• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP 6: Smashing Mad! (MLK Day Weekend!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

defsithe

Smash Ace
<-- just found out bus station has wifi :D a little late but whatevs.

Yes what did happen to wobbles?

Edit:
Wifi was from a bus lol posted this all late boo oh well

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
houston melee players not showing up? Amazing
shut the **** up we have been stranded for 2 days with no ****ing help we tried are hardest to get to oh snap but every time we got close something extraordinarily ******** happen to stop us weekened ***** wallets ***** and the kicker is broly and his brother are still at the bus station waiitng at this very moment.

Teh SC

Smash Rookie
shut the **** up we have been stranded for 2 days with no ****ing help we tried are hardest to get to oh snap but every time we got close something extraordinarily ******** happen to stop us weekened ***** wallets ***** and the kicker is broly and his brother are still at the bus station waiitng at this very moment.
to translate this in english,

we have been stranded for 2 days with no Fuc|<ing help (we got a bit of help). We tried our hardest to get to oh snap but every time we got close something extraordinarily ******** happened to stop us (100% true). Weekened *****, wallets ***** and the kicker is broly and his brother are still at the bus station waitng at this very moment

...in other words 8 melee players and 1 brawl player got screwed, we were stuck at a gas station between 7 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon, and then at a bus stop from 4 to 12 at night.

We originally broke down in fairfield texas (tween dallas and houston). And got a ride from some really nice men (and a girl), who took us to a bus station in buffalo. We played smash in a gas station/subway/Churchs in buffalo, even had mm's... I would like like to thank the st patricks church members for helping us out! (If they didnt help us we would have to walk to buffalo from fairfield with broly, a 13 mile walk)

Although we got totally screwed by both the engine, the bus ticket price, and "Damien", we got saved by the people there. We even got free burritos XD

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
lets try to ignore xyro... for w/e reason he is trolling. he didnt show either but i guess his is the only good excuse. sux that u guys couldnt make it. we missed ya. glad to hear about all the effort that went into to trying to get here tho.

shout out to hondafoo for helpin on the peach matchup a bit. appreciate it.
constantly thought bout askin wobbles to critique my game but then i got side tracked... lol (johns ftw)
more to come laterz possibly ;)

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
GGs dudes, I like how Team rezo lost every single game in pools (and got 8-stocked by DoH/Wobbles) but ended up finishing 4th, that is legitimate

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Thanks for proving my point. As head of the Houston crew, it was your obligation to help fix the problem, but you never did. I distinctly remember you being part of the problem. And you HAD a vehicle. I can only be so mad at people that don't have the means, but you did. And yet you act like you were never one of the main people you're making fun of right now.

Hence, you're a clown.
So after i gave rides for YEARS(even before your time) you still accuse me that i didnt give rides? Do you do drugs?

Brawl results thread? :D
Yes please!

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, sorry I had a medical emergency this morning, I still have to take care of that. I'll get results thread up today when I get to my laptop, and work on getting videos out over the course of the week!

Thanks for everyone that came, really sad Houston couldn't make it. Because we lost 2 cars Melee was smaller than expected, however that made it an extremely hardcore bracket that resulted in some pretty exciting matches between some big regional names.

Brawl had great turnout, & Brawl doubles was super exciting.
Keep in touch as we plan to continue Oh Snap in the future, as well as our Melee only Intimikill series as were such a great place to bring TX, OK, MO, and KS together, and maybe even some of those feisty TN and AR people from hill country.

As this was my first time TOing by myself, (I ended up unexpectedly shorthanded and I appreciate all the help from OK crew and other volunteers) I really am hoping to hear some constructive criticism, what you liked, what we should add or subtract. I plan to streamline things next time around by separating games so players that enter both don't hold each other up, and get some more staff on board.

Velox

Smash Ace
So after i gave rides for YEARS(even before your time) you still accuse me that i didnt give rides? Do you do drugs?
During my time you didn't do a d*** thing to help the situation. End of story, it's undeniable. It was the worst it had ever been, and you were the head of Houston crew. I'm not going to respond to your 5 year old deny-everything-and-make-counter-accusations mentality, but it was good to expose you this time :D

Broly

Smash Lord
Fk this weekend sucked, barely got home at 6 am after being in the houston bus station for about 16 hrs. Sorry to everyone that didnt make it, and those who waited for us. It was my fault that the van got wrecked. Wish things would have been better, but lesson learned. Big shoutouts to Tarzan, Jake, Oscar, TSC, Shadow, Richard, Defsithe, and Vash for being so chill about the situation. Maybe next time guys.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
During my time you didn't do a d*** thing to help the situation. End of story, it's undeniable. It was the worst it had ever been, and you were the head of Houston crew. I'm not going to respond to your 5 year old deny-everything-and-make-counter-accusations mentality, but it was good to expose you this time :D
You are an idiot, seriously. I took sethlon/gabe/mouf/sideeffect/kalo/tyle/jimbo/zap101/riot and even jake and his buds(killawhale/oscar/txfm) to oklahoma/dallas/autsin/san antonio and around houston MANY MANY MANY times. You seriously have no clue what ive done. Please gtfo and educate yourself about me before you attempt to accuse me of not giving rides.

Jake13

Smash Lord
glad you finally made it home, broly/vash/defsithe! i thought you guys were leaving houston like 6 hours after we got there? :(

big shoutouts to:

Gil's BBQ! for letting us crash there till we got a tow

Desiree: for hooking us up with a ride to the bus depot

The first baptist church of Farifield: for giving us the ride to the bus depot

Buffalo bus stop: for letting us set up smash/checking all our bus tickets/helping us get set up.

subway&churches: for all of our food needs.

that baller bus driver the drove us to htown in the pimped out greyhound.

mary jane: for making this experience livable.

and of course all of my homies that went thru this ordeal with me: broly, vash, defsithe, shodow1pj, oscar malherbe de leon, tarzan, richie rich, and tsc (hand warmers ftw)

thanks for trying to: damien, mike, solidus and anyone else who tried to help get us rides/give us spirit

always remember: don't forget to check your oil!

for anyone that wants to know what really went down, i'll write up a report in the houston thread tonight

Broly

Smash Lord
FK Hobos, Houston scene should make the CTOS, Check That Oil Son. it'll be the phrase that will haunt me 4ever.

defsithe

Smash Ace
this
to translate this in english,

we have been stranded for 2 days with no Fuc|<ing help (we got a bit of help). We tried our hardest to get to oh snap but every time we got close something extraordinarily ******** happened to stop us (100% true). Weekened *****, wallets ***** and the kicker is broly and his brother are still at the bus station waitng at this very moment

...in other words 8 melee players and 1 brawl player got screwed, we were stuck at a gas station between 7 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon, and then at a bus stop from 4 to 12 at night.

We originally broke down in fairfield texas (tween dallas and houston). And got a ride from some really nice men (and a girl), who took us to a bus station in buffalo. We played smash in a gas station/subway/Churchs in buffalo, even had mm's... I would like like to thank the st patricks church members for helping us out! (If they didnt help us we would have to walk to buffalo from fairfield with broly, a 13 mile walk)

Although we got totally screwed by both the engine, the bus ticket price, and "Damien", we got saved by the people there. We even got free burritos XD
this
you my hero tirno. sux what happened to houston/valley. :/ can't wait to see melee vids!
this
Fk this weekend sucked, barely got home at 6 am after being in the houston bus station for about 16 hrs. Sorry to everyone that didnt make it, and those who waited for us. It was my fault that the van got wrecked. Wish things would have been better, but lesson learned. Big shoutouts to Tarzan, Jake, Oscar, TSC, Shadow, Richard, Defsithe, and Vash for being so chill about the situation. Maybe next time guys.
this
glad you finally made it home, broly/vash/defsithe! i thought you guys were leaving houston like 6 hours after we got there? :(

big shoutouts to:

Gil's BBQ! for letting us crash there till we got a tow

Desiree: for hooking us up with a ride to the bus depot

The first baptist church of Farifield: for giving us the ride to the bus depot

Buffalo bus stop: for letting us set up smash/checking all our bus tickets/helping us get set up.

subway&churches: for all of our food needs.

that baller bus driver the drove us to htown in the pimped out greyhound.

mary jane: for making this experience livable.

and of course all of my homies that went thru this ordeal with me: broly, vash, defsithe, shodow1pj, oscar malherbe de leon, tarzan, richie rich, and tsc (hand warmers ftw)

thanks for trying to: damien, mike, solidus and anyone else who tried to help get us rides/give us spirit

always remember: don't forget to check your oil!

for anyone that wants to know what really went down, i'll write up a report in the houston thread tonight
this
FK Hobos, Houston scene should make the CTOS, Check That Oil Son. it'll be the phrase that will haunt me 4ever.
this
Check that oil lmao
this

and then i had another bus ride from the valley back to kingsville (school)

anyways im tired

jacob91

Smash Cadet
Humbling experience, good time meeting you all. I was the first one set up, thought I was in the wrong place for a while lol :) Wish I could have stayed more than one hour, but I'm glad I at least made the drive.

I got owned by only one person I played (wobbles?), the rest that beat me consistently I never felt like I was dominated entirely by.

I don't mean to make excuses for poor performance but I really do have a condition that leaves my left hand almost entirely useless most of the time.. and I intend on getting much better at Melee as soon as I can get another surgery to make it operable. Thanks to everyone for showing me good games and nice attitudes, I look forward to smashing with you all many times and looking like less of a fool on future occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom