• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old Florida Thread: see www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Logics, I don't know the history of your krew or who is in it, so i can't really post about it. If you look at the other crews you will see (as written by maverick or rockcrock) because they are the ones who wrote it for me. I jest copy and pasted it over. So if you're looking for the Ppines krew to be included, write something up and post it, or talk to me over aim.

Liney

Smash Cadet
F.f.s 1

ATTENTION FLORIDA SMASHERS:

Check out the south Florida smash tournament F.F.S 1 before its too late! The thread has all the information you need. It's coming up real soon so check it out immediately. The more people the better it'll be! Make room in your schedule for Florida's Finest Smash pt. 1.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Ok is me again, if you didn't read my lost post i'm the guy from Puerto Rico who was coming to Florida for the holydays. Ok I'm near this plaed called Boca Raton, I'm staying at Seagate hotel , so those who know where it is know about how far I can travel, i'm looking for people to smash with. Good thng is that I found about this place called "The Nexus" they hold Smashfest every wendsday, Also if you go to just play smash is only 5$ for an all day play pass wich I guess is pretty cheap, we could use that place to get thogether. You can contact me at 787-637-8459, the cellphon is sprint so feel free to call me, also I can make calls too so if you can PM me your cellphone too of you wish.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Everyone in florida mains sam. I gotta play at one of them and see how good my samus actually is... These fullsail kids arn't very good.

The WiLL

Smash Apprentice
I talk to Rob about this and he's willing to negotiate a deal with me. Check this...

Every Wednesday nights at The Vortex Cybercafe starting 9PM until close...
$5.00 for unlimited console gaming.

It's cheap, roomy, cool a/c, nobody to tell you to shut up, 4 TVs with consoles to play on and I need to own up on some kids on my rekindled interest of SC3, T5, SF3:TS, CvS2, Tetris Worlds, WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 06 and of course, more NGNT!4 gaming. I'll even play SSBM for the hell of it too. Regardless I'll be there and ya'll better too!

If there are speciality matches like grudge matches or whatever, we can schedule a match or two to be recorded to be up on WiLLvolution.com. I have this passion to put up a Knockout rules Tetris Worlds match for some reason because I own in the game.

This Vortex CyberCafe Camp start on Wed. 12.28.05 at 9PM.

Oh yeah, Vortex CyberCafe and WiLLvolution.com does not supply the tissues after excessive crying.

Vortex CyberCafe
www.vortexcybercafe.com
3076 Jog Road
Greenacres, FL 33467
(561) 641-8051

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm strongly concidering holding a tourney in Orlando. Size depends on how many are interested. I'll have up a thread eventually put I'm wondering how many are interested at the moment.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
2 people, yippie!
I think I know of a decent place... I'll have to do some checking when I'm actually back in FL. I'll post a thread sometime this week. I would probablly be late January to mid Febuary, somewhere in that time span. This would be my frist tourney so any advice on how to direct it would be appreciated. uh <.< yeah.

shoshone

Smash Ace
Miami,

My mains are Roy, Falco, and Young Link.

Im new to the Smash scene, but not competitive gaming. Im learning how to wavedash right now. Any quick tips on wavedashing? (Im not trying to hijack the thread, I swear!)

Orlando, Florida. I know karate. Stalking is out
What's up guys. It's been a while since i've been in the melee scene (been a good year or so). Looking to get back into it, hopefully get better with some of the new aspiring players, win some tourneys, bla bla bla. Used to play with Goldwing and Lumbro every now and then, and some of the gainesville guys.

Mt. Dora; (will travel to Orlando/Kissimmee area for gatherings); Marth; Samus; Mario. Just call me "Retro"

edit: For the off-topic question above, down/foreward or down/back, and then jump and guard one right after the other so you air dodge into the ground. That should get you started on the right track. You can do it pretty frequently if you sit there for about an hour and practice on final d.

Jit

Smash Journeyman
Hey exarch, you got some of my info wrong :p

It's not naples,
it's
Hollywood

ALSO FLORIDA CREW:
KNIGHTS OF THE SOUTH BIOS

Noucles: Arguably the best Fox in Florida. Placed 1st in Omnismash, 2nd in FORT1. Usually places top 5, although he has never been to an OOS tourney. Most Frequent tourney goer in South Florida with his brother and teammate, Lambchops.

Lambchops: On the fight for the best Falco with Flowin. Winner of ZP2 and 1st place teams in Omnismash with Noucles; team name "Space Animals," or "Roadkill." He became NEO's idol after his visit for Maverick's PAWS tournament, and his picture is rumored to cover a portion of NEO's room.

Jit: Barely gets a chance to play but has managed to remain a decent player nonetheless. Has hosted 3 smashfests with great turnouts. Regular tournament attendant although only once an entrant. The mistaken belief of him playing Young Link has led to many a downfall...

Lighted_Warrior (L_W48): The "master" of the original crew; noucles, lambchops, Jit, himself, El Zorro. Native of Virginia, has only attended a few FL tournaments such as Yanamie, where he lost in the quarter finals to Flowin. Now lives in Tampa because of college.

El Zorro: Away from the smash scene since the first Omnismash, his technical skills have only increased. You can find him showing off in Zero Ping regularly although he prefers playing with friends at home.

Pill_Pusher: Member? Joined the crew in his early days of smash, months before the original Omnismash. Has been somewhat absent at recent tournaments, but frequently plays at Zero Ping. Now a member of the "People who Lost Their Lives Playing World of Warcraft" crew.

SSBMKings: Seasonal member, lives in Colorado but represents KOTS whenever in Florida, visits regularly. Sick Sheik.

GrayFox: Newest addition to the crew, attended PAWS, Jit's smashfest, and some of XIF's. Jit's newfound team mate?

--Should we change our name to "12 Inchers"?--

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Yeah, and why is Final Destination (the best and most prefered stage among most smashers) not included?

plus you should at least take out Hyrule. Unless of course you like 13 minute matches...

Jit

Smash Journeyman
SaintAnger: you might want to PM L_W48 about this tourney. He's really good and lives in tampa, thing is he barely ever goes on this thread.

Rollupdru

Smash Rookie
Leaving this week to Ocala(Central Florida). Close to Gainseville: Sheik, little link

Gray Fox

Smash Apprentice
Jit said:
Hey exarch, you got some of my info wrong :p

It's not naples,
it's
Hollywood

ALSO FLORIDA CREW:
KNIGHTS OF THE SOUTH BIOS

Noucles: Arguably the best Fox in Florida. Placed 1st in Omnismash, 2nd in FORT1. Usually places top 5, although he has never been to an OOS tourney. Most Frequent tourney goer in South Florida with his brother and teammate, Lambchops.

Lambchops: On the fight for the best Falco with Flowin. Winner of ZP2 and 1st place teams in Omnismash with Noucles; team name "Space Animals," or "Roadkill." He became NEO's idol after his visit for Maverick's PAWS tournament, and his picture is rumored to cover a portion of NEO's room.

Jit: Barely gets a chance to play but has managed to remain a decent player nonetheless. Has hosted 3 smashfests with great turnouts. Regular tournament attendant although only once an entrant. The mistaken belief of him playing Young Link has led to many a downfall...

Lighted_Warrior (L_W48): The "master" of the original crew; noucles, lambchops, Jit, himself, El Zorro. Native of Virginia, has only attended a few FL tournaments such as Yanamie, where he lost in the quarter finals to Flowin. Now lives in Tampa because of college.

El Zorro: Away from the smash scene since the first Omnismash, his technical skills have only increased. You can find him showing off in Zero Ping regularly although he prefers playing with friends at home.

Pill_Pusher: Member? Joined the crew in his early days of smash, months before the original Omnismash. Has been somewhat absent at recent tournaments, but frequently plays at Zero Ping. Now a member of the "People who Lost Their Lives Playing World of Warcraft" crew.

SSBMKings: Seasonal member, lives in Colorado but represents KOTS whenever in Florida, visits regularly. Sick Sheik.

GrayFox: Newest addition to the crew, attended PAWS, Jit's smashfest, and some of XIF's. Jit's newfound team mate?

--Should we change our name to "12 Inchers"?--
I'm a member of the KOTS??? Awsome, i guess! I always thought of myself as a noob w/o a crew...

Well since i'm already here, Exarch add my info please! I live in Pembroke Pines, ner Ft. Lauderdale and play Fox and some sheik.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
I took out Final Destination because its just too plain. Don't get me wrong, I like the level it's just around here we've played it so much we want a break fom it. Plus I want to make this a tournament with the more entertaining levels, while removing the moving ones. Personally I like the moving ones, just that not too many people enjoy them. The reason it's limited to 16 entrants is to keep the tree even. If 32 people show up that will be the limit. If 64, well you get the idea. It's makes everything easier when you don't have to do round robins and all that.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I live in Winter Springs which is in Orlando. I also go to UCF. I'm a hardcore ssb64 online player, and I just started to play melee. I suck right now, but in a couple weeks if anyone wants to play let me know. I should be half decent by then.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Updated (finally)
Rollupdru and SheerMadness I wasn't sure whether to add you or not.

dru- I wasn't sure if you're moving here permanently or not.
sheer-could you format it at least so it vaguely resembles the rest of the smasher locations? and did you want me to add you now or in a couple of weeks?

Everything else should be good. If its not, point it out to me, and i'll change it... (like most of you check this thread consistently anyways...)

Risu

Smash Apprentice
ok i havent posted her ein 4-ever...so i had to do an update....of my characters...the main is still and will forever be Marth, secondarys are Y.Link, Sheik, Mewtwo, Roy, and occasionally ill use peach...>.>

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
To SaintAnger: The deadline is 8:30 PM on what date? I wanna play. But Im still kinda frustrated on the tournament's levels. Some levels like FD and Battlefield get boring, yeah, but its fair. I sure as hell wouldn't want to leave the tournament megapissed in 4th place to some noob because a bomb block falls down randomly in green greens and kills me, or if an arwing's blasting interrupts my game winning combo. I would think everyone is striving to get better in this game and become closer to the pros, and not following procedures like serious tournaments do only waters down our mentality and potential as gamers. Dont get me wrong, Im all for the fun, but...you know. Is anyone else feelin' me?

MetalGemini

Smash Cadet
Duh.... Um... Hi!
Sup all?! (What am I suppose to do in this thread again?!)
Wel w/e! I say this! Im bored, I have the flu, I live in a place where i cant find any smashers, (good ones that is...) AND my main is Falco, and my secondarys are Fox and Samus.
Ok, Bu-bye now!

Honors

Smash Journeyman
SaintAnger

SaintAnger,

If you can as quickly as possible, make a thread stating a Tampa tournment in the title and the date of when it is. That way more people could see the thread and you could get a better tournout since more people would be able to see it. And if you want, you could try to post in the Tournament discussion and see how many people would respond to going.

This would show if people would come because they are there specifically for that thread.

BETA

Smash Ace
Been a while since I've asked for an update. Well, yeah. My primaries are Yoshi of course, as well as Ness and Roy. Secondaries are Mewtwo, Donkey Kong, and Mario.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
harriettheguy said:
To SaintAnger: The deadline is 8:30 PM on what date? I wanna play. But Im still kinda frustrated on the tournament's levels. Some levels like FD and Battlefield get boring, yeah, but its fair. I sure as hell wouldn't want to leave the tournament megapissed in 4th place to some noob because a bomb block falls down randomly in green greens and kills me, or if an arwing's blasting interrupts my game winning combo. I would think everyone is striving to get better in this game and become closer to the pros, and not following procedures like serious tournaments do only waters down our mentality and potential as gamers. Dont get me wrong, Im all for the fun, but...you know. Is anyone else feelin' me?
The date is the 27th. of Jan. It's in the first sentence on the flyer. Also , I've been thinking about making this tourney like the last one where it all took place on Final Destination. Let me know what you guys think, if I should do this one like the last one.

huLk

Smash Cadet
Fort Myers; FL - Currently in Training with RockCrock and QDVS for '06 tourneys. Character TBD!

Weeeeeee!

Top Bottom