• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
wow, remind to never try to team with chris again...everytime he says hes going to, he always backs out and teams with someone else at the last second....

Shade_

Smash Ace
Looks like you all had fun. Im back now. And i'm in serious need of practice. I had nomash over my weekend at all. So anyone up for this weekend? Oh and chris do you think that our friend would let me go to thier house and use their ps2 if i asked nicely?

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Heath: I hold the controller normally.

Andy: Coty apparently had asked me to team a while back ago :(.

Kuni: I don't know lol, you could try >___>

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well, let me think. Mmmmm well here is how i hold it when im doing these things. It might work for you it might not.

Normal controller position
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/Kunihiko/Camera Vids/normalposition.jpg

attacking one way while going the other in the air
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/Kunihiko/Camera Vids/marthfairwhilegoingbackward.jpg

wave dash
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/Kunihiko/Camera Vids/wavedash.jpg

wave shine
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/Kunihiko/Camera Vids/waveshine.jpg

blain why are you never on aim!

Gravity

Smash Ace
you didnt ask me but i feel it is important to say, i hold it normally, and then sometimes when i have to downsmash, i switch to the bearclaw position...

since you can switch so fast, ill sometimes hit c stick down with my index finger...like if im CCing and i know theyre gonna hit me...

and i agree with zinth...you were probably looking for an excuse to use your camera your parents helped pay for, but you might have been to busy not getting a job. who knows?

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Man, I still need to work on my button speed and accuracy...
I'm considering working on waveshine,
Oklahoman Falcos FTW

Oh yeah, I was gonna post this the other day
The Amazing knee Attack
Read the whole thread, it's hilarious...

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Good Times.
Any time you meet a payment.
Good Times.
Any time you need a friend.
Good Times.
Any time you're out from under.

Not getting hastled, not getting hustled.
Keepin' your head above water,
Making a wave when you can.

Temporary lay offs.
Good Times.
Easy credit rip offs.
Good Times.
Scratchin' and surviving.
Good Times.
Hangin in a chow line
Good Times.
Ain't we lucky we got 'em
Good Times.

Gooooooooood Tiiiiiiiiimes!!!

Whatever, you just thought of 2 random *** letters that sounded cool together.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Like, i had a hard time doing fast drill shines with fox two. But after i used the way to hold my controler for it that i showed you. All you had to do was get controll of your index fnger so you cuold short hop. After that you didn't need speed you just needed timing lol. But actually i have been using my camera quite a bit. In my photo bucket i have a good 2 or 3 pages of stuff i have been taking pictures of.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
You know you can go over limit of pictures in your photobucket account.

Oh and Kuni...your spelling never ceases to amaze me.

Gravity

Smash Ace
I played ace combat, i know about missiles...

fox two is heat seeking missiles, and fox three is radar guided missles...

i dont remember fox 1 right now, and am too lazy to look it up....

so there! more than anyone wanted to know

man i really want to play ace combat again...

South_Paw

Smash Ace
All you had to do was get controll of your index fnger so you cuold short hop. After that you didn't need speed you just needed timing lol.
BOOOO! down with button flickers! PRESSING the button is where it's at!

and LOL ty... independance day FTW! but you left out "EAGLE TWENTY!"

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol, I short hop with my right thumb. I've learned to do it by snapping my thumb off of the edge of the X button, but now sometimes it ends up being more of a quick press. Though, when I need to waveshine I press B with the ball (?) of my thumb and then press Y with the tip of my thumb, which is already positioned above the Y button. When I do a drill shine, I flick my thumb from the B button to the X button, and, as my character is already in Shine position by the time my thumb moves across the A button, the A button input is ignored, a "phantom input" as FLT put it.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yah, but i don't think that i can go over 5 giga bytes that fast. If I do, then i guess i'll just have to erase a few.

Anyway, ok i meant too!! You guys still get what im trying to say so i don't think that its that big of a deal. And there are a a bunch of ways to hold your controller that will get you the same results. So just mess arond till you find something that is very comfortable.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, people. I am completely worn out. I have my power ranking up in its respective thread, check it out. It will blow your minds. I know I said I'd have vids up today, but I am just too tired to do it. I will have them up soon as I can, so just hold tight, okay?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i hold my controller with my feet when i play DK. and when i play yoshi, i just consume the controller, and then my opponent.

but yeah...FLT does a drillshine weirdly. it's more of a pattern than an input.

i, on the other hand, play sheik, which takes no technical tricks except for the backwards stage to ledge vanish that coty tought me. oh, and ledge walljump to fair. or backthrow off of pokefloats >.>

and po, take your time with the videos. we are all patient, and all gracious for free videos :)

Gravity

Smash Ace
man, i couldnt get it today, cuz when i could have i forgot, and now that i cant i remember....yeah i know, no johns....tomoroow is the latest, in fact, ill do it at school tomorrow and just type it up when i get home....

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
HELLO BOYS, I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

It takes, diff'rent strokes
it takes, diff'rent strokes
it takes, diff'rent strokes to rule the world

I forgot what i was ACTUALLY gonna say.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I laugh at people who think they're good at photoshop because they began to play around with Cinema 4D Renders.

Kid, let's do the list.

1. Who are you?

2. Who are you to tell me about photoshop when you still smudge your C4D renders?

3. You're fantasizing about an anime, that makes you fail already.

4. This is why I'm hot. This is why I'm hot. This is why, this is why I'm hot. I'm hot cause i'm fly, you ain't cause you not. This is why, this is why I'm hot.

5. The most important one: GTFO
1. I am Sinz. I have been doing photoshop for 2 years and have done better than that in my first year with brushing. I currently make pure default sigs. I do not use smudging, c4ds, or brushes that are not default. Plus, that sig does suck.
2. I do not use c4ds they are idiot tools, maybe you should use em.
3. No I am not, it was what we call a figure of speech.
4.No your not.
5. Hell no.

Plus, I was talking about King_gts sig, that does suck. Yours is nicer.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
sinz- i made gt's sig in like 15 minutes because he asked me to. i used like...paintshop pro 7, and i could care less if you say it sucks. that's like if you walked up to me and told me i suck at basketball...or if i yelled at you for being bad at ballet (i am assuming you have no dance experience).

oh, how i wish i could flame sinz right now. alas, i am too tired. plus, i am still awaiting power ranking lists to do some work. and i have to study physics. le sigh.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Now, now children. Let's not argue about who's signature is better than who's. Why can't we and our signature get along in harmony? Besides, I'll learn how to use photoshop and blow all of you away. So problem solved.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i spent more like 40 minutes on heath's. the right monkey was hard as **** to make look alright. that one is one of a few of my "art" pieces i would defend. plus, it's silly, and the background was a real beach picture. i think that gives me like, cool points.

FYZX is so hard when you've slept in class for 2 weeks straight and are trying to catch up.
and heath, i just realized, when i'm at college you'll have to be keeping scud in check, and beating him constantly, since i won't be there to do it.

Top Bottom