• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Thank you, Forrest. I went with Cyan upon Yawara's suggestion as he is a crotchety old man and I am, in turn, a crotchety old gamer. Although Setzer with his gambler theme suits my playstyle of flashy, cool, and randomly ****ing up peoples' ****.

Oh well, ON TO OHSNAP! I'm gonna burn some people up! Also, get the tea and honey ready, because I'm going to blow my voice out at this one.

I CALL COLOR COMMENTARY ON LIVE STREAM!!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I actually wanted to be Setzer cause he is the most ****** individual of all of Final Fantasy. But that's probably why he should be left untouched.

As for why I picked Locke, because he steals things and knows how to have a good time.

[edit]

I know this is a long time away, but I call Cid for Omni-smash.

HOLLA

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
This is so awesome. I love this.

Oh there are a couple missing there, mine and bryans (Esper Terra and Kefka) aren't on there.
It's because ours are only from the Advance version, where portraits were used for dialog, too. The only other ones that are in Advance that aren't in the original are Gestahl and Cid. I'll post links to those, though, in case anyone wants to use them.

Emperor Gestahl: http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/html/avatars/Final_Fantasy_6_Menu_Pics/Gestahl.gif
Cid Del Norte Marquez: http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/forums/ipb/html/avatars/Final_Fantasy_6_Menu_Pics/Cid.gif

The Imp still cracks me up every time I look at it.

Also, I finally saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and it was awesome.

And while we're at it, I call Sephiroth for Omni-Smash.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
For omni-smash cait sith and aeris are banned because I hate their guts...
Maybe ill reserve rufus shinra, but perhaps FF themes shouldn't be over used haha. Although omni-smash is a pretty sick title.

I really wanted to go with Piranha plant theme but couldn't get it to mesh with Kefka...

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Celes if my favorite too, but Esper Terra is simply the ****.

Dude Kos-Mos IDK how we have all the same favorite anime and video game females...whats with that?

On that note, Has anyone seen Panty and Stocking?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I was talking about characters, i never finished eflen lied actually I think I saw the first 4 or 5 episodes and hte people I was marathoning it with decided it was too depressing and watched Vandread instead...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Registering for classes is a *****.

"PHYS 2514 - Unable to add. Requires a lab."
"PHYS 1311 - Unable to add. Requires a prerequisite."

:/

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
sorry sonic, right before you came here the enrollment system was extremely functional, easy to use, you could email any professor directly from the enrollment screen and ask for special permissions.

where as the new system has errors or permission problems about 50% of the time, the old one NEVER gave me an error throughout the entire 5 years of my undergraduate time at OU.

Where as the new system is a white page covered in black text and numbers (which have to scroll to the top, read a cryptic code like (cap)(rem), figure out on your own that cap means capacity and rem means remaining...etc...then scroll down, without losing your place just to see the status of a class....the old system let you sort by every parameter, and each value was clearly labeled.

OU saved a couple of million dollars switching over to this system they said...well the amount of labor that they are having to put into even getting it to work is probably worth at least that, not to mention the hardships they are causing students.

While I'm here, I also want to complain about the current enrollment systems complete lack of style, color, and HYPERLINKS. Everything was clickable and linkable in the old system, you just clicked an "add" button on the class you wanted, you could email the professor right from the class listing, you could read the course discriptions, you could see all the CORE requirement codes (like Western Civilization Core III) you could search for new classes by any parameter you wished right at the top of the page, no finding a "back" link, and hell you could even use the BACK button.

I've found that constantly harassing the university is the only way to get enrolled. Even getting into my graduate courses in my small department is nigh impossible, our dept that only has like 6 classes offered to grad students and no permissions required.

Just keep harassing them, I would just go to the enrollment office in BUCHANAN HALL across from the SOUTH SIDE OF THE UNION and enroll in the room there and make sure that they promptly assist you on any problems. DONT LET THEM HOLD YOU UP. The university needs to get their **** together and they only way they are going to do it is if we stop letting them walk all over us to save a few bucks while they simultaneously raise tuition 10-20% every ****ing year.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I didn't have a problem last semester when enrolling, and when I looked back at the searches, I made a slight error that prevented me from getting those two classes. Now everything's good to go, and I got my 13 hours, without the elective.

Organic Chem, Japanese II, Calculus-based Physics + a lab, and a still-to-get elective/humanities class, holy ****.

EDIT: And this is without going to my pre-med adviser and getting class suggestions from her. lol, Spring is gonna be insane.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
lol...I assume kinematic problems that require algebra which is what they do in physics for non-science/engineering majors here.
if hes talking what i think hes talking about, then they cover everythign the engineers do except instead of optics and another subject, they do fluids. which oddly enough is derived from calculus i believe.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
road trip to Ks?!

also thinking about holding something on tuesday somewhere. melee, brawl, brawl minus. i dont care.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Forest, you summed up all the problems with Ozone and superiority of Enroll perfectly.

Non-calculus-based physics is the same physics but you don't use calculus. So like, instead of expressing velocity as dx/dt and being able to find the instantaneous velocity of any position function, you express velocity as ∆x/∆t and you can only find the velocity of linear position functions. Basically, you're just more limited in what you can calculate because you aren't freely using calculus. But yeah, it's basically lolz.

Also, I think that pretty much all of physics is derived from calculus, except maybe for optics. Which is weird, optics seems like such a general physics subject.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I knew Chris was gonna be Celes lol I thought she was actually gonna nab Terra cause he's as equally OP as her, but whatever.

Also, ozone hating is old lol I'm pretty sure if you search in the annals of this thread, you'll find us yapping about it earlier.

Enroll was just the best possible system for adding/dropping classes. Plus it automatically gave you like an excel spreadsheet of when your classes are automatically which is, like, the most useful god**** thing ever.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Enroll was just the best possible system for adding/dropping classes. Plus it automatically gave you like an excel spreadsheet of when your classes are automatically which is, like, the most useful god**** thing ever.
This. ^
Ozone is garbage, but it has yet to give me problems. Josh, me and my roommate are pre-med and taking O-Chem in the spring. Sup.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Dammit, you better be going to that class MwF at 9:30 am. I'll have a reason to get up that early every day.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Enroll also let one make trial schedules that could be loaded for actual enrollment.

This. ^
Ozone is garbage, but it has yet to give me problems. Josh, me and my roommate are pre-med and taking O-Chem in the spring. Sup.
My girlfriend is in O-Chem this semester. She has a professor who doesn't assign homework and makes the class grade comprised entirely of tests.

For all melee players (or like players in general)

WTF RESULTS:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292053
Wat. Who is Jesus?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I'm actually not all that surprised, really @ those results. Dr. Peepee has been steadily climbing the ranks, and well, M2K ain't what he used to be in Melee. People are finally figuring out that they need to quit bum-rushing Mango's Jiggs, and the young guys are finally getting comfortable with their playstyles and characters.
Add all those factors, and it was only a matter of time until the playfield shifted. I honestly wasn't expecting something like this until Pound V, but hey, that just makes that event a lot more interesting looking now.

EDIT: Maybe now M2K and Mango will quit playing lazy and step it up again. I know they're capable of much, much more.
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
jesus is jman
also kk has been nothing but an *** to me on the boards so i could care less about his success. no ill will but just meh will.

i called PP to win once darc got eliminated. melee betting record: 4-0

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed: Lord Knight will be playing this game Tom lol. Might get some popularity in the east coast if he plays.

EDIT: This game is supposed to play like Guilty Gear from what I hear.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
super technical? it has 2 people though. which is where i got the tvc thing from.

Top Bottom