.

Nicole

Smash Champion
^ marth is done, just use control f and type his name in on the first page of this thread. you'll find him, he should be the 6th matchup maybe? both dark.pch and i wrote our thoughts about it, so it's pretty detailed.

marth is cake compared to mk :/ have any vids, montana peach? i'm not doubting you're very good, i just want to see you play.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
^ marth is done, just use control f and type his name in on the first page of this thread. you'll find him, he should be the 6th matchup maybe? both dark.pch and i wrote our thoughts about it, so it's pretty detailed.

marth is cake compared to mk :/ have any vids, montana peach? i'm not doubting you're very good, i just want to see you play.
Ican get some of my replays from friends. None of them have cpature cards..

And whats the best state for Smash? I will be traveling in the near future..

EDIT: Ive also noticed in almost all my MK matches I've either gotten a bomb or stitch face.

z00ted

Texas, California, New York all really good states for Smash.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i added some videos to the first page. i tried to get high level play...we dont seem to have a ton of videos as a community of peaches. i didnt pick on whether peach won or lost, i just picked solely on high level play, so dont expect the peach to win everytime. however, we can still use the videos to help us figure out what mistakes the peach player made, and what good/bad things the other player did as well.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I saw this quote and thought of the Diddy discussion earlier.

Idk if this was said in these big *** posts, because I haven't read them yet, but I play and talk with Gnes ALL the time. One thing I can say is, don't perfect shield bananas, it's actually a bad idea, try to Z catch them, or catch them with an aerial, but if you can't do that just basic shield them and gtfo.

Second, when you get tripped by a banana ALWAYS roll away. "Meh, but P4 if you always roll away you become predictable", that's really not the case, the truth is you're going to get carried to the end of the stage no matter what, so why not get there faster and take less damage? Besides all of that, it makes it harder for Diddy to follow up with either moves or bananas, trust me when I say this.
Ooo, I'll ask get the ROB write-up, next time I play Bees again. I'll get us to record some videos too.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
i added some videos to the first page. i tried to get high level play...we dont seem to have a ton of videos as a community of peaches. i didnt pick on whether peach won or lost, i just picked solely on high level play, so dont expect the peach to win everytime. however, we can still use the videos to help us figure out what mistakes the peach player made, and what good/bad things the other player did as well.
Peach is a very underrated character and she is horribly ignored. I think she could easily make low B tier with more use.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i'll do dumb ones then. idk, maybe i can make a dk one later or tomorrow. i've been busy but i'll figure sumtin out yo

Nicole

Smash Champion
well, this thread should probably get stickied, actually, so that i and others who care about it don't have to keep saving it from page 2 with slightly worthless posts.

everyone SHOULD care about it though.

is there any matchup that people really want that isn't up there yet? there are a ton of MU's in the game...all of them are important (yes, even ganon).

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I'll put thought into it, Nicole. :)
This thread definitely deserves more attention than it gets. I think maybe the title may be what's keeping people from contributing to match-ups. Looking at the title it doesn't really say there's any need for help with write up summaries and gives the reader the impression that it's already complete (or at least to me). Perhaps add that help is needed or change the title to something a tad more specific? :)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
it's not the title, it's b/c the Peach boards are in general rly lazy to share what they have to offer or well, have nothing to offer and just meatride the character.

but aside from that i guess this kind of analysis is a bit labor intensive for the person who wants to contribute. i know i'm feelin lazy too. xD

that bein' said, any requests? u need anything in particular nicole? anyone?

i wish i had moar peaches on aim haha

Nicole

Smash Champion
well like i've said, i need wario, diddy, and toon link pretty badly. i am bad at those matchups and i cannot do a writeup on them. i could do dk, ike, g&w if you really need me to (i'm sure someoen knows him better than i do), ness, lucas, samus (but ill should really do that one), and ganon.

but i need wario, diddy, and toon link the most. those are all tricky MUs that a writeup would really be helpful for. i agree that doing these writeups is a pain in the butt. but that's why i ask EVERYONE to contribute. if everyone does a little something, then we all have less work to do. look at all the writeups dark.pch contributed! most haven't done even one...

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i can't say i know enough about those matchups to do a complete write-up but you cud go ahead and just go into detail about your main difficulties with those match-ups and i cud try to help as best i can ;o

Nicole

Smash Champion
lol, why did you bump this?
they didnt care then and they dont care now. plus alot of this info is outdated at this point.

z00ted

probably true; but i feel as though these boards don't talk about matchups enough.

god it sucks having King Beef and you gone 90% of the time.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I feel mus are bein' discussed too much tbh and no1 rly focuses on the most effective way to play Peach. I feel that the majority of Peaches approach with float too much, jump too much, have like no ground game, and choose slow options.

I'm not tryin' to diss but that's just what I see. No MU discussion is gonna help Peaches in regards to just playing efficiently.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Raz is correct; and the Peaches who don't necessarily display those tendencies can still fall back into doing them if we're pressured hard enough (I'm certainly guilty of it as you'll see in my most recent set of videos). I think at this point the most effective way for the Peaches to improve is through in-depth video critiquing and the usual personal practice time. All imo.

Nicole

Smash Champion
floating's fine as long as you aren't approaching with it and have really good spacing. as i'm sure most of you are aware if you've seen my vids, i float all the time, even more in teams. i dont feel like it weakens me or makes me lose. the only thing it does is stale my aerials (particularly fair), however, that blame can be put on me for using them before i should anyways, floating has nothing to do with that.

there are a ton of MUs where floating is extremely important. we would flat out lose to half the cast if we didnt have it. people get impatient and get sloppy with their spacing and/or approach stupidly with float, and that's what's bad. but the most effective way to play peach is in the air, except against a handful of chars like falco, TL, and a few other projectile spammers.

if you want to call something bad, float dair is terrible against good opponents. SH dair is where its at, its much harder to SDI.

anyways, ill, just let this thread go back to being dead in peace

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Well, I agree with the notion that Peach would get ***** by a lot of the cast if she didn't have float and I agree that it's important to use in some match-ups but I don't necessarily agree with the notion that the most effective way to play Peach is in the air.

I know that saying that having a mix of a good ground and air game is a really obvious thing and I know we'll all agree to that but what I'm suggesting is that being good on the ground is a lot more important than being able to safely play Peach in the air.

Even if Peach doesn't jump or anything she's definitely not a character you can run into with her slaps, tilts, grab, dah atk, smashes, and turnip camping. She has a lot of priority, good range, little lag, pretty good shield stun, and a weak but versatile projectile so I don't rly feel that it's preferable to be floating in the neutral position a lot. Anyway with that grounded base that makes her gay to approach all the air stuff is just be complimentary. Besides, in the air she's a ton more defenseless coz even if you space well your only defensive option is drop float airdodge or drop float to fastfall airdodge. It's all good and quick but it's not exactly something you can easily do on reaction because you can't airdodge directly out of float and dropping float to ad or ff ad is like 2-3 inputs rather than one.

So yah, as of now I'm convinced that if ya don't have a **** ground game then ya rly don't got ****. And I'm not even gonna be like 'good ground game'. Nah, it's gotta be ****. Idk, it's just been an emphasis of mine lately and I'ma try getting down some powershield cancel tricks to make it gayer.

Ofc it'll only do so much when you have to deal with someone like Snake but even then Peach has some decent ground options against his bull**** too.

z00ted

ive been working on my ground game alot more lately.

more slaps, ftilts, and dash attacks.

Top Bottom