• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old Florida Thread: see www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386

miamiz0rs

Smash Rookie
miami - peach, zelda/shiek, doc mario.

this locator thing is solid. anybody near UM up for some smashing sometime? going to try to make it out to the paws thing this weekend, but there are three of us in the house who play, so if anybody else is nearby pm me or something.

yes, well. maybe i should look around these forums or something.

p.

Locke426

Smash Rookie
Orlando-Oviedo: Sheik, Marth, Fox

I live at UCF, and play almost daily. Me and my friends lookin for new people to play. Instant Message me if you want to hit it up.

Insemination_17

Smash Journeyman
Right now, Bogota,Colombia - In 2 years Gainesville, FL (UF) if my grades are good enough to transfer...
Mains (in order of best-worse): Link, Mario, Falco, CF, Shiek
Secondaries (in order of best-worse): Roy, Young Link, Marth, Fox, Dr. Mario
Thirds: Pikachu

-Peace

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Sorry bout not keeping up guys-im swamped in school. Me being the procrastinator i am, however, i just read the history of smash thread. Awesome read. Now as much as I have dug up about FL's history in smash, I would really like to get some kind of overview on it. So if the people who were FL from the beginning could post the history of smash in FL--(Maverick, Gspot, anyone else with an individual story) I will make a write up on it, and then we can have FL's history documented. ( i need something to do over winter break XD)

I'm pretty aware of the history of CFL smash how they were well known and acknowledged, then the decline, and the recent reawakening. I need to know more on SFL and FL as a whole. I guess I'll dig through TD and find all past tourneys too. Expect my previous posts in this thread to be updated. Help me out here guys--rock is right: REPRESENT FL OMG.

Edit: Oh yeah I'd like a list of all official FL crews people in them, who they play as, and what that crew's role in FL smash has been over the years. Only one person per crew please

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I can tell you that North Florida and the Panhandel has no history what so ever.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
Insemination_17 said:
Right now, Bogota,Colombia - In 2 years Gainesville, FL (UF) if my grades are good enough to transfer...
Mains (in order of best-worse): Link, Mario, Falco, CF, Shiek
Secondaries (in order of best-worse): Roy, Young Link, Marth, Fox, Dr. Mario
Thirds: Pikachu

-Peace
hey i'm colombian too. i'm from pereira.

Jit

Smash Journeyman
ihatethecape said:
hey i'm colombian too. i'm from pereira.

Hahah, me too, I'm from Barranquilla.
-Live in South Fl. Junior in high school. My best are --despite popular belief-- sheik, fox, marth. I'm pretty average at smash though, too much other stuff to do...

>>Hey I'm holding a smashfest next thursday (Dec. 8th) check it out. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=57216&page=1&pp=15

RockCrock

Smash Champion
TEAM FORT (est. 2004)
RockCrock (Fox)
QueenDVS (Marth)
CozaMonkey (Samus)
LoserLad (Fox)

Queen and myself are the only frequent tourney go'er's. We are infamous for using the joystick to jump, and having amazing technical abilities.

QDVS- 5th at MLG Orlando, top 5 at other recent tourneys. Best Marth in Florida.
RockCrock- 7th at MLGO, winner of FORT1, top 3 at recent tourneys. Arguably Best Fox/Ganondorf in Florida.
CozaMonkey- No significant placings. No recent tourneys. Best/Only Samus?
LoserLad- well he's a cool guy...

Insemination_17

Smash Journeyman
Really?? ****, Jit, I would've never guessed that. You don't look nor speak like someone from barranquilla. Congrats! In case you didn't go, they're professional soccer team, Junior, are currently in the top 8.

--hehe, and also pereira,...and also my team from the capital,...Santa Fe.

But anyways, yeah...i'm still here. Enjoying it.....you know here in Bogota is like the LA of the U.S......NICE!

-Peace

loserlad89

Smash Ace
First of all, let me say that I don't play Smash seriously anymore because I have better things to do, such as Halo 2. But besides that, My Fox, Falco, Ganondorf, and Ness are all ****. RockCrock claims to be the best Ganondorf in all of Florida when only yesterday he managed to only beat me with one stock and a high percent remaining. But whatever, if Ft. Myers does have a tourney coming up, you can count on me to be there. You can also count on me to win it, and knock QDVS, CockBlock, and Coza all out of it, because that's just how I do.

Insemination_17

Smash Journeyman
Loserlad: That's Right!! Halo 2 online is the $hit! I'm also hooked to it and that's why for like 5 months I didn't practice smash at all...

Ivan: I'm pretty sure you're ganandorf can beat rockcrock's...

-Peace

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
Insemination_17 said:
Loserlad: That's Right!! Halo 2 online is the $hit! I'm also hooked to it and that's why for like 5 months I didn't practice smash at all...

Ivan: I'm pretty sure you're ganandorf can beat rockcrock's...

-Peace
what ever happen to ivan, i havent heard of him for a long time. i thought he quit smash.

Insemination_17

Smash Journeyman
TT: Oh, I thought you're name was Ivan, and I was referring to you there, lol. His isn't as good as yours but it's decent, it might beat rocks. He has swen-like mind games I swear.

Umm, he moved to Talahassee and is studying at FSU right now focusing on his studies. Last time we chatted, he said he still plays it with his buddies almost every weekend over there, he definitely didn't quit. Smash is like crack to him - wherever he goes he'll still do it. Now he's focusing on Smash revolution, and said something like, "ARE YOU READY TO PLAY SMASH ONLINE B I T C H! YOU'RE DEAD!!".

He thinks his link can beat mine. Every time we link dittoed it in Miami it was like 50/50.....I can beat it.

*BTW, once, his link beat swen's marth on hyrule at our carnival, remember that tourney the Fallen Angels hosted? Thing is,..obviously link has an advantage on that level, cuz he always brings them down where it's hard for him to die. (lol - he did that to **** some young noobs him vs. 4 TA off, and they were like, baffled cuz they thought they had a clear advantage and kept paying to do rematches...it was sweet.) After that match Swen was pissed. I mean you could tell, and he counterpicked FD and ***** his a**. Ivan was laughing hysterically and then just shocked of how brutal and merciless that match was when it ended. You should've been there. I think EL Toro and Jit where there, plus like 10 young people who were behind the screen observing, thinking that there was no way Ivan was gonna lose, and then thinking that Cloud was like a god for beating him....haha

-anyways, Peace

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
Insemination_17 said:
*BTW, once, his link beat swen's marth on hyrule at our carnival, remember that tourney the Fallen Angels hosted? Thing is,..obviously link has an advantage on that level, cuz he always brings them down where it's hard for him to die. (lol - he did that to **** some young noobs him vs. 4 TA off, and they were like, baffled cuz they thought they had a clear advantage and kept paying to do rematches...it was sweet.) After that match Swen was pissed. I mean you could tell, and he counterpicked FD and ***** his a**. Ivan was laughing hysterically and then just shocked of how brutal and merciless that match was when it ended. You should've been there. I think EL Toro(dont you mean EL Zoro?) and Jit where there, plus like 10 young people who were behind the screen observing, thinking that there was no way Ivan was gonna lose, and then thinking that Cloud was like a god for beating him....haha

-anyways, Peace
hahaha, thats an awesome story.

Insemination_17

Smash Journeyman
lol.....yeah, those were the good ol' days.
Now, we all just like,...dispersed cuz we all finished high school this year.

and yeah, I meant el Zoro,....I forgot his real name also. He's a cool person. He was the one who knocked me out of the tourney 2-1 after his marth beat my falco.
I should've picked Link dam* it.
I was thinking for like a minute which character to choose, and swen was telling me to stick with my best character, which was Falco back then, and I agreed, but I was still defeated....

TT: Good luck at PAWS (4-year anniver. tourney). Your ganon is a demon.
BTW, is your name Ivan too?

-Peace

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Slightly new look to the front page; just went through some major editing.
CHECK OUT FL CREWS
NEW!!! florida crews post
NEW!!! florida past tournaments post
NEW!!! florida post on old smasher by region (copy pasted)<-- dunno what I'll do with this, but its good reference

OMG if i type [ur l=][/u rl] one more time tonight I'm gonna kill myself
**BANG**

Now everyone else outside of Team Fort and GSPOT who is in a crew, post your **** so I can add your crew. Rock: if want to add more on, let me know, and post it--or aim me.

Spent more than 2.5 hours on this thing tonight. 0_o You know I love you guys.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Exarch when u were talking about gspot u wrote goldwing when u meant lumbro. Its in the paragraph about goldwing at the end.

Jit

Smash Journeyman
My link sucks.. i haven't played him in forever. Swen's link is nice, but i think he quit smash a while ago Ivan (Inse's friend) has a good link. Lighted_Warrior has a really good one too, but he's in USF now so he's far and busy.

BETA

Smash Ace
exarch said:
Smash Veterans Crew
A relatively new addition to the Florida smash scene, this crew has been tourney active since FORT1.

SmashMac: Plays Falco.
DashizWiz: Idunno???
KeepspeedN: Idunno???
Other_people: Assuming they exist.
;-; Nobody remembers me. And I was at PAWS too... Didn't get the chance to face you.

All you have to do is check the sig. I play Yoshi, Wiz also plays Falco, SpeedN plays Sheik, Risu plays Marth. The two others don't really play Smash.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Hello to everyone, i'm from Puerto Rico. I will be going to Florida sometime around December 23. I will be in the Miami area, since I don't know if we are heading someplace else after that but is almost a sure bet that I will be in that area for about 5 days. I don't like to talk about my skill but at least I know im a decent player, not the best but I guess I preform ok. I would love to play with people from Florida, I want to take this chance to experience what stiles of gameplay are mostly used in Florida, if anyone is from that are please PM me, I really want to play someone from the United States. When the date when I depart comes closer and I have more details I will try to post more, I will probably take my Laptop and try to connect to smashboards while i'm there. Feel free to PM me.

SmAShLoGiCs

Smash Apprentice
BAH U GOT FL TEAMS UP THERE WITH NO P PINES SMASH CREW EX???? COME ON U KNOW me and my buddys that are with team Optimum... or how we like to say it .... PPPPP PINNNESSSSSSSSSSSS SMMMMMMMMMASHHHHHHHHHH KKKKKRRRRRREEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Top Bottom