• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuTurk

Smash Rookie
Hey there all :D my name's Julio, but friends call me Turk. :D

I've been a Nintendo gamer since I was only 2 years old! (1987-8) when the NES was released. Since then, I've owned every major console and handheld, and love them all to pieces! I also just started playing Brawl again today after watching Bizkit in today's tournament :)

See you guys around! :D

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
GunBlaze's my name, Smash's the game.

Never been on tourneys, but I have some knowledge on the scene as well as some ATs (Wavedash and some of that stuff; I'm just too slow for it XD)

Been playing Smash ever since the original came out.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Welcome you two.

Enjoyyyyyy the forums!

jd00824

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm Jordan.......Been playing smash my whole life and looking for some more. I was a Ness man in 64, while I've grown quite scrappy with good old Lucas in Brawl.

Always down for a challenge

lordbababa

Smash Rookie
New guy here. I've been playing the original smash bros for I don't know how long now, and my main character has always been Jigglypuff (don't care how lower tier it is, I can totally win)! Unless you count a couple friend only tournaments or one time where I played smash at Otakon, I can't say I've ever done anything related to tournaments but I wanna change that so that's why I'm here!

I'm also really into art and all that fun stuff. I don't have any medium that I stick to, I just do whatever I please which goes from making straight up simple oil paintings of fruit to insane video games that were inspired by Genesis chapter 3.

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
Hello, Smash Fans! My name is Mari777 or Mari for short. I love Brawl and I own the game and my fav charaters are Sonic, Mario, Meta Knight, Pit, Luigi, Lucario, and Kirby. I am a fan of Mario and Sonic and if you need a friend to listen to, Im your girl! Even though Im a newbie. Any questions, Just ask! Oh, and I have One. Where is the live Chat room here? Thanks! :greenhill:

:sonicbrawl: VS. :mariobrawl:

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Hello there, welcome to the forums. To answer your question there are no "live" chat rooms. Though, there are social threads just find one that you like. Hope you enjoy your time here!

ndayday

BRoomer
There is a chat but it's unused :(

Most people congregate in social rooms like Alberto said, or have an external chat they go to (Skype, xat, etc.)

KAOSN00B

Smash Cadet
Hi i'm from vancouver and i have always loved smash brothers since i was a kid playing it on the nintendo 64. Last year i learnt that there was a scene for it and since then I have been wanting to play in tournaments. I hope to meet some of you sometime in the future as i start.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Hey guys, I'm Jordan.......Been playing smash my whole life and looking for some more. I was a Ness man in 64, while I've grown quite scrappy with good old Lucas in Brawl.

Always down for a challenge
Lucas player!

Don´t forget to visit the Lucas backroom.
:bee:

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Hi i'm from vancouver and i have always loved smash brothers since i was a kid playing it on the nintendo 64. Last year i learnt that there was a scene for it and since then I have been wanting to play in tournaments. I hope to meet some of you sometime in the future as i start.
Welcome! You should visit and look for you region here, there you could meet people from around where you live and find a tournament around you.

:phone:

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
YOOOOO You're in BC too eh? I'm just getting into the scene myself too ._.
Welcome :3 Tourneys are hard LOL. Glad to see ya heree.

Koopa-Paratroopa

Smash Rookie
Hi, name's Koopa-Paratroopa. I just decided to come here because I found my old copy of SSB 64 and need to stop being so free. :p Plus, I hear the community here is really awesome. Just in case that there are somehow SSB64 tourney players in Santa Cruz, CA, I hope to meet you guys. :)

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Hi, name's Koopa-Paratroopa. I just decided to come here because I found my old copy of SSB 64 and need to stop being so free. :p Plus, I hear the community here is really awesome. Just in case that there are somehow SSB64 tourney players in Santa Cruz, CA, I hope to meet you guys. :)
Hey dude. It is a pretty cool community. Smash 64 section is here: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

clarify

Smash Cadet
Hi! I'm clarify. I'm a huge fan of the Smash series, but I'm not a competitive player. I might be the worst player on here, actually. On a recreational level, I think I'm ok. From a recreational level, I find all of the characters balanced (Anti-Tierist, not even sure if any more of my kind exist), but only in Brawl (Fox, Ganon, ect. were overpowered in Melee), but I'm sure the differences are huge depending on the tourney rules. Once I get out of grounding, I'll post my Brawl Friend Code so that anyone who wants to play with me and help me get a lot better can do so. I focus much more of my time with music, as I play clarinet and alto saxophone, and music is my passion. I'm also a brony, though in my social life, I won't admit it (too many ignorant people:(). I love Brawl, I play that and I also still play Melee occasionally. I decided to join the community after reading a guide on Ganondorf (my favorite character), and I found I didn't know crap before reading the guide. I also see that everyone is friendly, so I decided to give this a try. And......that's pretty much it!

EDIT: I now also play Smash 64 occasionally, and will start playing online once I get a USB controller and figure out how to get PJ64k to work without crashing. Also, after playing a few matches in the Arena, with the tourney ruleset, I'll admit to the existence of tiers.

ndayday

BRoomer
Welp, welcome then!

The Smashboards Arena right in this board is a good place to start. Quite a few bronies there, too.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Salutations, clarify, and welcome to SWF, where the sun is green, the grass is bright and yellow, and the oceans are... wait a minute. Anywho, you'll find that these forums are quite nice. Just be wary of the occasional troll, and you'll be perfectly fine. A Ganondorf main? Visit the Ganon boards where you'll meet some nice and wise Ganon mains, and be sure to look out for Vermanubis, a Ganon main knowledgeable in the dark arts. Until then, have a happy stay at SWF, and please keep all belongings with you. SWF is not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Saludos, clarify, y bienvenido a SWF, donde el sol es de color verde, la hierba es brillante y amarillo, y los océanos son... espere un minuto. De todos modos, usted encontrará que estos foros son bastante agradables. Sólo hay que ser cauteloso con los ocasionales troll, y estarás perfectamente bien. A Ganondorf principal? Visita el Ganon salas donde encontraras unos lindos y sabio Ganon los usuarios, y asegúrese de mirar hacia fuera para Vermanubis, Ganon principales conocedores en la oscuridad arts. Hasta entonces, tienen una feliz estancia en SWF, y guarde todas sus pertenencias. SWF no se hace responsable por la pérdida o artículos robados.

DMS

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm DMS. I've been a long time lurker however I haven't decided posting until now. I'm an Olimar main who is also quite decent with plenty of other characters. I've been playing competitively since Sep. '10. I'm a very flashy player, abusing techs left and right. xD
I'm normally stuck with wifi (The lag holds me back so much), but soon may have the chance to go offline.[Hype] Perhaps I'll be recognized if I'm good enough. =P
I've been a member of the following site some of you may know as BFC for quite some time: DMS
I'm one of the top players currently, but want to be the best :p
As I said before, I've lurked this place for so long, and it's probably what helped me become the player I am now the most.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm DMS. I've been a long time lurker however I haven't decided posting until now. I'm an Olimar main who is also quite decent with plenty of other characters. I've been playing competitively since Sep. '10. I'm a very flashy player, abusing techs left and right. xD
I'm normally stuck with wifi (The lag holds me back so much), but soon may have the chance to go offline.[Hype] Perhaps I'll be recognized if I'm good enough. =P
I've been a member of the following site some of you may know as BFC for quite some time: DMS
As I said before, I've lurked this place for so long, and it's probably what helped me become the player I am now the most.
Welcome DMS, you should head over to the arena and play people there, they're all pretty friendly and it's good practice for your olinar which sounds interesting enough.

:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Welcome, DMS, and congratulations on taking the first step to becoming a member of SWF. As it looks, you seem to already be familiar with the site, which is a great plus for any newcomer. The Olimar boards is but two clicks away, or one click if the most recent post came from the Olimar board. Wi-fi can be a real drag with the online lag, so here's to hoping you get to play more offline matches. Feeling stressed or really happy? Check out The Happy Thread and Unhappy Thread in the Pool Room to express glee, or vent out some anger (within reason) respectively. Also, be wary of the occasional troll, and you'll do just fine. Until then, enjoy your stay at SWF, and we hope to see you more and more. Be advised to keep all belongings with you; SWF is not responsible for lost or stolen items

Bienvenido,
DMS, y felicitaciones por dar el primer paso para convertirse en miembro de SWF. Como se ve, usted parece ya estar familiarizados con el sitio, que es una gran ventaja para los recién llegados. El Olimar juntas es pero dos clicks, o haga clic en uno de los más recientes del correo provino del Olimar junta. Wi-fi puede ser un verdadero arrastre con el rezago en línea, así que aquí le a esperando que llegue a jugar más partidos sin conexión. Estresado o realmente felices? Infórmate de los felices hilo e infeliz hilo en el Sala de billar para expresar regocijo, o respiradero fuera cierto grado de cólera (dentro de lo razonable) respectivamente. También, hay que ser cauteloso con los ocasionales troll, y te irá bien. Hasta entonces, puede disfrutar de su estancia en SWF, y esperamos verlos más y más. Se aconseja guardar todas sus pertenencias con usted; SWF no se hace responsable por la pérdida o artículos robados.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Hello everyone!
Since I didn't saw this thread until now, so I'll copy-paste everything that I wrote in another thread...

Hello forumers!

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to this new forum (for me it is new lol). And I really hope that I can make a good impression on you guys, so here we go...

About me:
I'm just a dude who likes programming, drawing, playing with drums, music, movies and of course video games. When I was young, I used to play only Nintendo consoles, nowadays I'm pretty open-minded don't really care about any specific consoles, only good games.

If you're interested in what kind of games, music or movies I like, here's a list...

Games and game series:
Super Smash Bros series (duh...)
Uncharted (my favorite game series atm)
Super Mario Bros
Metal Gear Solid
Paper Mario
Legend of Zelda
inFamous
Mass Effect
Mega Man Classic
and soooo many others

Favourite music:
I'm EXTREMELY critical when it comes different music, but in general I listen to almost anything (well anything that's good in my opinion lol).
I mostly listen to metal, classical, jazz and video game soundtrack and some electronical stuff.
Some personal favourite bands and artists:
Meshuggah
Cynic
Rotten Sound
Mozart
The Prodigy
Faith No More
Slayer
Greg Edmonson (composer for Uncharted games)
Mega Man soundtrack
Michael Jackson (I listened to his music before he died of course)
and others...

Favorite movies:
Inception, The Dark Knight, Austin Powers, Lord of the Rings and many others...

Forum experience:
When it comes to forums I had some bad experience at the beginning when I was a teenager. My first forums that I visited was mostly something to do with Nintendo. It was fun at the beginning but in the end it become pretty boring for me, plus no one was particularly intellectual (in other words, fanbase was stupid, same with Sony and Microsoft). Then I went to some random music forums about metal (music genre) but there were only weird people, too weird, so I stopped with the forum stuff completely.

But everything changed when I bought a PS3 and played a game called 'Uncharted'. I became a huge fan and I decided to give another chance and joined the Naughty Dogs official forums. I loved those forums, the people were nice and funny, got many friends, had many intellectual discussions and even the developers paid sometimes a visit. But then something horrible happened, ND's forums moved to the official Playstation forums and everything that was nice and good was ruined by the Sony fanbase (I hate publishers forums because of my experience with some Nintendo forums). I still hang out there, but the forums aren't the same as it used to be.

And now here I am. I've stalking these forums recently and it seems look like a nice forum, without those stupid fanboys (or at least less), or stupid people and trolls in general...
So I decided to join and give this forum a chance.

I hope that sums pretty well who I am, though my personality will be something you'll probably notice when I post stuff...

I hope that this forum is a great place and that I can find a spot for me here as well as I did in Naughty Dog forums. Thanks for listening... I mean reading

Btw a stupid question, is there anything that I should know (except forum rules) before I post stuff here?

ndayday

BRoomer
Welcome to SWF then!

You just have to know where to look to avoid annoying fanboys, right? I know what you're talking about though. Actually, I found my niche here more in the off-topic sub-forums, so I'd imagine you'll do fine. Check out the Light House and gaming section if you haven't already. There aren't many places here that are lacking in discussion.

ndayday

BRoomer
Jeez Teran you stalking me or something?

But he's right.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, Warheart_666, and welcome to SWF, where the women are beautiful, the men are beautiful, and the food is beautiful. Forums can be like a flip of a coin, in which the community is either great, or the community is mediocre. Thankfully, you find that SWF is a nice and friendly forum, full of good people. Just be aware that there are trolls here and there, but they're not of any particular threat so as long as you pay them no mind. Also, always keep your armor equipped at all times in case of a random nuclear bomb going off. Try visiting the Computer Café, where they talk about programming and other various computer-related topics. The Pool Room is another area to talk about most anything (within reason). If there's anything you have questions regarding the forum, feel free to ask your friendly neighborhood moderator, super moderator, senator, and/or administrator. Until then, have a fun time here at SWF. Remember to secure all belongings. SWF is not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Hola, Warheart_666, y bienvenido a SWF, donde las mujeres son hermosas, los hombres eran hermosos, y la comida es deliciosa. Foros puede ser como un flip de una misma moneda, en el que la comunidad es bueno, o de la comunidad es mala. Afortunadamente, usted encontrará que SWF es una bonita y amigable foro, lleno de buena gente. Debe saber que hay trolls aquí y allí, pero no son de ninguna amenaza particular por lo que mientras les paguen no cuenta. Además, mantenga siempre su armadura equipada en todo momento en caso de una bomba nuclear al azar. Intente visitar el Computer Café, donde se habla acerca de la programación y otros diversos temas relacionados con la informática. El Pool Room es otra zona para hablar de cualquier cosa (dentro de lo razonable). Si hay algo que tiene preguntas acerca del foro, no dude en pedir su agradable barrio moderador, super moderador, el senador, y/o administrador. Hasta entonces, tener un rato de diversión aquí en SWF. Recuerde mantener seguras todas sus pertenencias. SWF no se hace responsable por la pérdida o artículos robados.

mania

Smash Rookie
Greeting Earthlings.

I have been lurking around these forums for awhile now, and only recently created an account because I couldn't use the search function. I've since forgotten what I was going to search for. Nevertheless, I am excited to contribute my little voice to this community!

I grew up with SSB starting with 64 when I was a wee lad, and upgraded to Melee soon after its release. I really like the characters in Brawl, but I don't have a Wii so I only ever get to play at friends houses. I'd like to participate in some local smashfests (that's what they're called, right?) in the future, but as of now I am a part-time smasher.

My favourite characters in Brawl are Olimar, Wario, Toon Link and Snake. Ganon is also fun, but a bit slow for my tastes. I wouldn't say any of those are my main, since I'm really not that proficient with any of them! YET. In melee, I like Marth and Sheik. I never could get the hang of those space animals...

Currently I find myself playing Diablo 3 (although inferno is a pain) and League of Legends occasionally. I play a lot of Tetris but I'm not very fast. I traditionally like shooters and will still hop on CoD4 or CSS once in awhile, but for whatever reason I don't play them as much anymore. I am primarily a PC gamer.

Community, Arrested Development and The Office are my favourite TV shows.

Sometimes I try to be funny but it doesn't always work. I suspect I have an odd sense of humour, but this theory has yet to be confirmed.

Asparagus makes my pee smell funny.

If you've read this far, congratulations! You now know more about me than most people I see on a day to day basis, and maybe a little bit more than you would have liked to know.

Oh yeah, my name is mania. Not, like, in real life... just as an alias. Sometimes. I switch it up.

This has gone on long enough.

ndayday

BRoomer
Asparagus makes my pee smell funny.
I liked this part.

Also hello! I know there are Diablo 3 and LoL threads in the Light House so you might be interested in checking those out. Other than that, have fun.

Sully

Smash Cadet
A little late but...

I was referenced here by Yoshi8984. He and I often play Brawl together and we have a really fun time with the matches we have. I main Ness/Lucas but I've gotten less..good, because at some point I had to get a new Wii that wasn't compatible with the GC controller :( But I've adapted and I can still hold my own against the people I play against. I'm kind of a competitive Brawler, but I usually just play it for fun. I've been on the forums (not registered though) to find new techniques that I could use to show off to my friends and this site is where I learned most of the techniques I learned as Lucas. Though I can't really perform them with the Wii mote + nunchuk :p

Anyways, hey :D

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm Arcadia. I've been lurking for a while now and since the school year is over, I'm several hours away from most of my smash buddies and without a car, so I've finally decided to make an account here. I main Marth on both Melee and Brawl, but I only play Melee competitively. I hope to make some new friends from across the country and world here. ^_^

Also, the people I play with mostly are from Richmond, VA and I know a few of them have accounts here, so it'll be fun to see how long it takes for them to figure out who I am. ;)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, Arcadia157, and welcome to SWF, where it is possible to Shao Khan-elbow the sky in the kidneys. A Marth main, are you? Then you will be delighted to know that there are Marth boards for Melee and Brawl. Have personal friends with accounts here? That's also great, as it makes traveling through the boards easier when you're with people you know. Have a nice time here at SWF, and be sure to keep your belongings safe, as SWF are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Hola,
Arcadia157 y bienvenido a SWF, donde es posible a Shao Khan-codo el cielo en los riñones. ¿Un principal, Marth eres? Usted estará encantado de saber que hay foros de Marth para Melee y Brawl. ¿Tener amigos personales con cuentas aquí? También es bueno, como lo hace viajar a través de las juntas más fácil cuando estás con gente que conoces. Pasar un rato agradable aquí en SWF y asegúrese de proteger sus pertenencias, como SWF no son responsables por artículos perdidos o robados.

TheGreenBandana

Smash Rookie
Eeeeerrrr... Hello...??

I´m TheGreenBandana, I´m 14 years old, live in Germany and play SSB for a couple of years. I skilled in the time SSBB was announced with Melee. Now I just have discovered the world of Clans&Crews and I want to join an SSBB Community, but that´s difficult. ALL Clans are dead and I needed hours to find this site. I so do hope that I´m right here...! D:

ndayday

BRoomer
Welcome to SWF!

This is fairly good community, so I hope you find what you're looking for. I see you posted in the Arena already, so I think you're on your way already. Most people don't play there this time of day though, try in 5~ hours of this post or so.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hi, TheGreenBandana, and welcome to SWF. I noticed you're new to the world of Smash communities, or so it's implied. With that said, I can tell you that you'll find this site to be pretty great as far as Smash Bros. communities go. It can be hard to start or enter clans, but give it enough time, and I'm sure you'll find some nice people to team with. Be sure to check the character-specific boards as well, as you'll get some valuable information on said character's metagame and can learn how to improve your own character as well. Until then, enjoy your stay here at SWF. Also, please keep your belongings safe, as SWF is not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Hola,
TheGreenBandana y Bienvenido a SWF. Noté que eres nuevo en el mundo de las comunidades de Smash, o por lo que está implícito. Dicho esto, puedo decirle que usted encontrará en este sitio a ser bastante grande en cuanto a las comunidades Smash Bros ir. Puede ser difícil iniciar o entrar en clanes, pero darle tiempo suficiente, y estoy seguro de que encontrará alguna gente agradable hacer equipo con. Asegúrese de comprobar las juntas de carácter específico, como usted obtendrá alguna información valiosa sobre dicho personaje metagame y puede aprender a mejorar tu propio personaje así. Hasta entonces, disfrutar de su estancia aquí en SWF. También, por favor mantenga sus pertenencias seguras, como SWF no es responsable de artículos perdidos o robados.

smashknight91

Smash Cadet
So I've had an account for a while, but I haven't been on much. Since I'm getting into Smash again, I figured I'd change that. I just moved to San Antonio and I'm looking to attend some tournaments and meet some players around here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom