• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

DualCats

Smash Ace
If there's a Melee tourney in Norman, Sethlon and I will definitely go :)
That's awesome news. :D I'll see what I can do about it. Ideally, we'd do it on campus but some people who are actually students there are ass clowns and won't help me get a room.

We could do it in my place, but it's small and smells like weed and cheese. Is outlaw still willing to host?

Jesus, we're lazy ****ers.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
inb4 bryan or kuni
Sounds about right. Well, I guess if you want something done right... maybe the old hermit must actually come down from his mountain retreat and revitalize his former kingdom?

Since you're all lazy jackabouts, guess I'll throw a date out there-- Second week of April? It's not like most of you have jobs or anything, so how does that sound?

Venue? If OU is out?(Or is it in? Need somebody to update me on the current situation in Norman-Is it still our go-to hub for gaming?) Do we have anyone willing to host smaller scale events? I heard Outlaw was willing?

Will people not be lazy-***** and actually come? I need to know who is 100% committed to going if we set it up. If you aren't down, don't say you'll be there and then flake out last minute because you wanna sleep/get high/bang your gf-- Come to the event and do that stuff after(or during, just not while your match is up)

Ok then, with that... Start posting. I know the Brawl people are still somewhat active, but you Melee bums are just that-BUMS... Get off your ***** and DO something!! Stop waiting around for someone to do it for you! Now, START NETWORKING, *****ES!!!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
im willing to bet nobody asked bryan or kevin with a formal request. sure we can talk about it all the time, but thats not enough.

I am almost ready to start my series, but I need a date and a nice set of rules which are always being discussed when I go out to eat w/ other smashers (which is almost always)

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
I'm telling you, OK Ruleset is going to rival Unity some day.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Alex and Bryan said they wanted to come down but finding a ride would be tricky. If I remember correctly. For most of that night, I was too baked to move.

Anyway, everyone should come to my place today. Everyone. Melee kids. Brawl kids. Convicted pedophiles. But not furries.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it turns out that I'm going to be in Tulsa for the evening, so I won't be able to make it to anything outside of Edmond tonight.

:phone:

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
last night was pretty awesome. good to see everyone again. we need to do it more often.
ok heres the plan
everyone win the lottery so we dont need jobs and we can just plan our lives around melee. orite?

DualCats

Smash Ace
When I become a famous bear-wrestler, I'll buy an enormous warehouse and host melee related events (and possibly orgies) all the time.

But mostly I'd just use it to hide drugs from my mom.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Everyone in America Oklahoma should go to this tournament: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318382
It's Melee and Brawl, so it could be some kind of all-Oklahoma event or something, and it's in DFW which is pretty accessible. Chris, everyone in TX wants you to go to this one!

Then, for Melee, there's apparently this tournament, also: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314582
Maybe we could go to that one, too, but maybe not. I don't even know how well me going to two tournaments in one school month would work out.

Mainly, I wanted just to post something.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Afternoons and weekends work well for me, generally. A lot of people have work johns, but it's probably easier to aim for weekends for the school kids. When the hell are finals?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
lets work on getting monthlies in on the weekends. Outlaws place is the biggest but i do honestly believe that will be out of the question due to gas and lack of vehicles. karlandys place is convenient, just small. everyone can make weekends work unless they have a job. say Friday night to sat morn? even i can make that work and i have a kid lol

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If monthlies get started before my glorious return, I'll put up money into the pot for my return tourney

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Everyone in America Oklahoma should go to this tournament: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318382
It's Melee and Brawl, so it could be some kind of all-Oklahoma event or something, and it's in DFW which is pretty accessible. Chris, everyone in TX wants you to go to this one!

Then, for Melee, there's apparently this tournament, also: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314582
Maybe we could go to that one, too, but maybe not. I don't even know how well me going to two tournaments in one school month would work out.

Mainly, I wanted just to post something.
This post is fabulous. And I've mentioned it a few times, but if you haven't heard, we'll raise venue to $10 if you guys come :)

As for picking dates for tournies, it's so hard to find a date that works for everyone. I've found it's easiest just to choose a date that's a few weeks away for people to work around that, not the other way around. :)

DualCats

Smash Ace
If monthlies get started before my glorious return, I'll put up money into the pot for my return tourney
When is your glorious return, sir?

This post is fabulous.
Zinth is pretty fabulous. :3

As for picking dates for tournies, it's so hard to find a date that works for everyone. I've found it's easiest just to choose a date that's a few weeks away for people to work around that, not the other way around. :)
April 14th.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
To all those who are curious, I'm probably going to return to the US around like August 17th, maybe back in Oklahoma a week after that.

We should all probably chill around that time, and I also want my PS3 back so I can start playing SFxT.

Also, no drugs for me since I'm going to have to do some job hunting soon, and if I get past that semester drug free, that's a year and a half which should be enough to ace any drug test provided they don't test by removing fats from my body.

Top Bottom